PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger, Dead at Age 28

sodascouts
01-22-2008, 07:11 PM
This news just broke an hour ago. Apparently few details are known, but drugs may have been involved.

So young. :(

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003699996

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jpzdve6RF9k9My1ItZGj3eRprEEwD8UB6JT81

Freypower
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I just read that. It's very sad as he was a promising Australian actor. Australians always try to come across as squeaky clean and not involved in 'unsavoury' activities but apparently not in this case. :cry:

DonFan
01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Heath has been one of my daughter Rachel's favorite actors, since A Knight's Tale. She was looking forward to seeing him play The Joker in the new Batman movie this summer. This is so, so sad.

Freypower
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Some of these comments on the ABC website strike me as somewhat inappropriate.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/23/2144369.htm

I will refrain from comment except that it is very sad for his young daughter.

katherine5832
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm sad to hear about Heath Ledger's death, but now my sadness is being replaced by anger. I'm so pissed at the media for attempting to turn this into something tawdry when the poor guy hasn't even been gone for 12 hours. Why can't they just report that he passed away and stop the speculating. They report that he was found naked as if that is significant. Maybe he sleeps in the nude, maybe he had just taken a shower, maybe he was getting ready for his massage. They report that pills and pill bottles were found around him and his apartment and then as an afterthought they mention that he had possibly been suffering from pneumonia and insomnia. Gee, perhaps he was on medication for one or both of these things. I just wish they'd shut up already and let the facts unfold.

And then you've got the ghouls outside his apartment taking pictures (both paparazzi and bystanders) as they remove the body. Niiiiiice. What's wrong with these people?

25 years later and these words have never seemed truer:

"We can do the 'innuendo'
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king
Give us dirty laundry!"

Mrs Frey
01-23-2008, 02:02 AM
My father heard about this tragedy on the news this morning and called me to tell me. I was very shocked and saddened, and my deepest condolences go to his family, friends and especially his little daughter.

Katherine, your Don Henley lyric quote couldn't be more appropriate. The media has never cared about people's feelings. Selling newspapers and ratings have always been of paramount importance to them. I learnt that very early in life. Well, what goes around comes around. :evil:

tbs fanatic
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
OMG I was so saddened when I heard this. Just a couple of days ago I saw him in the movie "I'm Not There" and I came home saying how great Heath Ledger was in it. It sounds like a terrible accident with sleeping pills. I heard on the radio that he had given an interview where he said he started having trouble sleeping while filming the Batman movie where he plays the Joker. He was only getting about two hours sleep and that he'd been trying different sleeping aids to get in a good nights sleep. It's a terrible loss. I loved all his movies.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
This really is terribly sad. My thoughts are with his family.

EasyFeeling
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I've read it in the internet this morning. That's really sad. I must admit I haven't seen many films with him, only Brokeback Mountain.

tbs fanatic
01-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh, you should try and rent some. I especially liked him in 'Monster's Ball' and 'Knights Tale' and if 'I'm Not There' reaches your cinema you should check it out - everyone in that is very good.

Maleah
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I was absolutely shocked when I heard about this. Such a sad day. Any loss of life is sad and devastating.....but so talented and still so very young and leaving a very young daughter behind. Tragic :cry:

EasyFeeling
01-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Oh, you should try and rent some. I especially liked him in 'Monster's Ball' and 'Knights Tale' and if 'I'm Not There' reaches your cinema you should check it out - everyone in that is very good.

Ok, I will check it out. Thanks TBS. :)

glenneaglesfan
01-24-2008, 06:14 AM
This is very sad. I read about it on the BBC website yesterday. I have only seen him in 'A Knight's Tale', but he seemed to have a great future ahead of him. My condolences to his family and friends.

Glennsallnighter
01-24-2008, 08:40 AM
I echo that sentiment also. I saw him in 'A Knights tale' as well. My sympathies to his daughter and his family and friends.

tbs fanatic
01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Did you hear about the guy who phoned various celebrities claiming to be Heath's father :shock: :shock: My God - some people are beyond words.

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Disgusting. There are some sick people out there.

Freypower
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I was not impressed by the religious extremists who picketed his memorial service with signs saying 'God hates fags' and implying that he is in hell because he played a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

They are entitled to their beliefs but Heath Ledger did no harm to them.

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Those people embarrass themselves and reflect badly on religion. They make me cringe.

Perfect Little Sister
01-31-2008, 03:27 AM
What a wonderfully "Christian" thing to do. :headshake:

Mrs Frey
01-31-2008, 06:49 AM
Good grief. What an awful thing to do. :evil:

Maleah
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Those people embarrass themselves and reflect badly on religion. They make me cringe.

I totally agree :?

tbs fanatic
01-31-2008, 10:39 AM
I live in Kansas and there is this family that are a bunch of 'so called religious' nuts who go and protest at funerals, concerts, art shows - actually anywhere where they think the artist, person could be gay. It is disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't them planning the Ledger protest. They are completely off the wall.

tbs fanatic
02-07-2008, 11:24 AM
So, as suspected, it was an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. How sad. You have to wonder what he was doing with so many different types though :?

Brooke
02-07-2008, 03:58 PM
This is so sad. Why do these doctors just keep prescribing these drugs to these people? I know.....$$$$$$$$