PDA

View Full Version : Eagles nominated for Academy of Country Music Award

Maleah
03-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Just saw on CMT.com that the guys were nominated for the Academy of Country Music Awards "Top Vocal Group of the Year" against such artists as Rascal Flatts, Diamond Rio, Emerson Drive, and Little Big Town. If they don't get it something's wrong :shock:

Top Vocal Group
Diamond Rio
The Eagles
Emerson Drive
Little Big Town
Rascal Flatts

Also, for the first time the fans will be voting for the Entertainer of the Year (hint hint EF! Keith is nominated! :D )

Entertainer of the Year
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
Rascal Flatts
George Strait
Keith Urban

DonFan
03-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Congrats to the Eagles! I certainly hope they win! :yay:

EasyFeeling
03-05-2008, 03:40 AM
:yay: :D :D Congrats to my two favorites in the music world. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/d012.gif
You're right Maleah, if they don't get it :shock: , same for Keith.

Mrs Frey
03-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks for sharing that news with us, Maleah. SURELY the Eagles HAVE to win this award. Vocally, there just aren't ANY acts to touch them! :nod:

tbs fanatic
03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
That is so cool :D How can they not win this one?

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Absolutely! There's no comparison between our boys and the other nominees!

I really hope they pull it off!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Aww - the nominations just keep piling up as well they should. IMHO - this is NO CONTEST! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Perfect Little Sister
03-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I, too, am pulling for the boys. I just feel I have to mention that while we all know Eagles is the most talented ergo the most deserving of this win, country music fans will feel that this is some outsider trying to come in and take an award that rightfully belongs to Rascal Flatts. (or whichever is their fave) I sure hope our guys get the win.

glenneaglesfan
03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for that, Maleah. I hope the guys win. To be honest I've never heard anything by Rascall Flatts, and yet he's one of the highest selling artists in the US. I don't think country has such a high profile over here - Johnny Cash, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton are about as far as it goes!

EF, I hope Keith wins his award too!

samo
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
They have got to win.....there is no 2 ways about it.....they're the best. :!: :!:

DonFan
03-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Head over to the band's official site--you may be able to win two tickets to the CMTs:

March 30, 2008 – Win CMT Music Awards Tickets
Eagles are giving you a chance to win a pair of floor tickets for the CMT Music Awards 2008. Click here for more details and to enter the contest.
The CMT Music Awards are Live from Nashville - Monday, April 14th 8/7c.

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for that info, DF, but I can only dream. :cry:

Brooke
03-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks, DF. I sure I won't win, but SOMEBODY has to! :D