PDA

View Full Version : An Evening With the Eagles @ United Center - 3/14/18

shunlvswx
03-14-2018, 09:49 PM
I'm putting a thread up for this concert since I think one of our members is there tonight.

JD and the Straight Shot are opening for the guys. :roll: Oh boy!!! Its time for bathroom and drink break. Better yet. Come almost close to 9:00. LOL

shunlvswx
03-14-2018, 10:19 PM
Saw a picture and heard on Facebook. Timothy is sitting down in a chair and has his foot up. I wonder what happened to Timothy between Monday's show and tonight.

shunlvswx
03-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Deacon wearing a jersey. Looks like a hockey team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgU0tL9n8ze/?tagged=theeagles

Poor Timothy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgU0UHIHEfx/?tagged=theeagles

FannyBeTender
03-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Deacon wearing a hoodie/jersey. Looks like a hockey team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgU0tL9n8ze/?tagged=theeagles

Poor Timothy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgU0UHIHEfx/?tagged=theeagles

Hope he's okay. :sad:

buffyfan145
03-14-2018, 10:29 PM
That's sad about Timothy. :( About Deacon that's the Chicago Blackhawks and one of my favorite pics of Glenn from the 70s is him wearing a Blackhawks hockey jersey but it's white where Deacon's is red.

DiscoStrangler
03-14-2018, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=shunlvswx;373038
JD and the Straight Shot are opening for the guys. :roll: Oh boy!!! Its time for bathroom and drink break. Better yet. Come almost close to 9:00. LOL[/QUOTE]

Just bought my ticket to see them in Lexington next month. JD and the Straight Shot are opening. I take it they're not good?

shunlvswx
03-14-2018, 10:35 PM
A lady who's sister is at the concert said Timothy told them he fell in the shower last night and he'll be better in a few days.

Poor guy. The guys have to watch themselves. They are 70.

shunlvswx
03-14-2018, 10:41 PM
I watched a video of Take It Easy, they have Vince doing the guitar solo in the middle of the song.

shunlvswx
03-14-2018, 10:42 PM
Just bought my ticket to see them in Lexington next month. JD and the Straight Shot are opening. I take it they're not good?

Well. They're not bad, but I've seen better.

FannyBeTender
03-14-2018, 10:52 PM
A lady who's sister is at the concert said Timothy told them he fell in the shower last night and he'll be better in a few days.

Ouch! :(

So relieved it wasn't worse.

My dad fell in the shower a few months back and broke his wrist in 2 places. Had to have surgery and ended up missing 3 months of work because of it.

shunlvswx
03-14-2018, 10:56 PM
I'm glad it wasn't too serious. I broke my ankle very bad around this time last year and I was out of work for only a month, but I didn't start back driving until 3 months later. It was hell not able to do stuff.

LuvTim
03-14-2018, 11:06 PM
Ouch! :(

So relieved it wasn't worse.

My dad fell in the shower a few months back and broke his wrist in 2 places. Had to have surgery and ended up missing 3 months of work because of it.

FBT, so sorry about your father's injury. Hope he's all better by now.

And, to our dear Timothy, feel better very, very soon! We love you! 💘

Delilah
03-15-2018, 01:30 AM

Indeed! Poor Timothy! It could have been worse though.

I watched a video of Take It Easy, they have Vince doing the guitar solo in the middle of the song.

Yay! They need to use his guitar skills more.

Delilah
03-15-2018, 01:54 AM
Well. They're not bad, but I've seen better.

Shun, you’re too kind. :)

Even with an opening act, it looks like the setlist stayed the same.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2018/united-center-chicago-il-2befe0de.html

Annoying Twit
03-15-2018, 04:29 AM
Shun, you’re too kind. :)

Even with an opening act, it looks like the setlist stayed the same.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2018/united-center-chicago-il-2befe0de.html

Even though it won't affect me directly (unless there's a DVD - hope hope), I'm pleased to see that the setlist stayed the same. That way the people who attend concerts without opening acts won't miss out.

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 07:38 AM
I Don't Want To Hear Anymore is missing.

YoungEaglesFan
03-15-2018, 09:08 AM

Maybe it was dropped due to Tim’s injury?

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Probably. I feel soo bad for Timothy. I saw a picture of the guys taken their bow at the end and Timothy was on crutches. Like I said. I'm glad it wasn't nothing serious and he'll be back to his old self in a few days, but I'm more happy that he didn't get a concussion. That could had been more worse than a sprain ankle or knee or whatever he hurt.

I saw some videos on Instagram, but I can't post it because all the social media websites are blocked at work and I will keep looking on Youtube since that's not blocked.

It was nice to see Vince doing more guitar solos. He did great with Take It Easy(the famous guitar solo in the middle of the song). He needs to practice just a little bit more, but he got it. I wonder what other songs they have him doing guitar solos.

Delilah
03-15-2018, 11:41 AM

Ah, someone must have edited the setlist since I last checked—there were still 28 songs listed.

Anyway here’s a snippet of Hotel California. You can see Timothy sitting down.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7cYvbtzK4SE

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm glad you found a video. I'm having a hard time finding some from last night. I haven't found any articles from last night either. There's probably some posted on Facebook, but since its block at work, I can't check.

New Kid In Town
03-15-2018, 11:48 AM
That's sad about Timothy. :( About Deacon that's the Chicago Blackhawks and one of my favorite pics of Glenn from the 70s is him wearing a Blackhawks hockey jersey but it's white where Deacon's is red.

Hi Buffy - you beat me to it ! :-) I was going to post about Glenn wearing that Blackhawk Jersey back in the 70's. Glenn sure loved his sports and Deacon, based on his twitter account, inhert. that love too. I loved when they all wore their sports t-shits and Eagles shirts.

MaryCalifornia
03-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Very proud to have Timothy as a member of the recently formed Seated-While-Performing Rock n' Rollers' Club, joining Dave Grohl and Axl Rose. He is in good company :rofl:

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Very proud to have Timothy as a member of the recently formed Seated-While-Performing Rock n' Rollers' Club, joining Dave Grohl and Axl Rose. He is in good company :rofl:

:rofl: MC. He has now joined that club. LOL

Delilah
03-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Timothy just needs to borrow Dave’s “throne.” Lol

Here’s Best of My Love. Will is seen off to the side playing guitar. I hope Timothy isn’t in too much pain.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMH4Qx3rCZA

TW
03-15-2018, 02:16 PM
Okay so now that I have finally come down from cloud 9 and am hitting post-concert depression hard, I will share my experience. Doors opened at 6:30, JD and the Straight Shot started at 7. I was prepared for the worst after all I've heard about them... but in my opinion they were pretty good. Eagles took the stage around 8:20, we were sitting first row so even in the dark I could see poor Timmy coming out on crutches :weep: They opened with "Seven Bridges Road" and WOW their harmonies are truly spectacular. Deacon came out wearing a Hawks jersey which got a lot of cheers from the fans. He also said he wished they could've played here sooner and congratulated us on our World Series win to which half the stadium cheered while the other half booed (I'm not a big baseball fan, but I do root for the cubs)! Don was the first one to talk about Timothy and originally said it was a "gardening accident" that got some laughs. Later Tim explained that it was similar to one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercials, which he laughed at and said "See I'm laughing now but when it happened I was not happy". I can only imagine how horrible that must have been, so thankful that he didn't get more injured though. A fall like that especially at such an age can be devastating however, both he and Don assured everyone that he should be back on his feet again shortly.
I'm not going to give a song by song run through because honestly it's kind of a blur. However, I will give highlights!
One of These Nights: I know some people were talking about how it sounded off on Monday but whatever problems they had there were absent last night. This is probably my favorite Eagles song and it sounded spectacular!
Witchy Woman: The new rendition gave me chills!
Peaceful Easy Feeling: Deacon sang it beautifully (he has such a great voice)! Everyone got emotional when a big picture of Glenn came on at the end.
I Can't Tell You Why: Phenomenal! Timothy never disappoints :grin:
Those Shoes: This one sounded so cool with the talk box, and the groove was good.
Victim of Love: They hadn't done this one in a while but it sounded great! Everyone was rockin out :headbang:
Desperado: I'm not a big fan of this song but last night it made me teary eyed

I know some set lists stated that they played "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore" but they only played it at th Monday show. :weep:

At fisrt I wasn't on board with the whole Vince Gill thing but he seems like one of the nicest most humble people. His solo song, "Next Big Thing" is pretty catchy. As for the whole Eagles without Glenn thing I'm not sure what to say. It's not really the "Eagles" but they're still good and it's still a phenomenal show. When I first found out I was more on the side of its not the Eagles without Glenn side but now I've switched (kinda)? It's different.

Now for my ultimate highlight: Not sure if any of you remember back to around 11 months ago at a certain Timothy solo show but you can search for the Chicago City Winery thread to know more. Anyways, at the start of the show Timothy was looking at the audience and he pointed at me and mouthed "hey!"(how does this keep happening to me?!?!). Later in the show our eyes made contact and we both just smiled and nodded at each other. So peaceful. I am just over the moon right now :grin::grin::grin:

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Rocky Mountain Way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iihH9S8WZY0

Hotel California
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz_d26nkEbk

YoungEaglesFan
03-15-2018, 02:30 PM

Here’s Best of My Love. Will is seen off to the side playing guitar. I hope Timothy isn’t in too much pain.

No offense to Will but there isn’t there enough guitars for that song already? They’ve got Don, Vince, Joe, Deacon strumming acoustics with Steuart doing the pedal steel on the electric guitar. I feel like him strumming isn’t really adding much of anything to the song. I wonder if he’ll contribute more later on as he gets his feet. I guess that might be why he is doing a insignificant part like that right now...

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 03:05 PM
YEF. Actually I think Milo Deering is doing the pedal steel parts now. Since Milo can play the pedal steel, they will probably use him more on the songs that needs it. I think they did a few close ups of Milo when he was playing the pedal steel on Best Of My Love.

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 03:28 PM
A few short videos.

Love Will Keep Us Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXOKAb_siN4

Life In The Fast Lane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTTW_rtchH0

Delilah
03-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Here’s a review of last night’s show.

”REVIEW: CHICAGO ENJOYS AN EVENING WITH THE EAGLES AT THE UNITED CENTER” The Early Registration, March 15, 2018 (https://theearlyregistration.com/2018/03/15/review-chicago-enjoys-an-evening-with-the-eagles-at-the-united-center/)

I have to say, it brings a smile to my face every time I see Randy’s name mentioned in these reviews.

My My
03-15-2018, 04:32 PM
TW--Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your experience and "ultimate highlight"!

Delilah
03-15-2018, 05:25 PM
TW, thank you for that wonderful review! How cool you had another Timothy moment. As far as JD and the Straight Shot, I did think the musicianship was good when I saw them. Also, I love the Spinal Tap reference by Don (“gardening accident”), that is too funny!

No offense to Will but there isn’t there enough guitars for that song already? They’ve got Don, Vince, Joe, Deacon strumming acoustics with Steuart doing the pedal steel on the electric guitar. I feel like him strumming isn’t really adding much of anything to the song. I wonder if he’ll contribute more later on as he gets his feet. I guess that might be why he is doing a insignificant part like that right now...

Yes, when I saw that video it seemed like 7 guitarists was a bit much. But I think his being there isn’t to add anything to the show. I think it’s more for his benefit, to add to his own experience and share it with his father. Who knows what his future plans are but at least he can say, I played with my dad’s band the Eagles on stage for a whole tour. I’m still curious to know if he can sing.

travlnman2
03-15-2018, 05:34 PM
TW, thank you for that wonderful review! How cool you had another Timothy moment. As far as JD and the Straight Shot, I did think the musicianship was good when I saw them.

Yes, when I saw that video it seemed like 7 guitarists was a bit much. But I think his being there isn’t to add anything to the show. I think it’s more for his benefit, to add to his own experience and share it with his father. Who knows what his future plans are but at least he can say, I played with my dad’s band the Eagles on stage for a whole tour. I’m still curious to know if he can sing.

Hey Concert For George had almost 8 guitarists

Eagles want to break the record

travlnman2
03-15-2018, 05:37 PM

Axl used it with AC/DC and I think he said that they sent it back to Dave in Pieces.

travlnman2
03-15-2018, 05:41 PM
Wow Steuart has aged alot. He didn't look that old with the HOTE doc. He is like the President when he leaves office.

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwjQq1Pa0-k

Delilah
03-15-2018, 08:01 PM
A part of Seven Bridges Road. I may be wrong but it sounds like just Don singing what used to be the 2-part harmony with Timothy (then later Vince).
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahXBEijIDwA

WKMB55
03-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Someone that was at the Chicago show said the Timothy didn't sing "I don't want to hear any more" at the concert. I wonder if it is harder to sing when you're sitting?

YoungEaglesFan
03-15-2018, 11:20 PM
YEF. Actually I think Milo Deering is doing the pedal steel parts now. Since Milo can play the pedal steel, they will probably use him more on the songs that needs it. I think they did a few close ups of Milo when he was playing the pedal steel on Best Of My Love.

Thanks for that. That is cool they are bringing back the pedal steel on BOML. It adds a lot to that song and I think it being pedal steel and not an electric guitar is nice

LuvTim
03-16-2018, 12:23 AM
TW!! You go, girl! :blueblob:

shunlvswx
03-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Someone that was at the Chicago show said the Timothy didn't sing "I don't want to hear any more" at the concert. I wonder if it is harder to sing when you're sitting?

I look at the setlist from last night's show and they didn't play it there either. I wonder about that or its hard for Timothy to sing that song. Or they probably shrunk down how long they play. I just don't know.

I just hope they don't drop How Long, Ol' 55 and Victim Of Love. I want to hear those songs.

SunnyCalico
03-16-2018, 01:57 PM
Grand Rapids

SET LIST (March 15, 2018)

1. Seven Bridges Road
2. Take It Easy
3. One of These Nights
4. Take It to the Limit
5. Tequila Sunrise
6. Witchy Woman
7. In the City
8. I Can’t Tell You Why
9. How Long
10. Ol’ ’55
11. Peaceful Easy Feeling
12. The Best of My Love
13. Lyin’ Eyes
14. Love Will Keep Us Alive
15. New Kid in Town
16. Next Big Thing (Vince Gill song)
17. Those Shoes
18. Already Gone
19. Victim of Love
20. Walk Away
21. Heartache Tonight
22. Life’s Been Good
23. Funk #49
24. Life in the Fast Lane
ENCORE 1
Hotel California
ENCORE 2
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado

tbsfan
03-16-2018, 02:31 PM
I look at the setlist from last night's show and they didn't play it there either. I wonder about that or its hard for Timothy to sing that song. Or they probably shrunk down how long they play. I just don't know..

He sings it in his solo shows. Too bad they dropped an Eagles song but kept the newest non-Eagle’s song.

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2018, 05:10 PM
He sings it in his solo shows. Too bad they dropped an Eagles song but kept the newest non-Eagle’s song.

Totally agree

shunlvswx
03-16-2018, 05:12 PM
I hate that they dropped IDWTHA. Its not one of my favorite songs, but I was happy that Timothy got an extra song. Maybe they will bring it later.

shunlvswx
03-16-2018, 05:46 PM
Another review.
http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/music/eagles-soar-to-new-musical-heights-in-chicago-show/article_e663880b-9c13-5c85-9836-76a90246995c.html

Victim of Love
03-17-2018, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE Yes, when I saw that video it seemed like 7 guitarists was a bit much. But I think his being there isn’t to add anything to the show. I think it’s more for his benefit, to add to his own experience and share it with his father. Who knows what his future plans are but at least he can say, I played with my dad’s band the Eagles on stage for a whole tour. I’m still curious to know if he can sing.[/QUOTE]

Based on what I've heard Will is a temporary addition to the lineup and he'll be heading off to college at the end of the summer. I think his presence is more for exposure to the experience than any long-range plans for him. It's also nice that Deacon has another guy his own age along to hang with. I heard Cindy and Taylor are also along for this leg.

Delilah
03-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Based on what I've heard Will is a temporary addition to the lineup and he'll be heading off to college at the end of the summer. I think his presence is more for exposure to the experience than any long-range plans for him. It's also nice that Deacon has another guy his own age along to hang with. I heard Cindy and Taylor are also along for this leg.

I agree, this will be a memorable experience for these young guys to share.

Here’s a video of Ol 55 from the Chicago show (Don: “I think this is on the On the Border album” LOL it’s hard to remember after all these years!)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDp2cvG6QIE

shunlvswx
03-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Even though Don is not singing his original lines, he's harmonizing with Vince on the "Just a-wishing I'd stayed a little longer. Lord don't you know. The feelings getting stronger." I think Randy originally did the harmonizing on that part.

I'm still trying to find a video of How Long. I don't know if Don is singing the second verse, but I've seen a video clip of Deacon singing some of the second verse. I do know I saw a video of Don singing, "muddy river run so deep."

TW
03-20-2018, 01:56 PM
If I'm remembering correctly?? Don sang the second verse.

Freypower
03-20-2018, 05:12 PM
If I'm remembering correctly?? Don sang the second verse.

He sang the bridge; 'stars beginning to fade' etc. Glenn sang the verses.

TW
03-21-2018, 10:28 AM
He sang the bridge; 'stars beginning to fade' etc. Glenn sang the verses.

Sorry I should have clarified, I was referring to the song "How Long".

shunlvswx
03-22-2018, 11:32 AM
There's a guy on Youtube who basically recorded the whole Chicago show. There's a few songs that are missing, but he did majority of the show. I'm not going to post all the videos. Just the ones we haven't seen video of.
Again. Watch before its gone. I'm surprised its still up after 6 days.

One Of These Nights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3soG0t6y3EY

Take It TO The Limit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nns5l2UxH8M

IN The City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCMu0oKEVDI

Peaceful Easy Feeling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27ALVMYFnI

New Kid In Town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEgTttu-QBQ

Love Will Keep Us Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6AqCx3J2F0

Those Shoes. You can see Don go over to Will.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvhdhE7veo

Walk Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKL_N-ZPsvk

Heartache Tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vej6S7pWs-U