PDA

View Full Version : How's the weather?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Brooke
01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I thought we could use a thread for this and it's fun to know what the weather is like in other parts of the world.

Right now it's really cold here in Missouri. After a freezing low of 5*F below zero this morning, it's finally warmed up to a sweltering 13*F above! http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gif

At least it's sunny and not snowing or icing!

I'm sure Molly and Maleah are having it worse than me though!

Molly
01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Lately, every time I take a day off of work-I can count on the weather to be uncooporative.

When I got up this morning, it was -11 degrees (-29 with the wind chill). It's a balmy 1 degree right now.

I had a ton of errands to do today and couldn't let the cold stop me. Luckily, I got thru them rather quickly since I was pretty much the only fool out shopping!

tbs fanatic
01-24-2008, 07:21 PM
It's bloody freezing here (Kansas). Okay, it's not -11 but it was 0 this morning and that's plenty cold enough for me. Snow is still hanging around and I hear we might have some more tonight :evil: I slipped on the ice last night and my butt has been suffering all day, poor thing :lol:

katherine5832
01-24-2008, 08:21 PM
I slipped on the ice last night and my butt has been suffering all day, poor thing
Ouch! I hate when that happens. Usually my pride is hurt more than my tush.

In the last week or so, Michigan has had our coldest temps so far this year. Today it was about 15 degrees, but it was really sunny. We have snow on the ground, so that's always pretty when the sun glistens on the snow. Better than the gray sludge that we start getting towards spring.

Molly, glad to see you guys made it to the positive side of zero!

Maleah
01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Well....when I went to work this morning it was about -19 and right now I think it snuck up to 7 degrees. A few days ago it was something like -22 or something. A little on the chilly side, but throw in a biting wind and you can't feel your fingers in about a minute and a half. lol

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Goodness gracious, girls! Cape Town winters are never that cold! :shock: We're in the middle of summer now, and our temperatures range between 24 and 34 degrees Celcius. That's CELCIUS. We also have a raging South Easterly wind (known as the Cape Doctor) that blows us away on a daily basis. Having said that, though, when the wind drops, it's almost too hot. The heat's been getting to me a bit lately. Sunny and beautiful it may be, but sunshine is certainly not what it used to be.

In the olden days :wink: (i.e. the '80s), I could spend the whole day in the sun and only then would I burn. These days it takes about 10 minutes if I'm not wearing any sunscreen. :roll:

The temperature seldom drops below 6 degrees celcius during winter in the Cape. We usually have a maximum temperature of between 14 and 19 degrees. It drops below freezing in some parts of the country, which are more inland.

EasyFeeling
01-25-2008, 04:46 AM
We have a mild winder again. Most of the time it was around 10 degrees Celsius in January, abt. 5 degrees warmer than usual. We had some days where the temperatures were below zero but that's not worth mentioning. Today it's sunny and around 7°, but weather forecast said a storm is coming up tomorrow. :roll:

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Dull, overcast, windy and about 8deg Celcius. Boring really like most of the winter here has been!

sodascouts
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
It's been terribly cold here. Last night it got down to -11. Right now, we're up to 5 degrees with wind chill. We're getting snow every few days. However, judging from the above posts, I'm not the worst off! And this weekend it's going to warm up - a high of 35 degrees on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Freypower
01-26-2008, 07:35 PM
We had more rain than usual in January so haven't been able to go swimming. Today it's really hot and sunny. I imagine February will be the saem.

rcknalwys
01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
We've only been down to about 8 degrees here in Tennessee. Not as bad as some are having it but cold none the less. We use a wood stove for heat and it keeps the front part pretty warm, but the bedrooms are cold enough that water freezes in your glass. With the cold comes broken water pipes and we've been close to 2 weeks without water. Every time we fix the one that's broken, another one pops off or splits. As I type this, we are waiting for the glue to dry on the latest break being repaired. I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather....do you know how hard it is to get a teenager to chop wood? :cuss: :fight:

Perfect Little Sister
01-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Someone on the radio a couple days ago suggested we start building an ark.

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2008, 04:18 AM
....do you know how hard it is to get a teenager to chop wood? :cuss: :fight:

If its anything like trying to get a 6 year old to do homework I can only imagine. :roll: You have my sympathies!!

EasyFeeling
01-27-2008, 06:09 AM
We had more rain than usual in January so haven't been able to go swimming. Today it's really hot and sunny. I imagine February will be the saem.

2 days ago I've seen in the news there were a lot of rain in Australia what caused massive floodings. :shock: But I think it's far away from your area.

Brooke
01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
We've only been down to about 8 degrees here in Tennessee. Not as bad as some are having it but cold none the less. We use a wood stove for heat and it keeps the front part pretty warm, but the bedrooms are cold enough that water freezes in your glass. With the cold comes broken water pipes and we've been close to 2 weeks without water. Every time we fix the one that's broken, another one pops off or splits. As I type this, we are waiting for the glue to dry on the latest break being repaired. I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather....do you know how hard it is to get a teenager to chop wood? :cuss: :fight:

Oh my gosh, rckn! Water freezing in your glass in the bedrooms sounds way too cold for me! I'm a whimp! Good luck with that wood chopping! Hubby does that for fireplace wood, but thankfully, we have gas heat. Of course with the price of it these days, it could affect my Eagles concert fund! Hmmmm......nah!

We are finally getting some warmer 50 degree F. weather here today after our deep freeze last week! :yay:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Well - every time I want to complain about how cold it is in Virginia, I just come here and read what some of you are experiencing, then figure I should just keep my mouth shut. :wink: I was having a hard time relating to the celcius temperatures being discussed, so I found a conversion chart. If you are interested, follow this link, and scroll almost to the bottom of the page for the calculator.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tempconvjava.html

Becky, I have a heat pump. Mine hasn't been working properly whenever the temperature would get below freezing here. Last weekend, the temperature in my house never got above 67 degrees, and I immediately called for someone to come out to find out what was wrong. I guess I must be spoiled 'cause that was just way too cold for me. The repair bill set me back about $300, but I'm nice and comfy now. :wink: I have a fireplace and burn it occasionally, but I also hate fooling with the wood.

Freypower
01-27-2008, 07:21 PM

2 days ago I've seen in the news there were a lot of rain in Australia what caused massive floodings. :shock: But I think it's far away from your area.

That was up in south west Queensland, around the towns of Charleville and Emerald, which is a long way away from me.

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2008, 06:00 AM
We had a very pleasant Sunday and Monday where we really thought Spring had Sprung. But alas today while bright and sunny its 1deg C out. Thats 34Deg F, But according to the met with the wind chill it feels like -5C. Brrrrrrrrr

DonFan
01-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Weather here in the South is very, very changable (causing major sinus problems). Last week we had 20 degree weather with sleet and a light dusting of snow. Monday it was sunny and the temperature rose to almost 60. Last night the temperature dropped to 34 degrees and it was rainy and very windy, with winds clocked at almost 60 MPH. Some trees were blown down and we lost our power for awhile this morning, causing me to panic because I have to get online to buy Eagles tickets at 1 this afternoon!

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Well good luck DF! I hope you get them ok!

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Last night was absolutely insane. I went out at 6:30 to have dinner with a friend, and the rain was torrential. We emerged from the restaurant about two hours later, and in that amount of time, the rain had stopped - but it had dropped TWENTY degrees. In two hours! It was snowing instead.

The sudden drop after the rain meant there was ice everywhere. My car door was actually iced shut, and I had to chip ice away and pull hard to get it open. I waited in the car with the engine running for about 10 minutes, then decided that was good enough and went on my way.

Only problem - turns out that the brakes weren't de-iced enough. Going around a corner, I was unable to press my brake all the way down and took it way too fast. I almost lost control of the car. Luckily there were no other cars around, and I just let the car slow down and went the rest of the way 20mph (thank goodness it's only about 10 miles!)

DonFan
01-30-2008, 04:18 PM

Mission accomplished, tickets purchased. I am going!

Soda, I am glad you were able to drive home safely on those icy roads. Just think, in a day or two you will be in sunny California!

Maleah
01-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Geez soda! sounds like ND weather! lol Last night we had a winter weather warning because it got down to -55 wind chill and you can freeze in a matter of minutes in that. ick lol

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 04:24 PM
it got down to -55 wind chill

:jawdrop:

That is just messed up!

Maleah
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
I know! Thank God I don't have to pay for the heat in my apartment! lol I cranked it up and huddled under all my blankets. lol

Brooke
01-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Yikes! Glad you made it ok Soda!

And you, too, Maleah!

Perfect Little Sister
01-30-2008, 06:17 PM

Soda, I am glad you were able to drive home safely on those icy roads. Just think, in a day or two you will be in sunny California!

Unfortunately, here in "sunny California" there's snow on my nearby foothills. Mind you, they're only about 1000 ft above sea level! All I can say after reading everyone else's Strange Weather is...global warming my a$$! :wink:

Molly
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Last night was absolutely insane. I went out at 6:30 to have dinner with a friend, and the rain was torrential. We emerged from the restaurant about two hours later, and in that amount of time, the rain had stopped - but it had dropped TWENTY degrees. In two hours! It was snowing instead.

We had the same thing yesterday. When I drove home at 4 pm it was 40 degrees. Two hours later it was single digit with wind gusts at -25 degrees.

When I got home from work, I walked out to the end of my driveway to the mailbox -it was raining. On my walk back -it was sleeting. I stopped to help Tom carry something in from his car and there was a huge clap of thunder that made the dogs run for the house and nearly made me pee my pants.

By the time we went back into the house, it had started snowing.

I agree with you about the global warming, Lissa!

tbs fanatic
01-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Snowing right now. Two days ago it was in the 50's.

EasyFeeling
01-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Maleah, -55? This can't be true. I looked it up... it's -48° C! :shock: :shock:

Soda, that's terrible. :shock: I'm glad nothing happened to you!

Our weather is still not what it's supposed to be in January. No snow, just cold wind today. :roll:

Glennsallnighter
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Soda!! I'm so glad you were ok last night. I have a feeling Glenn :heart: wouldn't have done half as well in Pebble Beach without the support of one of his favourite fans had you ended up in hospital. Glad you made it ok. Driving in those conditions is NOT funny!

Maleah! That sounds cold!! You crank up girl and live under that duvet!

DF! Glad you got those tixs!

Over here we have had some snow flurries today but none of it 'stuck'. However temperatures are to drop again tonight so it remains to be seen!

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:53 AM

The sudden drop after the rain meant there was ice everywhere. My car door was actually iced shut, and I had to chip ice away and pull hard to get it open. I waited in the car with the engine running for about 10 minutes, then decided that was good enough and went on my way.

Only problem - turns out that the brakes weren't de-iced enough. Going around a corner, I was unable to press my brake all the way down and took it way too fast. I almost lost control of the car. Luckily there were no other cars around, and I just let the car slow down and went the rest of the way 20mph (thank goodness it's only about 10 miles!)

Oh my word, Soda! What an awful experience! I'm just glad you're okay. :hug:

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:54 AM

I'm so happy for you, DF! :D :D :D

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Geez soda! sounds like ND weather! lol Last night we had a winter weather warning because it got down to -55 wind chill and you can freeze in a matter of minutes in that. ick lol

Gosh, Maleah! :shock: I could never handle cold like that! I start shivering in 6 degrees celcius!

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately, here in "sunny California" there's snow on my nearby foothills. Mind you, they're only about 1000 ft above sea level! All I can say after reading everyone else's Strange Weather is...global warming my a$$! :wink:

LOL, PLS! :lol:

I'm just aghast at how cold it gets in the States. In winter in Cape Town, we complain when temperatures drop to about 4 degrees celcius. I think that's about the lowest the temperature's ever been here. And that's the minimum temperature. The maximum seldom drops below 14 degrees.

At the moment it's all SUN, SUN, SUN and WIND, WIND, WIND. :roll:

Glennsallnighter
02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Be careful you don't Frey in those weather conditions MF!

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 10:34 AM
LOL, GA! Very clever. However, whatever the weather, I am incurably Frey-ed. :wink:

Brooke
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
We had about 3-4 inches of snow yesterday afternoon and evening and temps about 26 degrees F. Not too bad for this time of year.

glenneaglesfan
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Sounds quite balmy, Brooke!

I've been reading all your posts about mind-numbingly cold temperatures, trying to imagine what it must be like. We panic here if it gets to below freezing. Today we were predicted to get snow, but it seems to have passed further north and it's actually sunny, and a pleasant 4 degrees celsius (about 39F).

Soda, that must have been very scary when your brakes didn't work. I'm so glad you weren't hurt.

Brooke
02-03-2008, 05:14 PM
This afternoon it's 28 degrees F and we are having "thundersnow"! It is thundering, lightening, and snowing, sleeting, raining and there are pea size pellets that look like hail, but are more like little snow balls! Very blustery and wintry!

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gif

glenneaglesfan
02-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Sounds scary! I hate thunderstorms, and that size of hail could do some damage. We're back to the interminable rain and wind today, and two cats with crossed legs!

Brooke
02-05-2008, 10:20 AM
That mess on Sunday, then yesterday there was thick fog till noon and it warmed up to 65 degrees F!

My car now looks like a mudball since I live on a gravel/mud road! :roll:

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Uuuuh, seems the weather conditions are not the best in the USA. :shock: My aunt told me they are having freezing temperatures for almost 2 months now. :shock: She hardly go outside of her house not to speak about all the cats.
In Germany it's just cold and damp but not freezing.

Brooke
02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Pouring down rain today and 33 degrees F. Changing to snow later! :roll:

rcknalwys
02-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I haven't been able to post for a couple of days and if this is the wrong place to post, please move me to the proper forum, ok?
The weather here in Tennessee has been quite scary. Most of you have probably heard about the outbreak of tornados in Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee. Our state has had 24 deaths at last count. We had hail stones as large as baseballs that fell hard enough to knock a person down. At one point there were 5 tornados on the ground within a 10 mile radius of my house. I actually heard the roar of one coming right for us that lifted less than a 1/4 mile of us, but not before killing 2 men a few minutes from us. The same tornado touched down about 10 miles away and killed a friend of ours. There's a section of town that's flattened now that included a police officer friend's home. He lost everything, including his beautiful horses. My other friend's animal rescue was hit pretty hard also, all of her dog houses were destroyed and her horses ran through the fences, cutting themselves in their panic. Nearly every one in my immediate neighborhood had car windows knocked out or their house windows blown out by the pressure, and lots of holes in their roofs. So many people in all 5 states have lost so much, but these things are minor when you think of those that lost their lives. You'd think I'd be used to this after living in Oklahoma's "tornado alley" for 12 years, but I guess there are some things you never get used to. The scariest part for me was my son's being about 5 miles away and not knowing what was happening to him because there was no phone service. It's funny how these things work, all he had was rain. But everyone is picking up the pieces, making the best of what's left. It warms my soul to see that every where the tornados hit, friends, families and strangers are giving help and support to those in need.

Brooke
02-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh my, rckn, I'm so glad you are ok. I heard about all these twisters and thought about our southern friends here. There has been terrible devastation. My thoughts and prayers go out for you and everyone affected.

What about DonFan? Has she been online today? And Margie?

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 04:44 AM
I haven't been able to post for a couple of days and if this is the wrong place to post, please move me to the proper forum, ok?
The weather here in Tennessee has been quite scary. Most of you have probably heard about the outbreak of tornados in Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee. Our state has had 24 deaths at last count. We had hail stones as large as baseballs that fell hard enough to knock a person down. At one point there were 5 tornados on the ground within a 10 mile radius of my house. I actually heard the roar of one coming right for us that lifted less than a 1/4 mile of us, but not before killing 2 men a few minutes from us. The same tornado touched down about 10 miles away and killed a friend of ours. There's a section of town that's flattened now that included a police officer friend's home. He lost everything, including his beautiful horses. My other friend's animal rescue was hit pretty hard also, all of her dog houses were destroyed and her horses ran through the fences, cutting themselves in their panic. Nearly every one in my immediate neighborhood had car windows knocked out or their house windows blown out by the pressure, and lots of holes in their roofs. So many people in all 5 states have lost so much, but these things are minor when you think of those that lost their lives. You'd think I'd be used to this after living in Oklahoma's "tornado alley" for 12 years, but I guess there are some things you never get used to. The scariest part for me was my son's being about 5 miles away and not knowing what was happening to him because there was no phone service. It's funny how these things work, all he had was rain. But everyone is picking up the pieces, making the best of what's left. It warms my soul to see that every where the tornados hit, friends, families and strangers are giving help and support to those in need.

Oh Becky, I'm SO sorry to read this! I'm glad you and your son are okay, but my empathy goes out to the families and friends of those who lost their lives, and to those who have lost all their possessions. I'm sorry too that one of your friends was killed, and that another friend of yours had her animal rescue destroyed and lost her animals. We can only pray for the victims of this disaster.

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Indeed, Becky! We'd seen some of the effects of these twisters and tornados on the tv but it must be very frightening to live through them. I'm glad your son was ok but extend my sympathies to the families of the bereaved. I hope those who have lost a lot will recover also.

EasyFeeling
02-08-2008, 06:57 AM
How terrible, Becky. :shock: I'm glad your son is ok and I'm sorry to hear so many lost their lives.
Thank God I live in an area without any storms like that. When I have been in the USA a few years ago we had a tornado warning and had to go down to the basement, that was really scrary.

glenneaglesfan
02-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experience and the sad loss of life, both human and animal. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are safe, but very sad to hear about your friend. My condolences to his family.

Tornados were unheard of in Britain until recently, but there have been one or two very localised ones in the past year. Today we have sunshine and it's like a summer day - it's all wrong.

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
It was beautiful here today as well! Real summer, and a gorgeous sunset.

EasyFeeling
02-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Same here. :D Since Friday we have sunny and warm weather so I enjoy to be outside in the sun. It's supposed to be sunny until Wednesday, yay. :D

katherine5832
02-10-2008, 12:28 PM
We've already reached our high temp of 4 degrees F today. It's windy, so factoring in the wind chill it feels like -18 F. Still not as bad as what I'm sure Maleah is feeling in North Dakota! It looks like their wind chill is -42 F! Yikes! Are you keeping warm, Maleah?

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I see you've reached 'Desperado' status Katherine! :rockguitar: :rockguitar:
Congratulations :D

katherine5832
02-10-2008, 05:51 PM

Thanks GA! I noticed that I had "graduated" this morning with my latest post. I'm glad I'm among other hardcore Eagles/Henley fans, because I feel like posting 100 times in a little less than 2 months makes me seem rather obsessed. Thankfully, this is a judgment free zone! And I like being a Desperado - it's possibly my all-time favorite Eagles song. :D

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Katherine, you are no more obsessed than any of the rest of us! I'm glad you're enjoying your time here!

Molly
02-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Becky, glad to hear you and all of your family are OK. Thoughts and prayers to everyone in the area as you all pick up the pieces.

Maleah
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
We've already reached our high temp of 4 degrees F today. It's windy, so factoring in the wind chill it feels like -18 F. Still not as bad as what I'm sure Maleah is feeling in North Dakota! It looks like their wind chill is -42 F! Yikes! Are you keeping warm, Maleah?

Just barely! It's pretty chilly here! I hide out inside though ;) Thanks for asking!

becky I'm so glad to hear that you're ok! I've been thinking for a long time about moving to TN and the news of the tornados scared me to death!

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 05:09 AM

Thanks GA! I noticed that I had "graduated" this morning with my latest post. I'm glad I'm among other hardcore Eagles/Henley fans, because I feel like posting 100 times in a little less than 2 months makes me seem rather obsessed. Thankfully, this is a judgment free zone! And I like being a Desperado - it's possibly my all-time favorite Eagles song. :D

Congratulations from me too, Katherine! :yay: :D I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Your enthusiasm is contagious... :wink: I agree with GA - we are all "guilty of the crime" :wink: of being obsessed with our gorgeous boys! :blush:

The weather my side has been HOT and HUMID. It reached 36 degrees celcius on Saturday, and while it rained yesterday (and it's still raining), it's still very humid. I struggled to get through my exercises yesterday because of the intense humidity. I don't think I've ever had so many rivers of perspiration running from me! :shock:

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Rivers of perspiration.......

That puts me in mind of a certain video shot in Dublin!

Its a while since we've seen a few of these....

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/PartytownDublin2.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/PartytownDublin1.jpg

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Ah, now that's HEAT and HUMIDITY of a whole different kind, GA! :smokin:

02-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Becky, again I am still playing catch up here, so I just read this. I am so glad you and your family are okay, but so sad for the victims and their families. What a devastasing thing to go through.

Katherine - you must be freezing. Congrats from me too on becoming a Border Desperado, and glad you are able to find comfort in your obsesssions here. I love your new AV - I guess you put that up to keep you nice and warm. :wink:

Molly
02-11-2008, 04:20 PM
It's absolutely freezing here! I look in the mirror and I can see the color I got from the wonderful California sunshine. My new tan looks good with my bulky sweatshirt, double-layer coat, boots, hat, gloves and scarf. :roll:

Perfect Little Sister
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Lol, mol! Bit of a change from just about sweating on Saturday, eh?

glenneaglesfan
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Poor you, Molly! It's been another unseasonably warm day today here, but the wind is getting up tonight.

By the way, I think we'd all like to see photographs of these tans - especially if they happen to include a certain golfer! :wink:

rcknalwys
02-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for those affected by the Tornados. Seems like nearly everyone I know has had some damage, but spirits are good here. Thankfully there were not more deaths. FEMA has arrived and doing a great job helping people, even my friend with the animal shelter.

Maleah, if you are seriously considering Tennessee, be careful what area you choose. We came here planning to settle in another area but found ourselves stuck where we are. For a small town, we have more than our share of crime, mostly theft and drugs, but I know it could be worse. In many places, property is cheap so the cost of living isn't bad, but there are not many jobs in this area. Memphis and Nashville both have some nice areas, but not all areas are safe. If you homeschool, be careful to follow ALL the rules or you'll find yourself caught up in the court system as I did, and it isn't pretty. Good luck wherever you end up.

Brooke
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm freezing here. It's 17 degrees F and lightly snowing. We just have about an inch, but the roads are slick. Thankfully, I only live about 2 miles from work on a country road.

We had a high of 14 yesterday and a low of 5. That's not as bad as some of you, but I'm cold anyway! http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gif

I'm hoping for spring soon!

Maleah
02-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Maleah, if you are seriously considering Tennessee, be careful what area you choose. We came here planning to settle in another area but found ourselves stuck where we are. For a small town, we have more than our share of crime, mostly theft and drugs, but I know it could be worse. In many places, property is cheap so the cost of living isn't bad, but there are not many jobs in this area. Memphis and Nashville both have some nice areas, but not all areas are safe. If you homeschool, be careful to follow ALL the rules or you'll find yourself caught up in the court system as I did, and it isn't pretty. Good luck wherever you end up.

I'm not really sure yet how serious I am. lol I'm such a chicken and all.......but I really loved the Nashville area when I was there last year. I know some people who live in Hendersonville and Murfreesboro who seem to enjoy it, but I've never actually been to either place. The job thing doesn't sound good though! Thanks so much for the tips!!

glenneaglesfan
02-14-2008, 06:20 AM
I'd be very frightened moving to an area in the torhado belt. Best of luck with your decisions, Maleah.

Rckn, I'm glad to hear that aid has come quickly. it's going to take a long time to sort the damage.

Brooke, that sounds cooold! Yesterday it was so warm here, 62F, 16C, that my son and his friends went surfing! One of his friends turned up at my house before Mark was home. He hadn't even worn a wetsuit and was shivering, so I made him get in the shower. Mark thought that was hilarious when he got home 20 minutes later!

We've got daffodils and crocuses out in the garden.

Brooke
02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
We've got daffodils and crocuses out in the garden.

Oooooh, you're making me jealous, gef! Those sound wonderful!

We had what the weathermen called a "surprise snowstorm" yesterday! They called for flurries. :roll: I took off work early to run to town (about 20 miles) and run a few errands. It was flurrying and about 20 degrees F. When I came out of the eye doctors the snow was heavier and it was beginning to accumulate. I had plannned to go across the river into Illinois to another town (another 20 miles-did someone say there was a gas shortage? :wink: ), but decided I'd better get back home. We only got about an inch, but the roads got very slick in a hurry. The news said they had about 20 accidents reported before 6 pm. :shock:

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 07:48 AM
You're making ME Jealous Brooke! I know snow can be very inconvenient, but I love it! Brings out the kid in me I think! We don't really get it any more over here :( .

By the way I hope the cold is getting better. Take planty of hot drinks!

Molly
02-21-2008, 08:04 AM
You're making ME Jealous Brooke! I know snow can be very inconvenient, but I love it! Brings out the kid in me I think! We don't really get it any more over here :( .

We have so much so here, we literally don't know where to put it anymore. When I shovel, the piles surrounding the driveway are so high, I can't manage to throw the snow high enough to do an effective shoveling job.

If I could, Lisa, I would send you some of ours!

It is beautiful, though. Especially right after the snow has ended, before the snowplows come thru and people drive thru it. I admit, I haven't "played" it in this year. We have the best sledding hill in the neighborhood in our backyard -so our house was "the place" to be after a new snow when our boys were younger.

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 08:11 AM
It sounds like great fun Molly! I'd love to be able to do things like that with my kids. We used to get enough when I was a kid but those extra couple of degrees caused by Global warming make it less of a visitor now!

'Snowplows' : We never had them. On a bad snowy morning all the traffic would come to a stand still, most of the schools would close and we'd all go home and have fun!

EasyFeeling
02-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Another warm weekend is coming up here, temperatures around 15 C = 59 F. :D

Brooke
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
You are making me jealous, EF. That sounds so nice.

We had another little snow storm yesterday with temps in the teens. We might actually break through to the upper 20's today! :roll: It is supposed to warm up to the 30's for the weekend! :yay:

EasyFeeling
02-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Weather forecast talked rubbish :roll: not really warm today. :evil: So you don't need to be jealous, Brooke.

EasyFeeling
03-01-2008, 07:52 AM
It's weekend... and I can't leave home because we have a storm today and a lot of rain. :roll: I hope it's getting better in the afternoon because I want to see friends for a girls night out. We are planning to watch some DVDs, Kiss and Take That. On Thursday we went to the theater to watch the new TT DVD. :D I've never seen a music DVD in a theater and it's great to see it on a big screen and the sound was fantastic. And brought back some good memories. :wink:

sodascouts
03-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow, how cool to see a music DVD in a theater! Wish I could do that for HFO or Farewell 1!

glenneaglesfan
03-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Against my better judgement, D took me on a bike ride today. We cycled 11 miles on a disused railway track from Bodmin to Padstow, walked along the coast path to a nice place for lunch, and then headed back, except during our absence my back tyre had gone done. A helpful passer by said he'd heard it pop! Luckily we effected a repair and carried on.

On the way back, I saw three cars with GFO on heir nmberplates!!

SweetHolly
03-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Unseasonably warm here. Supposed to get cold weather close to freezing temperatures on Monday. That's Texas weather for you. :roll:

EasyFeeling
03-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Wow, how cool to see a music DVD in a theater! Wish I could do that for HFO or Farewell 1!

Yes, I thought the same. :wink:

SH, welcome back. :D We haven't seen you for a long time here. Where have you been?
Ah yes, I've read about your situation in the life thread.

Brooke
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Unseasonably warm here. Supposed to get cold weather close to freezing temperatures on Monday. That's Texas weather for you. :roll:

Same here in Missouri, SH. We had spring like temps (73 F) yesterday and freezing rain and falling temps today. Right now it's 25 F. We are always saying Welcome to Misery (Missouri)! :roll:

And welcome back, SH!

Glennsallnighter
03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Against my better judgement, D took me on a bike ride today. We cycled 11 miles on a disused railway track from Bodmin to Padstow, walked along the coast path to a nice place for lunch, and then headed back, except during our absence my back tyre had gone done. A helpful passer by said he'd heard it pop! Luckily we effected a repair and carried on.

On the way back, I saw three cars with GFO on heir nmberplates!!

Sponds like a lovely cycle GEF! And the number plates were the icing on the cake :wink:

DonFan
03-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I woke up this morning and it is snowing--in March in Alabama! :shock:
This is the weirdest weather I can remember. Thursday I was eating lunch on our back deck in short sleeves and 72 degree sunshine, and two days later I wake up and it's 31 degrees and snowing.
One week from today is the start of my daughter's spring break from school and we are leaving for the beach. It is kind of hard to think about packing flip flops and floats while wearing snow boots. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
03-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Strange Weather indeed DF :wink:

rcknalwys
03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
We've had snow here in Tennessee also. It's really beautiful out today with the sun sparkling on the snow that's on the ground. My little one is making snowmen and snow angels, in EVERYONE's yard! She gave me one of those "if I only had my video camera" moments earlier. After rolling this huge ball of snow, she stood on top of it so proudly....and it promptly collapsed on her! She looked so surprised sitting in her snow beanbag chair!

Perfect Little Sister
03-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh how cute rkn!!! One of those moments when your heart takes a picture.

glenneaglesfan
03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Sounds lovely, rkn, even if unseasonal. We had one morning of snow on the moor a couple of weeks ago, but for the last two days have suffered a battering with storm force winds and a tidal surge. We've survived unscathed, but the neighbours' already rickety fence has blown down. They'll have to do something about it now! :twisted:

Brooke
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
62 F today :D and 40 F tomorrow!

And possible snow for Easter! :x

thelongrun
03-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Around Easter this time of Year, Warm Days and Cool Nights Baby,
plus breathtaking Sunsets, Life's good 8)

Regardless we hit +100 Grades on July, August :twisted:

Brooke
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, just rub it in, tlr! :D

We had a about 1/2 inch of snow when we got up Easter morning and it snowed like a blizzard off and on all day. :roll: It didn't collect as the ground was warm enough to melt it off and got up to a balmy 43 degrees F. I don't ever remember having snow on Easter before!

Now today it is supposed to hit 60 degrees F. Much better, but 30 mph winds! Bad hair day!

Molly
03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
We're having the Winter that won't go away! This past Friday we had 15 inches of snow and it stuck! Stuck is exactly what my car was on the street in front of my house-I couldn't get up our driveway. And then of course, the snowplow came through before I could get my driveway cleaned out and the plow buried my car completely. Luckily, I have 3 big strappin' men here to help me!

We're expecting another 6 inches later this week. We are only about 10 inches away from having the hightest snow fall on record.

sodascouts
03-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Unbelievable! It's almost April!

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2008, 04:17 AM
We're having the Winter that won't go away! This past Friday we had 15 inches of snow and it stuck! Stuck is exactly what my car was on the street in front of my house-I couldn't get up our driveway. And then of course, the snowplow came through before I could get my driveway cleaned out and the plow buried my car completely. Luckily, I have 3 big strappin' men here to help me!

We're expecting another 6 inches later this week. We are only about 10 inches away from having the hightest snow fall on record.

I suppose this is a nightmare for you Molly, but as I said earlier in this thread the reason that we have been pretty snow starved for a number of years now tempts me to think 'You Lucky Thing!!'

Molly
03-26-2008, 07:29 AM

I suppose this is a nightmare for you Molly, but as I said earlier in this thread the reason that we have been pretty snow starved for a number of years now tempts me to think 'You Lucky Thing!!'

After one of these snowfalls, driving is dangerous and horrible. Once we are all home safe and sound, I relax and I do enjoy how beautiful the snow is. But, I'm soooo ready for Spring!

Trust me, GA, if I could think of a way to package up some of our snow and send it to you for your family to enjoy - I would!

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2008, 08:37 AM

After one of these snowfalls, driving is dangerous and horrible. Once we are all home safe and sound, I relax and I do enjoy how beautiful the snow is. But, I'm soooo ready for Spring!

Trust me, GA, if I could think of a way to package up some of our snow and send it to you for your family to enjoy - I would!

I'm sure they'd love it too Molly! Be safe in your driving and only travel if you have to! Roads are dangerous enough as it is!

glenneaglesfan
03-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Hope you get some spring sunshine soon, Molly and Brooke!

GA, we wouldn't mind a bit of snow either. No one can get up our road if it snows, so it turns into a toboggan run! Last time that happened must have been 15 years ago. Today it's sunny and the hedges are starting to green up. Two nights ago we actually got the barbecue out, although we chickened out and ate inside!

Glennsallnighter
03-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Well done with the Barbie GEF! Even if eaten indoors I love the taste of chargrilled food. Our barbie took a bettering one night recently and we also have to get new garden furniture as it was destroyed during the building works last year. However quite a number of family and friends gave us some vouchers for our 40th birthdays and I think we might replace it this year.

Its beautiful out today. I'm braving a slight breeze with just a T-shirt today.
Anyone have any ideas as to whats on my t-shirt? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Can't believe it! Woke up this morning to a light covering of snow!!! In April!! There were intermittent snow showers over the day though it didn't stick. More forecast for tonight!

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 08:54 AM
That's nice for you, GA. :) I know how much you've been wanting it to snow.

It's already more than a month into our Autumn, but today is the first day that I've needed to wear long sleeves! No complaints, though - it's still a pleasant 20 degrees celcius.

Molly
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Can't believe it! Woke up this morning to a light covering of snow!!! In April!! There were intermittent snow showers over the day though it didn't stick. More forecast for tonight!

Oh good, the snow I sent you finally arrived! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Gee Thanks Molly!

MF! Over here even in summer 20degrees C is considered warm! What would be your lowest during winter?

Mrs Frey
04-08-2008, 02:43 AM
GA, our lowest temperature in winter would be around 6 degrees celcius as a minimum (morning temperature) and about 14 degrees celcius as a maximum (afternoon). This does not apply to the whole of South Africa - just Cape Town.

Brooke
04-11-2008, 02:18 PM
70F yesterday and finally http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/stormy.gif

45F today with 30 mph winds! Hang on to your hat! :roll:

glenneaglesfan
04-11-2008, 05:16 PM
It's just crazy. Heavy frosts the last three mornings. It's spring; it should be getting warmer!

DonFan
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
80F the last three days, and today http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/stormy.gif we had a hailstorm! My back deck was literally covered by golf-ball size hail.
Now the temp is going down to mid-60s. You gotta love springtime in the South!

Brooke
04-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Golf ball size hail! Yikes, that would hurt! I hope nothing was! :shock:

DonFan
04-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Brooke, fortunately nothing was hurt. My cat was a little spooked though--she looked so funny as she was watching the hail fall out the back door! :shock:

Brooke
04-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Snow flurries, blustery, and COLD here yesterday and today! :x

Where oh where is spring? :roll:

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Its here in Ireland!! Actually I think we skipped Spring this year and went straight to summer! It has been hot and sunny here since the weekend with temps of up to 20Deg C. I had the kids at the beach today and it was beautiful there! It should continue for the next few days. Then its probably back to more 'normal' weather!

Brooke
06-17-2008, 02:08 PM
After a cool front and storms went through here on Sunday, we are having lovely 70 degree days and 50 degree nights! A nice break from the 90's! And it's NOT raining! :yay:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2008, 05:27 AM
That sounds very pleasant Brooke. I hope it stays like that. Its gone a little cooler here again with rain expected later :roll: . I guess another normal Irish summer for you!!

glenneaglesfan
06-19-2008, 06:17 AM
That sounds lovely, Brooke. We had beautiful weather last week and ate out on the patio every night. This week it's back to cooler, showery weather. We're looking forward to some Mediterranean weather next week!

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Enjoy it GEF!

We had the best midsummers day ever here today :headshake: . It POURED!! Not even showers or 'Longer spells' of rain. I mean a heavy unrelentless downpour ALL day!! :roll:

Oh well, Its the time of year when I'm marking state exams at the moment anyway and its easier to work when I'm not missing a heatwave! Ive 330 to do in 3 weeks with very tight deadlines to meet!

Share1967
06-21-2008, 10:04 PM
We have had alot of rain. Bad flooding everywhere. Tornadoes two days ago. It was upper 70's today. Normally it is much warmer. :(

Brooke
06-22-2008, 10:37 AM
What part of Missouri are you from S1967?

Brooke
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
It's absolutely beautiful here today. 75 F right now. Hopefully, no rain for a few days (weeks preferable!) And no more hurricanes please!

This reminded me and I forgot to ask; Fp, didn't you have snow in Sydney a couple months ago and isn't it a very rare thing?

sodascouts
09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Magnificent day here as well.

I'm also happy to report that other than the flattening of part of their fence, my parents' Houston home is undamaged after Ike.

AzEaglesFan
09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Glad to hear that your parents house is OK after Ike, SS. We are finally under a 100 here, in the low 90s but we cool off in the evenings now and can sleep without the coolers on. No rain lately though, darn.

Brooke
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh yes, I'm glad your parents home stood the test, SS.

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh Soda, I'm delighted to hear that you parents home managed to survive the onslaught of Ike without serious damage or injury.

AzEF, I have to laugh at your post. We have had officially the worst summer here since records began. Basically it has POURED all summer long with gales, storms and flooding becoming normal over here. It looks like the Indian Summer we all hoped and prayed for will not materialise either. Maybe you could swop some of your balmy weather for some of our water?

ticky
09-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Thank Goodness your Parents are home safe and sound Soda!
I was talking to a friend on another board who lives in Galviston(sp?) and there's a TREE in her living room! and her car was in the neighbors driveway! I guess they're being pretty nast about it too (the neighbors) untill they found out she had EXTRA ice and supplies!! how sleezy is that? ANyhow she says a lot of the people are taking advantage of FEMA by getting free stuff they dont really need or hoarding gasoline when they can get it. It sounds pretty ugly but thank god she and her family lived through it unscathed.

The weather here has been flukey all summer. It's been a cold wet summer and the garden suffered awfully for it. The all the sudden fall hit and now we're having 90 degree days!! my squash, which was dying, is sending up new shoots!!! My tomatoes are ripening faster then I can use them and my beans are so confused they're just giving up and dying altogether. WEIRD weather!
My sunflowers, usually about 9 or 10 feet tall, are all stunted and the squirrles are all eating the heads off them. I HOPE this isnt signs of things to come!

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Global warming perhaps Ticky!!

ticky
09-17-2008, 05:48 PM
GAN, thats what worries me!

TimothyBFan
09-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Thank Goodness your Parents are home safe and sound Soda!
I was talking to a friend on another board who lives in Galviston(sp?) and there's a TREE in her living room! and her car was in the neighbors driveway! I guess they're being pretty nast about it too (the neighbors) untill they found out she had EXTRA ice and supplies!! how sleezy is that? ANyhow she says a lot of the people are taking advantage of FEMA by getting free stuff they dont really need or hoarding gasoline when they can get it.

That makes me ill!! I can not, for the life of me, figure out why people do these kind of things. It's no wonder that the world is in the shape it's in when you have people acting like this!! Greed is a horrible thing!!!

ticky
09-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Too true, but then there are people like my friend Dianne who is taking in the stray animals lost from the storm and helping to find their families, and offering what extras she has to the people who cant get what they need right away because of the hoarders! She's who I like to keep in mind when I think of true human nature. Thankful to be alive and well and willing to help others.

Mrs Henley
10-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Wow Ticky, that's really wonderful of your friend! And grateful! She's doing a great job!

glenneaglesfan
10-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Our own Devon was hit by torrential rain, hail and even snow last night, over in the east of the county. Hundreds of homes have been flooded and cars abandoned. It's completely abnormal to be so cold this time of year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7699112.stm

Brooke
10-30-2008, 09:59 AM
After a hard freeze Tuesday, our local farmers are back at it combining beans. You would think that's a good thing. Nada. It warmed up to 60 degrees F yesterday (lovely) and the japanese beetles (similar to lady bugs, but with a bite) are out in full force. When I got home from work they were covering my house by the thousands. You couldn't get in a door without at least 15 coming in with you. I tried putting up some Halloween lights on the front porch and I kept having to wipe them off of me or brush them out of my hair.

We need another few days with hard freezes to get rid of them. They are very tough to kill. :enraged:

Just one of the joys of living in the country. :rolleyes:

gef, sending wishes for warmer, dryer weather to you.

Prettymaid
10-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Ew Brooke! In Illinois this is what we call a japanese beetle. They are much larger than a lady bug.

http://ts3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=2661555766802&id=41770f9750e6d11ad1665cde4d68d123

Ours come around July and stay for about 3 weeks and eat our plants.
I can't imagine getting even one of these things in my hair. I'd freak!

Brooke
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Ewwww, Pm. I'm glad we don't have those!

Ours do look just like a ladybug only they are greenish with spots instead of red and the same size.

sodascouts
10-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Our own Devon was hit by torrential rain, hail and even snow last night, over in the east of the county. Hundreds of homes have been flooded and cars abandoned.

Oh my goodness, GEF, that sound awful! Keep safe.

And Brooke... EWWWWWWWWWW!!!! We have those around here but not in THRONGS like that. Yikes!

Wildthyme
11-05-2008, 05:47 PM
So less than a week ago it was 75 degrees here and today they have shut down the pass because of snow... gotta love the schizophrenic Southern Oregon weather :crazy:

ticky
11-05-2008, 05:55 PM
AWE WT!! and you're not in Weed *G* hehehehe think he's waiting for you there?

TimothyBFan
11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
This is our 3rd day straight of 70+ degree temps in Northern Indiana-which is completely unheard of for this time of year. I'm glad we enjoyed them because I saw this morning that the bottom is about to drop out on us with temps in the 30s and 40s and rain/snow. YUCK!

Prettymaid
11-05-2008, 06:37 PM
This is our 3rd day straight of 70+ degree temps in Northern Indiana-which is completely unheard of for this time of year. I'm glad we enjoyed them because I saw this morning that the bottom is about to drop out on us with temps in the 30s and 40s and rain/snow. YUCK!

Same here in Central Illinois, TBF!

Troubadour
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
It's overcast, gloomy and wet here today. Although it's a little milder than it has been.

DonFan
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
It was 78 degrees here in the sunny South. Same yesterday, which added to the record voting turnout of almost 80 percent.

Wildthyme
11-06-2008, 03:54 AM
AWE WT!! and you're not in Weed *G* hehehehe think he's waiting for you there?

If he is then I am stuck on this side of the pass just like in the story and if I have to wait twenty years we are both gonna be so old that the most romantic thing we will be able to do is spoon feed each other pudding...:worried::headshake::cry:

Brooke
11-06-2008, 11:16 AM

Same here in NE Missouri!

The change is coming. We are rainy here this morning.

fred
11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
In The Netherlands Stormy Wheather,Rain But not so cold, 12C :zzz:

Mrs Henley
11-10-2008, 11:52 AM
it's raining here and it's cold! :(

Troubadour
11-10-2008, 12:02 PM
It is utterly miserable here. Lashing rain, wind and dark skies. So depressing!

rickmullen
11-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Chilly here in Kentucky. I froze to death on the lawnmower yesterday
while I was chopping up leaves that had fallen recently!

Rick

Mrs Henley
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
It's stormy here now ... And I have to go to college tomorrow with this weather .. juck!

tbs fanatic
11-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Cooling down here. It was very nice last week but the weekend arrived with a definite cool down. Supposed to rain tonight.

Maleah
11-11-2008, 01:25 AM
A tad on the chilly side here. :D We only got about 9 1/2 inches of the fluffy white stuff last Thursday though. haha Lots more to come I'm sure!

Wildthyme
11-11-2008, 01:32 AM
I was quite thankful that it was dry for my drive down to Eugene from Rhonda's house. Driving in the dark and rain is nerve wracking for me because my night vision isn't so great already but in the rain its awful. Supposed to be miserable, windy, and rainy tomorrow for the drive home after my state Director's meeting at U of O but at least I will be making it in mid-afternoon before it gets dark...

Maleah
11-14-2008, 02:55 AM
A tad on the chilly side here. :D We only got about 9 1/2 inches of the fluffy white stuff last Thursday though. haha Lots more to come I'm sure!

.............aaaand now it's all melting lol :dizzy:

AzEaglesFan
11-15-2008, 02:38 AM
The part of Arizona that I live in has two seasons hot or cold. Right now it is about 79 degrees and the wind is blowing as usual.

Brooke
11-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Here in the show me state the wind is blowing like crazy and the high is supposed to be 34 degrees F with snow flurries after 54 yesterday!

For the opening day of deer gun season, my hunters are freezing their xmsc! off!

Troubadour
11-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Still miserable over here. It's cloudy, cold, dark and wet. And we're all dropping like flies with colds and stomach bugs :nausea:

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Pleasant mild and sunny here today. Will it last? Doubt it!

Wildthyme
11-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Sunny and very pleasant today but got chilly as soon as the sun set. I finally had to break down and turn on my furnace for the first time so I guess it really is fall now :nod:

TimothyBFan
11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Here we go again-Lake Effect snow warning-up to 12 more inches in my area! Glad I got home yesterday. I'm ready to move south already and its only the middle of November! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!

ticky
11-20-2008, 12:13 PM
SAME HERE WILLIE!!! but ours all melted before it hit the ground and turned to RAIN!.. again.. well THERE'S a shocker for ya *G*

fred
11-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi, The Weather in the Netherlands is very stormy and heavy rain, Later begin off a snowing weekend, Brrrr. I donīt like this.I Like the summer.
Greetings to all of you.
:band:

ticky
11-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Me too Fred!! I vote we all move to Southern California!! All of us. We'll buy a really big house right next door to The Eagles (cuz Im SURE they all live in one together.. what the heck.. I mean if we're dreaming, dream big right?) and we'll live there and have ponies (I like ponies) and be best friends and... ok.. maybe not.. *G* (I hate winter)

Troubadour
11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm up for it, Ticky!

It's brighter over here in England today, but the temperature has really dropped. Apparently it's going to be freezing this weekend. At least I'm off work and can snuggle up at home with a hot chocolate and a movie :yay:

TimothyBFan
11-21-2008, 01:48 PM
15 inches of snow and no school! Thank goodness it is the weekend in a few hours. This is crazy weather this early on, even for this area!!

fred
11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
The snow is coming today,And then many problems on the road, People crashed, that is the negative part of the winter.
Brrr. I dontīt like it at all.

Tessa
11-22-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm really happy - we had our first snow today.

I love that :yay:

Midnight_Flyer
12-07-2008, 10:21 AM
sunny and blue sky

Stars
12-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Sunny, windy and COLD here!!! BRRRRRRRRR-still a bit of snow remaining on the cars from last night.

TimothyBFan
12-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm really happy - we had our first snow today.

I love that :yay:

I would gladly send you some of the 3 feet we have already gotten this year---YUCK!!!!!

Midnight Flyer-----LOVE your avatar and signature pic!!!!! Have you gotten the new GNR cd now that it is finally out? Not bad if you ask me but still love my old GNR with Slash, Duff and Steven.

ticky
12-07-2008, 06:31 PM
WET!! I am WET!! soaked to the bone! well was.. we went to get our tree and it RAINED like crazy! We all got wet, but we found a beautiful tree! The place we go is a place we've been going to for several years and they know us well. We get special deals on trees and garlands and wreaths. This is the first year in about 5 that it's actually rained on the day we go up to get the tree. We were supposed to go up yesterday but M&D couldnt make it. So now we have a tree that's soaking wet too!! welcome to Oregon! hehehe

AzEaglesFan
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
About 62 degrees here and cloudy. We are suppose to get rain today or tomorrow but so far just wind as usual.

sodascouts
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
15 degrees with the ground covered in snow.

Midnight_Flyer
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
icy, no snow yet though

wsccg
12-07-2008, 10:41 PM
It was -5 when I went in to work this morning and now it's 8 degrees and snowing like mad. Alas - winters in wisconsin. I think I'd rather have the rain ticky!!!! :) I just don't care so much for the extreme temps very much. I'm a big fan of the 50's - 70's!

ticky
12-08-2008, 12:48 AM
wsccg ~ Im with you! Im not a huge fan of the cold no matter where I am *G* I should have been born in Southern Cali I think. Give me sunshine and warm weather any day. (altho the snow is very pretty.. rain, not so much)

AzEaglesFan
12-08-2008, 04:01 AM
It's 1:00 AM and the rain finally got here so the temp dropped to 52 degrees. Cold for here

Mrs Henley
12-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Sun and cold, but I can handle this! :D

Prettymaid
12-08-2008, 08:24 AM
WET!! I am WET!! soaked to the bone! well was.. we went to get our tree and it RAINED like crazy! We all got wet, but we found a beautiful tree! The place we go is a place we've been going to for several years and they know us well. We get special deals on trees and garlands and wreaths. This is the first year in about 5 that it's actually rained on the day we go up to get the tree. We were supposed to go up yesterday but M&D couldnt make it. So now we have a tree that's soaking wet too!! welcome to Oregon! hehehe

Ticky, do the Roloff's (Little People Big World) sell Christmas trees on their farm? Or just pumpkins?

TimothyBFan
12-08-2008, 09:14 AM
:yay: Finally NOT snowing--but late this afternoon they say the freezing rain and sleet is suppose to start and turn to snow overnight again. YUCK!!! I'm sick of this stuff already!

Midnight_Flyer
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
sunny but cold

tbs fanatic
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Supposed to snow today. Am about to crazily run around and try to get some Xmas stuff done in case it turns into a big snow - brrrrrrr!

SweetHolly
12-10-2008, 10:08 PM
It's too cold for me in Dallas. Anything below 80 degrees is too cold and anything above 110 is too hot for me.

TimothyBFan
12-11-2008, 08:52 AM
It's too cold for me in Dallas. Anything below 80 degrees is too cold and anything above 110 is too hot for me.

That's it--I'm moving to Dallas!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Yesterday on my way to visit my Dad at the nursing home my car thermometer said 61 degrees F. On the way home it was raining and the temp dropped to 36 degrees F. After I got home, the rain turned to freezing rain, sleet, then a bit of snow and this morning it was 3 degrees F. Brrrrrrrrrr http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gif

MikeA
12-15-2008, 02:35 PM
2^f when I woke up...windchill at -11. Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer!

MikeA
12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I have no idea what it's like outside in Wichita, Kansas right now. Cold for sure and we did get a couple of inches of snow. But it made me think of a few pictures of a spectacular sunset that my wife, Verna, took from our back porch. These have NOT been enhanced!

http://mvabercrombie.net/abercrombie_albums/2008_1214_clouds/2008_1214_clouds.html

12-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow - tell Verna 'nice job' from me Mike. Isn't the sky majestic in these? As far as the weather in Virginia, it's not that cold - probably in the high 40's - but, it's been raining all night. Man, we sure have had a lot of rain here lately. I guess I shouldn't complain though, it beats the snow that some of you are getting.

Brooke
12-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Those are beautiful pictures Mike! Thanks for sharing.

As for the weather, it's snowing, the roads are slick, and it's a balmy 10^F! Just lovely! :rolleyes:

MikeA
12-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Those sunset pictures were just taken a week or two ago.

EagleLady
12-16-2008, 12:11 PM
It's warm here. 67 :yay:

tbs fanatic
12-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Snow, snow, snow tonight is supposed to be ice, ice, ice :roll:

TimothyBFan
12-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh Boy--the weather forecast here is bleak. Starting this evening sometime, we hare suppose to get hit really hard. They are calling for up to 14 inches of snow and ICE!! The snow we handle pretty good around here because that amount is really not that unusual quite a few times during the winter but the ice is scary. Said all depends on how the storm tracks on whether we see more snow or ice! My kids are already counting on no school tomorrow. Yuck!!

I hear Vegas got hit with a couple inches of the stuff yesterday also. Weird!!

MikeA
12-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I hear Vegas got hit with a couple inches of the stuff yesterday also. Weird!!

I just heard from a good friend of mine who lives in Henderson. That's sort of a neighboring city to Las Vegas and was one of the hardest hit in that area. He said that they had around 4" but that the temps were rising a little even last night. He expects it to be gone by the end of today.

But yesterday and last night, it pretty much brought Las Vegas to its knees! McCarran shut down with air traffic rerouted to Salt Lake City. They just don't have any snow removal equipment out there! This is the first Snow Storm of this magnitude to hit them since around 1974.

The you can always tell the "locals" in Las Vegas when you go out there in the winter. You are wearing long sleeves at most and the Locals are all wearing heavy coats...the temp may be all the way down to 65-degrees <LOL>. It's what you are used to though and they just aren't used to it!

AzEaglesFan
12-19-2008, 01:45 AM
It's now 10:30 PM and 44 degrees. Cold for here. We have had rain for the last two days but the clouds have cleared off so that is why it is so cold. At least the wind isn't blowing so our house is warm.

TimothyBFan
12-19-2008, 07:58 AM
The weatherman got it right this time! Everything is under ice and it is still coming down. All the schools in the area are closed and husband called it a day also (he has to travel over 45 miles one way usually and figured it wasn't worth doing it in an ice storm today). It's not suppose to let up till this afternoon. I just hope the power doesn't go out.

Prettymaid
12-19-2008, 09:10 AM
The weatherman got it right this time! Everything is under ice and it is still coming down. All the schools in the area are closed and husband called it a day also (he has to travel over 45 miles one way usually and figured it wasn't worth doing it in an ice storm today). It's not suppose to let up till this afternoon. I just hope the power doesn't go out.

Same here - ice storm in Central Illinois! Hubby has about the same distance one way to drive as your hubby Willie, but he went anyway! I haven't talked to him yet to see how the drive was. I only have a two minute drive to work, so it looks like I'm going!

Three times last night we were woken by loud thuds and finally realized that it was large branches falling onto our roof and then rolling off! We have a lot of mature oak trees on our property, and as beautiful as it is in the summer, they sure do reek havoc the rest of the year. Looks like half a tree down in our back yard!

Brooke
12-19-2008, 11:22 AM
We got it here, too. All the schools are closed. Hubby brought me to work in the 4 x 4 truck and it's only 5 minutes away, but the gravel road is very hazardous with packed snow and the ice on top. It had warmed up to 37 degrees, but now has cooled to 34 and is supposed to continue to drop all day. So, all that water will freeze again and be even slicker. :rolleyes:

tbs fanatic
12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Our 'big ice over' never materialized - much to my boys annoyance:enraged: I need to finish up some Xmas shopping this weekend so I'm hoping it stays away.

eaglesvet
12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks, all you Pacific Northwesterners and Midwesterners, for FINALLY sending us some snow! I hope it lasts until Christmas..we haven't had a white one in ages. The kids had a snow day on Friday; unfortunately I still had to work but it was a bit less hectic due to a few cancellations. At least we closed early. I'm sure the shoppers were a little frustrated, because it definitely was not safe driving during the prime shopping hours.

EagleLady
12-22-2008, 12:22 PM
It's unusually cold here

TimothyBFan
12-22-2008, 01:52 PM
What a weekend--several inches of snow, ice and blizzard like conditions! Started out to do some Christmas shopping in it yesterday morning only to get a call from my brother saying his house and my Mom's house were both without power. We turned around and had to get kerosene heaters and go down to their homes the opposite direction about 45 minutes (on a usual drive) to deliver them. They really got the ice there!

Now today it is 0 degrees with windchills of -25! Nieces and nephews here (6 of them, ages 6 months to 9 years) and we have made cookies, wrapped gifts, drew Christmas pictures, sang Christmas carols and now time for a Christmas movie. With any luck they will all dose off for awhile while Aunt Willie cleans up the mess left behind and gains her sanity back! ;-) Geez!!!

EagleLady
12-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Yikes!!! Thank god I live In Florida, even though it isn't that much warmer today :lol:

eaglesvet
12-22-2008, 08:33 PM
What a weekend--several inches of snow, ice and blizzard like conditions! Started out to do some Christmas shopping in it yesterday morning only to get a call from my brother saying his house and my Mom's house were both without power. We turned around and had to get kerosene heaters and go down to their homes the opposite direction about 45 minutes (on a usual drive) to deliver them. They really got the ice there!

Now today it is 0 degrees with windchills of -25! Nieces and nephews here (6 of them, ages 6 months to 9 years) and we have made cookies, wrapped gifts, drew Christmas pictures, sang Christmas carols and now time for a Christmas movie. With any luck they will all dose off for awhile while Aunt Willie cleans up the mess left behind and gains her sanity back! ;-) Geez!!!
Sounds like the nieces and nephews had a ball while Aunt Willie went crazy...but I bet you secretly had a ball, too! What a wonderfully Christmassy (adj.?) way to spend the day indoors!

SweetHolly
12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
That's it--I'm moving to Dallas!!!!!!!!!!
I'd love to have you.

Mrs Henley
01-07-2009, 03:08 AM
It's freezing here and snowing!
It's uh .. (if i am right, it sucks with the celcius here and the fareheit in the US) 21 degrees, but we're here near the sea (The Wadden Sea) and with the breeze from there it's so dang cold here!

So people in the warm and sunny (or at least not that cold as here) states, be prepared I'm coming your way!

Prettymaid
01-07-2009, 09:23 AM
C'mon then Mrs H, we'd love to have you! (But it's pretty cold here too!)

Mrs Henley
01-09-2009, 04:16 AM
Hahaha I wish I could go!

fred
01-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Today The Sun Is Shining in Mine City.But stiil is frozen,-3

But i loved this wheather.:thumbsup:

Mrs Henley
01-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Sunny but cold.
Hope it's in Groningen today a little bit warmer than here.. (although Groningen is just 30-45 minutes away from here..)

TimothyBFan
01-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Here we go again!!! School is closed today because of another snow storm that started overnight and temperatures are dropping fast. By tonight It is suppose to be below zero and there is a Blizzard Watch for tomorrow. Can hardly wait!! :brickwall: Weren't the kids just home for 2 1/2 weeks over Christmas break? Enough of winter already!

TimothyBFan
01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
This is an article from the Indianapolis paper from right before Christmas about the little town that I live in and the bad snow we always get. At that point we had already had 32 inches of snow. I'm sure we have more than doubled that by now! Pretty cool that we made the biggest paper in the state about it. Not so cool living with it tho! I highlighted a few things.

NEW CARLISLE, Ind. -- Dream of a white Christmas? Are you kidding?
Kids rarely have to beg for snow in this tiny "lake effect" town in Northern Indiana.

It just happens.
New Carlisle, the unofficial snow capital of Indiana, gets an average of 95 inches of snow every year -- nearly four times the amount of snow that falls in Indianapolis.
By Saturday, the day before the official start of winter and ending a week when a coating of snow and ice rocked Central Indiana with school closings and traffic nightmares, New Carlisle had recorded about 32 inches this season, and it takes an awful lot of snow to close the schools.
"If I had to guess, I would say somewhere over 20-plus inches might require a closing, but it's all in the timing," said Philip Bender, superintendent of New Prairie Schools. "It really depends when it falls. If it falls overnight, we can get to school with a two-hour delay."
Situated in a rare pocket east and south of Lake Michigan, New Carlisle has the distinction of getting hit with monster snows that blow off the lake in two directions.
"New Carlisle is in the not-so-enviable location of having lake-effect snow from a northwesterly wind and a westerly wind," said Rick Mecklenburg, the weatherman on WSBT-TV in South Bend, where they get 76 inches per year, almost 20 fewer inches than New Carlisle, even though they are just 10 miles to the east.
Longtime residents in this town of 1,500 recall there was once a sign on U.S. 20 that informed motorists of the town's distinction as the "snow capital of Indiana," but that sign is long gone, and nobody seems to know where it went.
"I have never heard New Carlisle being called the 'snow capital,' but it wouldn't surprise me," said Mecklenburg. "Not only is it the snowiest location in this county, but it is also the snowiest location in the entire state of Indiana."
Remember the famous blizzard of 1978? Indianapolis was shut down with 20 inches of snow. New Carlisle had 100 inches, according to local newspaper clippings.
And as far as those holidays that Bing Crosby sang about, well, New Carlisle and the South Bend area have a 67 percent chance of a white Christmas every year, compared with 30 percent for Central Indiana, according to the Northern Indiana Bureau of the National Weather Servicehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008812210364#).
In a town where downtown gift shops keep shovels and salt buckets handy, the curbside fire hydrants -- which get buried often in the winter -- are adorned with long sticks to keep snowplows away and help firefighters locate them in the event of a blaze.
Snow can fall so fast and so deep that state highway trucks sometimes have to push mountains of snow into the center of the highway until dump trucks can haul it away.
And almost every parking lot around town has its own mini-mountain of snow that typically hardens and refuses to melt until baseball season.
"Lots of folks with plows and shovels can make lots of money (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008812210364#)," said Augie Mauer, who heads the town street crew and helps track the daily snowfall for the National Weather Service.
Plowing the snow does not come cheap, especially to the school district -- which maintains parking lot "extensions" to store snow piles and spends $80,000 to $100,000 a year on snow removal, according to the superintendent.
By comparison, Central Indiana's rural Hamilton Heights school district spends just $3,000 to $4,000 per year, according to Peggy Jackson, budget director.
For better or worse, heavy snow always has been a part of life in New Carlisle.
Gladys Morse, 78, remembers the winter of 1940. She was 10, and her family lived on a farm when a blizzard struck. With no snowplows and little to stop the snow from drifting across the only road out, they were stranded.
"I remember seeing my dad hooking up the mules to what you might call a sled and then heading into town to get some supplies," said Morse. "Winter was considered a part of our lives, and we expected snow, usually lasting all winter, it seemed."
Sometimes a distance of a few miles can mean a big difference in perspective.
Peg Adams, a local retired schoolteacher, remembers the time her husband, a bank (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008812210364#) manager, had to deal with some unbelieving bosses who worked in South Bend and insisted that he open the bank on a snowy day in New Carlisle.
"The only way he could get there was to call a friend who had a snowmobile," said Adams.
Meanwhile, local kids rejoice every time it snows.
Last week, while most of the state dealt with an ice storm, New Carlisle had 31/2 inches of snow. As soon as school let out, kids began to show up at a town park to sled and snowboard in the bitter cold.
"Our children have fun with sleds, snowball fights, building forts, and various childhood games," said Morse. "Here at the library, we have many children come here after school to await their parents' return from work, and they really enjoy the snow."
Not everyone shares in the joy.
"Many of our senior citizens go south in the winter," said Morse. "I'm like lots of people. We accept the need to stay indoors."
Bender, the school superintendent who moved here two years ago from Evansville -- where they get a paltry 13.6 inches of snow per year -- said his family still is adjusting to the rough winters.
"When my family and I moved here two years ago, the boys that unloaded our truck made fun of our 'electric' snowblower," he said. "But so far, it has worked well.
"After having lived in southwestern Indiana all my life, I would rather have snow than the cold, dreary days of winter so familiar in the south. We eventually get tired of the snow, but it is a nice change."

Brooke
01-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Wow! That is a lot of snow! Snow is very pretty, but does cause lots of problems.

We get some snow here in NE Missouri, but it seems like not as much as when I was a kid. Most of the time it misses us, going to the north or south of here.

Right now we have bitter cold. It was 3 degrees F this morning and is now a balmy 12. And windy! Brrrrrrrrrr

eaglesvet
01-13-2009, 06:21 PM
TBF, that is pretty amazing that you could get 5X the amount of snow that another part of Indiana would get! And I like your school district's policy on snow days! For the first time that I can remember, our kids had a snow day this winter for a projected snowfall, before one flake had even fallen! I could hardly believe it! In my opinion, they should've opted to start school, and then gone for the early dismissal if the storm materialized (which it did.) That way, at least the kids get credit for the day in school.

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I took these pictures out my windows this morning. It is 11 degrees right now with windchills in the -20's. It has quit snowing for a bit but it's suppose to start back up this afternoon and the winds are suppose to get worse. Needless to say, the kids are home again today.

This is my backyard
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/P1010005-1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/P1010002-1.jpg

This is my utility vehicle-it was uncovered yesterday.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/P1010006-1.jpg

And this is poor Pickles-he is my bassett mix and so has very short legs-he stayed in Larry's path out to the garage from this morning. Hope Larry watched where he steps when he's coming back up the path this morning-Pickles may have left him a little something to step in.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/P1010007-1.jpg

Brooke
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gifhttp://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gifhttp://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gif

Oh my, TBF!

We've just got the cold. -10F this morning when I came to work at 8. With winds chills at -30F. http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gif

01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
OMG - TBFand Brooke. I was just complaining the other day because we haven't had any snow for the last 3 1/2 winters. Okay - when I say no snow, I'm talking about a significant amount. Now don't laugh, but in Richmond, significant means over 2 inches. We have had several "dustings" and a couple of times 1 or 2 inches, but that is it. This is very unusual for us because we usually have at least a couple of good snowstorms each winter. And this year, I don't even remember seeing a single snowflake here. However, after seeing your pictures, I have decided to shut up with my bitchin'. I don't think I could deal with that much snow all the time.

EagleLady
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Dreamer, I think your avatar could melt all the snow in the world :smokin:

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Dreamer-give me your address--I can spare a truckload or two to send to ya!

And by the way--it just started snowing again! D*mn!!!

01-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Naw TBF - that would be cheating. Part of the fun is watching the snow fall. :wink:

And wow - I hadn't thought about it, but perhaps my avatar IS having an impact on global warming! :confused: :shock:

EagleLady
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
:lol: I think that is a good thing

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok, well it's not snowing here in Oklahoma and it's not below zero but 18 degrees Fahrenheit (i don't think i spelled that right) is still pretty darn cold to me. I don't get to see the sun all the much because i work nights and sleep during the day so i get outside during the coldest time of the day. I can't wait to get to Florida so i can get away from this cold weather for a while. 13 days and counting.

sodascouts
01-15-2009, 10:04 PM
The wind chill here in Indiana is -30. And two of my heaters are broken. BRRRR!!!

:fear:

Stars
01-15-2009, 10:10 PM
It's 7 degrees Fahrenheit here in Delaware, which for Delaware is EXTREMELY cold! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I think I'm going to head to bed early and just burrow under the covers!:)
I would love to see some snow though! I'm with you, Dreamer.:thumbsup:

Freypower
01-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Summer heatwave with bushfires (not near us). Air conditioning running all day. Yesterday over 100, today hovering around 90.

EagleLady
01-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Dang, just reading that warmed me up :lol:

Brooke
01-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Ha! Too funny, Fp! From one extreme to the other! I'd rather be on your side of the world.

eaglesvet
01-16-2009, 11:49 PM
It is quite eye-opening! I agree, I'd take the summer over winter any day!

Peekaboo
01-17-2009, 08:03 PM
The weather in Oklahoma is just crazy. It was freezing 2 days ago with the temp being in the teens and yesterday it was about 30 degrees. Today, it's 55 degrees outside.

sodascouts
01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Man, that's crazy! We've warned up to 33 degrees over here - the windchill had us at -30 yesterday!

Stars
01-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Yesterday it was 19 degrees here-very cold to stand outside for a long time waiting for the Obama train. But it was worth it.
Today it's not quite as cold, but very overcast-"the sky won't snow and the sun won't shine"!:)

01-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Star - this is weird, but it is exactly the same here today, and I thought of exactly the same line this morning when I looked outside. Then, when I came in here and read your post, I really cracked up. I guess we Borderers do all think alike sometimes. I find myself applying Eaglese to real life frequently. :wink:

EagleLady
01-18-2009, 01:32 PM
:lol: We must all be related in some form

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Star - this is weird, but it is exactly the same here today, and I thought of exactly the same line this morning when I looked outside. Then, when I came in here and read your post, I really cracked up. I guess we Borderers do all think alike sometimes. I find myself applying Eaglese to real life frequently. :wink:
And that's how it should be, no?

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Yesterday it was 19 degrees here-very cold to stand outside for a long time waiting for the Obama train. But it was worth it.
Today it's not quite as cold, but very overcast-"the sky won't snow and the sun won't shine"!:)
Me, however, thought of Linda Ronstadt's Heat Wave!! Close, but no cigar. (Could be part of a Six Degrees of Separation...)

Stars
01-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Dreamer, I do the same thing-apply Eaglese to many situations in my life! As soon as I saw what it was like outside today, that line from "Desperado" came right into my head!:)
And I do think we are all connected to each other. Our love for the Eagles has brought us all together, and I think that is very special!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Yesterday, I had my "Best of Glenn Frey" CD playing in the car. As the car was warming up, "The Heat Is On" started playing. As I sat there shivering, I hollered "NO" when he started singing, "Tell me, can you feel it?" lol!

TimothyBFan
01-19-2009, 11:48 AM
:rofl: You should of thrown something at Glenn for asking!!

EagleLady
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Cold, Cold, and did I mention Cold? Going down to 24 tonight, will be 50 tomorrow. Dang I wish It was spring already :-x

TimothyBFan
01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
For the first time in weeks, there is no snow in the forecast for the next 2 days AND the temperature is suppose to be 26 degrees! :blueblob:

TimothyBFan
01-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Ran out to do a few errands this morning and found this sign in front of one of the businesses at the end of town. It pretty much sums up how everyone in this town feels every winter.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/001-1.jpg

Brooke
01-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Ha! Too funny Willie! Have you had any takers?

We got up this morning to 3-4 inches of the white fluffy stuff. A big surprise as the weatherman had said we might have a few flurries! And it's very cold, a high of 14.

Peekaboo
01-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Freezing rain and slick roads are no fun at all :thumbsdown:. And more is expected tomorrow. :sad:

ticky
01-27-2009, 12:28 PM
its snowing :brickwall:

Jags
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
:bye: It's in the 70's for highs and 60's for lows all of this week here... Although it was freakishly cold for FL a couple of nights last week - lows were in the very low 20's! I hate FL weather! You dress for the cold in the morning and by afternoon it's too hot! I'd much rather be cold then hot myself! I've never seen snow before and I'd really love to see some one day. But I guess it's like they say... the grass is always greener, huh? LOL! ;)

EagleLady
01-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Jags, I live In Florida too, and I can tell you, I much rather have hot weather than Cold weather

Jags
01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Jags, I live In Florida too, and I can tell you, I much rather have hot weather than Cold weather
Well, I guess I might feel differently if I ever lived up north... :shrug: But I've never had a white X-Mas before (unless you count the sand @ the beach) and I really envy those that can build snowmen and have snowball fights, especially during the holidays. I just really like it cold, hubby says I keep it so cold in our house that you can hang meat, and he often has to wear a jacket even in the summertime, LMAO! ;) What part of FL are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

EagleLady
01-27-2009, 01:17 PM
The Panhandle

TimothyBFan
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
I hate FL weather!

Are you kidding me? :huh:

I'd much rather be cold then hot myself! I've never seen snow before and I'd really love to see some one day. ;)

Send me your address and I will send you sh:censored: load of the d:censored: stuff!!

Brooke
01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
It's 15 here and snowing.

I'd rather be warm than cold any old day, but I do like the seasonal changes we have here. It's just that the winter seems to last way too long.

Jags
01-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Are you kidding me? :huh:
nope! :shrug:

Send me your address and I will send you sh:censored: load of the d:censored: stuff!! Bring it on! :jealous:

Peekaboo
01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I was expecting freezing rain today but when I woke up and looked outside, there was snow everywhere. Now it's starting to sleet on top of the snow. I just hope i'll still be able to fly out to Florida tomorrow morning. I'm ready for some warm weather.

Glennsallnighter
02-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Since yesterday evening pretty much anytime I want to go out its been snowing on and off. A bit of a novelty over here now after the last few milder winters. Still they were followed by wet summers. Hopefully this colder winter will be offset by a long hot summer.

Stars
02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Yesterday it was in the 50's here, and felt like spring time. I took a nice, long walk and expected to see flowers! Today it's in the 20's and snowing. Strange weather indeed!;-)

Brooke
02-03-2009, 11:03 AM
0 degrees this morning with 30 mph winds. Brrrrrrrr!