PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's parents support children's charity

glenneaglesfan
03-18-2008, 04:44 AM
The Boys and Girls Club of Coachella Valley held their 2008 Grand Auction last Saturday on 15 March. One of the items up for bid is a signed guitar of Glenn's. Proceeds from the auction fund after-school and summer youth development programs.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-10-2008/0004770929&EDATE=

Unique, one-of-a-kind items to be offered in the live auction include
-- An acoustic guitar owned by musician Glenn Frey from the Eagles and signed by all four band members.
I found this little snippet very interesting:

Glenn's parents live in the desert and arranged to have the guitar donated to the Boys & Girls Club, saying that their son grew up in a Boys & Girls Club in Detroit as a young man.

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Well I hope a real fan was able to afford to buy it instead of just a business person who wouldn't appreciate it. Well done to Glenn :heart: 's parents for donating it.

sodascouts
03-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Wow, how nice! Thanks for posting this.

Mrs Frey
04-08-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm very late on this, but this is wonderful. Thanks for posting that, GEF! :D It's very thoughtful of Glenn's :heart: parents.

I was also thinking how wonderful it is that Glenn :heart: still has both his parents.

Perfect Little Sister
04-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Isn't it wonderful MF.
I know it's silly, but when my grandfather passed away last summer I couldn't help thinking that my dad is now an orphan.

Glennsallnighter
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Its not silly PLS! I don't think it matters what age one is when they lose their parents there is always a sense of being orphaned. I'm lucky too that mine are still alive but I never knew grandparents, as I lost my last when I was only 6 weeks old. (Thats 40 years ago later this month!)