PDA

View Full Version : RIP Charlton Heston

sodascouts
04-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Charlton Heston died today at 84.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23975503/

I really admired this man. His performance as Judah Ben-Hur moved me to tears consistently, every time I watched the movie. He had been suffering from Alzheimer's, and I guess it was his time, but he will be missed.

Molly
04-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Love him or hate him for his politics, he was an amazing actor -an American icon.

RIP

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Indeed he was. I too loved his performance in Ben Hur and I also saw him in 'The Colby's' :blush: which along with Dynasty was extremely popular over here in the 80's.

I'm also impressed that he married at 20 and his wife of 64 years was at his side when he died.

May he Rest in Peace.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I totally agree with what you said, Molly. And I believe he must finally be a peace after his long suffering with this dreadful disease.

DonFan
04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I was so sorry to hear about his death. Ben-Hur and the Ten Commandments are two of my favorite movies, thanks largely to Charlton Heston. He will definitely be missed.

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I saw the sad news in a local newspaper this morning and was shocked. I'm very sorry to read it, and my sympathies are with his family and friends. I also enjoyed "Ben Hur" - it was a brilliant film and an outstanding performance by Charlton.

rcknalwys
04-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Thank you for the link Soda. I hadn't heard this yet. He was an amazing man who gave so many people so many unforgettable roles over the years. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

glenneaglesfan
04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
A sad day. Charlton Heston was one of my early film star heroes - not so much for the blockbusters, but for amazing character acting in such films as Will Penny and Major Dundee. Condolences to his wife and family.

Maleah
04-18-2008, 11:51 PM
I was so sad when I read this (on the cover of People magazine no less :roll: ). I really admired and respected him as well. I will never forget watching The Ten Commandments over and over again. I would always get goosebumps!