PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dylan covers a Don solo song

Delilah
04-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Did a search but didn’t find this posted. Here’s a video of none other than legendary songwriter Bob Dylan covering EOTI. What an honor for Don!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucgB8i9JvdY

Ive always been a dreamer
04-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the link, Delilah. Bob Dylan is a songwriting genious, but I have never liked his singing voice. Although, I do believe it is an honor to Don to have Bob perform his song, I think he should leave the singing to Don next time. :lol:

Delilah
04-07-2018, 06:49 PM
You’re welcome, Dreamer. I’m not a fan of Dylan’s singing either, he definitely has his own style!

shunlvswx
04-08-2018, 09:34 AM
For Don, it probably was a a big honor to have Bob Dylan sing one of his songs.

Now me. I didn’t like it one bit. I don’t think I lasted a minute before I went to another video. I never liked Bob’s style of singing.

WalshFan88
04-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Bob's singing is an acquired taste. One that I've never acquired. He's a brilliant top 10 songwriter of all time, maybe top 5 but I love it when other artists sing his music be it the Byrds, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, etc.

YoungEaglesFan
04-09-2018, 10:09 AM
I also do not care for Dylan’s voice. I think recently it’s gotten pretty bad but somehow he made #9 on Rolling Stones top 100 singers list. I have never understood how Don is #87 and Glenn isn’t on the list but Dylan the ninth best

04-09-2018, 02:04 PM
I also do not care for Dylan’s voice. I think recently it’s gotten pretty bad but somehow he made #9 on Rolling Stones top 100 singers list. I have never understood how Don is #87 and Glenn isn’t on the list but Dylan the ninth best

Because it's Rolling Stone and they are and always have been totally biased.

Freypower
04-09-2018, 07:31 PM
When magazines like Rolling Stone talk about Dylan's singing they really mean the mid 60s & early 70s.

I am ploughing a lonely furrow here, as I am the only Dylan fan on this board, but Like A Rolling Stone, Positively Fourth Street, Hurricane, Highway 61 Revisited... say what you like. That is GREAT rock & roll singing. And if you want ballads, try Lay Lady Lay or If You See Me Say Hello, or Tangled Up In Blue for 'story' songs.

I am not interested in hearing him sing EOTI because it is true that his voice is no longer what it was.

04-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Yep FP - I'm afraid I have never been a fan of Dylan's voice even when he was at his best. I just never saw the appeal. That version of EOTI is absolutely awful, IMHO. But, as I said before, I do think he is a brilliant songwriter though.

shunlvswx
04-10-2018, 01:12 PM
I went back and I listen to the whole song (or tried). I see why I don't like Bob Dylan. I could barely understand what he was saying and he was pausing too much in between as he sings the song. That really turned me off. And the song sounded off as they played the music.

I agree he's a good songwriter, but I just don't like his way of singing.

Brooke
04-10-2018, 03:08 PM
No doubt about it, Bob is some kind of genius as far as songwriting goes. His voice is much to be desired. I think he can sing if he wants to. Or could. I haven't heard anything newer by him. Wasn't ever a real fan, but can't ignore his contribution to music.

I do like Like a Rolling Stone, Tangled Up in Blue, and Lay Lady Lay. My favorite is Forever Young.

I don't want to hear him sing anything by Don Henley though!

Witchy Woman
04-12-2018, 12:14 AM
Nah man, I can't handle Bob Dylan. I got tickets to see him a while back during a promo for Hurricane Sandy. The tickets were only $10, and Mark Knopfler was opening for him. I figured I'd give him a shot. Knopfler was great, but I could only deal with Bob for about 45 minutes and I had to leave. I ended up paying more for crab fries then I did for the tickets !! Lol !!