PDA

View Full Version : Three May Concerts Postponed Due to Illness

WKMB55
05-02-2018, 06:21 PM
According to a tweet by the venue in Salt Lake City for the May 03, 2018 concert, it has been postponed and rescheduled for May 20, 2018 because Don Henley is ill.

FreyFollower
05-02-2018, 06:36 PM
So sorry to hear that he is ill.
Take care, and get well soon, Don!:worried:

LuvTim
05-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Best wishes to Don. Feel better soon! :hug:

groupie2686
05-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Best wishes to Don for a speedy recovery. I hope it's nothing serious.

maryc2130
05-03-2018, 07:32 AM
I hope he's okay. It looks like tonight's show is still on -- so far, anyway.

Rest up and feel better, Don!

shunlvswx
05-03-2018, 09:26 AM
I hope he's okay. It looks like tonight's show is still on -- so far, anyway.

Rest up and feel better, Don!

Tonight's show was the one that was cancelled and postponed until the 20th. Do you mean Saturday?

Sending best wishes to Don. I hope he's ok and nothing serious. Maybe just a cold.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-03-2018, 04:31 PM
I, too, am sorry to hear about Don's illness. Hope it is minor and that he will be good as new very soon.

Delilah
05-03-2018, 04:49 PM
I saw the tweet. Hope he’s feeling better soon!

shunlvswx
05-03-2018, 07:52 PM
I just saw on Facebook that the Portland and Spokane shows are being rescheduled to May 22nd and 24th. I really hope Don is ok.

Glennsallnighter
05-04-2018, 05:02 AM
Get well soon Don - I hope he is ok. Hopefully the full schedule is not too demanding for him. Not joking but he IS 70

sodascouts
05-04-2018, 09:58 AM
I hope Don gets well soon.

East Texas Girl
05-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Hope all is good with Don and it is just a cold. Get better soon!

Victim of Love
05-05-2018, 12:55 AM
Hope all is good with Don and it is just a cold. Get better soon!

According to a post on Jack Tempchin's FB page announcing the postponements there is an "Editor's Note" that Henley has been suffering from a cold. I also read somewhere that he was seen washing down a pill during the Miami show which was two weeks ago. Whatever it was, it obviously kicked him hard. Prayers it was nothing more serious and that with this extra week the Canadian shows will go off without a hitch.

05-05-2018, 12:56 PM
I don't want to come across as an alarmist, but I find the explanation that Don's illness is just a cold to be a little hard to buy. Since when did the Eagles cancel several shows because one of the members had a cold? I've known them to perform on many occasions when members had much worse ailments. I sure hope I'm wrong, but it does concern me a bit.

YoungEaglesFan
05-05-2018, 02:21 PM
I don't want to come across as an alarmist, but I find the explanation that Don's illness is just a cold to be a little hard to buy. Since when did the Eagles cancel several shows because one of the members had a cold? I've known them to perform on many occasions when members had much worse ailments. I sure hope I'm wrong, but it does concern me a bit.

Maybe it’s a sound quality thing. Maybe this isn’t particularly dangerous but his voice is bad shape when he is sick. But who knows

LuvTim
05-05-2018, 05:04 PM

Hi, Dreamer!
My husband and I have each very recently been the victim of some kind of cold bug that has landed each of us out of commission and unable to perform our daily responsibilities. We're way younger than Don, and I would hate to think of having to sing for 3 hours with the symptoms we have had. So you could be correct in being skeptical, but, I don't seriously doubt that it really could just be a bad cold. So, I agree with you, I sure hope it's just a cold.

05-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Thanks, LT. I hope you are right. It's just that the band has always had such a 'the show must go on' mentality that he must have a really bad cold to cancel three shows. I saw Don perform a solo show once where he was so 'under the weather' that he could barely sing the first few songs. But, his voice continued to get stronger the more he sang, and after several songs, he sounded great.

maryc2130
05-06-2018, 09:39 PM
I've had colds before where I can barely get a sound out, let along sing. And at 70 plus, it's probably better for Don to err on the side of caution and rest his voice and himself.

I can't imagine why anyone would find this suspicious.

Elizasong
05-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Thanks, LT. I hope you are right. It's just that the band has always had such a 'the show must go on' mentality that he must have a really bad cold to cancel three shows. I saw Don perform a solo show once where he was so 'under the weather' that he could barely sing the first few songs. But, his voice continued to get stronger the more he sang, and after several songs, he sounded great.

My theory here is, their "show must go on" mentality I think eventually didn't work well for Glenn. When he pushed through and took strong medications to get through his pain look what happened. Maybe Don is looking at that saying "I'm not as young as I used to be" and maybe he's now airing on the side of caution rather than pushing himself too hard.
Just a thoguht

05-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Good point, Eliza. Perhaps he is just being cautious.

I can't imagine why anyone would find this suspicious.

I think I explained this in my previous posts. It is out of character for the band to cancel three shows unless they absolutely have no other choice. There is no need to try to read anything into my posts other than that. But, after reading Eliza's post, I am reminded that the public was not informed of the seriousness of Glenn's condition, so maybe I am a little paranoid. Most of us thought he was going to have routine surgery and fully recover, so it was a horrible shock when that did not happen.

However, as I stated before, I don't wish to alarm anyone and, hopefully, Don is on the mend.

groupie2686
05-07-2018, 01:47 PM
I truly hope Don is okay and just taking a precaution - perhaps Glenn's passing made him more aware of his age and mortality, and he doesn't want to push himself. After Glenn, though, like Dreamer said, I have this nagging thought that maybe it is more serious than he is letting on, but maybe I'm being paranoid.

Brooke
05-07-2018, 03:05 PM
I have to think that it's more than a cold. Most bands don't cancel concerts for something as minor and the Eagles were no exception. But, that's just my opinion!

UndertheWire
05-08-2018, 11:11 AM
If it affected his voice, a cold would be serious enough to cancel.

05-08-2018, 11:43 AM
I guess if he also has acute laryngitis it could cause them to cancel some shows. That would make more sense to me than a cold. However, it's hard to say since there was no specifics given in the public announcement. It is harder to fight off sicknesses the older you get for sure, so we will just have to wait and see.

BTW - I renamed the title of this thread to be more descriptive since initially only one show was rescheduled.

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Glenn :heart: had what looked like a very bad cold the last night he played here in Dublin in 2014.I noticed he cut the talk between songs to a minimum and did not hold all the notes. He was running through boxes of tissues like they were going out of fashion!But the show went on. So it is possible.
However I suppose they are all 5 years older not and I guess Don is taking no chances and is resting up. I hope he feels better soon.

Pippinwhite
05-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Hope Don is feeling better soon, too!

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Looks like the next tranche of shows are back on track so Don must be recovered thank God.

05-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Of course, I'm also glad to hear that Don has recovered - wishing him continued good health.

DrRyan454
11-09-2018, 02:50 PM
If it affected his voice, a cold would be serious enough to cancel.

Don's voice on May 10 sounded a bit hoarse (the first concert after his cold). So it could have been a voice issue and most likely is. he didn't have anything really bad but bad enough that his singing was hoarse, and given that the Eagles are perfectionists, they don't want any bad shows.