PDA

View Full Version : ISO recent concert opinions

tac0mao6
12-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Thinking about going to the the band when they stop off in Houston .. ticket prices are as expected but not completely outrageous. I missed out on seeing my favorite lineup in the mid-70s (I was 6) so this could be a last chance.

Looking for input from fellow borderers who have been to a recent show with the current lineup. How would you rate your overall satisfaction with the performance. Was it worth the cost?

This isn’t about any one person’s opinion of current vs preferred lineup. That topic has been covered in other threads. Just looking for a little input so I can make a decision.
Thanks in advance

shunlvswx
12-15-2017, 11:53 PM
I haven't been to any of the shows this year, but I'm going next year.

I've seen and heard videos on YouTube where the audio was terrible from recording on the phone (some clips were good) and heard some of it Sirius where it's clear. I thought they sounded good. I say go. I had a lot of chances to see them for the HOTE tour and I still kick myself. I almost didn't want to go next year because its a weeknight, but I'm pushing myself to drive the 3 hours both ways back to see them. I know i will be tired the next day at work.

I myself missed out on a lot of my favorites from the 70s (I was born the year the Eagles broke up). I wish I've seen them at the height of their careers.

I vote go. Don't miss the opportunity.

YoungEaglesFan
12-16-2017, 01:51 AM
Thinking about going to the the band when they stop off in Houston .. ticket prices are as expected but not completely outrageous. I missed out on seeing my favorite lineup in the mid-70s (I was 6) so this could be a last chance.

Looking for input from fellow borderers who have been to a recent show with the current lineup. How would you rate your overall satisfaction with the performance. Was it worth the cost?

This isn’t about any one person’s opinion of current vs preferred lineup. That topic has been covered in other threads. Just looking for a little input so I can make a decision.
Thanks in advance

I went to the classic east which was my only eagles experience. I did not get into the band until after Glenn passed and I assumed I’d never see them preform live. But they did the classic concerts and I went. I would not know much about whether or not the tickets are worth the price but I personally loved the performance. On the Henley and other non Glenn songs they sound nearly identical when Glenn was in the band. Don might have some trouble but he is still largely great. Tim is just fine and Joe is Joe. Vince isn’t a perfect replacement but he is pretty good. Deacon isn’t top notch but he is younger and makes the songs more youthful and fun. I had an amazing time and left impressed at how well they could still do it. I plan on seeing them in Boston next year.

Delilah
12-16-2017, 02:23 AM
There’s an entire sub-forum called “Recent Concert Reviews” you might find helpful. A lot of it consists of reviews of videos taken by concert attendees but there is also input from fans who actually attended. It can be found here.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Hope this can provide some assistance in making your decision. :-) I myself bought tix to the Houston show and I’m looking forward to it. It will be the 1st and probably the last time I’ll ever see them.

tac0mao6
12-16-2017, 09:38 AM
:oops:
how did i miss that thread? thanks for the input/info and apologies for the dupe thread