PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta, GA 5-14-08

sodascouts
05-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Dana called me from the concert, but unfortunately I couldn't hear a word she said over the crowd and music! It might have been "wearing plaid" or "suits are back" or anything, really. Hopefully she calls back at intermission.

sodascouts
05-14-2008, 09:18 PM
OK, just heard from DF! It's Suits - and no songs dropped so far!

zermie
05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
If she doesn't call back, then call her !! We need info :!:

Mrs Frey
05-15-2008, 02:24 AM
OK, just heard from DF! It's Suits - and no songs dropped so far!

Woo hoo hoo - I just knew the suits were coming back! :D And I'm glad that no songs have been dropped, although I didn't think it would happen. Ooh, this is all so exciting! :blueblob:

sodascouts
05-15-2008, 02:29 AM
Some more details from DF:

Joe was late for the meet'n'greet, but once he came, they did get an autograph and a hug.

DF and her friend saw Glenn and Irving Azoff walking around backstage.

Their seats were eighth row behind the pit, which is about equivalent to 14th row.

The guys were in a great mood, sometimes whispering to each other and smiling.

Both Don and Tim had loosened their ties by the break.

Don changed "Long Run" to say "All the debutantes in Georgia."

Hopefully these tidbits will tide us over until DF can come on and tell us more. Thanks DF!

cmooreNC
05-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Just found this site this morning and silly me posted a "any reviews" beg over on the Concert Reviews board. Now I find this thread over here.

Set - list, set - list, set - list..... please? (groveling on my knees here!) :wink:

Brooke
05-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Great news so far!

Welcome, cmoore!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Hello cmoore from N.C. Welcome and glad you decided to join us here on The Border. Enjoy!

We don't have a complete set list from our "reporters" yet, but hopefully they can confirm this soon. Early indications were that there were no changes from the London set list, which was as follows:

Set One
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run

Intermission

Set Two
No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Take It to the Limit
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Walk Away
Witchy Woman
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

First Encore
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to Do Is Dance

Second Encore
Take It Easy
Desperado!

samo
05-15-2008, 11:21 AM
First of all I just want to say one word: AWESOME!!!!

Secondly, unfortunately I do not have a set list. We had a row of college girls behind us that were screaming (VERY, VERY LOUDLY) and drinking; spilling beer on us and all of those sitting around, so that was quite a distraction :(
But, after reviewing the London set list, it seemed to be pretty close. Maybe (?) a few changes in order, but the songs remained the same.

All of the guys looked wonderful and sounded just amazing. They guys seemed to be having a great time. The set and arrangements were great. The crowd was really into the concert. Many folks that were sitting around us (including myself) sang along to just about every song.

We went to the M&G and got to meet Joe and we did a group pic. DF--it was so nice to meet you. We also met 2 sisters from North Carolina. This was their first Eagles concert too, but had seen & met Joe previously at one of his concerts. Joe is just a great guy. He is so down to earth and natural. I can't wait until I get to meet him again. :D

I will say that I was not a big fan of the suits, but, OMG when you see them in person they look wonderful. The suit coats came off during the second half. All of the guys did their own greeting the crowd throughout the show. Again, we could not hear some of what they were saying due to the "party girls".

The venue is nice. I have never been to an amphitheatre before. They do have some kinks to work out, but since it has just opened that is to be expected. I am going back for the May 20th show so maybe things will be smoother then.

sodascouts
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Just found this site this morning and silly me posted a "any reviews" beg over on the Concert Reviews board. Now I find this thread over here.

Set - list, set - list, set - list..... please? (groveling on my knees here!) :wink:

Yeah, we usually don't move the threads over until all the reviews are in - I can see what that's confusing! Maybe we should move it earlier.

Welcome, Chris!

And samo - thanks for the review. I'm glad you had a great time and that as far as you know, no songs were dropped. Wonderful!

DonFan
05-15-2008, 04:08 PM
PART 1:

I am back and still on cloud nine--the show was THAT fantastic!
The guys were on fire, the venue was beautiful, and the crowd was definitely into it. The show could not have been any better!

From the beginning: Alpharetta is a beautiful upscale neighborhood outside Atlanta. Our hotel was less than 10 minutes from the venue, which was still so new that we saw areas where the sod had not been fully placed yet. Our parking pass directed us to Parking lot A, the closest to the entrance, and we were instructed to line up at Will Call at 5:45 to meet the rep from Joe's M&G. My friend Lynda and I met up with other posters, including Kelle and Karen, and we got to the venue right on time. We also met Samo and her husband inside--nice to meet you both! They were already handing out 4-Star tickets at the Will Call window so we picked up our tickets and joined a line of about 5 or 6 people waiting for the M&G. So we waited...and waited...and waited until finally they opened the gates for everyone to enter at 6:30. The workers were still getting instructions on how to scan everyone's tickets as the gate opened. :shock: No one seemed to know about the M&G, although we asked several representatives from the venue to find out about it, but finally a sweet blonde girl came for us, apologizing for the wait. Threre were about a dozen of us by this point, and we were taken to a private patio with refreshments--coke, fruit, cookies, etc--and were given another M&G pass, and then Joe walked in with his assistant.

Joe looked a little sleepy and disheveled--we wondered if they had just woken him up--with slicked back hair and a stubbly beard, but he smiled warmly and thanked us for being there. He went around to every table, shaking hands and speaking with each person in turn. He shook Lynda's hand and she was almost speechless, but when he shook my hand, I smiled and said, "Joe, could you please sign my Hotel California album?" He hesitated a moment, but I handed him my Sharpie and just kept on talking. I said, "I watched your daughter Lucy on Rock the Cradle and she was very good! I couldn't believe she got voted off--I thought she was the most talented one on the show!" and he grinned. As he was signing, he said, "She was good, wasn't she?" I told him I didn't know that she had been classically trained on the piano, and that I loved her music, and said,"You must be very proud of her." He said, "I am."

He moved on to the next table and everyone there followed my lead and brought out their CDs for him to sign. There was a woman there who was a schoolmate of Joe's so they talked for a few minutes and he hugged her, and his assistant took their picture together. I asked if we all got photos with him and she said No, the rest of us would be in the group photo only. When Joe let go of his friend, I asked him if anyone else could get a hug and he said "Sure!" and wrapped his arms around me for the biggest bear hug you could imagine. It was so great! :heart: Then they made us all line up for the group pic. He stood talking to us in a group for a few minutes, and someone asked him what was the hardest part about touring. He stood there thinking for the looooongest time, then finally said that touring makes them very tired sometimes, but he was glad that they had planned breaks in the tour so they could catch up on their rest. Then someone else asked if his fingers hurt from playing the guitar so much on tour, and he said yes, sometimes at the beginning, but then he gets used to it and they don't bother him any more. Then his assisant said he needed to go get ready for the show so he thanked us again for coming and he was gone.

They handed out lots of goodies after he left--a beige Eagles LROOE tee-shirt with the tour cities on the back, a black Eagles baseball cap, a silver metal JWFC guitar pick, and a beige rubber bracelet printed with "Eagles 2008." They told us to help ourselves to the refreshments, and as we were getting a bite to eat, I turned around and looked through the glass window to the private room right inside the venue. There was a big table of food and a group of people eating, and in walked Glenn Frey and Irving Azoff! Glenn started shaking hands with several of the people inside, and they both sat down and started talking to everyone. Scott and Will were sitting at a table at the end of that room, eating, and they waved to our group. I was literally five feet ( and a plate glass window) away from Glenn & Irving. THAT was a surprise. But unfortunately the M&G folks said, "Okay, time for you to go," and ushered us all outside at that point.

Part 2 will be ready soon!

Molly
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Dana! Way to think on your feet and ask for that hug!

Good grief! I can only imagine what that glass would have looked like if dreamer had been there with Glenn on the other side!

:smitten:

glenneaglesfan
05-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Wow, Df, it was certainly worth getting that Joe Walsh Club membership! A hug from Joe - priceless!

Can't wait for the rest of the review! :)

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2008, 06:13 PM
WOW! DF! Bet you're glad you brought that HC cover. And I'm delighted you got that hug. Believe me, if I had been only 5 feet from Glenn :heart: with just a pane of glass to stop me...............
Well it wouldn't have stopped me!!:hilarious:

No seriously though, I'm glad it all went so well. Cant wait for part 2!

And I hear the suits are back! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Freypower
05-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Fantastic, DF! Can't wait to hear the rest!

StephUK
05-15-2008, 06:59 PM
PART 1:

I am back and still on cloud nine--the show was THAT fantastic!

Scott and Will were sitting at a table at the end of that room, eating, and they waved to our group. I was literally five feet ( and a plate glass window) away from Glenn & Irving. THAT was a surprise. But unfortunately the M&G folks said, "Okay, time for you to go," and ushered us all outside at that point.

Hi,

Glad you had a great time at the show. I remember the feeling of being on Cloud 9 after the London show I was at.

I'm SO jealous of you getting a wave from Will Hollis. :jealous: Wish I'd been there!

Lucky you, meeting Joe. That must have been great.

LOL
Steph

DonFan
05-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Part 2:

At a few minutes after 8, the guys walked on stage looking extremely gorgeous in their black suits. Yay--I got my wish! :heart: Joe was now spiffed up and handsome in his black suit, too (what a difference 30 minutes makes)--although I must admit my eyes were glued to Don at this point. :smitten: The venue was supposed to hold 12,000 and I overheard the ushers saying there were almost 12,500 people there, and every one of them were on their feet cheering when the guys walked out--it went on forever! It was impossible to not feel the energy from this crowd. They waved and Glenn thanked everyone "for coming to the opening of this beautiful new amphitheatre," and then they started singing How Long and the cheers started again. They played the complete set list and even though I have memorized all the new songs, they are SO much better live! Glenn said his same line about "playing several new songs while we have your attention," and the crowd really seemed to enjoy the new songs. Busy Being Fabulous was, well---fabulous; Timmy sounded great for I Don't Want to Hear Anymore; and Joe rocked out to Guilty of the Crime. Of course, when they played the familiar opening notes of Hotel California, the place went crazy. Don was so cute when he did the intro to Long Run. He talked about how beautiful the new venue was, and how happy he was to be back in the South, and he bent over, grinned, and clenched his fists in joy. Then he sang, "all the debutantes in Georgia, baby," and we all screamed. :heart: As they were walking offstage for the break, Timmy jumped off the stage into the front row of the audience to see someone. Later we heard it was probably a child--they love to give guitar picks to children.

My favorite part of the entire concert was when they returned after the intermission, perched on stools, and sang NMWITW and Waiting in the Weeds. They sounded so breathtakingly beautiful that I almost forgot the breathe. I was so happy that most everyone in the amphitheater was quiet and listening, too. Biggest surprise? Long Road Out of Eden is fantastic live! Don's voice soaring over the theater, the images of soldiers on the screens behind him, the way Glenn and Don both step into spotlights to sing "Long Road out of Eden" together each time, and Joe's absolutely blistering guitar solo in the middle of the song--it was unbelievable! And then they shed the suit coats and looked equally great rocking out in shirt sleeves and loosened ties, and they went right into Somebody, which I have always loved. I just loved watching Don rock out on the guitar and share a microphone with Timmy--it was great! Every one of the guys were in fine voice, very energetic, talking, laughing, having a wonderful time.

I absolutely love the new screens. The images they have chosen for the songs are so clever! (The only drawback may be that they are so entertaining that sometimes you find yourself focusing on the screens instead of the guys! :wink: ) For In The City, they start out in space like on Google Earth, and they zoom in and in until you are in the street in front of a house. For Boys of Summer, they show all kinds of summer pictures, from lovers on the beach to baseball players. They show clips from old movies with people slapping each other--mostly women slapping men :wink: --during Heartache Tonight. The pictures they show behind Don as he sings Dirty Laundry are mostly People and Star and National Enquirer magazine covers, but at the end they made four funny mock-up covers with each of the guys doing something specific to them. The funniest images always seemed to be used to illustrate Joe's songs. Life's Been Good shows a montage of Joe pictures from videos, like Joe smashing in hotel walls, and goofy Joe pics from earlier albums. Veeeeeeery entertaining!

At the very end, Don put his suit coat back on and sang Desperado, and we all clapped and screamed until we were hoarse. Timmy threw a bunch of guitar picks into the audience, and Don took two sets of drum sticks and handed them to lucky people in the front row!! Glenn and Don were both blowing kisses to the crowd, and they all walked off, smiling and slapping each other on the back. Everyone looked like they were having a terrific time.

This was definitely the BEST Eagles concert I have ever seen!

I took some pretty good pictures--I will see if I can post them later!

Freypower
05-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Magnificent review, DF. And I'm so happy that you got to see Don in a suit.

cmooreNC
05-15-2008, 09:43 PM
One night, one day, another night.... a bit of a long drive and then I am SO there, baby!

I found the complete setlist on some other fan site.

Looks like I'll have to miss my personal favorite "Sunset Grill" but hopefully I'll have the chance to catch that again on a Henley solo tour someday.

And they are indeed playing WITW.... how awesome!

Thanks for the reviews and welcomes, folks. Good to be among friends.

05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow - thanks Samo and DonFan for the awesome reviews. It sounds like it was a great show, and what a fun time at the Meet'n'Greet with Joe. He sounds so sweet and, of course, so cool! I sure wish he was doing an M'n'G in Charlottesville next week.

Good grief! I can only imagine what that glass would have looked like if dreamer had been there with Glenn on the other side!

How about shattered!!!!

But, now really - I don't know what to say about this. Molly, you know how well behaved I am around Glenn. He has never even had to ask Security to have me removed yet. :D :twisted:

Mrs Frey
05-16-2008, 02:51 AM
LOL, Dreamer - you are so funny! :lol:

DF and Samo: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WONDERFUL REVIEWS! I enjoyed reading them so much. All my memories of the 20 March London concert came flooding back - I was almost holding my breath while reading!

And OH! Joe is so amazing! To get a bear hug from him... :heart: I am SO jealous! :wink: Good on you for asking him for one, DF! :D And to have Glenn :heart: on the other side of a glass window from you... :shock: good grief. If I were in that position my heart would have ACHED. And I MEAN ACHED.

DF, it's funny that you mention the entertainment value of the film on the big screens sometimes distracting you from the guys themselves. I must admit that it wasn't a problem for me. I barely noticed the big screens! I couldn't take my eyes off the guys, particularly Glenn :heart:! :blush:

I can't wait to see your photos!!! :nod:

Molly
05-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Wow - thanks Samo and DonFan for the awesome reviews. It sounds like it was a great show, and what a fun time at the Meet'n'Greet with Joe. He sounds so sweet and, of course, so cool! I sure wish he was doing an M'n'G in Charlottesville next week.

How about shattered!!!!

But, now really - I don't know what to say about this. Molly, you know how well behaved I am around Glenn. He has never even had to ask Security to have me removed yet. :D :twisted:

Yet... :wink:

samo
05-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Like the rest of you, I think the big screens are nice, especially if you are sitting farther back; but I mostly kept my eyes on Joe and Glenn. I just love to see Joe's guitar work. :D

Brooke
05-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I've fallen a bit behind here! What great reviews from you, samo and DF! I'm so happy that you both had such a wonderful time! Somehow, I knew the guys wouldn't let you down!

DF, congrats on getting that bear hug from Joe and the autograph! Sometimes you just have to be gutsy and ask for what you want! 8)

I'm also glad you got to see The Suits! I'm sure they were all very handsome! And I can't wait to see and hear the new songs live! :jealous:

I sure do wish they would schedule a show near me! :(

DonFan
05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
DF, congrats on getting that bear hug from Joe and the autograph! Sometimes you just have to be gutsy and ask for what you want! 8)

Well, chances to get that close to the guys are few & far between, so I knew I had to go for it. My photographer daughter was disappointed that I didn't get an individual picture with Joe to frame beside my pic with Don. I almost asked for that too, but I chickened out at the last minute. :sigh: I think his assistant would've killed me!

I will say that my Hotel California album cover with Joe's autograph looks great framed on my wall, however! :D

glenneaglesfan
05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
I bet it does, DF!

Thanks again to you and samo for your wonderful reviews. I'm glad you two got to meet. Seeing Glenn that close must have been amazing.

Dreamer and molly, you two better behave next week!

Cmoore, welcome to the Border!

05-16-2008, 10:20 PM

How about shattered!!!!

Yet... :wink:

Okay, you got me. I will have to concede that. :D :twisted:

And GEF - I'm sure we'll be on our best behavior in Charlottesville. :shh: :lie:

sodascouts
05-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Glad you had such a great time - thanks for the reviews!

DonFan
05-16-2008, 11:18 PM
And I'm off again tomorrow for concert number two!!

05-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Have another great time, DF. Of course, we can't wait to hear all about it!!

sodascouts
05-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Another VERY detailed review can be found at this link:

http://www.byron-harvey.com/2008/05/15/live-blogging-the-eagles/

And a shorter review with some fan comments here:

NorthFulton.com (http://www.northfulton.com/Articles-i-2008-05-01-171945.112113_Eagles_hit_stage_for_first_night_at_ Verizon_Wireless_Amphitheatre.html)

DonFan
05-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Loved reading the reviews--thanks for finding them for us, Soda. The "middle-aged lady with an Eagles tat on her back" that is mentioned in the first long review is my friend Kelle. At the M&G she got Joe to sign "Joe Walsh" on her back beneath her tattoo, and it garnered a LOT of attention all night. "Is that really Joe Walsh's signature on your back? How did you get that?" etc.

And the comment from the older ladies in the second review--"It is just good old-folks music"--Excuse me? :roll: No way! :wink:

I'm off to my second show in a couple of hours. The friends I am taking with me this time are Eagles "newbies"--this is their first Eagles concert, although they have listened to me go on and on about the Eagles for years--boy, are they in for a fantastic experience! When I get back Sunday afternoon, I will post another review from the lawn seats.

Marla
05-17-2008, 04:58 PM
What a great time, Dana. I'm so excited to hear the guys look & sound fantastic. I'm wondering why in the world I didn't decide to go to Hotlanta?? I'd have loved seeing you & Kelle & meeting Lynda & the others, much less seeing the best band in the WORLD! (kicking self repeatedly) :evil:

I'm so happy that the weather stayed good. We had huge thunderstorms with heavy wind, hail & lots of flooding & property damage here on Wednesday.

Glad you had fun & can't wait to hear more reviews. I know Lynda had fun, too. I read her reviews elsewhere. I WILL see the Eagles again this tour somewhere! :D

Have fun!

Margie

DonFan
05-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Margie!

It is a sleepy Sunday morning here in the hotel as I am waking up from my second concert. The guys were wonderful last night too!

The Saturday crowd was a little different--more younger fans, more partying--but the guys delivered another fantastic show. Glenn welcomed us by saying he had been a little "under the weather" but that he was better now and "on top of the weather." His voice cracked a little when he began singing, and he grinned sheepishly and kept on, and the rest of the night he sounded fine. Timmy's voice seemed a little hoarse too at the beginning, but they all hit their stride soon. Timmy thanked the Atlanta crowd sincerely and said "Atlanta audiences are the best," to everyone's delight.

It was kinda chilly here last night--by 11 p.m. it was about 55 degrees--so they wore their suit coats all night. Even in the lawn seats, we had a good view with the two TV screens and their backup screens, which are even more fun to watch from further back. I reeeeeally missed being closer, however. My friends were blown away by the concert and all of them vowed to go out and buy more Eagles music immediately.

Joe improvised a lot on his guitar solos and cut up a lot as usual. Don looked and sounded wonderful, and when he gave his little talk before The Long Run, he gave a little plug for the new album. He asked how many of us had the new album, then said "If you don't want to go to Walmart for it, you can go online at eaglesband.com to buy it." Glenn pushed the new album at one point too. Glenn also did his little funny voice when he was introducing the band, just like he did Wed night--he introduced everyone else in regular voice, then made his voice very high and squeaky when he introduced himself. Very cute.

Lots of waves to the crowd at the end, and Don bent over talking to a group of girls on the front row and walked back to his drum kit, got a pair of drumsticks and handed them to one girl. :jealous: (Maybe one day...) All in all, a fabulous show as always!

Now, it's on to Myrtle Beach in two weeks!

Molly
05-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Dana, thanks for your reviews! Reading them really has me excited for Charlottesville!

Glennsallnighter
05-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks from me too Dana. I'm glad that Glenn :heart: has recovered if he wasn't feeling great. I just HOPE I'll get to see him again soon (I know I keep saying this!) I'm glad you'd such a good night!

Freypower
05-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the review DF. This is new for Glenn to introduce his (main) colleagues. I assume he leaves himself until last.

Share1967
05-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Great reviews. :D

DonFan
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Yep, he introduces Don next to last--"The pride of Linden, Texas!" and himself last.

sodascouts
05-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the review - glad Glenn's feeling better. Can't wait 'til Myrtle Beach!!!

Mrs Frey
05-19-2008, 03:24 AM
WONDERFUL, DF! :D :D :D It's true what FP says - he didn't introduce the other Eagles in London, or even himself for that matter (as he did in F1). I would have loved to have heard his squeaky voice! :lol: I'm glad his voice survived the little hiccup at the beginning and that he's feeling better too. All that singing can take its toll - believe me, I know what I'm talking about! I'm glad that Timmy also got to peak form after the shaky start.

DonFan
05-19-2008, 08:11 AM
I thought of a couple more things about the last two concerts:
One, even though Glenn does a fine job with it, the purist in me loves the original Take it to the Limit by Randy. However, I was amazed at the response it got live in concert. It had one of the loudest sing-alongs of the night. Everybody loves this song.

Two: During Dirty Laundry Saturday night, the guys lined up with their guitars and jumped together again. I loved that.

Mrs Frey
05-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Two: During Dirty Laundry Saturday night, the guys lined up with their guitars and jumped together again. I loved that.

Oh, how I wish they had done that in London! That is a favourite moment of mine from F1. I wish I could jump and play the guitar at the same time! How do they DO it? :shock: :bow:

sodascouts
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
A girl gives a video blog review of the Friday Atlanta show on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFhpI9nArs

She kind of rambles a bit, but says that when she saw them in 2003 they "looked like hobos" and that they were a lot better this time. LOL!

Warning: insults of "middle-aged" people towards the end!

DonFan
05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Wow. That was, like, a totally AWESOME blog about the Eagles concert. :wink:

samo
05-21-2008, 01:37 PM
The show last night, May 20th was as great as the one last Wednesday; except for the weather. When we got off the shuttle bus at the venue the tornado sirens were going off and as we we checking in at the ticket line it started hailing (the size of golf balls!!) We took shelter in the bathrooms which were constructed of cinderblocks so we knew they were sturdy. It was crazy! Both men and women were in the same bathrooms together and I don't think anyone minded. Folks were on their cellphones getting reports of tornados hitting houses of people they knew. I will admit, it was a scary situation.

The start of the concert, of course, was delayed about 30 minutes. Glenn said "The gods are angry 'cause this is our last night in Atlanta". Both Glenn and Joe sounded a little hoarse, but in time they got into great form. The crowd was really into it and had a great time. Timothy was awsome. His voice just wants to make you melt. Don did a little more talking than last week and all of them seemed to be having a great time.

Seeing them twice in a week will get you spoiled. Can't wait till I can see them again! :P

DonFan
05-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Samo, I am sorry you had such awful weather, especially after the gorgeous weather we had on Saturday night! Anyway, I'm glad the storm finally stopped and you got to enjoy the show.

samo
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
After seeing pictures of other areas of Atlanta, it could have been worse. At least we did not get the damage that some places got.

One sad note though....here at home our friends house got struck by lightning and caught on fire. :cry: Thankfully the fire department was able to save part of it.

DonFan
05-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's house! I hope everyone was safe and they could save most of their belongings.

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2008, 04:56 PM
So am I Samo! I hope anyone who was affected by these tornados have not been injured and that their homes are safe as well. We rarely experience that sort of weather over here.

Brooke
05-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Wow, Samo! I'm so glad you got to go and that everything turned out ok for the concert. Very sorry about your friends house though.

That blog was pretty funny, Soda! Those "oldie" comments were too funny! :wink:

Mrs Frey
05-22-2008, 02:22 AM
The show last night, May 20th was as great as the one last Wednesday; except for the weather. When we got off the shuttle bus at the venue the tornado sirens were going off and as we we checking in at the ticket line it started hailing (the size of golf balls!!) We took shelter in the bathrooms which were constructed of cinderblocks so we knew they were sturdy. It was crazy! Both men and women were in the same bathrooms together and I don't think anyone minded. Folks were on their cellphones getting reports of tornados hitting houses of people they knew. I will admit, it was a scary situation.

The start of the concert, of course, was delayed about 30 minutes. Glenn said "The gods are angry 'cause this is our last night in Atlanta". Both Glenn and Joe sounded a little hoarse, but in time they got into great form. The crowd was really into it and had a great time. Timothy was awsome. His voice just wants to make you melt. Don did a little more talking than last week and all of them seemed to be having a great time.

Seeing them twice in a week will get you spoiled. Can't wait till I can see them again! :P

I'm glad you had a great time once again, Samo - I'm just sorry the weather was so scary. And I thought the wind and rain we got in London before and after the concert was bad - I shouldn't be so ungrateful! :shock:

I'm very sorry about your friend's house - I can't imagine how devastating that was for them. :(

TimothyBFan
05-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Timothy was awsome. His voice just wants to make you melt. :P

Isn't he tho--you got that right!!!!!!!!