PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Tour

Dawn
11-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Special thanks to Border member New Kid In Town for the heads up about the Eagles continuing to tour in 2018. :cheers:

---------

One word answer? Yes,” the band’s longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with “an Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. We’re just talking about a handful” of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey. Vince Gill and Frey’s son Deacon have stepped in to handle Frey’s vocals and guitar work to great acclaim. While live dates are planned, any studio recordings are unlikely.

“The Eagles are in an experimental phase,” Azoff said. “I look at is as not really an Eagles tour; it’s really a celebration of their music. We just kind of do things that feel right. I don’t know how long it’ll go. I don’t speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the public’s willingness to listen at this point. I’m not going to suggest it, anyway.”

http://bestclassicbands.com/eagles-tour-2018-azoff-exclusive-11-14-17/

More from same link

In an interview published in the Las Vegas Sun today (Nov. 14), where he has three shows at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay, Joe Walsh was asked about the group’s string of 2017 dates and whether the band would tour in 2018:

“Yes, we are. You know, we had to try. We didn’t know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glenn’s son said OK and stepped up; he’s 23 and he’s great. He doesn’t know he’s great but he’s great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and he’s a brilliant musician.

“So we rehearsed and I was really nervous about it, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.”

New Kid In Town
11-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Thanks again for bringing that forward Dawn. Well, interesting Irving says they will not do any recordings. However, I don't believe a word he says. Time will tell. Interesting he is now not calling it an "Eagles Tour". So, in all seriousness, would they be a tribute band ?

YoungEaglesFan
11-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Though I know many on here don’t support the current iteration of the band, I’m Very happy they are continuing in 2018. I hope they come to Massachusetts so I don’t have to drive far but anywhere in New England would be great. Very excited

YoungEaglesFan
11-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Thanks again for bringing that forward Dawn. Well, interesting Irving says they will not do any recordings. However, I don't believe a word he says. Time will tell. Interesting he is now not calling it an "Eagles Tour". So, in all seriousness, would they be a tribute band ?

I think he’s being honest because he isn’t ruling out recordings, he just doesn’t think there would be a market for it anymore.

shunlvswx
11-14-2017, 02:42 PM
I would get excited, but I'm not going to. Nobody cares. I'm just going to that to myself. :cry:

Delilah
11-14-2017, 03:04 PM
I would get excited, but I'm not going to. Nobody cares. I'm just going to that to myself. :cry:

Shun, I believe there are a number of us who are excited. And there’s nothing wrong with being excited. This probably won’t be the thread to express that though. It’s just going to be a re-hash of 3.0 where the same dead horse will be beaten over and over. Which is why I doubt I’ll be posting here. I may start a thread in the Eagles Guest sub-forum at some point.

Dawn
11-14-2017, 03:11 PM

I hope they aren't being too ambitious 40 to 50 concerts is not an insignificant number of shows. Remember they only did 8 this year from summer thru fall.

Dawn
11-14-2017, 03:16 PM
The Jimmy Buffet pairing didn't surprise me. I am wondering who else they will team up with or if they are going to fly solo. Any ideas? Wishful thinking?

Dawn
11-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Shun, I believe there are a number of us who are excited. And there’s nothing wrong with being excited. This probably won’t be the thread to express that though. It’s just going to be a re-hash of 3.0 where the same dead horse will be beaten over and over. Which is why I doubt I’ll be posting here. I may start a thread in the Eagles Guest sub-forum at some point.

Hey now. Is that really necessary?

New Kid In Town
11-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Shun - You have every right to be excited. I hope they come near you so you can see them. You do so much for this board and it is greatly appreciated.:smile:

I have no desire to rehash the same things over and over. I hope those who have never seen the guys in concert are able to go next year. Who knows how much longer they will keep touring. If they come near you - go and enjoy yourself !

Delilah
11-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Hey now. Is that really necessary?

Yes, I believe it is. Sorry, I don’t want to throw shade on this thread. But the 3.0 thread was a negative and at times toxic thread. I was attacked. I stopped posting there and I’m sure I’m not the only one who did. People left the board due to the negativity.

I understand there were fans who wanted to express their anger, frustration and disappointment. Many said their piece and then moved on. Others did not. With this new announcement I’m just anticipating some of the reactions, which are understandable. But I’d rather not take part in the negativity esp. if it’s just all more circular and repetitive arguments.

Freypower
11-14-2017, 05:09 PM
One word answer? Yes,” the band’s longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with “an Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. We’re just talking about a handful” of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey. Vince Gill and Frey’s son Deacon have stepped in to handle Frey’s vocals and guitar work to great acclaim. While live dates are planned, any studio recordings are unlikely.

“The Eagles are in an experimental phase,” Azoff said. “I look at is as not really an Eagles tour; it’s really a celebration of their music. We just kind of do things that feel right. I don’t know how long it’ll go. I don’t speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the public’s willingness to listen at this point. I’m not going to suggest it, anyway.”

More from same link

In an interview published in the Las Vegas Sun today (Nov. 14), where he has three shows at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay, Joe Walsh was asked about the group’s string of 2017 dates and whether the band would tour in 2018:

“Yes, we are. You know, we had to try. We didn’t know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glenn’s son said OK and stepped up; he’s 23 and he’s great. He doesn’t know he’s great but he’s great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and he’s a brilliant musician.

“So we rehearsed and I was really nervous about it, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.”

No, he didn't.

To Shun & Delilah & those who are happy about this & want to talk about it, go ahead. Those of us who objected who did not 'move on' I believe will now do so. I am one of them. I have nothing further to add.

East Texas Girl
11-14-2017, 05:19 PM
I am actually very happy with this announcement! I would love to see them again and maybe much closer to home this time.

MaryCalifornia
11-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Great news for the guys, Glenn’s family, and the fans!! Looking forward to all of the reviews.

buffyfan145
11-14-2017, 06:01 PM
This is great news!!! :D Hopefully they will either play here in my city or another Ohio one that's close. We've already gotten a lot of good concert announcements the past couple weeks.

New Kid In Town
11-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Delilah kindly posted Joe's interview in his press thread. Here is part of the interview with Joe in Las Vegas where he is performing. He talks about the 40th anniversary of Hotel California: NOTE: Bolded part in the interview was done by me.
Quote:
The classic Eagles album “Hotel California” is coming out as a 40th anniversary deluxe edition this month, just in time for the holidays. How has the way you think about the album changed over the years? I think when it was done, after we spent just under a year working on it, we had lost our perspective on it but knew it was pretty darn good. We had no idea it was going to affect that many people. It was unheard of. We were amazed. It really turned into a big deal. I’m so proud to have been part of creating that album because a lot of musicians never get to experience that. “Grateful” is a better word. But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had. So that’s part of the big box. It’s great to watch. I can’t believe how young we are — I don’t even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think that’s the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.

People who posted there were wondering if Joe meant new concert footage or footage from HOTE dvd set when he was talking about discovered concert footage. I'll repost my thoughts here too-lol.
So Joe finally confirmed it.:lol: That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.

Wallyj58
11-14-2017, 08:43 PM

More from same link

Great to hear that

YoungEaglesFan
11-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Delilah kindly posted Joe's interview in his press thread. Here is part of the interview with Joe in Las Vegas where he is performing. He talks about the 40th anniversary of Hotel California: NOTE: Bolded part in the interview was done by me.
Quote:
The classic Eagles album “Hotel California” is coming out as a 40th anniversary deluxe edition this month, just in time for the holidays. How has the way you think about the album changed over the years? I think when it was done, after we spent just under a year working on it, we had lost our perspective on it but knew it was pretty darn good. We had no idea it was going to affect that many people. It was unheard of. We were amazed. It really turned into a big deal. I’m so proud to have been part of creating that album because a lot of musicians never get to experience that. “Grateful” is a better word. But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had. So that’s part of the big box. It’s great to watch. I can’t believe how young we are — I don’t even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think that’s the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.

People who posted there were wondering if Joe meant new concert footage or footage from HOTE dvd set when he was talking about discovered concert footage. I'll repost my thoughts here too-lol.
So Joe finally confirmed it.:lol: That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.

There is definitely proof they have at least more CC concert film than is in the release as in the documentary there are numerous times of them having videos from the second day or something I noticed where They showed a clip with Glenn playing old black which is not shown in the film of the concert. I REALLY hope they release film from the HOTE tour. I never saw them during that tour but some of the deeper cuts and having Bernie there made it a cool tour. I doubt they have more than 5 concerts filmed from the 70’s but who knows. I hope that at some point this stuff is released

Magnolia
11-14-2017, 09:46 PM
I would love to see them in 2018. I never got a chance to see them live when Glenn was alive so I'll take my chance if they ever come to play near me.

maryc2130
11-14-2017, 09:57 PM
Great news for the guys, Glenn’s family, and the fans!! Looking forward to all of the reviews.

Have to agree with the other Mary C. Well said!

sodascouts
11-14-2017, 10:22 PM

I try to keep it limited to that thread - and you bring it up here. You actually took a thread that didn't have any conflict and created it, in order to complain about a conflict that exists in one thread on the forum. You thus ensured that it now exists in more than one thread.

I find that highly ironic.

I also find it very disappointing.

Dawn
11-14-2017, 10:37 PM

Thanks again NKIT I had some connectivity trouble editing my original post to thank you but finally got it right.

That's an interesting question. All I know is once again the way this was made public leaves alot to be desired. Two different sources, two different statements.

sodascouts
11-14-2017, 10:42 PM

So the "Classic" dates will be the Eagles and Jimmy Buffett now? Interesting. I wondered if they had abandoned the "Classic" marketing once they went for the "Eagles" tour. Apparently not entirely.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey.
"Next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows."This is what I don't get. Why is Azoff so coy? It's going to come out anyway. He acts like they're still agonizing over whether or not to play dates. It's so disingenuous. The decision has long since been made.

At any rate, with 40-50 dates, I imagine anyone in the US who is keen to see them will have an opportunity.

"I don’t speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the public’s willingness to listen at this point. I’m not going to suggest it, anyway.”Well, I daresay he's right that it wouldn't sell.

sodascouts
11-14-2017, 10:48 PM
“I look at it as not really an Eagles tour; it’s really a celebration of their music."

This is how I've wanted to hear it characterized from the outset. I, and others who think like me although I do not presume to speak for anyone but myself, would find this tour acceptable if they did not call themselves the Eagles. However, this interview is the only place I've seen such a characterization.

New Kid In Town
11-14-2017, 11:23 PM
This is what I don't get. Why is Azoff so coy? It's going to come out anyway. He acts like they're still agonizing over whether or not to play dates. It's so disingenuous. The decision has long since been made.
At any rate, with 40-50 dates, I imagine anyone in the US who is keen to see them will have an opportunity.
Well, I daresay he's right that it wouldn't sell.

Well, Irving is being coy the same way he was in March when he made the first announcement and had people speculating for a month or more before more details were released. I'd bet my bank account that he has already booked numerous shows. How far out next year do Joe, Tim and Vince have shows scheduled ? Also, don't bet that they don't release an album in the future. I don't believe a word Irving says. There are people out there who would buy an album. People leave comments on their fan FB pages all the time saying they hope they release a new album, usually the E/W concerts. I would expect an announcement next year that things have been so successful they are releasing an album. JMHO, but they will never book themselves as anything but the Eagles.

Dawn -Your Welcome. In this case I would go by what Joe says. Like I said, I bet Irving probably already has his people booking those 40-50 dates.

WalshFan88
11-14-2017, 11:31 PM
I try to keep it limited to that thread - and you bring it up here. You actually took a thread that didn't have any conflict and created it, in order to complain about a conflict that exists in one thread on the forum. You thus ensured that it now exists in more than one thread.

I agree.

If someone has a problem with the opinions in the 3.0 thread it's simple - don't read it. And certainly don't post about it in threads unrelated to it.

chaim
11-14-2017, 11:38 PM
This is not the first thread where those who don't like the band continuing have been criticized (well, not them, but their behavior) even before any of them has said anything! I don't expect that to happen in this thread.

I too found Azoff's "still in flux" comment a bit weird. Joe sounded very excited in that interview. I don't mind them being excited at this point, but why have two different messages coming from them.

sodascouts
11-14-2017, 11:47 PM
Well, Irving is being coy the same way he was in March when he made the first announcement and had people speculating for a month or more before more details were released. I'd bet my bank account that he has already booked numerous shows.

He'd have to be booking / already booked them for practical reasons alone. Venue schedules fill up - especially the kind of venues they play. He'd need to reserve dates.

Also, don't bet that they don't release an album in the future. I don't believe a word Irving says. There are people out there who would buy an album. People leave comments on their fan FB pages all the time saying they hope they release a new album, usually the E/W concerts. I would expect an announcement next year that things have been so successful they are releasing an album.True. A live release wouldn't take too much effort, and neither would throwing together some solo stuff they have lying around, adding harmonies, and calling it "EAGLES." They wouldn't sell like they used to, but they'd still make money. They'd even chart, I bet. You don't have to sell much to top the album charts these days. The younger generation doesn't buy albums. The people that attend these concerts do.

I won't count on anything.

Delilah
11-14-2017, 11:52 PM

This thread was created by someone who has been quite vocal about her opposition to the new Eagles. The following post referred to them as a tribute band. I could already sense the direction this was taking. There have been a number of attempts to bring up 3.0 in other threads, including Randy and Felder’s sub-forums. I am sorry you are disappointed but I believe I had a basis for my skepticism.

Did I jump the gun? In hindsight perhaps I did. It’s hard to know. It appears Freypower’s post has given the green light for others to express their excitement and she was responding in part to my post. (Thank you FP, as I can imagine this is a disappointing development for you).

At any rate I’ll refrain from any more comments in this regard. There is no conflict as far as I’m concerned.

New Kid In Town
11-15-2017, 12:07 AM
Well, I kind of started the post and if it caused any conflict I'm sorry. That's not what I intended. I mentioned the tribute band because of the quote where Irving says they are not calling it an Eagles tour and stated it was a tribute to Eagles music. My question about them being called a tribute band was serious. If he is not calling it an Eagles tour than what is it going to be called ?
I really don't want to argue with people - that's not what I joined this board for. I have said what I have to say about the band and have moved on. I have also stated numerous times that I hope if people have the opportunity to see the guys they should go. I understand that not everyone had the opportunity to see them before Glenn passed. I had wanted to see them during the HOTE Tour and it did not work out for me.

Delilah
11-15-2017, 01:11 AM
Well, I kind of started the post and if it caused any conflict I'm sorry. That's not what I intended. I mentioned the tribute band because of the quote where Irving says they are not calling it an Eagles tour and stated it was a tribute to Eagles music. My question about them being called a tribute band was serious. If he is not calling it an Eagles tour than what is it going to be called ?
I really don't want to argue with people - that's not what I joined this board for. I have said what I have to say about the band and have moved on. I have also stated numerous times that I hope if people have the opportunity to see the guys they should go. I understand that not everyone had the opportunity to see them before Glenn passed. I had wanted to see them during the HOTE Tour and it did not work out for me.

Thank you, NKIT. I’m sorry if I misconstrued your ‘tribute band’ comment.

Annoying Twit
11-15-2017, 05:05 AM
40-50 concerts in a year is a lot.

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Yes its definitely more than a 'handful'. That an average of up to 1 a week

Philh
11-15-2017, 06:35 AM
I hope they will do some arena sized shows as stadiums are just too big. Also hoping for a UK show. This is great news that they are still touring but I fear not for too much longer.

BillBailey1976
11-15-2017, 10:43 AM
I really hope they come to Knoxville. It's been a staple of their major tours.
And it's in Country music territory, and I expect them to try to use Vince's roots to their benefit. Plus Atlanta sold out 2 shows!!! Maybe they'll feel like Knoxville would be a good stop.

shunlvswx
11-15-2017, 10:49 AM
I can see them playing Nashville. A lot of country stars will be there like they did at the Grand Ole Opry and they were even there when the guys came there during the HOTE tour. Even if Vince wasn't in the band, they will still come. A lot of them loved and were influenced by the Eagles. They can sell out Nashville.

I'm hoping for shows in Memphis, New Orleans, Bossier City/Shreveport or Birmingham. Those cities are 3 hours north, south, west and east of me(they are literally 3 hours each direction). I can only hope for them to come to Mississippi, but I don't see that happening and they haven't had a show here in MS for probably 15 years and of course I wasn't a fan back then and I didn't know they were here. My cousin decided she wants to move back to Atlanta. So I could go to Atlanta now.

Dawn
11-15-2017, 11:29 AM
Not with me it isn't. But oh well. At the end of the day there will be 40-50 Pre Concert Anticipation threads as well as 40-50 Concert Review threads for people to share their excitement. Special thanks to Soda and WF88.

Dawn
11-15-2017, 11:34 AM
40-50 concerts in a year is a lot.

Agreed.

Delilah
11-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Not with me it isn't. But oh well. At the end of the day there will be 40-50 Pre Concert Anticipation threads as well as 40-50 Concert Review threads for people to share their excitement. Special thanks to Soda and WF88.

Dawn, I’m sorry I mis-read your intentions. It’s great to see all the positive comments coming in although I realize not everyone is happy about the tour.

True there will be chances in the future to be excited. But this recent announcement confirms what many of us have been speculating about, and it’s fun to start planning now, saving our $, etc. and wondering when and if they will play close by.

Dawn
11-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Dawn, I’m sorry I mis-read your intentions. It’s great to see all the positive comments coming in although I realize not everyone is happy about the tour

Just to be clear, judging by your own words, your post wasn't a simple misreading of my intentions. It was a rush to judgment, unfair and unkind and frankly I am not going to waste my time or energy pretending otherwise.

eagles557
11-15-2017, 02:05 PM
I am so excited to hear that they will tour next year! I hope I can make it work. I doubt they will come close to where I live so I would probably have to travel. Joe said 40-50 dates and Irving said a handful of shows, so I am confused as to what the actual number is, but I will try to make it if I can. My mom and I went to The Classic Northwest in Seattle and it was fantastic, and we said that if the Eagles have just one concert in 2018, we would find a way to get there somehow. The concert, for us, was that good. Looking forward to finding out where they're going! And I would buy any audio/video concert they put out, so maybe I'm just easy. :)

Edit: After reading through the thread, I apologize to anyone who is not happy about the tour. I see where you're coming from and I understand that the hurts have not healed, and that's okay. Just because I'm excited, that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same, and I respect that. Hugs to everyone.

My My
11-15-2017, 02:43 PM
eagles557-I hope you get to go with your mom next year. And thanks for the hugs all around! Very sweet.

Witchy Woman
11-15-2017, 03:30 PM
This is how I've wanted to hear it characterized from the outset. I, and others who think like me although I do not presume to speak for anyone but myself, would find this tour acceptable if they did not call themselves the Eagles. However, this interview is the only place I've seen such a characterization.

Exactly. I would be more inclined to attend if it were categorized as a celebration of Eagles music rather than an Eagles concert. I know I posted my previous quandary, but I decided I didn't like it at all, and wanted no part of it. If they can make me believe they are genuinely interested in celebrating Glenn rather than replacing him I can get behind that.

Delilah
11-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Just to be clear, judging by your own words, your post wasn't a simple misreading of my intentions. It was a rush to judgment, unfair and unkind and frankly I am not going to waste my time or energy pretending otherwise.

I’m sorry if you think my apology is inadequate. I said I wouldn’t make any more comments regarding this and I was trying not to string things out.

Many people have strong feelings about this situation, regarding whether they do or do not support the current line-up. They have been consistent in expressing those feelings. I don’t always know where you stand. One day you declare the band ended for you in 2015 and you make disparaging remarks about the current line-up and their motivations. Another day you’re posting videos from their latest concert and creating threads about their future plans. There is nothing inherently wrong with that of course; people change their minds all the time. It can be hard to know what to expect though when it happens frequently.

In any case, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. My mistake. I apologize for rushing to judgment, being unkind and unfair.

Dawn
11-15-2017, 04:25 PM
I make no apologies for how I feel about the band and have been consistent in those thoughts/feelings while at the same time trying to be respectful of others who think and feel differently. I have posted links and info for the benefit of everyone, regardless of "where they stand" because it's not about who is right and who is wrong.

Freypower
11-15-2017, 05:20 PM
This thread was created by someone who has been quite vocal about her opposition to the new Eagles. The following post referred to them as a tribute band. I could already sense the direction this was taking. There have been a number of attempts to bring up 3.0 in other threads, including Randy and Felder’s sub-forums. I am sorry you are disappointed but I believe I had a basis for my skepticism.

Did I jump the gun? In hindsight perhaps I did. It’s hard to know. It appears Freypower’s post has given the green light for others to express their excitement and she was responding in part to my post. (Thank you FP, as I can imagine this is a disappointing development for you).

At any rate I’ll refrain from any more comments in this regard. There is no conflict as far as I’m concerned.

I appreciate your saying this. I was responding to shun's 'nobody cares' comment. She has done this a few times now. It is quite obvious that the majority of people on this board now DO care. They DO want the survivors to continue (I will not call them by the band name).

The problem now is where do those of us who disapprove now go? We are running out of options. People know our views. We lost. To use one of my least favourite sayings from the US election, perhaps we should 'suck it up, snowflakes'. I guess we should.

Or we could choose not to go quietly and proclaim how wrong we believe this to be until the crack of doom. But at the end of the day, we appear to be spoiling everyone else's fun.

MaryCalifornia
11-15-2017, 05:34 PM
FP - and therein lies the conundrum. It's never going to be a fit, because this board remains open for fans of the current lineup to continue to post about new activities. The problem is that our host, Soda, does not approve of the new activities, and neither do many longtime members, so it will be constant sniping back and forth. It is an uneasy, awkward dynamic. I feel guilty for posting about the fun new stuff the guys are doing, you feel guilty for ruining our fun. What are we all to do???

Dawn
11-15-2017, 05:42 PM
For me, I think it comes down to staying true to one's beliefs and principles. I plan to stay the course.

Freypower
11-15-2017, 05:44 PM
FP - and therein lies the conundrum. It's never going to be a fit, because this board remains open for fans of the current lineup to continue to post about new activities. The problem is that our host, Soda, does not approve of the new activities, and neither do many longtime members, so it will be constant sniping back and forth. It is an uneasy, awkward dynamic. I feel guilty for posting about the fun new stuff the guys are doing, you feel guilty for ruining our fun. What are we all to do???

There is no need for you to feel guilty. You represent the 'future' while speaking for myself, I represent the past, which is ironic for me given my political leanings. I think you will find that the minority of us who disapprove will just fade away, although as you say it makes it hard for Soda.

Now once again. you've got your new topic in which you can celebrate the 2018 tour. I have no wish to rain on your parade.

chaim
11-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Don't worry, fans of the current activities. Go visit the KISSFAQ forum and see how divided that one is. Still they manage to get by somehow. :mrgreen: No one should feel guilty for how they feel. I sure as h*** don't feel guilty saying I don't like what they're doing one bit. But I won't keep shouting it from the rooftops, because it doesn't change anything and the rest of the world doesn't have to feel like I do. I don't keep quiet about it because of guilt.

Witchy Woman
11-16-2017, 04:02 AM
I appreciate your saying this. I was responding to shun's 'nobody cares' comment. She has done this a few times now. It is quite obvious that the majority of people on this board now DO care. They DO want the survivors to continue (I will not call them by the band name).

The problem now is where do those of us who disapprove now go? We are running out of options. People know our views. We lost. To use one of my least favourite sayings from the US election, perhaps we should 'suck it up, snowflakes'. I guess we should.

Or we could choose not to go quietly and proclaim how wrong we believe this to be until the crack of doom. But at the end of the day, we appear to be spoiling everyone else's fun.

Well, FP, we may dislike it, but it will happen regardless. I will still express my displeasure, and I hope you, Soda, and everyone else who is in the minority continues to as well. I respect those who feel differently, and expect the same in return.

Philh
11-16-2017, 05:57 AM
I never knew Glenn personally but does anyone actually think that Glenn would not want fans to continue supporting the band without him? I doubt that very much. I would like to think he is in heaven looking down and smiling that his Eagles are still drawing massive crowds to the shows.

sodascouts
11-16-2017, 07:24 AM
I really don't see the need for us to justify why we support or don't support the band continuing as the Eagles without Glenn in this thread.

If you want to see how people feel on the topic, you can take a look at Eagles 3.0, and no Phil, in that thread, I haven't presented any portraits of Glenn smiling down from Heaven to justify my opinion. I do have a few less fanciful reasons, though. I just don't want to get into them here.

Of course people of both opinions can comment here, but I'd like to keep generalized discontent over the band's continuance to the Eagles 3.0 thread to avoid redundancy and keep this and other similar threads on their specific topic.

I'd just like to stay away from that so-called debate in this thread.

chaim
11-16-2017, 09:01 AM
I notice I'm contradicting myself, so I guess I'm still not sure about how I feel about them being excited about the current situation.

Delilah
11-16-2017, 10:53 AM
Don't worry, fans of the current activities. Go visit the KISSFAQ forum and see how divided that one is. Still they manage to get by somehow. :mrgreen: No one should feel guilty for how they feel. I sure as h*** don't feel guilty saying I don't like what they're doing one bit. But I won't keep shouting it from the rooftops, because it doesn't change anything and the rest of the world doesn't have to feel like I do. I don't keep quiet about it because of guilt.

I’m guessing most of the KISSFAQ members are guys? I’ve gone to the Smiley Smile board a couple of times and they can be pretty blunt.

Annoying Twit
11-16-2017, 11:51 AM
I looked at the KISSFAQ forum and didn't see much. Some people were arguing about posting of pictures of spaghetti, but I'm not sure what this is about. While there appear to be arguments about Paul Stanley's voice being shot, I didn't see anything like what I've seen here. Are there some links to particularly contentious threads?

EDIT: Thinking about the tour, one thing is that Tim seems under-used. It's perhaps different for me than for other fans as I am familiar with the songs on his solo albums, particularly LoF and Expando. However, it does seem a pity that he only gets the two songs LWKUA and ICTYW. However, the concerts are 'hits' concerts, and those are the two Eagles singles he's sung on. So, I can see why.

chaim
11-16-2017, 11:57 AM
I looked at the KISSFAQ forum and didn't see much. Some people were arguing about posting of pictures of spaghetti, but I'm not sure what this is about. While there appear to be arguments about Paul Stanley's voice being shot, I didn't see anything like what I've seen here. Are there some links to particularly contentious threads?

I was trying to lighten the mood. No need to take it this seriously. There are fans who love Thayer & Singer and those who consider Kiss half a tribute group now. And there's a constant battle between them. (No, not literally every second). Spaghetti is often mentioned by those who despise Thayer, because at some point when he worked for Kiss, but wasn't IN Kiss, he ordered pizza for Peter Criss.

Annoying Twit
11-16-2017, 12:00 PM
I was trying to lighten the mood. No need to take it this seriously. There are fans who love Thayer & Singer and those who consider Kiss half a tribute group now. And it's seen there all the time. The spaghetti is often used by those who despise Thayer, because at some point when he worked for Kiss, but wasn't IN Kiss, he ordered pizza for Peter Criss.

I wasn't taking it seriously, and thought it might be amusing to see argument over things that I'm not invested in. The pizza explanation helps; I couldn't make sense of the reference.

In reading I noticed a few people saying that they are fans of all eras of the group. I guess that's in reaction to people who aren't, but didn't see the 'reacted to' views.

chaim
11-16-2017, 12:06 PM
I wasn't taking it seriously, and thought it might be amusing to see argument over things that I'm not invested in. The pizza explanation helps; I couldn't make sense of the reference.

In reading I noticed a few people saying that they are fans of all eras of the group. I guess that's in reaction to people who aren't, but didn't see the 'reacted to' views.

There are people who can't get over Singer and Thayer being in Criss's and Frehley's makeup. And instead of moving on and letting others discuss the current Kiss in peace, they still make fun of especially Thayer all the time even though he's been in Kiss and in Frehley's makeup for fifteen years. The spaghetti thing is getting really boring.

chaim
11-16-2017, 12:18 PM
I guess I was trying to say that IMO in this forum the interaction is healthier for both sides. At least there's some effort and consideration for others. But I guess, like Delilah said, most people in that forum are guys and a group of guys being gathered together in the internet doesn't necessarily always guarantee that the most intelligent side is brought out from everyone.

Annoying Twit
11-16-2017, 12:26 PM
There are people who can't get over Singer and Thayer being in Criss's and Frehley's makeup. And instead of moving on and letting others discuss the current Kiss in peace, they still make fun of especially Thayer all the time even though he's been in Kiss and in Frehley's makeup for fifteen years. The spaghetti thing is getting really boring.

OK, this makes sense. I can see how the makeup and reusing makeup would be grating for some, but can't see that it should become what appears to be the dominant point that someone is on a KISS forum to discuss.

chaim
11-16-2017, 12:31 PM
OK, this makes sense. I can see how the makeup and reusing makeup would be grating for some, but can't see that it should become what appears to be the dominant point that someone is on a KISS forum to discuss.

And for fifteen years!

Delilah
11-16-2017, 12:36 PM
That spaghetti story sounds funny! I don’t get why Singer and Thayer didn’t just use their own make-up (I don’t follow KISS so I don’t know any details). Not that it really matters to me, I’m just curious.

I think with a mostly male forum, there seems to be a different dynamic.

As far as Timothy goes, I don’t see him getting more leads unless he sings one of Glenn’s songs.

Annoying Twit
11-16-2017, 12:41 PM
As far as Timothy goes, I don’t see him getting more leads unless he sings one of Glenn’s songs.

I agree that this is what is likely to happen. I think that 'All Those Faces' with full (current) Eagles harmonies would be stupendous. But, the concerts are 'the hits', so it's unlikely to happen.

secret squirrel
11-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Here's a bit from UCR:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-jimmy-buffett-tour/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_4572276

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

MaryCalifornia
11-16-2017, 01:15 PM
I can only imagine what the fan sites/message boards for Journey looked like when they started touring with a guy they found on the internet singing lead on all of the songs!! Glad I wasn't a hardcore fan, though I certainly enjoy Steve Perry's unique voice. That is one that I never thought could be replaced. I'm sure we have a thread for this, sorry to go off topic. The KISS comments made me think about Journey, and then realized they played the Classic West.

Annoying Twit
11-16-2017, 02:46 PM
I can only imagine what the fan sites/message boards for Journey looked like when they started touring with a guy they found on the internet singing lead on all of the songs!! Glad I wasn't a hardcore fan, though I certainly enjoy Steve Perry's unique voice. That is one that I never thought could be replaced. I'm sure we have a thread for this, sorry to go off topic. The KISS comments made me think about Journey, and then realized they played the Classic West.

I've posted this here before, but I was at a concert for the Scottish Band Runrig after they replaced their lead vocalist. With a Canadian. When he came out everything went really silent when he started singing. But, the result appeared to be approval. (My partner is a fan of the band, or it seems - I'm discussing them now - perhaps was a fan but is less eager now as they got a bit 'gloomy' after the new vocalist joined.)

For Journey, I think it's cool that they chose a Filipino singer. But then I am not a big fan of the band so I'm not invested.

BillBailey1976
11-16-2017, 03:08 PM
If replacing vocalists bugs you, don't listen to much Southern Gospel Quartet music. I am a fan of a group named "The Kingsmen" (not louie louie kingsmen) and just since I started listening to them in the mid 90's, they have had at least 15 different vocalists (singing in a 4 part group). The bass singer is in his 70s and has been there since the early 1970s, but every part of the group has changed several times other than him. What's amazing is though not identical, when you get the harmonies going, and everyone singing their parts, you start to forget that it wasn't the guy who recorded a particular song that's singing it live.
Another interesting thing from that genre. Groups will often re-record older songs with the current groups, although those often are not store released albums, but something in that industry called "table tapes". Self recorded and released for sale only at the concerts.

sodascouts
11-16-2017, 06:29 PM
I think with a mostly male forum, there seems to be a different dynamic.

I've noticed this with the Doctor Who forum I visit. Male-dominated forums seem to have a lot more fighting and they tend to go for the jugular pretty much right away with the worst epithets they can think of, but they also seem to have a lot less angst about it. There seem to be fewer "Can't we all just get along" posts.

I wasn't taking it seriously, and thought it might be amusing to see argument over things that I'm not invested in.
AT, if you'd like to see some of that, try the Stevie Nicks v. Lindsey Buckingham fan wars that pop up often in the Fleetwood Mac fandom and understand how tame we are here. An example: Stevie doesn't like to rehearse until after 3 pm (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57426)

But I digress. Regarding Timothy, I do think it's rather harsh that he has fewer leads than Deacon Frey. They should bring back Keep on Tryin' - with all the new people singing harmonies, it'll sound very Poco-esque.

BillBailey1976
11-17-2017, 06:24 AM
I've noticed this with the Doctor Who forum I visit. Male-dominated forums seem to have a lot more fighting and they tend to go for the jugular pretty much right away with the worst epithets they can think of, but they also seem to have a lot less angst about it. There seem to be fewer "Can't we all just get along" posts.

AT, if you'd like to see some of that, try the Stevie Nicks v. Lindsey Buckingham fan wars that pop up often in the Fleetwood Mac fandom and understand how tame we are here. An example: Stevie doesn't like to rehearse until after 3 pm (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57426)

But I digress. Regarding Timothy, I do think it's rather harsh that he has fewer leads than Deacon Frey. They should bring back Keep on Tryin' - with all the new people singing harmonies, it'll sound very Poco-esque.

YES!! I love Keep on Tryin. I wish they'd recorded it.

Annoying Twit
11-17-2017, 07:32 AM

I'm on The Ledge under a different name, and consider myself invested in FM.

My personal opinion is that I love Stevie's songs when they are produced by Lindsey. E.g. those on the album SYW. However, I fully support Stevie's preferences to not have her work produced by Lindsey, and think it very unfair that she is often heavily criticised, called names, etc., for not wanting to record new music as Fleetwood Mac. That's her choice. I think that some fans seem to think they have the right to tell artists what they should or should not do. I disagree with that.

I'm also disturbed by recent claims that Lindsey may have been at least aggressive, and possibly physically abusive, to Stevie, during Fleetwood Mac work. If this is the case, my support for Stevie doing whatever she damn well pleases, whether or not this fits in with the preferences of fans, doubles.

With KISS I care far less. In particular since Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons seem a right pair of so-and-sos.

shunlvswx
11-21-2017, 10:16 AM
The Eagles will be touring this coming spring and summer with possible dates added. Some dates with Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor and one with Chris Stapleton. Shows with Jimmy, James and Chris are stadium shows while the other shows are regular arena shows.

The Arlington, Denver and Washington, D.C shows go on sale on Friday, December 1, 2017 at 10am and the other shows the next day on December 2nd.

No show near me at this moment. So I will have to wait again. :ack: :-(

https://eagles.com/news/295895

The following “Evening with the Eagles” arena concerts are scheduled for:
Wed Mar 14 Chicago, IL United Center
Fri Mar 23 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
Thu May 10 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Sun Jul 15 Toronto, ON Air Canada Center
Fri Jul 20 Boston, MA TD Garden

The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band will perform the following concerts:
Sat Apr 14 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium
Sat Apr 21 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium
Thu Jun 28 Denver, CO Coors Field
Sat Jun 30 Minneapolis, MN Target Field

The Eagles and James Taylor & His All-Star Band will perform the following concerts:
Thu Jul 26 Washington, DC Nationals Park
Sat Jul 28 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park

The Eagles with special guest Chris Stapleton will perform the following concert:
Sat Jun 23 Dallas, TX AT&T Stadium

buffyfan145
11-21-2017, 11:29 AM
No dates near me either for now. Would've loved seeing them with Jimmy, James, or Chris as I'm a fan of all 3 too.

maryc2130
11-21-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm really happy they're playing in Boston. Granted, I was hoping for Fenway. I'm not all that crazy about TD Garden as a venue, but I'll take it!

East Texas Girl
11-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Yay for the Dallas date!!! I have already informed the hubs/family to not plan anything else for that day, we have plans! :grin:

RudieCantFail
11-24-2017, 04:49 AM
I'm on The Ledge under a different name, and consider myself invested in FM.

My personal opinion is that I love Stevie's songs when they are produced by Lindsey. E.g. those on the album SYW. However, I fully support Stevie's preferences to not have her work produced by Lindsey, and think it very unfair that she is often heavily criticised, called names, etc., for not wanting to record new music as Fleetwood Mac. That's her choice. I think that some fans seem to think they have the right to tell artists what they should or should not do. I disagree with that.

I'm also disturbed by recent claims that Lindsey may have been at least aggressive, and possibly physically abusive, to Stevie, during Fleetwood Mac work. If this is the case, my support for Stevie doing whatever she damn well pleases, whether or not this fits in with the preferences of fans, doubles.

With KISS I care far less. In particular since Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons seem a right pair of so-and-sos.

lol. I use the same one for both for easy recognition. Yeah, there's way more drama over there, and I'm kind of glad that it's stable here. But the drama can be entertaining. Why does the dislike towards Stevie need to be typed out? I mean, I'm not a Stevie fan, but I don't make it a point to bash her or put her down every chance I get. Lol, that's the Ledge where you take sides, at least for some people.

While I do think it's too bad that more than likely there won't be a Fleetwood Mac album with all five at this point, I'd rather them be happy doing whatever they want to be doing. I don't know if they really want to tour other than to just make a lot of money because I've heard that the Classic shows that they did weren't as good as they could be or they didn't look as jovial about it. Buckingham McVie probably showed them that they could have fun just playing as a duo with a backing band minus all the drama, but it wouldn't be Fleetwood Mac without the drama though, lol.

Anyways, I'm sad that there aren't any Northern California dates. Is the sound good at any of these places, since it's a stadium tour? I would think that an indoor arena would be okay but an outdoor stadium would be meh. For those that decide to go, I hope you all have fun!

shunlvswx
11-30-2017, 10:16 AM
New additional dates in Indianapolis, St. Louis, Des Moines, Calgary, Edmonton, New Orleans and Tulsa. These shows will be an Evening With The Eagles.

https://eagles.com/news/295914

3/12/2018 - Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse
3/14/2018 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
3/18/2018 - St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
3/21/2018 - Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
3/23/2018 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
4/14/2018 - Orlando, FL @ Camping World Stadium
4/21/2018 - Miami, FL @ Hard Rock Stadium
5/10/2018 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
5/14/2018 - Calgary, AB @ Saddledome
5/15/2018 - Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place
6/17/2018 - Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
6/20/2018 - New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center
6/23/2018 - Arlington, TX @ AT&T Stadium
6/28/2018 - Denver, CO @ Coors Field
6/30/2018 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Field
7/15/2018 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
7/20/2018 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
7/26/2018 - Washington, DC @ Nationals Park
7/28/2018 - Philadelphia, PA @ Citizens Bank Park

shunlvswx
11-30-2017, 10:17 AM
There's only one show that's close to me and that's New Orleans on June 20th. I did say I would go to either New Orleans, Shreveport, Memphis or Birmingham.

The show is on a Wednesday. I hate that that date is during the week, but I'm going to sacrifice and try to go to the show. They finally close to me and I don't want to miss this opportunity. I probably will head back home after the show. I can't stay over.

Its funny that I'll be back in New Orleans three weeks later for my cruise.

East Texas Girl
12-01-2017, 05:49 PM
I bought tickets to the Dallas (Arlington) show!! Me and the fam are going, I am going to have to put their tickets in their stockings and count it as Christmas presents. :wink:

Magnolia
12-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I'm wondering if the high Eagles ticket prices are related to the venue? I just bought my ticket for New Orleans and it's not much different in price compared to others I've seen there.

Granted, I've never seen anyone perform at MSG but are the prices for other artists in the same range as what the Eagles are charging? I'm sure the Eagles have some say in ticket price but if they are purposely charging higher prices, won't it be the same price in every venue? Dallas (bigger venue than NOLA) had way more expensive tickets.

shunlvswx
12-08-2017, 02:06 PM
IT has to do with the venue. I mean I know Tulsa, New Orleans and a few other venues start at under 100 for nosebleeds seats while there's a few who start at 100 dollars for the nosebleeds. I always scratched my head on that.

I remembered when I saw Joe in Memphis. His prices were very reasonable and only a few rows where you had M&G tickets and it was 60 something after the 11th row I think, but at another venue his tickets were higher.

I gave an example with another performer I saw last year. I saw Donny and Marie last December. I paid I think 80 dollars for center seats and it drops after that. Another venues, tickets started at 100. :shock: So I think it also with the venues because I've never got why its cheap at this venues and very expensive at another. I guess it depends how many it holds.

I'm just glad the New Orleans show isn't expensive. I don't know which tickets I want. I want the 96 dollar one, but I want to go for the limit and get the over 100 dollar ticket. Either way. I have to save to get the tickets.

buffyfan145
12-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Posted in the other thread but saw a TV commercial this morning on one of my local channels and they used footage from this year's concerts. Showed Don playing drums and singing "Hotel California", Deacon singing "Take it Easy", Vince singing "Take it To the Limit", and footage of Joe playing guitar during "Life in the Fast Lane". So they did film some of the recent concerts and are using it for ads.

longtimeeaglesfan
12-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Tickets bought for both shows in Nashville. Saturday night works better but purchased Friday first when they went on sale...Friday appears to be sold out with only $$$$ Platinum and resale tickets available. Looking forward to seeing them again!!

Dawn
12-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Posted in the other thread but saw a TV commercial this morning on one of my local channels and they used footage from this year's concerts. Showed Don playing drums and singing "Hotel California", Deacon singing "Take it Easy", Vince singing "Take it To the Limit", and footage of Joe playing guitar during "Life in the Fast Lane". So they did film some of the recent concerts and are using it for ads.

Interesting, thanks.

TimBFan
12-12-2017, 07:37 PM
I am so excited! I got tickets for the show in Kansas City and am taking my best friend and her husband. Thought I would never get the chance to see them again. We will be on Timothys side, the first level off the floor, a few rows up. Very pleased with the seats. Can’t wait!!

LuvTim
12-13-2017, 03:51 AM
I am so excited! I got tickets for the show in Kansas City and am taking my best friend and her husband. Thought I would never get the chance to see them again. We will be on Timothys side, the first level off the floor, a few rows up. Very pleased with the seats. Can’t wait!!

So happy for you, TBF! You're going to have a terrific time! :band:

NightMistBlue
12-13-2017, 10:51 AM
I checked the tickets for Miami when they first went on sale and they were almost $1,000 each for floor tickets. That's way above what is typical for that venue, in my experience. Not criticizing, just sayin'.

TimBFan
12-13-2017, 04:36 PM

I saw the commercial for the first time today, announcing their Kansas City show. If they’ve been running it before today I haven’t seen it, but they mentioned the AMEX presale that was two days ago.

TimBFan
12-13-2017, 04:39 PM
So happy for you, TBF! You're going to have a terrific time! :band:

Thank you so much! I’m so excited I can hardly stand it. We’re on Timothy’s side of the venue which makes me even happier.

Now to decide which Eagles shirt to wear, or a Timothy shirt :rockguitar:

UndertheWire
03-20-2018, 07:56 AM
If anyone has a tour guide/programme from this tour, could you look up who is the tour manager? On the HotE tour, it was Jerry Vaccarino but I think he was hinting that he would retire afterwards.