PDA

View Full Version : Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

katherine5832
12-24-2007, 01:48 AM
I was reading some old threads last night and saw Mrs Frey's thread about favorite HFO moments. I didn't see one for FT1, so I thought I'd start it. I might have to do this in 2 parts - I have many! I, of course, loved the whole thing, but here are the highlights:

Long Run - Don doing that little talking motion with his hands while he sings "People talkin' about us..." Also, when he sings to Joe, "Cause all the debutantes in Houston, baby, couldn't hold a candle to you."

Wasted Time - I just love watching Don sing this song and just give it his all - his eyes closed, his emoting. I especially love it when it's just Don's voice and Glenn's piano playing.

Peaceful Easy Feeling - I don't think I've heard the opening strains of this song sound as sweet as it does on this DVD.

One of These Nights - Don's drumming and singing lead and that great "Whoa-oo-whoa-ooh-whoa--ooh!" Those high notes! How the hell can he still do that?

One Day at a Time - Joe Walsh: "It's about relevant stuff." LOL! The song was a nice surprise. I'm always leery when it comes to new stuff, but I liked this right away.

Lyin' Eyes - Glenn: "...an old song...it's just about all we have" and his referring to his first wife as "plaintiff." :)

Boys of Summer - When Don strums the guitar to begin the first "I can see you..." refrain. I don't know why, but I find that simple move very sexy.

Already Gone - Love Don's intense face during this song or as I like to call it - his "I think something crawled into my drum set and died" grimace.

No More Cloudy Days - Like One Day at a Time, this was a pleasant surprise too. I was so happy to see that it's on Long Road Out of Eden (which I'll finally get Christmas morning - can't wait!)

You Belong to the City - Love the whole number, but especially the repetitive (and almost hypnotic) drumbeat.

Life's Been Good - I really get a kick out of watching Glenn's reactions to Joe's antics. Even Don looks like he's having fun with this song! My favorite part is when Glenn and Joe are shuffling across the stage and it looks like Joe misses a step or something. It cracks Glenn and Don up.

Dirty Laundry - So cool! I love watching Tim and Glenn strut around the stage and Don looks oh so cool playing the guitar. And I like the little 5-man hop that they do.

Life in the Fast Lane - Don: "Are you with me so far?" (Audience cheers) "Good!"

All She Wants to Do is Dance - Glenn's dancing is great! He's so uninhibited! Joe's little shuffle across stage is hilarious. And I love the huge grin on Don's face when he's playing with Tim.

Desperado - no explanation needed here. It's all Don, baby!

General highlights:

I love watching Don play the "stand-up percussion set" (for lack of a better term). Very sexy! I especially enjoy watching the synchronicity between him and Scott Crago. There are some great shots of them during In the City and Walkaway and their drumming is just flawless.

Okay, raise your hand if you think Will Hollis is just too damn cute? :bye:

I really enjoy the audience shots. Everyone looks so happy to be there (and why wouldn't they be?). I love watching them dance and sing along with the boys.

Wardrobe change: Don looked mighty fine in the first part of the concert, but I do like him in his denim and plaid shirts. I like that laid back, comfortable look that he has.

Bonus features: I'm liking Don's scruffy whiskered look and he smiles and laughs! I laughed when he mentioned the writer who said that they "loiter on stage...it's a little more dignified to loiter" (at their age).

Well, I guess I got everything in. How about you? What are your favorite moments?

sodascouts
12-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Great choices! I'm going to have to watch Farewell 1 again in order to truly do this up right! Such a painful task. ;)

Maleah
12-24-2007, 12:43 PM
The Long Run - .......when Don sings to Joe, "Cause all the debutantes in Houston, baby, couldn't hold a candle to you."
Me too! I just love the "buddy stuff" between the guys. There's always so much talk about tension, that it's nice to see stuff like this. I know it's something they do all the time, but I still think it's nice to see :)

Wasted Time - I just love watching Don sing this song and just give it his all - his eyes closed, his emoting. I especially love it when it's just Don's voice and Glenn's piano playing.
Same here! His voice is SO full of emotion when he sings this song! Gives me goosebumps!

One of These Nights - Don's drumming and singing lead and that great "Whoa-oo-whoa-ooh-whoa--ooh!" Those high notes!
One of my very favorites to watch and listen to! From Tim's bass in the beginning (he's always fun to watch because he seems like he's enjoying himself so much!), to the same part you mentioned with Don to the part at the very end where he adds another oooh while they're ending

One Day at a Time - Joe Walsh: "It's about relevant stuff."
I love that line from Joe and I love the "ooo la la la" background parts. I LOVE Don in his black suit with the brown shirt back there playing the percussion set!

Boys of Summer - When Don strums the guitar to begin the first "I can see you..." refrain. I don't know why, but I find that simple move very sexy.
Agreed! ;) A couple of other parts that I love..........there's a few parts where Don's singing and you can see Glenn singing along over beside him. So cute! And near the end it almost seems like Don's voice is getting raspy and he might be straining a little to hit the notes, he looks over to his right real quick and Glenn and Tim join him in singing some lines.

No More Cloudy Days -
I love listening to this song on this dvd. Glenn sounds so smooth! I love the harmonies!

You Belong to the City - Love the whole number, but especially the repetitive (and almost hypnotic) drumbeat.
This is another of my favorites to watch! Agree about the drumbeat! I love Tim's bass at the beginning and then he starts singing with Glenn. Another part that I love is right before Joe's solo, the camera is on Tim and he keeps playing the bass with his right hand and points to Joe with his left as Joe starts the solo.

Life's Been Good - I really get a kick out of watching Glenn's reactions to Joe's antics. Even Don looks like he's having fun with this song! My favorite part is when Glenn and Joe are shuffling across the stage and it looks like Joe misses a step or something. It cracks Glenn and Don up.
Another of my favorites to watch! (I seem to be saying that a lot! lol) Remember earlier when I said I like the "buddy stuff?" Well this song is full of it! I love how much fun Joe and Glenn are having and then you see Don cracking up in back as well. But I really enjoy watching Glenn and Joe interact in this song......Joe will sing something or do something and Glenn will laugh......Glenn will do something and laugh and then Joe will grin............it's adorable to watch :D

Dirty Laundry - So cool! I love watching Tim and Glenn strut around the stage and Don looks oh so cool playing the guitar. And I like the little 5-man hop that they do.
Ah yes......the song that got my attention! LOVE watching it! I love at the beginning where the lights are down and the camera comes behind Joe and he's doing the moonwalk (or attempting it LOL) in place. I love how into it the entire band gets....it seems like they enjoy playing it!

Life in the Fast Lane - Don: "Are you with me so far?" (Audience cheers) "Good!"
One of my very favorite Eagles songs! I love that part you mentioned! I also love when the last "life in the fastlane" has been sung.....and it starts to go into all the cool stuff at the end....when Don's drumming kicks up a notch and brings them back up to speed. I love it! He makes his "drumming face!" :D I also love glenn and tim's synchronized steps near the end. lol

All She Wants to Do is Dance - Glenn's dancing is great! He's so uninhibited! Joe's little shuffle across stage is hilarious. And I love the huge grin on Don's face when he's playing with Tim.
Isn't that grin cuuuute?! :D Joe is just too much fun....I'd love to meet him! I love Glenn's confidence!

I love watching Don play the "stand-up percussion set" (for lack of a better term). Very sexy! I especially enjoy watching the synchronicity between him and Scott Crago. There are some great shots of them during In the City and Walkaway and their drumming is just flawless.
Me too!!! I love to see the two of them in sync like that and as much as I love to see Don on drums.....I also love to see him over there being multi-talented ;)

Okay, raise your hand if you think Will Hollis is just too damn cute? :bye:
:bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: !!!!!!!

Well.......I just had to comment on most of the things you had mentioned because I love them so much too! But I'll have to watch it again to find my own and then I'll get back to you ;)
Great post by the way! I love commenting on things like this! :D

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm gonna have to watch it again as well. There's my homework for Saturday night when my better half is working to 'keep the city safe' :wink:

My favourite moment on the tour was when the boys came out and started the gig and I just looked.....and thought...

'Is that Glenn :heart: Frey? He is Absolutely GORGEOUS :inlove: '

Thats hard to beat!

Mrs Frey
12-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Oh, wow - thanks for starting this thread, Katherine! I'm glad that my HFO thread inspired you to do so! :D It's funny, I was thinking of starting one for F1, but it's so much longer than HFO and I think I would probably take about two pages of this thread if I were to list all of my favourite moments! :wink: :blush:

I've logged on from a friend's house (since I'm on leave from work and daily internet access :( ), so I'm going to offer a few thoughts at the top of my head. I think all your favourite moments are fantastic (yours too, Maleah!), and I consider some of them among my favourite moments, too. Please excuse me if I repeat some of them:

1. I love the opening sequence and brief shots of the boys backstage. Sometimes it's frustrating because they're just too brief! I need more ogling time, because they look so incredibly smart. Wow.
:smitten:

2. The Long Run: when I get that first real glimpse of Glenn in his grey suit and pink shirt, rocking away on rhythm guitar, it takes my breath away. It's barely believable that a man of 56 can look that good
:drool:

3. The Long Run: I love Don performing this song. He looks so relaxed and confident. And very, very sexy. I love his outfit - the way his shirt hangs loosely beneath his jacket. I also love it when he puts his arm around Joe: "couldn't hold a candle to you"! Joe's expression is priceless!

4. I love Glenn's "Welcome" speech, to the Eagles' "Farewell One" concert. "Moving along into "Farewell 2" at some point I'm sure..." I LOVE IT!!! The way Timothy and Joe stick out their fingers is also amusing!

5. Glenn's intensity in "New Kid In Town" is a sight to behold. Just like Don, the way he hits those notes is just phenomenal, especially since his voice has dropped quite a bit since his twenties.

6. Wasted Time: Don's vocal is magnificent, and I love Glenn on piano. Once again, his intensity as he lifts his fingers above the piano keys absolutely thrills me.

7. I Can't Tell You Why: Beautiful Timmy vocal, as always. I love the way Tim walks over to Steuart Smith during his guitar solo, and says something to make him smile. That's a special moment.

8. One Of These Nights: Don singing and playing the drums at the same time in this song always fascinates me endlessly. It's a complicated drum pattern and the vocal isn't easy either. Simply amazing. I love the intensity on Glenn's face when he reaches for the high notes at the end!

9. One Day At A Time: I love Joe's honest and sincere introduction. It's poignant and I think it took a lot of guts, to be frank. It's a great song too and an excellent Joe vocal.

10. Lyin' Eyes: this is one of my favourite Eagles songs, and Glenn's vocal is superb as usual. I always enjoy his dedication to 'plaintiff'!

11. Already Gone: one of the best rockers by the boys. I love Glenn's "we're gonna have to take a break". I always think when he says that: "Take a break, Sugar, you deserve it!" :blush:

Katherine, do you see what you've started! :wink: I'm not close to finished yet and I've already listed 11 moments! :blush: I'll have to continue on another day (later this week... :D ), and give someone else a chance! Okay, just two more:

12. No More Cloudy Days: this is so beautiful. Glenn's "an adventure for me, personally" introduction is so touching - I love that shy little smile. A great song.

13. All She Wants To Do Is Dance: I love Glenn's dancing! He is unbelievably sexy!! :twisted: As is Don doing his thing out front!

I'll stop now. But I'll be back... :wink: :blush:

Freypower
12-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Re Will Hollis: :bye: and also :fainted:

My favourite moments on this DVD can be summed up very quickly:

No More Cloudy Days. :inlove: but in particular the 'big adventure for me personally' and the stare at the camera.

Heartache Tonight. All those hand movements. :yay: :help: Charisma plus.

New Kid In Town :angel:

Lyin' Eyes :drunk:

It's not that I enjoy looking at that suit, or anything, you understand.

Don's drumming in Already Gone, OOTN, HC, LBG and RMW.

That's probably enough. :blush:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
OMG - this could go on forever! :yay:

First of all, I agree with every single thing that everyone has said here. Suffice it to say that I love the entire DVD from start to finish, so for now, I'm just going to add a few things that I thought about off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned.

1. The way Glenn gets into his part on OOTN. You can tell that he loves this song.

2. Tim's admonishment when he says "Remember, we're taping tonight." His expression is so cute (and his pointing).

3. Don's intro to HITW. I love the "down unda" and how he looks kinda uncomfortable - it makes him look vulnerable.

4. Glenn's band intros. I love the "fertilizer of their genious" line.

5. The way Glenn is smacking at his face during the Dirty Laundry intro.

6. Hotel California - the whole thing

7. Rocky Mountain Way - the whole thing

8. Take It Easy - the whole thing

9. The bonus interview parts:

The entire segment of Glenn and Joe together

The part when Tim says, "It's not the Circle of Fear - it sounds like a Glenn nickname."

The part where Joe describes an Eagles audience as "one of everything."

The entire segment with Don - "Whose guitar is this anyway?"

Freypower
12-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I am particularly fond of the Glenn/Don 'warm & fuzzy' moments. The one after Tequlia Sunrise, the one after Hotel Califonia, and especially when Glenn pats Don on the back after Desperado. Awwww.....

StephUK
12-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Another :bye: for Will Hollis ....he is just so cutey-cute. I just love him.

So my fave Farewell 1 moments are any shot that Will is in, but especially his beautiful expressions during Lyin' Eyes, Heartache Tonight, All she wants to do.

Steph

glenneaglesfan
12-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the Border Steph, and thanks for your first post, from a fellow Brit!

I've enjoyed reading all your favourite moments and have to agree with everything said so far. I don't get to watch this as much as I'd like to, but was able to have a look at part 2 this morning.

I'd like to add:

Glenn's hair starting to fall over his forehead in Take It Easy :smitten:

I'm with you in the Heartache Tonight hand movements, Fp.

I love the three guitar solos at the end of Dirty Laundry, and the five guitar line up.

Don's drumming and singing in Life In The Fast Lane.

Timothy waving his arm up and down at the start of Dirty Laundry.

Joe's fantastic guitar playing in Funk#49

There are many others, like the bonus features, particurly some of those rehearsal moments.

Mrs Frey
12-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Re Will Hollis: :bye: and also :fainted:

My favourite moments on this DVD can be summed up very quickly:

No More Cloudy Days. :inlove: but in particular the 'big adventure for me personally' and the stare at the camera.

Heartache Tonight. All those hand movements. :yay: :help: Charisma plus.
New Kid In Town :angel:
Lyin' Eyes :drunk:

It's not that I enjoy looking at that suit, or anything, you understand.

Don's drumming in Already Gone, OOTN, HC, LBG and RMW.

That's probably enough. :blush:

Highlighted text 1: Will Hollis is rather cute, isn't he? :nod: It's just difficult to concentrate on Will when Glenn's :heart: around, though :blush: :wink:. I rather enjoy the two of them at the keyboards together during "All She Wants To Do Is Dance", but then I can barely wait to see Glenn :heart: dancing again :help: :blush:.

Highlighted text 2: I didn't get round to it with my last post, but "Heartache Tonight" is my favourite Eagles song, and Glenn's :heart: performance is completely captivating. I love the hand movements too, and I especially love the part where he crosses his arms across his chest... :makeout: If I were to be in the front row at an Eagles concert, and he were to do that, I would not be responsible for my actions. I think Security would have to form a barrier in front of me. :blush: :wink:

FP, that suit is a favourite Glenn :heart: outfit of mine, too. When I first saw the concert, he took my breath away. But then again, he always does... :blush:

I also enjoy watching Don's drumming. His backbeat on "Already Gone" for some reason is particularly appealing to me in this concert.

Looking at your second post here, Glenn/Don "warm & fuzzy" moments are particularly touching to me, too.

Mrs Frey
12-28-2007, 10:00 AM
1. The way Glenn gets into his part on OOTN. You can tell that he loves this song.

2. Tim's admonishment when he says "Remember, we're taping tonight." His expression is so cute (and his pointing).

3. Don's intro to HITW. I love the "down unda" and how he looks kinda uncomfortable - it makes him look vulnerable.

4. Glenn's band intros. I love the "fertilizer of their genious" line.

5. The way Glenn is smacking at his face during the Dirty Laundry intro.

9. The bonus interview parts:

The entire segment of Glenn and Joe together

The entire segment with Don - "Whose guitar is this anyway?"

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I think pretty much the whole bonus interview section is a highlight for me. I love how Glenn :heart: laughs at Joe's humour. That throaty laugh straight from the heart gets me going too, and makes me just feel the love... :blush: :sigh:

I always enjoy Don's little peep at the camera while he's tuning the snare drum, and the way he describes it as "a very delicate operation".

Joe is so sincere when he talks about the fans, and it touches me everytime. :hug:

Another highlight for me is when Glenn :heart: winks at a fan - I'm not sure, but I seem to recall it happening while he performs "Take It To The Limit" (I'll have to watch it again just to make sure :wink: ). I just LOVE that!

Funk #49: Tim looks like a panther when he prances about to the beat at one point during the song. Glenn :heart: and Joe get in on the act, too! They're so athletic! :shock:

Mrs Frey
12-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I love the three guitar solos at the end of Dirty Laundry, and the five guitar line up.

GEF, I love this too! Isn't this also the song where they jump up and down while they're playing? I find that utterly fascinating! How do they do it? :shock: :bow:

Mrs Frey
12-28-2007, 10:06 AM

So my fave Farewell 1 moments are any shot that Will is in, but especially his beautiful expressions during Lyin' Eyes, Heartache Tonight, All she wants to do.

Steph

Welcome to The Border from me too, Steph! :yay: I have to agree that Will is cute, but I'm afraid the Eagles themselves (especially Glenn :heart:) have ingrained themselves into my heart far too deeply for me to look too much in anyone else's direction! :blush:

Okay, I do concede I have one favourite moment that involves someone other than the boys themselves: when Al Garth plays that trumpet intro to "Hotel California", and encourages the audience to cheer when he holds that note, is simply fantastic!

Brooke
12-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm loving everyone's "moments" and trying to think of anything I can add!

The only one I can think of is in Already Gone, I think, when Glenn sings "Just remember this, my girl, when you look up in the sky" and he rolls his eyes up! I think that's so cute!

And :bye: for Will, too! He is adorable.

Jeff Cooke
12-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, my "favorite" is going to be relatively small because I'll just list my favorite favorite (though I like it all). The best part of the DVD for me is that the guys look like they are genuinely having fun. Fun is contagious.

Freypower
12-29-2007, 05:25 PM

Steph

Welcome to The Border from me too, Steph! :yay: I have to agree that Will is cute, but I'm afraid the Eagles themselves (especially Glenn :heart:) have ingrained themselves into my heart far too deeply for me to look too much in anyone else's direction! :blush:

Okay, I do concede I have one favourite moment that involves someone other than the boys themselves: when Al Garth plays that trumpet intro to "Hotel California", and encourages the audience to cheer when he holds that note, is simply fantastic!

Just regarding the HC horn intro, that's Bill Armstrong, not Al.

StephUK
01-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi 'Mrs Frey'

I quite understand that. I've loved the Eagles music for years, and although I appreciate they each have their charms there wasn't a specific one who I lusted after.

When I first saw Will Hollis (back when he used to look so serious and a bit shy, and didn't often smile when he was playing!) I thought how attractive he was. Then I heard him play the piano so beautifully and that was it......he stole my heart. :inlove:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL EAGLES FANS

Steph

DonFan
01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Steph,
First, welcome to The Border!
Now, I have a little story about Will Hollis. You are right, he is definitely a cutie-pie. He went on tour with Don last summer and when my friend Kelly & I saw Don in Oklahoma City, we were sitting in the third row, directly in front of Will. When Don walked over to the opposite side of the stage to play to the other side of the amphitheater, we waved at Will, who was playing right in front of us, and he grinned and nodded back to us. For the rest of the show, whenever Don walked away from center stage to the other side, we were waving at Will and he was winking and grinning at us. He was so adorable and sweet, and he added to an already fantastic evening.

Happy New Year to you too!

katherine5832
01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Awwww...that's so cute. God, I would love to get seats so close for the Eagles or for Don. That's awesome that you were that close!

DonFan
01-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Start saving your $$$, Katherine--that is what I am doing. Every chance I get, I squirrel away a little money for my "Eagles/Henley Tickets Fund." I think the guys ARE going to tour sometime this year, and it is worth every penny to get those really close seats!

01-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Start saving your $$$, Katherine--that is what I am doing. Every chance I get, I squirrel away a little money for my "Eagles/Henley Tickets Fund." I think the guys ARE going to tour sometime this year, and it is worth every penny to get those really close seats!

Amen to that! Sitting in the first few rows changes the entire concert experience. However, I have to say that once you get to sit up that close, you will get REALLY, REALLY spoiled. We were only able to get sucky seats at the CMAs. That was fine since the guys only performed one song. However, I would probably have been sad if that had been a full blown concert. I guess the bottom line though is that any seat is better than no seat at all. BUT, having said that, if you ever get the opportunity to sit close, do NOT pass it up!!!! :D :D

sodascouts
01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Welcome, StephUK!

I agree, it's worth it to save the money for the good seats. I'm saving up so that I can buy an "I Love All Access" ticket to one show, at least.

Mrs Frey
01-07-2008, 09:54 AM

Steph

Just regarding the HC horn intro, that's Bill Armstrong, not Al.

LOL, FP! I just knew you would pick that up! Your Eagle eyes (pun intended! :wink: ) miss nothing.

You're not going to believe this, but after I posted about my Mr Armstrong moment, I wondered whether I had got it right. I watched Disc 2 of F1 that same night, and had a good look at the trumpet player. Sure enough, it was Bill Armstrong, not Al Garth. :blush: At the same time I thought, "FP's going to pick up my mistake!" :lol: Oh well, as I told Steph, I focus so heavily on the Eagles themselves that I notice little else at times. So I have a good excuse! :wink:

On the subject of Bill Armstrong, he has been blessed with a very appropriate surname: I rather enjoy looking at his impressive arms during that trumpet solo too... :blush:

Freypower
01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
That did sound a bit anal, I know!

For the record I like Bill's arms too and the way he gestures to the audience.

I'm one of the people who likes the horns, especially on Funk #49. I suppose purists will quibble but I think they add to the atmosphere. Perhaps they shouldn't be on Life In The Fast Lane but there you go.

Mrs Frey
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Anal? Not at all! Correct statements and facts are just important to you, as they are to me too. I completely understand and respect that. I have a huge admiration for your knowledge of the Eagles - I'm just a junior in comparison. On 11 January it will be 11 months since I became an Eagles and Glenn :heart: fanatic - and you've been a fan for 28 years! Correct me all you like, FP - it only broadens my knowledge.

I enjoy the horn section in the Eagles' music too. It's very effective and adds more depth. It sounds particularly good to me on "Heartache Tonight", my favourite Eagles song.

StephUK
01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
I too like the horn section, and the violin. I think it fills out the sound, especially on stage. The alternative is to add more keyboards and generate strings etc that way, but personally I prefer to hear the 'real' instruments(no disrespect to my favourite keyboard player Will of course - what he adds to the sound is valuable without question).
I'm also a fan of the piano sound, so Mike gets my full support too.

Steph

StephUK
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi,

Some more of my favourite screen caps from Farewell 1:-

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc10.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc13.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc15.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc16.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc20.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc22.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc28.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc3.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc31.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc32.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc34.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc36.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc37.jpg

LOL
Steph

StephUK
08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
and more......
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc4.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc7.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc8.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/60%20minutes/From%20F1/From%20F1%20more/EaglesFarewellmisc9.jpg

Steph

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Steph-you have been a busy girl---Thanks again. I absolutely loved the way Timmy looked in this dvd--I do believe it was those jeans :drool:

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that one of Don's drum face :inlove:
I thank you Steph!

08-01-2008, 05:59 PM
You definitely managed to capture some very cute moments, Steph. Thank again.

Glennsallnighter
08-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Yes indeed Steph!! Fantastic!!

Mrs Frey
08-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Fantastic screencaps, Steph! Thank you!! :D :D :D

glenneaglesfan
08-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Steph-you have been a busy girl---Thanks again. I absolutely loved the way Timmy looked in this dvd--I do believe it was those jeans :drool:

TBF, welcome to our world! :D :twisted:

Steph, congratulations on some lovely screencaps. Don's drum face is very cute, and so is the one just before! 8)

Troubadour
09-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I need to watch F1 again soon (really, I do) but off the top of my head...

The very beginning snippet from backstage where Glenn, Don and Joe start walking out. The way Don says "Oh really?" is so cute.

Don's self-hugging during the "and make romance" parts of All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

Glenn's dancing :cool:

The interplay between Joe and Glenn during the second half, watched with amusement by Don - particularly during Life's Been Good, Funk 49 & Rocky Mountain Way. Love the way Glenn cracks up after Joe says "Come in!"

There's a part (I think it's during Funk 49) where Joe turns around in a small circle, holding his hands up in the air, before returning to the mic. Very cool.

Don's shuffle up to the mic just before the first line of Boys Of Summer.

Glenn's "That's just about all we have..."

Don gripping his shirt during Sunset Grill :drool: :heart: :twisted:

One Of These Nights is a highlight for me. Don makes hitting those high notes look effortless.

The whole bonus section. I love the bit where Glenn talks about singing with other people (I'm paraphrasing big-time here) - "It's lots of fun, scoopin', comin' in at the same time..." His voice just sounds really cool. I also love it when Don says "The strangest things pop into my head on stage." He is delicious in that interview. The stubble, the gravelly voice, the denim, the glances at the camera... :fainted:

Of course, Glenn's laughter at Joe is hilarious. The bit about living in a car with Irving never fails to cheer me up. "You and Irving lived in a car together? That's AMAZING!"

The "Who's guitar is this?" bit. My favourite part is: "Cool. I like it. I like MY guitar." So, so adorable :heart: The affectionate smile Joe shoots Don after he teases him about it gives me warm fuzzies too.

Glenn slapping Don on the back with a huge grin on his face, and Don smiling and holding his arm out to wave him past. Aaahh!

Freypower
09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
That 'Don the southern gentleman' bit allowing the Fearless Leader to sweep past him is a particular favourite of mine as well.

I am always fascinated when Glenn talks about singing. I like the 'scoopin'' part too but also the 'find your voice, don't rush, listen to the drummer.... stay close to your mic' part.

Troubadour
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I am always fascinated when Glenn talks about singing. I like the 'scoopin'' part too but also the 'find your voice, don't rush, listen to the drummer.... stay close to your mic' part.

Ah yes, that's the part! I love that whole section, it's a great insight and shows how methodical and professional their approach is. There's something about Glenn's voice that makes him very easy to listen to.

EagleLady
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
The way Glenn cracks up at Joe during Life's Been Good

EagleLady
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Also Glenn and Joe's adorable dancing at ASWTDID

Mrs Henley
10-01-2008, 09:20 AM
The backstage part, when Don's asking "Who's guitar is this?" just so funny!

Stephanie
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
One of my favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD is when Glenn's dancing during All She Wants to do Is Dance. He really looks like he is having a great time and I love to watch it!

Mrs Henley
10-09-2008, 03:33 AM
I agree, Stephanie! Glenn is indeed having a lot of fun and for us is it of course a lovely watch!

I love the part when the guys are having that little interview (at the end credits) and that Joe said: "I'm not done yet with Henley" Just great!

TimothyBFan
10-09-2008, 07:17 AM
One of my favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD is when Glenn's dancing during All She Wants to do Is Dance. He really looks like he is having a great time and I love to watch it!

Also my favorite part of the video-that and emotion that Timothy shows while singing ICTYW.:inlove:

Freypower
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I agree, Stephanie! Glenn is indeed having a lot of fun and for us is it of course a lovely watch!

I love the part when the guys are having that little interview (at the end credits) and that Joe said: "I'm not done yet with Henley" Just great!

He actually says 'Henley's not done with me yet'. There's a difference.

Troubadour
10-09-2008, 09:13 PM

Oh yeah :twisted:

EagleLady
10-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I am not done with Henley yet, if you know what I mean :twisted:

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 11:45 AM

Ah Ok, my mistake! :angel:

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh and I love the part that Timothy is walking in and pushing that guy away :lol:

Troubadour
10-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Timothy is adorable in that part, MH.

I also love the little smile Don gives - presumably - the standing girls in the front row near the beginning of the concert. OK, so I am insanely jealous. But it's cute.

Mrs Henley
10-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah it is Troub!

I love it that Joe is singing (playbacking with a crazy face) at All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

sodascouts
06-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Reviving this ancient thread because the Farewell 1 video was aired this week on NBC in 2005. This was right when I was becoming a hardcore fan, but I missed it when it first aired. Wow, has it really been six years?

Annabel
06-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I've only had my copy for 18 months when I re found the Eagles and became hooked all over again only about 5 times as hard. :hilarious: It gets regular viewing time in my house when the others are at work or school. Ahhh just me and the guys. :nahnah:

WalshFan88
06-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Great DVD!

I have to say my favorite "moments" from the DVD are Joe and his antics. When he walks right up to the camera during "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" puts me in a laughing fit, same with his antics during "Life's Been Good" and his lyric-changing that cracks Glenn up and also his little whammy bar trick he does after the "tear out the walls" part. Also the now over-used (he does it in every show I've seen since) move where Don walks up to Joe during The Long Run with the "couldn't hold a candle to you" bit and Joe acts puzzled. I love Joe's antics.

Freypower
06-04-2011, 11:21 PM
They are way overdue to release a new DVD.

WalshFan88
06-04-2011, 11:35 PM
They are way overdue to release a new DVD.

Agreed!

WalshFan88
06-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Also, about a new DVD (not to go too off topic but I wanted to mention this):

I would REALLY like it if there were some special features that really highlight the band backstage. And I would DIE for a "Gear Tour" of all of the guys' guitars, amps, pedals, mics, drums, basses, whatever. Especially Joe but it would be nice to see all of them. I would totally die and go to heaven if they did a video tour of Joe's guitar rig and he demonstrates it. :hilarious: For a gearhead like me that would be heaven. There is really no video out there of Joe or even his tech (Mark Reis) doing a rundown of his gear. I want to see it! Also some "Circle Of Fear" footage wouldn't hurt along with maybe some other backstage footage. Also I think it'd be cool if they did more interviews with each guy, INCLUDING Stu. I've never heard Stu speak or be interviewed before. Really the only video right now about Joe's guitars out there is the famous Carvin ad.

Sorry but I had to get that out there since FP brought up the fact about they haven't made a new DVD. I wanted to get that out there in case the Eagles are reading this (Ha! Wishful thinking....) and they could use my ideas! :rofl:

06-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Wow! First of all, it seems unbelievable that it has been 6 years since the TV airing of Farewell I. It is such a great DVD and there are so many highlights in it for me. And since they did such a good job with their other DVDs, I guess it is time for another one! :wink: :nod:

Judy
06-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I love the outtakes. I like the part where Don doesn't recognize his guitar and Joe teases him about it. I love the part where Glenn & Joe are talking over the credits and Joe is talking about Irving, Dan Fogelberg, and himself living in a car.

I miss the jumping during Dirty Laundry, so I'd have to say that's one of my favorite parts now.

StephUK
06-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Farewell 1 is a great DVD and I have lots of favourite moments.
A favourite moment for all Glenn fan's has to be when he dances

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Will2/f951b738.jpg

and a couple of my favourites of Will(if I might self-indulge in this thread:spin:)
The 'tongue' pic

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Will2/cdb581ab.jpg

and

'getting into it' on Sunset Grill

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Will2/e7399994.jpg

EaglesKiwi
06-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Oooh, the tongue pic is adorable :)

Annabel
06-06-2011, 03:21 AM
I love the outtakes. I like the part where Don doesn't recognize his guitar and Joe teases him about it. I love the part where Glenn & Joe are talking over the credits and Joe is talking about Irving, Dan Fogelberg, and himself living in a car.

I miss the jumping during Dirty Laundry, so I'd have to say that's one of my favorite parts now.

I agree wholeheartedly with all these bits. :nahnah: :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
06-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Glenn dancing!!! That bring such a smile to my face every time I watch it!!

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I love it!

EaglesKiwi
06-11-2011, 01:41 AM
There's also a really cute moment where Glenn is sitting at the piano & raises his arm for one of the high "ooo" not!es.

And a totally gorgeous Timothy & Don smiling & playing together moment. I tried to screencap it, but even though it pasted ok when I went to save it the picture disappeared and I was left with everything else on my screen EXCEPT Timmy & Don.:mad:

whitcap
06-11-2011, 03:25 AM
And a totally gorgeous Timothy & Don smiling & playing together moment. I tried to screencap it, but even though it pasted ok when I went to save it the picture disappeared and I was left with everything else on my screen EXCEPT Timmy & Don.:mad:

I love that moment too :)

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad88/whitcap91/Eagles/d2cap52-1.jpg

EaglesKiwi
06-11-2011, 05:59 AM
Thank you Whitcap!! :grouphug: I really wanted to share the pic with everyone... and of course I really wanted a copy for myself!! :yay:

sodascouts
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Adorable!

Koala
06-12-2011, 02:25 AM
There's also a really cute moment where Glenn is sitting at the piano & raises his arm for one of the high "ooo" not!es.

Do you mean this?

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/screen%20shots/ybttc-1.jpg?t=1307859912

StephUK
06-12-2011, 12:59 PM
The weather today in the SouthWest of England is terrible, so I'm at home watching the Farewell 1 DVD right now(just got to the band intros bit). What better to do on a wet & windy day?
Here are some more favourite moments:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Farewell%201%20DVD/44f9294b.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Farewell%201%20DVD/b40ee4bb.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Farewell%201%20DVD/f523f1ec.jpg

Prettymaid
06-12-2011, 01:22 PM
It does my heart good to see the smiles on their faces! They are so rare. :ack:

Annabel
06-12-2011, 02:56 PM
The weather today in the SouthWest of England is terrible, so I'm at home watching the Farewell 1 DVD right now(just got to the band intros bit). What better to do on a wet & windy day?
Here are some more favourite moments:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Farewell%201%20DVD/44f9294b.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Farewell%201%20DVD/b40ee4bb.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Farewell%201%20DVD/f523f1ec.jpg

Same here Steph and no end in sight still to the rain. Loving your choice of fave moments. :D

Judy
06-13-2011, 12:11 AM
I forgot the cute band intros. I just watched it last night, too, but skipped the band intros. I'll have to rectify that.

sodascouts
06-13-2011, 12:55 AM
I need to get that sucker out and watch it again myself!

TimothyBFan
06-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Me too, Soda. I can't actually remember the last time I've watched it.

EaglesKiwi
06-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Thank you to both Koala & Steph for the lovely photos!! :inlove:

Troubadour
06-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Love seeing all of these gorgeous screen caps! There are so many great moments in this DVD. Not least, the interviews... :faint:

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Yes, and since today is the anniversary of the day it got released to DVD (as opposed to the broadcast anniversary), it's only right that the celebrations continue! :)

Koala
06-14-2011, 01:15 PM
More favorite moments!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/screen%20shots/f1t-1.jpg?t=1308071614

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/screen%20shots/f1t1.jpg?t=1308071609

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/screen%20shots/f1t2.jpg?t=1308071606

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/screen%20shots/f1t3.jpg?t=1308071624

Annabel
06-14-2011, 01:20 PM
:thumbsup: Good choices there. :nahnah:

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Love these!

TimothyBFan
06-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Just now getting back to this thread---WOW!!! So glad I took the time---these are gorgeous pics. Love all the happy smiles! Thank you.:thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
I was just browsing through my Photobucket account and came across these screen caps, so I thought I'd post them in this thread. Some of my favourite moments...

I love all this candid, casual stuff! Nothing better than watching the guys laughing together. I think Don is adorable in these stills. Don't know why, but I love how his hand is on his stomach in the second one. :heart:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donglennlaughingf1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donglennf1soundcheck.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/eaglesf1soundcheck3.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/eaglesf1soundcheckstill.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/eaglesf1soundcheckstill2.jpg

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Wasted Time intensity! The way he slows it down and draws it out... Swoon.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1wastedtime.png

Tim being cute.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/timf1sshhh.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/timf1smile.png

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/timf1soundcheck.jpg

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Love watching Don drum and sing at the same time.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1ootndrums.png

And, of course, the interview. When I first saw this, I almost had a coronary. The denim jacket, the henley, the stubble, the blue eyes, the deep and husky voice... so delicious!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1interview2.png

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1interview3.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1interview4.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1interview5.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1interview6.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1interview7.jpg

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 02:29 PM
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Farewell%201/DonHenleyF1Interview2.png

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donf1interviewsmile.png

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Farewell%201/F1DonGlennScreencap.png

The shirt-gripping...

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Farewell%201/cap004.jpg

And I love watching Joe throughout this concert. He looks good, and when he really gets going, there's nothing like it.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Farewell%201/cap005.jpg

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM

For some reason I find this one especially striking. Maybe it's the look in those beautiful eyes. All I can say is WOW.

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
I know what you mean, Soda. It's the kind of inquisitive head-tilt, and the brightness in his eyes. So gorgeous.

StephUK
06-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Got to agree - Don has got beautiful eyes.

Freypower
06-29-2011, 07:14 PM
OK.... the first batch Troub posted are In Charge & therefore qualify as favourite moments. But most of mine are during songs.

I'm sure this is the performance of TIE in Melbourne which I saw because the wet hair was such a standout:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/TIE5.jpg

Being one of the very first people to hear NMCD was 'a big adventure for me personally' too. Bring it back. I still remember the emotions I went through that night in Melbourne (especially when they didn't play it in Sydney).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/BigAdventureCamera5.jpg

The late lamented NKIT, because it was there, before it disappeared.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/NKIT33.jpg

I think people know this is my favourite shot from the interview.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/GlennInterviewAvatarShot.jpg

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/BigAdventureCamera5.jpg

This is such a lovely shot!

I miss New Kid In Town, too.

Windeagle
07-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I just picked up The Farewell 1 DVD today and watched it this afternoon. I definitely like it better than HFO, and that's saying something because I love HFO. Some comments:

- It feels more relaxed. I guess that can be expected since HFO was filmed before they started touring again. The guys seem to be past the early jitters and are much more comfortable with each other.

- The presentation was better. More interviews, better production, more professional looking packaging. Could be because it was put out by ERC instead of Geffen and Glenn held the reins as Executive Producer.

- The alternate song titles in the interview section. Hilarious!

- And the best one, for me anyway - Glenn's setlist on the cover, complete with instrument notations! I kept comparing and squealing happily when the notation matched the guitar he was playing. I'm such a gear-geek.

07-30-2011, 01:05 PM
I haven't watched Farewell I in quite a while. I used to play it all the time because my mom used to like to listen to it before her Alzheimer's progressed too far. I'll have to listen again soon. And Windeagle, I never even realized about the information on the guitars. I'm gonna have to check that out as well.

Windeagle
07-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm a liner notes fanatic. I read things cover to cover. It's why I prefer buying CDs over downloading.

Anyway, as I was studying the setlist in the picture on the front flap, I noticed handwritten notes beside most of the songs. I didn't make the connection until I noticed the word "Rhodes" next to "I Can't Tell You Why.". "Hold on," I said, "Glenn plays the Rhodes on that song. I wonder..."

Sure enough, I broke the code.

OB = Old Black
LP = Les Paul
6 = Acoustic 6-string
Tele Black = Black Telecaster
Tele Sunburst = Sunburst Telecaster

There's enen a note about a delay pedal (on Sunset Grill, I think). I had such fun checking each song to see if it matched. I felt like such an insider. It would be even cooler if it was really Glenn's handwriting, but it's probably his guitar tech's.

07-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow! Windeagle - that is just freakin' cool. I'm very impressed because in the 6 years since this DVD was released, I don't recall anyone else having ever mentioned this before. And believe me, I've read a lot of comments about this DVD. :thumbsup: I just checked out what you are referring to, and, by gosh, you are right on the money. Even if I had noticed the writing before, I don't know if I would have been able to 'crack the code' like you did. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. BTW - I'm not sure about the writing because it's very hard to see, but it could very well be Glenn's handwriting. I think he often has a tendancy to write in block script.

tequila girl
07-30-2011, 05:27 PM
I was intrigued by Windeagles discovery (and a bit perplexed 'cos I'd not noticed it)......so off I went in search of my copy to have a look - it's not there! must have been different versions for the UK & USA :-(

GlennLover
07-30-2011, 06:11 PM
That is sooo cool Windeagle! I had noticed the writing there before but I didn't think I could see it clearly enough to read it. The eyes aren't what they used to be. I probably wouldn't have known what it meant even if I could read what it said. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Freypower
07-30-2011, 06:54 PM
I've always known it was there & assumed others did too. I'm intrigued by 'Tele Sunburst' though because I though the Sunburst was a Gibson (which is referred to as 'LP'). The 'Tele Sunburst' is played on Boys of Summer. I know that guitar is a Telecaster but I didn't know it was called a Sunburst.

WalshFan88
07-30-2011, 07:01 PM
I've always known it was there & assumed others did too. I'm intrigued by 'Tele Sunburst' though because I though the Sunburst was a Gibson (which is referred to as 'LP'). The 'Tele Sunburst' is played on Boys of Summer. I know that guitar is a Telecaster but I didn't know it was called a Sunburst.

FP, Sunburst can be referred to any guitar that has a "Sunburst" multicolor finish. Gibson Les Pauls are commonly sunburst, hence the association. Vintage Gibson Les Pauls (LPs) are referred to as Bursts. But sunburst is a general term. "Burst" however is mainly only referred to on Les Paul Standards.

Freypower
07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Is it? Thanks so much Austlin! I had no idea!

tequila girl
07-30-2011, 07:04 PM
I think "Sunburst" refers to the finish on the (any) guitar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunburst_(finish)

WalshFan88
07-30-2011, 07:09 PM
I think "Sunburst" refers to the finish on the (any) guitar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunburst_(finish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunburst_%28finish))

Yes, it does.

Windeagle
07-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Austin, I'm glad you're here. As I was looking at it again, I noticed notes that appeared to be "(pickup up pos)" on a couple of the "LP" songs. Would that refer to the position of the switch on the Les Paul, do you think?

WalshFan88
07-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Austin, I'm glad you're here. As I was looking at it again, I noticed notes that appeared to be "(pickup up pos)" on a couple of the "LP" songs. Would that refer to the position of the switch on the Les Paul, do you think?

Yup - that would indeed indicate the pickup selector switch is on up, which is on the "neck" pickup. Down would be on the "bridge" pickup.

Windeagle
07-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks, Austin.

Now I have my left-handed husband analyzing the handwriting for "lefty" clues. I'm getting way too obsessive about this.

(And yes, he thinks it was written by a lefty.)

07-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I've always known it was there & assumed others did too.

OMG FP - Why in the world would you assume that? :fingerwag: :oops: Like I said, in 6 years, I can't ever remember one single mention of this on the board. I think it is a really cool piece of trivia that is definitely worthy of mention.

Anyway, I went ahead and scanned this in case anyone doesn't see it on their copy. When I tried to make it bigger, it got too blurry, but maybe someone else can get a good quality larger version.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/F1Setlista.jpg

The more I look at this, I'm thinking it probably isn't Glenn's handwriting. I'm not positive about that though.

WalshFan88
07-31-2011, 01:47 AM
If I had to guess - I'd say it's Glenn's guitar tech's writing. Most techs write down special notes about the settings, guitars, etc on the setlist so they have them to refer to when they go to hand off the guitars to the player. Back when I was in the Eagles tribute, I used to do the same. I would write next to each song on our setlist (my copy) which guitar I was using and if any settings on the amp, guitar, or pedals needed to be changed for that song. It's a common occurrence that happens with any band really. The setlist was probably the guitar tech's copy since the tech usually has his own copy of the setlist to refer to when preparing guitars for the artist and gets them ready.

Windeagle
07-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the insight, Austin. I figured that was probably the case, but it never hurts to dream.:)

WalshFan88
07-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the insight, Austin. I figured that was probably the case, but it never hurts to dream.:)

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news. :( :D

sodascouts
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Count me amongst those who didn't have a clue about this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Windeagle!

TimothyBFan
08-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Was just thinking about reading this, this morning. This is exactly why I love getting new members to the board---you just never know what they may teach you!! :thumbsup:

Isn't it amazing that so many long time members here and only 1 (is that right?) claims to have ever noticed that before? And how the heck many times have we watched these dvds? Geesh!!!!

Windeagle
08-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Glad I could help. I watched the DVD again this morning. The music is great, but I still love those clips with Glenn and Joe in the credits. Makes me want to see a Party of Two show almost as much as an Eagles show. I'll bet they have a lot of fun in a looser setting.

GlennLover
08-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Glad I could help. I watched the DVD again this morning. The music is great, but I still love those clips with Glenn and Joe in the credits. Makes me want to see a Party of Two show almost as much as an Eagles show. I'll bet they have a lot of fun in a looser setting.

They sure do!

zeldabjr
07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
had to comment on this as I have recently been addicted to watching this...as far as favorite moments...all I have to say is ...Timothy's jeans:blush::smitten::inlove::drool:

BramwenR
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Where do all these threads come from!! Glad this one has been resurrected too..I would have to break it up about six ways, between the four leads and the band, the audience etc..fave guy moments, yeah I got plenty!!Need to come back with those cos it's just gone 1.30am here, need to be fresh LOL.Brenda, I am sure Timothy would be very appreciative of your comments ;) :P

EaglesKiwi
07-13-2012, 03:58 AM
had to comment on this as I have recently been addicted to watching this...as far as favorite moments...all I have to say is ...Timothy's jeans:blush::smitten::inlove::drool:
Really? Can't imagine why... :nope:
:lie:
:fainted:
There are a few of us who have commented on (drooled over) Tim's legs and butt...

TimothyBFan
07-13-2012, 08:04 AM

What are you talking about?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/TimothyBSchmit114-1.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2012, 09:28 AM
At the first show in Atlanta this year, I got the butt shot of all butt shots. Too mesmerized to even think about lifting the camera to share it with y'all. It wasn't Timothy, though...

zeldabjr
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
What are you talking about?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/TimothyBSchmit114-1.jpg

OMG I just saw this post ...am turning fifty shades of red not grey!!!...I'll state the obvious...great pic!!!

zeldabjr
07-19-2012, 01:48 PM
At the first show in Atlanta this year, I got the butt shot of all butt shots. Too mesmerized to even think about lifting the camera to share it with y'all. It wasn't Timothy, though...

Hmmm...wonder who it was VA?:headscratch:

BramwenR
07-19-2012, 06:36 PM
If I had to guess - I'd say it's Glenn's guitar tech's writing. Most techs write down special notes about the settings, guitars, etc on the setlist so they have them to refer to when they go to hand off the guitars to the player. Back when I was in the Eagles tribute, I used to do the same. I would write next to each song on our setlist (my copy) which guitar I was using and if any settings on the amp, guitar, or pedals needed to be changed for that song. It's a common occurrence that happens with any band really. The setlist was probably the guitar tech's copy since the tech usually has his own copy of the setlist to refer to when preparing guitars for the artist and gets them ready.

Is that the tribute band that travelled around the world, Austin?? I saw a couple of clips and it was really good!! It's interesting what goes on with the techy stuff, how many guitars did the guys use for this concert? I lost count!!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-19-2012, 07:47 PM
OK...I have reread this thread and I gotta say I LOVE IT ALL:hilarious:

This is one of my favorite DVD"S.

Yes...Will Hollis is so stinkin' cute , especially when he flashes that smile.

I am a lucky chickie. JAHH took a picture of me and Scott Crago

(another cutie) and Will after a concert . They were as kind as they could

be . I hate to share the picture cause I have the dumbest look on my face

caues I was so stunned by the hugs and that I was standing in between

them.

Anyway, love the whole video and my favorite friday nite is sharing a cold

beer and Live from Melbourne with JAHH.

Just a great way to finish a bad week at work. Kinda puts a punch on

starting the weekend.

sodascouts
07-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Sounds like a fun time to me, TT!

Troubadour
07-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Agreed! I must watch this DVD again soon... So many great moments. It's a treat for me to see and hear Don sing such a sexy, slowed-down version of Wasted Time, and I love all of the backstage stuff... Very cute indeed. New Kid In Town is a performance I really enjoy from this disc, too.

StephUK
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I am SO jealous of you Tiffany Twisted - meeting Will AND getting your photo taken with him.:jealous: Will does have a gorgeous smile. :) I wish he'd smile more when he's on stage instead of looking so serious most of the time.

I met Scott Crago in Glasgow & had a little chat with him. He seemed to be a nice guy.

Come on TT, show us the photo and make me even more green with envy!

StephUK
07-20-2012, 05:52 PM
p.s. Tiffany Twisted - you might like to visit my Will Hollis fansite at:-

http://willhollisfansite.webs.com/

Steph

Troubadour
07-21-2012, 04:48 PM
These are definitely a couple of my favourite moments... Warm fuzzies! :heart:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donglennf1soundcheck.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donglennlaughingf1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/eaglesf1soundcheckstill2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/eaglesf1soundcheck3.jpg

Prettymaid
07-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Who is that on the left? He seem to pretty much be over it! :hilarious:

sodascouts
07-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Steuart Smith has had a long day, lol.

Prettymaid
07-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Well, I thought that looked like Steuart, but I've never seen him show that much emotion!

Troubadour
07-21-2012, 07:29 PM
LOL!!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
p.s. Tiffany Twisted - you might like to visit my Will Hollis fansite at:-

http://willhollisfansite.webs.com/

Steph
Thanks Steph I checked it out.
:bow:great job.
Thanks for sharing,

Tiffanny Twisted

Tiffanny Twisted
07-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Steuart Smith has had a long day, lol.
yep Soda , it looks like him.
Great guitar player and a heck of a nice guy too.

JAHH and I met him in AC after a show. He signed my LROOE cd and took a picture.
and talked with us a little. I got a hug and he shook JAHH's hand.
Quality guy and a heck of a guitar player..:rockguitar:

Tiffanny Twisted

Tiffanny Twisted
07-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Ok, just rewatched it. ANd I gotta say, Glenn (with his snazzy shoes )dancing and then playing with Will.

:rockguitar:Its just a great video.
TT

zeldabjr
07-22-2012, 02:25 AM
I got really sick of You Belong To The City and Dirty Laundry in the 80's...overplayed I think...but I really loved them in this concert...especially You Belong to the City...love the way Glenn sings it here...have a renewed appreciation for these songs...

Troubadour
07-22-2012, 04:48 AM
It's amazing how hearing a song live can renew your love for it, isn't it? The same thing happened to me with In The City, Hotel California and Lyin' Eyes. They just have a special magic when they're played on stage.

sodascouts
07-22-2012, 12:09 PM
This happened for me with "Long Road Out of Eden." I thought it was terribly preachy, overlong, and even poorly executed with that screech-to-a-halt tiresome Middle Eastern music in the middle after such a slammin', energy-building guitar solo.

However, live, it held a cinematic intensity that kept me enthralled.

(I still think it could've done with some editing down, though!)

Troubadour
07-22-2012, 12:16 PM
"Cinematic intensity" is a great way of describing it. I loved the song since the first moment I heard it on the album, but I agree that the live performance added something extra special. Quite haunting.

07-22-2012, 12:39 PM
ITA with you all about how seeing some of these songs live can add such a different dimension to them. I always loved You Belong To the City, but the first time I saw it live at an Eagles show, I was blown away by how powerful it is. It was an unforgettable moment for me. And I've talked before many times about the effect that Hotel California has on me when I see it live. I get very emotional because it always makes me appreciate the pure awesomeness that I am witnessing at that moment. I happen to believe this is one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever written and recorded by one of the greatest bands in history, and I could see it performed a thousand more times and it wouldn't get old. Take It Easy has a similar effect on me live even though the mood of the song is upbeat. However, the historical significance of the song combined with the fact that I know the show is coming to a close when I hear it always gives me a big lump in the throat.

GlennLover
07-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Ok, just rewatched it. ANd I gotta say, Glenn (with his snazzy shoes )dancing and then playing with Will.

TT

I particularly love that part! :heart:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-22-2012, 06:44 PM
I particularly love that part! :heart:
yep,what Glenn lover woundn"t love it.
He is rocking with the horns and jaming with will. Just looks so happy to be where he is at that moment in time.

TT

Troubadour
07-22-2012, 06:53 PM
I love Glenn's dancing, too!

This is one of my favourite moments, though. So flippin' adorable! I love the way Joe gently teases him afterwards... So cute.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/donf1cutecap-1.jpg

Tiffanny Twisted
07-22-2012, 06:55 PM
ITA with you all about how seeing some of these songs live can add such a different dimension to them. I always loved You Belong To the City, but the first time I saw it live at an Eagles show, I was blown away by how powerful it is. It was an unforgettable moment for me. And I've talked before many times about the effect that Hotel California has on me when I see it live. I get very emotional because it always makes me appreciate the pure awesomeness that I am witnessing at that moment. I happen to believe this is one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever written and recorded by one of the greatest bands in history, and I could see it performed a thousand more times and it wouldn't get old. Take It Easy has a similar effect on me live even though the mood of the song is upbeat. However, the historical significance of the song combined with the fact that I know the show is coming to a close when I hear it always gives me a big lump in the throat.

Ok, for me, Hotel California gets me everytime. I never get tired of hearing it and it amazes me everytime I see it done live.
Yes, I agree that it is one of the greatest rock and roll songs of all times.
(right next to Layla...my two favorites)
I think seeing the songs done live really changes the prerspective. You get to see the emotion on their faces and the body language as they sing their hearts out .FOr me it just totally changes the experience.

:band:Tiffanny

Freypower
07-22-2012, 07:39 PM
'Big adventure for me personally'.

It was a big adventure for ME given that I was one of the first people to see this performed. I was in a state. I leave it to your imagination.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/BigAdventureCamera4.jpg

Awwww.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/FuzzyAfterTS2.jpg

You are either In Charge or you are not. :woah:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/GlennInterviewAvatarShot.jpg

New Kid In Town, because it is New Kid In Town, lest we forget.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/NKITSmile.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/PatOnBack.jpg

StephUK
07-22-2012, 07:46 PM

TT

We love to watch Glenn dance!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7263/7625750372_19b5f378f4_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/7625750372/)
[/URL]

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8148/7625749078_da80ee106b_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/7625749078/)[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/7625749078/"]

Brooke
07-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Fp, great pics and of course you know I love your av. Very rare for you to use such an oldie pic! Even though Glenn is completely wasted he's still so HS & G! :drool:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Fp, great pics and of course you know I love your av. Very rare for you to use such an oldie pic! Even though Glenn is completely wasted he's still so HS & G! :drool:
lol, I agree/ Hope it was fun.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-23-2012, 07:01 PM
We love to watch Glenn dance!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7263/7625750372_19b5f378f4_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/7625750372/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8148/7625749078_da80ee106b_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/7625749078/)

thanks Seph uk

Freypower
07-24-2012, 06:47 PM

When he had long hair he looked best when he had a moustache, in my opinion. This is my only avatar from before 1979.

GlennLover
07-24-2012, 07:39 PM
When he had long hair he looked best when he had a moustache, in my opinion. This is my only avatar from before 1979.

I agree, FP. I think he needed the heavy mustache to balance the look with his thick head of hair.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Ok, I think he was just so stinkin' cute ayway you sliced it.

GlennLover
07-24-2012, 07:45 PM

:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-24-2012, 07:58 PM

Definitely!

Troubadour
07-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I LOVE the 'tache (it just fitted that whole bad boy '70s look for me), but I agree that he still looked very cute without it. I think he's adorable in the Kirshner show, for example.

Brooke
07-25-2012, 09:58 AM
When he had long hair he looked best when he had a moustache, in my opinion.

My very favorite look for him, for sure! :drool: :smokin:

07-25-2012, 12:10 PM

I'm definitely there with you on this, girl. He is a man for all ages, no matter what. :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm definitely there with you on this, girl. He is a man for all ages, no matter what. :thumbsup:

Ok, i have been lusting after that man since I was 15 years old. LOL (don't tell JAHH- -although I think he has an idea)

He always looked good then and still does.
:thumbsup:

zeldabjr
09-29-2012, 02:27 AM
I have just been watching this DVD...and have a question...hopefully someone can answer ...Was this DVD shot over two nights like HFO or done in one?....and has Glenn ever worn that blue printed shirt he had on in it at another concert or only in Melbourne? silly questions I know but hopefully some very keen eyed Glenn fan will know!...

GlennLover
09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I have just been watching this DVD...and have a question...hopefully someone can answer ...Was this DVD shot over two nights like HFO or done in one?....and has Glenn ever worn that blue printed shirt he had on in it at another concert or only in Melbourne? silly questions I know but hopefully some very keen eyed Glenn fan will know!...

The DVD was shot over 3 nights. They set a record for attendance at the Rod Laver Arena at that time. You can see several discrepancies in the DVD such as, Don has a jacket on in one part of a song and he is in shirtsleeves in other parts of it (I don't remember which song) & Joe's hair is slicked down at times & more natural looking at others.

I have not seen any pictures of Glenn wearing that shirt other than in these 3 F1 concerts. Has anyone else?

zeldabjr
09-29-2012, 11:45 AM
The DVD was shot over 3 nights. They set a record for attendance at the Rod Laver Arena at that time. You can see several discrepancies in the DVD such as, Don has a jacket on in one part of a song and he is in shirtsleeves in other parts of it (I don't remember which song) & Joe's hair is slicked down at times & more natural looking at others.

I have not seen any pictures of Glenn wearing that shirt other than in these 3 F1 concerts. Has anyone else?

okay I was seeing wardrobe differences too (not Glenn)...thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!...funny I didn't notice any with HFO...

09-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Wow GL - like minds ... I was just coming here to answer as well. The DVD was filmed on the nights of 11/14, 11/15, and 11/17 in 2004.

As far as Glenn's blue checkered shirt, I seem to recall seeing pictures of him wearing it a one other show, but I can't be positive about that.

09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
okay I was seeing wardrobe differences too (not Glenn)...thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!...funny I didn't notice any with HFO...

We had a whole thread dedicated to continuity issues in the DVD. You may have noticed some that weren't mentioned here ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682&highlight=farewell

zeldabjr
09-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I think we are all just too observant for our own good with these guys...there is a picture somewhere of Timothy and Glenn and I noticed Timothy's jeans are not the same as the ones in the DVD...you know I have those jeans burned into my brain and it's always bugged me because in the pic Glenn has on the blue print shirt so I figured it was Melbourne but couldn't figure out why the jeans weren't the same...here's the pic I'm referring to...

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/TimGlennF1-11-1.jpg?t=1348940358

09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Yep zelda - I thought I remembered seeing a picture of that shirt other than in F1. Another clue is that it looks as though Glenn's black tee shirt is out, whereas in the DVD, the shirt is tucked in. However, I would have never been able to find the picture in a thousand years, so thanks for posting it. It's a great picture, in spite of that mic! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Yep zelda - I thought I remembered seeing a picture of that shirt other than in F1. Another clue is that it looks as though Glenn's black tee shirt is out, whereas in the DVD, the shirt is tucked in. However, I would have never been able to find the picture in a thousand years, so thanks for posting it. It's a great picture, in spite of that mic! :thumbsup:

one of my favorite pics of Glenn:wink::wink:...I have it in my picture file!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-30-2012, 10:16 AM
:heart:Ok....can we all agree that there isnt a bad picture out there of GF??? Some might be more faves than others but the man is a looker. I love to watch LFM..he always looks like he is having too much fun.....Joe too ..and of course Scott and WIll and DOn:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Freypower
09-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Here is the other photo I have of that shirt - in Duluth. Remember I saw the shirt, as I was at the November 14 show.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/Duluth.jpg

sodascouts
09-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Love that shirt!

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Love that shirt!

shirt?...I'm lookin' at Joe's pants! lol

Troubadour
10-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Don's really getting into it with that guitar! I love how tall he looks. :inlove:

StephUK
10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Off topic I'm afraid, but I have to say I love your signature picture Troubadour.

Troubadour
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Aw, thanks Steph! I know you are a fellow Gram fan. :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I Love love love that Glenn shirt.
He looks sexy sexy sexy oh...did I say sexy??

Outlawman13
03-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Glenn looks amazing in that checkered shirt. God does he look amazing (I just said that). LOL. I think (for me) it is Joe and Glenn's personality and singing in there. They just have way too much fun with each other. Ahhh good memories to have just before I get a new Farewell Tour. My other one doesn't play anymore. LOL.

GlennLover
03-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Glenn looks amazing in that checkered shirt. God does he look amazing (I just said that). LOL. I think (for me) it is Joe and Glenn's personality and singing in there. They just have way too much fun with each other. Ahhh good memories to have just before I get a new Farewell Tour. My other one doesn't play anymore. LOL.

I recommend F1 in Blue-Ray if you have a B-R player. It just came out & it's well worth getting.

Outlawman13
03-04-2013, 02:21 PM
OHH I'm getting it. I'm not passing up the F1. LOL mine is a blue-ray player and I can't believe how amazing dvds look in them. Especially the Disney movies. Now I wonder how the Eagles will look in that. HMMM. LOL.

Thirsty&Hot
03-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I started to read this thread, but didn't get through all of it..I do have a lot of the same favorite moments!

I love how funny Joe and Glenn are on disc 2...Glenn's faces and reactions to Joe and Joe's faces in general haha

and when Glenn goes "whooooo" and puts one hand up and shakes it like a Beatlemaniac while playing the keyboard during All She Wants to do is Dance.

when Glenn winks during Take It Easy after he says "...one says she's a friend of mine"

the end credits interviews with Glenn and Joe...that whole thing made me crack up ...Glenn's laugh is so cute
and when he was coming up with alternate song titles for their "old age"
"I Can't Remember Why" had me cracking up. I'm 30 and I can't remember (short term) things already so...haha

there's more...but that's what I've got for now
what a fun concert!

08-27-2013, 01:45 PM
We have several threads with various discussions about the Farewell I DVD, but I don't see one about the actual TV special that aired, so I figured this thread was as good as any to bring this up. For those of you who may not be aware, prior to the release of the Farewell I DVD, an edited-down abbreviated version of the concert was aired on television, which was a very exciting preview for hardcore Eagles fans at the time. The reason I bring this up is because I wanted to acknowledge that on this date in 2006, the TV special won an Emmy award for Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Variety or Music Series or Special or Animation (Elliot Scheiner and Sue Pelino).

Prettymaid
08-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Cool! I did not know that!

sodascouts
08-28-2013, 12:15 AM
I missed it when it was broadcast but entered the fandom soon after. Love Farewell 1!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-28-2013, 10:53 AM
We have several threads with various discussions about the Farewell I DVD, but I don't see one about the actual TV special that aired, so I figured this thread was as good as any to bring this up. For those of you who may not be aware, prior to the release of the Farewell I DVD, an edited-down abbreviated version of the concert was aired on television, which was a very exciting preview for hardcore Eagles fans at the time. The reason I bring this up is because I wanted to acknowledge that on this date in 2006, the TV special won an Emmy award for Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Variety or Music Series or Special or Animation (Elliot Scheiner and Sue Pelino).

I knew it was a special on nbc,,,,I watched it and LOVED it......I think I was the first in line at the store to purchase it when it came out
:guitar:tt

shunlvswx
08-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Cool. I didn't know that. I didn't know it was a tv special.

I really enjoyed the DVD. I bought the DVD a few weeks ago along with Hell Freezes Over. They looked so sharp in their suits.

08-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Yep - At the time it aired, it was very exciting. It was pretty much the same anticipation as waiting for the HOTE to be aired on Showtime. But, as Soda mentioned, it was in the spring before she opened this board (or rather its predecessor, Flip City).

GlennLover
08-28-2013, 02:51 PM
I didn't know until recently that it had been a TV special, but the DVD really got me more interested in the Eagles (especially Mr Frey) & in doing some research to find out more about them. I had always loved their music, but didn't know that much about them other than that. That research led me to The Border. Am I ever glad that it did!

chaim
08-31-2013, 11:45 AM
My favourite moments on the DVD: Glenn laughing hysterically at all the silly stuff in Life's Been Good.

09-02-2013, 04:11 PM
I love the interplay between Joe and Glenn in LBG too, but then again, I love the entire F1 concert. I remember what a good time we had with this thread when the DVD was released. I'm going to try to go back and reread some of it when I get a chance. Fun stuff! It'd be fun to hear some thoughts about the DVD from some of our members who weren't around at the time.

shunlvswx
09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
My favorite part of the DVD or one of my favorites. When Joe was doing the guitar solo before the third verse(I think it was third verse) on Dirty Laundry, everybody started jumping. They were having too much fun with that song. Also Joe's helmet cam. That was too funny. He has a ball with Life's Been Good.

Also the ending as they were rolling the credits. The interview while the credits were rolling Joe and Glenn joking around. I Can't Remember Why. I forgot what else they change the words in the title. Then Don looking at his guitar asking if that's his guitar. Then Joe turned around and asked the same thing.

thelastresort
09-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Some personal comments (mostly good!):
The Long Run - when Don puts his hand around Joe who in turn stares on totally bewildered (I think it's the 'couldn't hold a candle to you' line)

Boys of Summer - sublime cover, I think probably the best performance on the DVD. Always thinks it looks a bit odd though in the outro when Don goes and stands next to Steuart but the latter either doesn't see him, it makes Henley look a bit awkward

Already Gone - God I love this song. Delivered with so much power and energy and shows that there's more to Frey's guitar work than a few basic chords

Silent Spring - Gorgeous piece of music: bit of an odd inclusion but cracking nonetheless. Anyone have any YT links to the full track (obviously by a different musician)?

Hole in the World - Very poignant. Weird seeing Joe minus an instrument (I don't think I've ever seen him on stage without one) but a wonderful, deep song, you could hear in Henley's voice when he introduced it how much it meant. Also lovely to see the Mighty Horns providing what looked like humming in the brief shot of them

Life's Been Good - Helmet Cam. 'nuff said. Also love Glenn's reaction to what Walsh sings and the way they shuffle about at the start

Dirty Laundry - when all five of them jump up and down during Walsh's solo

ASWTDID - I'll be honest, my least favourite song on the DVD (and that's saying something when in there with Long Run songs :razz:) but Glenn's horrendous dancing like he's doused himself in hydrochloric acid by accident provides some value

GlennLover
09-02-2013, 09:21 PM
'Silent Spring' is on Glenn's Strange Weather album. It's only a short piece of music, listed as an "Instrumental Prelude". It's only 40 seconds long so you hear the whole song on F1.

I couldn't find it on YouTube, but you cold probably get it on iTunes as they have most, if not all of Glenn's solo albums

shunlvswx
09-02-2013, 10:18 PM
I wanted to give my opinion of the Farewell 1 DVD.

The Long Run-Don and Joe's interaction in the second verse. That was funny when Don goes to Joe and sing, "wouldn't hold a candle to you." Joe is confuse and scratches his forehead.

When Glenn says to the audience welcome the Eagles Farewell 1 tour. Then you see Joe and Timothy putting up their one finger. That was soo funny.

New Kid in Town-Glenn all into NKIT. This has to be one of my favorite Eagles song and favorite song that Glen sings. This song is on repeat on my Mp3 player. I love when Glenn hits that high note on "When he's holding her and you're still around!!"

Wasted Time-Don is soo passionate in this song. I'm starting to like this song. I love Glenn's piano intro at the beginning.

Peaceful Easy Feeling-Just an observation. Don's shirt was opening a lot in this song. You could see his undershirt, but of course the next song that second button was button back up.

I Can't Tell You Why-This is one of my favorite songs. The first time I heard this song was when my favorite country singer, Vince Gill sang it on the Common Thread album. His and Timothy's version was almost exactly the same.

One of These Nights-I'm still trying to figure out how Don can play the drums and sing at the same time without missing a beat. It just amazes me. Glenn singing and mouthing the words with Don.

Lyin' Eyes-Glenn telling the audience that the song goes out to his first wife, "plaintiff." LOL

The Boys of Summer-Don can still hit those high notes with I can see you and I can tell you. Those are some high notes. I know I can't hit them and I'm an alto.

In the City-Don banging the heck out of those percussion drums.

Hole in the World-I love their harmonies in this song.

Take it to the Limit-Glenn saying his wife call this the credit card song.

Life's Been Good-Joe's helmet cam. That was too funny. He has a ball with Life's Been Good. Glenn singing along. Glenn laughing at Joe's lyrics. Glenn's reaction to Joe is so funny. I think this is one of my favorite songs by Joe. They have so much fun with this song. I think my favorite version of this song is the Christchurch version. Joe is just too cute with this song. You can tell he's having a ball.

Dirty Laundry-The guys jumping as Joe plays the guitar solo. They were having too much fun with that song. Glenn pretending to slap himself at the beginning. I was talking about Glenn doing guitar solos on some songs in the documentary thread. He did it at the end of this song.

Funk #49--Another jamming song. This song is growing on me. I seem to like Joe's songs for some reason. LOL The guys jumping and moving around on the stage. Well actually in place. Too funny. They have so much fun on Joe's songs. Don was having fun on the percussions.

Heartache Tonight-I love the bluesy intro at the beginning with Glenn, Joe and Steuart doing their solos. I have to admit. This is my least favorite song. Another group I like called the Osmonds sings this song in their show and it gets old. They don't play the whole song, but I like the Eagles version.

LITFL-Another good drumming song by Don. We are still with you, Don. They haven't left yet. LOL Glenn singing alone with Don again. The guys having fun with this song. Timothy going over to Steuart as they both do their solos.

Hotel California-I like how the spotlight is on Glenn and Steuart as they do their solo and then Joe joins in. One of my favorite songs. Another song that's on repeat. I think Steuart is growing on me now. I didn't know him before I started to become a huge fan, but he does a great job with HC. I love the harmony solos at the end. The best part of the song when they playing the same thing.

All She Wants to Do is Dance-Glenn and Joe "trying" to dance. LOL The closeup of Joe at the first verse was funny.

Take It Easy-The first time I ever heard of the Eagles when Travis Tritt's version. I didn't know at that time that Travis' video was the first time The Ealges been together in years. The song seem a little speed up.

Desperado-All I can say is Don knows how to make you swoon on those ballads.

I love interviews at the end as they were rolling the credits. The interview while the credits were rolling Joe and Glenn joking around. I Can't Remember Why. I forgot what else they change the words in the title. Then Don looking at his guitar asking if that's his guitar. Then Joe turned around and asked the same thing.

Overall. I love the DVD. They have so much fun in this DVD. I love the interaction between the guys. You can really tell they are having fun. I love when Don goes to the percussion. He really gets into it. I'm soo happy I bought this DVD. This DVD and the documentary DVD is what I watch almost every day. I would watch the HOTE at work while I'm working.

shunlvswx
09-02-2013, 11:38 PM

For some reason I find this one especially striking. Maybe it's the look in those beautiful eyes. All I can say is WOW.

I love this picture too. I'm a sucker for guys with blue eyes. I don't know. I melt when a guy have blue eyes. Don's got some beautiful blue eyes.

UndertheWire
09-03-2013, 02:56 AM
You've all done a good job of convincing me that I need to see this but I'm not sure which version to buy. At Amazon UK, the BluRay (ASIN:B00AR1G3FS) is listed as 143 mins and the DVD (ASIN:B0007Z0VZC) as 175 mins. Does anyone know what's on the extra 32 mins?

GlennLover
09-03-2013, 10:20 AM
You've all done a good job of convincing me that I need to see this but I'm not sure which version to buy. At Amazon UK, the BluRay (ASIN:B00AR1G3FS) is listed as 143 mins and the DVD (ASIN:B0007Z0VZC) as 175 mins. Does anyone know what's on the extra 32 mins?

That's interesting. The only thing that I noticed that was left off the BluRay was the bonus-an audio of Seven Bridges Road (which I love). I may not have watched all of the footage of the pre concert prep or the post concert interviews on the BluRay so I can't say for sure that nothing has been cut there. However, if you have a system that gives you the full benefit of the BluRay, I would recommend it due to the higher quality. Whatever format you choose, you won't be disappointed!

Prettymaid
09-03-2013, 09:56 PM
This photo is NOT from F1. It's one that Peekaboo took in San Jose a few years ago. But since several of you are mentioning the jumping during Dirty Laundry, I thought you would appreciate this picture. It's great!

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/eagles/EaglesSanJose20106.jpg

shunlvswx
09-03-2013, 10:38 PM
This photo is NOT from F1. It's one that Peekaboo took in San Jose a few years ago. But since several of you are mentioning the jumping during Dirty Laundry, I thought you would appreciate this picture. It's great!

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/eagles/EaglesSanJose20106.jpg

Great picture. Peekaboo had great timing with this picture. Its hard to get a good moving picture of any singer or group when they are in motion. It looks like they are floating in air.

ktdids
09-04-2013, 02:39 AM
Love this picture! Joe looks totally in his element, just digging the moment, and Don looking like he's never had a better time in his life!

Tony Trout
09-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Personally, I loved the entire DVD. Someone earlier mentioned that Don's shirt button was undone and then buttoned up on one song and I think the explanation for that MIGHT be that this was filmed over two nights and edited into one single performance.

09-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Yep - The DVD was actually recorded over three different nights, which resulted in numerous inconsistencies in the final edits. We have another thread where we discussed these in more detail, which was also recently revived. To me, it's quite entertaining to read - here's the link for anyone who may be interested ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682

GlennLover
09-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Personally, I loved the entire DVD. Someone earlier mentioned that Don's shirt button was undone and then buttoned up on one song and I think the explanation for that MIGHT be that this was filmed over two nights and edited into one single performance.

That is the explanation. I thought it was actually 3 nights but I haven't been able to corroborate that. It doesn't list the dates on the DVD/BluRay booklets & covers.

ETA: I confirmed that it was Nov 14, 15 & 16, 2004.

shunlvswx
09-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I didn't know it was filmed over three day span. That does explain that. I did notice the error with his shirt and actually it would be the same song where he had one button unbutton and then two buttons unbotton. I don't think I saw him with two buttons unbottom after I Can't Tell You Why.

I have another DVD that was like that. It was filmed from a concert that happen back to back. You would know when the video was taken by how the audience reacting, if they were standing or sitting majority of the time or the confetti on the stage. Even though you would wear the same clothes(I would think they had three different costumes that looked the same because the clothes will be smelling from all the sweat. My favorite group does that too), but it can mess you up. I think its good that a DVD, they would put on there this show was taped from such and such day so the audience who buys the DVD wouldn't think, "Wait. That's not right." Or "he's got on a different shirt on the same song."

Freypower
09-04-2013, 06:43 PM
That is the explanation. I thought it was actually 3 nights but I haven't been able to corroborate that. It doesn't list the dates on the DVD/BluRay booklets & covers.

ETA: I confirmed that it was Nov 14, 15 & 16, 2004.

As most people know, I was at the November 14 show. For new people, no, I am not seen in the DVD. I was filmed, but I didn't 'look' right. Not young & blonde enough.

Given that the November 14 show was only the second time they had performed No More Cloudy Days, that was extremely special for me; one of the highlights of any Eagles show. The song tends to be overlooked these days but I love it. It was also a privilege for me to see One Day At A Time as the song was pretty much dropped afterwards.

It is hard to know which performances I saw made the final cut, but I think Take It Easy did; because I recognise Glenn's wet hair. It was a sight. :thud:

thelastresort
09-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Another one I thought of, and I think it's at the end of Lyin' Eyes, is when Glenn and Joe end up facing each other at the end of the song and Glenn strums Joe's last note for him and Joe gives him a look as if to say 'Very impressive'

shunlvswx
09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
I saw that while I was watching the DVD today. That was too cute. I don't know how I missed that while watching the DVD. I know they showed that clip during the interview clip.

thelastresort
10-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Just a quick observation from this (and the Eagles generally I suppose) - on songs when someone else is on lead does Glenn always mouth the words to himself? I'm not knocking him for it by the way, just noticed it on Boys of Summer and can't actually think of too many other musicians I've seen who do it as constantly.

shunlvswx
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I noticed that too. I know he does it on LITFL and LBG.

I know in one of the older clips from the 70s, he mouths HC. I guess he does that all the time.

I sing in my church's choir and I do that too when the choir is not singing at that moment and its on the lead person.

MaryCalifornia
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Well, you can certainly see Felder mouthing the lyrics to "his" song Victim of Love in the documentary!

Freypower
10-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Just a quick observation from this (and the Eagles generally I suppose) - on songs when someone else is on lead does Glenn always mouth the words to himself? I'm not knocking him for it by the way, just noticed it on Boys of Summer and can't actually think of too many other musicians I've seen who do it as constantly.

I wouldn't say he does it constantly. He mouths a few words when he seems to be in the mood to do so and from what I have noticed, it is during a couple of Don's songs. We should ask, has anyone noticed him do it on this tour, which is far more recent than the examples used?

Prettymaid
10-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Yes, I think he does it on this tour, although I couldn't tell you whether I saw it live in Louisville or in a video posted here. I would bet that he does it at least once during a show. It doesn't bother me at all either...it's kind of cute!

Midnight Visitor
10-04-2013, 09:21 PM
I always find it charming when Glenn mouths Don's vocals!

shunlvswx
10-04-2013, 10:08 PM
I was watching clips from the Summerfest concert and I did see Glenn mouthing the words. He did it on In the City and I think I saw him move his mouth on Those Shoes. And also LR.

thelastresort
10-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks guys. I should reiterate I wasn't having a go at him, he looks quite cool doing it, like he's in his own little world :)

shunlvswx
10-05-2013, 08:02 AM
I think its cute too. He's been doing it since the 70s and he still does it.

sodascouts
10-05-2013, 06:13 PM
I love it. It shows he's invested in all the songs, not just his leads or even Eagles songs since he also mouths during solo songs like Boys of Summer, Rocky Mountain Way, etc. on occasion. Adorable. :)

It's actually not that uncommon. I often see Lindsey Buckingham mouthing lyrics to Stevie's songs and vice versa during Fleetwood Mac's concerts. I think my favorite is when he mouths some of the lyrics to "Stand Back" (Stevie's one solo number in the set). What a hoot that is! "I need a little sympathy... stand back!"

shunlvswx
10-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I remembered Lindsey doing that on Stand Back.

Now I want to watch FM's Boston concert. Now where did I put my DVDs of that concert. lol

johnnycomelately89
04-08-2014, 01:36 AM
I didn't realize the instrumental before Tequila Sunrise was written by Glenn and was the first track on Strange Weather! i didn't know that for the longest time!

04-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Yep - And I might add, it's a beautiful piece of music, IMHO!

thelastresort
06-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Seems as good a place as any to ask.

I was listening to the studio version of HITW last night, and as such remembered the song from here: is that performance the only time Joe has ever performed a song without playing an instrument?

Freypower
06-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Seems as good a place as any to ask.

I was listening to the studio version of HITW last night, and as such remembered the song from here: is that performance the only time Joe has ever performed a song without playing an instrument?

As far as I know, yes.

thelastresort
06-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks FP, thought so. Looks a bit wrong :lol:

Watched this for the first time in ages today (skipping bits and pieces), a few more fave moments:
- When Glenn's speaking before NKIT and TBS and Joe both indicate 'one' behind him with their fingers.
- Don's 'job done' look as he finishes on Already Gone.
- ASWTDID. I slated this in the past I think but watched it again and fell in love with it. One of very few occasions I can remember everyone having such a fun on stage time during a song. They really kick off the 'loitering' label!

sodascouts
11-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Can you believe they finished filming this 10 years ago today? Time flies!

DivineDon
11-18-2014, 09:11 AM
Can the bonus feature be a favourite moment?

Don looks so gorgeous in the interview... :fainted::smitten::heart:

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Farewell%201/DonHenleyFarewellInterview.jpg

thelastresort
11-18-2014, 09:24 AM
If he got rid of the goatee he has now he genuinely wouldn't look a day older!

Midnight Visitor
11-18-2014, 11:57 AM

I so agree! I was tickled when I saw him clean shaven last.

DJ
11-19-2014, 06:28 PM

I'd certainly pursue him if he wasn't married nor I. Dream on...:rofl: