PDA

View Full Version : I finally got my copy!

katherine5832
12-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Merry Christmas to me! I finally got my copy of LROOE this morning. I had asked for it for Christmas and knew that I was definitely getting it. Even though I pestered my mom every chance I got to give it to me early, I remained patient for the last month or so. I don't know how I did it, but I survived by listening to only How Long this entire time. I didn't want to hear any of the other songs (I just discovered the other day that No More Cloudy Days was on the CD - I was familiar with this one from the FT1 DVD) until I had the entire CD and could listen to it from beginning to end. I didn't read any of the postings about LROOE on this forum and tried not to read too many reviews. I'm sure I'll be going back and reading the threads now and responding to them. For now, though, I just have to say "Wow!" I'm so impressed and thrilled with this CD. I spent a lot of the time today listening to it (my family was very patient and understanding with me, although I do think they think I'm a little nuts!). So, my initial reactions after listening to it about 2 1/2 times through?

How Long - You'd think I'd be sick of this one by now, but no way! I absolutely love this song...it's so sing-along-able. One of my definite faves from the album.

Busy Being Fabulous - Simpy fabulous!

What Do I Do with My Heart - Okay, my knees literally got weak and my heart skipped a beat when Don started singing his part at the end of the song.

Waiting in the Weeds - I have no words to describe how I feel about this song. After listening to it for the 3rd time, I found myself just shaking my head...in a good way. It's just that damn good.

No More Cloudy Days - I fell in love with this one when I watched FT1 and was so happy to discover that it was included on LROOE.

Fast Company - FUNKY! How does he get his voice that high? Amazing...

Long Road Out of Eden - Don, Glenn, and Tim wrote some wonderful lyrics for this one. Haunting lyrics, beautiful music, but, boy, does it piss me off everytime I hear it (not because they wrote it, but because of the situation that led them to write it). Good for the boys for exercising their freedom of speech!

Somebody - Even though it wasn't written by Don or Glenn, it is reminiscent of Witchy Woman or One of these Nights - what did Glenn call that period in FT1? Their "Satanic, Rhythm & Blues, Country/Rock period." :twisted:

Frail Grasp on the Big Picture - How can you not like a song that uses the term "snogging" and has the lyrics "'Who left the cap off the freakin' toothpaste?'" and "And we pray to our Lord, who we know is American?"

Last Good Time in Town - I really like this one from Joe. It's a catchy little tune.

Center of the Universe - Sigh.....

It's Your World Now - Oh my God! I was crying as I listened to this one for the first time. And, I'm listening to it right now, and yep, I'm crying again. "The curtain falls - I take my bow - That's how it's meant to be - It's your world now." :cry:

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Very good initial synopsis Katherine. I know exactly how you felt listening to it. What you say about HL, WDIDWMH NMCDand IYWN strike a chord for me. I was crying the first time I listened to both WDIDWMH and and IYWN. :weep:

My 6 year old daughter likes Fast Company IDWHNM and DS best she already knows all the words since I put the album on her ipod.

Enjoy your listening

sodascouts
12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
I don't know how you were strong enough to wait until now! Impressive! I couldn't even wait until the album arrived in stores. I was listening to all those previews!

Reading your reactions brings back my first impressions, too. The boys really outdid themselves and can be quite proud of what they've done. My favorites are Waiting in the Weeds, What Do I Do with My Heart, and How Long. I can't wait to see your comments in the song threads!

glenneaglesfan
12-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Katherine, your restraint is exemplary! I'm glad you are pleased with it, and have enjoyed reading your comments.

Soda, your top three are just the same as mine! However it's a close run thing between many of the tracks, and really I love the whole album, even the ones voted off 'Song Survivor' in the early stages.

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
My top 3 in no particular order would be WDIDWMH, HL and IYWN. I agree, too that being voted off in the earlier rounds is not an indication that a song was in any way mediocre, rather an indication of just how strong all of these songs are. In that we all have our own personal favourites too. Its true! The boys have really surpassed themselves this time! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
I pretty much love the entire album start to finish. There is no way I can narrow my favorites down to a top three list - I think the best I can do is to list the ones that stand above the rest for me. So, here they are in the order that they appear on the album:

How Long
What Do I Do With My Heart
Waiting In the Weeds
Long Road Out of Eden
I Dreamed There Was No War
Somebody
I Love To Watch a Woman Dance

I know the list is Glenn-centric, but what can I say. I guess that's why he is my favorite. :wink:

Freypower
01-01-2008, 12:01 AM
I wondered how long (!) it would take for us to list our favourites. I think mine, also in order of appearance (because I still don't think I can rank the songs in order of preference yet) would be:

How Long
What Do I Do With My Heart
No More Cloudy Days
Long Road Out Of Eden
Somebody
I Love To Watch A Woman Dance
It's Your World Now

Yes, I know, WITW isn't here. I need to listen to it several times, properly. It hasn't 'grabbed' me the way it has grabbed most people, though I assure you I really like it.

Brooke
01-01-2008, 05:01 PM
WITW and Somebody hit me from the very beginning and are staying. My top 5 faves are:

Waiting in the Weeds
Somebody
Busy Being Fabulous
Center of the Universe
How Long

Honorable Mention-Long Road Out of Eden

katherine5832
01-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Now that I've had my CD for a full week now, I think I can list my favorites (at the moment). I guess I'll stick to my top five, uh, make that my top seven in no particular order (although HL and WITW are probably interchangeable as my # 1 pick):

How Long
Waiting in the Weeds
Busy Being Fabulous
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now
No More Cloudy Days
Last Good Time in Town

It is incredibly hard to pick my favorites off of this album! I love them all except for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. I just haven't been able to warm up to this one.

Just an aside...I was with my family last night and we were sitting around playing a game. I forced them to listen to the CD. I'm happy to report that my sister is sold on the new album. She was pretty apathetic about news of the new release even though she's an Eagles fan and has been to their concert and Don's concert with me. She didn't seem too impressed with How Long when I sent her the link to the video on youtube a few weeks ago. And, (horrors!), she said she didn't think Don was all that great-looking anymore. Well, I feel vindicated this morning. She told me again today that she thought it was a good CD and would even consider buying it. She still won't concede that Don is still hot at 60, but at least she agreed that he was hot at 50 in the All-star Garage Band clip that I sent her. :D

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Anyway remember, at the end of the day its how WE or you feel about them or any one of them is what matters. You think Don is goodlooking at 60, then he is (and I've seen a lot worse at 60). I think Glenn :heart: is goodlooking at 59. Then he is! You don't have to prove anything to anyone Katherine - as your own sig says!!