PDA

View Full Version : Ludlow Garage - Cincinnati - April 21, 2017

longtimeeaglesfan
04-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Excellent performance in this small venue. The room is L-shaped and the stage is in the corner so the musicians are actually playing to both rooms at the same time. A bit of an odd setup but it works. Timothy commented on that, as he was facing the corner where someone had drawn a smiley face which he referred to as "Mr. Ludlow" throughout the show. The venue itself has a capacity of only 292 people so it feels more like being in someone's basement (it actually is in the basement!) than a concert hall.

The show itself wasn't completely sold out so Timothy had people move up to some of the few empty seats closer to the front.

We were seated in the front row to Timothy's right. We were able to chat with Chris Farmer during the intermission and after the show as he was set up right in front of us. A very up close and personal experience.

I included a photo of the setlist below. Timothy mentioned before singing "Peaceful Easy Feeling" that there were several people in his musical life who have been checking out lately but he only mentioned Glenn by name.

The performance was awesome as can be expected. We got to talk to Hank again after the show - he is incredible to watch on the guitar!

Photos included below.

longtimeeaglesfan
04-24-2017, 10:23 AM
A few more pictures of Timothy exiting the stage.

longtimeeaglesfan
04-24-2017, 10:41 AM
My favorite concert-going-partner-in-crime, Sussan and Hank; Mr. Ludlow!; and Setlist.

Funk 50
04-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Thank you very much longtimeeaglesfan, glad you enjoyed the show.

I've been contemplating Tim getting an extra lead vocal at the upcoming Eagles shows and have wondered what he would sing. A hint would be if he added something unexpected to his solo set list. Poco's I Can See Everything is a very interesting addition :nod:

I've heard a recent Schmit Bootleg and the solo acoustic song billed as All Those Faces was in fact an old favourite All I Wanna Do. I've yet to see a set list with All I Wanna Do on it. I can't believe that he only sang it once but then again, I can't believe that it's always given the wrong title :dizzy:

TW
04-25-2017, 04:41 PM
Actually he does both songs, All Those Faces and All I Want to Do. All Those Faces is off of his new album and All I Want to Do is off of Tell Me the Truth. He just added All I Want to Do for the midwest/east leg of his tour.

Brooke
04-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Thank you for the review, ltef! Sounds like it was a great show! And thanks for the pics! Tim is lookin' good!

Funk 50
04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Actually he does both songs, All Those Faces and All I Want to Do. All Those Faces is off of his new album and All I Want to Do is off of Tell Me the Truth. He just added All I Want to Do for the midwest/east leg of his tour.

Thanks TW, I've just found All Those Faces on my bootleg, titled Leap Of Faith. :rolleyes:

I guess All I Wanna Do has disappeared back into obscurity after it's brief run in Tim's set list. I'm up for a Schmit live album, even though he's probably not yet racked up fifty solo shows in his long and illustrious music career. :razz:

sodascouts
04-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Thank you for the review and photos!

cincyfan
04-27-2017, 03:59 PM
He did two shows in Cincinnati. Here's a video from the first.

https://youtu.be/Lm1WMq5q85Y

longtimeeaglesfan
04-27-2017, 05:40 PM
These were taken on 4/21/17 by someone sitting in the row behind us. I spotted myself as Timothy was exiting after LWKUA. :)

I Can't Tell You Why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drn7BLWLgQk

Love Will Keep Us Alive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVL2-TMy42c

Delilah
04-28-2017, 01:34 PM
My favorite concert-going-partner-in-crime, Sussan and Hank; Mr. Ludlow!; and Setlist.

Thank you, longtimeseaglesfan, for the review and pictures. Is that Timothy's handwriting on the setlist? Very cool if it is.

TW
04-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Is that Timothy's handwriting on the setlist? Very cool if it is.

It looks like his handwriting! :D

longtimeeaglesfan
04-29-2017, 12:48 PM
It looks like his handwriting! :D

It could be. It was written on there when Chris Farmer handed it to me. It was one that was sitting out loose. He told me he had to keep his own as he made notes on it - he was going to peel one off the floor that the backup singers were using and then he spotted that one that he handed to me.

He was very friendly throughout the evening. We told him we enjoyed watching his bass and keyboard playing. He said he tried to stand back as much as ke could as he said he was like a linebacker and everyone is there to see the quarterback. He also asked us if we were okay with the sound being so close to one of the speakers at the edge of the stage.