PDA

View Full Version : Eagles to take Hotel California on the road in 2020

CAinOH
10-08-2019, 08:48 AM
According to Billboard: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/8532414/eagles-hotel-california-2020-tour?fbclid=IwAR1cmaohRfbDr4qsNxKEXke3v4CGgbpl8I0l BFG4W_fKsl2nZdFd2A-NKw8

Following a sold-out trial run in Las Vegas, Eagles will take Hotel California on the road in 2020.

The iconic rock group — billed as Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Deacon Frey and Vince Gill — performed its classic 1976 album, Hotel California, in its entirety for the first time Sept. 27 at MGM Grand Garden Arena with a 46-piece orchestra and 22-member choir, followed by a greatest hits set after a brief intermission. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees repeated the evening Sept. 28 and Oct. 5.

Starting in February, the multiple Grammy winners will travel to Atlanta, New York, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco and Los Angeles with Hotel California, complete with orchestra and choir, and a greatest hits second half.

Tickets for the 12 concerts go on sale beginning Oct.18 via Ticketmaster.com.

“Hotel California” 2020 Tour Dates:

Feb. 7-8 -- Atlanta, State Farm Arena
Feb. 14-15 -- New York, Madison Square Garden
Feb. 29-March 1 -- Dallas, American Airlines Center
March 6-7 -- Houston, Toyota Center
April 11-12 -- San Francisco, Chase Center
April 17-18 -- Inglewood, Calif., The Forum

And... it does look like Deacon will join them.

CAinOH
10-08-2019, 09:13 AM
The tour just went up on the web site (wasn't there when I posted the Billboard article).

https://www.eagles.com/

KingWalsh
10-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Wow....frustrated cuz I missed them last go round and hubby wont go to MSG (closest venue) and really was hoping for a solo Joe tour 😕

New Kid In Town
10-08-2019, 12:43 PM
The tour just went up on the web site (wasn't there when I posted the Billboard article).

Well, you know this was going to happen. So much for Deacon not touring with them after the Vegas shows.
CA - Hi - how are you ? It also came up on my FB account too. Based on the Vegas prices I expect tickets prices to be through the roof, especially MSG.

CAinOH
10-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Well, you know this was going to happen. So much for Deacon not touring with them after the Vegas shows.
CA - Hi - how are you ? It also came up on my FB account too. Based on the Vegas prices I expect tickets prices to be through the roof, especially MSG.

Doing fine. Work has just switched into crazy mode and will be that way for the next month... but, so far, so good.

The venues are up on Ticketmaster, but there's no prices for the tickets yet. It will be interesting to see how much they're charging.

Brooke
10-08-2019, 01:32 PM
I just saw that too! Of course, we pretty much expected it to happen. :rolleyes:

Guess that was just a rumor about Deacon quitting.

CAinOH
10-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Don Henley may be hinting this is the last tour:
https://kbgo.iheart.com/featured/big-95-morning-show/content/2019-10-08-eagles-hotel-california-tour-coming-in-2020/?fbclid=IwAR3prOlGV_3Q36JHPkpLqgNhs9saHIdHly_NVpnC Pn82simaXxF5SfcPwVU#.XZzE0aeP1K8.facebook

Don Henley talked about the Eagles doing their Hotel California tour in six cities and possibly extending it beyond that:

"If that goes well I'm sure that our management team will be adding some more. You know, I mean I've said this before, but I'll say it again -- I think the band is nearing the end of its run. I'm 72 years old now. I've got a lot of aches and pains. I've got a grandson that I would like to spend some time with. I'd like to see my children more than I do. So, 2020 sounds like a nice round number, and, you know, I don't know if we can top this show. I don't what we'd do after this. Using a baseball terminology we are definitely in extra innings and we're grateful."

WalshFan88
10-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Brooke - Deacon himself did come out and say prior to the Vegas run of shows that this (Vegas) would be his last stop. So either he was coerced with $, or we can no longer trust what he says like Uncle Don.

CAinOH - LOL! Don needs to just STOP with his empty promises. This will be our last. This one. No, I REALLY mean it this time, come see us NOW. Just stop Don. I think he just does it to sell tickets to a show that hasn't done as well as the real deal with Glenn. And now with the whole social media thing Deacon and Otis are doing, they are using a bag of tricks to try to get people to show up to this abomination of a tour.

sodascouts
10-09-2019, 01:57 AM
Brooke - Deacon himself did come out and say prior to the Vegas run of shows that this (Vegas) would be his last stop. So either he was coerced with $, or we can no longer trust what he says like Uncle Don.

CAinOH - LOL! Don needs to just STOP with his empty promises. This will be our last. This one. No, I REALLY mean it this time, come see us NOW. Just stop Don. I think he just does it to sell tickets to a show that hasn't done as well as the real deal with Glenn. And now with the whole social media thing Deacon and Otis are doing, they are using a bag of tricks to try to get people to show up to this abomination of a tour.

I had a feeling that if the money train was going to keep chugging, Deacon would stay aboard. There are very few people able to leave that kind of money on the table. I just don't understand why Don - and now Deacon - have zero compunction about making these kind of statements when obviously they have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Could it really be as simple as "keep people thinking it might end soon so they keep buying those tickets"? We're going on Year 3.... come on.

So only two people on the stage actually appeared on the HC album, but I bet most of the people that go to the shows don't even know that. Those that do realize it don't mind. If Vegas is an indicator, the tickets will sell.

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 02:46 AM
I had a feeling that if the money train was going to keep chugging, Deacon would stay aboard. Glenn could leave money on the table, but there are not many people like Glenn. I just don't understand why Don - and now Deacon - have zero compunction about making these kind of statements when obviously they have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Could it really be as simple as "keep people thinking it might end soon so they keep buying those tickets"? We're going on Year 3.... come on.

So only two people on the stage actually appeared on the HC album, but I bet most of the people that go to the shows don't even know that. Those that do realize it don't mind. If Vegas is an indicator, the tickets will sell.

I agree. I think it's ridiculous that in Year 3 of 3.0, that he still needs to resort to desperation tactics to try to make sure the cash cow/money train doesn't go away. Does he not realize he's set for life?!

I think the main reason Vegas sold well was because it was held in Vegas with the whole tourism thing and the Vegas experience with gambling, food, nice hotels, etc with a whole VIP thing around it - and the fact they were going to play HC from top to bottom. With only two HC-era members, mind you (as you said). I don't think their normal touring prior to Vegas has done as well in terms of numbers. HOTE and even LROOE were huge tours by comparison. I think that Don has nothing to worry about, but I don't think Don believes that. I think he's just trying everything in the book to have some job security and is probably more paranoid than he needs to be at this point. And even if the tour flops (which IMO it should, but c'est la vie), it's not like the man is going to end up on the streets busking for money for food. I mean come on!

And now Deacon is following Don's lead, either by his own accord or by Uncle Don's "influence". Regardless, it reflects poorly on Deacon to do that. I was really looking forward to him moving on and getting a job/career of his own and starting over and pursue what HE wants to do, if it's music I highly doubt it's classic rock or country music. From what I've heard, it's more in the hiphop world. Not a fan of that music or culture, but I'd still support him just for going out and trudging his own new path and finally getting some independence and creating a name for himself. It's IMO not healthy to try to take the place of a parent.

One thing's for sure. I will no longer get my hopes up for them wrapping it up. And at some point I will just lose interest in all of them besides the 70s output I know and love. I would love to see Don Henley solo, but that won't happen because he's making too much money being an "Eagle". I think at this point I'm just so dismayed with everyone in that camp that it sours my feelings on them as people, which does suck. I try to keep it from affecting my love for their music, and so far I've been able to. But I can't in good faith support the current members from here on out with new stuff. It just has really disappointed me. Oh well.

chaim
10-09-2019, 05:37 AM
Seems to me that the only hesitation there may have been at some point was only concern for what people might think. "Oh you think this is ok? Well good, 'cause so do we actually. We weren't sure about you."

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 07:06 AM
Seems to me that the only hesitation there may have been at some point was only concern for what people might think. "Oh you think this is ok? Well good, 'cause so do we actually. We weren't sure about you."

Oh, 110% Chaim. You are spot freaking on. It was never "should we do this?!". It was always a matter of "can we do this and pull the wool over the eyes of some who might buy our tickets?". It wasn't about doing the right thing or about how it would look or about how wrong it was to do it. It was "if we can put butts in seats, we are doing it shamelessly and screw the (potentially hardcore) fans who happen to not like it!".

You hit the nail on the proverbial head and absolutely IMO captured the essence of their attitude about it. "Well we think it's more than ok, so the fact that some of you will pay us regardless of who is up there or not is just a bonus". The nerve, I tell you! I'll give ol' Henley credit. He's got intestinal fortitude. It's for all the wrong reasons, but I won't take that away from him. Nothing seems to stop him from doing what he sets out to do, for whatever reason. Good, bad, or indifferent. Morals or no morals. Thought out or impulsively. He's going to do it and to hell with the naysayers as long as there are a part of the fanbase that will show up. I think he's pretty sharp and I think even he knows that it just looks desperate to make these "come see us now before you can't anymore" statements year after year. Again, I give him props for at least sticking to his guns. He might be wishy-washy with what he says, but he is more than consistent with his actions. Actions speak louder than words Don. But I think it is in fact time for him to give up trying to fool people into thinking that it's their last hoorah. Just own it Don. Say yep this is us - we don't care that Glenn is not in the band, we don't care about what some fans think, we are going to do this and if there is 1 ticket sold, then I'm affirmed and I must be in the right, right?! This is us and we will tour until we're decrepit. I wish that it would have backfired on him. It hasn't been as lucrative as the tours in recent years with Glenn, but they are still unfortunately at least selling some tickets. Other than Vegas, no real selling out every venue, but there has been more people going to these Eagles-lite shows than I would like, honestly.

All that being said, he doesn't need to try to make statements about their impending retirement anymore. It will happen only because Don physically or mentally cannot perform anymore. And I don't mean just to a high standard. I mean as long as he can be up there and going through the motions, he will continue to do so and some fans who aren't bothered by it all will probably come. It may not be a lot, but I think at this point something is everything to Don and Co. And if Deacon is rethinking his decision to stop touring with 3.0, he's probably being handsomely rewarded too for his participation. Probably IMO even more than Vince Gill, even though Vince is more experienced. I think Vince just does it because it's just another gig, another paycheck, and another way for him to get exposure to people who may not be country folk. Even at his age, the more exposure you can get for your music and your artistry, the better. I'm sure he's eating it up. Still, it's just disappointing. I guess if there was a word to describe my thoughts on everything 3.0 it would be disappointed. But there is a spectrum of disappointment I think. Just saying I'm disappointed is like saying water is just a little wet. I feel I have to follow it up by saying I'm extremely disappointed at the furthest end of the disappointment spectrum. 10 out of 10 level disappointment. With all of them. Don, Joe, Tim, etc. And I'm disappointed in Deacon, to a lesser degree, but I feel like this was a wrong choice to not break free from the Eagles and try to forge your own destiny and perhaps do something that can actually be considered in the ballpark of greatness as to what your Dad did. It would be unlikely, but in his own venture he wouldn't have anything but my full support regardless of my taste in music or art or whatever he might choose to do with his young life. I'm not disappointed with Vince. Vince just took an easy opportunity and banked on it. It still upsets me when he did those interviews where he seemed all too giddy to try to take the place of an "old friend", but really he's just doing what's best for Vince Gill. That's all.

KingWalsh
10-09-2019, 07:13 AM
I never got to see them live in any aspect. Life interfered in some way or another,work, kids, and ticket prices etc. I would have loved to see them with Glenn and I kick myself all the time. Its becoming a reality that I never will.....Just watch on tv and have the best seat i guess ....told the kids don't make the same mistakes I did, you want to see a band in concert make it happen, you'll regret not going. 😞

Delilah
10-09-2019, 10:02 AM

This was announced on the radio yesterday. The two Houston shows were called a “Houston residency” which I thought was kind of funny.

Not sure if I want to go yet. I am tempted to hear them perform TALA because it’s been so rare and hearing the whole HC album in sequence is also pretty special. At least the Houston concert will not be at Minute Maid Park. Hopefully they won’t charge Las Vegas prices.

Delilah
10-09-2019, 10:17 AM

There was hesitation about that at the beginning...but now it seems any hesitation they may have is based on whether or not there is still an audience who wants to hear their music. Since the answer continues to be “yes” they keep keeping on. At this point it looks like age or health will be the deciding factor for when they stop completely.

It’s nice to hear Henley talk about spending time with his grandson. That does help put some of this on-going touring stuff into perspective, given what happened to Tom Petty.

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2019, 11:14 AM
I think words are being put in Henley’s mouth. I could be wrong but since the classic concerts, I don’t think he ever said it was the end. He just said it’s near the end and he doesn’t really know what’s going to happen. They are wait and see mode at this point. I don’t think it’s fair at all to think deacon and Otis are onto to some evil tricks now to promote the tour. The tour doesn’t need promoting and not many people are seeing Otis and deacons post. Most eagles fans aren’t tuned into what they are saying. Unless you are on here or follow their accounts, you wouldn’t know about it. That’s not many people and barely any are attending the concerts. I can understand not liking don and his ways, but it’s an insult to Glenn’s parenting in my opinion to insinuate they would do that. I don’t really see this recent tour extension as anything different. Since they went again they’ve at every step of the way, done the same thing. Do a couple test shows, see the market and then take it out to the country. This band doesn’t need or rely on tricks to get people to show up. From my experience I think they sound good and the people that show up think so too. I don’t think it’s fair to say the band is doing this at the expense of their performance. They don’t sound as good as they did 20 years ago but that’s true of every band and I think the current show is up to their standards. I understand the concern about not having many or the crucial members of a lineup. The fact of the matter is though, if Glenn were still around and he did this, they wouldn’t be much further along. NKIT would be more legitimate but the backup vocals would still be off and the lead guitar parts from Felder wouldn’t be his. I don’t think Glenn’s absence outside of NKIT, is really a difference maker. I don’t see the eagles continuation with a key member as being particularly unique and it’s quite common on the rock scene. Both now and in the past. I’m not trying to bring up old conversations but I feel with new updates warrants more conversation

Delilah
10-09-2019, 12:06 PM
I think words are being put in Henley’s mouth. I could be wrong but since the classic concerts, I don’t think he ever said it was the end. He just said it’s near the end and he doesn’t really know what’s going to happen. They are wait and see mode at this point. I don’t think it’s fair at all to think deacon and Otis are onto to some evil tricks now to promote the tour. The tour doesn’t need promoting and not many people are seeing Otis and deacons post. Most eagles fans aren’t tuned into what they are saying. Unless you are on here or follow their accounts, you wouldn’t know about it. That’s not many people and barely any are attending the concerts. I can understand not liking don and his ways, but it’s an insult to Glenn’s parenting in my opinion to insinuate they would do that. I don’t really see this recent tour extension as anything different. Since they went again they’ve at every step of the way, done the same thing. Do a couple test shows, see the market and then take it out to the country. This band doesn’t need or rely on tricks to get people to show up. From my experience I think they sound good and the people that show up think so too. I don’t think it’s fair to say the band is doing this at the expense of their performance. They don’t sound as good as they did 20 years ago but that’s true of every band and I think the current show is up to their standards. I understand the concern about not having many or the crucial members of a lineup. The fact of the matter is though, if Glenn were still around and he did this, they wouldn’t be much further along. NKIT would be more legitimate but the backup vocals would still be off and the lead guitar parts from Felder wouldn’t be his. I don’t think Glenn’s absence outside of NKIT, is really a difference maker. I don’t see the eagles continuation with a key member as being particularly unique and it’s quite common on the rock scene. Both now and in the past. I’m not trying to bring up old conversations but I feel with new updates warrants more conversation

A reasonable, thoughtful post!

It’s not surprising words have been put into Henley’s mouth. That’s been happening for more than 2 years now.

I am dumbfounded someone would actually accuse Deacon and Otis of evil tricks to promote the tour. Really? SMH

New, fresh conversation about the tour and concerts would be welcome.

FreyFollower
10-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Even if they were trying to keep prices down, the cost of touring with such a production (46 piece orchestra and 22 member choir) will be tremendous. Although plenty would like to go, I wonder if there will be enough people, (especially in cities where they have been recently), who can justify paying what these tickets will have to cost. What people are willing to spend in Vegas for what they believe is a one time event is not the same.

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 02:04 PM

I’m on the road so I don’t have time to fully respond.

But let’s get something very straight right now. You are accusing me of putting words in Don’s mouth.

And you have the gall to say I said “evil tricks” were being used by Deacon and Otis. You better read my post more carefully next time before you make another mistake. I said bag of tricks. Evil wasn’t a word I used in my entire post. You called it evil.

If you are going to cast stones, you better be not guilty of the same thing or it’s highly hypocritical!

I will respond to this post in full later. But this infuriated me and I wanted to clear it up PDQ.

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2019, 02:27 PM
I’m on the road so I don’t have time to fully respond.

But let’s get something very straight right now. You are accusing me of putting words in Don’s mouth.

And you have the gall to say I said “evil tricks” were being used by Deacon and Otis. You better read my post more carefully next time before you make another mistake. I said bag of tricks. Evil wasn’t a word I used in my entire post. You called it evil.

If you are going to cast stones, you better be not guilty of the same thing or it’s highly hypocritical!

I will respond to this post in full later. But this infuriated me and I wanted to clear it up PDQ.

I apologize for using the word evil. In my opinion if they had done that it would have been shameful behavior so I just used evil mindlessly to describe it. I view tricking the public as pretty bad so it wasn’t a huge step in my mind. I understand how it could and does mischaracterize what you said.

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 03:00 PM
I apologize for using the word evil. In my opinion if they had done that it would have been shameful behavior so I just used evil mindlessly to describe it. I view tricking the public as pretty bad so it wasn’t a huge step in my mind. I understand how it could and does mischaracterize what you said.

Thank you, YEF. It just upsets me when someone chastises me for supposedly doing something and then they follow it up by doing the same exact thing I was being chastised for. Apology accepted. When I get home later tonight I’ll address your post in full.

Brooke
10-09-2019, 03:52 PM
All I can say is money talks, even to millionaires evidently! I guess Don needs to put some away for that grandson! As if he isn't already set for life! :rolleyes:

Deacon might want some for himself, but I'm sure Glenn took good care of his kids already too!

Delilah
10-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Even if they were trying to keep prices down, the cost of touring with such a production (46 piece orchestra and 22 member choir) will be tremendous. Although plenty would like to go, I wonder if there will be enough people, (especially in cities where they have been recently), who can justify paying what these tickets will have to cost. What people are willing to spend in Vegas for what they believe is a one time event is not the same.

Ticket prices are one reason I am not sure about going. Just have wait and see until October 18, I suppose. Maybe as a gesture to the fans, Henley and Co. will stipulate that the prices be in line with previous tours, despite the increased production costs.

By the time they play in Houston again, it will be almost two years since they have performed here. Previously they played at Minute Maid Stadium, the next time will be Toyota Center, which is an arena. It looks like they are scaling down the venues, although they are playing 2 nights at each.

Delilah
10-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Thank you for explaining this, although it is still sad that accusations of trickery are being lobbed at Glenn’s sons, if that is indeed the case.

sodascouts
10-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Maybe as a gesture to the fans, Henley and Co. will stipulate that the prices be in line with previous tours, despite the increased production costs.

Anyone want to take a bet on the likelihood of this happening?

CAinOH
10-09-2019, 05:32 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... er, you weren't serious, were you? ;)

Delilah
10-09-2019, 05:51 PM

One can dream...:-)

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Thank you, YEF. It just upsets me when someone chastises me for supposedly doing something and then they follow it up by doing the same exact thing I was being chastised for. Apology accepted. When I get home later tonight I’ll address your post in full.

It’s a fair criticism, I didn’t mean to make it seem like I was angry or anything, I just thought what Don was saying had been misconstrued. Unless he made statement I wasn’t aware of, which is possible

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 09:40 PM
I think words are being put in Henley’s mouth. I could be wrong but since the classic concerts, I don’t think he ever said it was the end. He just said it’s near the end and he doesn’t really know what’s going to happen. They are wait and see mode at this point.

Henley's history with what he says and does is shaky at best, honestly. He keeps saying it could be their last. Even in the recent interview he alluded to the fact that even he knows he keeps saying it. So he's cognizant of the fact he keeps using that as leverage, for what - who cares. He has never come out and said this will be it. He's never pulled a Motley Crue and signed a legal document forbidding the band from playing after this tour. Every time it comes time to promote a tour, or a residency he always makes some people feel like "this must be it". Chasing his tail!

I don’t think it’s fair at all to think deacon and Otis are onto to some evil tricks now to promote the tour. The tour doesn’t need promoting and not many people are seeing Otis and deacons post. Most eagles fans aren’t tuned into what they are saying. Unless you are on here or follow their accounts, you wouldn’t know about it. That’s not many people and barely any are attending the concerts. I can understand not liking don and his ways, but it’s an insult to Glenn’s parenting in my opinion to insinuate they would do that.

I've already straightened out the evil tricks insinuation, but I'll just say I've never used the word evil to describe Deacon or Otis's actions. I DO think it's rather interesting at best, if not laughable at worst that those two are so active on social media. Maybe you aren't in the loop, but people DO follow Otis on IG now. If you happen to be on Facebook, almost every Eagles group has screenshots from Otis' (and Deacon's) IG stories where Otis is interacting with fans, doing Q&A's about the tour, and trying like hell to bring more people into the fold. I think you might be surprised just how much this influence can have on those who are of the age that are familiar with social media and technology. Not only with just young millennial fans, but with people in their 40s/50s who happen to love social networking as well. Otis doesn't have an official title yet, but as far as I'm concerned, he's like their PR meets promotional assistant now. Recently in one of the Eagles groups, a group went to see the new Eagles in Vegas, saw Otis after the show, talked to him, and he ended up going to lunch the next day with them. There was pics to prove it. If you want to know the name of the FB group, PM me and I'll gladly send you the link. It's a nice gesture of Otis, but he's actually doing a lot for them to try to stay relevant. As far as Glenn's parenting, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that I'm somehow knocking it. I just think that Deacon didn't make the best of decisions when he saw what was on the table.

I don’t really see this recent tour extension as anything different. Since they went again they’ve at every step of the way, done the same thing. Do a couple test shows, see the market and then take it out to the country. This band doesn’t need or rely on tricks to get people to show up. From my experience I think they sound good and the people that show up think so too. I don’t think it’s fair to say the band is doing this at the expense of their performance. They don’t sound as good as they did 20 years ago but that’s true of every band and I think the current show is up to their standards.

I actually agree with the first part of this comment. But, it's more of the same and yes - a Glenn-less Eagles is no Eagles to me. Especially even more so to someone who thinks at times that Glenn WAS the Eagles. Obviously I'm probably alone in that or with a very small minority. But even the GF fans who aren't as extreme with their bias as I am still agree that Glenn was too important to the band to replace or move on without him. For me the guy really ran the show. Everyone loves Don's vocals. Myself included. But Glenn was a frontman, an entertainer, and a MC. He wore all the hats and he was far more interesting to listen to talk than Don Henley. He was funny, charismatic, and nowhere near as stuffy. There was far less proselytizing with Glenn Frey. For someone like me who isn't religious or philosophical, listening to Don go on and on and listen to his rants is like a root canal. His rant songs were usually passable because I liked the music. I somewhat agree with the fact that it isn't hurting their vocals or music yet in terms of Don or any of the rest's musical ability. But their show isn't in the same stratosphere without Glenn. That's where the standard has really slipped. You can't just take the most important ingredient out of a gumbo and expect it to be 95% as good as the original recipe, can you? IMO no.

I understand the concern about not having many or the crucial members of a lineup. The fact of the matter is though, if Glenn were still around and he did this, they wouldn’t be much further along. NKIT would be more legitimate but the backup vocals would still be off and the lead guitar parts from Felder wouldn’t be his. I don’t think Glenn’s absence outside of NKIT, is really a difference maker. I don’t see the eagles continuation with a key member as being particularly unique and it’s quite common on the rock scene. Both now and in the past. I’m not trying to bring up old conversations but I feel with new updates warrants more conversation.

I agree that it wouldn't be much further along as far as replicating Hotel California front to back, but I'm not talking about playing HC at this point, YEF. I'm talking about them playing as "Eagles', period. As a band, they would be MUCH further along with Glenn. You could add Randy, Bernie, and Felder to the 3.0 band right now, keep everyone that was already there, and all 3 of those former members combined coming back wouldn't have as big of an impact to the band's quality as simply just having Glenn back. :( I know this sounds harsh, but there is a much bigger difference moving on without Frey than moving on without Meisner/Leadon/Felder. There was a legit Eagles without those 3. There is not a legit Eagles without the leader and co-founder. Obviously some here won't agree with me, and that's just fine. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, YEF. I'm not that deluded to think that could ever happen. I'm ok with that!

YEF - I've responded to each point in the original quote. I've bolded my replies for clarity.

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Not only why would you pay such exorbitant prices - why on earth would you pay that much to them to see them as they are now without Glenn? Especially considering that I wouldn't even be able to afford it to the point where I wouldn't feel guilty about paying that much, and that's even if Glenn was still alive! So I surely am not paying it to see a watered down Eagles-lite show. I think that eventually they will be forced to lower their prices. And I think that Henley and/or Irving will do that, but only when push comes to shove and it starts affecting their bottom line. Until then, you gotta pay to play. And I'm sitting this game out!

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 10:10 PM

Now that I'm home and can write more, I wanted to re-respond to this because it touches on something that I'm personally very interested by.

I thought that your take on public trickery was interesting and one of innocence, sensitivity, and care.

I would love to feel that way about matters such as this but in 2019, it is so commonplace to see someone try to trick their fellow human beings to take advantage of them for their own gain. If it isn't your politicians, it's evangelicals, if not them, it's the healthcare situation, if not that, it's the business who's product you are buying, if not them it's your caretakers of the elderly, etc. It seems like snake oil used car salesmen have taken over the ethics and now it's suddenly ok to manipulate others for personal gain. Use and abuse, use and abuse. Me first, forget anyone else. Every man for himself. Stand on you to reach the top. Heck, just watch videos of people being trampled on Black Friday. The day after THANKSGIVING. The day we are supposed to be generous, kind, grateful, give back, etc. In 24 hours we are back at it to get the last TV at Best Buy. They run through the doors like the gates opening at the Kentucky Derby. Tromp, tromp, tromp. Move, move, move. Oh, sorry did I just step on you and brake your leg? Darn. Got my TV! Oh you died? Darn. Still got that shiny new big screen! It's just so wrong. The day after giving thanks we are back to whats best for me and screw everyone else. Humanity is at an all time low and getting worse.

It's sad YEF, but I've become desensitized to it. It's like these horrific shootings and murders. There has been so many in recent times that the shock value is decreased when we hear of it. We all say our prayers and post that we are thinking of whatever city it happens in, and we move on. Only if you were affected by it does it stick with you. We have become desensitized to cruelty, fraud, terrorism, all of it. When we turn on our TV's and hear there has been another mass casualty, we hang our heads for a bit and move on. Or we may just say "Ugh again?!". I remember when 9/11 happened. It was a huge tragedy that was on everyone's minds for a long time even if they weren't affected. On that day we weren't democrats, republicans, atheist, christian, heterosexual, homosexual, white, black. We banded together as people. If you tell someone you miss 9/11 you will be looked at like the devil. I don't miss those feelings and that heartbreak. But I DO miss the feeling that we got back to being people and we put our differences aside and grieved.

I'm so glad that you are still sensitive to that and I commend you for it. You aren't tainted by the world yet. Stay that way. Don't become indifferent to it. Unfortunately for me it has happened so much to me, my family and friends, and the world at large that it just doesn't provoke a big response in me personally anymore. It doesn't shock me or get a huge rise out of me when I hear that someone hurt someone else. And that should never have been the case. You know humanity is in dire times when you aren't surprised to hear of tragedy or that you are unaffected by someone you know getting scammed, used, etc or a shooting.

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 10:11 PM
All I can say is money talks, even to millionaires evidently! I guess Don needs to put some away for that grandson! As if he isn't already set for life! :rolleyes:

Deacon might want some for himself, but I'm sure Glenn took good care of his kids already too!

That's my position on it too Brooke.

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 10:14 PM

The likelihood of that happening is likely to happen when Don Henley finds his morals. Not gonna happen.

I think they will lower ticket prices when that's the only way to sell tickets.

If you got the money, they got the time. And when it starts looking bad on paper to Irving, they might change their tune.

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 10:15 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... er, you weren't serious, were you? ;)

I got a chuckle too, CA. :grin:

WalshFan88
10-09-2019, 10:16 PM
It’s a fair criticism, I didn’t mean to make it seem like I was angry or anything, I just thought what Don was saying had been misconstrued. Unless he made statement I wasn’t aware of, which is possible

I tried to explain it better in my big response to your original post.

And as I said, apology accepted.

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2019, 11:00 PM
I thought your response was thoughtful and fair Walshfan. I don’t really see much of a need to respond as either you made points I agreed with or I felt that the difference in opinion was a value or philosophy difference in which case responding to it doesn’t usually lead to much.

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2019, 11:06 PM
Now that I'm home and can write more, I wanted to re-respond to this because it touches on something that I'm personally very interested by.

I thought that your take on public trickery was interesting and one of innocence, sensitivity, and care.

I would love to feel that way about matters such as this but in 2019, it is so commonplace to see someone try to trick their fellow human beings to take advantage of them for their own gain. If it isn't your politicians, it's evangelicals, if not them, it's the healthcare situation, if not that, it's the business who's product you are buying, if not them it's your caretakers of the elderly, etc. It seems like snake oil used car salesmen have taken over the ethics and now it's suddenly ok to manipulate others for personal gain. Use and abuse, use and abuse. Me first, forget anyone else. Every man for himself. Stand on you to reach the top. Heck, just watch videos of people being trampled on Black Friday. The day after THANKSGIVING. The day we are supposed to be generous, kind, grateful, give back, etc. In 24 hours we are back at it to get the last TV at Best Buy. They run through the doors like the gates opening at the Kentucky Derby. Tromp, tromp, tromp. Move, move, move. Oh, sorry did I just step on you and brake your leg? Darn. Got my TV! Oh you died? Darn. Still got that shiny new big screen! It's just so wrong. The day after giving thanks we are back to whats best for me and screw everyone else. Humanity is at an all time low and getting worse.

It's sad YEF, but I've become desensitized to it. It's like these horrific shootings and murders. There has been so many in recent times that the shock value is decreased when we hear of it. We all say our prayers and post that we are thinking of whatever city it happens in, and we move on. Only if you were affected by it does it stick with you. We have become desensitized to cruelty, fraud, terrorism, all of it. When we turn on our TV's and hear there has been another mass casualty, we hang our heads for a bit and move on. Or we may just say "Ugh again?!". I remember when 9/11 happened. It was a huge tragedy that was on everyone's minds for a long time even if they weren't affected. On that day we weren't democrats, republicans, atheist, christian, heterosexual, homosexual, white, black. We banded together as people. If you tell someone you miss 9/11 you will be looked at like the devil. I don't miss those feelings and that heartbreak. But I DO miss the feeling that we got back to being people and we put our differences aside and grieved.

I'm so glad that you are still sensitive to that and I commend you for it. You aren't tainted by the world yet. Stay that way. Don't become indifferent to it. Unfortunately for me it has happened so much to me, my family and friends, and the world at large that it just doesn't provoke a big response in me personally anymore. It doesn't shock me or get a huge rise out of me when I hear that someone hurt someone else. And that should never have been the case. You know humanity is in dire times when you aren't surprised to hear of tragedy or that you are unaffected by someone you know getting scammed, used, etc or a shooting.

I totally get where you are coming, I personally don’t try to think about it and kinda just tune it out so I try not to view in that way. I haven’t see as much in my lifetime as you have so I’m sure that’s a factor. To clarify I dont think public trickery is as evil as other things but I it’s not something I would be really okay with so I see it being quite wrong. The world is definitely not where it should or could be unfortunately.

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2019, 11:12 PM
The only thing I would like to clarify is that I see Deacon and Otis as acting in a way they believe to be good. I don’t think they’re poorly intentioned. I could see the argument that they have been mislead or even lied to but I think they genuinely believe they are doing something that’s okay. So when I say the Glenn parenting thing, I just think his standards would be passed on to them and I think he must have failed if they were to not uphold those standards. Though in hindsight, I’m not sure how much he could have prepped them for this situation with all this pressure, fame and wealth. So I’ll concede I could be wrong there but I’m not really sure what they are thinking

chaim
10-10-2019, 01:29 AM
Even if Deacon and Otis did something questionable, I don't think we could say that Glenn did something wrong as a parent. Also, I don't think we can assume that their motives must always be pure, because Glenn was their father. Personally I don't have much of an opinion about their social media actions concerning the Eagles because I haven't witnessed it, but I understand what Austin says about it very well - with the examples he's given.

KingWalsh
10-10-2019, 09:14 AM
In case anyone is interested Jimmy Koplik was on Wplr in CT yesterday discussing the tour. Starts at 13:13, takes a bit to start after hit play, he expects more dates added to cities already announced.

https://www.wplr.com/2019/10/09/podcast-wednesday-october-9-we-talk-with-fotis-dulos-lawyer-norm-pattis/

sodascouts
10-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Even if Deacon and Otis did something questionable, I don't think we could say that Glenn did something wrong as a parent. Also, I don't think we can assume that their motives must always be pure, because Glenn was their father.

Seriously. Deacon will be 30 in a few years.... and we're still talking about his actions in terms of Glenn's parenting??

Niall Horan is the same age as Deacon. If I went to a One Direction board and criticized something Niall has posted on social media, I wonder how many fans would accuse me of maligning the parenting skills of Niall's father? Or talk about how it was such a shame that anyone would criticize the son of Bobby* Horan?

Deacon is a grown man, and he has been for some time. Judge him on his own merits, and by his own actions.

*I looked up his dad's name - thanks Wikipedia

thelastresort
10-10-2019, 05:23 PM
It's a good job that I was sat down when I first read this thread. I didn't see this coming. Not at all. Nope. Completely out the blue. Possibly the biggest shock I've had since discovering the Pope is a Catholic.

Two original members, one of who has practically abandoned every duty other than singing, and the other who spends half the time as one of several dozen rhythm guitarists; backed by an array of Johnny Come Latelys and a choir, despite being renowned for some of the best harmonies in their entire genre. What can I say that I and several others haven't said already a million times or more?

Don Henley has now seen his First Act, Second Act, Third Act and now some baseball analogy as an Eagle. Perhaps to continue to sports metaphors he will one day end up on his seventh or eighth replay like we used to have in football matches over here.

YoungEaglesFan
10-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Just to clarify my Glenn parenting comment a bit more, Deacon is older and he is certainly his own man. However he is taking the role of his father. His interests in music and how to act in my opinion probably stem heavily from his father. His current role is completely tied to his dad, so I feel Glenn’s parenting comes up to play a lot more than other things in his life. He had watched how his dad acted in that role for years and I just felt that if he was to take that role and do something Glenn wouldn’t have done, it would have meant Glenn’s example as a dad must not have been strong enough.Like I said previously, Glenn couldn’t have done everything to prevent his kids from doing bad things because they are individuals with their own decisions, so I backtrack from it a bit but I believe there would definitely be a disconnect between which Glenn was and who his kids are. Also, I believe what deacon and Otis are doing is well intentioned and not meant to trick people. That part is debatable but that’s just my view. I think they value their dad’s legacy and memory a lot. I believe if deacon was to do all this knowing it was a cash grab and that it would diminish his dad’s legacy, it would mean he simply didn’t care about his father as much as one would hope or expect. I wouldn’t say that is Glenn’s fault for that but his character would definitely not be present in his kids. I hope this clears things up.

WalshFan88
10-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Seriously. Deacon will be 30 in a few years.... and we're still talking about his actions in terms of Glenn's parenting??

Niall Horan is the same age as Deacon. If I went to a One Direction board and criticized something Niall has posted on social media, I wonder how many fans would accuse me of maligning the parenting skills of Niall's father? Or talk about how it was such a shame that anyone would criticize the son of Bobby* Horan?

Deacon is a grown man, and he has been for some time. Judge him on his own merits, and by his own actions.

*I looked up his dad's name - thanks Wikipedia

I agree wholeheartedly Soda.

I'm not directing this at YEF as he hasn't said this, but there have been posts here on the Border since 3.0 has happened that Deacon is a "Baby Eagle" and that he somehow needs people to defend him or protect him. That honestly makes me want to gag. He's a grown man for christ sakes! How about saving your energy for a group that needs your activism, advocation, and protection. It certainly isn't a celebrities' son who's decided to try to step in his father's rather large loafers. He's not in some minority or endangered child or animal. If people would dedicate that energy to animals and children in need, that would be great.

To make a direct comparison, Glenn was already participating in 3E parties and living the full on rock and roll lifestyle by Deacon's age. I don't think he needed any mother/father hens protecting him then. So Deacon is no different. Just look at his Instagram. He's very clearly an adult who partakes in adult activities. He doesn't need any protection or guardians. His mother is the only one who needs to worry about that.

WalshFan88
10-12-2019, 08:10 PM
It's a good job that I was sat down when I first read this thread. I didn't see this coming. Not at all. Nope. Completely out the blue. Possibly the biggest shock I've had since discovering the Pope is a Catholic.

Two original members, one of who has practically abandoned every duty other than singing, and the other who spends half the time as one of several dozen rhythm guitarists; backed by an array of Johnny Come Latelys and a choir, despite being renowned for some of the best harmonies in their entire genre. What can I say that I and several others haven't said already a million times or more?

Don Henley has now seen his First Act, Second Act, Third Act and now some baseball analogy as an Eagle. Perhaps to continue to sports metaphors he will one day end up on his seventh or eighth replay like we used to have in football matches over here.

Agreed, TLR.

It's like a football game that goes on and on and on, it gets to be like a broken record. Just someone forfeit and call it good already! I feel the same way about sports. 4x overtime rounds?! Shoot me now.

WalshFan88
10-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Just to clarify my Glenn parenting comment a bit more, Deacon is older and he is certainly his own man. However he is taking the role of his father. His interests in music and how to act in my opinion probably stem heavily from his father. His current role is completely tied to his dad, so I feel Glenn’s parenting comes up to play a lot more than other things in his life. He had watched how his dad acted in that role for years and I just felt that if he was to take that role and do something Glenn wouldn’t have done, it would have meant Glenn’s example as a dad must not have been strong enough.Like I said previously, Glenn couldn’t have done everything to prevent his kids from doing bad things because they are individuals with their own decisions, so I backtrack from it a bit but I believe there would definitely be a disconnect between which Glenn was and who his kids are. Also, I believe what deacon and Otis are doing is well intentioned and not meant to trick people. That part is debatable but that’s just my view. I think they value their dad’s legacy and memory a lot. I believe if deacon was to do all this knowing it was a cash grab and that it would diminish his dad’s legacy, it would mean he simply didn’t care about his father as much as one would hope or expect. I wouldn’t say that is Glenn’s fault for that but his character would definitely not be present in his kids. I hope this clears things up.

There was no way for Glenn to prepare Deacon for taking this on, YEF. At the simplest point - he never thought it would happen. And while it's true Glenn's health was declining, he never felt like he had to get his son ready to take over. And by the time Glenn was very ill, he wasn't going to be preparing Deacon for anything. :( It was a sudden shock. The best parents in the world couldn't prepare him for that. And it was never going to be discussed. It just wasn't something Glenn imagined. And that has been my point from day one. This idea of Deacon taking over after Glenn was never a thought in Glenn's mind. And I don't think Glenn would have wanted that for Deacon. It would have been so hard to try to stand in his shoes. I think Glenn would have known it would not have been easy. Glenn would have just ended the band, IMO.

As far as Deacon's music interests, while I think Glenn's musical talents, guitar, and his career were an influence on Deacon, I think their tastes in music were wildly different. Deacon from everything I've read, seen, and heard was not into classic rock music for himself. He did some shows with his Dad and they did some of that, but Deacon doing what Deacon wanted, it was all about hiphop, rap, EDM, and the type of music that millennials his age listen to. He was more into Drake than The Who. I think Deacon has respect for that music, but it wasn't what he listened to and played in his own time. For awhile he had a Soundcloud where he shared electronic music/hiphop he was working on. It showed that he and his father had very different tastes in music. And although he likely respects the Eagles type of music, I'd have to think it would be a bit boring to play it all of the time. It's not like the Eagles 3.0 band is going to start doing Kendrick Lamar covers (thank god!) at Deacon's request. I think he would probably get tired of it.

I've stated a few times I would support whatever new venture Deacon went in. Even though I cannot stand rap music or that culture, I would buy his album just to support him. Would I listen to it more than once, probably not. Kind of like how I felt about buying Glenn's After Hours album. I bought it to show my support, listened once or twice, and that's it. It's not in my rotation. Jazz/standards music bores me to death.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-13-2019, 11:24 AM
Well - I'm a little behind here, but here are my thoughts, which will surprise no one ...

Although I am so ready for them to call it quits, my disapproval is not so much that the band will continue to tour next year – I fully expected that. My disgust and disappointment is still that they continued to tour at all after Glenn’s death.

Acceptance of bands touring without the core members who created the music responsible for their success is a relatively new phenomenon. The Beatles and Led Zeppelin ceased to exist as functioning bands once the original members were no longer intact. And although there was always discussion and debate about these bands reforming, it was widely accepted and expected that they would not. It took years for Journey to decide to replace Steve Perry and Queen to replace Freddie Mercury - and those bands were in their prime when they lost their frontmen. On the other hand, The Rolling Stones and The Who survived well into the millennium because their core creative forces remained intact. It is indisputable that all remaining Eagles proclaimed the end of the band when Glenn died. You don’t have to look any farther than this site to see that fans overwhelmingly felt the same way. It was just what most everyone expected and assumed, especially since the band was already in the twilight of their career. However, there has definitely been a change in attitudes over past few years as more and more, the public is willing to fork out huge sums of money to see what, IMO, are nothing more than glorified cover bands. Now, I will be the first to say that everyone has a right to spend their hard-earned cash however they want, but, being old school, I’m personally not even remotely interested.

Now, as far as folks here putting words in Don’s mouth, I would love to see some examples of this. Most of the discussion I’ve seen on this board use Don’s own words when launching criticism at him. To be fair, the band has been hinting at quitting at various times since the end of the first Hell Freezes Over tour in the late 90’s. Whether this is a marketing ploy or not is anybody’s guess, but I am inclined to think it is, which is why I always adopted the attitude “I’ll believe it when I see it”. They even joked about it themselves when they named the Farewell I tour and I fell for the line myself. But, everything changed when Glenn died ... or so we thought. Don does often show symptoms of the ‘foot-in-mouth’ disease and, quite honestly, I take much of what he says anymore with a grain of salt. I remember that soon after Glenn’s death, he made a very similar statement about wanting to spend more time with his kids, and then, within a month or so, the Classic East/West shows were announced. I will acknowledge that Don’s flawed and disingenuous attempts at justifying his decisions over the last few years have caused me to question his integrity. With Don, there seems to be a fine line between forthright honesty and deceitful hypocrisy.

New Kid In Town
10-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Well - I'm a little behind here, but here are my thoughts, which will surprise no one ...

Although I am so ready for them to call it quits, my disapproval is not so much that the band will continue to tour next year – I fully expected that. My disgust and disappointment is still that they continued to tour at all after Glenn’s death.

Acceptance of bands touring without the core members who created the music responsible for their success is a relatively new phenomenon. The Beatles and Led Zeppelin ceased to exist as functioning bands once the original members were no longer intact. And although there was always discussion and debate about these bands reforming, it was widely accepted and expected that they would not. It took years for Journey to decide to replace Steve Perry and Queen to replace Freddie Mercury - and those bands were in their prime when they lost their frontmen. On the other hand, The Rolling Stones and The Who survived well into the millennium because their core creative forces remained intact. It is indisputable that all remaining Eagles proclaimed the end of the band when Glenn died. You don’t have to look any farther than this site to see that fans overwhelmingly felt the same way. It was just what most everyone expected and assumed, especially since the band was already in the twilight of their career. However, there has definitely been a change in attitudes over past few years as more and more, the public is willing to fork out huge sums of money to see what, IMO, are nothing more than glorified cover bands. Now, I will be the first to say that everyone has a right to spend their hard-earned cash however they want, but, being old school, I’m personally not even remotely interested.

Now, as far as folks here putting words in Don’s mouth, I would love to see some examples of this. Most of the discussion I’ve seen on this board use Don’s own words when launching criticism at him. To be fair, the band has been hinting at quitting at various times since the end of the first Hell Freezes Over tour in the late 90’s. Whether this is a marketing ploy or not is anybody’s guess, but I am inclined to think it is, which is why I always adopted the attitude “I’ll believe it when I see it”. They even joked about it themselves when they named the Farewell I tour and I fell for the line myself. But, everything changed when Glenn died ... or so we thought. Don does often show symptoms of the ‘foot-in-mouth’ disease and, quite honestly, I take much of what he says anymore with a grain of salt. I remember that soon after Glenn’s death, he made a very similar statement about wanting to spend more time with his kids, and then, within a month or so, the Classic East/West shows were announced. I will acknowledge that Don’s flawed and disingenuous attempts at justifying his decisions over the last few years have caused me to question his integrity. With Don, there seems to be a fine line between forthright honesty and deceitful hypocrisy.

I could not have said it better myself Dreamer !

WalshFan88
10-13-2019, 06:35 PM

Very well stated Dreamer!

I'm glad there are at least some of us who can see right through him. He uses the same lines every time. But hey, it must work - there are people who believe him. Don Henley and integrity is like oil and water.

sodascouts
10-14-2019, 01:47 AM
Well, everyone around here knows how I feel, but I do want to add that I understand that every fan has to make his or her own decision about this.

If someone here does decide to go to one of these shows, I hope they enjoy it.

WalshFan88
10-14-2019, 06:54 AM
Well, everyone around here knows how I feel, but I do want to add that I understand that every fan has to make his or her own decision about this.

If someone here does decide to go to one of these shows, I hope they enjoy it.

Absolutely, Soda!

Bottom line - if they think 3.0/continuing to tour is on the up and up, that's fine. Go see them. But just don't expect me to fall for for what I see as a clear ruse and go along with it just because.

Witchy Woman
10-15-2019, 12:21 AM
I admit, I had considered going, but the prices brought me back to reality very quickly !! I couldn't believe how expensive they were !! Needless to say, I will be happy with my memories of all the times I did see them over many years.

groupie2686
10-15-2019, 12:47 PM
I am not surprised they are still touring after Henley said they weren't. It's possible they were waiting to see how the Vegas shows sold before announcing this. I don't support them continuing without Glenn but at this point I feel kind of checked out from all of this...they're going to do what they're going to do and I don't hold anything against them or people who support this, I hope anyone who goes has a great time. I'm just done.

Brooke
10-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Dreamer, your post was perfect and aligns with my feelings too.

When Glenn passed the band was over for me. I have no desire to see 3.0. It's not the Eagles and never will be again. I have my memories of seeing the real band.

WalshFan88
10-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Dreamer, your post was perfect and aligns with my feelings too.

When Glenn passed the band was over for me. I have no desire to see 3.0. It's not the Eagles and never will be again. I have my memories of seeing the real band.

Amen Brooke.

I have great memories of the concerts I saw (once on the LROOE tour in Chicago, once on the HOTE tour in St. Louis - where you, Molly/Sheryl, and I met).

BillBailey1976
10-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Amen Brooke.

I have great memories of the concerts I saw (once on the LROOE tour in Chicago, once on the HOTE tour in St. Louis - where you, Molly/Sheryl, and I met).

I was blessed to see them twice, once in 95 on HFO and in 13 on HOTE, and those are my 2 favorite concerts ever. I am content with those memories, especially since my wife, who I met in 98 had never seen them, and we got to go together in 2013....great night. they sounded great, and we'll always remember that.

CAinOH
10-22-2019, 11:48 AM
They're expanding the dates and venues... up to 20 concerts on the tour now.

WalshFan88
10-22-2019, 06:52 PM
They're expanding the dates and venues... up to 20 concerts on the tour now.

Color me (not) surprised...

CAinOH
05-01-2020, 03:40 PM
Except for the London dates in August, all other tour dates have been moved to 2021.

https://www.eagles.com/events

KingWalsh
05-02-2020, 03:05 AM
I saw that. I think it’s very wise. Set a precedent. I think everyone is jumping the gun on opening things up again. I had tickets for Fogerty in April, which was rescheduled for September, I am hoping to get a refund even though it’s postponed. What a mess.