PDA

View Full Version : Eagles: California Nights DVD

katherine5832
01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
I got this DVD through Netflix and watched it over the weekend (and I just rewatched part of it just now :blush: ). It is a collection of interviews that Don and Glenn (and to a lesser extent Joe, Don F. and Timothy) have done over the last decade and a half or so.

I wanted to let you Don fans know about it in case you haven't had a chance to watch it. It was released in November I believe. There are 3 Don-only interviews, 1 Glenn-only interview, the Rock & Roll induction speeches, and an HFO-era interview. The Don interviews are fantastic! The one that I especially liked and just rewatched is an interview that he did with Whoopi Goldberg in 1992. I think this is the most relaxed I've ever seen him in an interview. And he looks absolutely stunning. Loved the jeans and boots...mmm - mmm - mmm. :drool: He smiles and laughs a lot during this interview and Whoopi is so cute when she's flirting with him.

The other two interviews are very good. Glenn's is very good content-wise, but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. It's a very long interview with Bob Costas.

I almost bought it from Amazon sight unseen, until I found that Netflix had it. Now that I've seen it, I think I will end up purchasing it. So, if you are a member of Netflix, it's available through them.

Another one that Netflix has is Eagles: Desperado. It was only an hour long and was mostly music critics talking about their first two albums. The best part of this DVD was seeing old footage of the band performing on the BBC, but there weren't nearly enough of these scenes. I probably won't buy this one, but it was worth getting it from netflix just to check it out.

glenneaglesfan
01-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks for that review, katherine. I'd seen that on Amazon before Christmas, and thought it sounded interesting.

I have the Desperado dvd. Personally I didn't think it was very well researched. The cover shows the Long Run era line-up for a start! The British music critics call Glenn "Fray". They should know better.
The BBC concert is great, and if you don't have it in full I'm sure someone here would share it with you. Nancy has a couple of clips on EOC, here:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/multimedialivevideo.htm

There are also several clips on YouTube.

DonFan
01-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the info on the California Nights DVD. I was tempted to buy it over the holidays--as a Christmas present to myself 8) --I definitely will now.

Glennsallnighter
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Yes! Thanks for that from me too Katherine! I guess thats next on the 'to buy' list. Well worth it from the sound of it!

Molly
01-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I got the DVD for Christmas but haven't had time to watch it yet. Darn job -I really should quit it so I have time for more important things! :wink:

sodascouts
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I think I'm gonna buy that sucker, too! Thanks for the details, Katherine.

AgingHippieChick
01-27-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm heading over to Ebay to look for it right now!!! Thanks!