PDA

View Full Version : Tim now singing Tequilla Sunrise

BillBailey1976
10-18-2019, 11:09 AM
I wonder if this is the new arrangement, or just a one off?
https://youtu.be/e8-Gmlx30cA

LuvTim
10-18-2019, 11:32 AM
With all due respect, you guys already know that I'm going to say this, but I thought he did a beautiful job with this lovely song. Just a beautiful job.

NightMistBlue
10-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Nice!! He still sounds like a young man when he sings :)

MaryCalifornia
10-18-2019, 02:54 PM
I heard him sing it on a radio show a couple of years ago, as a tribute to Glenn after he died. Did anyone else hear that show? Maybe it's in Tim's threads, I can't remember. I'll bet the Vegas audience was surprised when he was the one who stepped up to the mike, sounds like he got a nice little cheer. I wonder if he gets nervous...

LuvTim
10-18-2019, 03:47 PM
Nice!! He still sounds like a young man when he sings :)
Hi, NMB!
:inlove: Yes, he does!

LuvTim
10-18-2019, 03:47 PM
I heard him sing it on a radio show a couple of years ago, as a tribute to Glenn after he died. Did anyone else hear that show? Maybe it's in Tim's threads, I can't remember. I'll bet the Vegas audience was surprised when he was the one who stepped up to the mike, sounds like he got a nice little cheer. I wonder if he gets nervous...

Nice to see you, MC!
I wonder the same. :hmm:

Delilah
10-18-2019, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the video, BillBailey, it’s nice to see some more footage from these concerts.

Great that the vocals are being spread out more. Timothy sounded lovely here.

On another note, we tried to get tix to the Houston show today but no luck. They sold out fast- both shows. Most of the remaining ones are on the floor for $770 each! Even in the back section.

I guess we’ll just wait to see what happens but I’m feeling disappointed right now. Just a little too pricey.

p.s. Sorry Mr. BB, but as a Texan I’m compelled to point out it’s “Tequila” with one L. It’s a Spanish word after all.

BillBailey1976
10-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the video, BillBailey, it’s nice to see some more footage from these concerts.

Great that the vocals are being spread out more. Timothy sounded lovely here.

On another note, we tried to get tix to the Houston show today but no luck. They sold out fast- both shows. Most of the remaining ones are on the floor for $770 each! Even in the back section.

I guess we’ll just wait to see what happens but I’m feeling disappointed right now. Just a little too pricey.

p.s. Sorry Mr. BB, but as a Texan I’m compelled to point out it’s “Tequila” with one L. It’s a Spanish word after all.

My bad...just a typo...oops...

BillBailey1976
10-19-2019, 10:00 AM
I think something needs to be done about Ticketmaster and Live Nation.
I went and looked at the Atlanta tickets, yesterday..the day they went on sale.
Every ticket that I could find on there was listed as "Verified Resale".......this is BS.
This is Legal ticket scalping, but as long as people flood the venues, they'll keep doing it.

sodascouts
10-22-2019, 08:51 PM
I think something needs to be done about Ticketmaster and Live Nation.
I went and looked at the Atlanta tickets, yesterday..the day they went on sale.
Every ticket that I could find on there was listed as "Verified Resale".......this is BS.
This is Legal ticket scalping, but as long as people flood the venues, they'll keep doing it.

It's disgusting, isn't it?! But you're right - as long as people keeping paying, and the artist doesn't object (a few artists do), then it will continue. When I tried to get tickets for Bob Seger, every face-value ticket was sold out before the general sale started.

KingWalsh
10-23-2019, 03:57 AM
This is one of my biggest pet peeves!! I find it sickening that this is allowed! This should be illegal. It’s sad because the fans get screwed. Metallica just got busted not too long ago for being apart of the ticket resale scam if I remember right.

CAinOH
10-23-2019, 08:04 AM
What happened to that big investigation of ticket prices from Ticketmaster that supposedly began a few months ago? Apparently, nothing.

Delilah
10-23-2019, 05:56 PM
I checked yesterday (or maybe it was the day before) and it appears a whole lot of resale tickets are now available for the Houston concerts. A nosebleed seat is now over $200.

The whole system needs changing but TM and LiveNation apparently like collecting the extra fees. It’s a total racket.

Chances are in a month or so, a batch of regular, non-resale tickets will get released to the public out of the blue. I’ve seen it happen. And if it does, I will try to get some. Otherwise I’ll just wait for the possible DVD.

Soda, same thing with me re: Bob Seger tix. Those sold out fast but I think they were mostly to actual fans, not resellers b/c even resales were scarce.

KingWalsh
10-24-2019, 09:45 AM
Ya, keep checking you never know. When Paul McCartney played Albany as expected he "sold out" fast, a lot of "verified resale" nonsense. I was crushed thinking I'll never see him. One day I checked, and surprise! There were 2 "obstructed view"side stage seats at regular price available like front row side seat! I couldn't believe it ! Still expensive, but nowhere near resale values. I snatched them up and there was no obstruction! I was so close! So, sometimes you get lucky.

YoungEaglesFan
10-24-2019, 11:49 AM
I checked yesterday (or maybe it was the day before) and it appears a whole lot of resale tickets are now available for the Houston concerts. A nosebleed seat is now over $200.

The whole system needs changing but TM and LiveNation apparently like collecting the extra fees. It’s a total racket.

Chances are in a month or so, a batch of regular, non-resale tickets will get released to the public out of the blue. I’ve seen it happen. And if it does, I will try to get some. Otherwise I’ll just wait for the possible DVD.

Soda, same thing with me re: Bob Seger tix. Those sold out fast but I think they were mostly to actual fans, not resellers b/c even resales were scarce.
I’d keep checking especially closer to the concert.when I saw them in Boston 2 years ago a good amount of tickets dropped so much so that I could have moved up significantly and saved money. Hopefully it works out for you