PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers

tbs fanatic
05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Has anyone here tried Weight Watchers? I'm thinking about signing up for their online program.

sodascouts
05-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I did Weight Watchers back in 1994 and lost 10 pounds, but I didn't have the self-disciple to stick with it. :(

Glennsallnighter
05-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I never did Weight Watchers, but between 14 January (when the London gigs were announced) and 20 March, every time I was tempted to be indulgent I just thought GLENN :heart: . (I would be in Starbucks, coffee in hand perusing the goodies and just repeating his name to myself until the craving passed!) It worked! I lost about 10 pounds in that time.

I need an Eagles gig in Dublin! Fast! Or else all that good work will be undone! :wink:

tbs fanatic
05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
:D LOL Self-discipline is my problem too. My sister did Weight Watchers and was successful. She went to the meetings though and I'm not really up for that. I suspect going to the meetings helps you keep motivated. I was going to do the online program thinking once I paid the money I would feel obligated to stick with the program.

sodascouts
05-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Plus, at the meetings, they weigh you publicly (or at least they did in 1994). That can be humiliating although I suppose it is motivating too.

Molly
05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Plus, at the meetings, they weigh you publicly (or at least they did in 1994). That can be humiliating although I suppose it is motivating too.

Two of my sisters talked me into joining them a few years ago. The WW staff would weigh people behind a little curtain, but then my dippy sister would announce her weight out loud and then say, "What was your weight, Sheryl?" Like I'm going to shout it across the room at her. :?

We weren't disciplined at all. In fact, it turned into an excuse to meet every Saturday morning, weigh in, skip the meeting, and then go out for a big high-calorie breakfast!

I remember one time we were at the restaurant, already stuffing our faces, when my middle sister and I realized that my oldest sister still had her Weight Watchers name tag on! :lol: We chose not to tell her and when she finally realized it, she was so mad at us, she didn't speak to us the rest of the morning. :lol: Ahhhh, siblings!

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2008, 06:08 AM
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Very good Molly!

I don't think the humiliation route is the way to go! We've all had too much of that from our school days. Encouragement is so much better!

Good luck to anyone of you who tries it! I'll stick to Glenn :heart: :wink:

samo
05-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I have never tried WW. As a matter of fact, I am working toward having the Adjustable Gastric Lap-Band done after my thyroid gets under control.

Glennsallnighter
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Well good luck with that Samo! Hope it all works out and your thyroid as well.

tbs fanatic
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Oh let me know how that goes. I have another family member who is thinking about that.

samo
05-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I will keep everyone updated. I have several co-workers that have had it done with excellent results.

SweetHolly
07-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I did WW for a while and did lose like 100 pounds but gained most of it back. :blush:

rcknalwys
07-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Hope the lapband works for you Samo. Years ago, there was a weight loss surgery being done where they bypassed most of your intestines. I had that done and the weight loss was spectacular(150 lbs in a year) but the medical complications were pretty bad. I had the 2nd child born to someone with the surgery and she was 3 pounds, very small for nearly 30 years ago. I ended up having it reversed while I was pregnant with my 2nd child. It took years for my body to recover from the effects. I've fought my weight all my life so I completely understand why you would consider the lapband. I have a couple of friends who have had good results from the band. Hope things go well for you should you decide to have it done. Keep us informed, ok?

samo
07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
I will be glad to keep everyone informed. I am at a stand still right now as far as the lap band surgery. I have found out that I have Graves' Disease and will be having a total thyroidectomy in a few months. Then, hopefully, after I get my body regulated after that, then I will be ready for the LapBand.

Thanks to everyone for the support. It really helps. :)

Glennsallnighter
07-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Well good luck with the thyroidectomy Samo! I hope everything goes well for you.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Good luck from me too, Samo. Be sure to keep us posted.

tbs fanatic
07-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Good luck samo. I am still dithering about WW :roll: Meanwhile my weight has taken on a life of its own and is determined to see how high it can get before I explode :shock:

Mrs Henley
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Good luck!!! :)

I never tried WW..

I have some other reasons to lose weight..:(
I've lose in 1 month 15 Kg.. :?

Glennsallnighter
07-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Good on you MH! That is a great result! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Keep it going!

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Thank you! :)

Only I wish I did it on a other way, not the way I do. Haha.

sodascouts
07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah, you have to lose weight in a healthy way or it can be a problem - those who lose weight by anorexia or bulimia, for instance, will suffer for it. :(

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Indeed.

I had an eating disease last year and I'm still busy with it, so it was for me not the healty way of losing weight.

rcknalwys
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Hang in there MH, you can overcome and find a healthy way to lose the weight. I know it is a constant struggle.

Samo, keep us updated on your thyroidectomy, we'll all be thinking of you.

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Hang in there MH, you can overcome and find a healthy way to lose the weight. I know it is a constant struggle.

Thank you :)
I'm glad it's going a lot better right now :)

Ive always been a dreamer
07-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Good for you, MH. I wish you the best in battling back from your disorder.

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Thank you!

Mrs Frey
07-08-2008, 06:38 AM
I will be glad to keep everyone informed. I am at a stand still right now as far as the lap band surgery. I have found out that I have Graves' Disease and will be having a total thyroidectomy in a few months. Then, hopefully, after I get my body regulated after that, then I will be ready for the LapBand.

Thanks to everyone for the support. It really helps. :)

Phew, Samo! That sounds ominous. I hope everything goes well for you, my dear. :hug:

I have only just seen this thread for the first time and read through all the posts. Good luck to all of you who are trying to lose weight. It's difficult, I know. I made up my mind about 10 years ago, motivated by a concert (and a singer I was very much in love with at the time :blush: ), to start exercising and regulating my diet. It paid dividends, and since then I've managed to keep up a healthy diet and exercise and keep off the weight.

Mind you, I have had lapses, such as the second half of last year, and this year, and I needed to put myself on a very strict diet and exercise routine for the Eagles concert in London on 20 March! :wink: I've put on a little since then, unfortunately, but I'm trying to pull that back now with healthy eating. My health hasn't been of the best over the last three weeks (and neither have my stress levels :roll: ), so I haven't been exercising much. My cycling has stopped dead because of the awful weather we are having at the moment, and it really works when one is trying to burn calories. I'll just have to try something else!

Mrs Frey
07-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Indeed.

I had an eating disease last year and I'm still busy with it, so it was for me not the healty way of losing weight.

Oh my goodness, Mrs Henley, I'm sorry to read that. To lose 15kg in one month is actually too much. I can't really give advice, as I'm not in your shoes and I don't know how hard it is for you, but all I can say is try and take it one day at a time. We're all rooting for you! :hug:

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Indeed.

Oh my goodness, Mrs Henley, I'm sorry to read that. To lose 15kg in one month is actually too much. I can't really give advice, as I'm not in your shoes and I don't know how hard it is for you, but all I can say is try and take it one day at a time. We're all rooting for you! :hug:

Thank you for your kind words Mrs Frey! :)

Prettymaid
03-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Maybe we need to resurrect this Livin' Right thread.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706