PDA

View Full Version : Joe being goofy

tbs fanatic
01-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Catch the video of Joe being goofy on tmz.com. He's leaving a restaurant with Ringo Starr and various other people. It's very Joe and very funny.

sodascouts
01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up! Gotta love Joe.

JoeFan
01-29-2008, 03:27 AM
Interesting, seems Joe and Ringo are still close after all these years.

tbs fanatic
01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Is that Joe's wife pulling him away after he says his piece to the cameras?

sodascouts
01-29-2008, 06:33 PM
That's Marjorie Bach, Ringo Starr's sister-in-law. According to a recent gossip article (http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/11/26/2007-11-26_side_dish_tara_reid_gets_scrubbed.html), the two are an item. If that's to be believed, then I guess Joe's marriage is really kaput... and hers too.

tbs fanatic
01-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh :? That's a shame about the marriage (if that's true).

Maleah
01-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Joe makes me laugh....what a goofball. lol It almost seemed as if the woman was a little embarassed by his behavior.

Obviously we all want Joe to be happy, but it makes me very sad to hear that his marriage must be truly over. :( Does anyone know how long were they together?

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 03:49 AM
I'm not sure exactly how long he and his third wife Denise were married, but his eldest son with her was born in 1996 according to a Rolling Stone article from a couple years back. Obviously, they'd been together for over a decade. It saddens me to hear about it, too.

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 05:23 AM
I haven't had a chance to see the video yet, but thanks for the information, TBSF. I still have a lot to learn about Joe, so I was pleasantly surprised to read here about his and Ringo Starr's friendship, since I am a Ringo fan (through my 18-year-long Beatles fanaticism).

I'm sorry to read that Joe's marriage is on the rocks, if the gossip article is to be believed. I hope that they will be able to work things out.

Freypower
01-30-2008, 06:55 PM
MF, surely you know that both Joe and Tim had stints with Ringo's All Starr band during the 14 year vacation?

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
MF, surely you know that both Joe and Tim had stints with Ringo's All Starr band during the 14 year vacation?

I for one didn't know about it for a long time. It's not really common knowledge outside of Joe/Tim hardcore fandom.

Mrs Frey
01-31-2008, 01:59 AM

Well actually no, I didn't know about it as I've seen only one concert of Ringo and his All Starr band a very long time ago (sometime in the early '90s on TV), and since I knew nothing about the Eagles at the time, I would not have recognised either Tim or Joe if they had been part of the band in that particular concert. I went into our sister Tim website recently and saw that one of the recordings featured on the website included Ringo, so I had an idea, but I didn't know about Joe.

As I mentioned before, focus on older musicians from the '50s, '60s and '70s is minimal locally, which would explain why it took so many years before I became a hardcore Eagles fan.

It's all rather frustrating for me to have to always dig and search for the music I want to hear, and to find out more about the stars I love so much. With Elvis and the Beatles it wasn't as difficult, as both got a lot of exposure in my childhood and into my teens, but Eagles exposure (except for the odd play of their songs on the radio) was (and still is) almost non existent. The ironic thing is that LROOE is selling well here despite the low profile of the band, and I've met quite a few Eagles fans since I became fanatical.

tbs fanatic
01-31-2008, 10:34 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think you'll find quite a few people here who fall into the 'fanatical' category MF :D

Ive always been a dreamer
01-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Joe is SO cool. It is sad about his marriage, especially for his young children. But, whatever happens, of course, we wish him to be happy.

And MF - don't worry, I didn't know about Joe and Tim's association with Ringo either for a long time. One of the reasons I come here is to learn stuff about the guys that I don't already know from other fans. :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Well, Dreamer, I don't think there's much you don't know after having been a fan for 31 years! :D I certainly learn from longtime fans like you, as well as the not-so longtime fans, who have done their Eagles homework very well! :wink:

Apart from the two Eagles books I've read, I've obtained most of my knowledge from this website.

sodascouts
07-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Joe has more fun with the paparazzi!

Joe leaves Madeo (Italian restaurant) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PG7YZFTgkg)

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Joe has more fun with the paparazzi!

Joe leaves Madeo (Italian restaurant) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PG7YZFTgkg)

Omg, I love Joe! :lol:

The Bomber
07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Ha! You have my vote, Joe!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
He's so cool. I think he's got my vote, too. :wink:

BTW - Welcome back Bomber. Good to hear from you again.

DonFan
07-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Joe is the greatest! He definitely has my vote.

tbs fanatic
07-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Did he say Ozzy and me? Does he mean Ozzy Osbourne? Ha! Now that would be a couple worth voting for.

rcknalwys
07-11-2008, 07:28 PM
They've got my vote! Can you imagine Sharon Osborne as the 1st Lady?

JoeFan
07-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Thanks for posting, I love that Joe is so playful.

TimothyBFan
07-12-2008, 03:56 PM
They would have my vote for sure! OK, I'm going to ask something stupid, but I truly don't know-was the woman with him his exwife or his current girlfriend? Either way, it looks as if she needs to get a sense of humor-especially when you are with someone like Joe Walsh. I'll give her the benefit of a doubt that maybe she just gets tired of him getting stopped and bothered.

Mrs Henley
07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
They would have my vote for sure! OK, I'm going to ask something stupid, but I truly don't know-was the woman with him his exwife or his current girlfriend? Either way, it looks as if she needs to get a sense of humor-especially when you are with someone like Joe Walsh. I'll give her the benefit of a doubt that maybe she just gets tired of him getting stopped and bothered.

I thought that's his current girlfriend Marjorie ;).

DonFan
07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
That was Joe's girlfriend Marjorie. Did you notice Irving was with them too?

I was looking at some older pictures of Joe and now I have a question. What is his natural hair color? Was it brown or dark blonde? I really like his hair very blonde, like it is now.

Mrs Henley
07-13-2008, 06:04 AM
That was Joe's girlfriend Marjorie. Did you notice Irving was with them too?

I was looking at some older pictures of Joe and now I have a question. What is his natural hair color? Was it brown or dark blonde? I really like his hair very blonde, like it is now.

No I didn't notice that, will see the vid again! thank you.

It was brown or it was dark blonde that it looks almost brown.
Yes, his hair is now very nice!

EDIT: Yeh I notice Irving!

JoeFan
07-17-2008, 06:54 AM

I believe his natural colour is dark blond.

sodascouts
08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I figured I'd stick it here.

ABS/CBN News Online (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=129489) has Joe Walsh and Marjorie Bach being engaged!

To quote:

"Aside from Monique Lhuillier, another Filipino is slowly but surely making a name in Hollywood. He's none other than Oliver Tolentino who recently designed an outfit for Marjorie Bach (who also holds a royal title in the UK) who wore it to a tribute to Sir George Martin, the famed producer of the Beatles.[...]
The dress was worn to a $2,500-a-person Grammy charity fund-raising tribute under tents on the University of Southern California in L.A. on July 12.
According to a Funfare reporter, Bach attended with her fiancé, musician Joe Walsh of the legendary Eagles rock group. The power duo sat at the head table with rock royalty."

Now, since she has been called his wife in other publications, this probably isn't accurate. But who knows!

ticky
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *knife in the heart*

ticky
08-28-2008, 03:16 PM
by the way Soda, I like your choice of forums for putting this info *grin*

Brooke
08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Interesting! She must make him happy at least! She's very attractive.

Prettymaid
08-29-2008, 09:21 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *knife in the heart*

He just got tired of waiting for you, ticky!:wink:

ticky
08-29-2008, 09:55 AM
He just got tired of waiting for you, ticky!:wink:

*grin* he could have had me any time...

tbs fanatic
08-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh ticky:-( I'm sure they've got that wrong so you are still in with a chance:thumbsup:

ticky
08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
heheh thanks tbs *grin* Im keeping hope alive.

I'll say just this.. She's a designer dress, red carpet, big time producer type girl (life in the fast lane) and he's a dirty t-shirt, gum chewing, ham radio kind of guy (see "Last Good Time") I hope whatever happens, Joe is happy.

JoeFan
08-31-2008, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't think Joe would be terribly eager to marry a fourth time after only knowing the woman a few months, but who can tell?

Prettymaid
08-31-2008, 07:40 PM
She sure does look like her sister ( same cheekbones).

DonFan
09-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Is she really his fiance? They have been practically inseperable for quite awhile now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting married.

Mrs Henley
09-02-2008, 05:37 AM
I'm hoping they both will be happy :)

tbs fanatic
09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
You wouldn't think he would bother with actually going through the ritual of getting married again would you :?. I wouldn't bother a second time never mind a fourth :nope::grin:

ticky
09-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I guess it's hard and kind of scarey finding yourself alone at a certian age. If you can find someone who makes you happy and you can see yourself growing old with, why wait? I hope Marjorie is the one for Joe. I just cant see her being ready to settle down. Joe and our boys are all facing their 6th decade and I know they dont have any plans to slow down, but touring and working as hard as they do has to be hard. I dont think I could do it and Im 45!
Marjoie is an Executive Producer and was married in 2002 to royalty in Portugal. I dont know what happened to that marriage but I have seen the wedding photos. She is beautiful and Im sure a charming person. Im just a fan and I care about Joe. All I can say is I wish them both the very best.

sodascouts
09-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I wish Joe happiness, too - but I doubt this is correct. I remember one news outlet showed a photo of Joe with Ms. Bach at an awards show and captioned it "Joe Walsh with wife Denise." Um, not so much. So basically, unless we get corroboration, I'm assuming it's false.

sodascouts
09-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Joe on Labor Day!

http://malibutalk.com/2008/09/03/labor-day-party-2008/

ticky
09-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Thats great Soda, Thanks!
Joe looks like he's worried about Scotty *G*

TimothyBFan
09-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks for that. I also love Elliott Easton from The Cars and Matt Sorum of The Cult, Guns N Roses & Velvet Revolver fame.

tbs fanatic
09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Who is Scotty?

sodascouts
10-20-2008, 11:46 AM
TBS Fanatic - just noticed your question was never answered - the reason being that I don't know the answer! lol

Anyway, I found this story about Joe online. It's from 1990ish when he was touring with Ringo's All-Starr Band. He's being goofy, alright, although I didn't like his joke in the end too much! Why was always making fun of Stevie at that time??? This time period was, according to her, the lowpoint of her life - but she's never had a bad word to say about him, EVER. :sigh:

Anyway, here's the story, written by Ian McNabb:

JOE WALSH OF THE EAGLES:

IAN has at this point befriended Zak Starkey, Ringo’s son, and has been asked by his new pal to entertain Joe Walsh of The Eagles while he was in Liverpool. Short of anything to do, the pair head back to Ian’s house in Fairfield.

Joe Walsh can’t raise anyone on a payphone to find out which hotel he may or may not be booked into.

Sunday, right? I end up driving him to half a dozen hotels before he decides which one he’ll be happy in. He settles for the Crest, which is conveniently located around the corner from tomorrow’s gig. We head back to mine to chill out. I give him a warm glass of Liebfraumilch.

I put the telly on. Stuart Hall is hosting Quiz Night as predicted. Gawd. I’ve got all my guitars out and Joe is showing me how to play Eagles songs. He shows me how to play The Bomber by the James Gang.

He insists I leave Quiz Night on and keeps shouting - clearly wrong - answers out. I’ve got an electric fake fire in the living room. There is an orange bulb in it which, when hot, causes a piece of metal to rotate above it and give the appearance of flickering embers.

When I come back from the toilet, Joe is on his hands and knees in the middle of the room studying it. He does this for about two minutes.
“Oh! Hey! I got it now!”

I get Joe a cab back to his hotel and promise to meet up with him the next day.

Next day I turn up at the Empire just after soundcheck. It’s great to see Zak again. Joe introduces me to Todd Rundgren, Nils Lofgren and Dave Edmunds.

I’m in my element. I worship these guys. They want to go to a bar, a good way away from the gig.

I take them to the Philharmonic pub on Hope Street, a beautiful old boozer with huge chandeliers hanging in every room. Joe looks up and surveys the two above him as he’s waiting for his drink.

“Hey! Look at that! Stevie Nicks’ earrings!”

from the Liverpool Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/capital-of-culture/capital-of-culture-liverpool-news/2008/10/20/ian-mcnabb-i-ll-never-forget-dancing-with-ricky-tomlinson-and-russian-ballerinas-wearing-high-heeled-beatle-boots-100252-22072388/)