PDA

View Full Version : Timothy B. Schmit Song Survivor: Leap of Faith

sodascouts
01-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Time for Leap of Faith Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7%20%5B/)

I'm going to list the songs of Leap of Faith here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you want kicked off, not the one you want to stay.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

While these games can get heated, remember it's all in good fun. You can debate the merits of a song, but don't badger people who don't vote the same way you do. The administrator and moderators reserve the right to take action if they determine that someone is behaving disruptively, nastily, or otherwise inappropriately.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

Note: In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

So now – let’s have some fun and enjoy the game.

GAME OVER!

The winner is:

I Refuse

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10
It's Alright 2/12
This Waltz 2/14
What I Should Do 2/16
Red Dirt Road 2/18
My Hat 2/20
All Those Faces 2/22

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

TW
01-31-2017, 09:21 PM
I vote for Pearl on the String

sodascouts
01-31-2017, 09:42 PM
Really? That's one of my favorites! It's familiar, yet surprising.

On the other hand, one that's not really my style...

I cast my vote for Slow Down.

That xylophone... nope. Not for me.

TW
01-31-2017, 10:00 PM
I dont know everytime I listen to it it just seems like background music, a filler. I feel no connection with it whatsoever.
Slow down is one of my favorites! I guess everyone has their own taste, as they say variety is the spice of life right? :D

Gemini
01-31-2017, 10:19 PM
This is gonna get tough for me real quick, but this one is pretty easy...my vote this round is for Goodbye, My Love.

Freypower
01-31-2017, 10:22 PM
Already some interesting votes.

I will be playing this game although I still don't know the album very well, and I have to say I don't think it's nearly as good as Expando. I find most of it too slow or too country sounding.

ETA: Having said that I do like the album a lot, and have some particular favourite tracks.

I vote for The Island which I find far too slow & far too Beach Boys like.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-31-2017, 10:35 PM
Well - I just posted in another thread that Expando is still my favorite of Tim's solo albums and the setlists in his solo shows are still dominated by that album, which tells me it must be Tim's favorite as well. However, I do like Leap of Faith and I think it has some strong songs on it. There are only about three or four songs that I am not very fond of and I agree with Freypower that The Island is the weakest of all. However, I'm going to wait and see how this round plays out before I vote.

Delilah
02-01-2017, 12:59 AM
I vote for It's Alright.

There are nice vocals by Timothy here but the song itself is just "alright."

UndertheWire
02-01-2017, 04:01 AM
The Island and Slowdown are two of my favourites. The one I find slightly irritating is Pearl on a String and that's my vote.

Annoying Twit
02-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Goodbye My Love

Nothing wrong with the song, just less my style than the other songs on the album.

L101
02-01-2017, 03:58 PM
There are no songs that I really hate on this album which rarely happens with me :grin:

Saying that, I'm voting for Pearl On A String - even though it's one of the shorter songs on the album, I feel it goes on a bit too long and there are other songs that I like better.

Brooke
02-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Well, I haven't changed my mind about The Island since I first heard it. The xylophone is a no no for me here. It's also so slow and like Fp said, very Beach Boysie. Just doesn't do it for me at all.

My first vote is for The Island.

sodascouts
02-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Just to say a couple of words on behalf of "Pearl on the String"...

Some things I like about it:

It has a clever image for the title
That title line is very catchy - it sticks in your head
It starts off sounding plain but picks up speed and takes some creative turns
It has some interesting lyrics

I see one that's also getting some votes is "The Island." I agree with that one going and in fact, I thought about voting for it. Unlike "Pearl on the String," it's not very different; it's rather derivative. Also, as I said with "Slow Down," I'm not a big fan of the xylophone either!

TW
02-01-2017, 11:10 PM
I am also on board with all of you "anti-islanders", when I first listened to the album it was my least favorite song by far. It has grown on me since then however, it is definitely not one of my favorites. It is most likely next on the chopping block for me.

MaryCalifornia
02-02-2017, 02:01 AM
I cast my vote for Slow Down

There are some long songs on this album!

RudieCantFail
02-02-2017, 03:36 AM
The Island - A little too weird/odd for me from Timothy.

zeldabjr
02-02-2017, 06:02 PM
I vote for The Island

shunlvswx
02-02-2017, 07:25 PM
I'm voting for The Island.

02-02-2017, 09:03 PM
It looks like my first choice, The Island, is going down, so I will vote strategically for my second least favorite ...

I cast my vote for It's Alright.

02-02-2017, 09:07 PM
The first song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is The Island. “The Island”, we know you feel fine and you don’t want to leave when it's so crystal clear. One look in your eyes and we can see that you should stay right here. But the tribe has spoken and we don’t have to tell you why you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
The Island – 5
Pearl on the String – 3
Goodbye, My Love – 2
Slow Down – 2
It's Alright – 2

Vote Breakdown
The Island – Freypower
The Island – Brooke
The Island – RudieCantFail
The Island – zeldabjr
The Island – shunlvswx
Pearl on the String – timothyswife
Pearl on the String – UndertheWire
Pearl on the String – L101
Goodbye, My Love – Gemini
Goodbye, My Love – Annoying Twit
Slow Down – sodascouts
Slow Down – MaryCalifornia
It's Alright – Delilah
It's Alright – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02

Songs in Play:
My Hat
Slow Down
All Those Faces
I Refuse
What I Should Do
Goodbye, My Love
You're So Wild
It's Alright
Red Dirt Road
Pearl on the String
This Waltz

Voting for Round Two begins now.

Freypower
02-02-2017, 09:53 PM
I am happy to go with Slow Down which had a couple of votes the previous round. I like Pearl On The String & Goodbye, My Love.

sodascouts
02-02-2017, 10:34 PM
I cast my vote for Slow Down

There are some long songs on this album!

True... I keep thinking, "Is this song over yet?" lol

I cast my vote again for Slow Down.

TW
02-02-2017, 11:01 PM
I will have to vote for Pearl on the String again. Just seems bland, I don't hate it but it doesn't do much for me. :shrug:

Annoying Twit
02-03-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm going to vote (again) for:

Goodbye My Love

L101
02-03-2017, 01:30 PM
The Island was my second choice to go so I'll stick with Pearl On The String for this round again.

MaryCalifornia
02-03-2017, 06:58 PM
I'll go again with Slow Down

Delilah
02-03-2017, 11:11 PM
I can't say I'm disappointed to see "The Island" leave the island since it's one of my least favorites. But I am a little surprised it's the first to go. Musically the song is more imaginative than "Slow Down" or "It's Alright", imho.

Anyway, my vote goes again to It's Alright, which I find fairly pedestrian.

zeldabjr
02-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Goodbye My Love

Brooke
02-04-2017, 06:01 PM
I'll go with Slow Down this time. That xylophone again!

Gemini
02-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Goodbye, My Love

lovethemusic
02-04-2017, 08:39 PM
not sure if the voting is done for the first round (I think it is?) but my first elimination would have been "The Island"
Second: It's alright

LOVE LOVE Slow down.... I was fortunate enough to see TBS twice in So. Cal (saw him last Sunday before he left for London and on Jan 8th) and was hoping that he'd do Slow down but it's not on his set list.

Wonder if he might add it if it ends near the top of this list??

02-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the game, ltm - I am unclear if you are trying to cast a vote or not by your post. If you intended to vote, if you can make another post before 8:00 p.m. EST stating what you want to vote for, I will count it.

As far as myself, I like Pearl on the String and Goodbye, My Love even though the music is very country in the latter. My least favorite of the remaining songs is It's Alright, then Slow Down after that. Since this round is close, I'm going for the safe vote ...

02-04-2017, 09:09 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is Slow Down. “Slow Down”, the tribe has spoken and your prime time didn’t last too long. Your only pace was to win the race and now you are left with the bitter without sweetness. We hope you won’t despair because you didn’t seize the moment, but you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
Slow Down – 5
Goodbye, My Love – 3
Pearl on the String – 2
It's Alright – 1

Vote Breakdown
Slow Down – Freypower
Slow Down – sodascouts
Slow Down – MaryCalifornia
Slow Down – Brooke
Slow Down – Ive always been a dreamer
Goodbye, My Love – zeldabjr
It's Alright – Delilah

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse
What I Should Do
Goodbye, My Love
You're So Wild
It's Alright
Red Dirt Road
Pearl on the String
This Waltz

Voting for Round Three begins now.

Freypower
02-04-2017, 09:14 PM
OK, well I won't vote for either POTS or GML, the latter of which I really like. I vote for What I Should Do which doesn't grab me.

TW
02-04-2017, 09:39 PM
I will miss Slow Down, it was in my top 3! I will vote for Pearl on the String again.

RudieCantFail
02-05-2017, 03:30 AM
I will miss Slow Down as well. I didn't get to vote in the 2nd round because I like to take a re-listen to the album as songs get eliminated. I would have voted for You're So Wild in the last round, so You're So Wild is my vote for this round.

I'm glad that my vote still wouldn't have mattered in saving Slow Down. I liked the reggae influences on that one, but I don't really like them in You're So Wild.

UndertheWire
02-05-2017, 05:07 AM
I missed round 2, though I doubt my vote would have made a difference. I'm always surprised by these survivor games because I naturally assume everyone thinks like me until proven otherwise.

I like The Island because of the mood it creates. On a busy, stressed day it can take me to a sandy beach, crystal water and a gentle breeze. Similarly, Slow Down is a reminder to appreciate what I have now - and I like the reggae beat.

Once again, my vote is for Pearl on the String. I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics so I don't know what it is about but my objection is the music. I'm struggling to remember it but I know that it irritates me slightly each time I hear it. Too simple, too repetitive and too like the others on the album.

02-05-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm always surprised by these survivor games because I naturally assume everyone thinks like me until proven otherwise.

lol I know exactly what you mean, UTW. When I saw that FP voted for What I Should Do this round, I let out a gasp cause it's near or at the top of my list. But, that's the way we roll around here.

Goodbye, My Love is another song that is getting votes that is pretty high on my list. I especially like the chorus in the song.

As far as Pearl on the String, it has grown on me mainly because of the lyrics and melody. I agree the music is repetitive though and that puts it in the middle of my list. I do like it better than the two songs that have already fallen, as well as, It's Alright and You're So Wild.

L101
02-05-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm gong to stick with Pearl On The String for this round :grin:

sodascouts
02-05-2017, 04:23 PM
I cast my vote for You're So Wild.

It seems like the verse and chorus are from two different songs. They don't merge well. Plus, I don't think the chorus is sung with enough verve. It's like he's just making an observation rather than really feelin' it. JMHO, obviously!

Annoying Twit
02-05-2017, 07:42 PM
I vote: Goodbye, My Love again.

I wonder how long it will take before it finally goes :)

Delilah
02-06-2017, 12:25 AM
As far as myself, I like Pearl on the String and Goodbye, My Love even though the music is very country in the latter. My least favorite of the remaining songs is It's Alright, then Slow Down after that. Since this round is close, I'm going for the safe vote ...

Same here, IABAD; the country vibe of Goodbye, My Love is what I like about it. And Timothy sounds so resolute in it, like a typical wanderlust-driven cowboy. I like that he pays homage to his country rock/folk roots. And Pearl on a String has a nice, breezy yet jaunty feel about it. It reminds me a little of "Never Going Back Again" by FM. Anyway, I think I'll hold off on voting for now.

Delilah
02-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Well, since You're So Wild is getting votes, I'll vote for it as well.

I find it uneven and meandering. A lot of Poco material is like this, I have noticed. The lyrics appear to be addressing his kid(s) but the title seems to describe the music.:dizzy: The vocal chorus itself is good.

Brooke
02-06-2017, 05:11 PM
I'll have to go with You're So Wild this time.

I agree it sounds like two different songs.

I really like Pearl on the String and Goodbye, My Love and am sorry they are getting votes already.

zeldabjr
02-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Goodbye My Love

shunlvswx
02-06-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm voting for You're So Wild.

Gemini
02-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Goodbye, My Love

02-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Well I would vote to eliminate You’re So Wild if it needed my vote, but since it looks like it will go down, I’ll vote for my least favorite remaining song …

I cast my vote for It’s Alright.

02-06-2017, 09:07 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is You’re So Wild. “You’re So Wild”, the tribe has spoken and we decided your next move. We wonder how you could be so bold as to ever think that you might have one ounce of control. It's crazy this hope that we might find another way just for your peace of mind, so please leave the island immediately.

Votes
You’re So Wild – 5
Pearl on the String – 3
Goodbye, My Love – 3
What I Should Do – 1
It's Alright – 1

Vote Breakdown
You’re So Wild – RudieCantFail
You’re So Wild – sodascouts
You’re So Wild – Delilah
You’re So Wild – Brooke
You’re So Wild – shunlvswx
What I Should Do – Freypower
It's Alright – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse
What I Should Do
Goodbye, My Love
It's Alright
Red Dirt Road
Pearl on the String
This Waltz

Voting for Round Four begins now.

Freypower
02-06-2017, 09:25 PM
That's a shame. I thought YSW was one of the more musically interesting songs although I'm not so sure about the lyrics. I will stick with What I Should Do.

Annoying Twit
02-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Again, I stick with Goodbye, My Love

sodascouts
02-07-2017, 09:12 PM
I know "What I Should Do" has its flaws, but I really relate to a lot of the lyrics.

I vote for "Goodbye, My Love."

It's not a bad song and I think the chorus is catchy. However, it's not a standout track, either... a little too old-school country for my tastes, although I understand why others might like it.

RudieCantFail
02-07-2017, 11:16 PM
I don't feel strongly about this vote, but I'm voting for My Hat. I don't know. It just doesn't gel with me out of the songs that are left. I think "It's Alright" and "Pearl on a String" are decent. I thought maybe as an opening track, "My Hat," just didn't draw me in out of what's left to vote for. I don't care if it gets eliminated or not. It's just fun to see what other people think in this game of Song Survivor.

L101
02-08-2017, 02:13 PM
It was a toss up between Pearl On The String or Goodbye My Love for me this round and I think I'll vote for Goodbye My Love - Even though it does sound very old school country, I just don't like Timothy's voice on the song.
It's not a bad song but I can't really listen to it :shrug:

zeldabjr
02-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Goodbye My Love

UndertheWire
02-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Pearl on the String.

Delilah
02-08-2017, 03:54 PM
I guess there's not much love for Goodbye, My Love. That's too bad, I really like it. The guitar, the pedal steel, the vocal harmony (it sounds like he sings his own backing vocal), the autobiographical lyrics ("I've been doing this awhile, ever since I don't know when") are all good here. The song is more cohesive than some of the others, imo.

Oh well, I vote for It's Alright, again.

MaryCalifornia
02-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Dang, I step away for a second and miss two rounds!

I vote for Its Alright

I like Goodbye My Love, I like the steel guitar and when he signs about leaving. He's been doing it for who knows how long and he does it for them.

TW
02-08-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm gonna vote for It's Alright this round. I dislike Pearl on the String more but with a few more votes It's Alright might be able to get the boot and I'm not the biggest fan of it.

Gemini
02-08-2017, 08:43 PM
My vote is for Goodbye, My Love. I appreciate folks sharing some of what they like about the song. I think what gets me about it is I feel like the country accent is overdone to the point of distraction. And I'm a country music fan. I'm going to give it another listen with your comments in mind though.

02-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Well - I'm sorry to see Goodbye, My Love go down so soon, but doesn't seem like there's any way to save it. One of the things I like about it is that it is very melodic. Anyway, I'm going again for my least favorite ...

02-08-2017, 09:07 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is Goodbye, My Love. “Goodbye. My Love”, the tribe has spoken and all we have to say is bye-bye, adiós, farewell, so long. It must be hard for you to turn around and wave, but you can’t stay. So, move on down the road and please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Goodbye, My Love – 5
It's Alright – 4
Pearl on the String – 1
What I Should Do – 1
My Hat – 1

Vote Breakdown
Goodbye, My Love – sodascouts
Goodbye, My Love – L101
It’s Alright – Delilah
It’s Alright – MaryCalifornia
It’s Alright – timothyswife
It’s Alright – Ive always been a dreamer
My Hat – RudieCantFail

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse
What I Should Do
It's Alright
Red Dirt Road
Pearl on the String
This Waltz

Voting for Round Five begins now.

Freypower
02-08-2017, 10:15 PM
This game after the first two rounds has left me behind. Goodbye, My Love was in my top two. And I would have thought most TBS fans would see It's Alright as one of his classic ballads.

Oh well. What I Should Do again.

Gemini
02-08-2017, 10:25 PM
I'm surprised by the reaction to It's Alright for the same reason, FP.

sodascouts
02-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I like "It's Alright" as well. It has some really lovely lyrics such as "When your fingers brush my face [...] I'm the canvas that you paint." I love that.

We're at the point where I pretty much like all the other songs to varying degrees, so it gets challenging.

I think I'll wait and see what others are thinking!

02-08-2017, 11:01 PM
I like the lyrics to It's Alright too, but I'm just not that crazy about the music and melody. On the other hand, I think What I Should Do is terrific. I just love the background vocals.

RudieCantFail
02-09-2017, 07:24 PM
My Hat - I'm just going to stick to my guns.

sodascouts
02-09-2017, 07:42 PM
I've narrowed it down to either "All Those Faces" or "I Refuse." Learning towards the latter.

The thing about "All Those Faces" is that I feel like I've heard the melody of the verses before. Has anyone else noticed that the verses sound very similar to an older song of Tim's, or am I just experiencing deja vu?

TW
02-09-2017, 07:58 PM
"All Those Faces" and "I Refuse" are tied for the top spot on my list! If the final were to come down to those two I'm not sure which I would choose.

I feel like a few of his songs sound quite similar actually.

Annoying Twit
02-10-2017, 04:11 AM
Ah, I have to choose a new song.

I choose Pearl On The String. It's a nice song, but all the other remaining songs have something that, for me, raises them to a slightly higher level. I do like the middle 8 of Pearl On The String. But, all the other songs have something that I really like too. It was close with This Waltz, but I've decided to keep the 3/4 song in :)

It's a very consistent album, so it's difficult to make choices.

UndertheWire
02-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Maybe I should be relieved that the game is so easy for me. I like almost all of the songs but there's one that irritates me and I've voted for it every time. Please join me in my vote so I can start thinking of the other songs.

I vote of Pearl on the String.

TW
02-10-2017, 09:40 AM
I will gladly join you in voting for Pearl on the String I've wanted it gone since the beginning.

Annoying Twit
02-10-2017, 12:02 PM
It looks as if there is an interesting battle coming up.

Delilah
02-10-2017, 01:42 PM
I don't think it's much of a battle with Pearl already getting a few votes and the others split among different songs. FWIW, I like Pearl On The String.

I vote for It's Alright.

L101
02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
I'll go back to voting Pearl On The String - maybe it might go this round :-)

Brooke
02-10-2017, 04:40 PM
I'm so sad that Goodbye, My Love is gone as it was in the top of my list and I forgot to vote yesterday! :doh:

I guess I will move on and vote for It's Allright. It's just kind of meh for me.

zeldabjr
02-10-2017, 05:40 PM
I vote for It's Alright

sodascouts
02-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be happy with the result, but I'll go ahead and step out:

I cast my vote for I Refuse.

02-10-2017, 08:51 PM
I'm going to vote for my least favorite and hope someone else comes along with a late vote to eliminate it ...

02-10-2017, 09:08 PM
In a tied round, the next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is Pearl on the String. “Pearl on the String”, if everything had gone right, you’d be flying like a kite. But, the tribe has spoken and our total lack of insight wouldn’t let you spread your wings. Maybe it really don’t matter in the scheme of things cause the world still keeps on turning, but you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
Pearl on the String – 4
It's Alright – 4
What I Should Do – 1
My Hat – 1
I Refuse – 1

Previous Votes
Pearl on the String – 9
It's Alright – 8

Vote Breakdown
Pearl on the String – Annoying Twit
It’s Alright – Delilah
It’s Alright – Brooke
It’s Alright – zeldabjr
My Hat – RudieCantFail
I Refuse – sodascouts

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse
What I Should Do
It's Alright
Red Dirt Road
This Waltz

Voting for Round Six begins now.

Annoying Twit
02-10-2017, 09:56 PM
I vote for This Waltz. Nothing wrong with the song; I just prefer the other songs.

This is the first vote so far for This Waltz isn't it? I don't actually expect it to go; I'm voting solely according to my own preferences.

zeldabjr
02-10-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry to see Pearl on a String go...I love it...:nope:

Freypower
02-10-2017, 11:30 PM
I am tempted to join AT & go for This Waltz, as my efforts to remove What I Should Do have been fruitless. There is nothing wrong with WISD per se; I just don't like the harmonies much. I am sticking with it. What I Should Do again.

As for I Refuse, I think it's the best track on the album.

sodascouts
02-10-2017, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry to see Pearl on a String go...I love it...:nope:

Same here!

As for "This Waltz," I am really torn about it. I believe the chorus is the most powerful piece of music on the entire album. In the right mood, I even got a bit choked up to it. The melody is beautifully done and the lyrics are sung with such emotion. It's amazing.

But... it takes so long to get there. I think we don't hear the chorus until more than three minutes in, and the verses aren't nearly on the same level. The tricky thing about solo work (I imagine) is it's hard to edit yourself down - and I think that's probably what happened here.

Still, that chorus... I can't vote for something that moved me that much! I want it to stay!

So... I guess I'll wait and see if I need to vote to save "This Waltz." If I had been more strategic, "Pearl on the String" would've still been here! Shame on me!

sodascouts
02-12-2017, 02:16 AM
Well, since no one else has voted yet, I guess I'll throw in with FP to save "This Waltz".

I cast my vote for What I Should Do.

I like its lyrics, but its melody isn't as strong as some of the others.

RudieCantFail
02-12-2017, 05:23 AM
Okay, I'm a little sorry for voting for "My Hat" in the last two rounds. It's pretty rich sounding, and I didn't notice it before. I was using earbuds in the last week, but with headphones, the song is better. My vote goes for It's Alright.

Annoying Twit
02-12-2017, 06:25 AM
Given past voting history, I would have thought that It's Alright would be odds on to go next. Time will tell.

TW
02-12-2017, 12:44 PM
I will vote for It's Alright

02-12-2017, 03:25 PM
As I already said, What I Should Do is among the top songs on my list. The bluesy vibe makes it stand out from the more country-flavored tunes that dominate the album.

As far as It's Alright, it's definitely time for it to go IMO. Although it does have lovely lyrics, that's about all it has going for it to me. I think This Waltz has a much sexier vibe to it because the music and melody complement the lyrics rather than detract from them. So, hopefully, others will join me here ...

One more thing, I'm going out to dinner tonight so the results of this round may be a little late. Either Soda or I will post them first chance we get.

zeldabjr
02-12-2017, 05:22 PM
I vote for It's Alright

L101
02-12-2017, 05:31 PM
I vote for It's Alright - It's an ok song but a bit dull.

Delilah
02-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Almost let this slip away. I vote for It's Alright.

Gemini
02-12-2017, 08:52 PM
It doesn't look like my vote can save It's Alright. I'm voting for What I Should Do. I like it but there are others I like more, so maybe voting for it now will help save another song later. I'm a little surprised Red Dirt Road hasn't gotten a vote yet. I like it and understand it being the first focus track but I don't love it as much as some of the other songs that are left.

02-12-2017, 09:36 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is It’s Alright. “It’s Alright”, the tribe has spoken and trouble wasn’t so far away. This game wasn’t made for you to seek your fortune and fame. Outside the rain is pouring down, but you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
It's Alright – 6
What I Should Do – 3
This Waltz – 1

Vote Breakdown
It’s Alright – RudieCantFail
It’s Alright – timothyswife
It’s Alright – zeldabjr
It’s Alright – L101
It’s Alright – Delilah
What I Should Do – sodascouts
What I Should Do – Gemini
This Waltz – Annoying Twit

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10
It's Alright 2/12

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse
What I Should Do
Red Dirt Road
This Waltz

Voting for Round Seven begins now.

TW
02-12-2017, 09:56 PM
I'm voting for This Waltz the only part of this song that I enjoy is the chorus, if it wasn't for that I would have voted for it sooner.

Freypower
02-12-2017, 10:27 PM
What I Should Do....

02-12-2017, 11:02 PM
I've been meaning to post about this since last week, but I kept forgetting. Just as an FYI, the board clock is off by about 7 minutes. Soda is investigating how to correct it, but as of now we are taking this into account as far as votes registering by the deadline for each round.

As far as this round, I'm in hopes that What I Should Do does not go down this soon. I can't call for a coalition to save it because I have no idea which songs our players would be inclined to vote for. But, if I could I might suggest folks who want to save it consider voting for All Those Faces or Red Dirt Road.

zeldabjr
02-12-2017, 11:31 PM
I love What I Should Do...so I'm taking your advice Dreamer...I vote for Red Dirt Road

Gemini
02-13-2017, 12:15 AM
Red Dirt Road
I hope this helps save This Waltz for another round too.

RudieCantFail
02-13-2017, 02:15 AM
Red Dirt Road

Annoying Twit
02-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Well, I vote according to my personal taste. I vote for This Waltz again.

UndertheWire
02-13-2017, 09:45 AM
I missed a round, so I'd better get in quick with This Waltz.

L101
02-13-2017, 09:51 AM
I vote for This Waltz

Delilah
02-13-2017, 01:51 PM
I like What I Should Do but I don't want to see Red Dirt Road go just yet. I would prefer to vote out All Those Faces.

I agree with what others say about the chorus of This Waltz, which is lovely and has very nice vocals by Timothy. However the chorus doesn't even show up until the song is almost half over. The second time around, horns start blaring at the end and kind of ruin it for me. I wish he would have just stuck to the harmonica as a nice subtle touch.

Given that This Waltz would have been my next choice after All Those Faces and that Red Dirt Road is getting votes, I vote for This Waltz.

Brooke
02-13-2017, 02:18 PM
I vote for What I Should Do. It's nice enough, but I like the rest so much better.

And votes for Red Dirt Road? I love it and it's in my top three. :sad:

Annoying Twit
02-13-2017, 02:22 PM
I do like Red Dirt Road. But, the album is very consistent so I think it's much more likely that there will be a greater variation in voting than in, say, The Long Run.

I do also like having Song Survivor games on more obscure albums. At least, obscure compared to the main Eagles releases. I hope we get more solo album song survivor games in the future.

sodascouts
02-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Wow - I thought for sure Red Dirt Road wouldn't get votes this early! I think it's great!

Well, I can't vote for Last Waltz either...

Guess I'll throw away my vote on a third party candidate. ;)

I cast my vote for What I Should Do.

02-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Well - Sadly, it looks like This Waltz is going down so I guess I'll vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for All Those Faces.

02-14-2017, 09:07 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is This Waltz. “This Waltz”, the tribe has spoken and you just got a large dose of what’ real. You must be feeling blue and way too sad. Sometimes it’s hard, but try to keep your chin up real high as you waltz off the island.

Votes
This Waltz – 5
What I Should Do – 3
Red Dirt Road – 3
All Those Faces – 1

Vote Breakdown
This Waltz – timothyswife
This Waltz – Annoying Twit
This Waltz – UndertheWire
This Waltz – L101
This Waltz – Delilah
What I Should Do – Brooke
What I Should Do – sodascouts
Red Dirt Road – zeldabjr
Red Dirt Road – Gemini
Red Dirt Road – RudieCantFail
All Those Faces – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10
It's Alright 2/12
This Waltz 2/14

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse
What I Should Do
Red Dirt Road

Voting for Round Eight begins now.

Freypower
02-14-2017, 10:08 PM
What I Should Do again

RudieCantFail
02-14-2017, 10:27 PM
This round and the last rounds were tough votes. I like "What I Should Do" because it reminds me of the style of songs from Glenn's solo work. I guess I'll just stick to my previous vote --> Red Dirt Road

02-14-2017, 10:42 PM
Well - Sorry FP, but I'm going to do my best to try to make sure you keep voting for What I Should Do. :wink:

Based on the last round, it looks like there may be a fair amount of support for voting for Red Dirt Road so for those who want to save What I Should Do, let's see if we can get a coalition together to vote for Red Dirt Road. If that doesn't work out, I'll join in to vote for any song necessary to save WISD.

Gemini
02-14-2017, 10:55 PM
I'll vote for Red Dirt Road, too.

UndertheWire
02-15-2017, 07:30 AM
It's time for a new apprach. I've voted for the ones I like least, so far. Unfortunately that means the ones I like most have already gone. So what's left?

My Hat - I love the lyrics. Timothy admitting to being grumpy and behaving badly on occasion. I can't remember the tune, so I'd better listen again.

All Those Faces - this is the one with the "Leap of Faith" line. I have a problem that few of the songs on this album get lodged in my brain so I'm going to have to listen again.

I Refuse - I like this. This is Timothy explaining that he doesn't get into other people's fights. One of my favourites of those remaining.

What I Should Do - now this is one that I can hear without playing the track. It's catchy and I like the sentiments. We're really getting the TBS philisophy on this album.

Red Dirt Road - the focus track. I prefer it without the accordian. I like it but it doesn't wow me.

So two to fight for and three that require further listening. I'm prepared to enter into a coalition to save What I Should Do.

ETA: after another listen, I might be prepared to sacrifice My Hat for Red Dirt Road.

TW
02-15-2017, 10:14 AM
At this point I love all of the songs remaining so I'm going to have to go with the one that I enjoy least, What I Should Do

Annoying Twit
02-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Tricky. I really like all the remaining songs. And the rest of the album really.

Having revised all the songs (it's that close), I've decided to vote for What Should I Do. I really like the rhythm and the electric piano, but I have to vote for something.

Delilah
02-15-2017, 12:05 PM
I like R&B vibe of What I Should Do and at 5:27 minutes, it's not offensively long.

I guess I can understand why Red Dirt Road is getting votes; for some it may be too "country." But it's one of my favorites and Timothy chose to premiere it on his website out of all the other songs; I bet he's proud of it.

I think I'll have a re-listen to All Those Faces and My Hat. I've kind of forgotten how My Hat sounds. I did write down some brief notes earlier, and I rated All Those Faces a 2+ (losing points b/c it's >7:00 minutes long!) and gave My Hat a 3+. So I'm not voting yet, still deciding.

02-15-2017, 07:45 PM
One thing I'll mention to those who want to form a coalition - we can't afford to split our votes. So if you want to ...

Save What I Should Do!!!

VOTE FOR RED DIRT ROAD!!!

UndertheWire
02-15-2017, 08:09 PM
If you insist. I vote for Red Dirt Road.

Brooke
02-16-2017, 11:09 AM
Of the songs left, What I Should Do is my least favorite, so I vote for it.

ETA: I love Red Dirt Road! No way am I voting for it yet!

L101
02-16-2017, 05:24 PM
This was a hard choice for me as I like both songs but after listening to each song a few more times, I think I like Red Dirt Road a bit more as the music is kinda Cajun sounding and I love Cajun music so I'm voting for What I Should Do for this round. The song is great and reminds me of Timothy when he is playing with the Eagles.....

I'm listening to Leap Of Faith on Spotify and I noticed that the number of plays for WISD is 7,443 plays and RDR is 56,947 plays so I guess people like RDR :grin:

02-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Well - It look like the coalition isn't going to work and my personal favorite from the album is going down. I go ahead and stick with Red Dirt Road.

I cast my vote for Red Dirt Road.

zeldabjr
02-16-2017, 09:07 PM
Red Dirt Road

02-16-2017, 09:11 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is What I Should Do. “What I Should Do”, the tribe has spoken and we hope you don’t get crazy and feel blue. Remember, happiness is not an absolute and you need to find what works for you. So don't hang around wasting precious time – get yourself up off the ground and leave the island immediately.

Votes
What I Should Do – 5
Red Dirt Road – 4

Vote Breakdown
What I Should Do – timothyswife
What I Should Do – Annoying Twit
What I Should Do – Brooke
What I Should Do – L101
Red Dirt Road – Gemini
Red Dirt Road – UndertheWire
Red Dirt Road – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10
It's Alright 2/12
This Waltz 2/14
What I Should Do 2/16

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse
Red Dirt Road

Voting for Round Nine begins now.

02-16-2017, 09:50 PM
Z - I'm sorry but I can't count your vote from the last round because the board clock is off by 7 minutes. Since the time on your post is 8:07 that means that the actual time your vote registered was at 8:00. If it's any consolation, it wouldn't have changed the final result because the round would have ended in a tie. And because of the tiebreaker rule, WISD would still have been eliminated.

zeldabjr
02-16-2017, 11:25 PM
Z - I'm sorry but I can't count your vote from the last round because the board clock is off by 7 minutes. Since the time on your post is 8:07 that means that the actual time your vote registered was at 8:00. If it's any consolation, it wouldn't have changed the final result because the round would have ended in a tie. And because of the tiebreaker rule, WISD would still have been eliminated.

that's ok...wasn't sure with the clock difference...

Annoying Twit
02-17-2017, 07:35 AM
Only the best songs left. Simple personal preference among these excellent songs.

I vote for: My Hat

TW
02-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Red Dirt Road I'm voting based on my personal preference.

Delilah
02-17-2017, 01:46 PM
I missed the last round. But I hadn't really made up my mind anyway. I will just go with my original impressions. The best songs are gone IMO, except for Red Dirt Road.

My vote goes to All Those Faces.

How does one kick his boots off? Generally they must be pulled or tugged off. Just a minor thing I was wondering about.

RudieCantFail
02-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Red Dirt Road

Freypower
02-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Red Dirt Road

UndertheWire
02-17-2017, 06:58 PM
My Hat

zeldabjr
02-18-2017, 07:24 PM
Red Dirt Road

Gemini
02-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Red Dirt Road

02-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Well - it looks like Red Dirt Road is going down this time. I think it's time, but I actually like it better than All Those Faces. I can't believe this song will make it to the final three - there are about 4 or 5 songs that I like better, but it is what it is. So anyway ...

02-18-2017, 09:08 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is Red Dirt Road. “Red Dirt Road”, the tribe has spoken and we’ll cut to the chase – you didn’t persevere for goodness sake. We see you’re weary, head in your hand, but try to seek contentment when you can. Now get up and go down that red dirt road and leave the island immediately.

Votes
Red Dirt Road – 5
My Hat – 2
All Those Faces – 2

Vote Breakdown
Red Dirt Road – timothyswife
Red Dirt Road – Freypower
Red Dirt Road – zeldabjr
Red Dirt Road – Gemini
My Hat – Annoying Twit
My Hat – UndertheWire
All Those Faces – Delilah

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10
It's Alright 2/12
This Waltz 2/14
What I Should Do 2/16
Red Dirt Road 2/18

Songs in Play:
My Hat
All Those Faces
I Refuse

Voting for Round Ten begins now.

Gemini
02-18-2017, 09:52 PM
I really like All Those Faces. I Refuse is sort of unexpected and was really great live. So, my vote this round is My Hat.

Freypower
02-18-2017, 09:53 PM
My Hat

Annoying Twit
02-18-2017, 10:35 PM
My Hat

TW
02-19-2017, 02:38 PM
My Hat

RudieCantFail
02-19-2017, 05:03 PM
My Hat

UndertheWire
02-20-2017, 04:30 AM
Another vote for My Hat.

Annoying Twit
02-20-2017, 12:43 PM
It's going to be tricky for My Hat to come back from this.

Brooke
02-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Well, I couldn't get here for the last round and am sorry Red Dirt Road has gone. My vote wouldn't have helped anyway. I love the picking at the beginning.

These last three are really hard as I really like all of them. Very hard to choose.

My Hat-such a happy, peppy beat

I Refuse-Tim can rock!

All Those Faces-I think he should have called it Leap of Faith and I love the haunting melody.

I vote for I Refuse. Great rocker, but I like the other two better.

L101
02-20-2017, 05:29 PM
I missed the last round as I was away for the weekend but my vote probably wouldn't have saved Red Dirt Road anyway :-(

So my vote this round is for My Hat - I like it the least of the 3 songs left

02-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Wow - My preferences in most Survivor games are normally pretty mainstream, but after the first few rounds, I am really out of synch with the majority in this game. As l said before, All Those Faces is pretty far down on my list - I'm just missing the appeal that many of you apparently have for it. In any event, it won't make any difference, but ...

Also, just want to let everyone know that I'm going out to dinner again tonight, so we'll get the results posted for this round as soon as possible.

sodascouts
02-20-2017, 07:39 PM
I've been out of town this weekend so I missed the last round. Very sorry to see Red Dirt Road go!

I'm going with Brooke...

I cast my vote for I Refuse.

zeldabjr
02-20-2017, 08:24 PM
I vote for My Hat

02-20-2017, 10:01 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Leap of Faith Survivor is My Hat. “My Hat”, the tribe has spoken and this roller coaster ride is done. We hope all of this pent up desire doesn’t bring on one of your off color moods. Hopefully, your next quest will bring you moments of greatness because you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
My Hat – 8
I Refuse – 2
All Those Faces – 1

Vote Breakdown
My Hat – Gemini
My Hat – Freypower
My Hat – Annoying Twit
My Hat – timothyswife
My Hat – RudieCantFail
My Hat – UndertheWire
My Hat – L101
My Hat – zeldabjr
I Refuse – Brooke
I Refuse - sodascouts

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10
It's Alright 2/12
This Waltz 2/14
What I Should Do 2/16
Red Dirt Road 2/18
My Hat 2/20

Songs Remaining:

All Those Faces vs. I Refuse

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all.

Once again...

VOTE FOR THE SONG YOU WANT TO WIN.

Voting for the final round begins now.

Freypower
02-20-2017, 11:21 PM
I like both songs, but I vote for I Refuse which is my favourite track from the album.

Annoying Twit
02-21-2017, 01:36 AM
My two favourite songs from the album have made it to the shoot-out.

I vote for All Those Faces to win. I really like the way it starts simple and then develops.

UndertheWire
02-21-2017, 10:20 AM
My favourites are long gone. I'm quite surprised to see "I Refuse" in the final and with so few challenges along the way. I like the message as it shows (assuming it's autobiographical) Timothy's strength and that the air of neutrality doesn't always come easily to him.

I vote I Refuse for the win.

Annoying Twit
02-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Very few votes so far. I feel that I'm in a no-lose situation given it's my favourite two songs. But, still very curious to see which one wins.

Brooke
02-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Oh man, there were 3 of us that missed the round that Red Dirt Road went down in! I think we could have saved it! :doh:

So, moving on, these last two songs are great and it's hard to decide, but....

All Those Faces for the win.

I love the harmonica and that haunting melody!

L101
02-21-2017, 05:05 PM
I vote I Refuse for the win!!

I like both songs but I Refuse just edges out in front due to its rockier sound :-)

zeldabjr
02-21-2017, 08:44 PM
omg ....having a really hard time with this!!! :shrug:

Annoying Twit
02-21-2017, 08:52 PM
omg ....having a really hard time with this!!! :shrug:

There's always the method that I have seen attributed to Sigmund Freud (maybe wrongly) for when you have to make a binary decision. Assign one song to heads of a coin, one song to tails. Toss the coin, but don't open your hand to look. Then think to yourself: what do I find myself hoping that the result will be?

RudieCantFail
02-21-2017, 10:17 PM
For the win, All Those Faces. I love how the album title is integrated into the song.

02-21-2017, 11:25 PM
I decided to listen to All Those Face several times again over the last couple of days to see if I could figure out what I am missing and what the song's appeal is. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck - the song just doesn't do a thing for me. On the other hand, I Refuse is my second favorite song on the album. So, for me this is very simple - no contest.

I cast my vote for I Refuse for the win!

TW
02-22-2017, 10:06 AM
This was a hard decision to make as both of these songs are tied at the top of my list, I figured that one of them would have been booted before the final. After listening to them again quite a few times, I am going to vote for I Refuse.

shunlvswx
02-22-2017, 10:15 AM
I'm voting for I Refuse.

Delilah
02-22-2017, 04:43 PM
When I initially ranked these songs, I had All Those Faces right ahead of I Refuse. But now after re-listening, I definitely prefer I Refuse. I still think All Those Faces is too long although it does have nice, dramatic instrumental build-up about 4 1/2 minutes in. But it ain't Hotel California.

I vote for I Refuse for the win.

02-22-2017, 09:20 PM
The tribe has spoken and we have a winner in the Leap of Faith Survivor. The tribe has spoken and after all those songs, only one is left standing. The stubborn one that took a leap of faith and refused defeat is ...

I Refuse!

Votes
I Refuse – 7
All Those Faces – 3

Vote Breakdown
I Refuse – Freypower
I Refuse – UndertheWire
I Refuse – L101
I Refuse – Ive always been a dreamer
I Refuse – timothyswife
I Refuse – shunlvswx
I Refuse – Delilah
All Those Faces – Annoying Twit
All Those Faces – Brooke
All Those Faces – RudieCantFail

Songs Eliminated:
The Island 2/02
Slow Down 2/04
You're So Wild 2/06
Goodbye, My Love 2/08
Pearl on the String 2/10
It's Alright 2/12
This Waltz 2/14
What I Should Do 2/16
Red Dirt Road 2/18
My Hat 2/20
All Those Faces 2/22

CONGRATULATIONS I REFUSE!!!

Thanks everyone for playing and hope you enjoyed the game.

Annoying Twit
02-23-2017, 03:42 AM
Very interesting game. Congratulations to I Refuse for your win :)

I hope we get to do Survivor games on other solo albums in the future.

Brooke
02-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Congrats to I Refuse! It's a great rocker from Timothy!

Thanks for playing everyone!

02-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Congrats to I Refuse. I'm sure glad that it prevailed in the final round. As I said before, it wasn't my first choice, but it is my second favorite on the album. I'm going to post my list of preferences because as I mentioned earlier, after the first three or four rounds of the game, my preferences seemed to really be out of synch with the other players. At least, I got some redemption in the last round. :grin:

1. What I Should Do
2. I Refuse
3. My Hat
4. This Waltz
5. Goodbye, My Love
6. Red Dirt Road
7. All Those Faces
8. Pearl on the String
9. You're So Wild
10. Slow Down
11. It's Alright
12. The Island

sodascouts
02-25-2017, 09:24 PM
Congrats to "I Refuse" - and thank you, Dreamer!