PDA

View Full Version : My Man

groupie2686
10-18-2020, 02:46 PM
I don't know if this has been posted about before, but I just found out that Gram Parsons had a song called "Hickory Wind." I never understood the lyric about the hickory wind calling him home in My Man until now. So unbelievably clever, and it made me love this beautiful song even more.

Delilah
10-23-2020, 12:21 PM
I don't know if this has been posted about before, but I just found out that Gram Parsons had a song called "Hickory Wind." I never understood the lyric about the hickory wind calling him home in My Man until now. So unbelievably clever, and it made me love this beautiful song even more.

A big credit goes to Don H, who made the suggestion to Bernie that he include a reference to “Hickory Wind.” It’s indeed a touching homage to Gram.

Brooke
10-23-2020, 01:37 PM
Here's a neat video set to Hickory Wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S11HnNXcjbk

groupie2686
10-23-2020, 08:14 PM
A big credit goes to Don H, who made the suggestion to Bernie that he include a reference to “Hickory Wind.” It’s indeed a touching homage to Gram.

I didn't know Henley had a hand in My Man, I thought it was credited just to Bernie. They were so clever with lyrics.

New Kid In Town
10-23-2020, 11:18 PM
I didn't know Henley had a hand in My Man, I thought it was credited just to Bernie. They were so clever with lyrics.

Wow Groupie - I did not know that either ! They were clever with lyrics ! Learned something new - Thank You !

Ive always been a dreamer
10-24-2020, 06:05 PM

Don isn't credited on My Man - I think it was just a suggestion. But Bernie took the suggestion and incorporated it into the lyrics.

Delilah
10-26-2020, 01:33 PM
Dreamer is correct. When I said credit goes to Don H, I meant it in the sense of praising his contribution, not that he actually wrote the line and received a songwriting credit.

Aside from the moving lyrics, the harmonies are really a highlight of the song. So gorgeous.

sodascouts
10-31-2020, 07:20 PM
Magnificent song. My favorite of Bernie's.