PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

sodascouts
12-24-2007, 02:32 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/holiday/lights.gifhttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/holiday/lights.gif

I know we got started on this on another thread, but I figured I'm make one especially for it, now that it's Christmas Eve.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/holiday/merrychristmaslanguages.gif

Of course, we can't have Christmas images without this:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/xmascover.jpg

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday. I wish the best for everyone here, a community of fans who I truly feel connected to in a greater way than as a fellow Eagles fan.

And a final thought...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/holiday/peaceonearth.gif

Brooke
12-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Merry Christmas from me too!

And as Tiny Tim said, "God Bless Us, Every One!" :D

DonFan
12-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Love your Christmas greetings, Soda! Nicely done!

I wish a Very Merry Christmas to all my friends here!

tbs fanatic
12-24-2007, 11:53 PM
It's 10:00 p.m. on Xmas Eve and I've finally wrapped the last present - yay! Now I can stop and wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS - I hope everyone has a relaxing one.

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2007, 03:45 AM
And I hope everyone HAD a relaxing one, surrounded by family and friends. We had a great one, Santa was very good to the little people, The church service was lovely, My dinner cooked nicely with no mishaps and everyone was in great humour. As I'm kept busy on the big day, I consider today when we visit my family to be my Christmas day :D

Mrs Frey
12-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Thank you all for your beautiful wishes. I hope you all had a fantastic day yesterday. Mine was reasonably peaceful and easy. :wink: My friend is really kind giving me this Border time today - I won't be able to log on again until later in the week.

I hope all your Christmas wishes come true, and that you have a lot to look forward to in the New Year. God bless you all! :grouphug:

Freypower
12-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Merry Christmas to everybody! Ours was very quiet and followed the usual pattern of opening presents in the morning & then my mother coming round for lunch. Then yesterday we went to her place for lunch. Hubby had to go back to work today!

glenneaglesfan
12-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Merry Christmas from me, too. That's a lovely Christmas message, Soda!

We had a very good day. After a nice church sevice in Plymouth, we opened our presents with some bubbly, while hubby cooked lunch. (I'd never get it altogether to the same standard!) After lunch, he and I went for a short ride to test his new mountain bike, then we watched telly and played a fun game called Rapidough with the boys.

Yesterday, Boxing Day, my parents, my sister and her husband, all came over for a buffet lunch, and everyone was an good form. Husband is back to work tomorrow, me on Monday.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I agree - the Christmas greeting is great! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was good, but exhausting. And, of course, the celebration continues right on up until we bring in the new year. :D

DonFan
12-28-2007, 01:12 AM
It's good to hear about everyone's holidays. I am still at my mother's house, eating lots of good food and visiting with my family. We all received many lovely gifts--I got two watches, some nice jewelry, two "Best of" CDs--The Police and Dan Fogelberg. I have listened to Auld Lang Syne several times and cried every time. Oh, I also got one of the worst gifts ever from my stepdaughter--a handbook on cleaning :shock: written by a woman billed as the "The Queen of Clean." I was quite speechless--I didn't know what to say--did she think I don't clean enough??- until she piped up and said, "I bought myself a copy of that book too. It tells you how to get stains out of everything." My daughter Rachel was stifling a laugh as she watched me try to paste a pleasant expression on my face. Rach & I love to read and I know there are thousands of books I would LOVE to receive--but a book on how to clean is NOT one of them! :?

This is the first time I have been online in three days--talk about withdrawal! Now I am going to read the other threads and catch up on all I have missed!

JoeFan
12-28-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm sorry to be so late in my wishes but I hope everyone had a happy Christmas!

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Thank you Joefan! And I hope you did too! This is the first time I've had any 'proper' border time in a week as hubby is back to work today! I had a great but busy enough Christmas. Present wise, most noticeable was a voucher for Ticketmaster from my parents ( and y'all know what I'm keeping that for :wink: ) a new CD player from my brother (the kids broke the other one recently) and an electric guitar from hubby. Plenty of chocolate also! I think they want to be able to tell me that I've put on weight when it comes to their Golden wedding celebrations in February!

Brooke
12-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh, I also got one of the worst gifts ever from my stepdaughter--a handbook on cleaning :shock: written by a woman billed as the "The Queen of Clean." I was quite speechless--I didn't know what to say--did she think I don't clean enough??- until she piped up and said, "I bought myself a copy of that book too. It tells you how to get stains out of everything." My daughter Rachel was stifling a laugh as she watched me try to paste a pleasant expression on my face. Rach & I love to read and I know there are thousands of books I would LOVE to receive--but a book on how to clean is NOT one of them! :?

:rofl: That was just too funny, DF!

Otherwise, sounds like you are having a great holiday! Enjoy!

EasyFeeling
12-31-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm glad everyone had a good time at Christmas. :D
Mine was quiet, I spent Christmas with my mom, brother, sister-in-law and their son. My sister-in-law was totally sick these days and I only hoped she wouldn't infect me but nothing happened.
The only sad thing was both have decided to separate. It doesn't not work anymore since a few years, but both were undecided what to do. My nephew is 16, shouldn't be a problem now. Now they have to arrange the terms.