PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from North Carolina

AgingHippieChick
01-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Hello everyone,

I just joined this message board today and I'm happy to have found it. I bought the new LROOE cd when it first came out at the end of October. I listen to it almost every day, and was thrilled to hear that it was 11 times platinum and the best selling cd of 2007. I have been an Eagles fan since the 70s and have never tired of listening to their songs. They are truly timeless. Even though the band has gotten older, they still sound great together, and I hope we can expect more new stuff in the future!!

Debbie

timfan
01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi AHC

Welcome to the Border! I'm glad you've joined us :)

I know what you mean about listening to the new cd constantly; I do the same.. for me I find myself especially listening to the first disc a lot!

AgingHippieChick
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi there Timfan and thanks for the welcome. Yes, disc 1 is also my favorite. It makes me feel young again!!! :D

DonFan
01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Debbie! As one aging hippie chick (love your username, BTW) to another, welcome to the board!

I have been an Eagles fan since the 70s as well. I also have been listening to LROOE constantly since it was (conveniently) released on my birthday last October. I can't say I love disc one more than disc two, though--I have favorite songs on both!

Dana

Ive always been a dreamer
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Welcome from me too, AHC. We are glad you found us and hope you have a good time here on The Border. I am another one who has been a die hard Eagles fan from the very beginning. But, they just keep getting better and better, don't they? I keep playing both discs from LROOE over and over, but still can't decide which one I like best. I am also your neighbor from Virginia. This is a great place to learn a lot about the band and to have a lot of fun. Enjoy yourself!

Maleah
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey there and a big WELCOME to the board from me! Glad to have you! Disc 1 is definently my favorite as well, but I do have a few on disc 2 that I really like as well. 8)

EasyFeeling
01-21-2008, 04:55 AM
Welcome from me too. :bye:

Brooke
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Welcome from me, too, Debbie! I've also been a fan since the beginning of the Eagles. Aren't they just the greatest?! Glad you found us!

I've been listening to the new cd pretty much constantly since it came out, too, but I really can't decide which disc is my fave either. I like songs on both.

So, do you have a favorite Eagle?

sodascouts
01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey Debbie! Love the name!

I think I prefer Disc 1, although there are great songs on Disc 2 as well, so it's a close race. I change 'em out in my car regularly, where both get heavy rotation!

Glennsallnighter
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi Debbie! Love the name too! Welcome from me in Dublin. Hope you enjoy posting on the board and sharing your Eagle love with other like minded people! By the way, do you have a favourite Eagle or do you just love 'em all?

Freypower
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Welcome from Australia.

I actually think I prefer Disc 2 of LROOE at the moment.

Molly
01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi Debbie -welcome to the board!

It is fun having new stuff to listen to, isn't it? And of course, the hope of seeing them live!

Enjoy The Border!

rcknalwys
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
welcome to the Border from me also AHC. Love the sn, I think it fits a lot of us here :wink: . I love the new cd as well and tend to listen to disc 1 the most. Hope you enjoy your time here, it's a great place to meet other fans and talk about the Eagles.

katherine5832
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard, AHC. I'm sure you'll enjoy the board as much as I have in the month and a half or so that I've been on. Like you, I've been listening to LROOE every day (along with their other CDs and Henley's solo CDs). It's funny, I got a new car 10 days ago and I was excited to discover that I have Sirius radio for free for a year. That excitement lasted for about 2 days and now I'm back listening to the Eagles and Henley nonstop in my car. You would think I'd get tired of them, but that hasn't been the case. Anyway, welcome again!

AgingHippieChick
01-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!!! I must say I am enjoying some of your pics and avatars of the Eagles...I guess my fave is Glenn, although Don is a close second. They are all great together. And here I was, thinking I was the only one obsessed with their new CD!! It's great to meet all of you!!!

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Good Girl :D :P :D Another Glenn :heart: fan. A girl after my own heart. Pity you weren't here on the run up to the album's release. You'd have enyoyed it!

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I just joined this message board today and I'm happy to have found it. I bought the new LROOE cd when it first came out at the end of October. I listen to it almost every day, and was thrilled to hear that it was 11 times platinum and the best selling cd of 2007. I have been an Eagles fan since the 70s and have never tired of listening to their songs. They are truly timeless. Even though the band has gotten older, they still sound great together, and I hope we can expect more new stuff in the future!!

Debbie

Welcome to The Border, Debbie! :yay: I'm so happy that you've joined us. I'm sorry I only welcome you now, but I don't have internet access over weekends, and I didn't have time to post any messages yesterday! :( I too love LROOE - it's a brilliant album and I listen to it daily. I wish I could say that I've been an Eagles fan since the '70s, but I was born when "Hotel California" came out so I missed out! I became a fan of their music about three and a half years ago now, but became pretty obsessed in February 2007, when I saw "Hell Freezes Over" for the first time. I fell in love with Glenn :heart: and I've been lost ever since. :wink: I found this website the next day!

I agree with you that the Eagles are timeless. Their songs, their instrumentation, their VOICES - they're one of the greatest groups of all time, in my opinion (and they're gorgeous, too... :smitten: ).

I look forward to reading many more posts from you! :computer: :D

Perfect Little Sister
01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
OMG, I love your screen name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the border. We're so happy you're here! :blueblob:

glenneaglesfan
01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Welcome from me, too, Debbie. It's great to have another die-hard fan on board. I've loved the Eagles since the mid 70s as well, and like everyone else here, LROOE has been in my car ever since I got hold of it.