PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Live Concert In Dallas

Funk 50
03-06-2017, 01:56 PM
This Meisner concert has been a well known bootleg for quite a while. I think you can probably even buy it legitimately nowadays. When I bought it, I was very disappointed with the editing, even for a boot.

I'm delighted to find a radio broadcast of the show at the VoodooWagon blogspot.

http://voodoowagon.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/randy-meisner-captured-live-cl-483.html

There are more tracks included (Take It To The Limit, just the once though :neutral:) and the transition between the tracks has to be less clunky, although I haven't listened to much of it so far.

Randy Meisner
Nick's Uptown Theater
Dallas, TX
Captured Live! CL-483 for broadcast week of May 9, 1983

01. Captured Live! CL-483 Intro - Perry Stone
02. Bad Man
03. Nothing Is Said ('Til The Artist Is Dead)
04. Playin' In The Deep End
05. Doin' It For Delilah
06. Captured Live! CL-483 Break - Perry Stone
07. Gotta Get Away
08. Try And Love Again

09. Never Been In Love
10. Captured Live! CL-483 Break - Perry Stone
11. Lonesome Cowgirl
12. band introduction
13. Jealousy
14. Too Many Hands
15. Captured Live! CL-483 Break - Perry Stone
16. Tonight
17. Strangers
18. Deep Inside My Heart
19. Captured Live! CL-483 Break - Perry Stone
20. Take It To The Limit
21. Hearts On Fire
22. Darkness Of The Heart
23. I Need You Bad
24. Captured Live! CL-483 Break - Perry Stone

The widely distributed version of the show (I'm presuming it's the same :|) has the date(s) of the recording as early December 1982.

:bye:

NightMistBlue
03-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Yes, it would have been recorded December 1, 1982 at Nick's Uptown in Dallas. Thank you, Seņor Funk!

I'm listening now.

NightMistBlue
03-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Funk, did you try to download the files yet? I got all the tracks up to and including "Strangers" so I'm missing the last 5. Dunno what went wrong.

I have the other ones converted to mp3. We could swap if you want to!

Funk 50
03-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Hi NightMistBlue, have you tried re-downloading the file?

I've downloaded the rar file (524mb) played the flac files and also converted them all to mp3 files without any problem at all.

I'll help you out, if you continue to experience difficulties. :thumbsup:

Delilah
03-09-2017, 05:22 PM
This Meisner concert has been a well known bootleg for quite a while. I think you can probably even buy it legitimately nowadays. When I bought it, I was very disappointed with the editing, even for a boot.

I'm delighted to find a radio broadcast of the show at the VoodooWagon blogspot.

http://voodoowagon.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/randy-meisner-captured-live-cl-483.html

There are more tracks included (Take It To The Limit, just the once though :neutral:) and the transition between the tracks has to be less clunky, although I haven't listened to much of it so far.

The widely distributed version of the show (I'm presuming it's the same :|) has the date(s) of the recording as early December 1982.

:bye:

I finally got around to this. Thank you, Funk 50, for uncovering another live gem. I love all the extras that aren't on the earlier "bootlegs"; although with the last couple of releases coming from Joey Stec's label, Sonic Past, I assumed they were legitimate (Mr. Stec is a friend and colleague of Randy's--they go way back). Anyway, I'm really enjoying this! :grooving:

NightMistBlue
03-10-2017, 10:59 AM
That version of "Bad Man" is wild, isn't it? Fast and furious, with Randy saying at the beginning in a very high voice, "I get soooooooooo excited!" Love it.

Delilah
03-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Yes "Bad Man" is wild. At first I thought the track was sped up or something, it was so fast. He really pushes his voice at this show. Towards the middle I think it catches up to him, but by the last few songs, he's back in form. I love this version of "Nothing is Said (Til the Artist is Dead)" and I'm thrilled to hear my absolute favorite Randy song, "Never Been in Love" performed live. Heck, who am I kidding, I love it all.

NMB, were you able to download the last few songs?

NightMistBlue
03-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Yes, eventually! Thank you for asking, Delilah *and* Mr. Funk. It took a few go-rounds and much cussing but it all worked out.

I find "Playing in the Deep End" to be especially strong and rocking - again, quite a bit faster than it was on the album.

Many people dig "Never Been in Love." The guy who wrote it has since become a successful country songwriter. He's on Facebook. I complimented him on NBIL, and he was like "wow, I don't think anyone's ever mentioned that song to me!" or words to that effect. He should read the comments on YouTube - loads of people love that song.

Delilah
03-10-2017, 05:09 PM
The download was cumbersome for me as well, mainly due to being mired in the Apple/Mac universe.

Well, maybe I'll be brave and look up Craig Bickhardt on fb and thank him for writing the song.

Is it someone from the venue who made the announcements? He refers to John Corey as "our guitar player." Randy does talk a little more than I expected. For anyone who may be interested, the band members are introduced as:
Sterling Smith- piano (a "lunatic himself" per the announcer and has played with The Beach Boys, among other notable acts)
Tom Erak - bass
Stan Kemper - drums ("Stanley" "Stan Bob")
John Corey- guitar
Dixon House - organ

I'm not sure who does the backing vocals, I guess it's mostly Dixon House. John Corey later toured with Don Henley for his solo concerts and was also on the "Hell Freezes Over" album. I don't know if he also was part of the HFO tour. And of course, he wrote the ever so awesome "Doin' It for Delilah." :smokin:

East Texas Girl
03-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Yes "Bad Man" is wild. At first I thought the track was sped up or something, it was so fast. He really pushes his voice at this show. Towards the middle I think it catches up to him, but by the last few songs, he's back in form. I love this version of "Nothing is Said (Til the Artist is Dead)" and I'm thrilled to hear my absolute favorite Randy song, "Never Been in Love" performed live. Heck, who am I kidding, I love it all.

NMB, were you able to download the last few songs?

I have not listened to this yet because I'm mostly signed on at work (cough, cough) but I bought the "Live" cd and ripped it to my phone. I listen to it very frequently... And I have to agree with you Delilah "Never Been In Love" is an awesome song! I have been known to hit repeat a few times. Lol

NightMistBlue
03-10-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure who does the backing vocals, I guess it's mostly Dixon House. John Corey later toured with Don Henley for his solo concerts and was also on the "Hell Freezes Over" album. I don't know if he also was part of the HFO tour. And of course, he wrote the ever so awesome "Doin' It for Delilah." :smokin:

I thought for sure there was at least one female singer, but I guess it was just guys in the band singing really high.

Funny/weird: after I posted "Strangers" from this concert on SoundCloud, I got an email from a "talent scout" telling me I had potential, and for a small promotional fee, he could open doors for me :roll:

Delilah
03-10-2017, 05:44 PM
I have not listened to this yet because I'm mostly signed on at work (cough, cough) but I bought the "Live" cd and ripped it to my phone. I listen to it very frequently... And I have to agree with you Delilah "Never Been In Love" is an awesome song! I have been known to hit repeat a few times. Lol

Which "Live" did you get, ETG? There are a few out there and for awhile I wasn't sure what was what. I know there's this show from 1982 and another from 1981. The 1982 one has been issued at least twice that I know of. I don't have any of them myself, I've just listened to several tracks on YT. I do have the "Randy Meisner Anthology" cd which has a couple of live versions.

Delilah
03-10-2017, 05:56 PM
I thought for sure there was at least one female singer, but I guess it was just guys in the band singing really high.

Funny/weird: after I posted "Strangers" from this concert on SoundCloud, I got an email from a "talent scout" telling me I had potential, and for a small promotional fee, he could open doors for me :roll:

I say go for it--what do you have to lose? :hilarious:

Does SoundCloud post your email address? Hopefully not.

East Texas Girl
03-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Which "Live" did you get, ETG? There are a few out there and for awhile I wasn't sure what was what. I know there's this show from 1982 and another from 1981. The 1982 one has been issued at least twice that I know of. I don't have any of them myself, I've just listened to several tracks on YT. I do have the "Randy Meisner Anthology" cd which has a couple of live versions.

I have Live In Dallas 1982, but I just realized I got the cd's mixed up, it does not have "Never Been In Love" on it. :oops:
I have not seen a "Randy Meisner Anthology".

Delilah
03-11-2017, 02:55 PM
I have Live In Dallas 1982, but I just realized I got the cd's mixed up, it does not have "Never Been In Love" on it. :oops:
I have not seen a "Randy Meisner Anthology".

FYI, here's one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-MEISNER-MY-HOW-THINGS-HAVE-CHANGED-THE-ANTHOLOGY-JAPAN-BLU-SPEC-CD2-D73-/371889310634?hash=item5696548baa:g:K~gAAOSwPhdVIVH s

East Texas Girl
03-13-2017, 01:31 PM
FYI, here's one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-MEISNER-MY-HOW-THINGS-HAVE-CHANGED-THE-ANTHOLOGY-JAPAN-BLU-SPEC-CD2-D73-/371889310634?hash=item5696548baa:g:K~gAAOSwPhdVIVH s

Thank you Delilah, the track list on this cd is very similar to my cd "Love Me Or Leave Me Alone".
In which I bought as a dual cd with "Live In Dallas 1982".