PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh & Friends 3rd Annual Vets Aid Benefit in Houston, TX - Nov. 10. 2019

KingWalsh
11-11-2019, 09:38 PM
Videos are starting to pop up of Concert. Watched a couple, will continue as I can fit in. LITFL sounded good. Steu Smith was there, too. Turn to Stone, Joe sounded a little rough but guitar was awesome. And I watched Lean On Me that was cool. I hope he doesn’t wear himself out he is doing the James Burron charity concert Tuesday. 😎😳

LuvTim
11-12-2019, 12:29 AM
Thanks, KW! 😊

KingWalsh
11-12-2019, 05:06 AM
No prob! He sounds strong everywhere else. Guitar is fabulous! Maybe it’s my phone? Maybe the recording?idk....but I highly recommend watching the vids. Wanna check out Brad Paisley too. Wish I went aargh.

CAinOH
11-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Joe from the concert: "In The City"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfCv7wT3j4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2I z-5pelF10tRLFlaWSCvB2ULaETyTHvlsKTQlJW35WRpwtZ6RG35U kw0

CAinOH
11-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Same guy's playlist on YouTube, most of Joe's performance:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0oz3aZg2QY7QFhsqmUY3CSR6dxTc-4oX

Ive always been a dreamer
11-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Thanks for posting these everyone. I got home from Houston yesterday afternoon and Soda, Glennsallnighter, HoustonBaby, and myself are all exhausted so it will probably be awhile before we are able to post any details about the show. We all had a great weekend and got very little sleep. Then, we all had to go immediately back to work, so it'll take a while for us to recuperate (some of us aren't getting any younger, ya know). All of us gave the concert high marks, but it was over 6 hours long. I'm sure we'll all be writing more later.

KingWalsh
11-12-2019, 11:32 PM
Wow. That's great you guys all were there! Looking forward to your input!

Houston Baby
11-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Dreamer is right, it might be this weekend before I get a chance to give any details. However, I can say it was a great concert and I enjoyed each performer. And I especially enjoyed playing Houston tour guide to Dreamer, Soda and GA. We saw some sites of Houston and thoroughly enjoyed the warm, beautiful weather of H-town. All 3 of them left town early Monday which was good because a rainy cold front came thru Monday midday and the weather turned ugly. More to come later......

CAinOH
11-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Sounds great, all!

I want to know: Did you buy any of the swag? If so, what did you get?

Brooke
11-13-2019, 02:36 PM
That's so cool you all got together there! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Houston Baby
11-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Sounds great, all!

I want to know: Did you buy any of the swag? If so, what did you get?

I bought the VetsAid 2019 Raglan tee and also the short sleeve VetsAid 2019 logo black t-shirt. I like the black t-shirt as it seems to be well made and the material is a little thicker than the raglan t-shirt. I just like the style of the raglan tee.

CAinOH
11-13-2019, 05:56 PM
I bought the VetsAid 2019 Raglan tee and also the short sleeve VetsAid 2019 logo black t-shirt. I like the black t-shirt as it seems to be well made and the material is a little thicker than the raglan t-shirt. I just like the style of the raglan tee.

Ha! Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks! I, too, prefer Raglan (or baseball) tees. :)

My My
11-14-2019, 09:13 AM
Ha! Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks! I, too, prefer Raglan (or baseball) tees. :)

Me too, CA! So very seventies of us!!!
I have purchased a couple of vintage baseball tees from Eagles concerts that I attended. One is a Long Run baseball tee with the dates from the Pittsburgh and Indianapolis June 1980 concerts. It was too big so I gave it to my youngest son for his music wall in his basement. I just purchased another Long Run baseball tee with 80 on back, but it is small and looks a little vulgar on. I could have worn it that tight in 1980, but not now, haha! I guess my son will get another wall shirt! I feel like Goldilocks, looking for the one that is just right...

WalshFan88
11-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Sounds like a great time!

WalshFan88
11-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Joe from the concert: "In The City"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfCv7wT3j4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2I z-5pelF10tRLFlaWSCvB2ULaETyTHvlsKTQlJW35WRpwtZ6RG35U kw0

Can someone please tell me who it is playing guitar on the left. There's Joe, then Steuart with his red SG guitar, and then someone off to the left quite a bit playing a gold Les Paul guitar. That's who I'm trying to figure out his name. I like to research these guys, lol.

shunlvswx
11-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Can someone please tell me who it is playing guitar on the left. There's Joe, then Steuart with his red SG guitar, and then someone off to the left quite a bit playing a gold Les Paul guitar. That's who I'm trying to figure out his name. I like to research these guys, lol.

Chris Holt. He plays in Don's solo band. Its interesting that Joe got Chris, Lance, Erica, Laura, Lilly and of course the others to be his band and not get his usually solo band.

WalshFan88
11-15-2019, 09:35 PM
Chris Holt. He plays in Don's solo band. Its interesting that Joe got Chris, Lance, Erica, Laura, Lilly and of course the others to be his band and not get his usually solo band.

Ah yes...he looked familiar. Just couldn't remember the name. Thanks!

Glennsallnighter
05-26-2020, 04:50 PM
I have some photos, but I'm maxed out on Photobucket so I need another platform