PDA

View Full Version : more tour dates: Boston

Perfect Little Sister
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Sorry if this is old news, but I just saw it on the official Eagles site.

TOUR DATES
July 28, 2008 - TD BankNorth Arena
Boston, MA
Public On Sale: 4/21

July 30, 2008 - TD BankNorth Arena
Boston, MA
Public On Sale: 4/21

Maleah
04-10-2008, 12:06 AM
*sigh* :( Not gettin' much closer. Seriously.....I'm getting really frustrated by this one or two dates at a time stuff. I don't make a lot of money.......I need to know quite a ways in advance if they're going to be coming near me so I can buy a ticket! I'm having a constant battle in my mind.......should I go bankrupt trying to travel somewhere to see them? Should I wait and pray they come close to me???

Sorry for venting :D Just a tad frustrated is all. 8)

Mrs Frey
04-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Maleah, girlfriend, I totally understand what you're going through! I had to make the same decision. I don't earn a lot of money either, so I'd basically made up my mind last year that I was going to travel to see them, before they even brought out their new album! :shock: I had extra motivation since I knew I had a chance of meeting two of my Border friends if I travelled.

Don't give up hope, girl! Start saving NOW! I have every confidence that they will make a turn near you! :nod:

Perfect Little Sister
04-10-2008, 04:09 AM
It seems like they recently had a contest...i want to say for tix to the CMT awards and when you entered they had this little questionnaire as to the closest place to you for concerts. I think it was done to give them some ideas as to where they had the most concentration of fans for booking purposes. Maybe we will see some results from that and the dates will start coming in faster. At least we can hope. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
04-11-2008, 06:49 AM
I understand how you all feel, particularly those of you who haven't yet been able to see the boys on this tour. I too am dithering......do I spend out on plane fare accomodation and 'keep money' at some other venue or do I keep my powder dry in the hope that they will travel here? They have done so before and were very well received, so its reasonable to expect they will again. I'd also be able to go to all the dates here whereas could really only afford 1 abroad! I worked in Boston nearly 20 years ago and have always entertained thoughts of gping back, but at the end of July......High heat and humidity.......... :yuck: I'd love to go late fall.

Brooke
04-11-2008, 09:56 AM
I really think they will be going everywhere. They have said they will be doing a world tour, right? It's just hard to wait for the complete list, although I will. I'm sure they will be in the midwest. If not this year, next.

tbs fanatic
04-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm going to hold out and figure THEY WILL hit the midwest :pray: OMG - If they don't they had better plan on coming and giving me a private concert in my backyard!!!!!

DonFan
04-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm going to hold out and figure THEY WILL hit the midwest :pray: OMG - If they don't they had better plan on coming and giving me a private concert in my backyard!!!!!

Ooooh--where do we line up to put in that request? Because I want one of those, too! :rockguitar: :drummer: :headbang:

Brooke
04-11-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm wanting to go see a couple other bands, but I'm scared to commit in case it would conflict with the Eagles. :roll:

Mrs Frey
04-14-2008, 04:58 AM

Ooooh--where do we line up to put in that request? Because I want one of those, too! :rockguitar: :drummer: :headbang:

Count me in! :twisted: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2008, 06:11 AM

Count me in! :twisted: :wink:

Me Too!! :D

tbs fanatic
04-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Well dang it - why don't they just give up the stadium concerts and just give us true fans backyard concerts :D We could stick the grill on, bake an apple pie, break out a beer. What could be nicer than that?? We could even pass the hat around for donations for their travel expenses. Oh yes, this is definitely one of my better ideas :idea:

sodascouts
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM
lol - Sounds like a plan! ;)

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Indeed sounds like a great plan, but hang the travel expenses. I'd like to transport Glenn :heart: around myself......on my own.....in my Ford (Its a girl My Lord..... :wink: )

tbs fanatic
04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Freypower
04-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Well dang it - why don't they just give up the stadium concerts and just give us true fans backyard concerts :D We could stick the grill on, bake an apple pie, break out a beer. What could be nicer than that?? We could even pass the hat around for donations for their travel expenses. Oh yes, this is definitely one of my better ideas :idea:

They can play at my daughter's pool party for her birthday at my mother's house. We can knock down the clothesline and have them playing instead of a bouncy castle. Glenn has to supply the Dom Perignon though. In return he gets Aussie steaks and sausages (Tim can have a salad). :twisted: :P

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM

They can play at my daughter's pool party for her birthday at my mother's house. We can knock down the clothesline and have them playing instead of a bouncy castle. Glenn has to supply the Dom Perignon though. In return he gets Aussie steaks and sausages (Tim can have a salad). :twisted: :P

Dom P for Aussie steaks and sausages. That sounds like an excellent trade FP. Can I bring the Guinness?
Actually we could have the bouncy castle as well. I wouldn't mind having a bounce with Glenn :heart: . :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Freypower
04-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, but where does the stage go? Do they have their equipment on the grass? I guess they would. :D

DonFan
04-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah, but where does the stage go? Do they have their equipment on the grass? I guess they would. :D

I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time the boys performed on grass. :pimp:

sodascouts
04-15-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL!!!

Mrs Frey
04-15-2008, 02:27 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm feeling a bit sad this morning, but this really cheered me up! I enjoyed each one of your comments, but FP, the part I highlighted was the best - especially the bit about the salad for Tim! :hilarious:

Mrs Frey
04-15-2008, 02:29 AM
Dom P for Aussie steaks and sausages. That sounds like an excellent trade FP. Can I bring the Guinness?
Actually we could have the bouncy castle as well. I wouldn't mind having a bounce with Glenn :heart: . :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GA, you are such a BAD girl! :shock: :wink:

Mrs Frey
04-15-2008, 02:33 AM

No, no, no, that would never do - all their sound would disappear into the grass, and Glenn :heart: would have a fit. :wink: I know people who can organise a stage for them (being in the band business and all :wink: ), and I'll have it flown to Australia on the back of my flight. :D