PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor All-Stars!

sodascouts
01-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Time for Eagles Survivor All-Stars, where the winners of all of our previous Eagles Survivor Games compete to be the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the All-Star songs here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

New rule: The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

The winner of Eagles Song Survivor All-Stars - the ULTIMATE Eagles song - is TAKE IT EASY!

Congrats, TAKE IT EASY!

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11
Lyin' Eyes 1/13
Already Gone 1/15
Waiting in the Weeds 1/17
Desperado 1/19
Heartache Tonight 1/21
Hotel California 1/23

The game is over. Thanks for playing!

sodascouts
01-09-2008, 08:58 PM
These are all terrific songs - which is why they are in the "all-stars" to begin with! But of the remaining, the weakest is, IMO, Get Over It.

I cast my vote for Get Over It.

Glennsallnighter
01-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't presume to be a great mind or anything like that but I was only thinking this evening that we hadn't had a survivor for a while.......

These are all brilliant songs. The best of the best so to speak. Where can one look for that slight difference......

Yes I agree!
For round 1 I vote to eliminate Get over it also!

scottside
01-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Get Over It is my choice, too.

Freypower
01-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow! This should be fun! But not Get Over It first, one of my absolute favourites.

I cast my vote for (shock horror) Already Gone.

timfan
01-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Although I love all these songs I cast my vote for GET OVER IT!!!

katherine5832
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
It's a toughie because I do love them all, but I'd have to say my two least favorite of the bunch are Get Over It and Heartache Tonight. Between those two, though, I'll have to cast my vote for Heartache Tonight. I've gotta stick by my man, Don, you know!

DonFan
01-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I cast my vote for Lyin' Eyes.

Brooke
01-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh boy. This is gonna be hard! I really love them all!

( :shock: Fp!)

EasyFeeling
01-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Holy crap, another song survivor... how can I vote off one of THESE songs? :shock: Ok, I have to choose one and cast my vote for Get Over It.

Mrs Frey
01-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Soda, you're killing me here, girlfriend. As EF has said, how can I vote off one of these? They are ALL among my favourites! :cry:

I'm taking a deep breath (I'm freaking out!): I cast my vote for "Get Over It". :weep: :weep: :weep: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I did NOT just do that! I absolutely love this song - I get so excited whenever I listen to it. I'm sorry, this is much too hard.

Katherine, not "Heartache Tonight"! :shock: That's my favourite!!

Glennsallnighter
01-11-2008, 03:16 AM
If you think you're freaking out now MF, whats going to happen later on? I've a feeling we are going to have some really tough decisions to make soon! :wink:

Maleah
01-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I cast my vote for Get Over It

Brooke
01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok, if I have to pic one.

I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight. :(

glenneaglesfan
01-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Nooo, not Heartache Tonight!!

This is very very difficult. I love all these songs, but I'm going to stick my neck out here.

I cast my vote for Desperado.

(Ducks and runs)

Ive always been a dreamer
01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree that all of these songs are awesome, and it doesn’t even feel right to talk about eliminating any of them. However, I also have to agree that Get Over It should be the first to be eliminated. This is going to be one of the most difficult games yet for me. However, since it appears that Get Over It will go down this round, I am going to use my vote to deploy some strategy. Therefore …

rcknalwys
01-11-2008, 08:49 PM
These songs are all STARS of course, so this is going to be difficult. I'm not very good at strategic voting so I'll just vote. I also hate to see it go so early in the game, but I'm going to vote for GOI, too. :cry:

sodascouts
01-11-2008, 09:13 PM
The first song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars is Get Over It. “Get Over It,” please leave immediately – and no bitchin’, and moanin’, and pitchin’ a fit on your way out. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Get Over It – 8
Desperado – 2
Heartache Tonight – 2
Already Gone – 1
Lyin’ Eyes – 1

Vote Breakdown
Get Over It – sodascouts
Get Over It – Glennsallnighter
Get Over It – timfan
Get Over It – scottside
Get Over It – EasyFeeling
Get Over It – Mrs. Frey
Get Over It – Maleah
Get Over It – rcknalways
Desperado – glenneaglesfan
Desperado – ive always been a dreamer
Heartache Tonight – katherine5832
Heartache Tonight – Brooke
Already Gone – Freypower
Lyin’ Eyes – DonFan

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Desperado
Already Gone
Lyin’ Eyes
Hotel California
Heartache Tonight
Waiting in the Weeds

Voting for round 2 begins now.

katherine5832
01-11-2008, 09:42 PM
The first song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars is Get Over It. “Get Over It,” please leave immediately – and no bitchin’, and moanin’, and pitchin’ a fit on your way out. The remaining songs may return to camp.

LOL! Clever, very clever...

Okay, I'll vote off Heartache Tonight. Ow! Hey, who threw that shoe at me?!

Freypower
01-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I cast my vote for Already Gone.

sodascouts
01-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh man - this is gonna be hard! But after much deliberation...

I cast my vote for Lyin' Eyes.

Maleah
01-12-2008, 12:06 AM
same for me -

I cast my vote for Lyin' Eyes

Glennsallnighter
01-12-2008, 04:42 AM
I think the voting on this is shaping up to be a lot more diverse than the previous survivor!

For Round 2 I cast my vote for 'Waiting in the Weeds'

Glennsallnighter
01-12-2008, 04:43 AM

I'm not sure, but at a guess.........MF..? :D

timfan
01-12-2008, 08:09 AM
I cast my vote for Already Gone

DonFan
01-12-2008, 08:16 AM
I cast my vote for Lyin' Eyes once again.

EasyFeeling
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM

scottside
01-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Lyin' Eyes is my choice for the next one to go. Already Gone is my favorite so I'll do whatever possible to keep that one alive.

01-12-2008, 01:02 PM
No! No! No! Not Lyin' Eyes just yet. This is a beautiful grammy winning song. Although I love Already Gone, I think Lyin' Eyes is a much better song in the way that it tells a story. The lyrics, vocals, and harmonies are both very gorgeous and incredibly sophisticated. Besides I'll turn to the argument that we have used often times before when trying to decide - Lyin' Eyes was written by the awesome team of Henley and Frey. Let's form a coalition to save Lyin' Eyes.

Vote for Already Gone.

BTW - I am not officially casting my vote at this time. I want to withhold my vote to see if the coalition is successful. I hope I'm not too late. :wink:

timfan
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
No! No! No! Not Lyin' Eyes just yet. This is a beautiful grammy winning song. Although I love Already Gone, I think Lyin' Eyes is a much better song in the way that it tells a story. The lyrics, vocals, and harmonies are both very gorgeous and incredibly sophisticated. Besides I'll turn to the argument that we have used often times before when trying to decide - Lyin' Eyes was written by the awesome team of Henley and Frey.

My thoughts exactly dreamer; which is why i voted for Already Gone so everyone, save Lyin' Eyes;

VOTE ALREADY GONE

Brooke
01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry, no can do. Already Gone is one of my all time favorites.

I cast my vote, again, for Heartache Tonight. :(

Glennsallnighter
01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Well it looks like one or other will go. I couldn't have voted for either!!

01-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Well - this could be a first in any of our survivor games, but we may have to have a playoff to decide this round. I feel strong enough about Lyin' Eyes that unless there is a last minute vote, there will a tie that the tiebreaker rule of previous votes will not resolve. So, here goes ...

sodascouts
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
OK, folks, we’re tied – Lyin’ Eyes and Already Gone have the same amount of votes AND the same amount of past votes. We’re going to do a tiebreaker question in one hour (9:00 Eastern). First person to answer correctly gets to decide whether Lyin’ Eyes or Already Gone leaves. ANYONE can answer the question, even if you didn't vote for one of those songs prior.

Votes
Lyin’ Eyes – 4
Already Gone – 4
Heartache Tonight – 2
Waiting in the Weeds - 1

Vote Breakdown
Lyin’ Eyes – sodascouts
Lyin’ Eyes – Maleah
Lyin’ Eyes – DonFan
Lyin’ Eyes – scottside
Already Gone – Freypower
Already Gone – timfan
Already Gone – Easy Feeling
Already Gone – Ive always been a dreamer
Waiting in the Weeds – Glennsallnighter

Tie-breaker tally of past votes:
Lyin’ Eyes – 1
Already Gone – 1
TIE – see tiebreaker question at 9:00 Eastern

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Desperado
Already Gone
Lyin’ Eyes
Hotel California
Heartache Tonight
Waiting in the Weeds

Do not make a vote for the next round until we’ve decided who’s going this time.

sodascouts
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
OK, first one to answer the following question gets to decide whether Lyin' Eyes or Already Gone is eliminated this round.

The question:

Which of the songs competing in this Survivor All-Stars game have won Grammys? Name them all.

Don't forget to make clear what your tie-breaker decision is - Lyin' Eyes or Already Gone - after your answer!

timfan
01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
As a song Heartache Tonight and Lyin' Eyes have won Grammy's. For the album Hotel California won a grammy but not for an individual song.

If I am correct I pick Already Gone to be eliminated this round.

sodascouts
01-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry, that's not correct.

katherine5832
01-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Hotel California won Best Record (Single, not whole album) of the Year
Lyin' Eyes won for Best Pop Vocal Performance by Duo, Group, or Chorus
Heartache Tonight won for Best Rock Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group

If I'm right, I vote off Lyin' Eyes. Sorry, I just love Already Gone way too much to let it go.

sodascouts
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
You got it, Katherine!

The second song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars is Lyin' Eyes. "Lyin' Eyes", I'm sorry, but there ain't no way to hide it. Katherine has spoken. Please leave the island immediately.

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11
Lyin' Eyes 1/13

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Desperado
Already Gone
Hotel California
Heartache Tonight
Waiting in the Weeds

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

timfan
01-13-2008, 11:06 PM

katherine5832
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I vote for Heartache Tonight.

Freypower
01-14-2008, 12:44 AM
I can't believe that Lyin' Eyes has been eliminated. So again I will have to cast my vote for Already Gone. Much as I like it it isn't as good as these other songs.

Please note I am unable to put my vote in bold type.

sodascouts
01-14-2008, 01:16 AM
This is just nuts - I can't decide!

So, because it's new and therefore doesn't have as much emotional resonance YET....

I cast my vote for Waiting in the Weeds.

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 05:28 AM
As with the last round I also cast my vote for 'Waiting In The Weeds'

Its not that I dislike the song but I just prefer the others.

Mrs Frey
01-14-2008, 06:17 AM
:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :cry: <sniff>

I'm devastated. "Lyin' Eyes" voted off? :shock: How on earth did that happen? It's a masterpiece!

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest (and recovered a little from my blubbering :wink: ), I will cast my vote (feeling as though I'm stabbing myself in the chest) for "Waiting In The Weeds". :cry:

I love the song very much - I just can't vote off any of the others before this one. They are just too close to my heart.

Mrs Frey
01-14-2008, 06:24 AM

I'm not sure, but at a guess.........MF..? :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Katherine and GA - I really enjoyed this! But seriously - enough voting for "Heartache Tonight" already. You're giving me a serious heartache! :wink: If it goes out this early (or at all!), I'll certainly be bitchin', and moanin', and pitchin' a fit! :lightsaber:

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 06:30 AM
Well rest assured I won't be voting it off early either MF! I'd hate the idea of you not speaking to me for a week!

EasyFeeling
01-14-2008, 06:46 AM
I vote for Already Gone, again.

scottside
01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
I vote for Waiting In The Weeds...

DonFan
01-14-2008, 10:17 AM
As much as I like it, it is time for Already Gone to be gone already!
That's my vote.

Maleah
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM

glenneaglesfan
01-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Ack, Lyin' Eyes gone already - the song that got most people to their feet and singing in the concerts I went to.

Ok, I'll try to save Heartache Tonight.

katherine5832
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Boy, do I feel really unpopular right now! :( That's the last time I break a tie! But it looks like you guys are going to get your sweet revenge by voting Already Gone out. :sigh: It's pretty funny how we get so passionate about these songs. And please let me reiterate again that I love all of these songs, but Lyin' Eyes is one tiny step down from Already Gone in my book (as is Heartache Tonight). Oh, and a personal apology goes out to Mrs. Frey! :wink:

rcknalwys
01-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Ah man, I didn't vote in the last round! And it involved a tie breaker! I know what you mean Mrs Frey about voting off WITW...and I just can't do it. That WITW has made it to round 3 in spite of being a johnny come lately speaks highly of the caliber of the work that went into the LROOE cd.

so.....I cast my vote for Already Gone

Mrs Frey
01-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Well rest assured I won't be voting it off early either MF! I'd hate the idea of you not speaking to me for a week!

:lol: Yes, well you know how passionate I am about that song. However, I'm sure that's not the only reason you won't be voting it off! :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-15-2008, 06:28 AM
Boy, do I feel really unpopular right now! :( That's the last time I break a tie! But it looks like you guys are going to get your sweet revenge by voting Already Gone out. :sigh: It's pretty funny how we get so passionate about these songs. And please let me reiterate again that I love all of these songs, but Lyin' Eyes is one tiny step down from Already Gone in my book (as is Heartache Tonight). Oh, and a personal apology goes out to Mrs. Frey! :wink:

A personal apology, hey? Looks like that laser beam really scared you! :wink: :lol:

In all seriousness, don't feel unpopular! You have your favourites, I have mine... we all do. I'm a big fan of "Already Gone", by the way - I don't want to see that one go either! :weep: I just think "Lyin' Eyes" is one of the great lyrical masterpieces that the Eagles produced. It's simply brilliant, not to mention beautifully sung and arranged. Okay, sorry, I'm rubbing it in now! :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 07:37 AM
One of the strengths of this board is that we all have such a diverse taste in the music our boys play and can freely discuss this without others taking offence!

Similarly we can discuss our favourites of the lads without anyone taking offence either!

No in fairness we all have our favourites! And everyone appreciates that!

Glenn :heart: Glenn :heart: Glenn :heart: Glenn :heart: Glenn :heart: Glenn :heart:

Mrs Frey
01-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Er... GA... now who is your favourite again? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 11:11 AM
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: thats a hard one MF!

Brooke
01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight. It just doesn't appeal to me as much as the others.

01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Boy, do I feel really unpopular right now! :( That's the last time I break a tie!

Oh Katherine - that okay. Feel free to break ties in the future. However, you must remember that we went very easy on you since you are new to the game. Next time, we'll really play rough!!!!
:saberfight: :machinegun: :lightsaber:

And now that justice apparently will be done and it looks like Already Gone is already gone, I'll vote strategically.

I cast my vote for Waiting In the Weeds.

:weep: :weep: :weep:

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
God! Dreamer! I'd hate to get on your wrong side!

01-15-2008, 07:14 PM
In case there is any misunderstanding, of course, I meant my last post as a joke. Really, I would never hurt anyone. No really, I wouldn't. :D :D :D

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
I know you wouldn't Dreamer! And I'm sure you don't have a 'Wrong Side'

01-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I know you wouldn't Dreamer! And I'm sure you don't have a 'Wrong Side'

So true, GA. So true.

:D :wink: :twisted:

sodascouts
01-15-2008, 08:59 PM
The third song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars Already Gone. “Already Gone,” now you’ll have to eat your lunch all by yourself. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Already Gone – 7
Waiting in the Weeds – 5
Heartache Tonight – 2

Vote Breakdown
Already Gone – timfan
Already Gone – Freypower
Already Gone – EasyFeeling
Already Gone – DonFan
Already Gone – Maleah
Already Gone – glenneaglesfan
Already Gone – rcknalwys
Waiting in the Weeds – sodascouts
Waiting in the Weeds – Mrs. Frey
Waiting in the Weeds – scottside
Waiting in the Weeds – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11
Lyin’ Eyes 1/13
Already Gone 1/15

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Desperado
Hotel California
Heartache Tonight
Waiting in the Weeds

Voting for round 4 begins now.

Freypower
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Getting in early, as usual, I cast my vote for Waiting In The Weeds.

This has the potential to be one of the band's best loved songs, but it is far too early for me to say it's better than the other remaining songs here.

Maleah
01-16-2008, 12:14 AM
same for me FP.......therefore

I cast my vote for Waiting in the Weeds

DonFan
01-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Crap! I love ALL these songs!

With great reluctance, I cast my vote for Waiting in the Weeds.

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2008, 03:08 AM
I too cast my vote for 'Waiting in the Weeds'. Its a good song but hasn't had a chance to stand the test of time like the other songs have. But after this its gonna get tough!!

Mrs Frey
01-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Boy, do I feel really unpopular right now! :( That's the last time I break a tie!

Oh Katherine - that okay. Feel free to break ties in the future. However, you must remember that we went very easy on you since you are new to the game. Next time, we'll really play rough!!!!
:saberfight: :machinegun: :lightsaber:

And now that justice apparently will be done and it looks like Already Gone is already gone, I'll vote strategically.

I cast my vote for Waiting In the Weeds.

:weep: :weep: :weep:

Dreamer, this post and your subsequent responses to GA really amused me! :lol: I also play rough - with shoes, apparently! :rofl:

Mrs Frey
01-16-2008, 04:14 AM
The third song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars Already Gone. “Already Gone,” now you’ll have to eat your lunch all by yourself. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Soda, this is one of my favourite lines from an Eagles song, and you've used it so cleverly and effectively here! Brilliant!!!

Mrs Frey
01-16-2008, 04:18 AM
I really wish I didn't have to vote for any of these songs, but what can one do? The DECISIONS us Eagles fans have to make. :sigh:

I cast my vote once again for "Waiting In The Weeds". :weep: :weep: :weep: I'm running out of tissues...

GA, you made a good point about this song not yet having had a chance to stand the test of time. I have no doubt that it will, though.

EasyFeeling
01-16-2008, 06:25 AM
I hate to see Waiting In The Weeds is going to be voted off. :evil: :evil:

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I really wish I didn't have to vote for any of these songs, but what can one do? The DECISIONS us Eagles fans have to make. :sigh:

I cast my vote once again for "Waiting In The Weeds". :weep: :weep: :weep: I'm running out of tissues...

GA, you made a good point about this song not yet having had a chance to stand the test of time. I have no doubt that it will, though.

Oh I've no doubt that it will as well as many of the other fine songs on the new album :D

scottside
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
I vote for Waiting In The Weeds.

sodascouts
01-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Employing some strategy....

rcknalwys
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't vote off WITW, despite it being a new song. Please, no rough stuff :fear: , I just love WITW.
While I can see it's too late to save it this round, I'm not going to vote it off yet, so in my own bit of strategy, I'm going to vote for TIE this round.

I cast my vote for Take It Easy

Brooke
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
ACK! TIE? :fingerwag: :nope:

Now I'm gonna have to get out the big guns! TIE is just my all time favorite Eagles song EVER!

So...... :sword: :saberfight: And if that doesn't do it..... :machinegun:

:twisted:

WITW is probably going down :weep: so.....

My vote is for Heartache Tonight, again!

timfan
01-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I cast my vote for Desperado

katherine5832
01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
In case there is any misunderstanding, of course, I meant my last post as a joke. Really, I would never hurt anyone. No really, I wouldn't. :D :D :D

No hard feelings here. But I am preparing for a battle...

Although it's fruitless in this round, I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight - again.

glenneaglesfan
01-17-2008, 07:41 AM

01-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, I'm assuming that Waiting In the Weeds will be eliminated this round. It is a gorgeous song, but I agree it is too new to be given the same status as these other songs that still resonate after 35 years. I am hopeful that one day WITW will be in the same company with these other classic songs because it is an amazing song. But, since WITW probably does not need my vote ...

sodascouts
01-17-2008, 09:00 PM
The fourth song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars is Waiting in the Weeds. “Waiting in the Weeds,” your dream is over. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Waiting in the Weeds – 6
Desperado – 5
Heartache Tonight – 2
Take It Easy – 1

Vote Breakdown
Waiting in the Weeds – Freypower
Waiting in the Weeds – Maleah
Waiting in the Weeds – DonFan
Waiting in the Weeds – Mrs. Frey
Waiting in the Weeds – scottside
Desperado – EasyFeeling
Desperado – sodascouts
Desperado – timfan
Desperado – Ive always been a dreamer
Take It Easy – rcknalwys

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11
Lyin’ Eyes 1/13
Already Gone 1/15

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Desperado
Hotel California
Heartache Tonight

Voting for round 5 begins now.

Freypower
01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
It's nice being first again!

So THAT's how you bold text in Firefox. :?

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 02:22 AM
I love "Waiting In The Weeds", even though I voted for it, and I'm sorry to see it go. :cry:

My next vote is going to be even harder and I'm probably going to get a few bullets and laser beams coming my way :wink: with my choice. However, I cast my vote for "Hotel California".
:shock: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Sorry, I just love the remaining songs too much. The next rounds are going to be an absolute nightmare! <sniff>

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2008, 06:08 AM
You won't be getting bullets and laser beams from me MF, as I too cast my vote for Hotel California, although its more a strategic vote than a desire to see this song go!

timfan
01-18-2008, 09:06 AM

scottside
01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
I vote for Hotel California.

DonFan
01-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I can't believe there are votes for Hotel California already! :shock: I regard that song as a masterpiece--for the music, the lyrics, the vocals, the mood it evokes. It was a ground-breaking song when it was first played on the radio and remains so, even today.

For me, for this round, I must choose between Take It Easy and Heartache Tonight. Both are infectious, upbeat songs that I adore.

I hate to do this, but I vote for Take It Easy.

rcknalwys
01-18-2008, 10:46 AM
WITW is gone :cry: Ok, ok, I understand the reasoning so I won't quibble. But once again, I cast my vote for TIE.

glenneaglesfan
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
I can't believe there are votes for Hotel California already! :shock: I regard that song as a masterpiece--for the music, the lyrics, the vocals, the mood it evokes. It was a ground-breaking song when it was first played on the radio and remains so, even today. I quite agree with you DF, and it's probably the only song that non-fans can name.

For me, for this round, I must choose between Take It Easy and Already Gone. Both are infectious, upbeat songs that I adore. Hasn't Already Gone already gone? :wink: (Ok, I'll just get my coat!)

Boy, this round is going to be close.

katherine5832
01-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm so passionate about this round that I'm doing this from work! Shhh! Don't tell anyone! I hate to sacrifice Hotel California, but to save Desperado, I must cast my vote for Hotel California. It's killing me to do so (especially when I really want to vote off Heartache Tonight ) This is only going to get harder...

Brooke
01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Now this is just plain wierd! How can anyone vote off Hotel CA already? :shock: I must agree with DF here.

I just can't see how HT compares to the remaining three. But that's just my opinion. :?

I cast my vote, again, for Heartache Tonight.

DonFan
01-18-2008, 11:54 AM
For me, for this round, I must choose between Take It Easy and Already Gone. Both are infectious, upbeat songs that I adore. Hasn't Already Gone already gone? :wink: (Ok, I'll just get my coat!)

Oops! I meant to say Heartache Tonight instead of Already Gone!

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Its called 'Strategic voting'. But sometimes I suppose the strategy gets in the way of the real voting! I was thinking HC would be in competition with the one I wanted to win in the final round, and if it came to a tie my vote here would help. Its not that I actually wanted to see it go!

01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
OMG - I have to agree with DF here. There is no way that Hotel California should be voted off here, IMO. As has been stated, Hotel California is probably the best known Eagles song (although I admit Take It Easy may be close). Everything about this song is incredibly awesome - and the lyrics and guitar solos are among the best ever in the history of rock 'n roll. This song had such a social impact when it was released that it was literally being discussed all over the world. The cultural significance of this song puts it at a level that few others have achieved. That's why it is considered one of the best song ever written. Let's form a coalition to save Hotel California.

Even though it is a very awesome song itself, vote for Desperado.

Perfect Little Sister
01-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't know how y'all can do this. It's like choosing which one of my children I love best. LOL

katherine5832
01-19-2008, 02:11 AM
I don't know how y'all can do this. It's like choosing which one of my children I love best. LOL

Isn't that the truth? I felt a little guilty choosing Hotel California to try to save Desperado, but I just can't let Desperado go... Frankly, I can't believe Heartache Tonight is still in the running (although Brooke and I tried our hardest to get rid of it).

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2008, 04:51 AM

LOL! PLS! Thats Exactly what it feels like! Every song has its own merits and it is just so hard to choose!

01-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I just can't see how HT compares to the remaining three. But that's just my opinion. :?

I guess it's a testament to the quality of all of these songs how strongly we feel about them and how each of us has attached ourselves to them in different ways. Brooke, IMO, Heartache Tonight is the second best Eagles song ever. But as I already said, I totally agree with you about Hotel California - it is incomparable.

And PLS - I understand how you feel, but it must be done for the sake of the game. :D :D

Brooke
01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
You're right, dreamer. We all have our favorites.

And yes, it's very hard to vote some of these off. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! :wink: :lol:

sodascouts
01-19-2008, 08:49 PM
OK - comin' down to the wire! I love the song, but something has to go...

sodascouts
01-19-2008, 09:04 PM
The fifth song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars is Desperado. “Desperado” – there’s the gate. Please get down from the fence and leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Desperado – 5
Hotel California – 4
Take It Easy – 2
Heartache Tonight – 1

Vote Breakdown
Desperado – Freypower
Desperado – timfan
Desperado – Ive always been a dreamer
Desperado – sodascouts
Hotel California – Mrs. Frey
Hotel California – Glennsallnighter
Hotel California – scottside
Hotel California – katherine5832
Take It Easy – DonFan
Take It Easy – rcknalwys

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11
Lyin’ Eyes 1/13
Already Gone 1/15
Desperado 1/19

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Hotel California
Heartache Tonight

Voting for round 6 begins now.

timfan
01-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Now this is getting REALLY hard! but...

I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight

Maleah
01-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Wow....I totally can't believe that Desperado went before Heartache Tonight....or really even Take It Easy.

I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight.........as much heartache as it gives me :(

DonFan
01-20-2008, 12:16 AM
:weep: Desperado gone? Oh no! :weep:

That breaks my heart.

So, now I must vote for Heartache Tonight.

Glennsallnighter
01-20-2008, 06:18 AM
This really is getting difficult now :hmm: :ack:

Well I know what I want to win, so with this in mind I cast my vote in this round for 'Hotel California'

glenneaglesfan
01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, I'm not going to risk a tactical vote this time!

I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight

scottside
01-20-2008, 10:40 AM

EasyFeeling
01-20-2008, 11:21 AM
:evil: I've missed the last round.

This is very hard... I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight, phew! :shock:

rcknalwys
01-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Looks like Heartache Tonight is going this time. I hate to see this one go, my kids and I love to sing this one together so it evokes a lot of great memories for me. Actually, each one of these songs do, we used to drive about 225 miles round trip to take my daughter to a specialist and we'd sing all the Eagles songs all the way there and back. Anyways, I am going to stick with my last round's choice:

I cast my vote for TIE

Glennsallnighter
01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Looks like Heartache Tonight is going this time. I hate to see this one go, my kids and I love to sing this one together so it evokes a lot of great memories for me. Actually, each one of these songs do, we used to drive about 225 miles round trip to take my daughter to a specialist and we'd sing all the Eagles songs all the way there and back. Anyways, I am going to stick with my last round's choice:

I cast my vote for TIE

We don't tend to travel distances that long, but other than that it sounds exactly like our car now!

Freypower
01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Heartache Tonight has a great deal of personal significance for me. The song rocks.

I cast my vote for Take It Easy.

katherine5832
01-20-2008, 09:40 PM
:weep: Desperado gone? Oh no! :weep:

That breaks my heart.

So, now I must vote for Heartache Tonight.

I feel your pain, DF!

sodascouts
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Looks like HT is going down hard! Time for strategy!

I cast my vote for Hotel California.

01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Okay - As sad as it is for me to see Heartache Tonight go down, I'm really not surprised. I guess I will vote strategically as well ...

I cast my vote for Take It Easy.

Geez - this really does feel like having to decide which one of your kids you love best! :shock: :cry:

Brooke
01-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Time for strategy.

sodascouts
01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
The sixth song to be eliminated from Survivor All-Stars is Heartache Tonight. “Heartache Tonight”, looks like you’ve come undone. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Heartache Tonight – 7
Hotel California – 3
Take It Easy – 3

Vote Breakdown
Heartache Tonight – timfan
Heartache Tonight – Maleah
Heartache Tonight – DonFan
Heartache Tonight – glenneaglesfan
Heartache Tonight – scottside
Heartache Tonight – EasyFeeling
Hotel California – Glennsallnighter
Hotel California – SodaScouts
Hotel California – Brooke
Take It Easy – rcknalwys
Take It Easy – Freypower
Take It Easy – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11
Lyin’ Eyes 1/13
Already Gone 1/15
Desperado 1/19
Heartache Tonight 1/21

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Hotel California

Alright! We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all. Once again...

Vote for the song you want to win.

Voting for the final round begins now!

sodascouts
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
It's a hard decision - both are emblematic Eagles songs. Both are worthy of winning.

But I'm gonna have to agree with Glenn - when he was asked which songs he would put into a time capsule, the first one he named was:

TAKE IT EASY

...for the win!

timfan
01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I cast my vote for Take it Easy for the WIN!!!

Freypower
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Seriously.... I love Take It Easy. But Hotel California is the ultimate Eagles song.

I vote for Hotel California to win.

katherine5832
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
I love them both, but I'll have to vote for Take It Easy for the win, although I think Desperado should have been the winner. :sigh:

Brooke
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I have to vote for my all time favorite Take It Easy. It's just such a great feel good song. I smile every time I hear it.

Nothing against Hotel California. I love it too and I know it's amazing, but I've found a place to make my stand..... :nod: :lol:

DonFan
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Seriously.... I love Take It Easy. But Hotel California is the ultimate Eagles song.

I vote for Hotel California to win.

You are absolutely right, FP!

I vote for HOTEL CALIFORNIA for the win.

Maleah
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Hotel California for the win!

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Good grief, I missed two rounds. It wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome, though. "Heartache Tonight" has been voted off! :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :cry: :( <sniff>

I'm devastated. I'll have to get over it, though, :wink: and vote for

"Take It Easy" for the win!

I love "Hotel California", but not as much as the Eagles' signature tune, IMHO.

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Well its easy enough in the final round for me. Take it Easy IMHO embodies everything that is quintessentially Eagles. It is one of their oldest songs and is an anthem. I just feel so good when I listen to it preferably driving fast with the radio on loud and the windows down!

Therefore I vote for 'Take it Easy' for the win.

EasyFeeling
01-22-2008, 05:24 AM
I love Hotel California, but I vote for Take It Easy.

scottside
01-22-2008, 09:31 AM
I, too, cast my vote for TAKE IT EASY. It's the first Eagles song I ever heard and it just blew me away whenever it came on the radio back in 1972....still does!

Freypower
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Good grief, I missed two rounds. It wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome, though. "Heartache Tonight" has been voted off! :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :cry: :( <sniff>

I'm devastated. I'll have to get over it, though, :wink: and vote for

"Take It Easy" for the win!

I love "Hotel California", but not as much as the Eagles' signature tune, IMHO.

I think a lot of people would regard Hotel California as the band's signature tune. I'm very surprised by the votes in this round so far.

Brooke
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
TIE is the bands signature tune or anthem for me, too. With HC coming a very close second.

For me, it's not about the "ground breaking music" and "concept" of the song. It's just the overall song itself. And probably the fact that it's the first one I ever heard from them, loved it and knew it years before HC was even written.

EasyFeeling
01-23-2008, 11:59 AM
I think a lot of people would regard Hotel California as the band's signature tune. I'm very surprised by the votes in this round so far.

I do, but I just like Take It Easy better, I always vote for a song which I like most no matter who sings lead or whatever. :wink:

01-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree that these songs are the two songs that are most closely associated with the Eagles. Both songs are awesome and either is deserving of victory. I have said before that my favorite song is not always what I consider to be the best song. My actual favorite Eagles song may be Heartache Tonight, but there are so many great ones that it is hard to say for sure. However, in this game, since all of the songs are great songs, I am going with the one that I feel is most deserving of the win based on its legendary status and cultural significance - since it is considered to be one of the best songs in the history of rock 'n roll ...

Freypower
01-23-2008, 05:44 PM

I do, but I just like Take It Easy better, I always vote for a song which I like most no matter who sings lead or whatever. :wink:

Precisely. And I prefer Hotel California because it's a better song.

I wanted to bold EF's 'no matter who sings lead or whatever' to emphasise that, but I can't. If I highlight the text or if I hit 'b' before the text, the [/b]
appears after my own text.

rcknalwys
01-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Many people see TIE as the signature song of the Eagles, but for an enormous amount of people, HC is THE signature song. There are an awful lot of people out there who never heard of the Eagles until HC, and many of them would be hardpressed to name anything they did prior to HC, sad as that seems to me. Even teens today who listen to nothing but HipHop love HC and have no idea who the Eagles are. Like Dreamer, my favorite may not be HC and that favorite may change from day to day, but the significance of HC has made it an icon in music history and for that reason

I cast my vote for Hotel California

sodascouts
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
And the winner of Eagles Song Survivor All-Stars, the best of the best, the top of the tops, the Eagles song of Eagles songs is.....

TAKE IT EASY!

Votes
Take It Easy – 8
Hotel California – 5

Vote Breakdown
Take It Easy – SodaScouts
Take It Easy – timfan
Take It Easy – katherine5832
Take It Easy – Brooke
Take It Easy – Mrs. Frey
Take It Easy – Glennsallnighter
Take It Easy – EasyFeeling
Take It Easy – scottside
Hotel California – Freypower
Hotel California – DonFan
Hotel California – Maleah
Hotel California – Ive always been a dreamer
Hotel California – rcknalwys

Songs eliminated:
Get Over It 1/11
Lyin’ Eyes 1/13
Already Gone 1/15
Desperado 1/19
Heartache Tonight 1/21
Hotel California 1/23

Congrats, TAKE IT EASY!

To celebrate,

Listen to the Eagles doing Take It Easy live at:

Oklahoma City 2002
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/TakeItEasyOKC2002.mp3

Watch them perform it live:
Central Park 1972
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/TakeItEasyCentralPark72.wmv

California Jam 1974
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/tiecaliforniajam.wmv

And if you care to hop over to YouTube...

BBC 1973:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9WBhum_oc

Holland 1973:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ6BzBg5P1k

HFO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4dwj1I1GXM

Farewell 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbzB-GTYT0

Hope you enjoyed the game. Thanks for playing, everybody!

Freypower
01-23-2008, 11:52 PM
A surprise result. Does this mean another screenshot history? You know it does... give me some time....

01-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Congratulations to Tie It Easy - it is definitely a great definitive song for the band as is Hotel California.

EasyFeeling
01-24-2008, 04:52 AM
True Dreamer!
Congratulation to Take It Easy! :D

glenneaglesfan
01-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Congratulations to Take It Easy!!

This is one of the greatest feel-good songs ever. I missed the vote and would have been hard pressed to pick the winner, though I think in the end I would have chosen Hotel California, as for me it is their masterpiece.

Thanks for those links, Soda, and FP, I'm looking forward to your screenshots!

Glennsallnighter
01-24-2008, 07:02 AM
While I would agree Hotel California is indeed a masteroiece I just see Take it Easy as being one of the greatest musical anthems there it. So congratulations to Take it Easy.

Looking forward to the screenshot history FP :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Congratulations to "Take It Easy"!!! :yay:

My personal favourite is "Heartache Tonight" (Dreamer, we have something in common there, girl! :D ), but the winner is one of my favourites too, so no complaints this side! :D :D :D

I love "Hotel California", and yes, it is indeed a masterpiece, but I voted for the song that thrills me the most, which in this case is "Take It Easy".

DonFan
01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Congratulations to Tie It Easy - it is definitely a great definitive song for the band as is Hotel California.

Tie It Easy? Talk about a visual--that gives the song a whole 'nother meaning! :wink:

Brooke
01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Congrats to Take It Easy! :yay:

And I still love HC, it's just that "feel good feeling" I get when I hear TIE that does it for me. And Glenn's gorgeous vocal. And those absolutely beautiful old screenshots over in Frey Fever! :wink: :heart:

katherine5832
01-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Good choice TIE voters! Take It Easy, to me, just screams "EAGLES!" Yes, Hotel California is arguably their most critically acclaimed song and perhaps most lyrically artistic (or would that be artistically lyrical? :hmm: ) and the one non-Eagles fans identify with them, but TIE just has that certain vibe: the harmonizing, the country/rock flavor, the upbeat sound, and - not to sound like a purist, because I've loved all of the incarnations of the group - it was (to quote Glenn) "how it all got started."

So, when's our next Survivor round? :D

01-25-2008, 01:04 AM

Tie It Easy? Talk about a visual--that gives the song a whole 'nother meaning! :wink:

It sure does - maybe we could suggest to the band that the name be permanently changed.
:D :D :D

sodascouts
01-25-2008, 01:44 AM

We'll do Don's "Actual Miles" in a couple weeks!

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up on that Soda! :thumbsup: I'll get a copy before then

DonFan
01-25-2008, 10:07 AM

We'll do Don's "Actual Miles" in a couple weeks!

Yay--excellent choice. :thumbsup: