PDA

View Full Version : Eagles LROOE in 3rd place

rcknalwys
01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I just read on CMT that the Eagles were #3 in the top 10 selling albums of 2007 with over 3.5 million cds sold. Seems there are a lot of people out there with good taste! I can't wait to tell my ex...he calls the Eagles "has beens". It's funny, he says he quit liking the Eagles when they "kicked" Randy out of the group. Methinks he is intimidated by my Timothy! :rofl:

sodascouts
01-05-2008, 04:34 PM
lol! He's probably just jealous! ;)

That's great news. Rock on, Eagles!

Glennsallnighter
01-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Yep! Definitely :jealous:

That is fantastic news however. And just think, the album was released in late October and so reached that sales level in only 2 months. Just think what might have been their position in the top 10 if it had been released earlier in the year!

Has beens?? :roll: Yeah, right!! :D

EasyFeeling
01-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Very cool. :yay:

glenneaglesfan
01-07-2008, 05:42 AM
Excellent news! I was listening to the Virgin album chart yesterday, and heard that LROOE was at the top last week. It prompted a bit of research - since it was released, it has been number one on the Virgin chart for 7 out of 10 weeks, and that's in the UK! :D It's down to 13th now. :(

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/charts/albums/?date=071222

sodascouts
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Still... not too shabby!

Glennsallnighter
01-08-2008, 05:50 AM
The av's not too shabby either Soda! In fact its brilliant! Love it! :D

Mrs Frey
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I just read on CMT that the Eagles were #3 in the top 10 selling albums of 2007 with over 3.5 million cds sold. Seems there are a lot of people out there with good taste! I can't wait to tell my ex...he calls the Eagles "has beens". It's funny, he says he quit liking the Eagles when they "kicked" Randy out of the group. Methinks he is intimidated by my Timothy! :rofl:

That is wonderful, Becky! Thanks for sharing this information with us. GA is right - imagine if the album had been released sooner! :shock: It's actually phenomenal that it appears in the top ten at all since it was released within the last three months of the year. Wow.

As for your ex... :roll: If the Eagles are "has beens" then bring on the has beens! He could well be intimidated by your Timothy! :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Excellent news! I was listening to the Virgin album chart yesterday, and heard that LROOE was at the top last week. It prompted a bit of research - since it was released, it has been number one on the Virgin chart for 7 out of 10 weeks, and that's in the UK! :D It's down to 13th now. :(

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/charts/albums/?date=071222

Yet another great achievement for the boys! Thanks for sharing, GEF! :yay:

rcknalwys
01-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Just read this on CMT.com
Trooping directly behind Swift's self-titled album within the Top 5 are the Eagles' Long Road Out of Eden, Garth Brooks' The Ultimate Hits, Sugarland's Enjoy the Ride and Carrie Underwood's Carnival Ride.
Seems they are still riding the wave!