PDA

View Full Version : Bernie’s sister Mary - RIP

Delilah
02-27-2018, 02:43 PM
I didn’t learn this until recently but Bernie’s sister Mary Leadon passed away last year in May. The obit says “The third eldest of ten children and a loving aunt and cousin, Mary delighted in her extended family, and was instrumental in raising her many younger siblings.” Was Bernie a younger brother? It must have been a tough time for the family to lose the first sibling.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/gainesville/obituary.aspx?n=mary-teresa-leadon&pid=185662522&referrer=0&preview=false

shunlvswx
02-27-2018, 02:46 PM
I think Bernie was either the first born or the second since she's the third born and Bernie is older than her. I think I remembered reading somewhere (I can't remembered where) that he was the oldest of the 10 children.

I wonder how old Tom is?

That's sad that Bernie lost his sister.

ETA: I looked online to find out how old Tom is and he was born in 1952. So he was born right after her depending on when her birthday is.

Delilah
02-27-2018, 03:07 PM
That’s right, I forgot Bernie turned 70 last year.

I wonder if this had anything to do with him not being part of the concerts last year. Probably not.

buffyfan145
02-27-2018, 04:37 PM
That's so sad to hear.

New Kid In Town
02-28-2018, 10:38 AM
Bernie is the eldest of his 10 siblings. Felder talked about their house having a new baby all the time-lol. According to things I've read, they were a very musical family. His parents were in the church choir and his Mom was a piano teacher. So sorry to hear of her passing.

sodascouts
02-28-2018, 11:25 PM
So sorry to hear it.