PDA

View Full Version : London, England 3-20-08

sodascouts
03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Eyewitness report from GA on first half!

-------------------

Don't mind the crappy review earlier this week! ITS FABULOUS!

Set list part 1
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run

Main points!

The boys came out in black suits for the first half! Just like the BBF video!
We were allowed take as many pics as we wanted. Obviously my camera is working overtime! Some pics are better than others. I'll send a collection of the best!

They were all in fine voice and seemed to be loving it!

Laura got a wave from Timmy right at the very start!

We are sure that Glenn looked at us on at least 2 occasions. On one in particular I was just reeling from the 'hey Glenn definitely looked at me!' When MF said 'he's seen us'

2nd half about to start now! I'll get in touch after!

Love
All of us!

Brooke
03-20-2008, 07:12 PM
8) 8) 8) :yay: :blueblob:

sodascouts
03-20-2008, 08:13 PM
And the second part from GA!

---------------------------------

It's quite late now but it's been a fantastic night. We'll give a proper review in a few days but for now I'll just send the set list for part 2.

No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Take It to the Limit
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Walk Away
Witchy Woman
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to Do Is Dance

Take It Easy
Desperado!

Gaps indicate 2 encores!
Gonna go! Train just coming!

sodascouts
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
This is a great setlist! I do miss Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone - I'd put those in place of Witchy Woman and The Long Run - but I'm so glad they have so many new songs. The only new song which I wish was there that isn't is What Do I Do With My Heart. Perhaps that's difficult to sing, like NKIT, though.

:: crossing my fingers that nothing is dropped before the HRC Park show I'm going to ::

timfan
03-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I LOVE the new set list!

My only disapointment is that they aren't playing Tequila Sunrise, but somehow I had a feeling they would drop TS. We can always hope they add it later on!! :)

Maleah
03-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!!! I am so stinkin' happy and excited!!!!!!!!!! They kept almost all of my favorites AND sang most of my fav.'s from the new album!!! Oh I'm so happy for GA and Mrs. F! Can you imagine how she (Mrs. F) felt after seeing Glenn for the very first time live? :D YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

timfan
03-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Can you imagine how she (Mrs. F) felt after seeing Glenn for the very first time live? :D YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

and how timtot must have felt getting a good ole wave from Timmy!! He is soo sweet! I bet it made her night! :D

Maleah
03-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Yes! We musn't forget about TimTot! How adorable! Timmy is such a sweetheart :D

EasyFeeling
03-21-2008, 05:33 AM
Good morning, ladies :D Right after getting out of bed I rushed here to look for any news... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :yay: :yay: :yay:
Wow, I'm more than happy about the new set list, so many songs from the new album. I'm glad to see they didn't drop TIE. Although I would love to see Joe doing LGTIT instead of GOTC... one cannot have everything. :wink:

So cool GA gave you a first report, Soda. :partytime: And how great Timtot got a wave from Timmy. :D As Maleah said I would have loved to see MF's face when she saw Glenn for the first time on stage. 8) Those lucky girls... sitting in 2nd row, so close. I bet they had a hard time to get their eyes off Glenn. :wink:
Caaaaaaan't wait to hear more about that great night not to forget to look at some pictures. :D

glenneaglesfan
03-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Well, well, well. What a night!!!

You've already seen what a fantastic setlist, and oh my gosh they all looked utterly fabulous, wearing their black suits right through, but shedding the jackets in the second half. Glenn rolling up his sleeves during the band intros....sigh. They were all in superb voice, so that review of the rehearsal was rubbish.

More to follow, suffice to say it was one of the best nights of my life, and I think MF and GA may have got some rather good pics! Monique is next to me now, also posting!

Full report tomorrow.

Mrs Frey
03-21-2008, 07:00 AM
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

HOW'RE YA DOIN'? :D :D :D

I'm typing this from the hotel in London where I'm staying. I'm with GEF, and we both thought we'd pay you all a quick visit before we explore a very cold London for the rest of this Good Friday. Since I'm on that subject, I would like to wish you all a VERY HAPPY EASTER. May you all be blessed. I have missed so much on The Border since I went on leave from work, but hopefully I'll catch up when I return, as I don't have a lot of time now.

I have read some of your posts in this thread since the last time I was here and would like to thank you all for your good wishes for GA, GEF and myself. WE HAD AN UNBELIEVABLY GREAT TIME!!! I find it difficult right now to express myself adequately, since I got into bed at 03:00 (it is now 10:50 :shock: ), so I haven't had much sleep. Without giving anything away right now, I replayed certain moments in my head "over and over and over and over again" (and then I wonder why, I'm in the shape I'm in :D ) after I returned to my room, so it was difficult for me to settle down and get some badly needed sleep.

I made some mental notes, as well as notes in my notepad (I jotted down the setlist in alphabet soup format :wink: , and gave it to GA to e-mail to Soda during the interval and after the gig). I took the time to jot down notes while the spotlights were NOT on the boys (I didn't want to miss a significant expression, or an important movement, or change of instrument, you understand), and then while they were playing I just stared at them, and took photos, and more photos, and more photos (although I don't think I took as many as GA, since I have not yet gone digital - I ran out of film on two occasions, even though I had 36 exposure
films with me!). I just hope and pray that the photos come out okay. I was so happy that we could take some pictures!

Anyway, I don't want to give any more away until such time as I am able to compile my official review. GA will be returning to The Border before me, so you will be able to enjoy the evening from her viewpoint soon. As for me, I need to gather my thoughts, and put together facts, thoughts, views and emotions from the most exciting and special night of my life.

I CAN'T WAIT TELL YOU MORE!!!

samo
03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm even more excited now after hearing these first reports of the concert. I can't WAIT for May 20 when I go see these awesome guys in Atlanta

:P :P

Brooke
03-21-2008, 09:32 AM
This is so exciting! Thank you gals for filling us in as we are nearly beside ourselves waiting!

I'm sooooo happy for Timtot and that Glenn saw you! 8)

You all will be on Cloud 9 for days! Can't wait for more! :yay:

tbs fanatic
03-21-2008, 10:53 AM
WOW! Sounds amazing. Can't wait for more news from the frontline :D

freyfantastic61
03-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, well, well. What a night!!!

You've already seen what a fantastic setlist, and oh my gosh they all looked utterly fabulous, wearing their black suits right through, but shedding the jackets in the second half. Glenn rolling up his sleeves during the band intros....sigh. They were all in superb voice, so that review of the rehearsal was rubbish.

More to follow, suffice to say it was one of the best nights of my life, and I think MF and GA may have got some rather good pics! Monique is next to me now, also posting!

Full report tomorrow.

:D :D Hi GEF How fantastic to read your news,I can't wait for my turn 5days to go and I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see all the photo's luv FF61

Ive always been a dreamer
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
OMG - this is great that the girls were able to report to us "live". I just can't wait until we hear more details from them. GEF, GA, and MF, I am thrilled that you all had such a wonderful experience. Glad to hear that little "Timtot" got some attention from her chosen one, too. Ain't it great to be an Eagles fan!

And OBTW - I guess I'll just have to get use to seeing the guys in those suits. At least, it is refreshing to hear that Glenn "rolled up his shirt sleeves" at some point! :twisted:

sodascouts
03-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Lovely to hear from you ladies! Can't wait for more details.

Here's a review from Undercover:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=4334

There are photos, too, but I think they're all old.

sodascouts
03-21-2008, 05:17 PM
And here's one from the Times Online (http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/live_reviews/article3594135.ece) - it does have a new photo!

sodascouts
03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Some YouTube videos - you can't see anything, but you can listen to the audio at least.

Hotel California (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xQqR4nugU)

Desperado (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2KXrmvzWh8)

You can see the pretty backdrop here, at least:

Take It Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FplRBeT0iuE)

Claire
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Just to say goodbye to you all before I leave! I'm going to try to sleep now but I think it'll be difficult :D
I'll be back on Monday night, and I'll try to post a review as soon as possible! :wink:

sodascouts
03-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Wonderful - have fun!

Freypower
03-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, thank heavens there was a full length setlist. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts so far.

glenneaglesfan
03-22-2008, 02:22 PM
This is a transcript of what I wrote when I go back:

Well, it’s 01.40 and I should be trying to sleep but I am so full of this evening that I shall try and make some notes now. As I write, I have the news on TV and watching the awful floods in the US – I sincerely hope you are all safe.

The fun started on the train up. GA and I were texting each other, then MF managed to get to a phone box and we spoke for the first time. We agreed to meet at her hotel at 2.30. My train was half an hour late, but it was only a 20 minute walk to the hotel and we met as planned. More of our meeting later, as on to the concert!

The O2 is a great venue. Easy to get to and loads of restaurants and bars, all under the cover of the ‘infamous’ Dome. MF, GA & Timtot had gone to their ILAA reception, so after a walk around I found a bar playing LROOE and ordered a glass of wine. Listening to the album (especially track 4!) & sipping wine is a sublime experience.

6.45, and time to head to the arena. I took my seat next to a couple from Harlech (in Wales). Their son had bought them tickets as a surprise. My seat was wonderful – great unimpeded view of the stage and also of the big screen. We chatted about the Eagles and our children, then I spotted M G & T, in SECOND ROW CENTRE FRONT BLOCK!!!! I’ll leave it to them to tell you about what happened at the ILAA reception!

The concert was scheduled to start at 7.30, but it was 7.50 when the lights when down, the supporting players came on, and everyone started cheering. Then four figures made their way onto the stage, the lights came up and they launched off with ‘How Long’. I have to say they were spot on. If the CMT awards performance was good, this was much better – what a great opener. All four were in their BBF suits and looked fantastic. Glenn’s hair was slightly longer and softer… Next song was ‘Busy Being Fabulous…’ Oh boy…

At this point, the girl who had bought my spare ticket arrived. She was a New Zealander, living in London, and was very friendly and chatty, and a great companion to share an Eagles concert with!

Glenn greeted us and talked about LROOE, introducing Tim and Joe. Tim sang ‘I Don’t Want To Hear Any More’, and Joe did ‘Guilty Of The, Crime’. Straight after, the set went dark, and Chris Mostert did his trumpet solo straight into ‘Hotel California’ – Don in his suit and drumming, and Steuart and Joe outstanding on the guitar solo.

I didn’t know what to expect next. That rehearsal review last week suggested a reduced setlist. Imagine my joy hearing the opening chords of PEF!! Superb!! Next was ICTYW (my neighbour loved this). Steuart played Glenn’s guitar solo, while Glenn moved to piano. Don sung OOTN from his drums, then moved forward to sing BOS. This is the song I thought would get people up! Glenn introduced ‘Lyin Eyes. Everyone started to sing.. I was still wondering what would come up next! Don said ‘Roight’ in a perfect cockney accent, then they finished off the first half with what Don called ‘their theme song’ – ‘The Long Run’. More to follow…

sodascouts
03-22-2008, 02:58 PM
More YouTube - not good quality but oh well!

Clip of Lyin' Eyes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMH-tddN7Ls)

Clip of Take It Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71TbRL2-8cU)

sodascouts
03-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Sounds like the guys were playing and looking great (love it when Glenn's hair is a bit longer).

If they consider "the Long Run" their theme song, no wonder they keep it! Has Glenn finally dropped the "Plaintiff" joke when introducing Lyin' Eyes?

Can't wait for the next part, GEF!

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Has Glenn finally dropped the "Plaintiff" joke when introducing Lyin' Eyes?

No! But he got a bit of help this time! :blush:

sodascouts
03-22-2008, 03:32 PM
OK, Plaintiff joke going into 7th or 8th year now. Perhaps he views it as a trademark. ;)

Wretched quality, but someone captured Waiting in the Weeds! Put this is the "slightly better than nothing" category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxLcvDK-Dc

sodascouts
03-22-2008, 03:34 PM
While we're waiting, a fan review from Tania - GEF, you and I met her in Wales.

Tania's review (http://www.rockphiles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1432&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=9)

Freypower
03-22-2008, 05:44 PM
From what I could see and hear, they looked & sounded great. What a fantastic set! :shock:

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 06:27 PM
OK!
Now that the kids are finally asleep and hubby is at work I can finally go into some more uninterrupted detail.

I don't think there's much about the actual gig that I can add to whats has already been said but I'll give you some insight into the ILAA reception and also have a few pics to post.

Well as GEF said myself and herself were texting each other intermittently through the day and I was relieved when we finally managed to link up with MF as well. Nevertheless I was quite nervous as TT and I got off the train at North Greenwich. We were just so excited as we headed over to the ILAA desk where MF was waiting for us. We spent a short while catching up and chatting to each other until TT, MF and I thought we'd better make ourselves known to the ILAA people. We duly did and signed in, getting our laminated passes and headed up to the reception. I thought it would be packed but there were only about 15 people including ourselves. Then came the moment we'd been waiting 9 weeks for :nervous: :pace: :drummer: ....our tickets.

Well you can imagine our sheer joy when we realised we were in the second row :woah: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
I thought it wouldn't get any better until I texted GEF. She asked me what block and when I told her A2 this was her reply......
"Middle front! Brilliant"
Our hostess asked could she 'borrow' TT to help with the raffle. This kept TT occupied for about 20 minutes, as she pulled out tickets and checked at the tables and picked out prizes for the lucky winners. And guess who hit out the 'Jackpot'. Yep! MF!!!!
A SIGNED :blueblob: copy of the LROOE CD. Needless to say she was over the moon! We were given our 'special gift' of a diary with a leather cover embossed with the LROOE logo. The meal was surprisingly good quality and very tasty. And of course before we headed down to the gig I just had to follow Glenn :heart: 's advice with my credit card and took it to the limit with a gorgeous hoodie zipped fleece, a limited edition lithograph, T-shirts for myself and TT and a baseball cap for my son!
Well when I saw the seats we had I nearly flipped. Actually I think I DID flip! It was just so exciting to see how big that stadium was and to think that I was in row 2 RIGHT UNDER GLENN :heart: 'S MIC! I was near enough that if I had had anything with me that I could have thrown up to him he'd have caught it!
About 7:50pm the lights went down and we could see the lads coming out and taking their places in the dark. Imagine our excitement when MF and I saw Glenn :heart: come out. Woo Hoo Hoo! We realised that as anticipated they were indeed in their suits. Beautiful black jackets and pants with pristine white shirts and black ties. And how fabulous they looked. And Glenn.... :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
The lights came on, the music started and Glenn :heart: started the opening song..How Long. I turned TT to her left and said 'There's Tim', and she have him a beaming smile ....... omly to be rewarded with a wave from him.

Well GEF has pretty much recounted the first half of the gig but I really must point out a few things:

I had a feeling Glenn :heart: looked over at me early on in the first half but couldn't be sure. Then a little later (possibly during OOTN although MF may have to clarify this - I was too taken by the moment) he DEFINITELY made eye contact with us. And just as I was reeling from it and wondering if it had happened MF said to me 'He saw us! He definitely saw us'

I think at one earlier stage too Joe was looking at me and the expression on his face was 'Hey, I'm here too'. Now I could be imagining that, but I hadn't really expected any acknowledgement from any of them. So it came as a surprise.

MF took plenty of notes so I'm sure she will have a great review and with many more technical details than I have. As expected my eyes never left Glenn :heart: all night! I'm even more in love with him now than I was before (and I thought that would be impossible). I have to see a Glenn :heart: show on his own, and I have to meet him. Sometime!

Pics to follow!

timfan
03-22-2008, 06:47 PM
GA that is so AWESOME! :)

I am just sitting here grinning after reading your review! :D and TimTot how special it must have been for her; to get a wave from Tim. That's something she won't soon forget! . 8) Can't wait for the pics!! :P

How was Timothy's voice?

sodascouts
03-22-2008, 07:03 PM
How exciting for you - what great seats! Fabulous! Thanks for giving us your thoughts!

Brooke
03-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh wow! This is so incredible! I'm so happy for all of you and glad that you had the time of your lives. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks for all the clips Soda and for Eaglebabe's review, too! :D

This is so great! Now I want to go!

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
GA that is so AWESOME! :)

I am just sitting here grinning after reading your review! :D and TimTot how special it must have been for her; to get a wave from Tim. That's something she won't soon forget! . 8) Can't wait for the pics!! :P

How was Timothy's voice?

Timothy's voice was excellent. He sang 3 songs, IDWHA, and ICTYW in the first half and LWKUA during the second half.

And yes! TT was delighted :D She got a present of a boy doll from the hotel as we were leaving. She called it 'Timmy' :D

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 07:19 PM
These are probably the best of the pics that I managed to take. I had 2 suitable settings. One allowed a sharp image but the results were rather dull. The second allowed a much brighter picture but the images took longer to take making them softer or missing the crucial part. I've tried to match them up as best I can to what songs they were, but as all I was really watching was Glenn :heart: ........ and unfortunately I got some fabulous ones of him, only for the mic to block his mouth :roll: . Oh well! He is a singer!

Anyway, I did my best :wink: I'll try to edit a few more later in the week.

In no particular order:

2 pics of Glenn :heart: at the start, ie 'How Long'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Glennagain.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Glennearlyon.jpg

Timothy B Schmit singing 'I don't Wanna Hear Anymore'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/TimmySolo.jpg

Joe kicking off with 'Guilty of the Crime'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/JoeKicksoff.jpg

Brooke
03-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh Ga! This is just all fabulous! I'm so happy for all of you and that it all turned out so great!

Thanks so much for sharing all of it with us, all of you! I can almost see it all unfolding up on the big screen! :D :yay:

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Some more now from the first half:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/OOTNGlenn.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/GlennRedguitar.jpg

Joe doing 'In the City'
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Joeinthecity.jpg

Glenn :heart: just looks gorgeous in this one!
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00946.jpg

Better do a few for the Don fans :wink: He took the floor just before the interval, announced that they would do their 'Theme song' and sang it from the front
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/CuteoneofGlennandDon.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DonTimmy.jpg

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Some from the slower part of the second half, ie NMWIYW, NMCD, LWKUA, TITTL and LROOE! At this stage unfortunately I was beginning to worry about the stamina of my camera battery :(

No More Walks in the Woods. The lighting on the pic isn't great but the performance was spectacular.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00960.jpg

Waiting in The Weeds
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/GlennandDonWITW.jpg

No More Cloudy Days
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NMCD.jpg

And then a close up of Glenn :heart: doing the same! mmmmmm. If only that mic wasn't in the way :roll:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NMCD2.jpg

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 07:52 PM
And then MF and myself went wild as Glenn :heart: took off his jacket! :sigh: :spin: :inlove: :bow: :fainting: :fainted: and launched into 'Somebody'. Don and Tim also took off the jackets.

A few final images

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/3inarow.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Glenn-1.jpg

And there was just enough power with the battery icon flashing on empty to get one more......from Desperado!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00992.jpg

Oh and just to finish for the moment......

I :heart: Glenn Frey

sodascouts
03-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh my gosh! SO AWESOME! If it's OK with you, I'm gonna put some of these in the galleries.

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Of course its fine! I'll try to brighten up a few more as well.

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Not the finest pic ever by anyone's standards but I can't help thinking 'If only he'd had his head up'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00988-1.jpg

A bit soft, but one of the rare ones without the mic in the way

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Somebody.jpg

Now I'm off to find a good London Av!

DonFan
03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Oooooh my goodness! What a wonderful way to come back from my spring break trip! Those reviews and pictures are fabulous indeed!! 8) :smokin:
I just love them in their suits--they look so handsome! :smitten:
Thanks so much to everyone for sharing. Now I REALLY can't wait until I see the guys in Atlanta and Myrtle Beach!!

tbs fanatic
03-23-2008, 12:34 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! Now I'm thinking 'buy the ILAA tickets, don't worry that hubby will divorce you :twisted: ' :lol:

rcknalwys
03-23-2008, 01:44 PM
OH MY!!!! I can't believe how close you were to the stage! Wonderful pics, and the excitement! I'm so happy for TimTot, she must have been beside herself seeing Tim and getting his attention. Now I want ILAA passes too...but will probably spring for the Hard Rock park. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and pics.

freyfantastic61
03-23-2008, 02:55 PM
:D :applause: :applause: :spin:Hi! OMG!! fantastic reviews and gorgeous photos! Only 3 days to go until my turn and I am SO excited!love FF61

glenneaglesfan
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
OMG, GA!!! Pictures!!! :shock: :shock: :D

Thanks for your review, and Soda for those links. I wish I could have contacted Tanya again. That's a great review from her!

Here's the next episode:

Part 2

During the interval I went over to chat to the others, and NZ friend (Lisa) bought me a drink.

Second half started with all four seated on stools at the front of the stage with acoustic guitars singing No More Walks In The Woods, absolutely spot on. Breathtaking. Then came the introduction to Waiting In The Weeds…I excitedly told NZ Lisa what a great track this was – she hadn’t heard the new album. Don sung this superbly, and not one moment of the whole song was cut. Glenn then introduced “another from the new album” and sung No More Cloudy Days. His voice was just awesome the whole evening. By this time NZ Lisa had twigged that I was looking at him a lot and said how good he looked, and wondered how old he was, maybe early fifties? When I told her she said he must be using botox! Grr!!!

Timothy was next, and spoke to mention that Paul Carrack was in the audience, before singing Love Will Keep Us Alive. This was followed by Glenn’s Take It To The Limit, which got the crowd singing.

All went quiet, then came the dramatic introduction to Long Road Out Of Eden, Steuart playing the intro on guitar. It was Joe playing the guitar solo in the middle, much to our joy (MF and GA noticed this too!) What a privilege to hear this live, and then straight into Somebody, which rocked. Glenn was superb, and did his sinister crow imitation in the last verse.

Joe came centre stage to play Walk Away. This is one of the songs that stayed in my head in 2006 with his amazing guitar playing, and sounded as good as ever. Don next with Witchy Woman, back on his drums. By this time all the guys had shed their jackets.

Glenn stepped forward to do the band intros, and was rolling up his sleeves as he talked, a particularly HS&G moment! So much so I may have missed a new member in the band. Btw, Will Hollis was looking very good! After this, Glenn said “And now someone who needs no introduction!” and Joe went into Life’s Been Good. The backdrop was of old photos of the guys and clips from videos. Joe was seen hacking up a door, scenes from baseball and yachting, album covers, clips from Sexy Girl and Livin’ Right (Glenn shooting a hoop,,,) Joe did a bit of helmet cam with his new ‘windmill’ cap!

The beat stepped up for Dirty Laundry. I was thrilled to hear Glenn, Steuart and Joe doing their guitar solos. The crowd was up and dancing for this one. A backdrop of headlines (including one with a pic of Keith Urban!), the some spoof ones – TBS to star in next Harry Potter movie, GF wins the US Open, DH solves Global Warming!!

A very cute moment – Glenn and Joe came to the front – Joe played a lick, Glenn followed it, Joe played another, Glenn followed, and so on with each one getting a bit harder until Joe revved it right up, and Glenn just shrugged his shoulders! Joe did a vibrant Funk #49, Glenn followed with a triumphant Heartache Tonight and Don continued with Life In The Fast Lane – most of the crowd up and dancing by now. They left the stage and the crowd was roaring for more. Sure enough, back they came and to my utter delight we heard Rocky Mountain Way, and then All She Wants To Do Is Dance, so I knew then we’d get two encores. Glenn did a little dance in ASWTDID. Not for long, but enough for us to drool…Off they went again, and I left NZ Lisa and went forward to the ‘mosh pit’, only feet from the stage. The crowd still applauded, and they came back, as we really hoped they would, to sing Take It Easy, and then Don excelling on Desperado, inviting the crowd to fill in the words and holding the note on “too” longer than I’ve ever heard it, with a twinkle in his eye! Just magnificent.

We wandered out in a daze. I lost Monique and Lisa for a while, then found them at the merchandise stall. It was nearly midnight before we left the O2 for the station. Lisa and Laura went back to their hotel near Kings Cross – it was so nice to meet up with them and I wish we could have spent longer together. Monique and I eventually found our way back to our hotels, and planned to meet next day.

Brooke
03-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the rest of the story gef! It all just sounds amazing! :D

Glennsallnighter
03-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks for that too GEF! It pretty much sums it all up! You have a great memory for detail. The reason we got 'lost' from each other is that well.....6 year olds will always be 6 year olds and Laura needed the ladies......NOW! :roll:

I would have loved to have joined the girls the following day but unfortunately the 4 year old hadn't seen his mom in 24 hours so it would have been a little unfair to leave him and the 'better half' for another day.

Laura and I have already started the fund for the next gig!

And for those who are dithering between ILAA or not, well in financial terms its probably not worth it for what you get (believe it or not the face value of the ticket was still only £110!) but in real terms - ie proximity to the stage it is. I don't think I could ever see the boys on 'ordinary' tickets again!

sodascouts
03-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks so much for these reviews - what a delight to read them!

GA has sent me a couple videos and I'll upload them for your enjoyment. She got the entirety of Witchy Woman and the band intros as well.

sodascouts
03-23-2008, 08:41 PM
OK guys - here they are!

Band Intros - good close-ups here! StephUK - Will Hollis is shown! ;)

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/multimedia/live/BandIntrosLondon2008.wmv

Witchy Woman - all band members are shown - more wide angles - song in its entirety! GA - is that your little girl singing along during the first part? She sounds absolutely precious singing "Sparks fly from her fingertips."

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/multimedia/live/WitchyWomanLondon2008.wmv

Thanks GA! Wish my digital camera had your kind of zoom!

Glennsallnighter
03-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I will have to admit......yes :roll: I had to silence her but she had the good grace to appreciate what I was doing!

Glennsallnighter
03-23-2008, 09:02 PM

The zoom is standard enough Soda! It wasn't an expensive camera! I think it was more where we were sitting was particularly good for filming from. My only regret was not doing it sooner and getting a few more songs. Unfortunately the camera battery had all but died by TIE! Now that would have been a coup IMHO!

sodascouts
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM

The zoom is standard enough Soda! It wasn't an expensive camera! I think it was more where we were sitting was particularly good for filming from. My only regret was not doing it sooner and getting a few more songs. Unfortunately the camera battery had all but died by TIE! Now that would have been a coup IMHO!

Really! I've had a hard time finding a digital camera that zooms while filming. Mine certainly doesn't, which makes all the videos I take crap, even if I've got a good seat (although I am too scared to film while visible to the band, lol). What kind of camera do you have?

Glennsallnighter
03-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Sony Cyber-shot T20. It has a 3x optical zoom. (Is that good? Anyone?)As I say when I bought it last year it wasn't particularly expensive and just seemed middle of the road. I was pleasantly surprised myself at how well the vids came out, but thought the pics rather disappointing. I only took it out when it became apparent that no one objected to photos being taken. A guy in fromt seemed to video the whole show! Lucky thing!

Freypower
03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
What a fantastic time you had! Thanks so much for sharing! The photos were wonderful.

Regarding ILAA, it does not exist in Australia, so when the band come here all I can hope for is the expensive tickets where you get access to a private bar, and that is it.

Edit: The video was fantastic! It was like I was there! And a SOLO in Witchy Woman?!

How long, how long before Australia?! :fainted: :band:

sodascouts
03-24-2008, 03:00 AM
Yes, how awesome was Glenn's solo?!

More YouTube treats - none as good as GA's though!

Recording by a cell phone from a long way away, the visual is not so hot... but if you want to just hear the audio, he does get the whole song.

Hotel California (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jxK0EPcFw)

Not good audio or sound quality, but I guess it's better than nothing, and you get to hear that most awesome guitar solo all the way to the end (even if it is a bit warbly):

Clip of Long Road Out of Eden (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIzKVPtxLQ)

Talk about buttoned up! These guys need to remove the jackets, remove the ties, and unbutton a couple buttons. Glenn and Don look like they just came back from church. Admittedly, they do look handsome in their suits, but still. Although as long as they sound good, I can't complain!

Glennsallnighter
03-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Talk about buttoned up! These guys need to remove the jackets, remove the ties, and unbutton a couple buttons. Glenn and Don look like they just came back from church. Admittedly, they do look handsome in their suits, but still. Although as long as they sound good, I can't complain!

I totally agree Soda! MF and I were discussing that point on the phone last night. We said that while they did indeed look very handsome, we freaked out when Glenn :heart: removed the jacket just before 'Somebody' but we too would have liked to see the ties go and a few buttons opened as well. In fairness though, he did look extremely sexy all evening. mmmmmm :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Brooke
03-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh wow, Ga! Your videos are awesome! How cool is it that you got these?! Thank you so much for sharing with us! :bow: :bow:

I loved watching Glenn roll up his sleeves during the intros and his solo in WW! :inlove:

And your daughter singing along is darling! Makes it all the more real! :D

The guys look very handsome in their suits, but I agree, they need to loosen it up a bit! :D

sodascouts
03-24-2008, 11:08 AM
The same guy who had Desperado (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjMvBIbVdt0) on YouTube did a couple others, giving us some good shots, and he gets the songs in their entirety.

How Long (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLJTucFDd7c)

I Don't Want to Hear Any More (includes intro from Glenn) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFq_jQmcAw)

Don is on drums in IDWHAM. Looks like he doesn't play guitar on all the new ones after all!

Hotel California (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJ6a0mBraI)

sodascouts
03-24-2008, 11:58 AM
This reviewer obviously loathed the Eagles before he set foot in the arena. His review is predictably nasty. Still, we can mock it. ;)

The Guardian's review (http://music.guardian.co.uk/live/story/0,,2267676,00.html)

DonFan
03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
GA, those are amazing videos! Thanks so much for sharing!

Soda, I just watched that Desperado video and it was fantastic too! Loved the gesture at the end for more applause! Too cute!

I am SO happy with the way this tour is starting out. I LOVE the suits. I love the way they start out looking so handsome and then shed the coats later and look even more handsome. When left to their own devices, the guys can make some dubious fashion choices, IMO--Don's plaid shirts & ugly brown shoes, Joe's really loud color combinations, Glenn's wing-tip shoes--c'mon, wing-tips with jeans? Actually, Timmy is the only one who always looks really good! How can you go wrong with tight jeans? 8) But anyway, the suits are great. I think it helps to set them apart from other "experienced" bands. What is a 60-something rock star supposed to wear, anyway? What Mick Jagger wears or what the Eagles wear? Eagles music is classic, and the guys' wardrobe is classic, too. They even got new matching suits for the Mighty Horns! Remember when they made them wear those awful black hats? :? Only one thing bothers me--these are indoor venues--will they continue to wear the suits in outdoor venues in the heat of the summer? :shock: Somehow I just can't see suits at the HRP, at least, not all the way through. We will see.

I also love the set list. I love the fact that they are playing LROOE in its entirety. Since this is the LROOE tour, I really wanted that. And WITW too! And I can't wait to see them all rock out on Somebody--I have loved that song from the beginning. Playing it in tandem with Witchy Woman is perfect, for that spooky, otherworldy vibe.

It's all good. I am happy-happy! :inlove:

tbs fanatic
03-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh GA - your little girl singing along is SO ADORABLE :nod:

Great job. Loving all of the reviews pics, and videos :D

glenneaglesfan
03-24-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not even going to read that. grr.

Wow, GA, I've just seen your videos. They are fabulous. It just brings everything flooding back!

I thought you might like to see the gang at the O2!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Eagles/London2008006.jpg

Merchandise. I know MF and I both bought the t-shirt on the right.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Eagles/London2008008.jpg

And my one pic of the Eagles, taken without flash, hence blurred, but you get the idea, and Glenn seems to be looking straight at me!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Eagles/London2008022.jpg

DonFan
03-24-2008, 01:27 PM
That is a wonderful picture of the four of you. I loved listening to GA's little girl singing along too. I know she will always remember that night!

Brooke
03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I am SO happy with the way this tour is starting out. I LOVE the suits. I love the way they start out looking so handsome and then shed the coats later and look even more handsome. When left to their own devices, the guys can make some dubious fashion choices, IMO--Don's plaid shirts & ugly brown shoes, Joe's really loud color combinations, Glenn's wing-tip shoes--c'mon, wing-tips with jeans? Actually, Timmy is the only one who always looks really good! How can you go wrong with tight jeans? 8) But anyway, the suits are great. I think it helps to set them apart from other "experienced" bands. What is a 60-something rock star supposed to wear, anyway? What Mick Jagger wears or what the Eagles wear? Eagles music is classic, and the guys' wardrobe is classic, too.

I see where you're coming from, DF. Really, what SHOULD they wear and make themselves look different from the last tour?

I love it that Don is playing drums on HC, but seeing a man in a suit singing that song....... :lol:

I cannot wait to see Somebody live! :yay:

tbs fanatic
03-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Love the pic of all of you guys. GA - Your little girl is so sweet.

StephUK
03-24-2008, 05:47 PM
OK guys - here they are!

Thanks, will check that out right away!!

Sorry I haven't yet got around to reporting from the Sat 22 show - too overcome at present. Have over 100 photo's - will post some soon when I have sorted out the best and checked what others have posted. My ILAA seat was 3rd row from stage,in block A2(middle block) seat 25, which is very slightly left of centre stage.

More soon

LOL
Steph

sodascouts
03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
YouTube again!

No More Walks in the Wood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHkXsdSMkJY)

Take It Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeLgcqR0Pc)

Glennsallnighter
03-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm not even going to read that. grr.

Wow, GA, I've just seen your videos. They are fabulous. It just brings everything flooding back!

Doesn't it just! I'm still suffering dreadful PGW. I'm not even going to share what I was thinking yesterday. Now I'm just trying to think out another date that I can do. In style!

I thought you might like to see the gang at the O2!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Eagles/London2008006.jpg

Merchandise. I know MF and I both bought the t-shirt on the right.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Eagles/London2008008.jpg

And my one pic of the Eagles, taken without flash, hence blurred, but you get the idea, and Glenn seems to be looking straight at me!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Eagles/London2008022.jpg

I bought that T-shirt also. I think its definitely the classiest of the lot. Oh and of course I also had to buy a small pink one for guess who........ :roll:
And YES! GEF, Glenn :heart: was definitely looking at you there.

Molly
03-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the reviews, pictures and videos, ladies! I'm so glad you all had such a fantastic time! It looks like you represented us well!

Glennsallnighter
03-24-2008, 07:33 PM
OK guys - here they are!

Thanks, will check that out right away!!

Sorry I haven't yet got around to reporting from the Sat 22 show - too overcome at present. Have over 100 photo's - will post some soon when I have sorted out the best and checked what others have posted. My ILAA seat was 3rd row from stage,in block A2(middle block) seat 25, which is very slightly left of centre stage.[/quote]

More soon

LOL
Steph[/quote]

Sounds like you got a great seat too Steph. Looking forward to seeing your pics too!

Glennsallnighter
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh GA - your little girl singing along is SO ADORABLE :nod:

I used this quote but on behalf of Timtot thanks to everyone for the compliments. She loved the show and is on with me to save up for another!

DonFan
03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
:rockguitar: :smokin: :rockguitar: :smokin: I just watched the YouTube clip of Somebody--it completely rocks! I love it!

:inlove: I love the clip of NMWITW too. :inlove:

These new songs are just unbelievable. *sigh*

katherine5832
03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Seriously, I can barely breathe, I'm so overcome with awe and excitement over your experiences at the London concerts. I watched the clips of HC, TIE and Desperado and I was literally in tears during Desperado. I can guarantee I will be that emotional at the concert too. I called my sister to tell her about watching the clip and crying and she thinks I'm raving mad! This is going to be a very difficult wait until I see them. My sister asked what would happen if I didn't get tickets and I just said, "Oh I will seem them. I will see them!"

Thank you all for posting your reviews, comments, pictures, videos and so on. I'm torn between watching more of the videos and waiting to be surprised. I know I definitely will not watch the videos of the new songs. Those I definitely want to experience live for the first time.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is their wardrobe. I really wish they had changed after the first half. I just don't like the matching wardrobe. But did I see Don's ugly brown shoes in one of the pics?? It was a pic of them sitting on the stools. Anyway, from what I could hear in the clips they sounded fantabulous! And the back drop was awesome. There's been a lot of talk about how good Glenn looked, but from what I could see, Don looked pretty darn good himself.

I cannot wait! I've already decided that I'm going to try to see as many shows as is feasible. I'm already planning on going to Vegas (if they perform there) with my mom and sister - they can gamble and I'll go see the show! I will go by myself if I have to. I think everyone who knows me will go once, but that's it. Is that pathetic that I'd go to a concert by myself??

Freypower
03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Finally! I'm having server problems and am finding it very difficult to post.

The Guardian review..... very sad. The Guardian is Britain's 'trendy leftie' newspaper. I share the politcs but a band like the Eagles are far too politically incorrect for it. That review does not reflect what I've seen of the You Tube videos. It, unlike the band it purports to criticise, is old, tired, cliched and predictable and could have also appeared in Q, Mojo, etc. At least the supposdly 'conservative' papers, the Times and Telegraph, wrote fair and balanced reviews which were not based on pre-conceived prejudices. This sort of stuff makes me embarrassed to be on the Guardian's side sometimes.

OK. End of rant.

SOMEBODY WAS AWESOME!!!! The dramatic lighting! Don & Tim sharing a mic! (A first)! Joe & Steuart rocking out. And.... and....

I'm not crazy about the merchandise. I already have the skull & HC shirts! :P

I'd better watch some more while I can.

Mrs Frey
03-25-2008, 05:01 AM
WOW!!! I'm back at work and on my tea break, and I've taken a few minutes to browse through everything that I've missed since Saturday. You girls have been very busy! I have a lot of reading, video watching and drooling to do! Thanks for posting those YouTube links, Soda!

GEF and GA, your reviews are wonderful, and your photos stunning. GA, you even managed to get Glenn's :heart: shoes in in some of the pictures! :shock: I wasn't able to do that in my pictures! GEF, thanks for posting that pic of the four of us - of course, it's the first time that I've seen it! :D Not bad!

Well, I spent several hours, since 16:00 yesterday afternoon until the early hours of this morning, writing my review, and it is VERY long. I'm not sure if I should post it here or if I should put it in the Concert Review section. I think I'll post it in the Concert Review section. I also have some photos, and I will share them with you bit by bit:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010023.jpg

This is my favourite of those that I managed to take. The boys were doing "How Long", and I just love Glenn's :heart: shy little smile. :inlove:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010025.jpg

The dynamic duo of Glenn :heart: and Don doing "How Long". I love this one too. Look at how intense they are!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010022-1.jpg

The first pic I took at the concert. Joe - a picture of concentration.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010024.jpg

Lovely Timothy.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010027.jpg

Serious Don.

I recall that I took all of these while the boys were performing "How Long".

Here are some close-ups of the three musketeers (LOL!), GEF, GA and myself, sitting in our seats and barely able to contain ourselves as we waited for the boys to make their appearance:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010014.jpg

Ecstatic Kate (GEF) paying GA and I a visit before the concert!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010016.jpg

Bubbly Lisa (GA)!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010018.jpg

Monique (Mrs Frey) still not quite believing that she was about to see the Eagles!

One more for today:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010032.jpg

Aaaaah... gorgeous Glenn :heart: Siiiiiiiiiigh... :smitten:

There's lots more on the way! :D

Mrs Frey
03-25-2008, 09:21 AM
OK guys - here they are!

Witchy Woman - all band members are shown - more wide angles - song in its entirety! GA - is that your little girl singing along during the first part? She sounds absolutely precious singing "Sparks fly from her fingertips."

Thanks for posting these videos, Soda! :D

GA, thanks for sharing your videos with all of us. They are fantastic! I've just watched them, and I must say, it was surreal for me to hear myself singing along (yes, that was me blending in there in the background :blush: ) to "Witchy Woman", and the "Play it Glenn" comments when Glenn :heart: took to his guitar solo was also me. I was delighted that he was finally doing a solo - something I'd hoped to see. All the loud whooping when Glenn :heart: was introducing the band members was me and GA, and you can hear GA clearly laughing when Joe introduced "Life's Been Good". How incredible to see and hear that again. And wasn't Glenn :heart: rolling up his sleeves just the sexiest thing possible? I was in heaven watching that! :fainted:

katherine5832
03-25-2008, 09:23 AM
MF, what great pics! I can't wait to read your review now. And the three of you look so happy to be there, it made me smile. I'm glad that you had a great time.

Claire
03-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks everyone for the photos, the videos, and your reviews, I've got the feeling I'm living the concert again!
I'll post a review later in the day for you!

Mrs Frey
03-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the compliments, Katherine! I'm glad you like the pics so much. You'll find my mother of all reviews :wink: in the "Concert Reviews" forum.

Claire - I can't wait to read your review! I'm glad you've enjoyed our feedback.

Mrs Frey
03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Finally! I'm having server problems and am finding it very difficult to post.

The Guardian review..... very sad. The Guardian is Britain's 'trendy leftie' newspaper. I share the politcs but a band like the Eagles are far too politically incorrect for it. That review does not reflect what I've seen of the You Tube videos. It, unlike the band it purports to criticise, is old, tired, cliched and predictable and could have also appeared in Q, Mojo, etc. At least the supposdly 'conservative' papers, the Times and Telegraph, wrote fair and balanced reviews which were not based on pre-conceived prejudices. This sort of stuff makes me embarrassed to be on the Guardian's side sometimes.

OK. End of rant.

SOMEBODY WAS AWESOME!!!! The dramatic lighting! Don & Tim sharing a mic! (A first)! Joe & Steuart rocking out. And.... and....

I'm not crazy about the merchandise. I already have the skull & HC shirts! :P

I'd better watch some more while I can.

FP, take that review with a pinch of salt. It's just a lot of rubbish. I was wondering which concert this man actually attended, as what he was describing certainly did not sound like the concert I attended. This is what I think of it: :roll: :evil: :scowl: :yuck: and another :roll: for good measure.

I haven't watched the YouTube video of "Somebody" yet, but it certainly was one of the highlights for me at Thursday's concert. Especially for you, FP, I'm posting two more pics today, featuring Glenn :heart: singing the song, and Tim and Don together at the microphone. I made a point of photographing them as I realised that I'd never seen that before. They have been scanned directly from hard copy, so they're not great, but you can still see what's going on:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/GlennSomebody.jpg

Glenn :heart: did all kinds of things to me when he sang this... :fainting: Check out my review in the "Concert Reviews" forum for more details... :D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/TimDonSomebody.jpg

Ah, how I loved this combination. Don sounded particularly appealing.

tbs fanatic
03-25-2008, 10:39 AM
All these reviews and pics/videos just get better and better every day :D

DonFan
03-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Fantastic pics, Mrs F! I am glad you had such a terrific time! I'm off to read your review in a moment.

Here is another glowing review I found on my Google alert:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My wonderful musical week ended on Thursday at The O2 where I was lucky enough to enjoy The Eagles on what was, I think, the opening concert of their Long Road Out Of Eden Tour. They hit the stage at 7.45, looking great in their black suits and ties and white shirts, and sounding even better. They opened with “How Long” from the current album, and it just kept getting better. Faultless harmonies on “No More Walks In The Woods” were followed by “Busy Being Fabulous” and “No More Cloudy Days” from the new album and some old favourites like “Peaceful Easy Feeling” from their first album and Lyin’ Eyes (dedicated by Glenn Frey to his first wife) and the title track from their fourth album “One Of These Nights”. “Hotel California” came pretty early on, with a nice trumpet intro and the great duelling guitar section. While the current line up of Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmit is officially The Eagles, guitarist Stuart Smith, who co-produced their current album, appears to be unofficially their fifth member. He shares front of stage with them, joins in on the vocals and covers many of the guitar parts originally taken by former members Bernie Leadon and Don Felder. Anyway, the first half continued with examples of their various solo works, notably “Boys Of Summer” from Don Henley, and the title track of their 1977 album “The Long Run”.

The second half opened with an acoustic set that peaked with “Take It To The Limit” before an awesome version of “Long Road Out Of Eden”. Things got pretty rocking at this stage with impeccable versions of “Life In The Fast Lane”, “Witchy Woman” and some more solo numbers including a very entertaining “Life’s Been Good” from Joe Walsh and a show stopping rendition of Don Henley’s “All She Wants To Do Is Dance”. The first encore gave us Joe Walsh’s other hit “Rocky Mountain Way” and “Heartache Tonight” but we knew there had to be more. We hadn’t heard “Take It Easy” or “Desperado” so they had to come back and do at least one of them. Wouldn’t you know it; they came back and did both of them. After that, we knew it was game over, but what a night. It has been a long time since I came away from a concert with the songs still in my head the next morning. Don’t miss the chance to see these guys, they are the business."

freyfantastic61
03-25-2008, 02:49 PM
:D :D :yay: :yay: Fantastic photos!! Well it is finally my turn and I travel to London wed' morning!!! I still cannot believe this time tomorrow night we will be at the 02!! I have my daughter's digital camera and plan to do lots of filming and lots of photo's! I will post again on Thurs eve' love FF61 :blueblob: :blueblob:

katherine5832
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
FF61, I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time. I can't wait to see your pics and read about your experience. Say "hi" to the boys for me! :D

Brooke
03-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it, FF61! Hope you have a wonderful time! :D

tbs fanatic
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Have a fabulous time FF61. I am green with envy.

Brooke
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Just an observation from some of the YouTube videos; I'm loving the guys hair here! I know :roll: , but I'm a hair person as you all well know!

I think Joe's looks great longer (and not much product!) Especially in the Walk Away video. Glenn's is a bit longer, I love it! And Don's is not orange and spikey! A little longer and looks great! And Tim's always looks good! :D

Glennsallnighter
03-25-2008, 06:10 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010023.jpg

That has to be the sexiest shot taken of Glenn :heart: in the earlier part of the show (ie before he removed his jacket :wink: ). Just looking at it is bringing back such (indecent :wink: ) memories! Nice one Mrs F!

Glennsallnighter
03-25-2008, 06:18 PM
OK guys - here they are!

Thanks for posting these videos, Soda! :D

GA, thanks for sharing your videos with all of us. They are fantastic! I've just watched them, and I must say, it was surreal for me to hear myself singing along (yes, that was me blending in there in the background :blush: ) to "Witchy Woman", and the "Play it Glenn" comments when Glenn :heart: took to his guitar solo was also me. I was delighted that he was finally doing a solo - something I'd hoped to see. All the loud whooping when Glenn :heart: was introducing the band members was me and GA, and you can hear GA clearly laughing when Joe introduced "Life's Been Good". How incredible to see and hear that again. And wasn't Glenn :heart: rolling up his sleeves just the sexiest thing possible? I was in heaven watching that! :fainted:

Thanks for your lovely compliments Mrs F. I really enjoyed doing them as well. My only regret was not getting a song where Glenn :heart: took lead such as 'Somebody' or TIE, and also not getting a few more! Glenn :heart: was just soooooooooooo sexy rolling up his sleeves as he introduced the band members. :love: :inlove: And that laugh when he said ....'Thats Holland...' just flipped my heart!

Glennsallnighter
03-25-2008, 06:20 PM
PS! Love the new av MF :wink:

glenneaglesfan
03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
These are fantastic pictures, MF. Thanks for sharing them.

Now, I was listening to Gold on the radio this evening, and heard a dedication to Elsbeth, on her way to the Eagles! They played Heart ache Tonight. WM, was it you? If it was, I was thinking of you!

Freypower
03-25-2008, 06:25 PM
What amazing, stunning photos. I am so happy for everyone who was there!

Glennsallnighter
03-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Thank you FP. I really hope they make it to Australia soon. You deserve to see this show too!

StephUK
03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi,

STILL haven't got around to writing my thoughts on Saturdays show, but I will one day soon. My mind is still full of Will Hollis(as you might guess!!) :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Anyway, here's a few of my photo's - hope you like them. As usual, you can get a larger image by clicking on the photo. I may have some more later.

Enjoying reading everyone's show reports.

MF - how did you enjoy your evening with Glenn?

LOL
Steph

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/th_O2Eagles102.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles102.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/th_O2Eagles100.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles100.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/th_O2Eagles95.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles95.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/th_O2Eagles82.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles82.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/th_O2Eagles76.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles76.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/th_O2Eagles67.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles67.jpg)

Freypower
03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Excellent photos Steph! Thank you!

Glennsallnighter
03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
More lovely pics Steph! Well captured! Looking forward to your review. I know exactly what you are going through wrt Will! I havent been able to get Glenn :heart: out of my head since. Its so bad that I seriously looked up the net to see if I could get flights and tickets for tomorrow nights gig as well. Unfortunately I couldn't :cry: Maybe we'll have them in Dublin in the Summer yet! :pray: :pray: :pray:

sodascouts
03-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for sharing your photos, Steph! Can't wait to hear your review!

sodascouts
03-26-2008, 01:36 AM
This guy closes up on the backdrop during Dirty Laundry, so you can see it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVDBCZruUR4

I wonder if any of these journalists and gossip websites know that they are being featured in an Eagles concert? Has anyone told Perez (http://www.perezhilton.com)? lol

A better quality version of No More Walks in the Wood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPwkA3nFhsI&NR=1

And... most awesomely....

Waiting in the Weeds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxT6hPHLdQ4)!

SO much better than the one previously posted.

Toonlass
03-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Now, I was listening to Gold on the radio this evening, and heard a dedication to Elsbeth, on her way to the Eagles! They played Heart ache Tonight. WM, was it you? If it was, I was thinking of you!

Yep, that was WM...I got How Long played last week and told WM about it and she requested an Eagles song yesterday. Dean Martin (the DJ) is great for playing Eagles songs. :D

All the photos and reviews have really made the days go quite quick--I can't believe WM and I are going tonight! Argh!!! :shock:

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Well you are in for the time of your lives girls! Enjoy it!

DonFan
03-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Toonlass & WM, I can't wait to read your review! I know the show will be fantastic.

Soda, that latest Waiting in the Weeds link you posted is unbelievably beautiful. Absolute perfection! :heart:

Mrs Frey
03-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh, I've got so behind today, since I actually had to get some work done here at the office! :wink: There's just so much going on to keep up with!! I haven't had a chance to watch any of the videos, but will try soon.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments about my photos, everyone! I have many more to share, and hopefully I will have time tomorrow to post some, since I'm still at the office and should have left for home a long time ago! :shock:

Steph, your photos are great! :smitten: It's a pity I can't seem to enlarge them when I click on them. Any idea why I can't achieve that? As for how I enjoyed my evening with Glenn :heart:... I'll just leave that to your imagination... :twisted: :wink:

Toonlass: I hope you and WM have a fantastic time!

Brooke
03-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Have a great time, toon! I know you will!

And hurry back with that review! :D

Thanks for those links, Soda! I agree, WITW is gorgeous! :D

Mrs Frey
03-27-2008, 03:37 AM
Right! (thanks, Don! :wink: ) Here are some more photos for today:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010026.jpg

Glenn :heart: transported into "How Long". Siiiiiiiiiigh... :heart:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010028.jpg

"How Long": the fabulous quartet.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010029.jpg

Steuart Smith playing the "Hotel California" intro. Perfection.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010031.jpg

This is not a great photo, but it's the only one I have of Don singing and drumming. I realised I was too far away to get good ones :( - I wish I could have got in a bit closer. I love Don singing and drumming. :sigh: This is from "Hotel California".

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010033.jpg

Timothy doing back-up vocals for "Hotel California". Beautiful.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010030.jpg

Magnificent Joe doing his part of the "Hotel California" guitar solo. What a joy to witness.

The last pic I posted in my previous photo inclusive post was of Glenn :heart: doing back-up vocals for "Hotel California".

More to come! :D

Mrs Frey
03-27-2008, 03:44 AM
:D :D :yay: :yay: Fantastic photos!! Well it is finally my turn and I travel to London wed' morning!!! I still cannot believe this time tomorrow night we will be at the 02!! I have my daughter's digital camera and plan to do lots of filming and lots of photo's! I will post again on Thurs eve' love FF61 :blueblob: :blueblob:

Oooh, FF61! I can't wait to read all about your concert experience last night! :blueblob: I can confidently say that I know exactly how you are feeling right now! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Glennsallnighter
03-27-2008, 04:34 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010028.jpg

"How Long": the fabulous quartet.

[

Wow MF, another fantastic selection. Obviously this one has to be my favourite one - Glenn :heart: with your one of Joe also coming in at a high point. Well done. Looking forward to the rest coming......

I just wanna see them again..................so badly :weep: :weep: :weep: I'd watch them perform forever!

Mrs Frey
03-27-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm glad you like the photos, GA! Thanks for the compliments! :D

I've just watched the "Somebody" YouTube video. WOW!!! That brought back so many memories for me! The band as a whole seemed to be a lot looser and more relaxed by the Sunday show. Glenn :heart: even does a little call-out over the microphone before the guitar solo! I love it! :inlove: I find him incredibly sexy while performing this... AAAAH... :smokin: :heart: I'm suffering from serious Eagles withdrawal... :blush:

glenneaglesfan
03-27-2008, 07:22 AM

Yep, that was WM...I got How Long played last week and told WM about it and she requested an Eagles song yesterday. Dean Martin (the DJ) is great for playing Eagles songs. :D

All the photos and reviews have really made the days go quite quick--I can't believe WM and I are going tonight! Argh!!! :shock:

Oh, that's terrific! What a concidence!

Thank you, MF and Steph, for the great pictures!

sodascouts
03-27-2008, 10:04 AM

How cool!

And great photos, MF! Looking forward to the next batch.

Brooke
03-27-2008, 10:40 AM
:shock: Wonderful, Mrs F!

Thanks again! :D

Mrs Frey
03-27-2008, 10:44 AM
It's such a pleasure, GEF, Soda and Brooke! I'm looking forward to posting the next batch! :D :D :D

timfan
03-27-2008, 11:28 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1010033.jpg

WOW MF :shock: Thanks for the pic of Timothy. It's a great one!! and I think I see a new guitar strap there! :P :D

Molly
03-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Wonderful pictures! Thank you!

glenneaglesfan
03-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Yikes, Sky News had an interview with Don on Sunday night - I thought I'd missed it but I did some random recording late at night and caught it on a loop. Amongst other things, Don talked about the guests at his wedding, and the fact that he is not ready to retire while there are still so many fans wanting to see the Eagles. I'm sending you a copy, Soda.

Here are a couple of stills photographed from the telly.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Don/IMG_1965.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Don/IMG_1968.jpg

There were some clips of the Hotel California video, an early clip from Take It Easy, and a clip from Love Will Keep Us Alive from the HFO era. Does anyone know which concert this is?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Don/IMG_1970.jpg

DonFan
03-27-2008, 06:02 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Don/IMG_1965.jpg

Thanks so much for these stills, GEF! I especially love this one.
I watched that interview and thought Don looked great, very relaxed and chatty. I was also pleased that the interviewer asked him some different questions, especially the one about his wedding. Don hasn't talked about his wedding in years, and I have always been fascinated with the lineup of entertainers he invited to help him celebrate. It does sound like "the best party I've never been to," to quote the interviewer!

Freypower
03-27-2008, 06:05 PM
I happened to catch some of the interview here at home the other day. I had to tell hubby to 'ssssshh'. This was the first time I became aware that the man I was privileged to see perform on Wednesday night is called John 'FOE-gerty' not 'FOGG-erty' :blush:

From what Don said it sounds as if the Eagles have a few more years in them yet.

sodascouts
03-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks GEF - for the stills, and for sending it to me. I imagine that the LWKUA footage is from the HFO London concert in 1996, but who knows?

Mrs Frey
03-28-2008, 10:10 AM
It's such a pleasure, TF and Molly! I hope you will enjoy the next lot of pictures.

GEF, thanks so much for those screencaps of Don! He looks in fine form! How I wish us South Africans could see these interviews!

Continuing with my pics from 20 March - these were taken when they were doing "No More Walks In The Wood":

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020005.jpg

The boys... Siiiiiiiiiigh... :heart:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020006.jpg

Don... I love that hand in the air... :heart:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020007.jpg

Oh Glenn :heart:... I love that hand on his thigh... :twisted:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020008.jpg

Timmy... so earnest...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020009.jpg

Joe... deep in concentration...

I promised StephUK that I'd post a photo of Will, despite it's poor quality. I'm skipping ahead to "No More Cloudy Days" now, but didn't want to make her wait:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020018.jpg

Chris Mostert playing his beautiful sax solo with Will Hollis on keyboards. They looked much better in the flesh! :blush: I apologise for my weak flash.

Since we're on the subject of "No More Cloudy Days", it gives me an excuse to post this one of Glenn :heart: -

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020016.jpg

Siiiiiiiiiigh... I wish Sugar had just let loose and undone that tie, as well as untied a few buttons... :twisted: Okay, then I would have just :fainted:

And one more especially for TF, since she loved the last one so much:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020022.jpg

Passionate Tim doing "Love Will Keep Us Alive". I tried my best to capture him looking so intense, with his hand above the bass, which I love. :heart:

I hope that hasn't been photo overload! And there are more! :blush:

FP, don't feel bad about not knowing the correct pronunciation of John Fogerty's name. I thought the same as you! In addition, I thought Glenn's :heart: surname was pronounced "Fray" until I heard it correctly pronounced in videos I found on GFO! :blush:

Soda, thanks for posting all these YouTube links! Now, to find time to play them all!

Brooke
03-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Gef, thanks so much for the Sky interview stills. They are great. I'd love to hear it, too!

Fp, don't feel bad about not knowing how to say Fogerty. I've always known that one, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I learned the correct pronunciation of Frey, like Mrs F!

Thanks Soda for that new HC video. It's really a good one. I'm glad they(the camera man) cut out the trumpet intro! (Sorry to those that like it. I just don't! :shrug: ) I'm soooooo glad to see Don playing drums in the classics, at least, on this tour. I was afraid he was going to quit completely! :yay:

And again, thanks to Mrs F for more wonderful pics! Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Yes indeed GEF! Those stills from Sky were something else. You were on the ball there girl.

Brooke, I'll have to admit that I too went with the 'Fray' pronounciation until I knew better! But thats what most of the DJ's over here use anyway! So how could I have known any better. Now I correct them!

glenneaglesfan
03-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Wow, your latest photos are superb, MF, I couldn't help noticing that hand on thigh pose as well.
:shock: :blush:

Add me to the Glenn "Fray" club too. It wasn't until I watched F1 for the first time and heard Glenn introduce himself that I realised. Fp, what a coincidence that you have just seen John Fogerty, and then Don mentions him.

Soda, thanks for identifying the HFO clip.

Here's a fun little video from the Daily Telegraph. It probably won't be up long. Click on the thumbnail on the right. The last comment made me smile!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ttv/arts.jhtml

EasyFeeling
03-28-2008, 11:58 AM
I wanted to say that I really enjoyed your reviews and of course the photos. :D So glad you all had such a good time at the show. :D :D

freyfantastic61
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
First things first -OMG! I can't believe I've seen the guys! :smitten: :iloveyou:they were totally truly amazing!Entering the O2 arena and finding our seats,I have NEVER been so excited!Block A 5 rows back -brilliant view of the stage!My seat was directly in line with Joe 8) and Glenn :D.Close enough to see Timothy and to my left DON! :D Iloved every milisecond they were on stage! WOW those guys are true professionals and for the first time in my life I am speechless.Took loads of photos and lots of filming.Hope you enjoy the following!!PS small confession to make :wink: Before the concert I have always fancied Glenn BUT :shock: I have fallen for Don :drummer: (big time)-Is that allowed?? :nod: luv FF61x

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00411.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00415.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00416.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00417.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00418.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00432.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00440.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00449.jpg
So pleased with this! 8)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00450.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00457.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00458.jpg
This is my favourite :D
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/CARLOSCRAZY/DSC00459.jpg

glenneaglesfan
03-28-2008, 12:48 PM
First things first :iloveyou: - :D :D :D Photos of the wednesday night concert at the 02... i'm still speechless!!!! ENJOY!!!!Good grief, FF61, I certainly have enjoyed!!! Superb pics, thank you!

I let out a little gasp at this one!!

sodascouts
03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh, I love everyone's photos, but especially that one that GEF quoted. Amazing!

Thanks for the video link, GEF. Too bad I can't figure out how to keep it!

Brooke
03-28-2008, 02:44 PM
PS small confession to make :wink: Before the concert I have always fancied Glenn BUT :shock: I have fallen for Don :drummer: (big time)-Is that allowed?? :nod: luv FF61x

:twisted: Let me tell you, FF, it's happened more than once! :wink:

WONDERFUL pictures! And how about some more details....pretty please! I'm glad you had such a great time! :D

DonFan
03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
PS small confession to make :wink: Before the concert I have always fancied Glenn BUT :shock: I have fallen for Don :drummer: (big time)-Is that allowed?? :nod: luv FF61x

Ah, FF, welcome to Don's side! You will LOVE it here. 8) :heart:
You may have to change your name though! :wink:

And thanks for the great pictures!
This is just TOO cute:

DonFan
03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Here's a fun little video from the Daily Telegraph. It probably won't be up long. Click on the thumbnail on the right. The last comment made me smile!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ttv/arts.jhtml

Cute video. I wonder if the announcer is "follically challenged"? He has quite a case of hair-envy! :mrgreen:

Makes you wonder what he would've said, back in the day, about Don's fro! :shock:

Molly
03-28-2008, 05:13 PM
More amazing pictures! Thank you for sharing those-they're wonderful!

Freypower
03-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Brilliant photos, again. We've been so lucky this week. :shock:

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 06:20 PM
More fantastic pics MF! Thanks so much. Every pic I see brings back such great memories.

Nice little vid GEF! Very cute!

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 06:26 PM

Oh FF61, anything that reduces the competition among us girls for Glenn :heart: is allowed :nod: . And Don did indeed look very well too! Lovely pics. I'm delighted that you too had such a good time!

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 06:31 PM

This is MY favourite of your pics FF61. I love the ones where mics aren't impeding Glenn :heart: 's gorgeous face and smile. He looks so intense and absorbed in that one as well. Needs someone to relax those tired muscles after the gig. :twisted: Suggestions? :wink: Thanks so much!

Freypower
03-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I wanted to ask about that last photo.... who is that behind Don & Glenn on percussion? If Scott is on drums, who is that?

katherine5832
03-28-2008, 06:48 PM

How could you not fall for him? Of course, it's allowed and we're happy to have you! :wink:

Great pics, btw!

sodascouts
03-28-2008, 07:08 PM
I remember seeing Don solo in 2005. I was impressed and thought he and Stevie were totally hot together, and that he was looking really good. He can be very compelling live, that's for sure!

Brooke
03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I wanted to ask about that last photo.... who is that behind Don & Glenn on percussion? If Scott is on drums, who is that?

I have to second that question. OMG! :shock:

EasyFeeling
03-30-2008, 06:00 AM
OMG, what wonderful photos :shock: Thank you for sharing :D

freyfantastic61
03-30-2008, 02:21 PM

How could you not fall for him? Of course, it's allowed and we're happy to have you! :wink:

Great pics, btw!

:D Hey I don't mean to be greedy but my heart still belongs to Glennx BUT having now seen the guys in action,I underestimated Don's over whelming presence :smitten: :D in other words PHOAR! luv FF61

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2008, 05:09 PM
My heart will always belong to Glenn :heart: . Hubby commented today that myself and Timtot were like teenagers as we drooled over the pics in the Tour book! I commented that thats how I felt :)

sodascouts
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Another decent quality London YouTube video!

Busy Being Fabulous (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQQdGvObTA)

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 07:34 AM

I have to second that question. OMG! :shock:

I would like to know, too! :?:

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 07:36 AM

Great pics, btw!

:D Hey I don't mean to be greedy but my heart still belongs to Glennx BUT having now seen the guys in action,I underestimated Don's over whelming presence :smitten: :D in other words PHOAR! luv FF61

I hear you, FF61. I must admit, I told one of my colleagues last Friday that I'm now a little bit in love with Don, too, although I think I've been a little bit in love with him for some time now... :blush: :heart: DF saw through me quite a while ago already... :wink:

But my heart still belongs to Glenn :heart: !!! :inlove:

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 07:40 AM
First things first :iloveyou: - :D :D :D Photos of the wednesday night concert at the 02... i'm still speechless!!!! ENJOY!!!!Good grief, FF61, I certainly have enjoyed!!! Superb pics, thank you!

I let out a little gasp at this one!!

Oh my goodness, GEF, you are not alone in letting out a little gasp at this one. In fact, I let out a BIG gasp! :shock: :drool: Look how that shirt fits his body... he's just SO SO sexy!!! :smokin:

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 07:50 AM

This is MY favourite of your pics FF61. I love the ones where mics aren't impeding Glenn :heart: 's gorgeous face and smile. He looks so intense and absorbed in that one as well. Needs someone to relax those tired muscles after the gig. :twisted: Suggestions? :wink: Thanks so much!

I'm with you on this one, GA. AAAAAAAAAAH, it's so hot. Both Don and Glenn :heart: look amazing here, but what REALLY gets me is Glenn's :heart: slender legs :smokin: . I think somehow the lighting didn't favour the angle from which I was taking pictures, and I couldn't capture his lower body well in my photos. :blush: Man, he's just so stunning. I love his intensity and how much he is enjoying the music here, and Don's enjoyment is endearing - it is clear he's loving every minute along with his partner and friend. Wonderful! They seem so much more relaxed in the shows after opening night.

GA, as for relaxing Glenn's :heart: tired muscles, I feel a catfight coming on here. :twisted: Join the queue behind me, girlfriend! :wink:

FF61, allow me to commend you on your amazing photography! Thank you for sharing them with all of us. They really are fantastic photos. You've captured some stunning moments - moments that reflect the personalities of the boys. Truly stunning! :smitten: :inlove: :drool: :smokin: :bow:

Glennsallnighter
03-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Catfight :saberfight: with you MF? Never! :headshake:

We could simply give Glenn :heart: the benefit of both our attentions in relaxing those muscles. MMMM! :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 08:05 AM

Ah, FF, welcome to Don's side! You will LOVE it here. 8) :heart:
You may have to change your name though! :wink:

And thanks for the great pictures!
This is just TOO cute:

DF, on the subject of cute, I trust you will enjoy this one from my collection:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020025.jpg

Awwwww... :D The boys were performing "Waiting In The Weeds". I see Don's wearing THOSE SHOES again! :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Thank you, girls, for the lovely compliments about my photos. Here are some more from 20 March. All of these are of the boys performing "Waiting In The Weeds":

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020010.jpg

The dynamic duo once again. Siiiiiiiiiigh... :heart: :heart:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020012.jpg

Glenn :heart: and Joe. Glenn :heart: looks so adorable here that I just want to squeeze him tight... :hug: :blush: Look at those eyebrows and eyelashes! :smitten:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020013.jpg

Timothy and Don. It's a pity that Don is suffering from red eyes (or is that yellow eyes :lol:) here. I was already taking a risk taking photos with a flash (I was picked on in a nice way about my flash, after I'd already taken almost two reels of film :roll: ), so I didn't want to use my "red-eye reduction" feature, which involves double the amount of flashing. I really need to upgrade to digital, don't I? :blush:

Still more on the way! :D

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Catfight :saberfight: with you MF? Never! :headshake:

We could simply give Glenn :heart: the benefit of both our attentions in relaxing those muscles. MMMM! :wink:

Now THERE'S an idea, GA! :twisted: :wink:

DonFan
03-31-2008, 09:03 AM
I DO love that last "tongue" pic you posted of Don, Mrs F! And I know what you mean about Don's endearing expressions, especially when he is playing alongside longtime buddy Glenn. Those two complement each other so well. "Like brothers," as he said in the 60 Minutes interview.

( I could've done without "those shoes" with that handsome black suit, however. :tonguewag: )

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm glad you liked the "tongue" pic, DF! I just knew you would! :wink:

I was touched to hear Don's comments about his and Glenn's :heart: friendship in the "60 Minutes" interview.

I had to laugh about your "those shoes" comment! :lol:

sodascouts
03-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for these, MF!

StephUK
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
[quote="Mrs Frey"]

I promised StephUK that I'd post a photo of Will, despite it's poor quality. I'm skipping ahead to "No More Cloudy Days" now, but didn't want to make her wait:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020018.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I'm always grateful for photos of Will, regardless of quality or size!

LOL
Steph

Freypower
03-31-2008, 11:03 PM
More excellent photos.

The 'mystery percussionist' reminds me of the techie in the HITW video helping Tim sing HITW. It couldn't be, surely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Other%20Eagles/TimRehearsal.jpg

sodascouts
04-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Another press review:

"My wonderful musical week ended on Thursday at The O2 where I was lucky enough to enjoy The Eagles on what was, I think, the opening concert of their Long Road Out Of Eden Tour. They hit the stage at 7.45, looking great in their black suits and ties and white shirts, and sounding even better. They opened with “How Long” from the current album, and it just kept getting better. Faultless harmonies on “No More Walks In The Woods” were followed by “Busy Being Fabulous” and “No More Cloudy Days” from the new album and some old favourites like “Peaceful Easy Feeling” from their first album and Lyin’ Eyes (dedicated by Glenn Frey to his first wife) and the title track from their fourth album “One Of These Nights”. “Hotel California” came pretty early on, with a nice trumpet intro and the great duelling guitar section. While the current line up of Don Henley, Glen Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmit is officially The Eagles, guitarist Stuart Smith, who co-produced their current album, appears to be unofficially their fifth member. He shares front of stage with them, joins in on the vocals and covers many of the guitar parts originally taken by former members Bernie Leadon and Don Felder. Anyway, the first half continued with examples of their various solo works, notably “Boys Of Summer” from Don Henley, and the title track of their 1977 album “The Long Run”.

The second half opened with an acoustic set that peaked with “Take It To The Limit” before an awesome version of “Long Road Out Of Eden”. Things got pretty rocky at this stage with impeccable versions of “Life In The Fast Lane”, “Witchy Woman” and some more solo numbers including a very entertaining “Life’s Been Good” from Joe Walsh and a show stopping rendition of Don Henley’s “All She Wants To Do Is Dance”. The first encore gave us Joe Walsh’s other hit “Rocky Mountain Way” and “Heartache Tonight” but we knew there had to be more. We hadn’t heard “Take It Easy” or “Desperado” so they had to come back and do at least one of them. Wouldn’t you know it; they came back and did both of them. After that, we knew it was game over, but what a night. It has been a long time since I came away from a concert with the songs still in my head the next morning. Don’t miss the chance to see these guys, they are the business.

The only downside to the evening was, despite leaving the gig at 11.10pm, we were locked out of North Greenwich tube until just before midnight due to overcrowding. And London is hosting the Olympics? Give me a break. So, all that remains is to wish you a happy Easter, stay safe and well and keep gigging."

http://backstagepass.seatwaveblogs.com/2008/03/last_week_in_london_17.php

glenneaglesfan
04-01-2008, 06:31 PM
That's a great review from what seems like a true fan. I have to agree with his comments on London Transport. We got the last service from the O2 at about 12.15, but our next connection (in Central London) had shut down and MF and I nearly had to walk the two miles back to our hotels. Luckily, we managed to flag down a cab.

Thanks for posting
More excellent photos.

The 'mystery percussionist' reminds me of the techie in the HITW video helping Tim sing HITW. It couldn't be, surely.

You may be right here, Fp. I've looked through GA's (wonderful)video of the band intros - there is a new member mentioned - Richard Davies on keyboards, but he looks completely different.

sodascouts
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Steph gave me an idea and I searched flickr for some more concert photos. Here are a couple more sets:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_marshall/sets/72157604304358143/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/81037483@N00/

Freypower
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
And I found some more on flickr too:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25086665@N07/sets/72157604278389315/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25086665@N07/sets/72157604278594923/

timfan
04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
More excellent photos.

Btw I don't think the new percussionist is this gentleman.. The man in this picture is Victor, Glenn's Guitar Tech (I have met him a few times)

Freypower
04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought it was Victor as well. I wonder who the new guy is?

Mrs Frey
04-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Soda and FP, thank you so much for all the links. Soda, that's a lovely review you posted.

I agree with GEF about the London transport from the O2. I wasn't impressed having to walk such a long way in the blustery wind and rain at 01:00, tired as both GEF and I were, before we caught a taxi.

Mrs Frey
04-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Here are some more of my 20 March photos:

"Waiting In The Weeds" continued:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020011.jpg

Don. :heart: I like the hand beside him, clutching the stool with intensity and passion...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020014.jpg

Steuart on acoustic guitar...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020015.jpg

...and then mandolin. :bow:

"No More Cloudy Days":

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020017.jpg

Glenn :heart:... siiiiiiiiiigh...

"Love Will Keep Us Alive":

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020019.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020020.jpg

A double dose of Timothy. :D :D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020023.jpg

Steuart playing his beautiful lead guitar break.

"Take It To The Limit":

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020024.jpg

Glenn :heart: - this is another of my favourites, especially since he has his eyes open for a change! :wink: :smitten:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020026.jpg

I was intrigued with the way Don was holding his head; almost as if something about the sound was bothering him; so I had to capture it. It's a pity it's a bit out of focus, though.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020027.jpg

Oooooh, Glenn :heart:. Take a look at those lovely white teeth... :twisted: :wink: I can just eat him up! :blush:

There are still a few more to come! :D

Freypower
04-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Excellent work again MF. I particularly like the ones of Steuart.

sodascouts
04-03-2008, 02:15 AM
This person put his/her photos to the tune of "How Long" and he/she got some very nice ones as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXRvRKbyY8

Mrs Frey
04-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Aww, thanks for the compliments, FP! :D I'm glad you're enjoying the photos.

Thanks for that YouTube link, Soda! :D

sodascouts
04-03-2008, 02:49 AM
BTW - MF - just loaded up your photos from the prior page. Great job!! Loved the "No More Cloudy Days" shot especially, as well as Glenn on "Take It to the Limit."

Mrs Frey
04-03-2008, 02:53 AM
Awww, thanks, Soda! :D Those are among my favourites too! I still can't believe I was able to capture those shots of them. I just wish I had a better camera for better quality shots. It would also have helped if I had more freedom to stand up! :roll: Still, I really can't (and shouldn't) complain!

freyfantastic61
04-03-2008, 02:03 PM

I'm with you on this one, GA. AAAAAAAAAAH, it's so hot. Both Don and Glenn :heart: look amazing here, but what REALLY gets me is Glenn's :heart: slender legs :smokin: . I think somehow the lighting didn't favour the angle from which I was taking pictures, and I couldn't capture his lower body well in my photos. :blush: Man, he's just so stunning. I love his intensity and how much he is enjoying the music here, and Don's enjoyment is endearing - it is clear he's loving every minute along with his partner and friend. Wonderful! They seem so much more relaxed in the shows after opening night.

GA, as for relaxing Glenn's :heart: tired muscles, I feel a catfight coming on here. :twisted: Join the queue behind me, girlfriend! :wink:

FF61, allow me to commend you on your amazing photography! Thank you for sharing them with all of us. They really are fantastic photos. You've captured some stunning moments - moments that reflect the personalities of the boys. Truly stunning! :smitten: :inlove: :drool: :smokin: :bow:

Hi thankyou for all your compliments-I'm glad you all loved my photo's.I've certainly enjoyed all the others! Sorry I haven't posted lately I haven't had chance to so I'm trying to catch up with things onthe forum.A week later I am still in Eagle heaven and have put ALL my photos in an album so I can carry it around with me!! luv FF61

Brooke
04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
WOW! I finally got time to look at all the linked photos! There are some great ones there! Thanks Soda!

In one of ro2pro's there was a heading "Just like Floyd, eh?" When I first saw the half circle backdrop with all the lights, I thought the same thing!

And there are some really good ones in the How Long YouTube group. Cool idea, setting them to music! :applause:

Mrs Frey
04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I've just watched that YouTube video featuring photos from the O2 Arena shows set to "How Long". That was exceptional - WOW!!! :shock:

My photos fade into insignificance after watching that, but here are more to share with you nonetheless:

These are all from their performance of "Long Road Out Of Eden":

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020028.jpg

Don attacking the lead vocal and playing his Fender Telecaster.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020029.jpg

I felt I had to capture these different stage positions for the boys. I missed Glenn :heart: when he stood so far away from me... :blush: :wink:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020030.jpg

This is not great quality, but it's the only one I have of Glenn :heart: and Tim at the same microphone.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020031.jpg

Joe on lead guitar. Breathtaking!

Claire
04-04-2008, 01:44 PM
MF, every pics are welcomed! And don't worry, yours are wonderful! You managed to catch great moments... I particulary love the first one with Don, he looks so intense! :)

tbs fanatic
04-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I love the one of Joe. He is sooooooo HOT when he has that serious look :smitten: I have to go - I'm practically melting here :blush:

sodascouts
04-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes, the more pics the better! Thanks for posting!

glenneaglesfan
04-05-2008, 06:24 AM
MF, thanks for those pictures. It's so very special to have your own. I wish I could have got a couple of half decent ones, but yours, GA's, FF's and Steph's make up for it! Thanks to all of you.

That How Long slide show is brilliant. Thanks, Soda!

sodascouts
04-06-2008, 02:21 PM
From last night's show - this person was pretty close! Desperado is the best of the vids here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/liv289

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
MF They are still great pics! Particularly that one of Joe! I got a dvd rewriter and I want to put my vids onto dvd, but for some reason I can get as far as copying but the rewriter doesn't recognise the disc although it is a DVD+R which the box said was compatible with it. :?: :?:

Any Ideas anyone? I want to get some screen caps from WW and the band intros.

sodascouts
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Some computers are finicky - have you tried DVD-R?

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Yep! Tried both of them! According to the spec of the rewriter it can take any of about 16 different disc types! (Most of which I havent got a clue about!). Oh well! I'll keep at it. You might get the caps by Christmas!

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Awww, thanks so much Claire, TBSF, Soda, GEF and GA! You say such lovely things! :grouphug: I'm glad you're all enjoying my pics.

TBSF, have you managed to mop up the bits of you that melted from the "Joe Experience"? :wink: Careful, girl, you'll make Timothy jealous! :wink: :wink:

GA, I wish you success with your DVD writer - it must be SO frustrating for you to be struggling to get it to work! :(

Soda, thanks so much for that link to liv289's videos! This is all so exciting - I wish I could've attended each and every London gig!! :cry:

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Here are some more 20 March photos. These are the remainder of my "Long Road Out Of Eden" performance study:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020032.jpg

Some more Joe for TBSF to :drool: over... :wink: And for the rest of us, too, of course!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020033.jpg

I love this one of Don and Joe.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020034.jpg

Ooh, don't you all love it when Don gets so intense! :heart:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020037.jpg

My favourite photo of Joe from my efforts. This personifies him as a performer, in my opinion. I love it! :heart:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/F1020039.jpg

Don getting into the heart of the matter. :wink: More intensity for you, Claire!

rcknalwys
04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks for sharing these lovely pics Mrs Frey, I think there are many of us drooling over them!

DonFan
04-07-2008, 11:17 AM
A not-so-flattering review from yesterday's London Evening Standard:
------------------------------------------------
With its swanky private boxes, the O2 is the most corporate of venues. Fitting, then, that the Eagles played a five-night residency.

At their finale, these veteran rockers in their dark suits appeared to be dressed for a board meeting. In fact, when vocalist Don Henley switched to percussion, it was like watching your bank manager playing the congas.

The band have sold 120 million albums, including several million of their comeback Long Road Out Of Eden. Such is their run of hits, they could afford to air Hotel California after 20 minutes, with Henley singing and drumming.

The Eagles were technically proficient, although session guitarist Steuart Smith was probably the most adept musician on stage.

Nevertheless, there was something sterile in their weirdly precise renditions. It was only when the slightly crazed Joe Walsh ran around during Life’s Been Good, filming fans with a camera attached to a baseball cap, that you sensed anyone actually still has fun being in the Eagles.

They played for a generous three hours, although Henley also gave a sour little speech insisting that filming on mobiles was “illegal” and that any footage on YouTube would be removed.

Country-rock favourite Take It Easy went down well, as did the various dreary ballads. They are still hugely popular, but the Eagles are really businessmen who just happen to be rock stars.
--------------------------------------------

Ouch!
This reviewer obviously doesn't GET IT.

04-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Actually, I don’t think the critic is too unfair here. He/she is criticizing the guys for the same things that many people say about them. My main objection is that the focus doesn’t seem to be about the music here. However, when the critic does talk about the music, it is positive overall. Honestly, I feel the same way about the suits as I have mentioned on more than one occasion. :wink: Even though they look very handsome in the suits, they look more CEO than rock star to me.

DonFan
04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm afraid I have to disagree, dreamer.
I don't find comments like: "There was something sterile in their weirdly precise renditions," and "the various dreary ballads" to be positive at all.

sodascouts
04-07-2008, 01:29 PM
While the "bank manager playing the congos" line was pretty funny regarding the guys wearing suits, the rest of the review - ugh. He doesn't get it alright.

Interesting about the YouTube comment. I wonder if those zillions of clips I've linked to will soon be no more?

Remember Don, if it weren't for live material on YouTube, you guys wouldn't be playing "How Long" right now.

Claire
04-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Don getting into the heart of the matter. :wink: More intensity for you, Claire!

Thank you MF, :wink: this pic is truly wonderful!

Regarding the suits, to me it shows a sort of maturity, and I think they look pretty classy with them! I would have loved seeing them with "relaxed" outfits in the second part though - as in the Farewell Tour, fifty-fifty :)
And I hope the videos on YouTube won't be removed, we're all so delighted with them!

Brooke
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Remember Don, if it weren't for live material on YouTube, you guys wouldn't be playing "How Long" right now.

Ha! :lol:

DonFan
04-07-2008, 05:10 PM

Ha! :lol:

Amen to that!

Molly
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
When my son heard the prices of the ILAA tickets, he made a comment that maybe they should put the letter "S" on the front of their white dress shirts, their black ties would make it look like they were wearing big dollar signs. $$$

Mrs Frey
04-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Thanks for sharing these lovely pics Mrs Frey, I think there are many of us drooling over them!

Thanks, Becky! I'm glad you're enjoying them! :D

Mrs Frey
04-08-2008, 04:12 AM

Thank you MF, :wink: this pic is truly wonderful!

Regarding the suits, to me it shows a sort of maturity, and I think they look pretty classy with them! I would have loved seeing them with "relaxed" outfits in the second part though - as in the Farewell Tour, fifty-fifty :)
And I hope the videos on YouTube won't be removed, we're all so delighted with them!

Thanks, Claire! I'm glad you enjoyed the pic so much. :D

I agree with you regarding the suits, although it didn't matter to me that they didn't change in the second half. I loved the way they loosened their ties, and removed their jackets. And when Glenn :heart: rolled up his sleeves... sigh... I could barely handle it! :blush:

Regarding the review that DF shared with us, I think it's awful. It smacks of cynicism and dislike of the band. As for Steuart being the most "adept" musician on stage (and I'm not taking anything away from Steuart here) - what about Joe Walsh! :shock: What about Timothy's great bass work? :shock: What about Glenn's :heart: rhythm guitar skills and Don's great drumming? :shock: :shock: And most importantly, what about the SINGING? The fantastic lead vocals by each one of the boys, not to mention the harmonies?

And what's wrong with the renditions being "precise"? There are few musicians who are able to sound as great on stage as they do on CD, and the Eagles are among those musicians. And you know what else? I LIKE precise. As do many other music lovers. We LIKE to hear the songs rendered the way we have got to know and love them. The Eagles strive for perfection, and I LIKE perfection.

As for Joe being the only one enjoying himself on stage, does it take someone prancing about to give the impression of enjoyment? Then there must be many of us musicians who don't enjoy ourselves on stage. This suggestion really annoys me. The reviewer needs to watch the interview section of "Farewell 1" for information on how a band like the Eagles work. They are required to stand close to their mics most of the time, since they are a VOCAL group after all. Having said that, it is pretty damn obvious to me that they're having a great time performing. One need only look at their smiles and expressions of passion to see the enjoyment. Don expressed in the "60 Minutes" interview that there is something much greater than money influencing their decision to tour again, and that is the satisfaction of the audience appreciating a new piece of work that he or any of the group members have written.

I will concede that it is indeed expensive to attend an Eagles concert, but the boys go out of their way to express their gratitude to the fans, which many other stars with their status take for granted.

Claire
04-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Apparently, many videos have been removed from YouTube... All the ones from 22nd March that I had saved as favorites aren't available anymore :(

Mrs Frey
04-10-2008, 03:28 AM
That's disappointing, Claire. :( I really don't understand why Don is making such a fuss about amateur videos on YouTube. :?

samo
04-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I for one don't really like the idea of them wearing the suits for the whole concert. Eventhough they look good in them, it just isn't Joe or Timothy; and we all know how great Glenn looks in his colors. It just doesn't suit (pardon the pun) them. They are so easy going, they just look out of character. I just can't see Joe being Joe in a suit. Part of my excitement of going to the concert next month in Atlanta was wondering what outfits/colors they would all be wearing.

Also, a suit can't be that comfortable. I bet they change their minds by the time they get to Atlanta in May. By May it is already hot here! 8)

freyfantastic61
04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
:D :D hERE IS MY VIDEO OF HC from 26th at O2-my lovely daughter has shown me what to do! I also have few others you might enjoy,will post them later luv FF61

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdiaJGv0-8

sodascouts
04-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks FF61! GREAT video!!!!!!!!!!

DonFan
04-15-2008, 03:00 PM
FF61, thanks for that fantastic video! :D Please put up the rest too!

Brooke
04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
8) Thank you ff61!

glenneaglesfan
04-16-2008, 04:01 AM
OOOH!! Great video, FF61! Thanks so much for putting it up.

Just a reminder, you can save youTube videos using free software from KeepVid.

http://keepvid.com/

Just copy the URL at the top of the page of the video, paste in into the space on the KeepVid page, click download to the right, then choose which format you wish to save it as: .flv or.mp4. Click on your choice, a pop-up will come up asking you if you wish to save it to disk, click on save, and rename the file, remembering to put .flv or .mp4 after the name.

freyfantastic61
04-16-2008, 10:22 AM
I have uploaded 2 more videos: not sure what the "jammin'" one is called, and IDWTHA is one of my favourites. ENJOY! :D
FF61X

Jammin' - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vjzdSKhT6c8
IDWTHA - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_00j0Cl27Fo

sodascouts
04-16-2008, 12:44 PM
You're "jammin'" one is Funk 49. Love it - thanks again!

samo
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
FF61--thanks! great videos :D

tbs fanatic
04-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Those are great FF61, thanks.

Perfect Little Sister
04-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh my goodness FF61!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was so much fun. I have got to get me to a concert soon! I especially loved them cutting up a bit on "jammin"/Funk 49. I love it when they have fun with it like that.

AzEaglesFan
04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
What program do you have to have to play the videos? I finally have a fairly clear picture but the video stops about every couple of seconds and it takes forever for it to finally play all the way through. :?

04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
FF61 - Thanks for those vidoes from me, too. They are FANTASTIC! :nod:

sodascouts
04-17-2008, 03:06 PM
AEF - have you downloaded the videos off of YouTube as .flv or .mp4? If .flv, you need to download a free flash player. If .mp4, you'll need Quicktime. I've had difficulty with the .mp4 files myself, so I just do .flv.

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks from me too FF61! They are great vids. :thumbsup:

Witchy Mummy
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks FF61! It's great to see them 8)

Mrs Frey
04-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks for your wonderful videos, FF61! You are so generous to share them with us.

freyfantastic61
04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
:D Thankyou-I have a couple more which I aim to put up tomorrow -Inow have them all on my ipod so I can watch them over & over!! :blush:

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2008, 05:05 AM
:D Thankyou-I have a couple more which I aim to put up tomorrow -Inow have them all on my ipod so I can watch them over & over!! :blush:

Can't Wait!

EasyFeeling
04-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Wow, these were great!!! Especially the second one... OMG Timmy sounds so great. Thank you. :D Oh my gosh, I've missed so much here. :weep:
I'm not able to catch up all the news. :cry:
Can I also find a video with Waiting In The Weeds here???

sodascouts
04-24-2008, 11:47 AM
The only one still up that's decent quality is this one from Rotterdam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg30bMxQwqk

EasyFeeling
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
That's great, thank you Soda. :wink: There are also many other videos which I can watch. 8)

freyfantastic61
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
:blush: Hi-sorry I have taken ages to sort these out but I think it's worth the wait!

Ok- this one is just before the guys wnt for their break and has Don :D talking :inlove: Just so you know I had to keep dipping my camera to avoid the security guys so stick with it as it does get better!(that stands for all of them)
THE LONG RUN > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gXiNcM5yCQ4

WAITING IN THE WEEDS > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1nqDrYcDg

DESPERADO > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4v9CvN0F8

TAKE IT EASY (PART 1) > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kTMc7cGx-c8

TAKE IT EASY (PART 2) > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QKUAEHNsgoQ

:D Anyway hope you guys enjoy :drool: love FF61

freyfantastic61
04-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Wow, these were great!!! Especially the second one... OMG Timmy sounds so great. Thank you. :D Oh my gosh, I've missed so much here. :weep:
I'm not able to catch up all the news. :cry:
Can I also find a video with Waiting In The Weeds here???

:D Hi to you EF I have just posted my video of this luv FF61

Brooke
04-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Those are great ff61! Thanks for sharing with us! :D

sodascouts
04-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Thank you for posting these!

I just LOOOOOOOOOOVE it when Don take the microphone off the stand for Desperado and starts moving around with it. It's just a simple movement, but it really gives the song a more dynamic feel, like there's so much power in the song that he can't stand still!

I also love Glenn's comments before Take It Easy. So sweet! "We do this because you want us to" and "We love getting young with you two for a couple hours." Aw!

DonFan
04-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you for posting these!
Thanks from me too FF61! They are great!

I just LOOOOOOOOOOVE it when Don take the microphone off the stand for Desperado and starts moving around with it. Me too--and I love the way he holds those last notes out so long, too, while everyone is cheering! :heart:

I also love Glenn's comments before Take It Easy. So sweet! "We love getting young with you two for a couple hours." Aw!
We love getting young with you too, Glenn! :heart:

Glennsallnighter
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Thank I also love Glenn's comments before Take It Easy. So sweet! "We do this because you want us to" and "We love getting young with you two for a couple hours." Aw!

Believe me Glenn :heart: can get young with me in whatever way he likes any time he likes :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

freyfantastic61
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Thank I also love Glenn's comments before Take It Easy. So sweet! "We do this because you want us to" and "We love getting young with you two for a couple hours." Aw!

Believe me Glenn :heart: can get young with me in whatever way he likes any time he likes :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

:D and me! But I have to admit I loved when Don :smitten: stood even nearer the edge of the stage!If I could've I would've leant over the 4rows before me to get even closer!! Damn it!! I would've climbed on the stage! :fainted: Glad you all enjoyed the videos-I also have most of LROOE so I will add that too! I'm so glad I carried on filming.I also have Glenn :inlove: introducing the others which leads into Life's been good.

Glennsallnighter
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
That first gig was this night four years ago! What a night it was for us all! I cannot believe it was such a long time ago - it seems to have gone in the blink of an eye!