PDA

View Full Version : Actual Miles Survivor - Get Ready!

sodascouts
01-25-2008, 01:16 PM
After I get back from Pebble Beach, we're going to do a song survivor for Actual Miles. All you folks who are not versed in all the songs need to familiarize yourself! I suggest you buy the CD as soon as possible! ;)

Here are the songs on it:

Dirty Laundry

The Boys of Summer

All She Wants to Do Is Dance

Not Enough Love in the World

Sunset Grill

The End of the Innocence

The Last Worthless Evening

New York Minute

I Will Not Go Quietly

The Heart of the Matter

The Garden of Allah

You Don't Know Me at All

Everybody Knows

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/actualmiles/index.htm

Now, we're also going to try something new in this song Survivor - immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask a Henley-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

This is designed to mimic the show, but also to spice things up a bit. ;) Should be fun!

Brooke
01-25-2008, 02:10 PM
:yay: This is gonna be very interesting!

I love this cd. :D

EasyFeeling
01-26-2008, 06:25 AM
Ok, I can do that. I have most of the songs but The Garden Of Allah, You Don't Know Me At All and Everybody Knows. Can anyone help me out with these?

katherine5832
01-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Ok, I can do that. I have most of the songs but The Garden Of Allah, You Don't Know Me At All and Everybody Knows. Can anyone help me out with these?

Someone else might have a better tip for you on where to find these songs, but a live version of Everybody Knows is on Don Henley Online:
http://www.donhenleyonline.com/downloads/multimedialiveaudio.htm

You can find Garden of Allah on Youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UncN3fAY-YE (The original video for the song - but the sound and picture quality are very poor. But check out Kirk Douglas as Satan! :twisted: )
and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teA8EzmWav4 (audio is much better here, but the video is a homemade one that could be offensive to George Bush fans - or members of the Illuminati! :wink: )

I couldn't find anything for You Don't Know Me At All

EasyFeeling
01-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks Katherine. :D Actually I found Everybody Knows when I browsed through my collection. I might vote You Don't Know Me At All off at first because I've never heard it. :wink:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks Katherine. :D Actually I found Everybody Knows when I browsed through my collection. I might vote You Don't Know Me At All off at first because I've never heard it. :wink:

No! No! No! EF - You can't do that. It is one of Don's hottest songs. We'll have to see if we can do something for you. :wink: :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Hehehe... I knew someone would help me out. :twisted: :wink:

sodascouts
01-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm not gonna let that awesome video of You Don't Know Me at All disappear into oblivion.

Download as .mpg (23 megs) (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/live/ydkmaa95.mpg)

Download as .wmv (10 megs) (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/live/ydkmaa95.wmv)

Freypower
01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
I would appreciate it if someone could send me an mp3 of You Don't Know Me At All. I've never heard it either. :blush:

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm going to see if I can download the album from www.legalsounds.com
A friend put me onto it 2 years ago and its quite good. Best thing is that tracks only cost 9cent, so even a fairly big album costs less than $2. You can also download individual tracks.

katherine5832
01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm not gonna let that awesome video of You Don't Know Me at All disappear into oblivion.

Download as .mpg (23 megs) (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/live/ydkmaa95.mpg)

Download as .wmv (10 megs) (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/live/ydkmaa95.wmv)

Thanks for resurrecting that Soda! I was hoping you'd be able to get that posted. I just love that jacket that he's wearing there. He must've liked it too because I'm pretty sure it's the same one he wore in one of the interviews on the California Nights DVD. And, I think he wore it on Politically Incorrect. Yum!

sodascouts
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I would appreciate it if someone could send me an mp3 of You Don't Know Me At All. I've never heard it either. :blush:

You might be able to find it for legal download somewhere, but if not, hopefully you can see if you like it by listening to the live version I've posted. Sending officially released MP3s to people is not kosher and I don't want to promote it on the board.

Brooke
01-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Fp, I'm shocked you haven't heard YDKMAA! It's a rocker and I love it. Whenever hubby is in the car with me and we play Actual Miles, he always cranks it up loud on this song!

Thanks for posting that video, Soda! I hadn't seen it and Don looks great! :heart:

EasyFeeling
01-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Downloading the video... thanks for posting that, Soda. Meanwhile I also have the song, took me 5 minutes to find. :wink: I like the song BTW.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Wow - thanks for that download, Soda. Geez - that is HOT - such attitude. I love this song!!! :pimp:

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Legal sounds don't have it but I've ordered it and it should be online in a few days.

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't have any of Don's solo albums (YET), :( but I'm familiar with 8 of the 13 songs. I seem to recall that this is a "greatest hits" collection.

I'll try and follow up on the links some of you have so kindly provided so that I can familiarise myself with the songs I don't know.

glenneaglesfan
01-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm looking forward to this. There are some great songs on the album, and I think we'll have some interesting discussions.

Freypower
01-29-2008, 06:19 PM
I heard You Don't Know Me At All. It's an excellent track.

I suppose this will sound pretentious but I liked the nod to Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D Minor in the organ part at the end.

katherine5832
01-29-2008, 10:13 PM
I heard You Don't Know Me At All. It's an excellent track.

I suppose this will sound pretentious but I liked the nod to Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D Minor in the organ part at the end.

Doesn't sound pretentious at all to me, FP. I should probably post this in the LROOE forum, but since you brought up this "nod", I'll mention the nod to Santana's Oye Como Va at the end of Last Good Time in Town. The first couple of times I listened to the song, I was driving myself crazy trying to recall where I had heard those final drumbeats before. It finally dawned on me - Santana! I wonder if they have to pay royalties for "borrowing" a couple of notes like that?

Freypower
01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
That's interesting. Here we were all saying the song sounds like Steely Dan. Now you mention it I can definitely hear a similarity with Oye Como Va.

katherine5832
01-29-2008, 11:18 PM
That's interesting. Here we were all saying the song sounds like Steely Dan. Now you mention it I can definitely hear a similarity with Oye Como Va.

Yeah, I noticed on another site that it's compared to some of Steely Dan's stuff by a number of people. That just makes me cringe, because I absolutely hate Steely Dan. I don't know why, but their music makes my skin crawl. I like Santana, so I'll just keep thinking happy Santana thoughts while I listen to LGTIT! :D