PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh sighting at the Grammys

katherine5832
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I just saw Joe at the Grammys sitting behind Yoko Ono and Ringo Starr. While I don't think the others are there, I was excited to see at least one in attendance!

DonFan
02-10-2008, 10:27 PM
I saw him too, Katherine--he and Ringo are long-time friends.
It would be amazing if How Long won a Grammy and Joe got to accept it for the band.

DonFan
02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
To repeat the good news that Dreamer just posted on the Eagles thread, the Eagles did in fact win the Grammy for Best Country Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocals for How Long! The entire Long Road Out of Eden album is not eligible for consideration until next year because of the release date. Hopefully, it will receive lots of additional Grammys next year.

One more thing--while I was watching the Grammys, I saw a commercial for Celine Dion's CBS special, "The Woman in Me." The commercial said Joe would make an appearance on Celine's special as well. That was news to me--I wouldn't have exactly put the two of them together. The special airs Friday night--should be interesting.

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 03:33 AM
OH MY WORD! THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, EAGLES!!!

I hope the Grammys are being broadcast locally - they usually are. A double whammy for me: Joe AND Ringo! :D :D

DF, you're right - I couldn't picture Joe with Celine either. :?

tbs fanatic
02-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh that's great :band: Joe seems to be hanging out with Ringo all the time now. Every time I see something about him lately there's Ringo. Could it be because he is seeing Ringo's sister-in-law??? Joe with Celine Dion - :lol: now that is something I would have to see :D .

Brooke
02-11-2008, 11:33 AM
One more thing--while I was watching the Grammys, I saw a commercial for Celine Dion's CBS special, "The Woman in Me." The commercial said Joe would make an appearance on Celine's special as well. That was news to me--I wouldn't have exactly put the two of them together. The special airs Friday night--should be interesting.

I caught this too! Strange mix, but a chance to see Joe will make me watch!

I caught him at the Grammy's, too. Thought he looked great! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Joe seems to be hanging out with Ringo all the time now. Every time I see something about him lately there's Ringo. Could it be because he is seeing Ringo's sister-in-law???

Maybe it could be that, tbsf. :wink: Although, as DF said, I think Joe and Ringo go back a long way.

I also agree that Joe and Celine seem like an odd mix, but I'll definitely be tuning in.

tbs fanatic
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Joe and Ringo, once again (it's a nice one of Joe)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/tbsfan_2006/nicoleapatoff2.jpg

DonFan
02-12-2008, 01:01 AM
That is quite a picture! I don't know who the white-haired man is, but that is Joe, Ringo, rock photographer Henry Diltz and Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees.

Mrs Frey
02-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Oh, COOL! 8) Thanks for this lovely pic, TBSF! Two of my heroes from different bands in one pic! :D :D

tbs fanatic
02-12-2008, 11:48 AM
The white haired guy is Graham Nash of Crosby, Stills and Nash.

02-12-2008, 12:44 PM
I know - I would have never known who Graham Nash was either except I saw him on Larry King Live when Dan Fogelberg passed away recently. He has also been battling prostate cancer, so I think he looks great under the circumstances. I sure wish him the best.

Brooke
02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
:shock: I love Graham Nash! I can't believe I didn't recognize him!

glenneaglesfan
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh, great picture, thanks for posting, tbs fanatic! Joe looks really fine there. I thought it was Graham Nash before I read your next comment. I saw him interviewed on a documentary about Californian rock, and thought he still looked very good. I only rediscovered CSN recently after picking up a free cd with a newspaper, and have been hooked ever since. I'm very sorry to hear that he has prostate cancer. I hope the medication works.

I saw Micky Dolenz once in London. He doesn't look a lot different, and that was 28 years ago!

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Thats a lovely pic TBS fan. Thanks! Joe is looking really well.

tbsfan
02-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I know - I would have never known who Graham Nash was either except I saw him on Larry King Live when Dan Fogelberg passed away recently. He has also been battling prostate cancer, so I think he looks great under the circumstances. I sure wish him the best.
Actually, Graham said that Stephen Stills was about to undergo surgery for prostate cancer, not that he himself had it. Stephen's surgery was scheduled for sometime soon after that Larry King Live program.

sodascouts
02-12-2008, 10:45 PM
I used to have a little-girl-crush on Micky Dolenz back when I was 11 and the Monkees had their reunion tour in 1986. It's cool to see him hangin' with Joe, who looks terrific!

02-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Actually, Graham said that Stephen Stills was about to undergo surgery for prostate cancer, not that he himself had it. Stephen's surgery was scheduled for sometime soon after that Larry King Live program.

I knew that Graham had announced on the Larry King show that Stephen Stills had been diagnosed with prostate cancer, but I thought I read where he had also battled the disease himself. I apologize if I gave out incorrect information. In this case, I would be delighted if I am wrong. :wink:

tbs fanatic
02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Talking of Graham Nash - his Aunt used to run the local Youth Club in our little village. She was a really cool lady - she helped my brother through a rough time once. I'm talking late 60's.

JoeFan
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Joe looks very well, what a lovely smile, thanks for posting.

Mrs Frey
02-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Wow, I had no idea that was Graham Nash! :shock: He certainly has changed a lot since the last footage I saw of him (which was from the '80s). I love The Hollies - I think people tend to forget he was a member because he made such a success of teaming up with David Crosby and Stephen Stills. I admit that I know little about Crosby, Stills and Nash - "Teach Your Children Well" is about my limit :blush: - but it's a good song!

I'm sorry to read about Stephen Stills' battle with cancer. I hope he pulls through his treatment (and Graham too, if he is indeed also ill).

samo
04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
That is a great one of Joe. I did not recognize Mickey Dolenz at first either.