PDA

View Full Version : The German "American Idol"

EasyFeeling
03-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Deutschland sucht den Superstar - the German American Idol started a few weeks ago, it's the 5th season. Last weekend the last 10 of 15 candidates were chosen, 5 by the viewer and 5 by the jury.
Actually the show is not worth watching but this time one guy convinced at least half of Germany. 8)
Wow wow wow, this guy is amazing, great voice and a presence on stage... unbelievable. :shock: I really hope he wins the contest.

I thought I post the video here. Let me know what you think.

http://dsds-video.rtl.de/player.php?videoid=MTM2MzUwfDIwMzQ2NjA%3D&cat=212

Mrs Frey
03-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this with us, EF.

I watched the video, and although I don't think he has an outstanding voice, he certainly put his heart and soul into the song, and performed convincingly. I don't understand German :wink:, but the judges certainly seem to love him, given the response of the audience and Thomas' emotional appearance.

The song itself grew on me, as the band and I were required to play it at a wedding towards the end of last year. I wasn't too keen on performing it initially, but I enjoy it's sentiment now.

EasyFeeling
03-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Ummm... probably not an outstanding voice but he sounds great, IMO.
I don't know what it is but he has something special in his voice and his performance touched me in some way. I saw him several times in the previous castings and thought it would be a shame if he wouldn't make it to the last 10 shows. Meanwhile he has a huge fanbase.
Mind you there are not so many good singers out here in Germany. No one of the previous winners had any success outside of Germany. I'm curious if he's able to give a constantly good performance over the next 10 shows.

sodascouts
03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
When I clicked on the link, it said "access denied." :(

EasyFeeling
03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Try this, Soda. I've read a lot in the internet today... people are wondering what he's doing in a show like this... :roll: He should be able to make it without this. But he needs to get more known and that's his chance. You must know one member of the jury is Dieter Bohlen, the much-hated producer of Germany. :wink: His songs are the worst. :shock: Do you remember Modern Talking? I know they had a song in the US-charts back then, You're My Heart, You're My Soul, oh boy, when I think about that... :roll:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgiXBdfQ4CE

Another one, this is a song from one of the most sucessful singers, Xavier Naidoo:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PN6hfJPNLYk

EasyFeeling
03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
This is my favorite girl.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUr58MgQUWI

EasyFeeling
03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm at home now and watching the video again and again, can't get enough of him. :blush: Call me crazy but I know I'm not alone. I've read all the comments about his performance and almost everyone is thrilled and fascinated. I really don't know what it is... it's not only his voice, maybe his personality or whatever, even when he's talking. I could listen to him for hours. He talked about his life, he's out of work and sees no alternative but win without having a plan B. People said the show was a little bit boring but then he came out and everything changed. He's completely different than all the other candidates. Maybe this is what makes him so favored, I don't know.

sodascouts
03-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks - those worked for me. This guy's voice has a rough appeal - I like it!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I agree Soda - I think he sounds a little like Chad Kroeger from Nickelback.

EasyFeeling
03-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Hmmm... need to listen to Nickelback. :D

Damned, the videos are removed from youtube, due to copyright violations or so. :roll: But... I have another link for those who want to check him out. :twisted:
People say he looks like Ville Valo... :shock:

I'm in love :inlove: and can't wait for Saturday to watch him again.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3617965

EasyFeeling
03-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Here's the video from last Saturday. You won't know the song so I think it won't do any harm to listen to a German song. :wink:
I've seen many videos in which he was talking and thanked people who voted for him. He's always so humble and can't believe that people love him so much.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HGuEOxa7QFQ

Brooke
03-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I just watched your first video above, EF. I can see (and hear) why you are smitten with him. He's very cute and has a wonderful voice.

You best be careful. Glenn and Keith will be getting jealous! :wink:

The last one above didn't work for me though. :(

EasyFeeling
03-18-2008, 10:11 AM
I just watched your first video above, EF. I can see (and hear) why you are smitten with him. He's very cute and has a wonderful voice.

You best be careful. Glenn and Keith will be getting jealous! :wink:

The last one above didn't work for me though. :(

Oh, Glenn and Keith are always my No. 1. :D But he's right behind them. :D

Ok, try this link. The TV channel always remove the videos from youtube. :evil:

http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=MTM2MzUwfDIwNjEyMjA%3D

Brooke
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
That was very pretty, although I didn't understand one word! He seemed very humble. And cute! :D

EasyFeeling
03-21-2008, 05:47 AM
Ah Brooke, you understand what I mean. :D And for understanding the words, sometimes I have the same problem with the English lyrics, but that doesn't matter. :wink: I've seen the videos so many times can't get enough. And when he's talking in interviews I'm melting away because he has such an erotic voice and cute smile :inlove:

By the way, yesterday we ordered our tickets for the show on May 3. :D Now we are going to plan what kind of fan t-shirts we want to wear. :wink:

03-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Okay EF - I can see why you are smitten with this new kid in town. I'm glad you are going to a concert - just as long as it doesn't interfere with your Glenn and Keith fandoms. :twisted: :D

sodascouts
03-29-2008, 10:45 PM
EF - I see your new banner - has Thomas displaced Keith in your heart? ;)

EasyFeeling
03-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Noooooooooooo, Soda no way! :shock: I would love to put up 3 banners but that's too much, don't you think? :wink: But I couldn't resist he's just too cute. :D

EasyFeeling
04-27-2008, 03:30 AM
OMG ladies, I'm still on cloud 9 after Thomas' performane yesterday. :bow: :bow: :bow: He was awesome, fantastic, unbelievable... :inlove: I was near to tears while listening... and the crowd was thrilled. You can see Thomas almost starting crying because he was so touched by the response and love he got. Usually he smiles but this time he had to control himself not to cry. Gosh, what a man. :iloveyou:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6yrx4wh23c

In case the video is removed from youtube which is usually the case after a while here's another link:

http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=MTA3NzMwMXwyMjU1MDQ3

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4043961/DSDS_6_Mottoshow_Thomas_Godoj_singt_Behind_Blue_Ey es

Brooke
04-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Wow, that was a beautiful performance. I can see why you love him so much, EF!

Thanks for sharing that. I hope he wins! :D

04-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Wow - those are great, EF. Although it wouldn't let me view the Clip Fish stream, the other two were fine. He really is very talented - he almost brought tears to my eyes with that performance. I'll be rooting for him to win, too.

Glennsallnighter
04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I too hope that he wins EF! He has certainly captured so many hearts!!

Good Luck Thomas

EasyFeeling
04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh yes Ga, he has. :D

Today he stopped by in his hometown... for a little concert. We could listen to it on the website of the radio station. OMG, you can't imagine what was going on there... almost 6000 people came to see him. He was totally overwhelmed with emotion when he saw the crowd. When he finished he gave autographs and sadly they had to stop this because the crowd went crazy and many people fainted.

Here are photos so you can see that.

http://www.recklinghaeuser-zeitung.de/cpg/displayimage.php?album=495&pos=0#picture

EasyFeeling
04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Just to give you a little impression what was going on yesterday. In case anyone is interested to see it. The other 3 singers of the contest were also doing a mini concert I've read not more than 500 hundred people were there. :wink: That's a difference, eh? :wink:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4070907/Thomas_Godoj

Brooke
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow, EF! That is amazing! One very popular guy! :D

When is the finale?

EasyFeeling
05-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Brooke, the final show is on May 17 and I can't wait. :D :D

But for now I wanted to tell you a little bit from last Saturday... :D :D

Wow wow wow, it was awesome!!! I have been to a TV show for the first time and it really was interesting. The TV studio was smaller as I thought and we had great seats right behind Thomas' parents and his friends. We had a long green sign with "Thomas, you don't need a plan B", in german of course which we all hold up together. At the beginning Thomas was asked what his plan would be in case he doesn't make it in the top 15. And he said he doesn't have one. :wink:

His performance was great as always, the first song was Wonderwall from
Oasis and the second one Mensch from Herbert Grönemeyer, one of the most successful singers here in Germany. Actually I don't like the song but Thomas' performance was fantastic! He put his own stamp on it, as always. Absolutely great. :inlove:

As I told you before many members of our forum were involved making a fan letter, which reached a length of 230 m !!! :shock: Two of our girls attached letter by letter and put it into a big folder, with Thomas pictures on the cover. It looked so cool.

We had an appointment with a TV team which wanted to film the delivery.
So after the show we came together on one side of the stage and were waiting for Thomas. A guy from the TV team told us we should call out for him because he was busy doing interviews so we did. After screaming 2 or 3 times he answered Yeeeeeeeees, I'm coming. :lol:
Then he went across the stage, a camera in front of him, he saw us, wearing our shirts and knew these are my girls from the Thomas-Godoj-Community. He saw the folder, and made a face as he couldn't believe it, then he opened the folder, flipped through the pages, grabbed the first letter, went back across the stage to the other side, still holding the first letter in his hand. Wow, what a great moment... 8)
Then he came back to us, still looking down at all the letters, looked at us and we started clapping. :applause: Oh my god, he was so moved to tears, he couldn't believe it. We all had trouble not to cry. :help:
Then he hugged and kissed Rike, the girl who gave him the folder, we all standing around them... aaaaah, it was wonderful. :inlove:

As I told you he knows us meanwhile and his ex-girlfriend is also a member of our forum and a friend of him. When he wants to say something to us he says it to Jenni and she passes the message to us. Yesterday he let us know he's so happy that we did that for him so he wanted to give away 5 tickets for us for the next show on Saturday and these tickets should go to members, who haven't the chance to come to a show so far. Awwwww, what a great guy... :inlove:

Here's a little video, which one of our members filmed while he was coming back from the other side of the stage. We are whispering: he's coming, he's coming and he said: Folks, I love you all and you are crazy. :lol: You can see the fan letters on the bottom.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/N78_2006/thomas/?action=view&current=kindergarten034.flv

EasyFeeling
05-06-2008, 09:04 AM
A couple of photos...

Me and 3 other girls from our forum
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/ThomasbergabeFanbrief2.jpg

and Tom :smitten:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/ThomasbergabeFanbrief3.jpghttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/TombergabeFanbrief.jpghttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/TombergabeFanbrief1.jpg

Brooke
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh wow, EF! That's just wonderful! What a sweet bunch of girls you all are!

Great pics of you all and Tom, too.

Best of luck to Tom! 8)

EasyFeeling
05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Awwww Brooke, please keep your fingers crossed for Tom, he really deserves to win! 8) It's not only his voice but the whole package, if you know what I mean. :wink: Humble, authentic, a lovely guy. And not to forget easy on the eyes. :twisted: Like Keith in some way. :wink:

Speaking of Keith... are you still :drool: and :bow: and :inlove: ? :wink:

Yes, I had a wonderful time with these girls. These three live in Hamburg and the other girl who is not on the photo lives in my hometown Bremen, that's cool. We definitely want to meet up again, maybe for shopping or a barbecue. :) And of course we go together to the final show.

sodascouts
05-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks for posting. What a sweet guy! You are your friends look very cute in your T-shirts.

Brooke
05-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Speaking of Keith... are you still :drool: and :bow: and :inlove: ? :wink:

You betcha! :nod: :heart:

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Looks like you and your friends are having a great time supporting Thomas EF! The pics are great too and your t-shirts are so cool. I hope he goes all the way and you girls go with him

Good Luck Thomas

EasyFeeling
05-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Awww Soda and GA, I'm glad you took a look in this thread. :D
Yes, he's a sweet guy and we have a great time supporting him. All the girls I met last weekend are so nice and we get along very good. We had a fantastic time and still have in the forum. On the way home from the show we all were very tired and stopped at a motel to sleep a bit before we drove on the next morning. 5 girls in a room for 3, 3 girls in one bed and 2 in the other one. Needless to say we only have slept for 3 or 4 hours because we chatted and giggled all the time. :wink:

Yesterday someone posted fantastic pictures of Tom... I couldn't help myself and wanted to post two of them. :twisted:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/celeb-cityorg_ThomasGodoj_Shooti-6.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/celeb-cityorg_ThomasGodoj_Shooti-3.jpg

Brooke
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Adorable, EF! Those are both great! :smokin:

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Excellent pics EF! Once again all good luck to Thomas. I hope he goes all the way. Keep us posted!

EasyFeeling
05-11-2008, 04:18 AM
I wanted to tell you the news... Thomas made it into the final show!!!!!!! Yay !!!! :yay: OMG, I was so excited yesterday. He performed 3 songs, The Rasmus-In The Shadow, Faith No More-Easy and.... Beatles-Let It Be. OMG, the performance of Let It Be blew us away. We knew he will make his own thing with that song, but never expected a version like this. As one of the judges said: He's a fucking rockstar. :D :D :D :smitten:
They could dedicate one song to someone they wanted to and he dedicated the song to us, the fans and thanked us for bringing him to the point he's now. That was so sweet.

Now I can look forward to next Saturday when we go to Cologne to see the last show and I'm sure he will make it.

Enjoy the new fucking rockstar of Germany :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yMRYwKDJ-dA

sodascouts
05-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Wonderful - have a terrific time in Cologne and tell us about your adventure when you get back! Best of luck to Thomas!

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2008, 06:54 AM
That is fantastic EF and so nice that he acknowledges his super fan base and dedicated a song to you guys. Have a fabulous time in Cologne! We'll be crossing fingers for him over here. Hope he makes it the whole way!

Good Luck Thomas

now he has thge luck of the Irish as well! :D

05-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Wow - that was indeed one rockin' version of Let It Be. EF, we've missed you here, but I am so glad you are enjoying following Thomas' rise to stardom. He really is very talented, and I will definitely be rooting for him to win. Enjoy yourself this week. GO FOR IT THOMAS!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Brooke
05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
:shock: Wow! EF, that was fantastic! Thomas is really wonderful!

Congratulations to him and best of luck next week in Cologne! :yay:

glenneaglesfan
05-12-2008, 04:08 AM
Congratulations to Thomas, EF, and good luck for the final!

Mrs Frey
05-12-2008, 05:30 AM
WOW, EF! :shock: I've missed so much in this thread!

I've just spent the last few minutes catching up with everything, and I'm so happy for you! :yay: You and your Thomas fan forum friends have put so much effort into supporting him and it's wonderful that he acknowledges all of you so humbly. That is the greatest reward of all - acknowledgement from your superstar. Reminds me of a certain moment I had recently with a certain Mr Frey... :inlove:

It's fantastic for Thomas that he's in the final - I'm pretty certain that he's going to be Germany's next Idol, given the number of fans he has, and the judges' enthusiasm for him! :nod: :nod: :nod:

All the photos you posted are also wonderful. Thomas is a lovely young man. And you are looking very cool, girlfriend! 8)

EasyFeeling
05-14-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks for your wishes for Thomas. He really would appreciate it and certainly wouldn't believe that I make promotion for him all over the world. :wink:

The songs he's going to perform next Saturday are:

Fairytale Gone Bad - Sunrise Avenue (which put him into the next round)

Chasing Cars - Snow Petrol (one of his best performance)

and finally his winner song (hopefully :wink: ) from we only know the title: Love Is You. That's not correct english, isn't it? :shock: Can someone help?

Mrs Frey
05-14-2008, 07:40 AM
The title in English makes sense to me, EF. :nod:

EasyFeeling
05-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Ah, ok MF. :wink:

Here are the news of today... We've been listening to Thomas' final song, but only for seconds. From what we've heard it sounds great, a rock ballade.

But the amazing thing is... no one has heard the entire song, Amazon already has the CD on their list, without his name, because they don't know the winner, but the record company listed it on their website with his name. Meanwhile they removed it.

But they couldn't stop it ... the number of pre-sales are going higher and higher and higher, he's on # 8 today, only albums on # 1-7, so you can say he's on top with the song. Release date is next Friday May 23 and he will be on # 1 before the song is coming out officially. :shock: That never happens in Germany before.

Jenny, his ex girlfriend called him today and told him the news. He couldn't believe it and said: I'm dying. Noooooooo Tom, better not. :D

Edited: Pre-sales pushed him on # 3. :D

Mrs Frey
05-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, it certainly seems as though whether Thomas wins or not, there is an overwhelming demand for his version of the song.

In South Africa's "Idols" competition last year, the votes for the two finalists (both ladies) were so close that both versions of the official Idols song were released, although only the winner's version was played on the radio. :roll:

EasyFeeling
05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
That's a shame if both versions were good, MF. I'm curious if our radio stations will play the winner's song. Usually most of them refused to play these songs only because it's from a contest show. :roll:

I have no idea who will win tomorrow. :? Thomas has a huge fanbase as well as the other guy Fady. I think more little girls will vote for Fady because he's sweet as sugar. :twisted: Mostly the stage is full of schmaltz when he's singing. :lol: Completely different from Thomas who is more the rocker. His fanbase is more adult, but we know the little girls will vote as crazy no matter if Fady sings good or not :roll:
Actually it doesn't matter whether Thomas wins or not, he will go his way but we WANT to see him win!

Brooke
05-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Cool news for Thomas, EF. I hope he wins, but you are right about the younger set voting more than the older set. But anyway, it sounds like he will be successful whether he wins or not! :thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
05-18-2008, 02:57 PM
OMG ladies, I had the time of my life yesterday :D :D :D I think I don't need to tell you who the winner is.... THOMAS GODOJ :yay: :yay: :yay:

I can't tell every detail but I don't think you want to know it :wink: but it was just great, I'm still thomatisiert, in english thomatisized or so. :wink:
His performance of all three songs was fantastic and the crowd were screaming and clapping every time when his name was mentioned during the show. You can't imagine what was going on when the host announced the winner. He couldn't believe it, I will never forget the expression of his face. Then all his friends climbed on stage... it was pure chaos. You couldn't see him anymore there. After a while he appeared among his friends and he cried and we fans hugged each other and cried as well. What an emotional moment...
I watched the show today again because all of the close-ups which I couldn't see. I must say I cried again. :blush: He so deserved to win this thing.

For those, who want to watch the videos here are the links:

Fairytale Gone Bad
http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=NjY3NzI4fDIzNTk5MzE%3D

Chasing Cars
http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=NjY3NzI4fDIzNjAwNTM%3D

And his first single, Love Is You which I really love to death, it fits him perfect. :inlove:
http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=NjY3NzI4fDIzNjAxNTc%3D

And the moment of his life... I know you don't understand one word, the host is talking a little bit about their lifes before, but look at that face...
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4216718/DSDS_Finale_Die_Zuschauer_Entscheidung

Now I'm crying againafter watching this :weep:

Glennsallnighter
05-18-2008, 03:23 PM
EF I am so delighted for you that Thomas won! :yay: :yay: :yay:
This is so fantastic. I am sure you are all so proud of him. And how nice he is to his fans. I'm sure he really appreciated all your support.

WELL DONE THOMAS!

Mrs Frey
05-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Oh, I'm happy for you that Thomas won, EF! :D And happy that such a lovely person such as Thomas has been so successful. May he have continued success.

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2008, 04:35 AM
What does he actually win EF? Is it a recording contract or something?

EasyFeeling
05-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Yes GA, he won a recording contract and I think some money. I've read he will make a lot of money, estimated earnings a half million Euros. :shock: I think he need to get used to it first because he was out of work he had to manage with very little money.

His single comes out on Friday and he's on #1 on the list for pre-orders. He's totally busy this week, radio interviews, foto shootings, making the video, TV appearances... I really don't know how to follow all his activities. :roll: But I don't want miss anything. :wink:

I'm still on cloud 9 and I'm sooooo happy for him. As his ex-girlfriend told us he will thank us for our support with a fan meeting sometime this year. :D :D :D

Today the percentage of all shows were released... you can see he won every single show!

1. Show 52,75 %
2. Show 39,88 %
3. Show 52,10 %
4. Show 40,81 %
5. Show 50,38 %
6. Show 50,04 %
7. Show 46,83 &
Semi finale 46,34 %
Finale 62,20 %

Mrs Frey
05-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Wow, EF, that's very impressive.

Brooke
05-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Way to go Thomas! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm so happy for you, too, EF!

It sounds like his career is off to running start! Good luck to him! :D

05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I am haopy that Thomas won as well, EF. He is very talented, so hopefully, he will go as far as he wants. I can only imagine the excitement of being there to witness this. It must have been awesome. We've missed you here, and maybe you can visit us more often once things get back to "normal" for you. Keith and Glenn miss you too! :wink:

EasyFeeling
05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Brooke and Dreamer, I feel so guilty. :blush: Talking about being "normal", nothing is normal in the moment. :roll: There are so many things going on because Thomas is going to start a new life with his music and I don't want to miss anything. I thought things are getting quieter now but no, not yet. Now we are planning to go to a talk show in Hamburg next Monday to see him. I know I'm crazy... going to shows like this. :roll: But I can't resist... as well as the other girls in our forum. Talking about fandom, I guess you know exactly how I feel. :wink:
But don't worry I will come back. :twisted: How can I forget my friends here not to speak of Glenn and the Eagles and Keith, no way. :D It's just the lack of time I have.

sodascouts
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Wow! It seems this guy is destined for a very bright future!

glenneaglesfan
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM
EF, that is fantastic news!

Congratulations Thomas!!!

I watched his performance of Chasing Cars, and I think he made it sound better than Snow Patrol. (Is that what the first judge was saying?) His new single is lovely and deserves to be number 1, especially with all the excitement and the fans that he has made. I don't blame you for going to a live talk if you can. I'd do the same for my man if only I had the chance! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Well you enjoy all your activities around Thomas EF. As such loyal fans you deserve to revel in his success. You have been there for him from the start and have helped him to get to where he is s now, and I'm sure he appreciates that so much.

Mrs Frey
05-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Enjoy the talk show, EF! Like GEF, I would follow Glenn :heart: around like that if I could! :blush:

EasyFeeling
05-22-2008, 08:54 AM
I really am busy this week, catching all interviews on the radio, TV appearances... he's everywhere the next weeks. I could listen to him for hours he could sing the telephone book up and down and I would be listening. :D And his voice when he's speaking... he really should make an audio book. :D
What I love is he's so down to earth and still very humble.

Yesterday he was on in a TV chat and told people he put his version of Let It Be on the album. :yay: We were hoping for it. And two german songs he's working on. And he's going to open the concert of one of our most successful geman singers. And... one song will probably be the official song for the European soccer championship of football.
He really has the best start for his carreer he could get.

Brooke
05-22-2008, 10:15 AM
It's so fun for you watching a rising star, EF!

But don't forget about Glenn and Keith! Just mix a bit of them in here and there! :wink:

And here's a glimpse of Keith and Nicole at the ACM awards Sunday night. Surely you didn't miss it? I don't think he won anything though! :cry:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Urban/81144470_10-x600.jpg

Mrs Frey
05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
This is all so exciting for you, EF! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And good luck to Thomas.

That's a lovely photo, Brooke. Keith looks very smart.

EasyFeeling
05-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks MF. :D I'm having a very exciting time indeed. 8) There are so many things going on... today his single was released and I'm listening and listening and listening... and we watched the video for the first time.

Brooke, what a lovely photo of Keith :heart: but can you please crop the left side of the photo? :twisted: Ugh, I don't like her dress. :shock:

Sorry Brooke, all my attention goes to Thomas in the moment. If you would "know" him, listening to him when he's talking, his smile, his simpleness and modesty you would understand me. :wink: And he's so funny. I think 80 % of the German women are addicted to him. :wink: It's really hard to describe... like others I've never felt like this before. :shock: People who met him are really high a long time afterwards.
Today I went to buy something for the weekend, was standing around in the supermarket and forgot what I wanted to buy. :blush: Thank God, I know I'm not the only one... but this is only one of the effects. :blush:

glenneaglesfan
05-26-2008, 11:16 AM
EF, I know exactly what you are going through! I think a few years ago nearly every woman in the country was wildly in love with Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, and then there was Mark Ramprakash on Strictly Come Dancing - so sexy with his open shirts and lissome hips. Again there was a huge following over here. Thomas is truly talented and seems such a lovely man as well. It's brilliant to hear that he is going to have a good start to his career and I wish him well. You never know, we might get to hear him in the UK!

EasyFeeling
05-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Just an update of Thomas... he breaks every record here in Germany, people buy the disc like crazy. He's on #1 in the download charts as well as in the stores.

Here is a little video what was going on in his hometown shortly before the store opened:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=eMV4On8weRM

sodascouts
05-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Wow - I hope they had enough CDs for everyone!

EasyFeeling
06-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi all, we met him in Bremen two times this week, Thursday and Friday. :D He performed his song in a show but we didn't want to go because there only were bands for kids. :wink: But we took our chance because Jenni, his ex-girl friend told us he will come at 6 pm for rehearsal and so we went there, looking for the VIP entry found it and had a nice talk with three guys from the security while we were waiting. It was so cool because no one was there, only my forum friend and me. We were waiting for an half hour and then a black limousine drove on the parking lot, stopped and we knew he's coming. He got out of the car, saw us, came to us and we had 15 minutes to talk to him, to make our photos, he signed our CDs etc. OMG, I can tell you I was so excited, he is just adorable, so nice. We told him that Jenni gave us the tip and he asked us: Oh, you talked on the phone to her? No, we said, we emailed. :wink:
After that he had to go, too bad I had to let him go. :wink:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/TomDreamer.jpg

Mrs Henley
06-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Cool! :)
Thanks for sharing!

Brooke
06-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with Thomas! Very cool pic of you two! :D

Glennsallnighter
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
That is so wonderful EF. But you deserve the attention that Thomas has given you as you are certainly loyal fans and I'm sure he appreciates that.

Mrs Frey
06-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Oh WOW, EF! :yay: I'm so happy for you! :D What a lovely photo!

glenneaglesfan
06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow, EF, that's such a nice picture! How cool to get a close-up with Thomas. What a memory! It's so cool that he got to win and has a promising career ahead of him, and so sweet to his fans. Go Thomas!

EasyFeeling
06-05-2008, 06:14 PM
OMG... someone put up this video, it's a retrospect of the last months. She put so much love into this, set to music. I cried when I saw this. :weep:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hPo_0810vjk

sodascouts
06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Definitely a very well-done video!

Glennsallnighter
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Its a lovely video EF! And set to gorgeous piano music. Very nice! :D

glenneaglesfan
06-11-2008, 03:31 AM
That's a lovely video, EF. Thomas has a beautiful smile!

EasyFeeling
12-11-2008, 11:02 AM
As you can guess this is the reason why I haven't been here for the last months :oops: lol

The tour started on Dec. 4, I went to 2 shows so far and some of our girls and me won something special, watching the soundcheck.

Here's a video:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fVpq98K0wAw

12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Welcome back, Michaela. We have certainly missed you around here, but I know your German idol has been keeping you very busy. He is a very talented guy, and I wish him much success. However, please tell him that he will have to occasionally share you. :wink:

EasyFeeling
12-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks Dreamer :) I will tell him :-D Right now I'm on the phone listening to the concert in Cologne.... we have a conference call with a girl who is there. It's very exciting, I never listened to a concert via telephone.

But I have to pay more attention to the Eagles in the next time. :) Much to catch up here... first I need to get used to the new board style, it confuses me a bit.

Hope all is ok with you... how's your mom doing?

sodascouts
12-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Cool video of soundcheck. Must have been fun to be there!

If you have any questions about the board, please PM me. I will be happy to help!

EasyFeeling
12-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Soda, I really like the Christmas style, looks great :) If I have trouble to navigate I will ask.

Oh yes, it was fun. After the soundcheck he came off stage and we had a little talk about the songs. He got a cold, was drinking hot tea and had to left out the higher notes. I felt so sorry for him :-(

Here's a picture... he came straight at my side :)

http://i36.tinypic.com/e9znur.jpg

12-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Wow Michaela - That is just so cool. I know Thomas must be incredibly appreciative of all the support that you all are giving him.

Mom is doing fair - thanks for asking. I'll send you a PM soon to fill you in.

Brooke
12-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Wow, EF! You lucky, lucky girl! :thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes Brooke, I felt very comfortable standing next to him :crazy: :lol:

Dreamer, he really appreciates the support of all his fans. Most of his concerts are sold out and at every concert he thanked the fans for the supporting. He's always humble and grateful for the chance to make music.

Looking forward to your PM :)