PDA

View Full Version : Timmothy's Vocal Coach

travlnman2
02-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Did you know Tim has a Vocal Coach? He is a world renowned vocal coach who has also worked with Axl Rose and others.

Here is a link

http://www.ronandersonvocals.com/clients/

LJH
02-02-2017, 01:26 AM
I remember reading (probably here) that he started with a vocal coach to help recover from the throat cancer surgery and that made perfect sense; recover that fabulous voice without doing further damage. But the picture shown looks to pre-date that episode. What do you think?

Whatever! It sure worked because at age 69 he sounds better than ever.

Edit to add: I totally spaced the surfboard accident. That's when he started with a coach, right?

MaryCalifornia
02-02-2017, 02:05 AM
I think that most professionals who sing for a living, night after night, eventually get a singing coach. I remember hearing Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who early on sort of rapped everything, talking about getting a coach, probably in his early to mid 30s, and after that he actually sang the songs. He didn't know he could sing like that. It really is an acquired skill, even for those with natural talent like Timothy. That is an impressive page on the coach's website, and I do see Anthony Kiedis in there!

Delilah
02-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Wow, the guy has worked with Tom Cruise and Janet Jackson and other really high-profile people. No wonder Timothy sounds so good on Leap of Faith. I think it's commendable when an artist continues to hone his craft, no matter what age or amount of experience.

NightMistBlue
02-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Good heavens, such a diverse clientele. Terence Stamp even? Impressed.

Thank you, Trav! I wonder how much he charges. Probably it's a "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" sort of thing.

Annoying Twit
02-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Can someone give Tim's vocal coach's number to Lindsey Buckingham?

NightMistBlue
02-03-2017, 10:21 AM
What do you mean, AT - something off about Lindsey's vocals lately?

zeldabjr
02-03-2017, 11:00 AM
He never had a coach until he got hit in the throat a while back with the surfboard in HI...after that is when he first used a coach to try to get his voice back in shape...(this is all according to a member of his band I got to chat with one night after a show)...

NightMistBlue
02-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Is Tim a surfer?

Annoying Twit
02-03-2017, 03:22 PM
What do you mean, AT - something off about Lindsey's vocals lately?

They are getting quite gruff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybu4FmYMutI

NightMistBlue
02-03-2017, 04:00 PM
:shrug: He sounds good to me. His voice has deepened as he's aged but that's typical.

OT: if I could play guitar like that, I'd walk around gloating 24/7, totally obnoxious.

LuvTim
02-03-2017, 05:02 PM
:shrug: He sounds good to me. His voice has deepened as he's aged but that's typical.

OT: if I could play guitar like that, I'd walk around gloating 24/7, totally obnoxious.

LOL...NMB, I can't see you acting obnoxiously. You're much too kind for that! :-D
But I do get your point about LB's fantastic talent! :guitar: