PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Frey Solo Songs - Sheet Music

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I have Guitar/Piano music for most of the Eagles songs but have been trying to find the same for Glenn's Solo work. I've tried eBay and Amazon but all I can come up with is one or 2 songs in a song book of up to 40 others. Does anyone know if Glenn :heart: has in fact released any song books exclusively of his own music, or if sheet music is available for any of his individual songs?
If anyone could provide a link to a website from which I could buy these or legally download them either as single songs or as a compilation I'd also appreciate it

Thanks for your help girls :D

sodascouts
04-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Check out Ebay- I found songbooks there for No Fun Aloud, the Allnighter, and Soul Searchin'. I've never seen one for Strange Weather, however.

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm constantly checking eBay, although last night I managed to get the LROOE song book. So far nothing exclusively from Glenn :heart: . However if you say they are out there I'll keep at it. I suppose its up to being lucky as well, being there at the right time. Thanks Soda :D

sodascouts
04-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry GA, I see you said you'd tried Ebay, oops! But they are indeed out there. Keep in mind I've been checking Ebay off and on for two years now. Patience. ;)

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Sorry GA, I see you said you'd tried Ebay, oops! But they are indeed out there. Keep in mind I've been checking Ebay off and on for two years now. Patience. ;)

Well they say it a virtue Soda! There again I've been called a lot of things in my life. As you can imagine, virtuous isn't one of them :wink:

Claire
04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
GA, I found that link:
http://www.redskybooks.net/cgi-bin/rsb455/results?mv_session_id=Zi9dZzEr&searchfield=author&searchspec1=Frey%2c%20Glenn
I too have been searching for Glenn's songbooks, but I think those contain only the chords, not the detailed guitar parts :wink:

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Merci, Claire! Chords are fine as I'm not good enough at guitar to do TAB, and if I have chords thats enough for piano / keyboard, as I can play the right hand by ear. I'll try it.

glenneaglesfan
04-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Good find, Claire. Thanks for the link!

GA, you can find these on Ebay, but you have to search worldwide and look at Ebay shops too. There was an Allnighter songbook up a couple of weeks ago, but I missed it. I have Soul Searchin' and Strange Weather. There is also a book called The best of Glenn Frey for Guitar, by Warner Brothers Publications, but I suspect that it is out of print. I bought Strange Weather with the help of EF - it was for sale in Germany, and I put a bid on before I realised that the seller didn't accept Paypal! EF very kindly sent him a cheque, and I sent her euros through the post. I can't play the guitar but I like to try the piano parts and it's nice to have the lyrics.

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all that information everyone. I've just managed to order Strange Weather, The Allnighter and No Fun Aloud on the site Claire recommended. You might be able to get SW there as well Soda. GEF, 'The Best of Glenn :heart: Frey for Guitar' sounds like a must have. I'll keep looking for it, and Soul Searchin' also. Thanks again :grouphug:

sodascouts
04-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Terrific - thank you so much, Claire!

Claire
04-23-2008, 04:36 AM
You're welcome :) !

Glennsallnighter
04-23-2008, 04:45 AM
I got an email back from the guy who runs the company from the link Claire provided. He sounded very nice. But he advised me that SW is a very difficult book to acquire as the copies of it are becoming very scarce. So girls, if you DO want it you should get ordering sooner rather than later. Just advice.

He also asked me to take good care of it :lol: . As if I'd ever do anything else!!. I told him I'd give it as much TLC as if it was the man himself he was sending me :wink:

Ive always been a dreamer
04-23-2008, 10:12 AM
I got an email back from the guy who runs the company from the link Claire provided. He sounded very nice. But he advised me that SW is a very difficult book to acquire as the copies of it are becoming very scarce. So girls, if you DO want it you should get ordering sooner rather than later. Just advice.

He also asked me to take good care of it :lol: . As if I'd ever do anything else!!. I told him I'd give it as much TLC as if it was the man himself he was sending me :wink:

Wow - all I can say is that this song book should get a whole LOT of TLC if that is the case. :D

Thanks for the heads up GA. Sounds like you are dealing with a smart guy!

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Oh it will Dreamer :wink: . Believe me!

glenneaglesfan
04-24-2008, 12:02 PM

As if you wouldn't! :D

Congratulations on ordering those, GA! The songbook, like the CD insert, misses out the second verse lyrics for POMPOY in the printed lyrics, but the actual music score includes them. I believe the only other place which has the complete lyrics on the net is GFO! The book also has a large version of that sexy back view...

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Congratulations on ordering those, GA! The songbook, like the CD insert, misses out the second verse lyrics for POMPOY in the printed lyrics, but the actual music score includes them. I believe the only other place which has the complete lyrics on the net is GFO! The book also has a large version of that sexy back view...

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :inlove: