PDA

View Full Version : Best Wishes, Deacon, for Classic Shows

FreyFollower
07-13-2017, 06:01 PM
I will admit that I believe Eagles ended with Glenn's passing, and I wish they weren't doing these shows. But they are. I still love these people like kinfolks. This, however, is about Deacon. I don't expect him to be a clone of his dad. There is much residual love for him, in the same way you love a dear friend's children and want good things for them.
I don't know if Deacon reads The Border, but if I were him I would, wouldn't you? Many have said as much, but I had the idea of an "encouragement thread" for him to help chase away the butterflies. If someone feels this is inappropriate, feel free to remove it.
So I start by saying: Break a Leg!...Knock 'Em Dead!...W-0-0-0-H-0-0-0!!, and G0-0-0-0 DEACON!!!

New Kid In Town
07-13-2017, 06:22 PM
FF - Well said. I to wish they were not doing this. But,like you said they are. I wish nothing but the best for Deacon. He and Cindy, Taylor and Otis have been through so much. I"m sure Don, Joe and Tim will be there for him to help and look out for him. So - GOOD LUCK DEACON !

Delilah
07-13-2017, 06:38 PM
What a nice idea for a thread, FF. My guess is that Deacon probably doesn't read this board, but just in case he does--Best wishes and Good Luck, Deacon!! There are a lot of fans rooting for you and the band!

LuvTim
07-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Yes, Deacon, best wishes for you and the band. Wishing you lots of fun!

buffyfan145
07-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Best of luck Deacon and the band!!! :D

WalshFan88
07-14-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm against the Eagles continuing with every fiber of my being, but I also wish the best for Deacon. I hope it propels him into his own success and creates his own music. I'd buy it. ;) I think Deacon will be very nervous, but I think he'll do fine.

Glennsallnighter
07-14-2017, 06:31 PM
I too am against the resumption of the band under any form but I do wish Deacon Frey all the best as he attempts to follow in his fathers footststeps. I'm sure he will do Glenn :heart: proud

maryc2130
07-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Best wishes to Deacon and all the guys!

travlnman2
07-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Good luck Deacon :band:

sodascouts
07-14-2017, 11:41 PM
Best wishes to Deacon.

I've already gotten to see him perform on three different occasions:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyRoxy02Deacon.jpg

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyBD-MBL-2008-26.jpg

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyHOB2010Deacon01.jpg

That was a while back now... but I have a feeling he'll do just fine.

FreyFollower
07-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Beautiful photos, Soda. Wonderful memories to reflect upon.

Roey
07-15-2017, 09:25 PM
They are beautiful photos. Somewhere on this Board is a photo of Deacon at a basketball game smiling and having fun with his friends while Glenn was looking at Deacon and smiling. I always thought that was a sweet photo.

Deacon should be in goods hands with his Dad's band mates supporting him. With his DNA and all he learned and observed from his father not to mention the strength and determination he might draw from the memory of Glenn, I bet he does great.

Best wishes !!!!!!!!

Glennsallnighter
07-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Lovely photos of Deacon playing with Glenn :heart:. Great that you got to see them play together Soda.

shunlvswx
07-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Deacon did such a great job on Saturday. He said he was nervous, but I couldn't tell. I know it was hard and a little stressful to do what he did on Saturday, but he did a great job.

I forgot to send best wishes for Deacon this past weekend, but I will for the 29th.

Brooke
07-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Well, from the parts that I saw, Deacon was calm, cool and collected. He did just awesome! I know that Glenn would have been very proud.

When I watch one of the videos, which are being blocked as we speak, I feel like I'm in a timewarp. At first glance, it's 70's Glenn with the current bandmates! It's almost startling! :heart:

New Kid In Town
07-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Deacon did great Saturday. Best wishes for the 29th Deacon. :guitar::rockguitar::rockon: