PDA

View Full Version : Oakland, CA 10-11-05

Ive always been a dreamer
01-24-2008, 04:08 PM
As promised, here is a VERY long, detailed review that I wrote after the Oakland concert on October 11, 2005. It was the 3rd Eagles concert that I attended. But, this was the first concert where I had a really great seat, and I watched the guys intensely and took MANY notes. Just as an FYI, I also attended Sacramento show a fews weeks after this and didn’t write down one single word. After reading this, you'll probably understand why. :wink: Well, here goes...

----------------------------------------------------------

Oakland Coliseum - October 11, 2005

Many of you have probably heard me say that I would give anything to just have eye contact with the guys. I would not have been qualified to comment on whether or not the guys check out the audience or not - but after Tuesday night, I am officially qualified. Let me tell you - I got EYE CONTACT!!! Let me also preface this by saying I'm no spring chicken and am not the hottest chick that was in the audience. Many people got eye contact, including some men in the audience. I was sitting in the third row right in front of Glenn (and Don when he took center stage). After the first few songs, I thought Tim was trying to "chose" me because I thought he made eye contact with me several times. But we all know about wishful thinking and it looked like he was looking at me, but I wasn't positive. I also think I made eye contact with Don once and Joe once. Then, finally it came - Glenn finally took me back from Tim. I thought I got eye contact 3 or 4 times from Glenn. But, then came the real deal - verified EYE CONTACT! Here's what lead up to it - none of which was planned, but some tips that we should never forget. First of all, I wore a bright sky blue shirt and whenever the stage lights came up, they were right on me, so I guess the shirt may have stood out. But the best stroke of luck was that there was a little 4 or 5 year-old girl sitting right next to me with her mom. Sometime late in the show Glenn acknowledged the little girl and was talking to her and making cute faces at her. During LITFL, was my major moment - Glenn was mouthing the words as usual and when he got to the line "she was too tired to fight about it" he stared directly at me through the whole line. I stared directly back, and then I pointed to myself and mouthed ME? at him - he looked back at me, pointed to his shirt, and mouthed "blue" indicating the color of my shirt. He made a quick face at me by squenching his nose and gave me a little grin. And I swear, I'll never be the same again. Now, I really did think I was dreaming, but I am certain now that it wasn't a dream - it was real. After the song ended, before leaving the stage, Glenn bent over and said "Don't leave, I've got some picks for you." A few minutes later, someone came over and gave the little girl next to me a set of picks. There were none for me. :evil: However, I don't think the little girl got more than a couple of bruises as I wrestled them away from her (now, of course, I am just kidding).

What I want to convey about this is that as much as that moment meant to me, I'm sure Glenn probably just considers it "working the crowd". Entertaining is his business and many of us have acknowledged many times what an astute businessman Glenn is. These guys know who butters their bread. The only thing left for me to say right now is that it is probably just as well that I didn't get to meet this man in person. I don't know what I'd have done if I had cornered this happily married father of three! :twisted: All I can do now is ask for you all to keep me in your thoughts, and hope that I have a full and speedy recovery. :D :D

BTW - I tried to get a camera in two different doors, but got caught both times so, I had to take it back to the car. They apparently strictly enforced the no camera rule because I don't recall seeing flashes going off during the show.

Okay everyone - I'm sitting here with my notes from the concert. I already posted the best part (at least for me). I apologize in advance for the length, but some of you wanted details, so I'm giving them to you. All I can say is if you don't want details, then skip over this post. So now, let the details begin - it's going to be a long post ladies and gentlemen.

Part I - The Fashion Report

The guys looked fabulous! After the break, they all kept the same pants, but changed shirts. Here is a pic (Sorry, Tim fans).

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/eaglesoakland2005.jpg

Tim - I'll start with him since, again, the photographer must have forgotten that "TIMOTHY IS AN EAGLE." He looked great in his skin tight faded black jeans. During the first set, he had on a white button down long sleeve white shirt opened to the 3rd button - no chest hair showing - oh dah! :shock: He was also wearing a black vest with very small white pokka dots and a short black rope chain around his neck. His hair was the usual "Tim" hair. After break, he changed to a fitted, collarless black knit 3/4 sleeve shirt (looked REAL hot).

Don <sigh> - He looked great the first set. He wore dark black jeans. The shirt was really nice - a double pocket button down light grey silky (not shiny though) fabric with a very thin black stripe opened to the first button (no chest hair showing). His hair was a little longer than in the F1 DVD, but still spiked. No cowboy hat this time. After the break, it was back to plaid - white and light beige double pocket button down opened to the first button. For Desperado, he put on a brown sports type jacket. Now, of course, I would never make fun of Don's fashion sense :wink: - but let's just say the jacket appeared to be a little dressy over the shirt, particularly since the shirt sleeves were much longer than the jacket sleeves. (Still hot though, no matter what he wears).

Joe - He looked absolutely fabulous - the best I've seen him recently. The best thing was his pants - they were more fitted than the usual pajama/elephant pants he wears making him look much thinner than in the F1 DVD. They were all black and either cotton or knit fabric - showing that he still has quite a nice bod. You can see the great looking black and green 3/4 sleeve shirt in the picture with a long sleeve black shirt under it. His hair also looked great - no gel. After the break, he kept the long sleeve black shirt but changed to a short sleeve bright multi-colored shirt over it. (Very nice as well)

Glenn (excuse me, but I may have just fainted) - You can see his light blue jeans in the picture with a black tee shirt. The cover shirt was hot - long sleeve (sleeves rolled) white with pink and black thin to medium width stripes and no pockets. Normal great Glenn hair about the same length as in F1. After break, he kept the black tee and changed to a solid light blue shirt about the same color as his jeans. Again, the shirt had no pockets, was long sleeve with sleeves rolled. BTW - Glenn had a goober-free evening as far as I could tell.

Other guys -
Steuart - Wore all black - black jeans, black tee, and black long sleeve shirt. After the break, he just took off the black cover shirt. He looked okay, but I personally prefer some color.
Will - I never could see his pants, but he wore a really nice button down (open to third button) long sleeve navy blue shirt with a medium to wide width white stripe. (Real nice)
Scotty - I never could see his pants, but he wore a button down (open to second button) solid black shirt. I forgot to write down the sleeve length. oops
Mike - He was the only thing I could not see the entire night. The piano was just at the wrong angle where I was sitting, and I never even saw his face. :x
Mighty Horns - Pretty much standard attire - wore the hats some.

Part II - What They Said

There were some new comments and jokes. I thought they all seemed in very good spirits. Although, I think Joe must have either been tired or a little under the weather. If there is tension going on in the band right now, they managed to hide it well. Glenn, in particular, was in really good spirits and pretty talkative for an Eagle. :D BTW - The show started at 8:22.

Glenn - Made opening remarks after Witchy Woman. Just said "Hello Oakland, San Francisco, Bay Area ecetera and that it was nice to be playing California, and they were going to play for a long time.

NKIT - Glenn said the song had the highest notes he could hit in his natural voice (pause) in 1976.

Lyin' Eyes - said he always dedicates to first wife, Plaintiff. It actually got a good laugh, so I guess there are still people out there that haven't heard it before.

OOTN - After the song, Glenn said that when they wrote most of their songs, the Dead Sea was just sick.

NMCD - Glenn said he had listened to some David Grey stuff and really liked it and it gave him the inspiration for writing the song. He said that songwriters didn't call it stealing - they call it modeling. He joked that amateurs model - professionals steal.

TITTL - Glenn said the song had a deeper meaning in California - only in CA do their wives call it the credit card song. (I thought they called it that everywhere). :wink: I think he was trying to be warm and fuzzy because he also said that people call them a Southern CA band and as far as they were concerned that they are a CA band - they don't differentiate between northern CA and southern CA.

Glenn's band intro was particularly cute this time. He said he was going to tell where everyone was from - then he laughed and said actually we all live together in a big house in Laurel Canyon. He introduced Chris Mostert as their seed dealer from Holland, and he said that the band all goes home after the shows these days, but they "send Scotty out to let them know what would be happening if they did still hang."(Note: Unless Glenn was lying, IMO, this validates that the band is no longer partying with groupies after the concerts these days - but all along I thought that was the statement they were making when they added a real third encore to the shows.) :wink: :wink:

AG - Glenn's said to the audience thanks for our support not just tonight, but over the last 37 years.

Joe - I was really disappointed that he didn't do ODAAT so his first song was In the City. He started with his "How ya doin'?" of course. Then he said he couldn't believe it was October already - wasn't it still June about 10 minutes ago? Said that the song was about being in the city.

LBG - Joe used the helmet cam. He joked and said to feel free to express yourself however you wanted, although some ways are more effective than others. He introduced the song by saying that he "started writing a beautiful love song, but somewhere along the way I must have had a big mood swing cause this is what happened." He also said he was hoarse, but would get through it. And boy he did - it sounded great. He changed the words this time to "the Lakers stink without Shaq" and said his fans write to tell him Don's great.

RMW - Joe said "Bush is at bat - now you all say it." So the band didn't sing "time to change the batter" - the audience did.

Don introduced the break instead instead of Glenn. (I was glad since Don does so little talking). He said they couldn't play this long without taking a break - "just think of it as a 4th inning stretch and we'll be right back."

HITW - Don's intro was longer than F1 (which, again I liked). He repeated the part about how they had finished touring Europe and Russia and made the comment about drinking vodka to keep warm. Then, he talked about how they were supposed to go in the studio on September 20th - then he corrected himself and said I mean September 11th. He also said that they started writing the song that night, and it took them about a year to finish it. (Sorry - I can't resist saying it - but no wonder they can't lay 10 tracks for a new CD). He dedicated the song to the 9/11 victims, as well as, the victims of the tsunamis, recent hurricanes, and "at the risk of being politically incorrect" the victims of the earthquake in Pakistan and India.

DL - Don dedicated it to Nancy Grace, but made no other comment.

Tim - Before LWKUA, Tim said it was his turn to greet everyone and that everyone thinks he's from Sacramento, but he was actually born right here in Oakland. (Big roar from crowd, of course).

Part III - Other cool, fun, memorable moments.

I saw Glenn blow the kiss to the camera and laugh, but I don't know what song. It was very cute.

NKIT - Near the end, when Glenn sings Oh my, my - I think he must have messed something up. It wouldn't have been noticable except that he just cracks up laughing at himself.

Lyin' Eyes - At the end Glenn and Joe bow to each other.

BOS - Glenn and Don had some really nice warm and fuzzy moments playing and laughing together. Then, Steuart comes across the stage to Glenn during the guitar solo and they play together. During same, Don and Joe are talking and laughing back and forth.

TLR - Joe and Tim have a warm and fuzzy fun moment. When Don "sings" to Joe, Joe mouths "couldn't hold a candle to me." Don and Glenn both bend over at the same time during "kinda bent, but we ain't broken" and then crack up at each other. It seems as if a good time is being had by all.

LWKUA - Dreamer has very probable, but unconfirmed eye contact with Tim. Glenn is mouthing the words (never seen him mouth the words to this one before).

WA - Tim is really into it. Comes up very close to the edge of the stage and is "working the crowd."

SG - Don and Glenn have another warm and fuzzy moment playing at the beginning. Joe says something to Don and Don really cracks up (a big one). At the end during the sax part, Glenn is repeatedly mouthing what looks like boo ba boo ba to the music. (You know how that man loves his sax).

LBG - The usual Glenn and Joe funnies, but they don't do the little skip and jump part.

DL - Glenn and Joe cracking up at each other again. Glenn and Tim have a warm and fuzzy - smiling at each other during the "kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down" part. Don goes over to the far left of the stage (only time I think). When they line up together, Joe is the only one that jumps up and down, but Glenn and Don are cracking up and having another "moment." After Glenn's guitar solo at the end is when he first starts interacting with the little girl sitting next to me.

F49 - Glenn and Tim interacting - Tim is clapping and Glenn is doing something back by rubbing his neck. Glenn starts major interaction with audience.

HT - Dreamer has very probable, but unconfirmed eye contact with Joe. Glenn is "into" it.

LITF - Glenn is mouthing the words as usual. Dreamer has confirmed eye contact and communication with Glenn. LITF is now Dreamer's new best Eagles song and blue is now my favorite color. "She was too tired to fight about it" is the best line ever written in the history of rock 'n roll, IMO. :D :shock: :wink: OBTW - I don't know how I remembered this, but at the end of the song, when Don comes out from behind the drums, a piece of Don's little spiked hair has fallen down on his forehead like in F1. Glenn leans over before leaving the stage and says, "Don't leave, I have some picks for you." Everyone is excited because they might get picks.

HC - Glenn winks and sniffs when Don sings "warm smell of colitas." Don does a small "uh."

RMW - Glenn nods his head up and down when audience sings "time to change the batter." (Note: Some of you may now think that Dreamer is somewhat fixated on Glenn and not paying attention to the other guys, which could be partially true, but Glenn truly is the one that is really "working the crowd" at this point). Someone brings set of guitar picks to little girl sitting next to Dreamer. Dreamer doesn't get any. :shock:

ASWTDID - Dreamer has very probable, but unconfirmed eye contact with Don and Don grins. Don goes over to play with Steuart during guitar solo. Don gives a very big grin again. Glenn does his dance, but Joe is pretty much just playing. Doesn't do his dance like in F1 and Tim didn't clap.

AG - Glenn gives Tim a big smile during guitar solo.

Desperado - Don is "into" it - doesn't look at audience.

Curtain Call - Joe "slouches" as he comes to center stage, indicating that he is very tired. As the guys are walking off the stage, someone throws something white that very much appears to be "lingerie" but I couldn't tell what it was (definately too small to be a tank top). Don picks it up, grins, and carries it off stage with him.

Whew - The End

P.S. I hung around for a few minutes checking to see if anyone was going to make it backstage, but I didn't see anyone.

Brooke
01-24-2008, 04:31 PM
This has got to be the best review of any concert I have ever read! :applause: Transported me right back in time. It was great to read it again, dreamer! Thanks!

Girls, take note. This is what we want from each of you come March! :wink: :D

katherine5832
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Dreamer, that was just awesome! I'm sitting here reading it smiling and laughing and getting goosebumps...I can only imagine how you must've felt. Those of you who have had these moments (eye contact, meeting them, being so close to them in concerts) are truly lucky. And, I'm with Brooke; we want details about the London shows! 2 questions for you Dreamer: Why didn't you take notes at the Sacramento concert and does Glenn often have goober problems at the concerts???

sodascouts
01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
AWESOME review!!

Maleah
01-24-2008, 09:20 PM
WOW!! :D

01-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I actually quite enjoyed reliving the experience myself. This was one of my most awesome nights for sure. Once I got home from that trip, I just couldn't get over it, and soon after decided that I had to go back for more. That's when I decided to go back for the Sacramento show and met Z, Soda, and PLS for the first time. I think it was shortly after this show that I also began having visions of myself standing on the Pebble Beach golf course. :wink: I was so bombed in Feb. 2006 that I was unable to go to Pebble Beach with Soda and PLS because of work commitments. I vowed that nothing would keep me away in 2007.

Katherine, after taking so many notes in Oakland, I decided that I was going to focus my full attention on the guys in Sacramento. It's funny, but in Oakland, I was watching the guys intensely, and some of my notes were almost illegible because I was writing stuff down without looking at the paper. Some people at the show even asked me if I was a reporter. I laughed and said "I wish". As far as your question about Glenn, he is quite renowned for his goobers during his performances. Last year at his show in Atlantic City Molly and I were standing right at Glenn's feet toward the end of the show, and spit was spewing everywhere. I almost hurt myself trying to get some to land on me. :D :D

EasyFeeling
01-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Oooooh, that was fun to read, thanks for posting it again :D :D It's always fun reading about your experiences with the Eagles. And I remember the bright blue shirt and I think that's a good suggestion what our girls should wear when they go to the London show. 8)

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Dreamer! This has me so excited!

Point 1! I am bringing my very own Eagle magnet. She's 6!!!!!! Her name is Laura :) (Timtot)

And if she gets ANY guitar pics, well mummy just might have to confiscate them :wink:

Point 2 Blue top. Definitely. The search starts HERE!

Point 3 Do they let you take notes?

Point 4. If there is any hope of getting backstage, myself MF and TT will wait all night if necessary,

I'm getting too excited to think coherently or say any more for now.

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:21 AM
DREAMER!!! GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE REVIEW!!! :shock: :applause:

I've spent the last 15 minutes reading it (I'm a very analytical reader, and you are a very detailed writer - are you a Virgo, but any chance? :wink:), and my colleagues have been wondering what is up with me, as I keep giggling to myself! :blush: Giggling with excitement for your part, giggling because of your great sense of humour, giggling because of the endless possibilities that lay ahead of me in two months' time!!! :blueblob: :yay:

I hardly know where to start with reviewing your review :wink:, but I want to commend you on the amazing detail that you were able to make notes of and remember too. I could NEVER do that - I'd miss most of the show! :blush: If you want a report from me, I'll have to rely on my memory! The detail of the boys' outfits and especially their movements and comments during particular songs really left me speechless. Fantastic. I also loved your accounts of the interaction of the boys between themselves and with the fans.

I can't say how happy I am for you that you had that special moment with Glenn :heart:, and the eye contact (whether real or imagined :wink: ) with the other guys will also always stay with you, I'm sure. It's just a pity you didn't get any picks! I could only wish to get from the guys what you did - hopefully GA and I will be sitting close enough that they will notice us.

It was funny for me to read about the little girl sitting next to you having got so much attention. GA and I had already considered that Timtot (I love that, GA! :applause: ) would perhaps gain us some attention from the boys. Having said that, though, GA, you know you are such a bad girl!!! :shock: :twisted: :wink:

The following is a selection of my favourite lines from your review:

"So now, let the details begin - it's going to be a long post ladies and gentlemen." - Dreamer, you are so clever - Glenn :heart: would be very proud of you! :wink:

"Glenn (excuse me, but I may have just fainted) - You can see his light blue jeans in the picture with a black tee shirt. The cover shirt was hot - long sleeve (sleeves rolled) white with pink and black thin to medium width stripes and no pockets. Normal great Glenn hair about the same length as in F1. After break, he kept the black tee and changed to a solid light blue shirt about the same color as his jeans. Again, the shirt had no pockets, was long sleeve with sleeves rolled. BTW - Glenn had a goober-free evening as far as I could tell." - The lines about your having fainted and the "goober-free evening" really cracked me up! :rofl: :rofl:

"What I want to convey about this is that as much as that moment meant to me, I'm sure Glenn probably just considers it "working the crowd". Entertaining is his business and many of us have acknowledged many times what an astute businessman Glenn is. These guys know who butters their bread. The only thing left for me to say right now is that it is probably just as well that I didn't get to meet this man in person. I don't know what I'd have done if I had cornered this happily married father of three! All I can do now is ask for you all to keep me in your thoughts, and hope that I have a full and speedy recovery." - Oh, Dreamer, I know exactly what you mean! I'm sure, though, that Glenn :heart: knows how much these moments mean to the fans, and goes out of his way to make them feel special, not only because of being an astute businessman, but because he can make people happy. Call me naive, but after the wonderful stories that some of you have conveyed about Glenn :heart: in person, and at his concert in Canada, I really believe that.

"OOTN - After the song, Glenn said that when they wrote most of their songs, the Dead Sea was just sick." - :rofl: Oh, isn't Glenn :heart: just brilliant? :sigh:

"LITF - Glenn is mouthing the words as usual. Dreamer has confirmed eye contact and communication with Glenn. LITF is now Dreamer's new best Eagles song and blue is now my favorite color. "She was too tired to fight about it" is the best line ever written in the history of rock 'n roll, IMO. OBTW - I don't know how I remembered this, but at the end of the song, when Don comes out from behind the drums, a piece of Don's little spiked hair has fallen down on his forehead like in F1. Glenn leans over before leaving the stage and says, "Don't leave, I have some picks for you." Everyone is excited because they might get picks." :rofl: :rofl: I can just imagine how you felt, Dreamer!

Gosh, my review is almost as long as yours! :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I actually quite enjoyed reliving the experience myself. This was one of my most awesome nights for sure. Once I got home from that trip, I just couldn't get over it, and soon after decided that I had to go back for more. That's when I decided to go back for the Sacramento show and met Z, Soda, and PLS for the first time. I think it was shortly after this show that I also began having visions of myself standing on the Pebble Beach golf course. :wink: I was so bombed in Feb. 2006 that I was unable to go to Pebble Beach with Soda and PLS because of work commitments. I vowed that nothing would keep me away in 2007.

Katherine, after taking so many notes in Oakland, I decided that I was going to focus my full attention on the guys in Sacramento. It's funny, but in Oakland, I was watching the guys intensely, and some of my notes were almost illegible because I was writing stuff down without looking at the paper. Some people at the show even asked me if I was a reporter. I laughed and said "I wish". As far as your question about Glenn, he is quite renowned for his goobers during his performances. Last year at his show in Atlantic City Molly and I were standing right at Glenn's feet toward the end of the show, and spit was spewing everywhere. I almost hurt myself trying to get some to land on me. :D :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dreamer, you are an absolute scream! And you are so lucky to have seen Glenn :heart: so many times! :jealous: This London gig might be the only time I get to see him and the other boys! :( I've got a lot riding on this trip! :shock:

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Dreamer! This has me so excited!

Point 1! I am bringing my very own Eagle magnet. She's 6!!!!!! Her name is Laura :) (Timtot)

And if she gets ANY guitar pics, well mummy just might have to confiscate them :wink:

Point 2 Blue top. Definitely. The search starts HERE!

Point 3 Do they let you take notes?

Point 4. If there is any hope of getting backstage, myself MF and TT will wait all night if necessary,

I'm getting too excited to think coherently or say any more for now.

Point 1: :shock: GA, you can't confiscate TT's picks! She has to give them to me, since I need them to play in the band and all... :twisted: :wink:

Point 4: Oh, you said it, GA! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

I'm sorry, I'm letting my hopes run away with me again... :blush:

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I get the impression you're looking forward to this gig MF! :twisted: :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-25-2008, 08:47 AM

Do you really think so, GA? :twisted: How do you know? http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 09:46 AM

Do you really think so, GA? :twisted: How do you know? http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

You girls are very observant! I didn't realise I was making myself so obvious! :wink: :wink: :wink: :blush: :blush: :blush:

01-25-2008, 10:25 AM
And you are so lucky to have seen Glenn :heart: so many times! :jealous: This London gig might be the only time I get to see him and the other boys! :( I've got a lot riding on this trip! :shock:

MF - Believe me, I realize how lucky I am to be able to do this. I must say though, I had to wait a very long time. I have been an Eagles fan since the very beginning, but I never even saw them live until 2003 (yes, that is 31 years). So I figure that with all of my good fortune over the past couple of years, I'm just making up for lost time. :wink: You are also right that the guys do appear to be very caring about their fans. But you know the bottom line is this - I have been to some shows where I didn't get noticed at all, and it didn't matter. I still loved them. Special moments are just that - special - but, I know you all will have a wonderful time no matter what happens. When it's all said and done, it really is all about their amazing music. I know you'll be blown away at the experience of hearing and seeing them live.

DonFan
01-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Point 3. Do they let you take notes?

To answer 3.--Yes--they can stop you from taking pictures when they see a flash, but how are they going to stop you from taking notes?

Although I did wonder how you had any time to actually WATCH the show, after reading your long and excellent review, Dreamer. I'm glad you were able to go to another show and concentrate on watching the guys the whole time!

BTW, the next time someone asks if you are a reporter, just say yes. As a writer, I get that question all the time. And actually, you and everyone else who posts here ARE reporters, because we are all going to report what happened at each show right HERE!

01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
That is true DF. And believe me, I took my journalistic responsibilities very seriously. :wink: :wink: I did actually get to see the show because I remember doing a lot of my writing in between the songs. But still, I was very busy working the note pad throughout the evening.

And GA - I meant to mention in my last post, good luck with Timtot (I love that name). It may be a good idea to dress her in bright clothes as well. :D :twisted:

And one more thing - MF - no, I'm not a Virgo. I'm a Saggitarius.

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Well I'll have to admit it I know what you are saying Dreamer. Realistically we are going to the gig to have a good night and to get as close to the boys as possible. Anything else will be treated as a bonus. But in saying that we make our own opportunities so ...... :wink:
We shall not be found wanting in that department!

Mrs Frey
01-27-2008, 06:10 AM
And you are so lucky to have seen Glenn :heart: so many times! :jealous: This London gig might be the only time I get to see him and the other boys! :( I've got a lot riding on this trip! :shock:

MF - Believe me, I realize how lucky I am to be able to do this. I must say though, I had to wait a very long time. I have been an Eagles fan since the very beginning, but I never even saw them live until 2003 (yes, that is 31 years). So I figure that with all of my good fortune over the past couple of years, I'm just making up for lost time. :wink: You are also right that the guys do appear to be very caring about their fans. But you know the bottom line is this - I have been to some shows where I didn't get noticed at all, and it didn't matter. I still loved them. Special moments are just that - special - but, I know you all will have a wonderful time no matter what happens. When it's all said and done, it really is all about their amazing music. I know you'll be blown away at the experience of hearing and seeing them live.

Wow, Dreamer - I wish I could say that I've been a fan for that long - 31 years is indeed a long time, and you did wait a long time to see the boys. Good grief, I'm 31 years old! :shock: I'm so happy for you that you've managed to make up for lost time, as you say.

I agree with you that we will indeed have a fabulous time, whether or not the boys actually see us, although it would be fantastic if they did. As GA says, it would be a bonus. I must just tell you that reading your review really warmed my heart, both for the happiness that you experienced and because I love the boys so much.:heart:

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
And GA - I meant to mention in my last post, good luck with Timtot (I love that name). It may be a good idea to dress her in bright clothes as well. :D :twisted:

I have a lovely fuschia dress that she got for Christmas

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00814.jpg

What do you folks think. Without the black cardie??

Or would her cream one stand out more?
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00380.jpg

I suppose in the end it'll be her decision anyway!

Brooke
01-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Awwww! I think either would be very cute, with our without the cardies!

She is adorable, too! And I also love Timtot for a name! :D

01-27-2008, 09:58 PM
GA - Timtot is a beautiful little girl. She will probably get the guy's attention no matter what she's wearing. The cream colored dress is very cute, but I vote for the fuschia. The brighter, the better, IMHO. :D

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 03:27 AM
Awwwww, GA - TT is such a gorgeous little girl. I don't think it matters what she wears - the boys will definitely notice her! :D :D :D

EasyFeeling
01-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Cute little girl, GA. :D I would prefer fuchsia, it's more visible among the crowd.

glenneaglesfan
01-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Dreamer, it's been great reliving your 'Glenn moment'. Thanks for posting that again. :D

GA, Timtot will look lovely in either of those dresses. I'm sure she'd love to choose for herself.

I don't think I have anything bright in my wardrobe, so I'll definitely have to remedy that!

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Awwwww, GA - TT is such a gorgeous little girl. I don't think it matters what she wears - the boys will definitely notice her! :D :D :D

Its not her we want them to notice is it MF :?: :wink: She will merely be a means to an end...... :wink:

Ah no! Thats not fair! I really do hope Tim sees her. It would not only make her night, but her life so far!

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone for your lovely compliments about 'Timtot'. Looks like Fuschia is winning hands down. I'll tell her Tim would be more likely to see her in the Fuschia dress!

EasyFeeling
01-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Ok, I haven't asked so far because I didn't want to sound totally stupid, but since that word Timtot came up every time can someone please tell me what is meant? GA, your daughter's name is Laura, what is Timtot? :?

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:16 AM
:lol:

I'm sorry, EF, but I couldn't help laughing when I read your question. Don't worry, you don't sound stupid at all! The name itself makes me laugh, and it's understandable that you didn't pick up on the reference. I don't think GA would mind my responding here: Timtot refers to Laura being a huge Tim fan, and also to the fact that she's still little, i.e. a tot.

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:19 AM

Its not her we want them to notice is it MF :?: :wink: She will merely be a means to an end...... :wink:

Ah no! Thats not fair! I really do hope Tim sees her. It would not only make her night, but her life so far!

Well, if the boys notice all three of us, then I reckon it would probably make OUR lives so far! :pray: :D

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Ok, I haven't asked so far because I didn't want to sound totally stupid, but since that word Timtot came up every time can someone please tell me what is meant? GA, your daughter's name is Laura, what is Timtot? :?

MF is exactly right. Laura's favourite Eagle is Tim, and she's mad about him. So as we all have board names I thought to give her 'Timtot' as a name! Glad everyone likes it so much!

EasyFeeling
01-30-2008, 04:50 AM
Aaaaaaaaaah :D thanks for explaining. I've never heard the word "tot" therefore I couldn't see the connection. I like that name. :D

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Its a bit cute! Thanks EF!