PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU HAVE EAGLES AS YOUR RINGTONE?

freyfantastic61
04-19-2008, 02:15 PM
:D Hi just wondered if you all have an Eagles ringtone and which one? At the mo' I have "How long" as my text tone and JTBBF as my ringtone! Also different ones for close friends! Any excuse really!! luv FF61 :drummer:

sodascouts
04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I have lots of Eagles ringtones, several for different friends. I have Glenn's Call on Me (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/CallOnMe02.mp3) and The Heat Is On (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/THIO1.mp3); Don/Stevie's The Highwayman (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/highwayman2.mp3) and Leather and Lace (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/MP3/tones/leatherandlace.mp3) (my default); Eagles' Pretty Maids All in a Row (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/multimedia/ringtones/prettymaids.mp3), Life in the Fast Lane (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/litfl.mp3), and Chug All Night (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/chugallnight2.mp3). While these may seem unusual choices, they are personalized for certain people, and it fits 'em. lol For instance, my oldest friend that I've known since grade school gets "Hi, there how are ya? It's been a long time; seems like we've come a long way" from PMAIAR.

These are all ones I've made myself. I do have an old tinny "New Kid in Town" ringtone that I got from the cell phone site, but it blows so hard I use it for calls I dread like the doctor, lol.

glenneaglesfan
04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I've got the most basic Nokia phone. I did try and compose Tequila Sunrise for it, but it seemed a bit lame. I'd love to get a phone that could download decent ringtones. When this one packs up.... :D

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2008, 04:30 PM
..... I hope you get a good one :wink: I've a Blackberry but for some reason although I've tried I can't get any ringtones onto it other than those that were provided. Oh well, I'll persevere!

Maleah
04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
I have downloaded the following from Verizon as ringtones -

Boys of Summer (Don)
Smugglers Blues (Glenn)
You Belong To The City (Glenn)
Walk Away (James Gang)
Funk #49 (James Gang)
Rocky Mountain Way (Joe)

I also have BOS as a ringback tone (it's what you would hear if you called me instead of ringing)

I also downloaded How Long and BBF from Walmart but they are HORRIBLE quality. I was really disappointed!

Brooke
04-20-2008, 08:38 PM
I haven't signed up to be able to download ringtones, so I'm stuck with what my phone has on it, which isn't much but the basics! :roll:

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2008, 05:41 AM
SMUGGLERS BLUES!! Oh I'd Die to have my phone ring with that tone Maleah!

Maleah
04-21-2008, 05:43 AM
I freaked out when I saw it too :D I've racked up quite a bill before with ringtone downloads :shock:

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
I freaked out when I saw it too :D I've racked up quite a bill before with ringtone downloads :shock:

When I had my Motorola I did too, mainly 80's stuff. If they sound good they are worth it but I'd be bummed too if it sounded awful after purchasing it!

Does anyone out there have a BlackBerry?

tbs fanatic
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
I've got the most basic Nokia phone. I did try and compose Tequila Sunrise for it, but it seemed a bit lame. I'd love to get a phone that could download decent ringtones. When this one packs up.... :D

I'm the same gef my kids think my phone is seriously lame :roll:

samo
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I have been able to find on AT&T (my carrier) a few songs from Don, Joe & Glenn's solo career, but they don't have any Eagles.

Any help on where to find them? Thanks!

sodascouts
04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
We're out of luck, samo, when it comes to AT&T. I had to make my own ringtones, which I put here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/ringtones.htm - however, they are not compatible with all phones. :(

Witchy Mummy
04-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I have Funk #49 from the millenium concert. My husband managed to get it off my laptop and onto my phone. I have no idea how he did it :? My kids still think I'm pretty cool so they love my ringtone. Give it a few years and I'm sure they will be complaining!

samo
04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
SodaScouts--Thanks!! I am going to have my son help me with the downloads since he is the computer whiz.

Toonlass
05-16-2008, 03:58 AM
I have individual ringtones for different people, so when WM rings me from her home number I hear I Love To Watch a Woman Dance, from her mobile I get Jackson's Jamaica Say You Will.

My standard ringtone is How Long, but my quiet ringtone is Midnight Visitor.

Marco
05-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I've Got
Pretty Maids All In A Row for messages (HFO)
Hotel California for calls (HFO)

I also have
Learn To Be Still (HFO)
The End Of The Innocence (Studio)

Mrs Henley
05-29-2008, 09:15 AM
I've for calls My Thanksgiving. :love:

johnmusic88
06-04-2008, 04:21 PM
The End of Innocence is my main tone

DonFan
06-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Finally, FINALLY, after trying in vain to get an Eagles or Henley song as my ringtone on T-Mobile for several years, hubby & I updated our cell phone plan last night and got new phones and today my ringtone is......drum roll please......BOYS OF SUMMER! :heart:
Now every time my phone rings I hear Don's voice singing to me.
It's about damn time. 8)

samo
06-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Way to go DF!! There's nothing like having a great ringtone :D

DonFan
06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Now, if it was actually Don on the line when I answer my cell, I would really be happy! :wink:

Brooke
06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
:yay: Good for you, DF!

I'm still in the dark ages and don't have ANY Eagles ringtones! :roll:

Mrs Frey
06-18-2008, 02:25 AM
That's great, DF! :D

Brooke, like you, I'm also still in the dark ages :lol: - if I want an Eagles ringtone, I'm going to have to "compose" it myself! I have a Nokia 3310, but I'm not complaining - it's a good little phone, and it does what I need it for. Nothing fancy. :wink: My general ringtone is "Love Me Tender", which I "composed", and I have two other ringtones for two particular friends when they phone: "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" and "If", as those are favourite songs of theirs. I did those years ago, and I've just been too lazy to do more. It's time consuming!

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Finally, FINALLY, after trying in vain to get an Eagles or Henley song as my ringtone on T-Mobile for several years, hubby & I updated our cell phone plan last night and got new phones and today my ringtone is......drum roll please......BOYS OF SUMMER! :heart:
Now every time my phone rings I hear Don's voice singing to me.
It's about damn time. 8)

Oh thats brilliant DF!. I can't seem to get them on the BlackBerry but I do have portable email which is great. If I had an Eagles or Glenn ringtone it might be
'Partytown' or 'POMPOY'

TimothyBFan
06-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Right now I have Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh! My phone went off the other day and my sister in law asked what that song was, I told her and she said "I knew it had to be something to do with the Eagles!" Am I really that transparent? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Probably :D

I know I am!

samo
06-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm right there with you TBF--I currently have Funk #49 as mine (surprise, surprise!!) :wink:

Freypower
06-18-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't (runs and hides) HAVE a moblie (cell) phone. :blush:

I think it's interesting that you can choose ringtones to go with the person who calls you. I would only be called by my husband and my mother (Rosalind isn't old enough yet) so if it were possible my ringtones would have to be Frank Zappa's Peaches En Regalia and Ella & Louis' A Foggy Day. Hmmmm.

Brooke
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
That's very unusual these days, Fp. Actually, I find it refreshing!

My kids are so glued to their phones I think it's a shame that they NEED to be available to one at all times. I would think some workplaces would even need to ban them!

I have one and use it mainly when I go to town which is 13 miles away and farther depending on the town. I can hardly even get service in the boonies where I live. I got it mainly for emergencies.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-07-2008, 02:51 AM
i have a lot of eagles/DH/Jw ringtones ,y main one is Hotel California my mom's is boys of summer and my grandma's is either life in the fast lane or life's been good

if you go to phone zoo you can make your own and it only costs you a text message (if it cost you text)

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 06:52 AM
if you go to phone zoo you can make your own and it only costs you a text message (if it cost you text)

Thanks for the tip TGOS! :D

If my best friend calls: Glennie with Big Life
If my mom calls: Take It Easy (she loves that song haha)
If my other best friend calls: Joe with Funk#49
And for all the other calls: How Long

Prettymaid
09-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Hubby and I recently renewed our cell phone plan and got new 'free phones'. As a self proclaimed electronically challenged being, I was determined to create my own ringtone. I knew exactly what song I wanted. After almost a week of perseverance I finally figured it out! Now every time my phone rings what do I hear? Look no further than my signature!

Brooke
09-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Very cool, PM!

I'm too tight to sign up for ringtones, so therefore, all I have is the boring standard ring. :rolleyes:

Prettymaid
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I did mine through a website called cellsea. Haven't received the phone bill yet to see what the damage is!:worried: As for the site, it was free.

sodascouts
09-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Great choice, PM! I adore custom ringtones - makes getting phone calls even more fun. ;) I actually bought an extended memory card so I could have different ringtones for all my friends and family!

ticky
09-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I use Phonezoo a lot and have about 3 different Hotel California ring tones for different things. I also have a few Joe solos but for my daughter Jenni I have Tommy Tutone 8675309 (my anthem in college *G* and what Jenni is named after.. well so SHE thinks.. ) I also have a card for all the extra ringtones AND pictures (mostly Joe but some of the kids *grin*) For Cliff I have Missionary Man *grin* but usually its the Hotel California intro.

Glennsallnighter
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM
I've been able to get internet on my new BlackBerry :yay: and so went into Soda's ringtone page. You can download them straight to the BB. So I now have POMPOY as my general ringtone. Another advantage is that I can bring the Border everywhere with me although it is a bit more cumbersome than using a computer. But it works :thumbsup:

lyin' eyes
09-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I have several Eagles ringtones.

How long- for my long time best friend. thats her fav. song
Take it easy- for my mom.
Boys of summer- for my guy friends that i visit in the summer. haha
Take it to the limit- my best friend who loves to shop instead of pay her bills. Song fits her well i must say.

my ringtone for when you call me is Busy being Fabulous.

I am about to get an iphone soon. Then i will have the Eagles with me all the time.

im soo glad i found this board. You guys are just like me. All my freinds tell me that i am way obsessed with them.. I just give an eye roll everytime they say that LOL

ticky
09-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I have several Eagles ringtones.

How long- for my long time best friend. thats her fav. song
Take it easy- for my mom.
Boys of summer- for my guy friends that i visit in the summer. haha
Take it to the limit- my best friend who loves to shop instead of pay her bills. Song fits her well i must say.

my ringtone for when you call me is Busy being Fabulous.

I am about to get an iphone soon. Then i will have the Eagles with me all the time.

im soo glad i found this board. You guys are just like me. All my freinds tell me that i am way obsessed with them.. I just give an eye roll everytime they say that LOL

hehehehe I love the Takes it to the limit and Busy Being Fabulous ring tones *G* those are great!

Littlemelly9
09-12-2008, 05:01 PM
:D Hi just wondered if you all have an Eagles ringtone and which one? At the mo' I have "How long" as my text tone and JTBBF as my ringtone! Also different ones for close friends! Any excuse really!! luv FF61 :drummer:

I've Got How Long TOO!!

Brooke
10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Ok, I'm really going to show my stupidity here, but we're amongst friends, right? :rolleyes:

I recently got the cord to connect my cell phone to my computer. I thought I would be able to then download some of the ringtones from here, but I plug it in and nothing happens.

So, what do I do next? Can anyone help me? :doh:

Mrs Henley
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't know if you have Bluetooth at your phone?
But if you have, you can buy an adapter for you computer and send the ringtones via bluetooth to your phone!

I've got exactually the same problem, but with bluetooth it works! :)

Brooke
10-22-2008, 04:11 PM
No, no bluetooth. :-(

Mrs Henley
10-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Dang!
You use a cable I guess..
Maybe if you go to an telephone store, and ask if they know something.

Sorry Girl, I can't help you than :(

Brooke
10-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks anyway, MH.

Actually, the cell phone store told me that all I would have to do is plug it in and voila-download begins! :rolleyes:

Mrs Henley
10-22-2008, 04:43 PM
It's cool!

You can't be kidding.. How strange, I will ask my cellphone store if they know something :)

Prettymaid
10-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Where are you trying to download the song from, Brooke?

ticky
10-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Does anything at all happen when you plug in your phone? What kind of Phone is it? Try hitting the microsoft key (the one with the little microsoft flag on it) and the "E" key at the same time, that should bring up your explorer. It will show on the left side all the "drives" on your computer. Do you see anything there that looks like it could be your phone? (anything that says LG or keyocera or ATT or anything like that?) I just want to know if your computer is recognizing your phone. If it is, you might be able to just drag files into the phone.
Otherwise, I use an online service called phonezoo. I just upload the ringtone to phonezoo and they send it to my phone. Its free and actually I make my own ring tones there. Its very easy.

Brooke
10-23-2008, 10:48 AM
PM, I'm trying to download a ringtone from EOC.

ticky, nothing happens when I plug in my phone. I tried pressing the two keys together and still, nothing happens. I have a Samsung phone and US Cellular service.

Thank you both for your help.

I'll try phonezoo I guess.

Mrs Henley
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Which Samsung do you have Brooke?

I hope that phonezoo works!

Brooke
10-23-2008, 01:05 PM
I have the SCH-U340 snap.

Troubadour
10-25-2008, 09:22 PM
I change my actual ringtone quite a lot, but my text message alert is always Wasted Time. The only problem is I don't read the message for about thirty seconds because I have to at least get to "I know what's been on your mind" before I can switch it off! Sad, but true.

Mrs Henley
10-26-2008, 12:08 PM
I have the SCH-U340 snap.

OK! I will ask if my phone store knows something about the no reaction of the computer :)

Mrs Henley
10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I have to search my phone now which ringtones I have of the Eagles..Let's see.

The usual incoming calls: Busy Being Fabulous - I always pick up after "I came home in an empty house" - so the most people hang up by that time already, lol.

If somebody calls who's in my GF Group: Somebody - I always started to scream when that song starts, oops lol.

Family: Guilty Of The Crime - no comment for that.

And last but not least..
My Don Crowd: All She Wants To Do Is Dance - always keeps me happy!

sodascouts
10-26-2008, 12:39 PM
ticky, nothing happens when I plug in my phone. I tried pressing the two keys together and still, nothing happens. I have a Samsung phone and US Cellular service.

This is your problem right here. For some reason, your computer isn't recognizing it. It sounds like a compatibility issue. I'd take it to the dealer and ask about it.

Mrs Henley
10-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Doctor Soda's advice! :) lol

Brooke
10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
I finally talked to US Cellular on the phone and they told me I can't download songs from anywhere except their sites. Strange, because a rep at my local store told me about buying the cord. Evidently, she didn't know what she was talking about! :-x

Does anyone else have US Cellular service and are able to download from other places, like here?

fred
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
I Have the complete Long Road Out Of Eden cd On My Phone, so i can chose the song that i will have as a ringtone. It Is a Sony Erickson Walkman Phone.:partytime:

sodascouts
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
I have AT&T Cingular, with BlueTooth.

Peekaboo
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I've always found it so much easier to have a phone that is bluetooth compatible. It's a lot easier (and free) to send and receive ringtones, pictures, and video that way. I've gotten a lot of good ringtones from other people by using bluetooth.

Mrs Henley
11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I've always found it so much easier to have a phone that is bluetooth compatible. It's a lot easier (and free) to send and receive ringtones, pictures, and video that way. I've gotten a lot of good ringtones from other people by using bluetooth.

I agree Jess, and you can make a connection with computers and stuff!

Maleah
09-28-2009, 05:29 PM
(in fact, it's my new ring tone *G*)

Now you just need to buy a computer program and make a lot more ringtones ;)

MikeA
09-28-2009, 05:39 PM

Don't have to "buy it" Maleah. "Audacity" is free and you can load in any MP3 or probably any other format song and chop out a segment you like. You will have to compress it and make sure it is under 500kb....that's the maximum a lot of cell phone logic chips allow. But it is pretty easy to do.

I did that "Blackdog" clip with Audacity but I recorded it myself.

ticky
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM

I go to phonezoo.com and make ringtones and upload pictures from there.. its super easy and free. I havent had any issues with erroneous phone calls or anything so it seems to be working pretty well! AND anyone else who is on Phonezoo can download and use my ring tones!

Maleah
09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Nice! I've tried both and either didn't like what it took to make one or didn't like the quality. lol So I bought a program at office depot where I pick the part I want and fade in/out or add effects if I want. I have become the ringtone go to gal I guess with my friends because they always go through my phone and text whichever ones they want to themselves. Good thing I have unlimited texting! :hilarious:

sodascouts
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I made about 100 ringtones from various Eagles and Fleetwood Mac tunes so each of my friends can have a unique one. Lots of fun! Unfortunately, most people just tell me "I don't care which song you use, as long as it's one you like!" lol

TimothyBFan
09-29-2009, 06:29 AM
I also use Phonezoo.com and figure if I can do it---ANYONE can! :hilarious: It's super easy and I have had no problems either. I was so proud of myself when I finally accomplished it. Now I've got a phone full of different ringtones that I am continuiously changing.

Brooke
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm so behind on this. :rolleyes:

Do you have to have internet access from your phone to then get the ringtone you made at phonezoo?

TimothyBFan
09-29-2009, 11:11 AM
No. When you sign up for phonezoo, it will ask for your cell # and the make and model etc... then after you have edited the song to a ring tone, it gives you the option to send it as a message to your phone. When you get the message you can then set it as a ringtone. Seriously, they direct you thru it all. You literally will browse your itunes thru phonezoo and go from there. You can use any part of the song you want, up to 30 seconds of the song and can fade it in or out etc....

Seriously Brooke--If I can do it, you wont have any problems either.

Brooke
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
I'll give it a shot! Thanks TBF!

Brooke
09-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Well, it doesn't work for me. US Cellular is my carrier and they don't allow content downloads. Now I remember trying all this a while back. :thumbsdown:

Maleah
09-29-2009, 04:27 PM
They won't let you receive it in a text message?

TimothyBFan
09-30-2009, 07:24 AM
They won't let you receive it in a text message?

I was wondering that also. I don't know much about these things but the ones I make on phonezoo are sent to my phone as a text message and then I hit options and set it as a ringtone.

Brooke
09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I was wondering that also. I don't know much about these things but the ones I make on phonezoo are sent to my phone as a text message and then I hit options and set it as a ringtone.

I haven't tried getting a text, but they don't even list my phone as being compatible. Doesn't anyone else use US Cellular? I think the only way I can download ringtones is to buy their service, which I refuse to do. They are the only carriers in my area that work. The others don't have towers out here in the boonies!

Sorry to hijack the thread with this. If anyone can help, pm me.

AmarilloByMorning
09-30-2009, 03:48 PM
I just received a phone call to the infectiously melodious opening strains of EOTI! Who knew a question about work could be so exciting! It's the little things in life...

Troubadour
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
I have BBF as my ringtone at the moment, although it's on silent most of the time! My alarm tone is my Eagles playground. Right now, it's Peaceful Easy Feeling, although other favourites are Funk #49 (when I need that feel-good kick in the morning!), The Last Resort, or Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise. The only problem with the last two is that I end up staying in bed for way too long, setting and resetting my alarm, just so I can hear them again...

sodascouts
09-30-2009, 06:48 PM
It's funny - I have my alarm set to play "Peaceful Easy Feeling" - live HFO, second night. It always helps me wake up because I don't want to hit "snooze" - I want to hear the whole song.

cynd1231
09-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm using "Hole in the World" for my primary ringtone and the voicemail alert is TBS singing "I Only Have Eyes For You".....I've got several Eagles songs loaded on my cell for ringtones, etc.

TimothyBFan
10-01-2009, 08:21 AM
I have tons of Eagles ringtones but have tons of others also and I am continuously changing them. I also use special songs for certain friends ringtones such as my friend Amy's ringtone is Aimee by Pure Prairie League, my brother always has a John Mellencamp ringtone (he's Mellencamp's biggest stalker), Nancy's is Peaceful Easy Feeling (imagine that!) and so on. It's really fun trying to put songs to people!

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
My main ringtone is POMPOY. I've often thought of setting the ipod to waken me up to a Eagles playlist but decided I'd never get up if I did. So I still use the radio. However its always a thrill to be woken up by an Eagles song, and it often happens, giving me an excuse to lie in the warmth for another few minutes.

Maleah
10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I have a ton as well, including:

The Long Run (1st verse, chorus, and 2nd verse...so 3 total lol!)
How Long (beginning and 2nd verse)
Peaceful Easy Feeling (chorus)
Somebody (verse)
Long Road Out Of Eden (Don's bridge and Joe's guitar solo)
Life in the Fast Lane (intro and 1st verse)
I Can't Tell You Why (1st verse)
Take It To The Limit (end of verse/chorus)
Hotel California (chorus)
Take It Easy (chorus)
Waiting In The Weeds (1st chorus)
The Heat Is On (chorus)
Smugglers Blues (Nancy's ringtone lol)
Funk #49 (Ticky's ringtone lol)
Boys of Summer (chorus)
Dirty Laundry (1st verse)

That's all I can remember now :hilarious:

Brooke
10-02-2009, 09:17 AM
:jealous: I'm going to have to quit reading this thread. :-x

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I've tried to get into the ringtone site on my new BlackBerry but to no avail and I can't find Glenn :heart: ringtones at all.

Any ideas?

Also Soda any chance you could make a ringtone out of either the intro to or the chorus of 'Somebody' if possible. Thanks.

Maleah
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Hmm I don't think I've seen any Glenn ringtones on any of the free sites. I bought a program where I can make my own and then save them on my phone or send them to people in a txt. That's the only reason I have so many Eagles related ones. lol!

sodascouts
01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
GA, here are the ones I made for "Somebody":

Somebody - Intro (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/SomebodyIntro.mp3)

Somebody - "Jack'o'lantern moon" (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/SomebodyHalloween.mp3)

Somebody - Chorus (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/SomebodyChorus.mp3)

Somebody - Guitar Solo (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/ringtones/SomebodyGuitarSolo.mp3)

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Thanks Nancy, I'll see what I can do with these.

True, Maleah, I can't find any Glenn :heart: tones on any of the websites. the ones I had were from this site, but they seem to be gone now. What is the programme you bought?

TimothyBFan
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Like I've said before, I use Phonezoo.com. You can make anything you want from your own music using any part of a song you want. It's so easy too. If I can do it--anyone here can also.

cynd1231
01-27-2010, 10:34 AM
I use 'makeownringtone.com' and create my own. It's a great program that allows you to isolate segments and save them. Have been using it for quite a while and have made several tones that are saved to my phone. Right now, however, my phone is set with a 30-second segment of the first verse of Timothy's "I Only Have Eyes For You" from the 'Babysitter' soundtrack. Haven't taken time recently to update but plan to spend some time this weekend making some EXPANDO ringtones!

sodascouts
01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
the ones I had were from this site, but they seem to be gone now. What is the programme you bought?

They didn't seem to be usable for everyone and most folks could make their own, so I took 'em down. If you want some, just let me know.

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks Soda, I got the Somebody ones anyway, I wouldn't mind a few Glenn :heart: ones at some stage but no rush. I'll be on tonight.

MikeA
01-29-2010, 07:49 AM
I think the hardest part about ringtones is finding the part you want to use for the tone in a song.

I never tried any of the "ringtone dedicated" software. Since I use "Audacity" a lot for other digital recording purposes, I use it for the ringtones too. It has a nice "sillyscope" that shows the waveform of the song that you load into it. You can pull MP3 or WAV files in (audio tracks on CDs are really WAV) and of course about anything you download off the internet are MP3.

Once you get the song into Audacity, you simply highlight the part that you want to keep and delete the rest.

The trick is that most phones will only handle about 500K snatches of songs and some phones are particular about the compression. It is trial and error to cut a piece of a song and then work on the compression until the size is within the right boundary. The higher the compression, the longer the ringtone while remaining under the 500K wall.

The best thing about "Audacity" is that it is free.

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks for all that advice everybody. :grouphug: I appreciate it and will certainly investigate some of the suggestions.

Maleah
01-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Thanks Nancy, I'll see what I can do with these.

True, Maleah, I can't find any Glenn :heart: tones on any of the websites. the ones I had were from this site, but they seem to be gone now. What is the programme you bought?

The one that I bought is just called "Ringtone Media Studio" and it came in a blue box. I got it from Office Depot. I doubt that's much help though, sorry. :worried:

Tessa
01-31-2010, 04:11 AM
I cut my ringtones with a program called "Audiograbber", make an mp3 and copy it via bluetooth on my Samsung S5something. I always us the chorus for ringtones. I have

This way to happiness (Mum)
Dirty laundry (Dad)
You belong to the city (the sax part) (Grandma)
Love rules (my Lovey)
and for several friends:
Sitdown you're rocking the boat
Calling me
I will not go quietly
Busy beeing fabulous
Get over it
Long Road out of Eden
What makes the Irish heart beat
and for callers without number or number I don't know:
How long

Short - there's no other ringtone on my phone but Eagles :hilarious:

cynd1231
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
I've found that if you keep your ringtone to around 30 seconds or less, the download isn't a problem. My cellular service is with Verizon and once I've created the ringtone (saved as an MP3 or WAV file) I simply send it to my cell phone number @vtext.com and then select 'save as ringtone' in the options. It's quick, easy and the program I use (makeownringtones) is free online. You just download the song to your computer, isolate the section you want to use and save. The first time I used it I was a little confused but after I completed the process the first time it was a snap!

Maleah
02-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Yep if the ringtone is over 30 seconds I can't even send it to someone