PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Walsh competes on MTV reality show Rock the Cradle

sodascouts
03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Just saw on Lucy Walsh's MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/lucywalsh) that she's going to be a contestant on a new MTV reality show called Rock the Cradle (http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/rock_the_cradle/series.jhtml). In it, the children of rock stars compete to see who is the most talented chip off the ol' block. It'll be like American Idol, only the all the contestants are the offspring of famous musicians. You'll have a panel of judges and yes, the requisite phone calls and text messages from viewers that determines who stays and who goes.

The show also promises to reveal glimpses of what life is like for people who have parents who are rock stars. Could be interesting.

It premieres April 3 on MTV at 10:00 pm Eastern.

Brooke
03-28-2008, 10:10 AM
That does sound interesting. I think I'll try to catch it! Thanks for the info, Soda.

samo
03-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I have put it on my calendar. Can't wait. Thanks!!

tbs fanatic
03-28-2008, 01:46 PM
That does sound interesting.

sodascouts
03-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Lucy and her fellow competitors will be on KTLA's morning show April 1 - here's their site:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/morningnews/?track=nav

DonFan
04-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Don't forget to watch Lucy tonight!

Have you seen the promo she did for the show? I caught it the other day. She says, in part, "I'm Lucy Walsh and my father is responsible for dozens of women's 'first time.'" I have enough siblings to start my own rock band."

This should be interesting. 8)

sodascouts
04-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh my gosh! I can't believe she said that!

I'll catch it tonight.

DonFan
04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh my gosh! I can't believe she said that!

I know! I thought the same thing!

sodascouts
04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh my gosh, she's singing Heart of the Matter!!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
04-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I was really pulling for her and she did well. You can tell that she's much more of a pro than some of these other rock star kids, a couple of whom honestly were painful to watch... they were so scared and shaky. I thought Olivia Newton John's daughter was going to burst into tears. They're no match for her!

P.S. She says she was conceived in Ringo Starr's house. Dang, those guys are close. ;) Cute photos of her and Joe, BTW.

DonFan
04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I can't believe she sang Heart of the Matter!
And she did really, really well. She has a great voice and was very natural on stage. She is very professional and has had a lot more experience than some of the others.
I wish Joe had been able to be there--although of course, we know where he is. She said in the intro that he wasn't really happy about her doing a reality show, but hopefully he will be able to be there to support her at the other shows.

sodascouts
04-04-2008, 02:29 AM
I found the promo you mentioned on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW8WHzAbYuo

And a cute "side by side" photo of her and Joe:

http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1584771&pid=2878747

Here is a video of Lucy talking about growing up, and there are a few nice photos of her when she was a child with Joe:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1584795&vid=221810

DonFan
04-04-2008, 09:57 AM
That was interesting. I didn't know who Lucy's mother was, so I was glad to see a picture of her--she is very pretty. Lucy also plays piano beautifully.

Did you click on the "Baby Pictures" link? There is a picture of Lucy in footie pajamas at Joe's feet, and the caption says:

As a baby, Lucy Walsh couldn't sleep unless she heard the guitar solo from 'Hotel California' live, every night.

Who needs lullabies when you can hear Hotel California every night? I know I would sleep like a baby too, if I heard a certain someone croon that song to me every night! :wink:

Brooke
04-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh man, I forgot about it! :roll:

Thanks for the links guys! At least I can catch those parts! I'm glad she did well.

I can't believe she is so candid! :lol:

DonFan
04-04-2008, 10:21 AM
I was listening to a clip of Joe on Steve Dahl's show the other day, & he talked a little about Lucy and the show. From what I gathered, he pretty much told her he was really sorry, but he just couldn't do the show. As she said on the show last night, he doesn't like reality shows. At first, I thought that if Lucy continues to do so well he might change his mind, but the more I think about it, I think he is right. Most of those "rock star" parents aren't really performing anymore, and therefore looking for something to do, some kind of exposure. Joe is still at the top of his game and doesn't want to be lumped in with them. There really is some kind of stigma attached to reality shows.

The other thing is, Lucy is so obviously the most talented singer of the group, she doesn't NEED this show. She could definitely make it without it!

sodascouts
04-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Joe is too busy to attend each week now even if he wanted to, since the Eagles are touring.

It's interesting that Joe doesn't like reality shows because I remember in Rolling Stone a couple years ago he talked about doing one with Lucy as the star. Perhaps he just doesn't like this type of reality show.

I bet if Lucy goes all the way to the top, he'll show up for the finale, though.

tbs fanatic
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Dang! I missed it.

tbs fanatic
04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Okay, I just watched a couple of Youtube videos of Lucy singing. She really has a nice voice. I hope she wins. What's the prize??? I'm so behind on this show.

DonFan
04-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I think the dynamics of this whole thing are very interesting. Don hates reality TV--remember when he made those harsh comments about American Idol? (Although he likes Carrie Underwood now that she has proven herself.) Joe obviously doesn’t like reality TV either. So Lucy agrees to do this show, her dad is the only one who doesn't come, and she sings a Don Henley song.

Can you imagine the discussion the Eagles had about this?

sodascouts
04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
When you put it that way... lol!

sodascouts
04-04-2008, 12:58 PM
You can watch the full episode online now:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1584232&vid=221818

Lucy's segment in particular:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1584232&vid=221820#

The prize is a record deal.

Brooke
04-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks Soda!

I think she's really good. Interesting she chose a Don song, but maybe she doesn't want to be compared to her Dad. And maybe she's mad at her Dad for not helping her. But she has to understand he's busy right now. :shrug:

DonFan
04-04-2008, 01:50 PM
From Rolling Stone's Rock Daily online--here is their take on last night's show:

Each week on MTV’s Rock the Cradle, the sons and daughters of musical icons compete for the sort of exposure they would have received anyway on the basis of their DNA. Rock Daily sorts through the nepotistic wreckage.

Children’s Story: Each contestant got his or her own introduction, and everybody’s story is pretty much the same: Mom or Dad wasn’t really around, then dealt with drugs (Lucy Walsh, daughter of Eagle Joe Walsh), jail (Landon Brown, son of Bobby), bankruptcy (A’Keiba Burrell-Hammer) or apathy (pretty much everybody else).

Baby Geniuses: Jesse Snider (son of Twisted Sister frontman Dee) acquitted himself surprisingly well on Led Zeppelin’s “Rock and Roll,” Lil B. Sure (son of Al) crooned a Donny Hathaway song that wasn’t embarassing and Landon Brown worked his way through Seal’s “Crazy” with more dignity than his dad has ever done anything. But the clear favorite (and top-scorer of last night) is Lucy Walsh, whose poised presentation of Don Henley’s “Heart of the Matter” showed that she not only has vocal talent but also has more charisma than her hard hat-wearing dad ever did.

Red-Headed Stepchild: Poor pitiful Chloe Lattanzi (daughter of Olivia Newton-John). She grew up “alone in big houses,” battled anorexia and paparazzi, had never performed in front of a crowd before last night and looked like a total disaster. During her version of INXS’ “Never Tear Us Apart,” she sounded like somebody doing an unflattering Fiona Apple impression on Saturday Night Live.

Who Is Getting Disowned: Lattanzi technically gave the worst performance by a mile, though Crosby Loggins’ (son of Kenny) ho-hum run through “(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding” had negative personality, and the fact that he went last on a ninety-minute telecast might work against him. But if there’s any justice in the universe, host Ryan Devlin will get sent home, as he is a black hole from which no charisma can escape.

tbs fanatic
04-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh thanks for that. She did great. That Larry Rudolph REALLY LIKED HER - lol.

tbs fanatic
04-04-2008, 02:16 PM
I just watched a few of the others - I thought Jesse Snyder was good and thought Hammer's daughter A'Keiba definitely had potential but it's clear Lucy is going to be the front runner. As for the guy who is the host - OMG where did they get him? He's really not good at this. I noticed a lot of comments were negative about the host - I wonder if they will change him out??

sodascouts
04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Her voice is definitely distinctive, which kept the cover of HOTM from being too close to the original for her to stand apart (the faster tempo also helped).

Her face was the most expressive of all of them as well, which counts for a lot when you're trying to engage an audience.

I Wish they would show different footage of Joe than a continuous loop of "Life's Been Good" from F1 where he's in the hard hat. It's not like they don't have more to choose from.

ETA: I agree with you, TBSF. I don't dislike the host that much, but he screwed up a couple times and it detracted from the show. I also agree that Snyder did great. I was surprised at how low some of his scores were.

I'm a little nervous about how much she's favored this first round. Folks like to root for the underdog, and this is a public-determined contest. Let's hope her obvious talent outshines such psychology.

DonFan
04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I just tried to log on to Rock the Cradle to look at Lucy's segment again, and it won't let me access it. I can watch everybody else's performance but not hers. When I click on her icon, it goes back to the beginning of the show every time. I can't even find it on YouTube. I wonder what happened?

sodascouts
04-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hmm, I'm able to access it just fine. :headscratch:

DonFan
04-06-2008, 11:29 PM
I just tried it again and it came up this time.

Maleah
04-10-2008, 12:22 AM
I think the dynamics of this whole thing are very interesting. Don hates reality TV--remember when he made those harsh comments about American Idol? (Although he likes Carrie Underwood now that she has proven herself.) Joe obviously doesn’t like reality TV either. So Lucy agrees to do this show, her dad is the only one who doesn't come, and she sings a Don Henley song.

Can you imagine the discussion the Eagles had about this?

I think I missed something.......what did he say about Carrie? Was this after her performance of Desperado? lol

DonFan
04-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Don hates reality TV--remember when he made those harsh comments about American Idol? (Although he likes Carrie Underwood now that she has proven herself.)

I think I missed something.......what did he say about Carrie? Was this after her performance of Desperado? lol

Don was criticial of American Idol in an interview he gave in Australia several years ago, basically saying that Idol participants had not earned their star status by working their way through the ranks like traditional singers and rock bands.

But, several Idol winners such as Kelly Clarkson & Carrie Underwood have had great success, using Idol as a springboard but backing their win with hard work and talent. Last fall when the Eagles and Carrie both performed on the CMA Awards show, Carrie said some very complementary comments about the Eagles, and Don gave a short interview returning the favor, saying Carrie was very talented and "the real thing."

Maleah
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Oooooh I see. Thanks for sharing!

my sister/brother-in-law wanted me to try out for Idol.....its funny when you'd never do it simply because you're too scared of what Don would think of you. :shock: lol

DonFan
04-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Part 2 of Rock the Cradle airs tonight. I hope Lucy does as well tonight as she did last week. The MTV website showed a picture of Lucy and the caption read that she was "Singing a song selected for her by her father, Joe Walsh." So it looks like he has a little more involvement this week.

Then I saw this little blurb on getting tix to the show:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Be in our VIP audience up front and in the pit and party like a Rock Star as two television giants, MTV and Fremantlemedia (the producers of American Idol), team up to bring you a music sensation unlike anything you've ever seen, ROCK THE CRADLE.

Rock the Cradle will feature the talented offspring of some of Hollywood's biggest music stars facing off each week by performing songs in front of a live audience! Featuring contestants Chloe Rose Lattanzi (Olivia Newton John), Jesse Money (Eddie Money), Landon Brown (Bobby Brown), Jesse Blaze Snider (Dee Snider), Lara Johnston (Tom Johnston), Lucy Walsh (Joe Walsh), Akeiba Burrell Hammer (MC Hammer), Crosby Loggins (Kenny Loggins), and Lil' Al B. Sure (Al B. Sure)!

The suggested age range for attendance is 16-25 years old!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

WELL, that certainly omits most of the posters here, doesn't it? :roll: :? I guess we will just have to rock out here at home. :headbang:

AzEaglesFan
04-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Just watched Rock the Cradle and Joe was there. Lucy didn't do as good as last week but I agree that the song wasn't the best choice for her voice. BUT at least her Dad was there for her. What I can't figure out is why they kept him in the dark instead of turning a spot light on him like the other parents unless he wanted it that way.

DonFan
04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I just watched it, too. I think Joe wanted to be there for Lucy, yet also keep a very low profile, so that 's why he didn't have a spotlight on him or make any comments. And, I thought Lucy did very well this week too. To me, she has the best voice of the entire group. I agree with the judges-- she does need to sing a rock song next week!

AzEaglesFan
04-11-2008, 12:56 AM
I picture her as being a real rocker with the right song. Would you mind if I asked you some questions about this site? I'm new and I need some info.
How do you get a picture under your name? Do you know if they are filming any of the concerts for a DVD, I would like to have one since I will probably new get to see the "guys" in person. Last of all if it has "picture removed or deleted" is there some way to go to another site and find that photo? Sorry to be a bother but you seem to know your way around here. :blush:

AzEaglesFan
04-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Boy do I need to proof read my message before I send it lol :blush:

Mrs Frey
04-11-2008, 04:23 AM
LOL, AEF! You're funny! And honest!

I can help you regarding getting a picture under your name. We call it an "avatar". Go to your profile, and at the bottom of the screen, there is a section where you can upload an avatar of your choice, either from your computer's harddrive, or from Photobucket, or wherever you keep your pictures. The need to be a certain size before you can use them - it will tell you in your profile how big they are allowed to be.

One more thing: you are not a bother! It is only a pleasure to assist new members of The Border! I know you were asking DF, but she will tell you the same! :nod:

DonFan
04-11-2008, 09:25 AM
What Mrs F said was absolutely true, AEF. No one is a bother here--everyone is welcome--and feel free to ask us anything!
I am SO glad Mrs F answered your avatar question, however, because as anyone on the board will tell you, my experience with uploading pictures and the like is very limited! :wink:

As for your other question: I don't know if they are filming any of their concerts for a new DVD or not, but they certainly should! Do you have HFO and Farewell 1?

Brooke
04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Dang, I missed Lucy and Joe!

I kept going back and forth between ER and RTC and finally forgot about Lucy performing. Evidently she did it at the very end by which time I had gone to bed! :roll:

Btw, welcome to The Border AEF! Glad to have ya! :D

tbs fanatic
04-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm guessing they'll show it on the MTV site again. Like last week.

tbs fanatic
04-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Okay, I just went to the MTV site. It's up. I thought Lucy sang well but it was the wrong song for her. I really like the Cyndi Lauper version of it but Cyndi has a stronger voice than Lucy. I thought last week's song was a better choice. I think she might be good doing a more rocking number next week. It was sweet that Joe showed up she really seemed pleased.

AzEaglesFan
04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I do have the other DVDs, that's why I would love to have one from at least one of the concerts they are doing now.
I tried to add an avatar but I don't have any pictures and don't have a clue how to get any. All I really know about all this is I really LOVE the Eagles so I am so happy to find people that understand.

DonFan
04-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Go here:
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads.htm

and click on Avatars.

JoeFan
04-17-2008, 03:58 AM
Is it possible for those outside the States to vote?

Ive always been a dreamer
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM

Hey jf - good to hear from you, and love your new AV. As some wise guy once said "How you doin'?

I'm just guessing, but you probably can't vote outside of the states.

And just a reminder everyone - the next show airs tonight at 10:00 p.m. EST (I think). :wink:

tbs fanatic
04-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I'm usually out on a Thursday night but not tonight - Yay! Maybe I'll actually get to see it on tv this week. I hope Lucy does something more rocking this week. I think she needs to. She has a good voice and persona on the stage but, to be truthful, she doesn't have a 'blow them away' voice. Her competition isn't very strong (except maybe Jesse Snider) - I doubt she'd win American Idol. I'm saying all that even though I really, really would like her to win. If she wasn't Joe's daughter would you still think she was that good? I know, I'm in deep trouble now. I'll go stand in the corner :whip:

DonFan
04-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Here's a little preview before tonight's show--a youtube video I found of one of Lucy's songs called Lullaby. It is beautiful! I am really starting to love her voice a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTXaftpsLI&NR=1

sodascouts
04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Phew - she made it! I can't wait to see which of Joe's songs she performs!

DonFan
04-18-2008, 12:27 AM
She sang LITFL, so she has now technically covered two of Don's vocals. I was expecting her to sing a Joe song.
Actually, she probably had a hard time choosing a song, because they told her she had to rock out this week, and the best-loved songs with Joe vocals are slower songs.
Still, I thought she did a good job. I love her voice and her attitude.

sodascouts
04-18-2008, 12:39 AM
I was really surprised she chose LITL rather than a Joe vocal as well. Perhaps Don's more in her vocal range? Perhaps she thought a more well-known song will be a bigger hit with the crowd?

She was definitely charismatic, although after hearing the Eagles do this song everything suffers in comparison. I'm just glad she didn't get sent home.

The judges were too harsh on her, and I thought that guy saying that he wished Hammer's daughter had been the one to stay was downright tacky.

I wonder if Joe will ever play on the show? Doubtful. But it was cool of him to show up last week - you could tell it meant a lot to Lucy.

tbs fanatic
04-18-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought the judges were too harsh. They told her to rock it up a bit and she did. I have to say I don't think Lucy is going to make it to the end. When I listen to her songs on her myspace page I love them but somehow that's not coming across in the songs she's picking for this show - except the first song. I hope they let them pick a song of their own instead of keep putting these restraints on them 'Your parent picks a song', 'Sing one of your parents songs'.

sodascouts
04-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I think those are just gimmicks to involve the parents.

At first I thought she might make it, but after last night, I had visions of gloom and doom. So, I went ahead and voted for the first time on one of these reality shows. At least, I think I voted. It said "thanks for your vote," but then I got a busy signal.

As for your earlier question - I think she's got more star quality than any of the other folks on the show.

DonFan
04-18-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/rock_the_cradle/voting.jhtml?episodeId=3165

Here is link where you can vote online. These people are so clueless--they have Lucy and Lara Johnston mixed up. They call LITFL a Doobie Brothers song!

sodascouts
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh man. I hope that doesn't screw up voting. Thanks for the link!

tbs fanatic
04-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Here's a little preview before tonight's show--a youtube video I found of one of Lucy's songs called Lullaby. It is beautiful! I am really starting to love her voice a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTXaftpsLI&NR=1

I agree it is beautiful. Why isn't she coming across like this in RTC? I wish they had picked this song for the second show - she would of bowled them over and wouldn't be in such a precarious place now.

04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow - I am such a dunce! I made sure that I put a reminder up about the show yesterday, but then who is going to remind me???? I totally forgot all about the show last night. :shock: :? :doh:

samo
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Dreamer,
Don't feel bad. I reminded myself about 1 hour before it was to start and STILL forgot.

Brooke
04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I can relate. I had a meeting last night at 7 and remembered it at 7. There was a note on my frig all week!

So I was a bit late, but made it!

tbs fanatic
04-18-2008, 05:01 PM
You can see it all on MTV.com.

JoeFan
04-19-2008, 03:41 AM

Hey jf - good to hear from you, and love your new AV. As some wise guy once said "How you doin'?

I'm just guessing, but you probably can't vote outside of the states.

And just a reminder everyone - the next show airs tonight at 10:00 p.m. EST (I think). :wink:

Thanks, that's what I thought, a pity.

I've not been around because I've been so gutted about not being able to see the Eagles whilst they were in London that it's been difficult for me to enjoy talking about them. I realise that is silly. I'm trying to 'get over it.'

04-21-2008, 11:53 PM
I've not been around because I've been so gutted about not being able to see the Eagles whilst they were in London that it's been difficult for me to enjoy talking about them. I realise that is silly. I'm trying to 'get over it.'

Oh man, JF - I'm so sorry for you that you didn't get to go to a show. It's not silly at all that you are bombed - I know most all of us would feel exactly the same way. Hopefully, you'll get another chance in the future. :pray: :pray:

Brooke
04-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry, too, JF! I know how it is. I wanted to see Bon Jovi this week, too, but it just didn't work out. :(

Mrs Frey
04-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Awww, JF - I can just imagine how awful you are feeling! :( I'm so sorry that you didn't get to see one of the boys' shows while they were in London. Perhaps they will schedule another date that will be convenient for you - I really hope so for your sake.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2008, 05:40 PM

No! Its not silly Joefan! I understand how gutted you have been. I felt the same every other night that the boys played after I got home. The only way I managed to survive was to immerse myself in Eagles and Glenn :heart: music and more! I've worn my Eagles T-shirt and sweatshirt everyday bar 2 (when I had to work) since I came home, washing them at night and having them ready for the next day!! (I'm sad!)
Hopefully they will schedule some more dates this side of the pond soon! We are all hoping for an Irish (preferably Dublin) date. Would you come over here? If not hopefully the UK again. Hope you'll make it this time!

We are all 'Getting Over it' as best we can. Heres a big :hug:

DonFan
04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
They have an interesting short bio of Lucy posted on the Rock the Cradle site:
-------------------------------------------

Lucy Walsh grew up in the shadow of her famous father, Joe Walsh, guitarist for the legendary rock band the Eagles.

When she was five, Lucy started playing the piano by ear. She grew up as a pre-professional ballerina and was always immersed in the performing arts. By the time she was 18, she knew she wanted to take her love of music to the next level.

Lucy Walsh moved to Hollywood and concentrated on networking with other young musicians and artists. She became good friends with Ashlee Simpson, who asked Lucy to tour with her in 2004. After playing keys and singing backup on Ashlee's international Autobiography tour, Lucy decided it was time to focus on her own music and began writing songs. She started studying with a private teacher for voice, classical piano and theory.

Having grown up on the road with the Eagles, Lucy naturally has an ear for rich harmonies and deep lyrics. She brings those sounds and emotions to every one of her songs. In fact, she has written or co-written more than 80 songs, some of which will appear on her 2008 debut album.

---------------------------

There is also a daily blog where this was posted:

Today the remaining Rock the Cradle cast members are meeting with style Nazi, June Ambrose, to get some one-on-one advice on what to wear for this week’s performance. Whether they take that advice is another story. Below, Lucy goes over some choices… From my set insider: June was overheard calling Lucy a “fashion Diva bitch!”

:shock: Actually, I think that may be a complement! :wink:

Brooke
04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Ha! Yeah, sometimes it's hard to tell, isn't it?! :lol:

sodascouts
04-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Interesting bio. I wonder if Lucy wrote it herself, or it was just the result of an interview done with her? The reason I say this is because Lucy didn't really "Grow up on the road with the Eagles." The Eagles only toured for two years during her youth, 1994-1996. When they started touring in 1994 she was 10, and I wonder if Joe would even take her with him - he wasn't married to her mother at the time, after all. Even if he did, I would hardly call that "growing up on the road."

On a cooler level - written or co-written almost 80 songs - WOW!!!

sodascouts
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
BTW, I'm watching VH1 and it's playing right now. I didn't realize they were broadcasting it on VH1 as well!

JoeFan
04-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the sympathy everyone, maybe they will come back again, I hope so.

DonFan
04-24-2008, 07:51 AM
I wonder if Lucy wrote it herself, or it was just the result of an interview done with her? The reason I say this is because Lucy didn't really "Grow up on the road with the Eagles." The Eagles only toured for two years during her youth, 1994-1996. When they started touring in 1994 she was 10, and I wonder if Joe would even take her with him - he wasn't married to her mother at the time, after all. Even if he did, I would hardly call that "growing up on the road."

It was probably written by a PR rep for the show.

DonFan
04-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Just watched tonight's show. They were finally allowed to sing a song of their own choosing, and Lucy played piano and sang and did a very good job.
I think in the end, the contest may come down to Lucy and Crosby Loggins. Both have performed consistently well.

tbs fanatic
04-25-2008, 10:02 AM
YAY! Finally Lucy gets to show her real self. She did really well. If only she had been able to show that person all along. I think Crosby Loggins may have an edge because he has been able to show his real self more because he is somewhat similar to his Dad so the 'Parent Pick' themes have been an advantage for him compared to the others. I think Jesse Snider (who I have liked all along) faltered last night. The song didn't come across great and his outfit was just weird. I think you're right DF - it may well come down to Lucy and Crosby but Jesse is very popular with the fans so I wouldn't count him out.

DonFan
05-01-2008, 11:12 PM
There is no explaining what happened on Rock the Cradle tonight. Lucy was voted off, along with Lara Johnson. Lara has received low scores several times but Lucy has consistently been in the top, so this absolutely makes no sense. The biggest mystery of all is how Olivia's daughter Chloe could have possibly received more votes than Lucy--Chloe can't sing! I am completely mystified.

Joe made a second, longer appearance with Lucy earlier on the show, when she was preparing her first song, that was so sweet. He was very encouraging and supportive of her, and I am so thankful he came to be with her tonight, since I would never have believed that she wouldn't have made it to the final show.

I am VERY disappointed with this outcome. However, Lucy handled the send-off with grace and poise, thanking the judges and her fans and saying "You will see me in concert!" She can count me in on that.

BTW, here's a picture of Lucy & Joe together:
http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2008/04/29/rock-the-cradle-rehearsals-getting-intense/

sodascouts
05-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Oh man. I was disgusted. I'm telling you, Chloe is being kept in the game by pity votes. I had a friend admit as much to me - she said she was voting for Chloe and that Lucy was her least favorite. I asked her why. Her explanation: "Chloe seems so scared and nervous and I feel bad for her because she seems really sweet" vs. "Lucy seems like a brat. I think she's stuck up." Not a thing said about talent. LAME.

The appearance of Joe in the episode was great, especially since it was obviously his last opportunity.

BOGUS!!!!!!!

samo
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Last night was my first time watching the show. I finally remembered it was on. Boy, I am glad I did. I really loved seeing Joe encouraging her and being there for Lucy. I had never heard her sing before and I was blown away. She did an amazing job on a very emotional song. I can't believe that she was voted off. I was not impressed with Chloe at all. What a bummer :evil:

DonFan
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, last night was my LAST time watching that show. I was watching to support Lucy, and now that she is gone, I don't give a rip who wins.

The writer's strike has really changed my TV watching habits. While my favorite shows like House, Gray's Anatomy, and Medium were gone (shows that actually engaged my brain) I started watching Rock the Cradle, American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars. I have never watched so much reality TV before, and it is really starting to get on my nerves. :?

tbs fanatic
05-02-2008, 11:00 AM
I cannot believe Chloe is in the final and Lucy isn't???? What a shame. I wonder what song she was going to sing? I'm guessing Jesse is going to win the finale.

tbs fanatic
05-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Oh, I see from the website she sang one. I didn't catch the whole show. She did great with the song.

sodascouts
05-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I found a couple interviews that Lucy's done recently:

"Chips Off the Old Rock" (http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/chips-off-the-old-rock/2008/05/02/1209235147023.html?page=2)

Audio Interview with Lucy and Jesse Blaze Snider (http://www.tvgasm.com/newsgasm/news/newsgasm/interview-jesse-blaze-snider-a.php)

Sounds like Jesse and Lucy have gotten REALLY close. Hmmm......

05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Man - what a travesty that Chloe is in the final show and Lucy is not. Lucy is about a zillion times more talented than Chloe. That's what I hate about these kinds of shows - America does NOT always get it right. Here is the link to the segment in the show where Joe is with Lucy. If you haven't watched it, give it a look - it is very touching.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1586179&vid=230209

sodascouts
05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Ah, so sweet!

I wanted to add that the song Lucy sang, Evanescence's "My Immortal," is one of my favorite songs. However, it is extremely difficult to do live. Watch the original artist struggle to do it live:

Evanescence does "My Immortal" on David Letterman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2qZt8l7Xy8)

Lucy did a terrific job on a very challenging song.

tbs fanatic
05-05-2008, 10:10 AM
That was so sweet. I only caught the last part of the show and missed that. Really sweet.

As for Jesse and Lucy - yep, I really can see those two together.

sodascouts
05-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Lucy was on again tonight to congratulate the winner...

!!!!!!!!! SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CROSBY LOGGINS!

I'm glad he won. He was more talented than Jesse, IMO (sorry Lucy). If it couldn't be Lucy, I wanted it to be Crosby.

tbs fanatic
05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Have to say I was surprised Crosby Loggins won. I wonder if Lucy's shout out to her fans to vote for Jesse (last week) may have actually hurt him :? I'm sure she did it spontaneously but it didn't come over very well IMHO. I notice they called her on it and she didn't have a very good answer. Still I'm pleased for Crosby. Now let's see if we hear a lot more from him or he fades away.

05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Of course, I was disappointed that Lucy didn't win. I honestly think she was the best all-around talent on the show. She has all the ingredients that a rock star should have, IMO - she has a great voice, stage presence, charisma, fashion sense, and attitude. She has the ability to sing and do justice to many different types of music.

I thought Crosby Loggins and Jesse Blaze Snider were both very good, but not as multi-dimensional as Lucy. Crosby has a great voice, but I think he lacks stage presence. He still need to come out of his shell, IMHO. Jesse is a great entertainer, and has a great voice, but again, only seems to be suited to pure rock'n'roll.

tbs fanatic
05-09-2008, 03:36 PM
I thought Crosby Loggins and Jesse Blaze Snider were both very good, but not as multi-dimensional as Lucy. Crosby has a great voice, but I think he lacks stage presence. He still need to come out of his shell, IMHO. Jesse is a great entertainer, and has a great voice, but again, only seems to be suited to pure rock'n'roll.

I agree.

sodascouts
05-09-2008, 10:09 PM
The thing about Jesse is there are tons of hot guys out there who can do backflips and holler rock'n'roll. If he wants to make it, he has to dig a little deeper than that.

And Crosby, like Lucy, actually writes his own music. The last song he performed was an original composition.

One negative thing, though - I thought the chording of Crosby's chorus was VERY similar to The Calling's "Wherever You May Go." Maybe Crosby is taking after his father in that way too - Kenny Loggins' "Footloose" has a chorus with chording almost identical to "Funk 49"! Hmm, maybe Kenny should be glad Joe only came to tapings once, lol.

Lilyeye
06-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I stopped watching this show in the middle. It was a great idea, but I thought it could have been better than it was. I honestly thought Jesse was going to win, so I am surprised Crosby won, although I do think his a cutie. I am even more surprised that Chole lasted so long. I like unique singers, but I didn't think she was very good at all.

Mrs Henley
06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
I didn't watch it at all, my MTV doesn't put it on their shows..why not..I don't know..
I'm so happy that there's somebody who came with the Internet! :lol: I checked it out there and at Lucy's MySpace..so sad she didn't go to the final :(