PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake in Great Britain

katherine5832
02-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Did any of you across the pond feel the earthquake that hit while you were sleeping? I just saw this report on the Internet. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23360175/

Now if this had happened a few week from now, I would've just figured the Eagles had made some of you think that the earth moved under your feet.

Seriously, I hope all is well over there!

glenneaglesfan
02-27-2008, 04:32 AM
That's interesting, katherine. Down here in the south west we didn't feel anything, but I've just mentioned it to my son, and he got a text last night from his girlfriend to say her sister in Leeds had felt it. Luckily, it looks as if no major damage has been done.

Last week, husband noticed our house rattling. He thought it might have been an earthquake, but there was nothing mentioned on an up to date quakewatch site so we concluded that it must have been blasting at the local china clay quarry.

Mrs Frey
02-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Oh my goodness, Katherine. I certainly hope no serious damage was done. I got such a fright when I saw your thread, so I'm relieved that you and GEF are fine.

glenneaglesfan
02-27-2008, 04:36 AM
That's interesting, katherine. Down here in the south west we didn't feel anything, but I've just mentioned it to my son, and he got a text last night from his girlfriend to say her sister in Leeds had felt it. Luckily, it looks as if no major damage has been done.

Last week, husband noticed our house rattling. He thought it might have been an earthquake, but there was nothing mentioned on an up to date quakewatch site so we concluded that it must have been blasting at the local china clay quarry.

Now if this had happened a few week from now, I would've just figured the Eagles had made some of you think that the earth moved under your feet.
:lol: So true!

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2008, 05:48 AM
GEF I thought of you the minute I heard about it in the news this morning. I'm glad you and yours are all ok. :D

Katherine! You are so right! :wink:

tbs fanatic
02-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I just read about that too. :shock: I heard something about Leicester - was that where it was centered?

EasyFeeling
02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
I just read about that too. :shock: I heard something about Leicester - was that where it was centered?

I think so because a member of the Keith board lives there and today he posted he felt the rumbling and the whole place shook from side to side and made him lose the balance, he really was scared. His whole house moved. :shock: Lots of car alarms going off. He's ok but need to check any structural damage now. 5.3 on the Richter Scale and it lasted 10 seconds.

I'm glad our UK friends here are ok.

sodascouts
02-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Wow, how scary! I'm also glad to hear everyone's OK.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh my - this is scary, but I, too, am so glad there are no injuries.

rcknalwys
03-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Before moving to tornado alley(Oklahoma and now Tennessee), I lived in California and we had a lot of quakes there, so I know how scary and devastating they can be. I'm so thankful to know none of our friends here have been affected.