PDA

View Full Version : So who's NOT watching the Super Bowl?

katherine5832
02-03-2008, 07:25 PM
:bye:

I hate football, hate the Super Bowl, hate the hype...the only thing that would've induced me to watch tonight would've been - of course - if our boys had played the halftime show. Oh well, maybe I'll watch HFO or FT1 instead.

Freypower
02-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I just tried to watch the game for half an hour. The Patriots are leading 7-3. Unfortunately I find it difficult to watch a game where the 'plays' are so short and the action is so 'stop-start'. When I was younger I was more enthusiastic and I watched the team that I support, the San Francisco 49ers, in a couple of their Super Bowl victories. Then I discoverd 'real' football (soccer) which is 90 minutes of continuous action (yes, even if the score is 0-0 at the end). I am also more used to Rugby League. I suppose as an Australian I just don't 'get' American football.

katherine5832
02-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I suppose as an Australian I just don't 'get' American football.

Funny...I'm American and I don't get it either! :D I'm not a fan of soccer either - sorry. Give me hockey over either of them any day.

Maleah
02-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE football..........so I was watching the game of course ;)

Ive always been a dreamer
02-04-2008, 12:57 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE football..........too. And I was elated that the New York Giants pulled off a tremendous upset and beat the highly favored New England Patriots 17 - 14, thereby preserving my beloved 1972 Miami Dolphins accomplishment of being the only team in NFL history to complete a perfect undefeated season.

Molly
02-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah!!! I'm happy for your Dolphins, dreamer! I noticed not only is Dan Marino going to be a Pebble, but so is Bob Griese (quarterback for the Dolphins during their perfect 1972 season). Glenn and 2 Dolphin quarterbacks in the same place-Dreamer is going to need to be sedated!

It was a great defensive game, and baby brother Eli Manning stepped up when he needed to. How awesome for the Manning brothers, back to back winning Superbowl quarterbacks and MVP's!

Poor Tom Brady. I guess his supermodel girlfriend, Giselle, will have to start referring to him as "Mr. Almost Perfect".

Brooke
02-04-2008, 11:26 AM
We were watching, too, and were sooooooo happy for the Giants and Eli! Way to go guys! :yay:

tbs fanatic
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I watched about the last 5 minutes of the game - seems like I caught the best 5 minutes of the game. Although I'm not a football fan I was thrilled for the NYG - it was an exciting ending.