PDA

View Full Version : LROOE Tour Set List

Ive always been a dreamer
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
We've talked about this in other threads quite a bit since the new album came out, but I thought I'd start this thread now that the dates have been announced for the start of the world tour. If you could make up the set list for the Eagles LROOE tour, what would it look like?

Freypower
01-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I can only have a vague stab at this. I know they started their most recent shows with four songs from the album and I know it was Glenn who wanted to do that. However I disagree with this. I would start with How Long, though.

How Long
Witchy Woman (because I've never seen it)
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Do Something
Last Good Time In Town
Busy Being Fabulous
One Of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
What Do I Do With My Heart
Waiting In The Weeds
I Can't Tell You Why
Walk Away
Long Road Out Of Eden (So it's unlikely).

Tequila Sunrise
Hole In The World
No More Cloudy Days
The Boys Of Summer
Already Gone
Somebody
Frail Grasp On The Big Picture
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life In The Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado
Take It Easy

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Are we just saying what songs they might consider or are we giving them in the assumed order they would be in as well? I imagine the last few lists are in order.

01-17-2008, 03:19 PM
GA – You can do this any way you want to. My list here is a combination of my ‘wish list’ and what I think is realistic. First of all, I am assuming that the set list will be scaled down some from the 30 songs they performed on Farewell I. As scottside mentioned in another thread, Glenn hinted in a recent interview that they may scale the show back to around 2 ½ hours. This was also evident when at the end of the Farewell I European tour they dropped the third encore for many of the shows. When I made my list, I also considered the Nokia set list. The Nokia shows had only 20 songs, but I’m guessing that’s because they shared the billing with the Dixie Chicks, which I’m assuming will not always be the case. I included some songs here that are on my 'wish' list, but weren’t on the Nokia set list. I think they could be dropped, but I’m hoping that will not be the case. So here's what I think the LROOE Tour set list could look like (with a little wishful thinking thrown in for good measure):

1. How Long
2. Hotel California
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. I Can’t Tell You Why
5. Guilty of the Crime
6. One of These Nights
7. Lyin’ Eyes
8. Boys of Summer
9. Last Good Time in Town
10. The Long Run

Intermission
11. I Dreamed There Was No War
12. No More Walks In the Wood
13. Tequila Sunrise
14. I Don’t Want to Hear Any More
15. What Do I Do With My Heart
16. Waiting In the Weeds
17. Somebody
18. Life’s Been Good
19. Dirty Laundry
20. Funk 49
21. Heartache Tonight
22. Life In the Fast Lane

Ist Encore
23. Rocky Mountain Way
24. Busy Being Fabulous

2nd Encore
25. Take It Easy
26. Desperado

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Very impressive Dreamer. I think maybe you should be working for the band on the 'logistics'. I hope they don't drop 'Already Gone' tho' Its a personal favourite. And my daughter will be disappointed if WW doesn't feature. Still! I don't really care as long as we're there!

Freypower
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Dreamer's list is very good but the first set seems a bit short and I think the overall list is a bit heavy on ballads. I left New Kid In Town out of my list, which is unthinkable for me.

01-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Actually GA - I think you may be right. I have a feeling they will keep Already Gone. For one thing, if they don't include it, there won't be any songs from the On the Border album in the show. Realisticaly, the chances are that they will probably keep it and not do Somebody. That is one of the places where my wishful thinking won over. Selfishly, since I've seen them do Already Gone, I'd much rather see Somebody. Now, see this is not exactly correct either - what I'd really like is for them to keep 28 songs in the set list and do both of them. :D

And FP - I agree with you about NKIT - it kills me to see them drop it, but, sadly, I think they will. As far as the first set being too short with 10 songs, there were only 11 songs in the first half of the F1 set list, so I only cut one song. Obviously, I'm just guessing, so you may be right.

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I must try this myself, although I'll have to admit I'm not very good on the Solo stuff of any of the individual members bar Glenn :heart: of course. And I only have my own experience in Dublin and F1 to go on!

01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
GA - you should give it a try. After all, any of us who respond here are just guessing. As unpredictable as our guys are, you never know what they might do. However, as you suggested, I will be happy to accept gainful employment from the band and work up a set list for them. Perhaps, I can get a job interview in a few weeks. And I know I can always count on everyone here to assist me. I'm not sure how the guys are going to feel about doing 5 1/2 hour long shows though!!! :D :D :D

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh Dreamer! 5 1/2 hour shows! That would be pure Heaven!

And I keep meaning to say I love the pic of Glenn :heart: on your sig!

I'll give it a try when I get about 1/2 an hour to myself!

Freypower
01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Off topic - I'm viewing this in Firefox now. :D So far so good.

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Off topic - I'm viewing this in Firefox now. :D So far so good.

Is that working better for you, FP?

Freypower
01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Well let's put it this way. The links work now. When I realised that Internet Explorer would no longer allow me to pay my credit card online action had to be taken.

:cuss: :brickwall: :scowl: :enraged:

That's what it has been like and hopefully this is what it's like now:

:computer: :angel: :headbang: :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Well at least it seems to be better now. Good luck with the new link :thumbsup:

Brooke
01-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry about your internet problems, Fp. Hopefully, all is well now.

sodascouts
01-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I tried to go with a semblance of likelihood rather than wish-list, although I do suspect that ASWTDID might remain despite my wish that it be gone! TITTL done electric is probably also not going to happen, but it sounded SO awesome when Glenn did it electric that I would love to hear it that way again. Also... just one Glenn solo song... come on... is that too much to ask?

1. How Long
2. Busy Being Fabulous
3. Hotel California
4. Peaceful Easy Feeling
5. What Do I Do With My Heart
6. I Can't Tell You Why
7. One of These Nights
8. Lyin' Eyes
9. The Boys of Summer
10. Smuggler's Blues (or The Heat Is On - Glenn should have a solo song!)
11. In the City
12. Take It to the Limit (electric)

Intermission
1. No More Walks in the Wood
2. The Long Run
3. Guilty of the Crime
4. I Dreamed There Was No War
5. Tequila Sunrise
6. I Don't Want to Hear Any More
7. No More Cloudy Days
8. Waiting in the Weeds
9. Life's Been Good
10. Dirty Laundry
11. Funk #49
12. Heartache Tonight

1st Encore
13. Life in the Fast Lane
14. Rocky Mountain Way
15. Already Gone

2nd Encore
16. Take It Easy
17. Desperado

Brooke
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
I find these things very hard to do for some reason, but since I have a little extra time here at work, I'll take a stab at it.

1. How Long (The new hit to open with)
2. One of These Nights
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. Busy Being Fabulous (another newbie)
5. Already Gone
6. Life's Been Good
7. Dirty Laundry
8. Heartache Tonight
9. Witchy Woman
10. Take It To The Limit
11. I Don't Want To Hear Anymore

Intermission

12. I Dreamed There Was No War
13. No More Walks in the Wood
14. Lyin' Eyes
15. Boys of Summer
16. I Can't Tell You Why
17. Waiting In The Weeds
18. Funk 49
19. Life In The Fast Lane
20. Tequila Sunrise
21. The Long Run
22. Heartache Tonight
23. Guilty of the Crime
24. Somebody (Please Glenn!)

1st Encore

25. Hotel California
26. Rocky Mountain Way

2nd Encore

27. Desperado (Without all the dramatics. Please Don!)
28. Take It Easy (I would love to go home on a feel good note rather than a sad one. Please guys?)

I am one that thinks it would be a mistake to start the concert with 4 new songs. I think HL is a great starter, but they need to sing a couple classics before they do another one. People will forget who they are. (Of course, us diehards would know, but we are a bit unusual! :twisted: )

Ok. Sheesh, that was hard!

tbs fanatic
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, I'm not good at making orderly lists but I'll just say

Every song from LROOE plus mmmmm?

Get Over It
Tequila Sunrise
Life In the Fast Lane
The Sad Cafe
On the Border
Seven Bridges Road
Heartache Tonight
Love Will Keep Us Alive

Encore - Timmy singing songs from Feed the Fire :wink: :D

Freypower
01-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow TBSfan! Good luck! Every LROOE song plus those others, most of which I agree with.

I would love it if they did The Sad Cafe and King Of Hollywood. I'd love it if they did On The Border. Doolin-Dalton. I wish they'd reach back in time to do some songs of this type.

My fantasy encore would be Let's Go Home followed by A Walk In The Dark, and then I'd have to be carried out. So I propose that the first encore be A Month Of Sundays/Let's Go Home and the second encore be A Walk In The Dark /Talking To The Moon. Good, eh? :twisted:

tbs fanatic
01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Very :lol:

Maleah
01-18-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm not REAL picky on what songs they perform.......I just really, really want Dirty Laundry, Life in the Fastlane, One Of These Nights, Life's Been Good, and Funk 49 to stay. I'm sure the rest of you are probably tired of hearing those......but seeing as I've never seen them before....those are songs that I have always wanted to see live!

As far as songs from LROOE.....I'd really like to see How Long, Guilty of the Crime, What Do I Do With My Heart, Somebody, I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, Busy Being Fabulous....and....don't hurt me.....Fast Compny :D

Freypower
01-18-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm not sick of those songs you list, although frankly if Dirty Laundry went I would not lose any sleep. The songs I would like to see go are The Long Run and In The City as well as ASW, Sunset Grill and LWKUA. If Glenn has to lose any I would go with PEF and/or TITTL.

The LROOE songs I would not like to see are IDWTHA and GOTC. But given that those have already been played live, I guess they will stay. Regarding Fast Company I wouldn't object to it. What I really want is for Don to play drums on a couple of these songs.

sodascouts
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
As far as songs from LROOE.....I'd really like to see How Long, Guilty of the Crime, What Do I Do With My Heart, Somebody, I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, Busy Being Fabulous....and....don't hurt me.....Fast Compny :D

I'd like to see all of those except for Fast Company (cringing at the thought) - but to each his/her own! I'd love it if Glenn did Somebody, but I don't see it happening. I could very well be wrong, though!

sodascouts
01-18-2008, 07:56 PM
I also find The Long Run expendable, but they seem to like doing it.

Of course, our lists assume we'll have a show of comparable length to Farewell 1. We might very well lose up to an hour. :(

Freypower
01-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I know one thing - if Glenn persists with this 'nobody wants to listen to me' thing the show won't be much fun. He deliberately made sure he sang a lot of songs on this album. Surely he would want to perform them. Yet most of them seem designed to be performed as solo rather than Eagles songs. That is why the argument for Somebody is so strong. It sounds like an Eagles song and it's uptempo.

I don't know about What Do I Do With My Heart. I would love to see it performed. I'm not sure how they'd do it.

Perfect Little Sister
01-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I also find The Long Run expendable, but they seem to like doing it.

Of course, our lists assume we'll have a show of comparable length to Farewell 1. We might very well lose up to an hour. :(

You mean I have to pare down my list of top 40? Oh come on, they could do it! :wink:

Maleah
01-19-2008, 12:19 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE The Long Run and merely forgot to mention wanting to see that one live ;) Honestly, I do. It's just such a fun song to listen to (imo anyway) and they seem to really enjoy playing it. It's one of the songs I'm listening to all the time. i guess if you guys dislike it that much it just shows that we all have different tastes :lol: I can't figure out how I'm so weird! I love that one and GOTC AND IDWTHA. Nah......I think I'll go with unique instead of weird ;) :D

katherine5832
01-19-2008, 01:24 AM
I had a hard time paring down my set list, but in my fantasy world this would be it (keeping in mind that I would really just love to sit and watch them all day playing everything they ever recorded):

Take It Easy (Don on drums)
The Disco Strangler (Yeah, it might be dated, but I just love this song)
Busy Being Fabulous
James Dean (Don on drums)
King of Hollywood
New Kid in Town (Don on drums)
Hollywood Waltz
Wasted Time
What Do I Do with My Heart
On the Border
Get Over It

First intermission

Seven Bridges Road
Peaceful Easy Feeling
The Last Resort
Center of the Universe
You Belong to the City (Don on drums)
Funk # 49 (Don on drums)
Boys of Summer
Walk Away (Don on drums)
The Long Run
One of these Nights (Don on drums)

Second intermission

Fast Company (Don on drums) - I'm with you on this one Maleah; I've really grown to love this song. It's a blast to sing along with it.
In the City (Don on drums)
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
Lyin’ Eyes (Don on drums)
You Never Cry Like a Lover
Life’s Been Good (Don on drums)
Dirty Laundry
Last Good Time in Town
Long Road Out of Eden

First Encore

How Long (Don on drums)
Waiting in the Weeds

Second Encore

Hotel California (Don on drums)
It’s Your World Now

Third Encore

Already Gone (Don on drums)
Life in the Fast Lane (Don on drums)
Desperado

sodascouts
01-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Dang, Katherine! All you're missing is Teenage Jail! lol

It's Your World Now - hmm! Interesting! That would make everyone cry!

katherine5832
01-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Dang, Katherine! All you're missing is Teenage Jail! lol

:D Can you tell I've been listening to some of their older albums? A couple of weeks ago I went to Wal-Mart to buy some storage containers for my Christmas tree. I just happened to take a detour through the CD section and rounded out my Eagles collection. I had never replaced my tapes of Eagles, Desperado, One of These Nights, On the Border, and The Long Run - until now. It's been awhile since I've listened to their songs that haven't been put on any of the Greatest Hits compilation albums. I've just fallen in love again with songs like Hollywood Waltz, Disco Strangler, Doolin-Dalton, Doolin-Dalton/Desperado reprise, You Never Cry Like a Lover (ooh, sexy!), and Journey of the Sorcerer. The cashier said, "Somebody likes the Eagles..." Ya think??

01-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Wow Katherine - that's quite a wish list there. But you also left of The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks. :D

Now, the questions is, can they play your set list in 5 1/2 hours? :wink: :D

katherine5832
01-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Wow Katherine - that's quite a wish list there. But you also left of The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks. :D

Now, the questions is, can they play your set list in 5 1/2 hours? :wink: :D

LOL! I was waiting for someone to mention The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks! I had to make some concessions... I wouldn't want to wear the boys out, you know.

Glennsallnighter
01-20-2008, 06:23 AM
I'd be quite happy to wear Glenn :heart: out. :wink: Afterwards :wink:

01-20-2008, 11:46 AM

Okay - that does it! I definitely think Glenn needs to be warned! :D :D :D

Freypower
01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I think that if they were to do some of those older songs Don would have to play drums on songs like On The Border and King Of Hollywood. I think he should play drums on a couple of the new songs. The problem is I don't know which songs he DOES play drums on.

Old songs I would like to see are Out Of Control, Outlaw Man, Good Day In Hell and Ol '55. I'd go with Chug All Night if I could increase the Glenn quota. :wink:

Oh, and then there is The Girl From Yesterday. Remember that? :roll:

sodascouts
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Here are my old favorites that have a very small likelihood of being performed but would thrill me to death!

Ol' 55
Seven Bridges Road
Best of My Love
Pretty Maids All in a Row
Out of Control
Those Shoes
Victim of Love
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise
After the Thrill Is Gone

Glennsallnighter
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM

If they did that I know one person at the gig who would pass out!

It is also one of my alltime favourites!

Freypower
01-20-2008, 06:20 PM
I was lucky I saw it in 1995. You know one of Felder's more annoying claims is that it was dropped very quickly. In fact, GOI was dropped before TGFY. I know, because in Australia we got TGFY, not GOI. So :thumbsdown: to Felder and his hatred of Glenn.

katherine5832
01-20-2008, 09:44 PM

You know, I had that same thought as I was typing that out (well, about Don, not Glenn), but I thought I'd be nice. Glad to see someone else has some of those same naughty thoughts! :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Its just when us girls get together......... :wink:

And I'm sure my 6 year old daughter would be having the same thoughts about Timmy if she knew they (the thoughts) existed! And if she knew she was going! (I haven't told her yet)

Brooke
01-21-2008, 10:54 AM
As far as oldies I would love to see live, here's my list.

Seven Bridges Road
Best of My Love
Out of Control
Victim of Love
After the Thrill is Gone
Good Day in Hell
Get Over It

Dreaming I'm sure there! Thank goodness for the boots! :D

01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Well, as long as we're into dreaming, here's my list of oldies that I'd love to see live:

Seven Bridges Road
Chug All Night
Doolin' Dalton Reprise
Out of Control
Outlaw Man
On the Border
James Dean
Good Day in Hell
Best of My Love
Take It to the Limit (electric version like Glenn did for PTO tour)
After the Thrill Is Gone
Try and Love Again (Timothy or Glenn singing it)
King of Hollywood
Those Shoes
The Sad Cafe
The Heat Is On
You Belong to the City

And, of course, this mean that none of the other songs be dropped.

Maleah
01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Oo Oo i'll play! :D My "oldies" I'd like added -

Victim of Love
Those Shoes
On the Border
Best of my Love
James Dean
Witchy Woman
Seven Bridges Road
Take it to the Limit (electric - as dreamer said)
Get Over it
Smuggler's blues
and I don't know who they'd have sing it instead of Randy, but I really like Too Many Hands :D

Freypower
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
They will never play Those Shoes or Victim Of Love again.

01-21-2008, 05:12 PM
To be honest, I don't think they'll ever play any of the songs on my list again, which is why I referred to it as a dream list. :)

DonFan
01-21-2008, 05:19 PM
They will never play Those Shoes or Victim Of Love again.

Why? Because of Felder's involvement? Since they finally settled with him, I would hope they could play them again.

Freypower
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
But why would they want to play those two songs? If it were me, I wouldn't want to play them.

DonFan
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Because they are great songs?

Freypower
01-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Yes, they are great songs, but Don Felder co-wrote them. Why would they want to give him any more than he's already extracted from them. It's enough that they have to pay him royalties for Hotel California, surely.

sodascouts
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, like dreamer said, I doubt any of them will be played again, not just TS and VOL.... although wouldn't it be nice? :: sighs wistfully :: And never say never!

Concerning Felder - I'm not sure how it is with royalties and live concerts, but considering the acrimony of the break between Felder and the band, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they would rather not play his songs if it meant he would get additional money.

On the other hand, they do Hotel California, so obviously they are able to overlook that when they feel the song is worthy enough.

Maleah
01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Alright......Im confused here. if you perform someone else's song in concert, you have to pay them? So what about all these artists, Little Big Town for example, who every now and then randomly perform another artist's song....such as HT or LITFL? I find it hard to believe that every time these artists sing one of these songs they to pay the songwriter. Now if they record the song, yes, I understand that. But just for performing it? Is that really how it works? If so that's just silly imo but that's just me. lol 8)

sodascouts
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, I don't know for sure how it works, but I got this info off of Wikipedia:

Performance Royalties
‘Performance’ in the music industry can include any of the following:

*a performance of a song or composition — live, recorded or broadcast
*a live performance by any musician
*a performance by any musician through a recording on physical media
*performance through the playing of recorded music
*music performed through the web (digital transmissions)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalties#Performance_Royalties

----------------------------------------------

It seems like a random cover once in a blue moon probably wouldn't count... but I really have no idea how they collect on these things. I don't think the RIAA is chasing down wedding singers.

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 05:07 AM
No! But I bet Felder has his little spies in every audience only too ready to submit him a set list after the gig!

bdr529
02-02-2008, 03:27 AM
I will have to think about this however as we are inevitably reaching the end of the touring Eagle's. :cry: I would like to see one thing even if they may be some of my favorites. I doubt it will happen but I would like to see a tour of only Eagles music, leave the solo music to the solo tours that are sure to follow. More time to experience some of the classics such as Wasted Time, The Sad Cafe', After The Thrill Is Gone, Take It To The Limit or One Of These Nights . The list goes on and on.......

I know, I am dreaming.

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I've enjoyed reading each and every one of your posts on this topic, which made for very interesting reading. I know I'm rather late on this, but I don't always get the opportunity to contribute to threads where I really have to think about the topic. I certainly had to put a lot of thought into my "Wish List", and here it is. I've based it on the set lists they performed during their "Farewell 1" tour, and have included the songs I'd like to hear from their new album, as well as others dear to my heart. It's also in the order I'd like to hear it, and I've thought carefully about giving each vocalist as many chances to sing as possible:

Set 1

1. How Long (Glenn & Don)
2. The Long Run (Don)
3. New Kid In Town (Glenn)
4. What Do I Do With My Heart? (Glenn & Don) :heart:
5. Guilty Of The Crime (Joe)
6. I Can't Tell You Why (Tim)
7. One Of These Nights (Don)
8. Lyin' Eyes (Glenn)
9. The Boys Of Summer (Don)
10. One Day At A Time (Joe)
11. I Don't Want To Hear Anymore (Tim)
12. Waiting In The Weeds (Don)
13. Already Gone (Glenn)

Interval

Set 2

14. No More Walks In The Wood (Group)
15. Tequila Sunrise (Glenn)
16. Love Will Keep Us Alive (Tim)
17. No More Cloudy Days (Glenn) :fainting:
18. Get Over It (Don)
19. Take It To The Limit (Glenn)
20. Somebody (Glenn) :pray:
21. Best Of My Love (Don)
22. The Girl From Yesterday (Glenn) :fainted:
23. Walk Away (Joe)
24. You Belong To The City (Glenn)
25. Wasted Time (Don)
26. Life's Been Good (Joe)
27. Dirty Laundry (Don)
28. Funk #49 (Joe)
29. Heartache Tonight (Glenn) - I know I won't have to pray for my favourite! It should always be included! :D
30. Life In The Fast Lane (Don)
31. Hotel California (Don)
32. Take It Easy (Glenn)
33. Desperado (Don)

Yes, I know it's slightly longer than F1, but there are some songs I just couldn't bring myself to leave out.

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 08:53 AM

Okay - that does it! I definitely think Glenn needs to be warned! :D :D :D

:rofl: I enjoyed this bit of banter! :rofl:

GA, you are such a bad girl! :shock: :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 08:55 AM

If they did that I know one person at the gig who would pass out!

It is also one of my alltime favourites!

I hear you, FP! :nod:

GA, you know how much I would like to hear that song performed live! :fainted:

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Its just when us girls get together......... :wink:

And I'm sure my 6 year old daughter would be having the same thoughts about Timmy if she knew they (the thoughts) existed! And if she knew she was going! (I haven't told her yet)

Ooh, GA, wait until she gets older! :shock: :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 09:08 AM
My fantasy encore would be Let's Go Home followed by A Walk In The Dark, and then I'd have to be carried out. So I propose that the first encore be A Month Of Sundays/Let's Go Home and the second encore be A Walk In The Dark /Talking To The Moon. Good, eh? :twisted:

Highlighted text: :rofl: I know how you feel, FP! I love those two songs, too. They make me want to :makeout: with Glenn :heart:... :blush: Heaven help me.

I need to ask you: are "A Month Of Sundays" and "Talking To The Moon" Don songs? Or Glenn :heart: songs I don't know about? Please excuse my ignorance. I've been concentrating on getting Glenn's :heart: solo collection together, as well as completing my official Eagles collection, so I haven't yet got started on any of the other members' solo work.

DonFan
02-11-2008, 09:57 AM
A Month of Sundays and Talking to the Moon are Don songs.

EasyFeeling
02-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I need to ask you: are "A Month Of Sundays" and "Talking To The Moon" Don songs? Or Glenn :heart: songs I don't know about? Please excuse my ignorance. I've been concentrating on getting Glenn's :heart: solo collection together, as well as completing my official Eagles collection, so I haven't yet got started on any of the other members' solo work.

Since I'm just reading your question... yes, both are Don songs. You really should get some of Don's solo work, Talking to The Moon is an incredible song, one of my favorites.

DonFan
02-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Talking to the Moon IS incredible, as is Oh Lilah. He sings them both beautifully on the Inside Job DVD.

Mrs Frey
02-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Thanks, DF and EF, for the information! I'm working on starting my Don collection! :D

03-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Okay - now that we have a set list for the LROOE tour, we can talk more about it. So what do you all think? Here is what the set list looked like for the first show in London:

1st Half
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run

2nd Half
No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Take It to the Limit
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Walk Away
Witchy Woman
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

1st Encore
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to Do Is Dance

2nd Encore
Take It Easy
Desperado

Overall, I'm really pleased. The set list is longer than what I predicted, which I am very glad about. My major disappointment is that Tequila Sunrise is gone. I would also love to have seen What Do I Do With My Heart included. I was surprised that Witchy Woman was back in the show. I would vote to do away with it and bring back TS. Although I love NMCD, I would rather see WDIDWMH since Glenn has been performing NMCD for several years now. I was thrilled to see that Tim has three songs now, although I personally prefer Do Something over I Don't Want to Hear Any More. I was also hoping that they would play I Dreamed There Was No War since it is short, but very beautiful. I may be in the minority, but I am glad to see the solo songs that remain, and was very pleasantly surprized that ASWTDID and RMW are still included. My only other comment is that I am surprized by the placement of Hotel California in the set list. It seems to me that they could switch it with The Long Run and make it the last song of the first half if it isn't going to be an encore. I figured they would drop the third encore, but again, thought that ASWTDID and RMW would be the ones to go.

Brooke
03-21-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm very pleased with the set list and glad to see it's so long. Especially glad to see so many new songs, but it's hard to see some of the old standbys disappear, like Tequila Sunrise. I love that song! :(

I would definitely prefer to hear Do Something over LWKUA.

I think Hotel CA should certainly be in the encores. ASWTTID an encore song? :headshake: It's just way too dated and needs to go. jmo! :)

I would rather see What Do I Do With My Heart rather than No More Cloudy Days, if I have to choose, but NMCD has really grown on me.

All in all, I'm very happy. I can't wait to hear Waiting In The Weeds and Somebody live! :yay: So guys, hurry up and get the rest of that tour planned! :wink:

sodascouts
03-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm largely in agreement with Dreamer over what I miss - Tequila Sunset and Already Gone. I'd trade 'em out for Witchy Woman and The Long Run, respectively.

I'd also like to have heard WDIDWMH live. It's my favorite, along with WITW (which I'm overjoyed to see). I am also delighted at the inclusion of Somebody, to which I have warmed up considerably. It's become a favorite as well. I do wish they had found a way to insert the short songs I Dreamed There Was No War and You Are Not Alone. It makes me sad to think I may never hear those songs live again. They were very powerful.

I think the placement of Hotel California is meant to reassure the audience that despite the fact that they had opened with four new songs, the hits will still be there. It's the first classic they play, so they're bring out the big gun right after the new stuff in case a few unappreciative folks start getting restless.

I actually prefer GOTC to LGTIT for a live song even though I like them pretty much the same on the album. I think they made the right decision. Do we really want to be singing about staying at home and doing crossword puzzles at a concert? No, we want a fun romp like GOTC to keep the energy up.

I understand very well why they are keeping LWKUA - it was minor hit, after all. I'm pleased for Tim that he is now doing three songs. I also think it was the right decision to do IDWHAM instead of Do Something. I just find IDWHAM more pleasant to listen to - it has a little bit more going on musically than Do Something, I think. Do Something's main asset is the shared vocal, which is always a treat.

I wonder if they edited down LROOE - instrumentally if not lyrically? Of course, it does have that killer guitar solo, which undoubtedly re-energizes the crowd if need be. At any rate, we'll see from our fan reviews as they come in.

I'm with Brooke that ASWTDID has gotten a bit ripe over the years, but they seem to have fun with it. Perhaps that's why they're loath to drop it.

Overall, I'm quite pleased at all the new songs, and that they haven't abbreviated the set. They've managed to keep almost all of my favorites from the old set, excepting the two mentioned in the first paragraph. I can't wait to see them live myself at Myrtle Beach!

Maleah
03-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm very pleased with the set list! I'm thrilled that Tim does IDWTHA and Joe does GOTC....both my favorites from each!

I'm a little curious about the amazing guitar solo for LROOE. I know there was a lot of discussion around the boards as to whether it was Joe or Mr. Smith. It sounds like Joe's work to me....but either way it is fantastic!

Freypower
03-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I would have had LGTIT and Do Something rather than IDWTHAM and GOTC.

I'm disappointed there was no WDIDWMH. After all the hoo-ha about Don and Glenn singing together, it's left out. I think Glenn's share of the new songs is far too small. I don't count NMCD.

I don't know why they persisit with ASWTDID either. As for ITC I wouldn't miss it for a minute. And if you can't say anything nice about LWKUA... don't.

I honestly still believe that TIE should be the final song. I think Don is far too dominant in Desperado.

timfan
03-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I really like the new set list! :) I agree the only other new song I would have liked to have seen them add would have been WDIDWMH.

My only concern is the absense of Tequila Sunrise. It's my second fav Eagles song of all time and IMO is one of the Eagles Classic's that I go to a concert expecting to hear ( even if I have heard it a hundred times before!!) . I truly hope they put it back in the set as the tour progresses.

Lastly Timothy getting to sing 3 songs is WONDERFUL! 8) I am very happy with the choice of IDWTHAM as his third song.

Freypower
03-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Glenn dropped NKIT a while ago. Now he's dropped TS. In contrast, the only song Don has lost is Sunset Grill. :? Don sings 12, Glenn sings 8. I would have removed ASW & TLR in order to include AG & TS, if, as it appears, NKIT has gone for good.

Mrs Frey
03-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Since I have a bit of time to kill before I leave for Heathrow Airport this afternoon, I thought I'd visit The Border for a while. :D As you all know by now, I want to take my time about my review, as it will probably be one of the most important pieces of writing I have ever done. Therefore it will be drafted, edited and finally copied and pasted for your (hopefully) enjoyment, once I get back to work.

However, in the interim, I thought I'd answer two questions that have been posted here, that a few of you have been wondering about:

"Long Road Out Of Eden": You will all be happy to know that this song was NOT AT ALL EDITED. It was done exactly as they recorded it, which I was very pleased about.

LROOE guitar solo: Joe or Stuart? Once again, you will all be happy to know that JOE PLAYS LEAD GUITAR. Stuart plays his part, complementing Joe, but Joe's work is the focal point of the solo.

Regarding my feelings about the set list, I was pleased with every single song. I admit that I too was hoping to hear WDIDWMH, but I wanted to hear NMCD just as much.

I didn't even notice that TS, AG and NKIT were missing. I enjoyed the new songs so much that the regular songs they didn't do really didn't matter to me. I suppose because it's the first time I saw the Eagles, I was just happy to hear them sing and play, and watch them perform.

Freypower
03-22-2008, 07:08 AM
I'm really happy to hear all of that. I'd like to know what Don's role was in Somebody. I assume he played guitar. Drumming on new songs for him, apparently, is out.

I can understand that you wouldn't notice the omission of some songs, MF, as this is the first time you have seen the band. For you, it's all new and exciting, and that is good, probably more important than what those of us who've seen them before remember.

When I said in my previous post that Don has only lost one song, I was wrong. He has also lost HITW, if we are being technical about it.

And I am deeply grateful that LROOE wasn't edited. How could it be? It would be like editing Hotel California.

Brooke
03-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks MF for the great news! I'm so glad to hear Joe is doing the main solo in LROOE!

I am a bit concerned about Don not playing drums in any of the new songs. Do they really need another guitar player?

I do miss AG and NKIT, too. They are two of my favorites. :( But, they can't play them all obviously. But, they could drop ASWTDIS! :roll:

rcknalwys
03-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm so happy for all of you that went, wish we could all have been there with you. The set list is awesome. I love that Timothy got to do 3 songs and that LROOE wasn't shortened, especially since it included a guitar solo by Joe. I was happy to hear that so many of the songs from the new cd were included, how exciting it must be to hear them live. It's sad we don't get to hear some of the older music that we all associate with the Eagles, but can you imagine how long the set list would be if they included ALL the songs we love? Soda Scouts hit the nail on the head. Since this is the LROOE tour, it's to be expected they'd want to do as many of the new songs as possible and still keep those unfamiliar with it happy.
Mrs Frey, you take all the time you need to get your thoughts down....just not TOO long...we can't wait to hear from you. And that goes for the rest of you that were lucky enough to be there.

sodascouts
03-22-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm so pleased to hear Joe does the LROOE solo! I was so afraid all the heavy lifting would be passed to Stueart. Like Don said on "60 Minutes", nobody plays guitar like Joe Walsh. Rock on, Joe!

I too am dismayed that Henley has become the FOURTH guitar player up there for several songs. I wish he was doing this because Glenn is getting on the piano, but from the photos, that's not likely. If he's just another guitar player, Don might as well turn the guitar over and drum on it like he used to, instead of getting up there and strumming along with the other three guitarists. Now, it's not like he hasn't slapped on the guitar before for songs like Boys of Summer, and I thought it was cute how they all used to line up together. But that should be the exception, not the rule, IMHO, and it's much more understandable on solo songs than Eagles songs. Again, just my humble opinion. Obviously the Eagles don't agree.

Don, you rock on the drums! Don't hand 'em off!

katherine5832
03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Boy, this has been a loooong 5 days! I've been away from my computer and was only able to get the initial report of the set list on Thursday night at my brother's house. I was on cloud nine after I read the initial reports! I've been dying to read all of the reviews since then. I haven't read those yet, but I've read the posts in this thread. My two cents (which is pretty similar to some of the other comments):

I would've preferred Do Something over IDWTHA and LGTIT over GOTC (I think it's the catchier of the two).

I was surprised about the placement of Hotel California as well, but I'm glad they didn't put it in the second half with WITW and LROOE. I think that may have bogged the second half down with too many slower "epic-y" type songs.

I'm glad to see the solo songs left in - and as much as I still love ASWTDID, I wouldn't have been terribly disappointed to see that one go. I would've sacrificed that one for Glenn's YBTTC or another Eagles tune - maybe WDIDWMY, NKIT, TS, or AG. Aaack! I can't believe AG is, well, gone! I think that will be the one that I will miss the most!

I also would've sacrificed TITTL. Glenn's version is fine, but it's just not the same without Randy. I would've preferred to hear Glenn sing the ones already listed above or even It's Your World Now.

I was surprised to see Witchy Woman in the set list. I can take it or leave it, but I truly hope that Don plays drums on that one at least!

I'm thrilled to see Walk Away, Life's Been Good, and Funk #49! I'm surprised to see RMW as an encore song (like ASWTDID). I think the encore songs should be Eagles songs. The encores - IMHO - should have been TIE and LITFL - 1st encore and AG and Desperado - 2nd encore. I love that they end their shows with Desperado - again that's just my opinion, but it's my favorite song, so it's an extra special treat for me.

Having said all of that, however, I was just absolutely delighted to see how many songs they sang and that it was enough to warrant an intermission. I can definitely live with the set list that they have just to have the opportunity to see them again. Hurry up and come to Michigan, you guys!

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Having had some time to 'come down' from the experience of being so close to my favourite band, followed by a severe attack of PGW, I am now able to throw in my tuppence worth although its probably not much different from anybody elses!

Main points

I'm glad that the lads were still able to play for over 3 hours. Including the break we were there for nearly 4. I had been worried about comments attributed to Glenn :heart: that the gig might have been shorter, but looks like they were unfounded.

While I knew that some of the staples would have to go in order to make some room for the new ones, I was sorry to see AG already Gone and also the sun setting on TS!

While BOS was retained I was sorry that Glenn :heart: didn't get a chance to do at least one song from his solo era. In saying that I think we expected this to happen.

The selection chosen from LROOE was excellent and I was delighted that the title track was performed in its entirety. But I'd have loved to have had WDIDWMH! I would love to see the Glenn :heart: /Don interaction in it unfold live in front of me. I'd also have loved to see Glenn :heart: do YANA but I think it would be too personal to him to do it as part of an Eagles gig.

My favourite moment had to be when Glenn :heart: took off his jacket :fainting: :fainted: and then proceeded to take the lead on 'Somebody'. (Pity the tie and a few buttons didn't follow :wink: ). He was just so HS&G singing it and totally 'in charge'. I could have listened to him forever.

I'd have loved to see Glenn :heart: take a few more leads.

Oh and from TIMTOT!
She would have loved to hear 'Fast Company' which is really growing on her when I have the cd on in the car, and would have liked to have heard Tim on 'Do Something' as well. But overall she loved her first Eagles concert!

So they are my humble opinions. It remains to be seen if they will stick with this format in all their gigs or whether they will allow some refinements along that way.

All in all a great night.....

and .....

I am even more :inlove: with Glenn :heart: Frey

Brooke
03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Thank you, Ga. It's great to hear some after the moment comments. I know you must be suffering from PGW as well as PEW.

I can only hope they continue this wonderful tour in the US ASAP! :D

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2008, 06:57 PM
SEVERE PEW and PGW! Particularly PGW!

Thanks for your comments Brooke. I hope they make it near you soon as well. Over here the radio people are calling out for them too! Dublin dates would be great! I'd go to them all!

Freypower
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm not sick of those songs you list, although frankly if Dirty Laundry went I would not lose any sleep. The songs I would like to see go are The Long Run and In The City as well as ASW, Sunset Grill and LWKUA. If Glenn has to lose any I would go with PEF and/or TITTL.

The LROOE songs I would not like to see are IDWTHA and GOTC. But given that those have already been played live, I guess they will stay. Regarding Fast Company I wouldn't object to it. What I really want is for Don to play drums on a couple of these songs.

Re-reading this thread I see how wrong I got this. The only one of the songs I wanted dropped which has been,was Sunset Grill.

My disappointment that Don has chosen not to play drums on even ONE new song remains. I know he's over 60. The suspicion unfortunately has to be that he didn't play drums on the album at all, even though he is credited with it. It is a novelty to see him playing guitar behind Glenn and sharing a mic with Tim when so often it is the other way around.

I wish they'd had a bit more faith in the songs they wrote. They are doing too many new songs by outside artists. The only new songs written by the band that they are playing live are BBF, WITW, NMCD and LROOE. NMWITW was arranged by Don & Steuart but is based on a poem by someone else.

I honestly don't think it would hurt Glenn to at least try WDIDWMH. I think he would be surprised by the response it would get. I still think the second half of the show is too safe and too reliant on Joe and Don's solo material.

Mrs Frey
04-03-2008, 03:02 AM
You know, FP, I'm inclined to agree with you about Glenn's :heart: apparent lack of faith in his own abilities. I know I said before that I had no complaints about the set list and that it was just fantastic to see and hear them play live for the first time, but I would also have loved to see WDIDWMH performed. I truly love the song and Glenn's :heart: voice is just superb singing it. He sings with so much feeling and emotion, and I love the way Don takes over the lead vocals towards the end - that would have been mindblowing to see live.

It's also true to say, though, that if the boys sang everything we wanted them to sing, they would be up there for 5 hours! :lol: I wanted Timothy to sing at least three songs, and he did that. I was very happy with Don's selection of lead vocal duties, and enjoyed Joe's contribution as well.

The main question is this: what would they have dropped in favour of WDIDWMH? NMCD? I would not have wanted them to drop the latter - it's one of my big favourites. I can only imagine that they want a variety of material, with country rockers, ballads, out-and-out rockers and medium-paced material. They certainly had that, and I love a versatile band. They're so good at everything they do.

Glennsallnighter
04-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Fp and MF I too have said that the one song I would have loved to have heard and didn't was WDIDWMH! I think it is a fantastic song and I'd say the dialogue between Glenn :heart: and Don live would have been so special. According to the tour book it has been released as a single, so maybe they'll bow to the pressure and include it in future shows. I would love to see Glenn :heart: featuring a bit more in the second half of the show.

sodascouts
04-03-2008, 12:31 PM
WDIDWMH is the next single - I wonder if there will be a video for it? How awesome would that be?!!

Glennsallnighter
04-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I'd say it will be absolutely thrilling! Can't wait!

Freypower
04-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Don't get me started. :shock: :fainted: :nahnah:

Mrs Frey
04-04-2008, 02:05 AM
OOOOH... Now THAT is exciting... :yay:

FP, I love your last emoticon! :lol:

glenneaglesfan
04-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Whoa, I hadn't spotted that about WDIDWMH in the tourbook. If it's correct, it should have been released in February. The tourbook isn't entirely gremlin free - it lists NKIT as a single off the Greatest Hits album. :?

But if WDIDWMH is released as a single, PLEEEEASE let there be a video.

Fan_For_Life
06-21-2009, 11:59 AM
To add to the set list discussion: They played BBF and Somebody at our shows. Seems not too long after is when they deleted these songs.

I wouldn't mind them taking solo songs out and adding more Eagles songs. Delete couple of the solo songs and bring back the two they've taken out. Glad to hear whatever they choose but Already Gone would be a nice song to include as well. :)

cynd1231
06-21-2009, 12:27 PM
WDIDWMH as a single -- HURRAY!!!!!!! A video would be awesome. My granddaughter cracks me up when it plays. She recognizes the intro and says, "Oh, no, it's Glenn's broken heart song!" She may only be 4 but the girl has got class.

Freypower
06-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately, you need to read the dates of the previous posts. This was back in April 2008. Not a word has been heard since about WDIDWMH being released as a single (although it may have been). There was certainly no video.

luvthelighthouse
06-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Yes, this thread was brought froward because we were hijacking a different thread.

I was lamenting about how I wish they'd ditch the solo songs and add in more LROOE songs. I'd love to hear Do Something and It's Your World Now... actually, there are several I'd like to hear... but especially those two.

Don't get me wrong, I love their solo songs... but alas... it's an "Eagles" concert... not a Henley show or Walsh show. I want Eagles.

EagleLady
06-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes, this thread was brought froward because we were hijacking a different thread.

I was lamenting about how I wish they'd ditch the solo songs and add in more LROOE songs. I'd love to hear Do Something and It's Your World Now... actually, there are several I'd like to hear... but especially those two.

Don't get me wrong, I love their solo songs... but alas... it's an "Eagles" concert... not a Henley show or Walsh show. I want Eagles.

Yes well, If I paid to see them sing ASWTDID or RMW, Then I want them to play them. IMHO

Freypower
06-21-2009, 11:33 PM
EL, they no longer play ASWTDID. You seem to be implying that you have 'paid' to hear it. If you don't would you ask for a refund? I can hardly ask for a refund if I don't hear Somebody, if the band does not wish to play it. But I would rather hear Somebody and any other song from LROOE, than solo songs.

EagleLady
06-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Technically I have if It is on their setlist and I buy tickets to go see them.

luvthelighthouse
06-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Yes well, If I paid to see them sing ASWTDID or RMW, Then I want them to play them. IMHO

I don't understand this? I'm not talking about individual songs "I" want to hear... but rather, if I'm going to an Eagles show for the LROOE tour, I would expect to hear Eagles songs from the album they are supporting, not solo songs.

I want to hear Nightengale and Outlaw Man... but I know that won't happen... however, they are no longer supporting those albums, so I don't expect it. I do expect to hear a good number of songs off the current album they are supposed to be supporting instead of being a tribute to themselves.

Also, if I didn't frequent this site, I wouldn't have ANY idea of what their set list was. As a matter of fact, I didn't even realize bands had set set lists until recently.

When I go to a concert, I just go w/the flow and wait for what's next... I'd never look up their set list.

Freypower
06-22-2009, 12:10 AM
And as I pointed out, ASWTDID is no longer on the setlist.

Before last night's show I deliberately didn't even look at the setlist on my Simon & Garfunkel Old Friends DVD. I wanted to be surprised (something that unfortunately will apparently never happen with the Eagles unless it's 'oh, look what's been dropped now'). I don't want to go to a show with some sort of cast iron guarantee that a particular song will be played. However, I would like to see more flexibility from the Eagles that does not necessarily include dropping the new songs.

I am with LTL on this issue, and I know that we both sound critical of the band, but the point is valid.

EagleLady
06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
:shrug: I love to hear the solo songs as well, which was the point I was trying to make

Freypower
06-22-2009, 12:16 AM
And I understand your point. But those songs have been played by the band for years. Yet suddenly we have a stack of new songs which have the label 'Eagles' on them, and they are apparently not good enough to be played live.

I am well aware that BOS, LBG and RMW in particular are crowd pleasers. BUT.... and it is a very large 'but'..... some of us wish to hear the Eagles playing Eagles songs.

Of course I suppose I have my own axe to grind here, as all the solo songs are by Don and Joe. How thankful I am that I did get to see Smuggler's Blues in 1995 before it disappeared. Some lucky people even saw The Heat Is On.

06-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Well, I’ll continue here with the points I was trying to make in the other thread. I know that there are some hardcore fans who would prefer to hear more of the new material, including myself. I have said many times that if I could do the set list for the band, I would definitely make some changes as I’m sure each of you would. However, I also believe that a large majority of fans who attend Eagles shows want and expect to hear the hit songs that they are familiar with, including some of the solo songs that were huge hits. To me, Joe’s solo songs in particular, are an indispensable part of the live shows. I observed the audience’s reactions very closely at each of the LROOE shows that I have attended. The new music got a pretty good polite reception as opposed to Joe who the audience goes wild over. There is just no denying this and that is why I think that the current set list has proven to be a successful formula. I’m not saying that the shows wouldn’t still be great if some changes are made, and again, I could name a few changes that I would welcome. But by and large, the basic format that is being used has been in place since HFO, and the bottom line is that the band remains one of the most successful touring acts ever since the reunion. It is virtually impossible to please everyone, so you have to go with what most fans want to hear. In that regard, I agree with the overall choices the band makes.

Also, if I didn't frequent this site, I wouldn't have ANY idea of what their set list was. As a matter of fact, I didn't even realize bands had set set lists until recently.

Exactly, ltl. I think that most casual concert goers are like this. They go to a concert not knowing what they will hear, but expecting to hear the music they are familiar with. And I think they would be very disappointed if they heard mostly unfamiliar music instead of the hits they love.

luvthelighthouse
06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
But Dreamer... don't you think with a set list of 28 songs that they could play 10 LROOE songs (remember it's a double disc and could be treated as two albums) and 18 hits?

I do agree w/you about Joe's material. The crowd does go wild. However, I think that is because Joe has such an image as a showman, that people feel he comes alive during his songs...not so much when playing along w/the band. KWIM? Don't get me wrong, I was the first one standing when they played Funk#49... It just goes back to my thoughts of, if you are touring to support an album, play the album and support it.

I beleive the basis of our ideals are the same.

Prettymaid
06-22-2009, 05:18 PM
And I don't think this would be an issue if they would just quit dropping songs - any songs. I understand if one of them is not feeling well and simply unable to do the song justice but then it should be put right back in. C'mon guys - quit cutting songs! What'd they start with - nine songs from LROOE? And now they're doing - what - seven?

06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
And I don't think this would be an issue if they would just quit dropping songs - any songs. I understand if one of them is not feeling well and simply unable to do the song justice but then it should be put right back in. C'mon guys - quit cutting songs! What'd they start with - nine songs from LROOE? And now they're doing - what - seven?

PM - ITA!!! I said in the other thread where this was being discussed that this is what I have a major problem with as well. I really believe that one of the reasons the formula that the band has used has been so successful is because even though the band's tickets are among the most expensive of any touring act, fans didn't feel too cheated because they were getting a 3-hour, 30 song set list. I'm not sure that will continue if the band is only going to perform a 2 1/2 hour, 26 or 27 song show. I think the fans deserve 28 songs at the very least. But we'll see - I've been wrong before. :-)

But Dreamer... don't you think with a set list of 28 songs that they could play 10 LROOE songs (remember it's a double disc and could be treated as two albums) and 18 hits?

ltl - I was very satisfied with the mix of old and new in the shows I saw (they performed 9 LROOE songs in a 28 song set list). Now again, would I personally have loved to have heard more LROOE material - absolutely. BUT, I honestly don't think the casual fans around me wanted too. This is JMHO based on what I observed.

I'll go ahead and post my list of the LROOE songs I would include should the band be inclined to let me prepare their set list. :wink: :wink:

1st Set Openers

How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Do Something
Last Good Time In Town

These are the four songs I would open the show with. Even though BBF isn't a favorite of mine, it is probably the right choice. I personally like Do Something much more than I Don't Want To Hear Any More and would love to hear it live. Joe's new songs are a toss up for me. Honestly, Guilty of the Crime probably plays better live, but I love LGTIT too.

Acoustic Set

No More Walks In the Woods (opener)
Waiting In the Weeds

No More Walks In the Woods is not a favorite of mine either, but it is awesome live, and, again, I think it is the right choice. Actually, I'd much rather hear Seven Bridges Road and would gladly give up a LROOE song to hear it. If I replaced it with another LROOE song it would be What Do I Do With My Heart. And yes - even though I love the song, I cut No More Cloudy Days since this was performed throughout the F1 tour.

2nd Set Opener

Somebody

Ist Encore

Long Road Out of Eden
I Dreamed There Was No War

I think this is an interesting topic, so I hope others will respond.

Freypower
06-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I do like your thinking, Dreamer. I agree with your four openers. I would always have had Do Something and LGTIT. They are much better songs than the ones currently played (IMO).

I can't bear for NMCD to be cut. I have only seen it once. But I think either WDIDWMH, YANA or IYWN would work in that slot.

If you are talking about crowd pleasers, then IDTWNW would have to be substantially rearranged. I suspect that these 'casual fans' would not take to Glenn and an acoustic guitar, good showcase for him though it would be. It could be played before NMWITW. I would LOVE the title track to be an encore.

Somebody MUST remain. My question to Glenn is how will the song build a following amongst 'casual fans' if he continues to drop it? It rocks.

My controversial choice here is that Dirty Laundry should be replaced by Business As Usual. No, not Frail Grasp. Its lyrics are a bit contentious. BAU, I believe, would go down well.

I previously posted in this thread about the older Eagles songs which I would like to see dropped and I make no further comment except to say that for me an Eagles show without New Kid In Town is missing something extremely vital.

Troubadour
06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
It is very interesting to hear which LROOE tracks others would like included in a live show. My own list doesn't differ too much from Dreamer's, except that I would like to hear Guilty Of The Crime instead of Last Good Time In Town. Very simply, I prefer it on the album, and I can well imagine that it does play better live. It's fun, and, for some reason, I just can't quite get to grips with LGTIT.

Long Road Out Of Eden and Waiting In The Weeds are absolute musts, in my mind. They are my two favourite songs on the album and I cannot wait to hear them live. Lyrically and musically, they are masterpieces. I also think No More Walks In The Wood should stay. I would love to hear Seven Bridges Road, but in the absence of that, this song live will send tingles up my spine. I've grown to really appreciate it on the album. It's haunting and the lyrics are beautiful. Vocally, superb.

I've stated before that it took me a while to really see what all the fuss was about regarding Somebody, but I love it now. I can imagine Glenn rocking it on stage, and for that reason I think would be a shame if it were dropped. It's a chance for them to have a bit of fun.

I would not include I Dreamed There Was No War, purely because I think there are others that the crowd would enjoy more live. I do admire this piece of music though, and I would certainly consider it a treat if I had the opportunity to hear it performed.

FP's idea of replacing Dirty Laundry with Business As Usual is interesting. I like it in theory, although DL is certainly more of a crowd-pleaser, and probably a stronger song, on the whole. I'm a fan of BAU though, and I can see the comparison in terms of the sentiments within the songs. I would love to see Frail Grasp included. That's probably more down to my own desire to see Don performing this song (!) but I could see it working. Yes, I guess it's controversial, but people know what to expect from the Eagles. Not necessarily an 'easy ride', lyrically! It's funky, too.

Do Something is one of my personal favourites - sweet and uplifting. I would much rather this than I Don't Want To Hear Any More. BBF is a great song, and any chance to see Don out front is fine by me ;)

Given their back catalogue, it must be extremely difficult to decide what songs to play. It's fun speculating and constructing 'dream' lists, but I guess it's impossible to satisfy everybody. I agree with PM about cutting songs though - I do find it a bit disheartening. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they're talking about these things!

06-22-2009, 10:42 PM
If you are talking about crowd pleasers, then IDTWNW would have to be substantially rearranged. I suspect that these 'casual fans' would not take to Glenn and an acoustic guitar, good showcase for him though it would be. It could be played before NMWITW. I would LOVE the title track to be an encore.

FP, I don’t understand why you think IDTWNW would have to be rearranged. First of all, in Niagara Falls, Glenn performed the song with an electric guitar, not an acoustic, with very subtle, but beautiful backup from the band. The song is only about 2 ½ minutes long, so I certainly don’t think he would have any trouble holding the crowd's attention. I mean some of the intros to songs like HC, Funk #49, and Heartache Tonight are almost that long. I do agree that it could also work at the beginning of the acoustic set to replace the unrecognizable song that they are playing now. BTW, that reminds me that I’ve been meaning to post this question for a long time now – does anyone know the name of the song that they are currently playing? I seriously don’t recognize it as anything the guys in the band have ever composed.

My controversial choice here is that Dirty Laundry should be replaced by Business As Usual. No, not Frail Grasp. Its lyrics are a bit contentious. BAU, I believe, would go down well.

Now, I am one that thinks that The Boys of Summer and Dirty Laundry should never be dropped. However, I also think that at least one of Glenn’s solo songs should be included – You Belong To the City rocks live! (hint hint) I do like Business As Usual a lot, but if I were going to include it, I would have to drop Busy Being Fabulous.

luvthelighthouse
06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Here are the LROOE songs I would like to hear on this tour, random order:

1) How Long - Great Opener
2) Busy Being Fabulous - Fun to sing along with
3) Do Something - I actually like and enjoy this song
4) Last Good Time In Town - Again, I actually like this song
5) It's Your World Now - This touches my "right here" spot - emotional and I love it
6) I Don't Want to Hear Anymore - Not because I love the song, but just for more TBS
7) Somebody - not because I like it, but I've had the pleasure of it live and it does rock live
8) LROOE - Because it IS the LROOE tour and should be played!
9) Waiting in the Weeds - agruably my favorite song on the CD
10) No More Walks in the Woods - I'd rather Seven Bridges Road, but as far as a capella, I'll take what I can get too.

As for solo songs/ pre-Eagles I'd like one from each guy.
Walk Away or Funk 49
Boys of Summer
The One You Love - probably not popular choice, but my fav solo Glenn
Keep on Tryin'

TimothyBFan
06-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Not that it matters, but my 2 cents...

How Long---I think you have to open with this. Anyone who has gone to a concert on the current tour knows what I'm talking about here. I can't even describe the feeling in my gut when that first opening note played and the lights went up for this song!
Do Something---I just have always liked this one better than IDWTHAM.
Guilty Of The Crime--I could probably go either way on this one, I honestly wouldn't care if it was replaced by LGTIT. Like them both.
No More Walks In The Wood-Love it and it has to stay.
Waiting In The Weeds-IMHO, it's the best song on the cd! Period!
Long Road Out Of Eden-I really don't care much for this song but it does play better live than I ever thought it would and, hey, it is the LROOE tour so I guess have to have it.
Somebody-Honestly, I didn't pay any attention to this song until I saw it live. It Rocks!!!!!
Fast Company-This is where I switch it up a bit. I really dig this song and would love to see how they would perform it live. I know I am in a minority here.
No More Cloudy Days-I know it was performed in F1 concerts but I still think it's worth seeing in this, tour also.
Business As Usual-Actually, I could put any other song off of the cd here. This just happens to be one of my faves and I would rather see it performed rather than say, Busy Being Fabulous, which I really don't care much for.

I also agree with all of you that, the crowds I saw at concerts had pretty much lukewarm, polite reception of the new stuff but when the oldies but goodies were playing, the places erupted!! People want to see Eagles classics when they come to their concerts. That includes solo stuff by Henley and Walsh more so than Frey or Schmit. I use my husband as an example, as much as he likes the Eagles music (tho he tires of it for some reason at times, LOL) he really came alive when Joe stepped up to the mike, guitar in hand, to rock out on his solo stuff. And as much as it pains me to say it, I fear that if Timothy did break into one of his tunes from a solo album, most of the audience would get up to go to the concession stand or potty. Painful but true in my opinion! Lets face it, the soundtracks of most peoples lives will include songs such as Life's Been Good and Boys Of Summer more so than Something Sad. I think Smuggler's Blues would be a good Glenn solo song if they are ever so inclined to add some of his stuff back into the setlist.

Koala
06-23-2009, 08:41 AM
This are the LROOE songs I would like to hear:

How Long
Somebody
Waiting In The Weeds
Long Road out of Eaden
Guilty Of The Crime
Last Good Time In Town
No More Walks In The Wood
Busy Being Fabulous
Do Something

Freypower
06-24-2009, 12:07 AM
If people only want to hear 'classics' did they not bother buying Long Road Out Of Eden??? Why does this syndrome persist? If they only want to hear 'classics' why go to see the band? Why not stay and home and play the CDs and DVDs if they are so set against new material. And this works for the band too. If you don't want to play those songs, why did you record the album?

There does seem to be some sort of consensus here about which songs should be played. Some songs, like MOST of Glenn's :-x and COTU, don't appear to be 'live' tracks and sadly never will be, although some lucky Borderers did see Glenn do YANA, IDTWNW and ILTWAWD (which, by the way, I would kill for, but I know it will never happen). I would like to see BAU and FGOTBP - especially if Mr Henley were to prove to us that he actually played drums on these tracks. Who knows.

Regarding YBTTC which Dreamer mentioned, it ran its course, sadly. It will not surface again.

TimothyBFan
06-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Actually FP, even if they were only singing the classics this time around, I still would of went and seen them just as often as I did. I personally don't care what they are playing, if it's the Eagles singing ANY Eagles song, old or new, group or solo, I'd be there---period!

Trust me, Tim fans feel your pain. We never get to see any of his solo stuff!

06-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Actually FP, even if they were only singing the classics this time around, I still would of went and seen them just as often as I did. I personally don't care what they are playing, if it's the Eagles singing ANY Eagles song, old or new, group or solo, I'd be there---period!

Exactly, TBF - same with me. And what about the hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of people who are seeing the band for their very first time - they want to hear the classics that they familiar with. If you just want to listen to the music, you can always stay home and play the CDs and DVDs whether it is old music or new. If this were the case, there would be no reason for any band to ever tour. Going to a live show is a totally different experience. And not only that, but many of us will then turn around and buy a concert DVD for a show that we went to see live because we like reliving that experience over and over again.

luvthelighthouse
06-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Dreamer and Brooke, I agree to an extent... BUT, then call the tour something else... a la Farwell 1. My only point is if you are going to tour in the name of LROOE to support the LROOE CD, you should at least play a good portion of the songs from that album. KWIM?

Prettymaid
06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
LTL, your frustration puts me in mind of Fleetwood Mac's Say You Will tour. The title song (Say You Will) was my favorite. I attended the concert, but they didn't play it!

sodascouts
06-24-2009, 03:30 PM
PM, I think you got unlucky. Fleetwood Mac played Say You Will at almost every show! Perhaps Stevie's voice was strained that night so they dropped it temporarily. However, they did drop two new songs from that tour: Running Through the Garden (only played the first night) and Destiny Rules (only played the first few nights). I happened to run into their "helper drummer" Taku before a show in Atlanta and asked him why they dropped the songs - that we loved them and wanted to hear them. He said, "When we played them, the audience just looked bored."

It's as simple as that, folks. If the audience isn't responding, they drop it.

Brooke
06-24-2009, 04:19 PM
And we hardcore fans know the new songs, but the bulk of the fans are 'casual fans'. Therefore......(insert ax smilie)

Please tell me no! Glenn, honey, you have cut enough of your songs as it is. Please don't cut Somebody. (And if your listening, bring back NKIT, AG, and TS, for pete's sake and mine!)

Besides the classics, I want to hear all the new ones from LROOE that they started out with. I might change Tim's IDWTHAM to Do Something. I loved hearing WITW, LROOE, S, GOTC, and NMWITW.

:pray:

Fan_For_Life
06-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Exactly, TBF - same with me. And what about the hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of people who are seeing the band for their very first time - they want to hear the classics that they familiar with. If you just want to listen to the music, you can always stay home and play the CDs and DVDs whether it is old music or new. If this were the case, there would be no reason for any band to ever tour. Going to a live show is a totally different experience. And not only that, but many of us will then turn around and buy a concert DVD for a show that we went to see live because we like reliving that experience over and over again.

I love How Long as the starter especially the way they choreographed the lights to flick on as soon as they strummed the first strum. Nothing new but what a breath taker when the lights came on with the four of them standing there. The way I'd seen them numerous times via pics, dvds or what not(pre_LROOE tour) to see it for myself took the whole Eagles experience to a whole other level.

Most bands do have "set" set lists but to take away from the list isn't something I would expect to happen. Unless circumstances are keeping them from being able to perform them. Then I think it could be easily accepted.

Hearing DL, BOS, Life's Been Good were certainly hightlights of the show. Would've loved it more if I could've heard You Belong To The City as well. In support of the LROOE tour I think a couple more songs from the album should make it back on the list. Or add Already Gone and You Belong To The City and Smugglers Blues. :thumbsup:

Freypower
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
And we hardcore fans know the new songs, but the bulk of the fans are 'casual fans'. Therefore......(insert ax smilie)

Please tell me no! Glenn, honey, you have cut enough of your songs as it is. Please don't cut Somebody. (And if your listening, bring back NKIT, AG, and TS, for pete's sake and mine!)

Besides the classics, I want to hear all the new ones from LROOE that they started out with. I might change Tim's IDWTHAM to Do Something. I loved hearing WITW, LROOE, S, GOTC, and NMWITW.

:pray:

Hear hear.

In my case I will have waited six years and paid over $500 to see Glenn sing the grand total of ONE different song, after he has cut four I saw before plus one I never even got to see.

I am sorry, but that is not right. You can all say to me 'well, don't go then' but that would break my heart.

TimothyBFan
06-25-2009, 07:01 AM
I shouldn't probably go here but you all know I will anyways.....

If they are dropping songs...are they dropping ticket prices also? Just asking!:|

06-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Hear hear.

In my case I will have waited six years and paid over $500 to see Glenn sing the grand total of ONE different song, after he has cut four I saw before plus one I never even got to see.

I am sorry, but that is not right. You can all say to me 'well, don't go then' but that would break my heart.

Well, FP, I’m not trying to break your heart or be harsh, but it does seem that your options are limited here. Since you aren’t hiring the band to play for your own personal private event, unfortunately, you don’t get a say in the set list. :wink: Therefore, if you want to go to any of the shows, you have to just accept what they choose to play. But, I absolutely agree with TBF. As I said before, I believe the fans deserve at least a 28-song set list, 3-hour show for the prices of the tickets. However, if the band chooses to cut back the number of songs, the entire fan community will have to decide whether or not the shows ares worth the price. Even though we can vent our frustrations here on this board, the only real hope we have of affecting anything is if the supply starts to outweigh the demand. Probably no amount of bitchin’ and complainin' or screamin’ and kickin’ that we do is going to change things. :cuss:

(But guys if you are reading ...) :lol:

Freypower
06-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Dreamer, you are right, and you won't hear any more complaining from me because like everyone else I will go and see them and have a good time. There isn't any point in repeating the same thing ad infinitum.

06-26-2009, 10:59 AM
like everyone else I will go and see them and have a good time

:thumbsup: FP! I've got a funny feeling that you will be so excited when they do come 'down unda' that it will all be worth the long wait!