PDA

View Full Version : Canada Tour Dates?

Will
03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi there! I've been looking around a bit--checked the official Eagles site, checked TicketMaster, tried Googling, etc, but I can't find any information on whether the Eagles will be touring in Canada this summer (or sometime this year/tour), specifically the Toronto area.

Has anyone heard anything, or does anyone know, if there will be Canada tour dates in the near future? The thing is, it's my parents' 25th anniversary this July, and I was really hoping to get them Eagles tickets (they're *big* fans), but I don't want to wait too long before I at least know if there's going to be a Canadian leg of the tour or not so I'll know I can get the tickets, otherwise I'll have to come up with some other plan so I don't miss their anniversary.

Thanks in advance...

--Will

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 09:43 PM
A lot of us are in that boat Will and we just don't know until they release dates. As they didn't include Dublin on their UK list I went to London. Now there is tentative talk of Dublin......Just don't know!
You could try buying them for a different show and if Canada comes up you could sell them on or use them yourself....?

What a lovely present for your parents' 25th, I hope my kids are as appreciative when I'm 25 years married!

sodascouts
03-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Sorry Will, I have no idea when/if they will come to Canada. It seems that they will be mounting a large tour eventually, but odds are they will not be in Canada in July. Do you have Ticketmaster.ca notifications for the Eagles?

Will
03-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies! :D

I guess I'll have to hurry up and wait then, with everyone else. I have TicketMaster notification set up, but I set it up on the U.S. site only, thinking that the U.S. dates are bound to come first anyway and that will give me the necessary heads-up, but I think I'll head on over to the Canadian site and set up notification from there as well, just in case.

Thanks!

EDIT: actually, I just tried that, but the site wants to revert to my regular account info anyway, so I think I should be covered receiving the alerts I'm set up for...

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Well if I hear anything on the ILAA alerts I'll post it up ASAP! They tend to let you know the dates before the tickets are for sale, so at least it will give you an idea. You could register with ILAA as well. You don't have to buy tickets from them if you dont want to. Keep an eye on Eaglesband.com as well.

Oh and Welcome to the board Will! :D

Will
03-30-2008, 09:43 PM
That's terrific, thank you for the suggestion! I just registered with them... those VIP packages look like exactly what I need.

:D

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 07:19 AM
Welcome to The Border, Will! :D I hope the Eagles will tour Canada for your sake, so that you can give your parents that wonderful gift that you are planning.

I would desperately love to see the boys in South Africa, but for now it's only a dream. :( I had to travel to London to see them!

Glennsallnighter
03-31-2008, 08:04 AM
That's terrific, thank you for the suggestion! I just registered with them... those VIP packages look like exactly what I need.

:D

They are brilliant and well worth it. Good luck!

sodascouts
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Will - check it out!

Eagles in Moncton (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811)

Will
03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
That's terrific! Moncton's a little far, but if that means other Canadian dates this summer, then it gives me great hope for finding something close to Toronto.

Will
04-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I see more U.S. tour dates are up! Hopefully won't be long now before more post-Moncton Canadian tour dates are posted. *hopes*

glenneaglesfan
04-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Finger crossed for you, Will, and by the way, welcome to the Border!

Will
04-17-2008, 01:51 PM
By the way, I noticed more dates have been added, including Toronto! Ticketmaster shows the 21st & 22nd of July, whereas Iloveallaccess shows just the 21st, but that's fine--I ordered my two 5-star VIP ticket packages just now (actually on-sale for the tickets is this coming Monday). Whew! Glad that's taken care of! My parents are going to *love* this. :D

Ive always been a dreamer
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Oh man, Will! You have got to be every parent's dream child. It is so wonderful of you to buy 5 star tickets for your parents. I'm sure it is an anniversary gift that they will never forget. You have to be sure to keep us posted about this. Will this be their first Eagles concert?

Will
04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh man, Will! You have got to be every parent's dream child. It is so wonderful of you to buy 5 star tickets for your parents. I'm sure it is a gift that they will never forget. You have to be sure to keep us posted about this. Will this be their first Eagles concert?

It will be, yeah. I wanted to make it extra memorable, and the 5-star looked like it would deliver, and with my TicketMaster experiences in the past, I didn't want to risk not getting them decent tickets (or any at all).
Also, I *was* saving for a house, but that's years away anyway!
And maybe this helps make up a little bit for me being somewhat of a jerk half my life, lol

:wink:

sodascouts
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, Will! I'm impressed! You are indeed a parent's dream!

Brooke
04-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow, Will! That is a wonderful gift for your parents! Good job!

Btw, can I give you my kids phone numbers so you can have a talk with them and tell them how a kid is supposed to treat his parents on their anniversaries? :wink: :laugh:

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2008, 04:03 PM
By the way, I noticed more dates have been added, including Toronto! Ticketmaster shows the 21st & 22nd of July, whereas Iloveallaccess shows just the 21st, but that's fine--I ordered my two 5-star VIP ticket packages just now (actually on-sale for the tickets is this coming Monday). Whew! Glad that's taken care of! My parents are going to *love* this. :D

Thats brilliant Will. I hope my kids are as considerate when I reach that milestone. I'm sure your parents will have a great night that they will never forget. Are you going as well?

Will
04-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Wish I could, but I won't be getting up to Canada until August, although I might take a crack at getting some MSG tix (though with what I just spent, I should probably be trying to save some money, ahaha). :shock:

Mrs Frey
04-18-2008, 02:47 AM

That's wonderful Will! What a great gift to your parents - they sure are going to be thrilled!

Will
07-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and say that my parents had a *fantastic* time at the concert! Thank you again for the recommendation of iLoveAllAccess. It worked out beautifully. My parents really enjoyed the dinner (and they won prizes!), and the seats they got were in the second row, dead center! I honestly couldn't have asked for better for them. When I priced tickets at MSG (the Air Canada Centre holds about 20K people) as comparison, front-row tix were like $1600 each, 2nd row like $1500/ea, etc, and considering that I paid about $1300 *total* for everything, I feel that I got a spectacular deal.
I'm not a shill for iLAA, but I'm going to head over to their site and given them great feedback. Obviously I wouldn't use them for any show that I already had presale access to and just wanted to see the concert, but for something special like this, I wouldn't hesitate.

Thanks again!

-_Will

TimothyBFan
07-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Will-I am so glad that your parents enjoyed themselves. I'm sure it left you with a great feeling knowing that you pleased them so much for this special occasion. Kudos to you for a job well done!!! :)

Ive always been a dreamer
07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
I agree, tbf. Will, I said before, but I'll repeat it - that was an incomparable anniversary gift for your parents. I am so glad that they had such a wonderful ILAA and concert experience. You are every parents dream son. Thanks so much for following up and letting us know how it went. That is a "feel good" story if I ever heard one! :wink:

sodascouts
07-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the follow-up, Will. I'm so glad to hear your parents had a great time!

Glennsallnighter
07-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Will, I'm delighted that everything worked out well for your parents and that they had such a great time. I'm sure your review to ILAA will be great! Well done

Keep visiting us here. ok!

glenneaglesfan
07-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Will, thanks for letting us know. I'm so pleased your parents had such a great time. They'll never forget their wonderful anniversary present from you.