PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley's Mini Summer Tour of the Midwest and Northeast.

shunlvswx
03-20-2017, 02:25 PM
It looks like Don will be doing a mini summer tour in June. Mostly midwest and northeast cities.

I had a feeling he would do a tour in the summer. Do I have to say who's his opening act is. Why can't we get artist like Jewel or Shawn as an opening act. We always get JD & The Straight Shot.

June 6, 2017 Boston, MA; Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
June 8, 2017 National Harbor, MD; MGM National Harbor
June 10, 2017 Bethlehem, PA;The Sands Bethlehem Event Center
June 13, 2017 Toronto, ON Canada; Budweiser Stage
June 15, 2017 Cincinnati, OH; PNC Pavilion @ Riverbend Music Center
June 17, 2017 Chicago, IL; Northerly Island
June 18, 2017 Saint Paul, MN; Xcel Energy Center
July 22, 2017 Dallas, TX;American Airlines Center With Special Guests

I think tickets go onsale for the public this Friday. Of course presale probably starts tomorrow.

Philh
03-24-2017, 07:41 AM
It's because JD (James Dolan) is a mate of Irving's.

sodascouts
03-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Dolan will play rock'n'roll star for as long as he feels like it, but I doubt it's based solely on a friendship with Azoff. I think he pays them in order to be their opening act. That's just speculation, but it would explain why Don allows it... he gets a cut!

shunlvswx
03-25-2017, 02:40 PM
I just found it strange that we get JD in the US, but he gets other popular stars (e.g. Jewel and Shawn) opening for him when he's touring in Europe and Australia. I wonder if its cheaper for him to have Jewel or Shawn opening for him across the pond than in the US. I rather listen to Jewel or Shawn than JD & the Straight Shot.

sodascouts
03-25-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking Dolan just doesn't have the time to travel overseas.

I remember when Don consistently had cool opening acts in the USA, too... now he only does if Dolan is busy elsewhere.

L101
03-25-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm thinking Dolan just doesn't have the time to travel overseas.

I remember when Don consistently had cool opening acts in the USA, too... now he only does if Dolan is busy elsewhere.

JD was support for Don in Europe last summer - maybe Australia and NZ were just to far for JD to travel - they were the lucky ones - it will take me a long time to forget Ballyhoo :grin:

Jonny Come Lately
03-25-2017, 05:31 PM
JD was support for Don in Europe last summer - maybe Australia and NZ were just to far for JD to travel - they were the lucky ones - it will take me a long time to forget Ballyhoo :grin:

Indeed, I also remember Ballyhoo (not to mention it's extremely long winded introduction!). In fact it makes me laugh just thinking of it! :hilarious: It bordered on 'so bad, it's good'!

I found most of their other songs bearable, if not exactly memorable (although I must admit I personally found it much more enjoyable to ignore JD and watch his female backing singer instead!).

sodascouts
03-25-2017, 08:32 PM

lol! I stand corrected! It's definitely unfortunate Dolan found the time for Europe, my friend!

shunlvswx
03-25-2017, 08:56 PM
I forgot he was in Europe with Don. Shawn was with Don on the first leg of the tour in 2015.