PDA

View Full Version : Border Chat Party February 29!

sodascouts
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
It's GA's 40th birthday coming up in a couple weeks. She'd like to have a chat party, and who am I to refuse the birthday girl?

To accommodate her and the overseas folks, we'll start it 6 pm Eastern/11 pm GMT. However, feel free to come in later, as we'll be watching more than one bootleg. We'll start off with Dublin 1992 and then go on to Eagles bootlegs - how about old school Houston 1976? We could also do a more recent one - check here to see what you think and offer suggestions:

Eagles Videos (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/trade/eaglesdvdindex.htm)

If you want to participate but don't have the bootleg we're watching, PM me.

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks Soda! The only bootleg I have is Buffalo which we did already last year. So I'll need to pm you when we've decided! Christchurch looks good. I havent seen Houston either so that sounds like a good idea. But as I've already gone for Dublin I'll let you others choose!

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:34 AM
This is a fantastic idea, but I doubt I'll be able to participate. :cry:

I don't have either Houston or Christchurch, but I do have (and LOVE) Dublin 1992.

EasyFeeling
02-14-2008, 06:46 AM
... and I don't have a DVD drive. :roll:

Brooke
02-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Well, my Dublin has gone missing, but I will search the house and see if I can come up with it. It MUST be somewhere! :?

And you all know how much I love Houston! :heart: :heybaby:

I really don't care though. All Glenn/Eagles is good! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
02-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh golly - I won't be able to make this one. I leave to go on my Caribbean cruise on 2/24. Have a good time, and tell the boys "hi" for me. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
We will indeed Dreamer! And I hope yhe cruise is brilliant. Where are you being taken?

Brooke
02-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh golly - I won't be able to make this one. I leave to go on my Caribbean cruise on 2/24. Have a good time, and tell the boys "hi" for me. :wink:

:shock: Dreamer! You are toooo lucky, girl! First Pebble Beach. Now a caribbean cruise? You go, girl! :headbang:

sodascouts
02-14-2008, 09:41 PM
OK, so right now, it's:

- Dublin 1992
- Houston 1976
- Christchurch 1995

Sounds good to me. PM me if you plan on participating and need any of these.

DonFan
02-15-2008, 10:32 AM
I won't be able to make it either. We will be out of town at my mother's house helping to celebrate her birthday--she turns 82 on Feb 28. Y'all have a good time though!

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I won't be able to make it either. We will be out of town at my mother's house helping to celebrate her birthday--she turns 82 on Feb 28. Y'all have a good time though!

What a co oncidence to share the same birthdate as your mother DF! I hope I live as long and my kids are coming over to celebrate my 82nd some time :birthday: . Wish her a 'Happy Birthday' from me!

glenneaglesfan
02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Both your mother, DF, and you, GA, must breathe a sigh of relief you weren't born on the 29th! Four years to wait for your next birthday!

I think by now you all know that I will not be able to join the chat. Our home network blocks the connection. I've tried all the hints that you all have suggested to no avail. :( I hope you all have a lot of fun!

DonFan
02-17-2008, 04:26 PM
I will tell her, GA, and happy birthday to you, too! :birthday:

This month is full of birthdays. When I was pregnant with our youngest daughter, Christina, I was due in the last week of February. My mother-in-law's birthday was Feb. 24 and my mother's was Feb. 28 so each grandmother was pulling for the baby to be born on their birthday. Christina diplomatically arrived on Feb. 26, smack dab in the middle. For years, until my sweet mother-in-law passed away, I would order a big birthday cake with all three of their names on it.

Brooke
02-17-2008, 09:43 PM
We have lots of birthdays this month, too. 12 in both our families. My Dad is 82 today! :D

katherine5832
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Dumb question(s) alert! :roll:

I've never participated in one of your chat parties, but they sound like fun. Unfortunately, I'm bowling that night, so I can't participate (unless you guys are still doing it after 10:30 EST), but can someone answer some questions for me? So, you are going to be watching these three bootlegs and simultaneously chatting about them? How long are each of them? If these are full concerts, I'm assuming that each of them has got to be over 60 - 90 minutes, correct? You guys are very ambitious (and I suspect will be mighty tired on Saturday - especially those of you in Europe and South Africa!).

DonFan
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
We have lots of birthdays this month, too. 12 in both our families. My Dad is 82 today! :D

Happy birthday to your dad, too! :birthday:
Your dad & my mom--that was a very good year for both of us!

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 06:08 AM

Please wish your mother a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me, DF! :birthday: I hope you all have a great time celebrating. How wonderful!

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 06:11 AM

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dad, Brooke! I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating. :birthday:

A good friend of mine is having her birthday today.

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Dumb question(s) alert! :roll:

I've never participated in one of your chat parties, but they sound like fun. Unfortunately, I'm bowling that night, so I can't participate (unless you guys are still doing it after 10:30 EST), but can someone answer some questions for me? So, you are going to be watching these three bootlegs and simultaneously chatting about them? How long are each of them? If these are full concerts, I'm assuming that each of them has got to be over 60 - 90 minutes, correct? You guys are very ambitious (and I suspect will be mighty tired on Saturday - especially those of you in Europe and South Africa!).

LOL, Katherine! There's nothing dumb about your questions at all!

You're right about those of us in Europe and South Africa - it usually turns into a marathon session into the early hours of the morning for us, although I don't speak from personal experience. A reliable source in Ireland keeps me up to speed with these matters. :wink:

I've never had the privilege of participating, as I don't have the Internet at home. :( Even if I could do it from work, I wouldn't be able to, as the network does not support "Chat". :roll:

I'm privileged enough to be able to log on to GFO from work, though, so I shouldn't complain. :D

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Believe me Katherine, I have participated from 11pm until 4am the following morning sometimes! AND I'm the first to leave! Actually I check out! I never leave! As I can only participate when my better half is working I'm on duty the next morning from when the kids waken. I usually find that a bribe of a bar of chocolate for the person who stays asleep longest does the job and gets me at least 4 hours sleep!

Needless to say the kids don't know about the chat parties either! If they did Timtot would want to take part! :fingerwag:

02-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh no no no! No chat parties for the little ones - they are not always rated PG. :wink: :wink: I'm sorry I'll be missing this.

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I will tell her, GA, and happy birthday to you, too! :birthday:

This month is full of birthdays. When I was pregnant with our youngest daughter, Christina, I was due in the last week of February. My mother-in-law's birthday was Feb. 24 and my mother's was Feb. 28 so each grandmother was pulling for the baby to be born on their birthday. Christina diplomatically arrived on Feb. 26, smack dab in the middle. For years, until my sweet mother-in-law passed away, I would order a big birthday cake with all three of their names on it.

Thanks for your good wishes DF! Thats my 1st Birthday greeting for this year!

Your daughter certainly WAS diplomatic. And that idea of a large cake for the 3 birthday girls was a lovely idea. My birthday as you know is the end of February. My sister is the 8th March, my brother the 12th and my hubby the 29th. When I was expecting my second child I was given an EDD of 20 March, but following his sisters early arrival we knew it would be earlier. Again a diplomat he made an appearance early on the 13th!

sodascouts
02-18-2008, 08:59 PM
We usually just do one or two bootlegs, but I figure since we're starting early, this will give people who want to come late a chance to watch a whole bootleg.

sodascouts
02-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Don't forget guys - the chat party is tomorrow evening! If you don't have all of the bootlegs, feel free to drop in for at least part of it. Latecomers welcome!

Tentative schedule:
Around 6:00 Eastern: Houston 1976
Around 7:30 Eastern: Dublin 1992
Around 9:30 Eastern: Christchurch 1995

Freypower
02-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I will be there even though hubby will be home. I have warned him. :twisted:

katherine5832
02-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I might try to drop in after bowling. I don't have the bootlegs, but I've downloaded the Christchurch files that are in the downloadable section, so I can watch some of them. It sounds like a lot of fun. I just wish I could join you earlier.

Glennsallnighter
02-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I will be there even though hubby will be home. I have warned him. :twisted:

Looking forward to chatting again FP :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-29-2008, 07:54 AM
LOL, I enjoyed that, FP! :lol: You go, girl! :twisted:

sodascouts
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I might try to drop in after bowling. I don't have the bootlegs, but I've downloaded the Christchurch files that are in the downloadable section, so I can watch some of them. It sounds like a lot of fun. I just wish I could join you earlier.

Combining the downloads from here and YouTube, we almost have the entirety of Houston online! If you could come in even for a little while, that would be great. :)

glenneaglesfan
02-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Have fun tonight, everyone! Katherine, if you do get a chance I should try and join in. Our home network blocks chat, and I really feel I'm missing out. I'll be thinking of you!

Brooke
02-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I haven't informed hubby yet, but I'm hoping there will be a BIG basketball game on tv that he doesn't want to miss so I can be here! :wink: :twisted:

If he has other plans, I will try to pop in when I can!

tbs fanatic
02-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I doubt I'll be on either :weep: Actually I don't have any of the bootlegs :weep: :weep: Are you feeling sad for me right now? Even I'm feeling sad for me :lol: Have fun.

sodascouts
02-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey guys, for the future, remember that I said anyone who wanted to participate could PM me and I would send them the bootlegs.

Maleah
03-01-2008, 11:37 PM
I really wanted to make it. I'm bummed that I didn't get to! :( I ended up having to work late because we have visits from the big wigs (as I like to call them) coming to our store. :? But I've been watching the dvd's anyway....thanks Nancy! They're great!!!

SweetHolly
03-02-2008, 12:15 AM
I wish I could have been there.
Maleah, I want to hide with you in Don's fro. :lol:

DonFan
03-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Wish I could've been there too. Hope everyone had a great time!

Maleah
03-02-2008, 01:40 AM

:D Well judging by the size of it in the Houston 1976 bootleg.......there's plenty of room for both of us and probably more! lol

Woaaaaaaah.....I'm a "troubadour!" When did that happen? lol

Glennsallnighter
03-02-2008, 06:10 AM
I wish I could have been there.

Holly! Great to 'see' you again. Missed you. Check your mail on R&R will you :wink:

sodascouts
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Yes, welcome back Sweet Holly!

glenneaglesfan
03-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Welcome back, Sweet Holly! We've missed you; where have you been?

I'd love to hear how the chat party went!

Glennsallnighter
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome back, Sweet Holly! We've missed you; where have you been?

I'd love to hear how the chat party went!

As always it was brilliant thanks GEF! We started with Dublin at 11pm and then went on with Texas and then Christchurch. Plenty of hotness to comment on throughout :wink: . I eventually and very reluctantly bowed out at about 4:10am.

My son woke me at 7:25 the following morning. I CAN survive on 3 hrs sleep!!

Freypower
03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Welcome back Holly!

The party went particularly well, I thought. We were all very animated and enjoyed ourselves immensely as ever.

sodascouts
03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Woaaaaaaah.....I'm a "troubadour!" When did that happen? lol

Um.... 300 posts ago. lol

Maleah
03-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Um.... 300 posts ago. lol

I guess I'm not very observant lol :blush: :D

Mrs Frey
03-03-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm glad for all of you who could participate that the Chat Party went so well. I'm very sad that I couldn't join you :cry: - I was feeling ill over the weekend and needed something to cheer me up! I was thinking of you, though.

SH, I'm glad to see you back with us, girl! It's been a long time! I've been thinking of you recently and wondered how you were.

Brooke
03-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Dang! I'm sorry I missed it! When I got home from work, hubby wanted to go out to dinner, so that was it for me! We don't do that too often, so I couldn't turn it down! He wouldn't have been amused if I had! :shock:

03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Glad to hear that you all had a great chat party. Sorry I couldn't join you. Welcome back, SH.

glenneaglesfan
03-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm glad to hear it was fun.

Brooke, how nice to be taken out for a meal by your hubby. They can be sweet sometimes!

Glennsallnighter
03-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Of course it can! I hope you had a gorgeous meal. Pity about the timing, but he wasn't to know.