PDA

View Full Version : Get Better Soon, Timothy!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-15-2018, 01:25 PM
Timothy apparently took a fall in the shower a couple of days ago, but, fortunately, seems to not have injured himself very seriously.

Hope you bounce back and are as good as new very soon, Timothy.

Annoying Twit
03-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Same from me: get well soon.

CanNeverLeave
03-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Saw the Chicago show last night (3/14/18). It was awesome! TBS was on crutches. Don joked that it was a “horrible gardening accident”. Timothy said he fell in the hotel shower after the Indy show. He said it was a “help, I’ve fallen and can’t get up moment” which got a good laugh. He said he was pretty mad about it when it happened. He did the show seated and moved around the stage on crutches but he seemed and sounded fine

Dawn
03-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Falling in or out of the shower can be very dangerous and I am so glad he is okay. A few years ago I tripped over a bathroom rug. Though I did not break any bones I bruised my foot and ankle badly and wasn't able to put any pressure on it for some time. Wishing Tim a speedy recovery and lots of TLC.

shunlvswx
03-15-2018, 03:53 PM
When I saw that on facebook last night, it was scary to see that. But I'm glad he's ok and he didn't get seriously hurt. I don't know what he hurt(foot, ankle or knee), but I know the feeling of not able to walk and have to use crutches(well I used a scooter to get around) to get around. Its not fun. I know it was very hard getting in and out of the shower when I had broke my ankle around this time last year.

I pray for a speedy recovery for Timothy and he's not in a lot of pain these next few days.

carol7lynn
03-15-2018, 05:07 PM
It's "Break-A-Leg!" TimothyB, not your foot!

:p:rofl::p

Get Well Soon! :inlove:

Stay Tuned!
:computer:

buffyfan145
03-15-2018, 05:33 PM
Hope Timothy feels better soon too and has a speedy recovery. Glad he's doing ok.

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Sending all good wishes to Timothy - hope he recovers fully from his fall. Its great that he did not have to miss any of his shows as a result

New Kid In Town
03-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Falling in or out of the shower can be very dangerous and I am so glad he is okay. A few years ago I tripped over a bathroom rug. Though I did not break any bones I bruised my foot and ankle badly and wasn't able to put any pressure on it for some time. Wishing Tim a speedy recovery and lots of TLC.

Poor Tim - I hope he is Feeling better and on the road to recovery soon.

LuvTim
03-16-2018, 12:33 AM
Timothy, you know we all love you and hate it that you're hurt. :heart:
Sending you healing thoughts, hugs and best wishes! Wishing I could do more.

#that time you wished you were an orthopedist :grin:

Brooke
03-16-2018, 02:00 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Timothy! So sorry you fell, but certainly could have been worse!

sodascouts
03-17-2018, 05:24 PM
Poor Tim! Hope he heals up quickly!

Pippinwhite
03-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Prayers for a speedy, smooth, very uneventful recovery, Timothy! Hugs!:grouphug:

NightMistBlue
03-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Don joked that it was a “horrible gardening accident”.

That's from the Spinal Tap movie isn't it - they had a succession of drummers who died under mysterious circumstances, including one from a horrible gardening accident. The authorities advised the band "best leave it alone" and not to investigate further.

Get well soon, Timmy!

MaryCalifornia
03-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Aaah, I did not know that reference, thank you. I do know that Jean Schmit is in This is Spinal Tap.

NightMistBlue
03-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Oh, that's right! Completely forgot about that. I must watch it again sometime to see if I can spot her. Her character is "Ethereal Woman"? Not much of a description, but maybe it will be obvious.

WalshFan88
03-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Get well soon!

shunlvswx
03-24-2018, 07:27 PM
I saw in pictures that Timothy is wearing a walking boot now. So he's probably walking on it now, but probably can't stand those 2 and a half hours. I'm glad he's getting better and it wasn't serious.

Victim of Love
04-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Still in a boot last night in Columbus (although it's now a pneumatic boot) AND using the crutches again. :headshake::headscratch: BUT he sang ICTYW and LWKUA. Don assured everyone that Timothy's accessory is NOT permanent.

LuvTim
04-10-2018, 12:13 AM
VoL, thanks for the update. :-)

groupie2686
04-10-2018, 10:37 AM
I hope Timothy makes a speedy recovery! I am recovering from an ankle injury myself right now and I'm sympathetic. For me, it's not so bad that I need a boot, but bad enough to get in the way of life for a while.

04-10-2018, 10:46 AM
Yeah - He kind of downplayed this when it happened, but it appears be a bit more serious than what he first indicated. It seems to be taking longer to heal than just a minor sprain. Hope he's 'back on his feet' soon.

shunlvswx
04-10-2018, 11:37 AM
It might not had been too bad. He probably didn't have surgery because they would had to cancel some shows if he had to have surgery. He probably still could be on stage if he had surgery, but just couldn't walk on it. At his age, its probably taking a long time to heal. I'm way younger than Timothy and it still took a long time for me to heal.

From pictures and videos I've seen from the St. Louis show, Timothy was on his feet during Rocky Mountain Way and he didn't have his crutches when they did their bow at the end.

Groupie. I know how you feel. I broke my ankle last year. I only missed a month of work and since I have a desk job, I didn't have to be out for a long time. It really messed up my life for 3 months. I couldn't drive for 3 months. My mother had to drive me to and from work(that put a lot of stress on her since we go to work at different times and I had to temporary change my time to go in and leave work). I was in a boot for 3 months, but I'm soo lucky I had one of those scooters to get around on. I had to prop my leg (or foot) up every single day and I was soo uncomfortable. It was hard to get comfortable. I hated the crutches. When I first started putting pressure on my foot and use the crutches, I fell. Luckily I didn't damage anything, but my knee hurt for weeks. I had to have physical therapy for 3 months. I know what Timothy is going through.

groupie2686
04-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Shun, wow, that sounds like you went through a lot. Your injury was worse than mine but I know how you feel. I strained my Achilles tendon - I didn't need a boot, but I've been doing PT for several weeks now and it's still not at 100%. I'm normally very active, so this has been immensely frustrating for me. It's a hard area to heal, apparently. I just want to resume normal life again!

I hope Timothy has a speedy recovery! An injury like this can't be easy at his age.

Delilah
04-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Still in a boot last night in Columbus (although it's now a pneumatic boot) AND using the crutches again. :headshake::headscratch: BUT he sang ICTYW and LWKUA. Don assured everyone that Timothy's accessory is NOT permanent.

I saw some pics on Twitter and I was surprised about the crutches too. He didn’t have them at the last concert, AFAIK.

Hope you heal soon, Timothy!

shunlvswx
04-10-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm not surprised he's still in a boot. Foot and ankle injuries takes time to heal. He probably will be in that boot for another month or two. I'm surprised he still using crutches since he kinda wasn't at the St. Louis show and then he was on his feet on Rocky Mountain Way(I don't know if he ever got up on the other songs, but I know he was on his feet during RMW). But than again. Depending on where he's coming from to get to the stage, its probably good for him to use the crutches to get to and from especially if the dressing rooms are a long way from the stage.

sodascouts
06-28-2018, 02:00 AM
Just realized this was never updated - just wanted to say that apparently, all is well with Timothy's foot now.

07-01-2018, 01:38 PM
I'm also a little a late weighing in here, but glad that Timothy is 'back on his feet'. :nod: