PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone Review/Fast Company

katherine5832
01-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but did anyone else read the Rolling Stone review of LROOE http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/16861770/review/16927307/long_road_out_of_eden and notice this glaring mistake:

"In 'Fast Company,' Frey affects a Prince-like falsetto over a chilled-funk stroll, playing an old-timer who can't even remember the action he used to get."

Uh, I'm no music critic, but I can certainly tell a Henley falsetto from a Frey falsetto! Good grief...no wonder the Eagles never liked Rolling Stone. If they're not getting bad reviews, they're getting good reviews with bad information! And that was written by a senior editor! I guess there was no one more senior than him to edit his article.

DonFan
01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Makes you wonder exactly how old this "senior" editor was? As Don has remarked in several interviews lately, some of the reporters who are interviewing them lately are veeeeery young, and really unfamiliar with the Eagles. :roll:

I can think of one experienced writer who is VERY familiar with the Eagles who would LOVE a chance to interview them.......and this writer would never, NEVER mistake Don for Glenn! :wink:

sodascouts
01-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty glaring error!

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Makes you wonder exactly how old this "senior" editor was? As Don has remarked in several interviews lately, some of the reporters who are interviewing them lately are veeeeery young, and really unfamiliar with the Eagles. :roll:

I can think of one experienced writer who is VERY familiar with the Eagles who would LOVE a chance to interview them.......and this writer would never, NEVER mistake Don for Glenn! :wink:

I'm sure SHE :wink: wouldn't, would SHE! And I'd say her info would be spot on she has such a good knowledge and understanding of her subject matter. I really hope some day she gets her chance!

Brooke
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM

I'm sure SHE :wink: wouldn't, would SHE! And I'd say her info would be spot on she has such a good knowledge and understanding of her subject matter. I really hope some day she gets her chance!

I cast my vote for you, too, DonFan! I know you would do a fabulous job! :D

DonFan
01-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks, guys! :D

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2008, 06:44 PM
You're welcome! And I really hope you do get the chance some day. It would be well worth reading. A good journalist does her research in my book, and you've certainly done yours! :D

Freypower
01-04-2008, 11:50 PM
David Fricke has been around forever. He isn't a 'newbie' at Rolling Stone. He should have known better.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I vote for DonFan to get an interview with the band as well. Of course, this is on the condition that she take along her able assistant, dreamer! :D :D :D