PDA

View Full Version : What do you do on New Year's Eve?

Brooke
12-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Just wondering what everyone has planned for the big night.

We don't usually do much other than go out to dinner and try to get home before the "challenged" get out!

tbs fanatic
12-28-2007, 02:13 PM
No big plans this year. We often get together with friends at someone's house. This started years ago when we all had small children and could never find a babysitter on NYE. We decided we would get together and bring the kids - it worked so well, years later we still do it even though most of the kids are now teens. However, this year the families have decided to 'do their own thing' for a change of pace.

Freypower
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
We'll be 'stayin' at home, stayin' at home' :wink:

I used to watch the midnight fireworks on TV but I've become bored with them - same stuff every year, a new display on the Harbour Bridge - and as we already know this year they are using an hourglass what's the point?!

timfan
12-29-2007, 06:00 PM
On New Years Eve my father and I, volunteer at the phsyciatric home I have been volunteering at for the last few years. It's become tradition we go and put on a party; my dad makes chicken wings and we order in pizza. It's loads of fun!! :)

What makes it especially special is because it's late at night the regular staff are not there so my dad and I basically run the show! I'm honoured that they trust us to do that. 8)

Glennsallnighter
12-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Thats an extremely nice thing to do on NYE TF! I hope it goes as well as always this year. It sounds like a lot of fun too!

We don't tend to do anything spectacular for NYE. We never really saw the need to queue in the freezing cold for about 2 hours, and pay double the rate for half the amount of space in some crammed night club. Then queue again for a taxi home :roll: In the last 6 years the 'Babysitter' thing has also been an issue, and hubby can quite often be working NYE. Given the option I'd prefer him to have Christmas off rather than New Year. We usually just open (another) box of sweets and watch whatever the local TV has provided. If its fine there may be fireworks.

However if I could be 'beamed' to any location on this earth to celebrate NYE there's no question where I'd go though.......The Waterfront in Cape Town, to see MF's band at their 5 hr gig. :D

sodascouts
12-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I've got a friend coming in from out of town and we're going to hang out, have a few drinks, and watch the ball drop. Nothing too spectacular but it should be fun.

DonFan
12-30-2007, 11:10 PM
We go to a neighborhood party at our good friends David & Lisa's house. Lisa is one of my concert buddies who saw Elton John and then Sting & The Police with me this year. They always make homemade spiked eggnog, and then we have margaritas and champagne and dance until midnight. Fortunately they only live about 4 blocks away so getting home is never a problem! :cheers:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-31-2007, 01:11 AM
I will be leaving in the morning to drive to Pennsylvania to join my SO and his family for our New Year's Eve celebration. We go over to his sister's house to celebrate. Her husband is the DD in charge of driving anyone home, if necessary. We will head back home on New Year's Day and probably stop at one of our favorite Italian restaurant's for dinner. Then, it's back to work for me on Wednesday! :cry:

Hope all of you have a Funky New Year!

:band:

EasyFeeling
12-31-2007, 07:54 AM
I planned nothing special. I will celebrate New Year's Eve with some friends and maybe we go to a music bar after midnight. We already did that two times and I came home at 6 in the morning so you can guess we had a good time. :wink:
During the day I'm watching concerts in TV, as every year. :wink:

I wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

glenneaglesfan
12-31-2007, 12:13 PM
We normally stay in, but this year we've been invited over to some friends, and they've asked us to stay the night so that we don't have to drive. Tomorrow we are meeting some other friends for lunch, then hopefully a walk on the cliffs. We tried to do this last year, but there was a huge thunderstorm and we turned back. Later we learned, sadly, that someone had been hit by lightning, about a mile from where we were. The boys are doing their own thing, probably involving a few beers. :wink:

rcknalwys
12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Haven't made any solid plans yet, but regardless of what else we do, at midnight, my kids and I will be on the phone with each other singing TITTL together. This is something we have done for about 10 years now so it's a family tradition no matter where we are. This year my family is split between Texas, Illinois and Tennessee. Got to love the cell phone!

Hope everyone has a wonderful NYE and that 2008 is the best, full of lots and lots of Eagles! Be safe y'all.

Brooke
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
And now for my 1500th post!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/thnew_year_glitter_graphics_05.gif

Have fun everyone and be safe! See ya next year! :cheers:

DonFan
12-31-2007, 03:54 PM
That is a monumental 1500th post, Brooke!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/thnew_year_glitter_graphics_05.gif

Happy New Year to all of you, too!

tbs fanatic
12-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Okay, it is the afternoon of NYE and we don't have any great plans but now I'm wishing we did :roll: I feel like having a crazy night but think it's a bit late to drum some idea up - Aaaaah! This is the story of my life, I swear, I always change my mind just when it's too late. Oh well, I hope you all have fun. I will have fun reading about your exploits tomorrow.

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Congratulations Brookw on reaching so many posts

Everyone enjoy your New Year wherever you are :D

Had a text from MF a short while ago! The 5-hr gig is going well :)

thelongrun
01-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Same every Year: Fight with my Wife about where we are going to spend most of the time and the 0 hour, if with my Mom or her Dad's place 8)

My best for you e-Friends, Happy New Year may this be full of blessings for you all 8)