PDA

View Full Version : London, England 3-22-08

Claire
03-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone!

I came back from London yesterday night, so I'm gonna try to type up a review of the show. I hope my English will be comprehensible as I still have some difficulties sometimes... :blush:

Well at first, general remarks :D. The guys were all handsome in their black suits, so class! They all seemed to be in a really good mood, having fun as well with their new material as with their old songs. The new production (the lights, the screens...) were awesome!
My friends could come in with cameras so I'll try to join a few short films if the quality isn't too bad, and I recorded some parts of the show with my cellphone - though, the sound isn't really great...
We got at the O2 at 6.45 PM and joined our seats at about 7.00PM. I was pleasently surprised to see I was not so far from the stage that I imagined, at about 20 meters I think... So I had a really decent view and I could watch the screens to see the details :)

At about 7.45PM, the guys took the stage. I immediatly recognized their figures in the shadow, then the lights switched on and they started with How Long... I can't describe what I felt when I heard the first notes and saw them for the first time in the flesh in front of me... it was magic, I had the feeling I was as a kid on Christmas day :angel:
Then, they did Busy Being Fabulous (useless to say they rocked :inlove: ) and Glenn talked a bit. He introduced the Eagles as "the band that time forgot" if I remember well (I had to collect my wits at that time...) and if I'm not mistaken... He added they were gonna play two more songs from their new album "while they had our attention". (of course you have, guys!! :D )
He introduced I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, and Joe went on with Guilty Of the Crime.
Then, we heard the trumpet intro of Hotel California which made me litteraly shiver as usual... While they were playing, the cover of HC appeared on the screen.
They went on with Peaceful Easy Feeling, really moving as usual... Glenn's voice was so wonderful... Then came I Can't Tell You Why with a perfect guitar solo done by Steuart, and One Of These Nights. The main screen showed a beautiful full moon, making this song even better than it is (though I thought it was already perfect by now!).
Then came Lyin' Eyes... but I have to admit I don't remember if Glenn dedicated it to 'Plaintif' :blush: I was probably elsewhere... that's a lot of emotions in a short time for me!
Don followed with The Boys Of Summer, which made the major part of the crowd stand up. By that time, the audience seemed to be more reactive, and we heard more people singing along with the guys.
In The City was played then, with kind of sad pics shown on the screens... they rocked again with that one, but the pictures gave it a more moving tone, it sounded more deep...
Don did a bit talking before the intermission, joking about the fact that during that time, we had to go to the merchandise point to buy their T-shirts, saying it was 'very important' :D (personally, I bought mine before the show, and a tour book just after :mrgreen: ). He introduced The Long Run as their "theme song", and at the end of it, did kind of a different improvisation than usual... that was a GREAT moment...
They came back 20 minutes later...
But I haven't got time to write about the second part right now, so I'll do it a bit later, as soon as possible though... :wink:

tbs fanatic
03-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Great review Claire. Looking forward to part 2. :D

Glennsallnighter
03-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Lovely review Claire and your English is brilliant. I know exactly what you mean about the intro to HC! I felt exactly the same when it came on, nearly transported in time.

Freypower
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Great Part One of your review Claire. All this is so exciting!

glenneaglesfan
03-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Claire, thank you for your great review, and look forward to hearing the rest!

sodascouts
03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
First half, wonderful! And your English is impressive!

Claire
03-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks! Here is the second part...

I didn't leave my seat during the intermission, I was too afraid of missing heir come back :wink:

The stools had been brought, and the spotlights switched on again in a beautiful purple color, while the additional musicians performed an instrumental. At the end of this intro, the guys began No More Walks In The Woods. Perfect voices, perfect harmonies, I just loved it! They were totally in it... Then followed one of the highlights of the show: Waiting In The Weeds. I wondered how it would sound live, as harmonies are quite special, and difficult. And it was just stunning! Guitar parts were wonderful, but that's when Tim joined Don in the last verse that I was really impressed. He did it perfectly, really.
Glenn then introduced No More Cloudy Days, which had everybody singing along. Tim then spoke for the first time -great to hear him a bit! He said it was 'his turn to say hello', thanked the audience for coming, and introduced Love Will Keep Us Alive, saying he wrote it with Paul Carrack. He had a particulary good voice that night in my opinion!
Glenn spoke then, introducing Take It To The Limit with his usual 'my wife calls it the credit card song' . I was really blown away by it, from the voices to the spot lights which were wonderful, blinking one by one and flashing between the 'take it' and 'to the limit' in the end of the song... Glenn did a longer break than usual between 'to the limit' and 'one more time' at the really end of the song, so that the crowd sang the last line without him, before he sang it himself with a huge grin... So cute and funny!
Then, we heard the Long Road Out Of Eden introduction... I couldn't wait to see it performed live, so that I screamed really loud . The guy next to me looked at me, smiling, and told me 'I think you really like them...' How did he guess? :headscratch: lol! He was surprised that I came from France especially to see them, but that's the Eagles power (I thought of you MF who literally travelled the world to attend to the concert!). He kept repeating 'they are stunning, they are stunning' all along the show... Yes, they are, really! Well, I should come back to Long Road :? : Joe was doing the guitar solo, and improvised on a WONDERFUL bluesy tone... I had incredible shivers in the middle of the song, (you know, when it gets slowly and then that Glenn's acoustic guitar part begins to sound smoothly...). Steuart did an impressive job reproducing all the little sounds that are characteristics of Long Road... A masterpiece. I didn't expect them doing it so perfectly live.
They went on with Somebody (I believe that they all took their jackets off at that time, except Joe), and I was blown away by it as well! I liked this song, thought it sounded great but hadn't really something special... I was mistaken!!! IT TOTALLY ROCKS! Glenn's voice, guitar parts... just WOW! They all seemed to enjoy playing it, having a great moment.
Then came the first powerful notes of Walk Away... I've always loved that song, especially when it's performed live because Joe is totally in it, he seems to let his feelings go through his guitar part... And I wasn't deceived!
Witchy Woman followed, I was so thrilled to hear some old stuff like that live! Awesome, with some changings on guitar parts!
Glenn then introduced the band, dancing on the little drumbeats :wink: He said his famous 'I'm from Michigan where mother is half a word', and then let Joe speak. He dedicated Life's been good to 'those who never had a song dedicated to them' :) Of course, he had his helmet cam (though he had a cap and not a helmet :wink: ), and during the song, photos of the band in different eras appeared on the screen. That was funny!
They continued with Dirty Laundry (Don didn't dedicate it that time) and we could see false covers of magazines with the guys ('Joe sued by a monkey'... 'Glenn wins Pebble Beach'.... ) Glenn played a really great guitar solo! Then came Funk #49, with the little funny acting between Joe and Glenn (Joe playing a riff, Glenn repeating it... and in the end Joe playing an AWESOME riff and Glenn giving up :) )
They played Heartache tonight then, with that beautiful bluesy intro, and the crowd was really in it, standing up and singing, everyone clapping. I just LOVE this song :)
Then began Life In The Fast Lane which rocked as usual... And they left the stage.
The first encore included Rocky Mountain Way, with Joe's legendary guitar slide, and All She Wants To Do Is Dance... I took a look at Glenn's dancing, which was, I thought, a little bit longer than usual which isn't a bad thing at all! :partytime:
The second encore, Glenn thanked the crowd, wished us a Happy Easter said they were gonna play a 'really old song': Take It Easy... Then we heard the piano introduction of Desperado. Simply wonderful... and as you probably saw it in the video Soda posted in another thread, Don asked for more applause after 'let somebody love you' and everybody laughed...

The four of them finally came on the front stage and took a bow... I noticed Glenn blew a kiss to the crowd... so cute!!! And then they left...
I applaused so much during the show that my hands were swollen :mrgreen:

What a night! I definitely had THE time of my life, and I'm not totally back on earth I think...
I now understand why I'm an Eagles fan and why I can be proud of it! :yay:

I hope my review isn't too long, and isn't too messy :wink: I did my best!

I :heart: these guys!!!

Brooke
03-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Wonderful job, Claire! I enjoyed every minute and a detailed review of an Eagles concert can NEVER be too long! It's so great that you all share them with us, here, that didn't get to go! It sounds like you had a great time! I know you'll never forget it!

Thanks bunches! :D

Oh, and I love them too! :nod:

sodascouts
03-27-2008, 04:48 PM
What a special night! Hearing all those new songs live, especially Waiting in the Weeds and Somebody, sounds like such a thrill. I'm glad the man next to you was a big fan, too. That makes it more fun. Thanks for all the details!

Seeing them live really does make you appreciate them even more!

Molly
03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Well done, Claire! Thanks for posting all those details!

glenneaglesfan
03-27-2008, 06:05 PM
I applaused so much during the show that my hands were swollen :mrgreen:
Lol, Claire, I actually had a bruise on the palm of my left hand the next day from clapping so much!

I :heart: these guys!!!
Claire, I'm so pleased that your first Eagles concert was such a success, and thank you very much for a wonderful review - your English is excellent!

StephUK
03-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi everybody,

Have at last got around to getting my thoughts about the Sat show into some sort of order, so here goes:-

EAGLES – LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN
O2 ARENA, LONDON SATURDAY 22 MARCH 2008

Well, what can I say? My first Eagles concert – fabulous, amazing, superb, incredible……words are just not enough!! :yay:

ILAA
We had 5 Star VIP tickets so we arrived at 5pm for the pre-show party. The food was nice and our ILAA rep was a very pleasant lady. We didn’t win anything in the raffle.
We sat with two lovely ladies who had come over from the US to see Thursday & Saturdays shows. They had seen the Eagles many times, in the US and the UK. We were joined by a German couple who had been over to LA last year for one of the Nokia shows. It was great taking to them all and hearing their Eagles experiences.

ANTICIPATION
Our seats were in the middle block (A2), 3rd row from the stage, seats no: 24 & 25, which are slightly left of centre.

7.50 – The house lights went down and the support band came onto the stage – I turned to my friend and said ‘there’s Will’ and ‘it’s about to start’. Then the Eagles came onto the stage, the lights came on and they were straight into ‘How Long’.
I can’t describe the emotions that were sweeping over me in those few minutes, but I will never forget the feeling – it was almost surreal. :fainted:

THE SHOW
The Eagles were in great voice and the whole show sounded good. I liked the set – well chosen. LROOE sounded awesome live, and I’m glad they did ‘Somebody’ as I thought from the first time I heard it that it was an ideal one to do live.
The Eagles seemed to be in fine spirits, and all entered into dialogue with the audience. There was a guy in the 2nd row who was calling out light-hearted remarks to them and both Glenn and Timothy happily responded to him. One thing that struck me was Timothy’s personality. It comes over so much more live than it does on videos of shows.
Glenn was his usual charming self, overflowing with charisma. Don was in light-hearted mood too, and joked about us needing to buy t-shirts during the intermission as we were having just to weather to wear them!! :lol: Joe was…….well, Joe! as ever.
The support band was in jovial mood too. Scott & Will were fooling around during the band introductions, playing the drum roll & keyboard chords in the wrong places, which threw Glenn out of his stride and made him laugh. :lol:
I’m glad I decided to pay the extra for ILAA and guaranteed myself a seat near the front. It’s the only way to pick up on the passing looks, asides and shared humour going on between the guys themselves and the support musicians.
I thought the Eagles looked very sexy in their dark suits, white shirts & dark ties, and having the support band in suits with dark shirts & ties completed the look (Will in a suit and tie...be still my heart :inlove: ).
I’m still undecided as to whether they should have changed into casual wear for the second part of the show. It would have been good to see but would it have been the right thing to do? after all, the suits are the LROOE image and the tour is promoting the album.

I liked the stage back-drops to the songs. There were some good pictures, some funny ones and some old video clips of the Eagles.

THE GUYS, EYE CONTACT AND PHOTO’s

During the opening song camera flashes were going off like a firework display, but it didn’t last for long. Throughout the show there was only the odd one now and again from further back in the auditorium. Myself and those around me who were near the stage didn’t need to use the camera flash as there was plenty of light from the stage (too much at times). The guys didn’t seem to be at all bothered that we were taking photo’s throughout the show.

My seat was right in front of Glenn, and I had a good view of the whole band. During the show the people directly in front of me (in rows 1 & 2) didn’t stand up at all until the 1st encore, so when I was standing (which was a lot of the time) it was easy for me to make eye contact with Glenn and Timothy(when he was singing lead Timmy’s mike stand was moved over almost into Glenn’s position). I made eye contact with Glenn quite a few times during the show & he smiled at me, which was great.

For the first couple of songs I couldn’t take my eyes off of Will. :smitten: When he was sitting side-on to the audience I was directly in his line of vision(I would have liked to have been sitting to the right a bit more so that I was in front of him when he was facing the audience, but I guess where I was sitting was the next best place).
I made eye contact with Will a few times and was treated to his amazing stare 2 or 3 times. :drool: I felt like he was reading my mind. He didn’t seem to mind that I was pointing my camera at him (frequently!); I thought he might look away, but he just kept looking straight towards me.
I don’t know about being on ‘Cloud 9’, I think I was on ‘Cloud 9,999’ !!!! :inlove: :inlove:

Will looks gorgeous in the flesh; so handsome in his suit and very huggable. :hug: :hug: His hair is cut shorter again (but not spiky on top like before). Although I liked his hair when it was a bit longer, I prefer it short as it makes his face look cute.
It is great to have my own personal and very special photo’s of Will.
I’m even more smitten :smitten: with Will and I adore him even more than I did before.

IT CAN’T BE OVER YET!
The time went so fast. When they went off after LITFL I couldn’t believe that the show was almost over. I’m so glad they did ‘All she wants to do is dance’ :yay: :yay: :yay: in the 1st encore, and that they closed the show in traditional style with ‘Take it Easy and Desperado’.

All in all, it was a very special evening – a dream come true; well, two dreams really, firstly seeing & hearing the Eagles live for the first time and secondly, being so close to my darling Will. :hug:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/th_O2Will38.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Will38.jpg)

I have a feeling that life will never be quite the same again.

p.s. My friend who went to the show with me wasn’t very familiar with the Eagles music, but she loved the songs & the show, so we have a convert – she’s 'seen the light’ and is now an Eagles fan. Hallelujah! (Plus she was quite distracted by Scottie the hottie).

So glad to read everyone's reviews. We all had a fantastic time didn't we?

I'll post of few more photo's soon

LOL
Steph

sodascouts
03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Another ILAA girl! Glad you had such a good time, and were able to add a new member to the Eagles fan club! Your man Will does look sharp in that black top and black tie. I can't wait to see the rest of your photos!

Mrs Frey
03-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh, WOW, WOW, WOW!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Claire and Steph: you girls have my heart beating so fast and me literally holding my breath here in the office! :shock: I just LOVED reading your reviews. I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Claire, I noticed that you paid meticulous attention to the lighting, which fascinated me. The lighting was actually one of the things I paid the least attention to, unless I needed good lighting to take photos! :blush: Your English is excellent, so you don't need to worry about communicating your feelings - you communicate very clearly! It's great that you thought of me "travelling the world" as you put it :lol: to attend the concert - it was a very long flight, but Lord knows, it was worth every stomach cramp and every bit of sleep that I lost. I'll remember Glenn's :heart: look, point and wink for the rest of my life... :inlove: :fainting: I'm also glad for you that you were sitting next to another big Eagles fan.

You mentioned that Glenn :heart: danced more than usual on ASWTDID. You're so lucky to have seen that! GA, GEF and I thought that he didn't dance enough on the night we went! From both your and Steph's reviews, it seems the boys were much more relaxed on the Saturday, due probably not only to having broken the ice on opening night (when we attended), but also because they had a much more enthusiastic crowd, judging from what you report. I just wish that our crowd had been more prone to dancing - otherwise GA and I would have done more standing up, and probably got more looks from Glenn :heart:! As it was, we got looks from him (and Timothy too!) while we were sitting!

Steph, how wonderful for you that you had eye contact with both Glenn :heart: and your darling Will. I took one photo of Will (with Chris Mostert in the background), but it's not a great photo, as it was very dark where they were sitting and my flash just isn't powerful enough. I'll post it for you in the London thread, anyway. I'm glad you got photos as well, and I look forward to seeing them.

I'm also glad for you that you were able to listen to other huge Eagles fans share their experiences with you at the ILAA function.

Oh wow - I'm beginning to wish that I'd forked out another ILAA ticket for the Saturday show... as I mentioned in my review, I flew back to South Africa at the same time as the Eagles performed that night, and cried because I was leaving my Eagles behind... :cry: Yes, life will never be the same for me again either!

P.S.: I'm working on a plan to get the boys to come to South Africa... :idea:

Brooke
03-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I can’t describe the emotions that were sweeping over me in those few minutes, but I will never forget the feeling – it was almost surreal.

Exactly! :nod:

I thought the Eagles looked very sexy in their dark suits, white shirts & dark ties, and having the support band in suits with dark shirts & ties completed the look.
I’m still undecided as to whether they should have changed into casual wear for the second part of the show. It would have been good to see but would it have been the right thing to do? after all, the suits are the LROOE image and the tour is promoting the album.

Good point!

It is great to have my own personal and very special photo’s of Will.
I’m even more smitten.

Yeah, they are very special when you take them yourself! :heart:

IT CAN’T BE OVER YET!The time went so fast. When they went off after LITFL I couldn’t believe that the show was almost over.

I have a feeling that life will never be quite the same again.

I know, how can it be over already?! And, nope, you won't ever be the same! :wink:

p.s. My friend who went to the show with me wasn’t very familiar with the Eagles music, but she loved the songs & the show, so we have a convert – she’s 'seen the light’ and is now an Eagles fan. Hallelujah! (Plus she was quite distracted by Scottie the hottie).

Wonderful! It will be great to have someone close to share them with! :yay: And Scottie is quite hot, too! Good for her!

Thanks for a wonderful review, Steph! I'm so glad for you! Can't wait for your pics! :D

glenneaglesfan
03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Wow, Steph, thank you for your wonderful review - I know exactly what you mean about life not being the same after your first Eagles concert. After my first one two years ago I spent a fortune on better and better seats for two more, and this last one was the best ever!

I'm so pleased you got looks from the guys, especially Will! I still have yet to get a special look from my man Glenn, so please, please come back again soon guys!

StephUK
03-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Yes, the crowd at the Saturday show were enthusiastic and the boys were very relaxed. As you say, they were probably a bit tense at the first show on Thursday. The 2 ladies that I met(from the US) had seen the Thursday show and were complaining that British fans were not very lively, 'cos hardly anyone got up & danced at the Thursday show. I told her that was about to change!! as I had no intention of sitting down all through the show. I was on my feet and singing my heart out. Once a few of us at the front got up & danced lots more people followed. By the latter part of the show even people right at the back on the high-up seats were standing.

I think we owe it to the band to join in. They often tell us that they feed on the audience reaction, so you'll get a much better show if you join in & give something back to the performers.

I'm currently going through my photo's and trying to improve those which are a bit over exposed or shaky(difficult to take good clear photos when the band are moving & the stage lights change colour). I'm also going to isolate the guys and make individual photos from some of the more wide screen ones. So bear with me, I'll post a few at a time as I get them right.

LOL

Steph

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Well MF and I DID stand up and did our best but we didn't receive the most enthusiastic response from those aroound us. Someone even told MF that his wife 'couldn't stand for a lomg period of time!!' Well I'm sorry for him, but MF didn't travel half way across the world to be subdued by that kind of comment.
And we got our rewards from Glenn :heart: :D :D :D

But GEF I know what you mean. I too just want to go back! Its like 'Just one more' PLEASE :pray: :pray: :pray:

Would anyone come to Dublin if they did here again?

EasyFeeling
03-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Oh my, all these reviews... I badly want to see them again. Has anyone heard about more tour dates, maybe in Germany? :wink:

Claire
03-30-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed my review! I love reading detailed ones, so I tried to write mine in the same way :wink:

Soda, you're right, I love them more now that I saw them live... I didn't expect to be so marked by a show!

MF, usually I don't pay much attention to lightings and all this stuff but that night, everything caught my eye :D ... I didn't want to miss a minor detail! That's so great you had an eye contact with Glenn! I can imagine how you felt after that: :inlove:
You mentionned how sad you felt after the show, I know what you mean! Actually, I felt a bit down yesterday, but then I thought that I had been lucky enough to make my dream come true and that I had an incredible time! And who knows, maybe I'll have a chance to see them again one day :wink:

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Well to be honest Claire we ALL feel 'a bit down' after Eagles gigs. PEW (Post Eagle Withdrawal) its known as here, or for us specific Glenn :heart: fans PGW! And believe I've had it so bad this week. All I can think about is seeing him again!

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 08:36 AM
Yes, the crowd at the Saturday show were enthusiastic and the boys were very relaxed. As you say, they were probably a bit tense at the first show on Thursday. The 2 ladies that I met(from the US) had seen the Thursday show and were complaining that British fans were not very lively, 'cos hardly anyone got up & danced at the Thursday show. I told her that was about to change!! as I had no intention of sitting down all through the show. I was on my feet and singing my heart out. Once a few of us at the front got up & danced lots more people followed. By the latter part of the show even people right at the back on the high-up seats were standing.

I think we owe it to the band to join in. They often tell us that they feed on the audience reaction, so you'll get a much better show if you join in & give something back to the performers.

I'm currently going through my photo's and trying to improve those which are a bit over exposed or shaky(difficult to take good clear photos when the band are moving & the stage lights change colour). I'm also going to isolate the guys and make individual photos from some of the more wide screen ones. So bear with me, I'll post a few at a time as I get them right.

LOL

Steph

Highlighted paragraph: ABSOLUTELY!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: I couldn't agree more! I got the distinct impression that the boys were a little nervous on opening night, so I'm sure they would have appreciated more audience enthusiasm.

Steph, your photos are absolutely BRILLIANT!!! You did a fantastic job and they need no improvement! Thanks for sharing them with us! :D

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Well MF and I DID stand up and did our best but we didn't receive the most enthusiastic response from those aroound us. Someone even told MF that his wife 'couldn't stand for a lomg period of time!!' Well I'm sorry for him, but MF didn't travel half way across the world to be subdued by that kind of comment.
And we got our rewards from Glenn :heart: :D :D :D

But GEF I know what you mean. I too just want to go back! Its like 'Just one more' PLEASE :pray: :pray: :pray:

Would anyone come to Dublin if they did here again?

Highlighted section: I must say I was more than a little irritated with the man, especially since he was distracting me from my boys, and stopped me from dancing to my favourite, "Heartache Tonight" :evil:. I was thinking, "Do you have any idea how much effort and expense I've gone to to attend this concert? And you want me to SIT DOWN?!!"

As GA says, we got our rewards from Glenn :heart:.

GA, I'd love to visit you in Dublin - hopefully my piggy bank would have recovered considerably by the time the boys make it there!

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 08:44 AM
MF, usually I don't pay much attention to lightings and all this stuff but that night, everything caught my eye :D ... I didn't want to miss a minor detail! That's so great you had an eye contact with Glenn! I can imagine how you felt after that: :inlove:
You mentionned how sad you felt after the show, I know what you mean! Actually, I felt a bit down yesterday, but then I thought that I had been lucky enough to make my dream come true and that I had an incredible time! And who knows, maybe I'll have a chance to see them again one day :wink:

I've been trying to console myself with similar thoughts, Claire, but all I want now is for the boys to visit South Africa! I must say, I came down to earth with a loud thud about a week after I'd been floating above the clouds! :( :cry:

sodascouts
03-31-2008, 11:37 AM
I love to stand, too, but sometimes the people behind you can get awfully nasty about it. :( Also, if no one else is standing, I feel a bit awkward. But whenever I see enough people doing it so that I don't feel like I'm drawing attention to myself, I stand, too!

tbs fanatic
03-31-2008, 12:13 PM
LOL - My hubby is a sit-down in your seat guy :roll: 'I paid for this seat blah, blah, blah'. I don't mind jumping up but will only do it if a lot of people around me are doing it. I remember we were at one concert where just one guy (not too far in front of us) stood up and my hubby shouted 'Sit your ass down' which elicited a big cheer from the crowd :roll: I just pretended not to know him.

StephUK
03-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Dear All,

I have put a set of about 60 of my photos from this show onto Flickr, but I don't know how to set up a link from here to them. Can anybody help? The set is called 'Eagles show at the O2 22 March 2008'.

Thanks

LOL

Steph

sodascouts
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Would it work to copy and paste the URL from your main page?

Glennsallnighter
03-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks Steph! I don't know how to do that but if someone does I can't wait to see all your lovely pics.

glenneaglesfan
04-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Steph, I hope you can work out a link as I'd love to see your photos.

Freypower
04-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Steph gave me her flickr user name and so I will now post the link to her photos. They are absolutely stunning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/sets/72157604331717175/

sodascouts
04-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, Steph!

Molly
04-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Fantastic pictures, Steph!

Brooke
04-01-2008, 08:22 PM
FABULOUS! Thank you Steph and Fp!

Claire
04-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Well to be honest Claire we ALL feel 'a bit down' after Eagles gigs. PEW (Post Eagle Withdrawal) its known as here, or for us specific Glenn :heart: fans PGW! And believe I've had it so bad this week. All I can think about is seeing him again!

Lol GA :lol: it sounds a bit risky to attend to an Eagles show! Is there a remedy for that?

I've been trying to console myself with similar thoughts, Claire, but all I want now is for the boys to visit South Africa! I must say, I came down to earth with a loud thud about a week after I'd been floating above the clouds!

MF, I hope you feel better! I still feel nostalgic sometimes :wink: I would be happy for you if the boys come to South Africa for their LROOE tour... I'd love them to come to France too. Their last show was in 2001 I think but I wasn't an Eagles fan at that time so I sort of missed it! :? We have to stay tuned if they add more dates!

Steph, your pictures are just wonderful!! Thank you so much, it reminds me such great moments :)

Glennsallnighter
04-02-2008, 04:22 PM

Lol GA :lol: it sounds a bit risky to attend to an Eagles show! Is there a remedy for that?

The only one I can think of is going again. Hence the cycle starts all over again!! I'm sure MF will concur again!

Glennsallnighter
04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Steph, they are Brilliant!! What a slide show!! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

tbs fanatic
04-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Steph, those pics are FANTASTIC. WOW!!!!!

glenneaglesfan
04-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Steph, those pics are fabulous - it's just made me relive the concert all over again, and like MF & GA, just leaves me wanting to see them again. How many bands have that appeal?

Mrs Frey
04-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Steph, as I've gushed in the "Frey Fever" thread, your photos are really fantastic!!! :D :D :D Thank you once again for sharing them with us. You have a great eye for capturing the boys' personalities in your pictures. What kind of camera do you have, girl?

StephUK
04-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Steph, as I've gushed in the "Frey Fever" thread, your photos are really fantastic!!! :D :D :D Thank you once again for sharing them with us. You have a great eye for capturing the boys' personalities in your pictures. What kind of camera do you have, girl?

You're welcome! I love seeing everybody else's too. It reminds me of the fantastic time I had at my first Eagles concert. I keep living it over again through all the great photos that have been posted.

My camera is a Nikon Coolpic 5100 compact camera. It's the 2nd Nikon coolpic I've had and I would recommend it. It's easy to use, and the 5100 has an ISO of 3200 (which is higher than many) making it good for use in darker settings and without a flash. At around £250 it's good value and being a compact it's small, so you can carry it in a pocket. I'm no camera expert, so I like that fact that it has pre-set photo types e.g the one I used was called 'Museum' (for dark places with specific subjects lit - like with stage lights) and turns the flash off automatically, and you then just point & shoot.
That's about as technical as I get!

LOL
Steph

Glennsallnighter
04-03-2008, 05:10 PM
That sounds excellent Steph and quite a reasonable price too. Must keep it in mind for my next upgrade!

glenneaglesfan
04-03-2008, 05:59 PM
I've got a Nikon Coolpix too, but it's one of the first ones to come out, the 775. It hasn't quite got the versatility of yours, Steph, but it's still a lovely compact camera to take with you.

BTW, your pics are SUPERB!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Mrs Frey
04-04-2008, 02:10 AM

You're welcome! I love seeing everybody else's too. It reminds me of the fantastic time I had at my first Eagles concert. I keep living it over again through all the great photos that have been posted.

My camera is a Nikon Coolpic 5100 compact camera. It's the 2nd Nikon coolpic I've had and I would recommend it. It's easy to use, and the 5100 has an ISO of 3200 (which is higher than many) making it good for use in darker settings and without a flash. At around £250 it's good value and being a compact it's small, so you can carry it in a pocket. I'm no camera expert, so I like that fact that it has pre-set photo types e.g the one I used was called 'Museum' (for dark places with specific subjects lit - like with stage lights) and turns the flash off automatically, and you then just point & shoot.
That's about as technical as I get!

LOL
Steph

Thanks for that information, Steph! I don't know if I'll find one like that locally (or how much it will cost! :shock: If I multiply 250 British Pounds Sterling with the current exchange rate to the South African Rand, it's quite scary :fainted:), but I could certainly investigate!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Claire and Steph - Sorry for my delayed response, but I'm still trying to catch up on posting in a lot of threads. I just wanted to repeat what I said in the other concert review threads and say that I thoroughly enjoyed all of your reviews, comments, and pictures. Thank you both for an outstanding job!!! I am thrilled for all of you that you had such a wonderful experience at the London shows. :yay: :yay: :yay:

StephUK
04-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm having a bad day today with post-Eagles-concert-blues.

I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE AT HOME TONIGHT, I WANT TO BE AT THE O2 WATCHING THE EAGLES SHOW & BEING NEAR TO MY DARLING WILL. So near & yet so far.

Tomorrow all the London shows will be over & the boys will be heading back home. I will never forget my first Eagles show & I'm now sure that life will never be the same again.

Anyone else feeling like this today?

Here are some more of my photos from Sat 22 show(which I didn't upload into my set on Flickr). Hope you like them.

GROUP SHOTS

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles93TimmyDon.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles81.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles62.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles50.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles46.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles45.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles27.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles5.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles100.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles95.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles82.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles67.jpg

Individual photos to follow soon

LOL
Steph

StephUK
04-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Trying to cheer myself up with photos.

GORGEOUS GLENN

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles106Glenn.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles64Glenn.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles58Glenn.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles39Glenn.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles26Glenn.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles16GlennDon.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles102.jpg

DELICIOUS DON

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles54DonScott.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles36DonJoe.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles35DonScott.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles14Don.jpg

TERRIFIC TIMOTHY

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles49.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles29Timmy.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles19TimmyDon.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles16Timmy.jpg

JUICY JOE

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles91.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles63.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles12Joe.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles60.jpg

PHEW! WHAT A HANDSOME BUNCH!!

LOL
Steph

DonFan
04-05-2008, 06:12 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles93TimmyDon.jpg
This is great.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles100.jpg
I love Joe & Don laughing here.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles95.jpg
Those shoes!

Freypower
04-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Those are excellent again. That's probably the best photo of Drummer Don yet.

sodascouts
04-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Flippin' amazing. :: sigh ::

DonFan
04-05-2008, 06:38 PM
DELICIOUS DON

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles54DonScott.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles36DonJoe.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles35DonScott.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/O2Eagles14Don.jpg

Steph, I can't thank you enough for your wonderful pictures! Delicious Don, indeed. :heart:

StephUK
04-05-2008, 07:17 PM
BUT WHAT DO I DO WHEN I'M STILL MISSING YOU
WHAT DO I DO - WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HEART

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/Will%20at%20O2/O2EaglesWill94.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/Will%20at%20O2/O2Will56a.jpg

:inlove: EVEN WHEN WE ARE APART, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART :inlove:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20at%20O2/Will%20at%20O2/O2Will27.jpg

LOL
Steph

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2008, 05:14 PM

I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE AT HOME TONIGHT, I WANT TO BE AT THE O2 WATCHING THE EAGLES SHOW & BEING NEAR TO MY DARLING WILL. So near & yet so far.

Tomorrow all the London shows will be over & the boys will be heading back home. I will never forget my first Eagles show & I'm now sure that life will never be the same again.

Steph

Steph we've all been through it! Post Eagle Withdrawal (PEW) (or Specifically PGW :wink: ) we call it. Two weeks on and its still hitting me in waves. Someone who looked at my pics commented on one that I must have been near enough to Glenn :heart: to touch him. I laughed and said 'That was the plan'. But there's more than a little heartache there that I didn't manage to. :weep:
Again so near and yet so far! All I can think about is seeing them and specifically my dearest darling gorgeous Glenn :heart: again!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Steph – Thanks for more of your gorgeous pictures. They are wonderful, and I agree that Will looks fantastic too.

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Steph

Steph we've all been through it! Post Eagle Withdrawal (PEW) (or Specifically PGW :wink: ) we call it. Two weeks on and its still hitting me in waves. Someone who looked at my pics commented on one that I must have been near enough to Glenn :heart: to touch him. I laughed and said 'That was the plan'. But there's more than a little heartache there that I didn't manage to. :weep:
Again so near and yet so far! All I can think about is seeing them and specifically my dearest darling gorgeous Glenn :heart: again!

Oh, gosh, Steph and GA, I feel for you girls - I feel the same way!!! :cry: :weep: So near and yet so far indeed! I too wanted to be at the O2 on Saturday night. It was even worse being on a plane on 22 March when the boys did their second show. How I wished that I'd booked a ticket for that show too! But my pocket would not allow it... :weep:

Oh, how my heart aches for Glenn :heart: If only he knew what he did to me when he winked at me! :fainted: Oh, help! :blush:

Those lyrics to "What Do I Do With My Heart" can be applied to Glenn :heart:, in my case. Siiiiiiiiiigh. :sigh:

Steph, your photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing so many of them with us. My O2 Album is just getting bigger and bigger! :D :D :D I too agree that Will is lovely. :nod:

Claire
04-07-2008, 03:01 PM

Here are some more of my photos from Sat 22 show(which I didn't upload into my set on Flickr). Hope you like them.

Steph, I felt exactly the same on Saturday! I was thinking "exactly two weeks ago at that time, I was at the O2, near The Eagles and feeling so good..."
But when I suffer of those "withdrawal symptoms" I just take a look at all the photos of the show! So thank you, cause you did a really great job with yours! You know, when we were waiting for the guys, just before the show starts, I was looking at the people near the stage and thinking "Steph from the border must be there" :D

glenneaglesfan
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM

Oh Steph, I am so with you here. I felt awful on Saturday night, thinking that they were still in England, and I could have been there. Believe me, if I wasn't married I WOULD have been there.

Thank you for those wonderful photos - they help to ease the pain!

I'm looking forward to some US reviews soon! :D

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2008, 06:16 PM
If I wasn't married I WOULD have been there too! At ALL of them!!

Perfect Little Sister
04-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh, how my heart aches for Glenn :heart: If only he knew what he did to me when he winked at me! :fainted: Oh, help! :blush:

Those lyrics to "What Do I Do With My Heart" can be applied to Glenn :heart:, in my case. Siiiiiiiiiigh. :sigh:

Oooohhhhhh, somehow I think he just might have an inkling what he does to us MF. :wink:

And i rather suspect he enjoys every minute of it. :D

luvthelighthouse
04-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Love the reviews! Thanks! BTW, what is ILAA? (excuse my ignorance)

sodascouts
04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
ILAA is short for "I Love All Access." That is the service that sells VIP packages to Eagles concerts. The main virtue of these packages is a guaranteed seat in the first 10 rows for 5-star and the first 20 for 4-star. The main drawback is the price. However, if I could afford it, I'd be doing it every show.

Here's the site:
http://www.iloveallaccess.com

Mrs Frey
04-14-2008, 04:39 AM

Oooohhhhhh, somehow I think he just might have an inkling what he does to us MF. :wink:

And i rather suspect he enjoys every minute of it. :D

I think you're right, PLS!

It's been three weeks since my little "moment" and my heart is still aching... :cry:

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2008, 06:17 AM
At this stage I could not contempate going to an Eagles show and NOT going ILAA. It really is the best way to do it if you can afford it (and even if you can't :wink: ). I too am still holding on tight to those memories.