PDA

View Full Version : The Woman in Me

Ive always been a dreamer
02-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Joe will make a guest appearance on Celine Dion's special "The Woman in Me" this Friday, February 15th. The program airs on CBS.

glenneaglesfan
02-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the news, dreamer. Once again the plea goes up - can someone record this please? I could even persuade hubby to watch - he likes Celine Dion!

Brooke
02-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Joe is just out and about and all over the place lately, isn't he?! :D

I wonder what he will do? Should be interesting!

JoeFan
02-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, someone please record this, I'm interested to see what he will do .

tbs fanatic
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
:lol: I cannot imagine :? :lol:

tbs fanatic
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
This morning's newspaper had an article about the Celine show and said Joe will be on the song 'Something'. Is that the old Beatles song? I'm guessing he's going to do some instrumental piece in the midst of the song????

Freypower
02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
The thought of Celine Dion singing Something fills me with horror, even if Joe plays the guitar solo. Apologies to fans of her. I cannot listen to that style of singing. Histrionic, melodramatic and empty.

sodascouts
02-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, that special was... interesting. Celine's over-the-top dancers and attempts to strike "Sultry" poses and moves were cringe-worthy, but she has a magnificent voice and seems like a genuinely sweet person.

Apparently the thing with Joe wasn't planned - she found out he was coming to the show with Olivia Harrison (Joe is quite the Beatle compatriot these days) and she wanted to sing a Harrison song as a tribute to George. "Something" is apparently a special song to her, and the first song she taught her son to play on the piano. She asked Joe to accompany her and he agreed, and they worked it up in one afternoon. Pretty cool, huh?

And he looks GREAT.

Maleah
02-16-2008, 01:55 AM
That's very cool Nancy! What a great guy Joe is! :D

I'm actually a fan of Celine's. As you said...she seems like a truly sweet, genuine person............and she has an unbelievably powerful voice! Wish I could have seen the special!

DonFan
02-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I watched the special last night and Joe really was wonderful. He looked great all in black, and it is a testimony to his talent that he can be plucked virtually from the audience and play flawlessly on any song you choose. I didn't really think "Something" was suited to Celine's voice, particularly, but it sounded fine and Joe's guitar work was the highlight. He never said a word, but he hammed it up a little as he was leaving the stage, acting like he was going to throw his guitar into the crowd, who roared their approval.

tbs fanatic
02-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Dang, I missed it. Now to try and track it down. What is it with Joe and The Beatles lately?

sodascouts
02-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks, YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTIuXQ6EmAE

DonFan
02-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Great find! They cut it off in the middle of Joe's bow, though.

When they show Olivia Harrison in the audience, the woman on the right behind her is Joe’s current girlfriend Marjorie--the sister of Ringo Starr’s wife--and I think the younger girl on the other side is Lucy Walsh.

Gee, if Joe marries Marjorie, that would be linking the two greatest bands in history (IMHO)—the Beatles and the Eagles!

sodascouts
02-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Great find! They cut it off in the middle of Joe's bow, though.

When they show Olivia Harrison in the audience, the woman on the right behind her is Joe’s current girlfriend Marjorie--the sister of Ringo Starr’s wife--and I think the younger girl on the other side is Lucy Walsh.

Gee, if Joe marries Marjorie, that would be linking the two greatest bands in history (IMHO)—the Beatles and the Eagles!

What is it about Beatle wife sisters and great bands? While Pattie Boyd was married to George Harrison, her sister was married to Mick Fleetwood!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I got the entire thing on tape, including the ending where Joe is clowning with the audience and when Celine walks down and kisses Olivia Harrison. I thought it was a very touching performance, and it looked liked Olivia was very moved.

Personally, I'm not crazy about all of Celine's music, but I think she has an amazing voice, and there are several of her songs that I like a lot.

I also got the shots of Joe in the audience at the Grammy's on the same tape. I'll send the tape to Soda so she can put them up on the site.

Brooke
02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I caught the show, too. I'm not a fan of Celine, but she does have a wonderful voice.

That's great that Joe was willing to do this with her. He appeared very humble on stage. I loved his hamming it up on the way off, too. He looked fantastic!

I thought the woman behind Olivia was his current flame. Thanks for confirming that DF.

EasyFeeling
02-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Great song and performance! :D I'm also not a big fan of Celine but her voice is wonderful. And Joe looks great. I'm looking forward to watch the entire video. :D Thanks Soda and Dreamer.

tbs fanatic
02-17-2008, 02:44 PM
That was great. If you go to the second video on the list of Celine and Joe you do catch the end where he goofs around. Joe has been looking really great lately - Marjorie must be good for him. :D

Mrs Frey
04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I seem to have a lot more time for The Border these days, so I'm catching up with threads that I didn't have the pleasure of reading through before.

I can kick myself about not making a point of reading this thread - the show was finally screened in South Africa on our pay channel, M*NET, last Thursday night and again yesterday afternoon. I didn't catch it on Thursday night as I'm not a Celine Dion fan and I was otherwise occupied. Little did I realise that Joe was on the show too - boy, would I have broken my legs to watch if I'd known!

Well, the surprise came yesterday. When I heard the repeat was on, I decided to have a look, and then it was announced that Joe was to perform "Something" - I just squealed with excitement! It was a particularly emotional moment for me - I didn't even consider how well the song would suit (or not suit) Celine's voice. All I cared about was hearing Joe play the famous guitar accompaniment. Joe Walsh plays George Harrison - it doesn't get more emotional for me than that. One of my two favourite guitarists paying tribute to the other.

Given that Joe agreed to the performance on the last minute and played so flawlessly is testimony to his greatness. I nearly cried watching him. He looked so handsome too! :smitten: I can't even recall Celine's vocal! :blush:

I enjoyed Joe's clowning at the end of the show. It was a lovely moment went Celine went to hug Olivia Harrison - she seemed so pleased with Joe's rendering of George's genius during the solo. I got a little jealous when Celine hugged Joe! :blush:

I was upset that I didn't have a cassette to record the show, but now I see that it's on YouTube! Thanks for the link, Soda! :D

sodascouts
04-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Dreamer has also recorded this for us - I've been meaning to get it up for download. I'll do so this week!

Mrs Frey
04-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Thanks so much, Soda! Boy, did that performance make me happy! :D :D